Chapter 3 Why We Fear Elevators

AJ B. (GM): Up ahead you can see the city walls of Melbourne rising up, and a large amount of dark black clouds gathering over the city.
Ambrose Betamax: “klaaatuuu veraaattaaaa nikto-er”
(ambrose is learning to read)

Melo slows down a few miles out. “Alright folks. We’re in Perth military gear, and I doubt we have enough credits to bribe our way in. Thoughts?”
(To GM): Is there a way to check the credit value on that cred-stick?
(From AJ B. (GM)): your comp or vault can both check it, it holds 25 creds
Ceukeausraa Krem: “Did our employer say we needed to leave everyone alive?”
“Or be stealthy in anyway?”
“Or was it just implied?”

Melo nods. “Said that Perth couldn’t be associated with this one in any way, shape or form. ’S why he had some outsiders do his dirty work.”
Ceukeausraa Krem: “Well…I’m not giving up my skycycle. Period. But we can barter off everything else, OR we could stash it.”

Melo nods. “Was thinking we could see about pawning the hovercycle. Want to keep the truck though; we need a safe ride back if we want to collect our funds.”

Ceukeausraa Krem muttters “Yccisehk drao ajah famlusa ic pylg…” and then adds “Sounds good. We should still stash them, though. I don’t trust anything in Australia, sentient or otherwise.”
(To Cackle H.): (What was the bit in faerie? Melo’s fluent in it)
(From Ceukeausraa Krem): http://nysa.cx/albhed/
(From Ceukeausraa Krem): I told AJ that’s what I’d be using for it before the game started. He responded [6/24/2014 10:57:42 PM] AJ-Husband of Ky, Pusher of Pause, and smallest kitteh: lol, fun works for me.

Melo nods. “True enough. Lets just hope the administrator holds true to his word. Been thinking of how to do that, too, but we can worry about that on the return trip. And agree totally on stashing the truck and your bike. Able to take her for a quick spin to find a good place to hide everything else?”

Ceukeausraa Krem laughs. “Hah. No. I don’t know how to drive this thing.”

Ceukeausraa Krem flies the skycycle as if she’s one with it, though.

Melo meant ‘her’ as in the skycycle.

Ceukeausraa Krem still doesn’t realize this, because you didn’t say it. You thought it.

Melo chuckles, headshakes. “Your bike, I mean.”
Ceukeausraa Krem: "Ah. That I can do. But first we should backtrack a bit. If we can see the city, they probably have scouts. The higher I get, the more likely those scouts are to see me.
"

Ceukeausraa Krem now has the song ‘cus I got high’ stuck in her head. Because of all music, that HAD to survive the war. Because only shit survives holocausts.
Melo: “True enough” And with that, he’d turn the truck around and head back another mile or two, just to be on the safe side. “Vault, keep up a standard radar sweep and lookout.”
Ceukeausraa Krem: "Ah…belay that. First, do a scan for incoming RADAR, SONAR, and LADAR, could you?
“While you’re at it, LIDAR and LORAN if you can.”

Melo in the mean time, fires up the long range radio to listen in to any of the local channels; inbound only, outbound is shut off. And hey, if they can pick up local TV? Why not.

Ceukeausraa Krem could pick up local TV on her car radio a few years back, if you listened low enough on the AM band.
Melo: (I remember doing that as a kid! I got Fox, it was how I listened to the Simpsons when I was grounded!)
Ambrose Betamax: (lol)
Ceukeausraa Krem: ((I got PBS. And it was back in 2001, in an Xterra. In Colorado, near LaFeyette.))
Ambrose Betamax: (I had neither a tv or a radio :P)

Vault runs the scans he can “No Radar or Sonar found. The rest are beyond my capabilities at this time. Apologies.”
Ceukeausraa Krem: ((Chalk another one up to the FCC, though. Cus high enough FM, I could pick up the police band. And in certain radio models, you could reach a high enough frequency to listen in to military chatter. The FCC controls that crap, and don’t care if you listen, as long as you don’t broadcast. It’s insane.))

Ceukeausraa Krem supposes that’s good enough. LADAR is usually a redundant system imbedded in RADAR anyway, and LIDAR…well, honestly, you can SEE LIDAR, though maybe not in the day as it is.

Ceukeausraa Krem would first do a quick calculation, though, to see exactly how high she could get without seeing the top of the walls of Perth.
Ceukeausraa Krem: ((Highschool Geometry is included in Math:Basic, right?))
AJ B. (GM): (correct it is)

Melo does another casual check of the wide band radio, again just listening in, because that baby’ll pick up just about anything, and jam it when he needs it to. And failing that, he could do the math too.
Ambrose Betamax: (eew math)
Ceukeausraa Krem: ((Alright, then I have enough knowledge to do that. Well…Ceukeausraa does. I’d be fucked. Skill is 58.))
AJ B. (GM): (you’re pretty certain on the height you can reach. without seeing the top. not gonna give an exact measurement because I haven’t done the calculations. Also I assume you mean Melbourne)
Ceukeausraa Krem: ((Everyone else uses that skill for mortar shells. I use it for this :P))
((Well, I sure as shit don’t mean Perth :P))
AJ B. (GM): (you’re the one who wrote Perth lol)
Ambrose Betamax: (I guess I’m running to perth now.)
AJ B. (GM): (maybe you just wanted to know what the height to avoid seeing that was)
Ceukeausraa Krem: ((The sad part is, that’s actually a valid question due to certain variables.))
AJ B. (GM): (anyhow moving on, you’re able to calculate easily enough. Need a piloting roll from you if you’re gonna go scout out a spot)
Ceukeausraa Krem: rolling 1d100< 81
(
44
)
= 1 Successes

Melo time of day dependent, would also offer his night vision goggles.
Ceukeausraa Krem: ((Unless they’re Light Amplifying Thermal, they won’t do much good in this situation.))
Melo: (Light amp passive)
Ceukeausraa Krem: ((Or it’s a full moon.))
AJ B. (GM): (Its only about a quarter past 3 pm when you’ve hit this point.)
Melo: (No need for ’em, for sure)

Melo after finding nothing on long range radio, returns it to its place on the ‘bot, and gives the other hovercycle a general once over maintenance check. He doesn’t want it blowing up on them after all.
Ceukeausraa Krem: (( http://youtu.be/riLkIh4v21Q?t=9s I challenge you to find one reason I’d WANT to use that :P))

Ceukeausraa Krem would return to the APC, parking her Nuclear Reactor…I mean, Skycycle in the back again and reports her findings. "8 miles from the wall, a big rock with some caves. That’s my advice. Second, there’s some trees only 4 miles from the wall..I don’t feel comfortable that close to Melbourne, personally, though it would save us the walk. 12 miles from the wall is a huge ditch. Seems like a lot of trouble to get the APC in and out of there, though the other two would have no difficulty.
Ambrose Betamax: “I’ll be ok, vault can carry me there.”

Melo nods. “Think the rocks might be our best bet, as long as we clear out whatever lives in said caves. Ditch might simply be more trouble then its worth. Ambrose, you have a prefrence?”
Ambrose Betamax: “nope.”
Melo: Alright. Caves it is.

Melo once more settles into the APC to head on over to them, radio set to scan to listen for any inbound frequencys.
AJ B. (GM): (roll your driving skill)
Melo: rolling 1d100< 45
(
1
)
= 1 Successes
AJ B. (GM): With that success you are able to easily drive it off to the caves and park it inside one with no trouble at all. Nothing seems to be living in this cave as far as you can tell. (The two of you with scent abilities roll them for me)
Ambrose Betamax: (is that a d20?)
AJ B. (GM): (d100)
Ceukeausraa Krem: “Y’know, if you want I can operate that radio while you drive. I have some experience in the field.”
Ambrose Betamax: rolling 1d100
(
50
)
= 50
Melo: (52 was your skill from eariler in the night, Blind)
Ceukeausraa Krem: rolling 1d100< 73
(
13
)
= 1 Successes

Melo quite happily ticks one thing off his task list, and passes the radio on over to the woman. “Thank you.”
Ambrose Betamax: (depends on which smell skill)
Ceukeausraa Krem: ((Considering it’s the one he knows for a fact we have, likely Recognize Odors.))
Ambrose Betamax: (if its a common/known/strong smell its 70)

Ambrose Betamax searches around the back of the cave, following a smell.
AJ B. (GM): Nothing unusual in appaearance about the cave as you search through it.
Ambrose Betamax: “why do I smell oil back here?”

Melo gets out of the APC, and takes a look around in the cave with a standard thermal check, light depending. “Good question”

Ambrose Betamax focuses his seach on where the smell is strongest, feeling the cave walls.

Ambrose Betamax dislikes mysterious odors :P

Ceukeausraa Krem is pretty sure Ambrose EMITS mysterious odors.
Ambrose Betamax: (not mysterious to me, baby)
Melo: (Prrt.)
Ambrose Betamax: (that smell just means I like oyu)
Melo: (Sorry, robot did it)
Ceukeausraa Krem: ((If you want me to pin you to the wall with my tongue, I will.))
AJ B. (GM): (roll me detect concealment Ambrose, if you have it)
Ambrose Betamax: …(uh-oh)

Ceukeausraa Krem just realized that EVERYONE speaks Faeriefolk.

Vault doesn’t.
Ambrose Betamax: (I dont have detect concealment)
Melo: (Might be a d100
(For sub 16 vs int check?)

Ceukeausraa Krem thinks that’s just what Vault gets for being a pre-war soulless machine. And also wonders why Melo didn’t store that in his datavaults.
AJ B. (GM): (roll me a d100 then Ambrose)
Ambrose Betamax: (I have a bunch of nature skills though, would I notice if something were artificial?)
rolling 1d100
(
90
)
= 90
(oh thats bad)
Ceukeausraa Krem: ((CRITFAIL.))

Melo actually needs to work out some of that stuff.
AJ B. (GM): (and yep untrained check will go against your IQ. Yeah you found absolutely nothing beyond a cave wall)

Ambrose Betamax bangs his nose into the wall in frustration. “RANDOM SMELLS PISS ME OFF!”

Ceukeausraa Krem actually probably should be searching for the source of that smell as well. Eh. “Melo. Something smells oily somewhere back in the cave. Someone else might be hiding stuff.”
Ambrose Betamax: “also, ow my nose.”
Melo: Oh? And cool your jets Ambrose, we’ll find it.

Ceukeausraa Krem will let the guy with SONAR check it out.
Ceukeausraa Krem: ((Because SONAR.))
((This is basically what it was made for.))

Melo would start looking as well, with various light spectrums. Like, you know, a flash light.
Ceukeausraa Krem: ((This, and killing people swimming behind military submarines.))
Ambrose Betamax: (the submarines props do a good job of that too)

Vault actually doesn’t have sonar, just radar.
Ambrose Betamax: (we could just punch the wall.)
AJ B. (GM): (It’s an unknown variable. “Lets punch it till it stops being unknown”)
“Kat” Vale: ((Actually submarine props don’t do much damage to anything that isn’t squishy they have been made into these shitty plastic polymers that are great for the pressures but are worth anything in an impact))
Ceukeausraa Krem: ((Not as good as http://blog.seattlepi.com/candacewhiting/2012/03/08/how-navy-sonar-kills-whales-and-dolphins/ this.))
Ambrose Betamax: "Hallo oily wall, you look like you could use some new cooling solutions. Here’s my card. Its magnetic!)
(I have no idea where I got these magnacards printed by the way.)\
(To GM): With them pointing in the general direction, could I assist with the detect concealment?
Melo: (Part of your personal basics)
AJ B. (GM): (yeah you’re welcome to roll for it)
Ceukeausraa Krem: ((Well, don’t forget they’re still a plastic POLYMER. It won’t kill most things, but it can hurt them badly enough that secondary conditions such as blood loss can become lethal :P))
Melo: rolling 1d100< 42
(
67
)
= 0 Successes
“Kat” Vale: ((Notice I also said not squishy))
AJ B. (GM): (well Melo has failed to find anything but an ordinary cave wall as well. Aside from that weird smell)
Ceukeausraa Krem: ((…Sorry, I thought you said squishy. Not not. My mistake.))
“Kat” Vale: ((No Problem :P))
Ceukeausraa Krem: ((My Detect Concealment is still 58))
Ambrose Betamax: “this wall is wierd. I think I’ll shoot it.”
Melo: Don’t waste the ammo.
Ceukeausraa Krem: “Yeah, the light emission totally won’t give our position away this close.”
Ambrose Betamax: “negotiations have broken down between me and the wall”
Melo: Could bring the whole damned cave down atop us if you’re not careful.
Ceukeausraa Krem: “He does that, we eat him first.”
Melo: Agreed.
Ambrose Betamax: …“It didn’t buy a fridge.”
Melo: “You don’t have one handy to sell!”

Ceukeausraa Krem points pit a seam in the wall she finds. Probably spends several minutes trying to get everyone to see it, too.
Ambrose Betamax: “well thats hardly the point.”

Ceukeausraa Krem points out*
Ambrose Betamax: “see wall, you could have colvered that unsightly seam.”

Melo heads on over to inspect what’s being pointed out. “Good eye.”
Ambrose Betamax: “had you only bought a refridgerator…”
Ceukeausraa Krem: “…I swear to god… Melo, can I shoot him?”
Melo: “No, not yet. We need him as a meat shield.”

Ambrose Betamax pretends not to hear this with his giant ears

Ceukeausraa Krem mutters something about “…pusp Fymac.”
Ceukeausraa Krem: ((They’re like Fennec ears.))
Melo: (..Bomb Wales?)
Ambrose Betamax: “I HEARD THAT! dunno what you said…but it was somefin >>”
Ceukeausraa Krem: ((Yes. Bomb wales. Actually, I think that’s Ireland…"
))
((Also, you speak Faeriefolk. You do know what was said :P))
Ambrose Betamax: (oh…wat wwas said then :P)
(oh. why do you want to bomb wales?"

Melo follows the seem as best he can, to see where it might go, bend, or if there was anything that’d be helping it to move.
(To GM): Can I get another sense magic, please?
AJ B. (GM): (its just a straight up and down seam)
Ambrose Betamax: “how un-seamly.”
Ceukeausraa Krem: ((Inside joke…apparently. Forget it.))
(From AJ B. (GM)): sure, you don’t detect any magic here though
(To GM): Thank you.

Ceukeausraa Krem would attempt to force the door open. Her Johnny Benchian fingers have to be good for something.
AJ B. (GM): (whats your PS?)

Ambrose Betamax helps push.
Ceukeausraa Krem: ((24. But with something that makes it MD strength with enough effort.))

Melo will join in if need be, “Vault, give us a hand, would’ja?” (16 and 28 robo, respctivly)
Ambrose Betamax: (yay teamwork!)
Vault: As you request, Commander.
Ceukeausraa Krem: ((I think we should have vault be the primary, then, since each of our successes is a cumulative…+1 was it?
))
((Or am I crossing the streams, I mean systems again?))
AJ B. (GM): (alright) As the lot of you mess with this the area under your hands begins to cruble and fall away, revealing a pair of stainless steel elevator doors with a keypad off to the left of it.
Ceukeausraa Krem: “Well…I suddenly doubt we want to store our vehicle here. It seems to be in use.”
AJ B. (GM): (you’re crossing systems, RIFTs doesnt officially have any “work as a team” functions.)

Melo perks. “…Neat.”
Ambrose Betamax: (I think I saw this in fallout 3.)
Ceukeausraa Krem: ((It has ONE. Ultimate, P 244))
(To GM): Haxor time! Can I blow half my ISP on a telemechanics, please?
AJ B. (GM): (For the record it was Very tempting to just have all this effort reveal a refrigerator)
Ambrose Betamax: (that would have been AWESOME)

Melo reaches on over, and puts his hands around the buttons.
(From AJ B. (GM)): sure if you want to.
Melo: (That would have been great, to be honest)
Ceukeausraa Krem: ((You know I would snap, carve the deer into venison chunks, and shove him in the fridge, right?))
AJ B. (GM): (I do in fact know that)
Ceukeausraa Krem: ((Just checking.))
(To GM): Yes, please. After all, that gives me schematics and security codes. Should be able to figure out just how deep it goes
Ceukeausraa Krem: ((In fact, I might kill him WITH Charles…I mean the fridge.))
((Don’t you know who the fuck I am? I’m the god damn Juggernaut, bitch.))
((Moving on. Melo is groping the buttons. Like they’re nipples.))
(From AJ B. (GM)): Alright, you get the code for the elevator and information that says it goes down 50 to 70 “floors” that those 20 are the only areas that it can actually open on. Nothing else though.
Melo: (I read that as Cave Johnson at first. I was expecting “I’m the man who’s gonna BURN YOUR HOUSE DOWN! With the LEMONS!” after that)
Ceukeausraa Krem: ((I really should break in to my old house and steal my copy of Portal 2 back.))
Ambrose Betamax: “dont worry, melo, I’ll attempt a manual override of the door” tries to force the elevator doors

Melo whistles after a few minutes of looking at those buttons. “Hell of a long trip folks. We’re talking damn near State Building deep.”
Ceukeausraa Krem: ((So onward. To nipple buttons.))
“The Hell’s a State Building?”
Ambrose Betamax: “clearly its a building the size of a state.”

Melo humms? “Empire State Building. Use to be one.. Nevermind. Suffice it to say this thing goes ’bout 700 feet down.”
Ceukeausraa Krem: ((Also, that technically should work with superhuman strength. Since y’know, REGULAR elevators work like that with a crow bar. I tend to think of supernatural strength as a crowbar.))
((…Which I think means we can also use sewer grates as shurikens.))
Ambrose Betamax: (hopefully the elevator car is at the top :P)
(what kind of elevator is it? like a normal one or a big freight one?)
AJ B. (GM): (Looks like its a freight elevator, and so far prying it open doesnt seem to be doing much)
Ceukeausraa Krem: ((After a night’s sleep, we should all be about full on ISP and PPE, right?))
Ambrose Betamax: (hmm. there could still be a fridge in there then)
Melo: Alright folks, arm up. Get what you need to from the truck before I lock her down. Everyone got your key?
AJ B. (GM): (correct, between travel time you guys are probably all up anyhow, and for the record I’m going with refills automatically between sessions unless its midcombat or something)
Ceukeausraa Krem: ((Or something else dramatically relevant?))
AJ B. (GM): (correct)

Ambrose Betamax still wants to know about the door.
Ambrose Betamax: (elevator I mean)
(does the keypad have a keyhole in it too?)
AJ B. (GM): (nope, just a keypad)
Ceukeausraa Krem: ((You’re facing the Angel of Death in eight hours! But first, you have to do task x! Do you wast PPE? D:))
((waste*))
Ambrose Betamax: (hmm, I want to get this elevator going now, its sooo mysterious)
Ceukeausraa Krem: ((Would the elevator and the building it’s attached to count as one ‘object’ for the sake of ‘read object’? I assume if so my information would be significantly reduced for the lack of focus?))
AJ B. (GM): (They would be considered seperate objects)
Ceukeausraa Krem: ((Lame.))
“Going down?”

Melo would lock down the APC after making sure everyone had the stuff they need. Food, water, keys, weapons, that sort of stuff. Once given the ok from everyone, he’d simply push some buttons on the elevator’s key pad. “Yep.”
Ceukeausraa Krem: ((And by key, do you mean to the APC?))
((Cus honestly, I didn’t bother listing those.))
Melo: (Yep. We had 5 of them)
Ambrose Betamax: “oh. you could have mentioned you knew what to do with the keypad before I pried all over it.”
Melo: “..God damnit Ambrose.”
“This is not your elevator now. Peeing on it does not make it that way. You’re in the world of Man right now.”
Ambrose Betamax: “I thought you were nipple twisting it.”
PRY!”
“As in oping the door you-”
(LOL)
Ceukeausraa Krem: “Please? Can I shoot him?”
Melo: (I’m totally going with that was a failed English check)
Ceukeausraa Krem: “I won’t even kill him. I’ll just make him hurt. A lot. And not be a him.”
Ambrose Betamax: (your so mean)
AJ B. (GM): The doors open and inside is revealed to be an extremely sterile freight elevator. It is pure white with no marks whatsoever on it. Inside there are 20 square buttons without and numbers on them.
Ceukeausraa Krem: ((Not my fault Ambrose is functionally retarded. Despite his above average IQ.))
AJ B. (GM): (*any)
Melo: (He just thinks differently. He’s doing a very good job of playing an inhuman intelligence)
Ambrose Betamax: (Hay he’s just a little neuroitic :()
Ceukeausraa Krem: ((That’s not neurotic. It’s functionally retarded :P))

Melo steps on in. “Going down folks. Care to join us? Vault, c’mon.”

Ambrose Betamax is pretty nervous about the elevator now.
Ambrose Betamax: “you mean….the thing closes behind us and we’re stuck in it?”

Vault walks in. “Acknowledged, Commander.” Clank Clank Clank.
Ambrose Betamax: “that uh, doesnt sound safe…”

Ceukeausraa Krem enters the elevator, and pushes the button on the bottom right, if there’s no objections…from Melo or Vault, specifically.
Melo: Mmhmm. And it’ll take us down to where they keep stuff.

Melo would wait for the deer before letting buttons get pushed. “Or you can stay here, alone, and guard the car.”
Melo: (Friendly note: NEVER split the party)

Ceukeausraa Krem actually, has an idea.
Ambrose Betamax: (I think ambrose would be afraid of being trapped in a confined space with no way to leave. Should I roll horrer factor?)\
(a holdover from deer mentality)
AJ B. (GM): (sure go for it)

Ceukeausraa Krem checks the APC for a wench or some such thing right quick.
Ambrose Betamax: (how do i roll it?)
Melo: (I think HF is d20?)
AJ B. (GM): (1d20+any HF bonuses)
Ambrose Betamax: rolling 1d20 + -1
(
1
)+-1
= 0
(wow.)
(is that a hella fail or hella success?)
Melo: (Good job, sir. You bravely charge in because you only live once!)
AJ B. (GM): The deer just went into a semi catatonic state and is curled up on the floor in front of the elevator.
Melo: (Or failed. Failing works, too)
AJ B. (GM): (basic of RIFTs, d20 high good, d100 high bad)
Melo: (Neat. I will need to remember that)
Ceukeausraa Krem: ((You’ve said that two or three times already :P))

Melo blinks. “Yeah.. Lets bring ‘em with us. At least we’ll have food if we get stuck.” And he’d attempt to drag the deer in, and make sure he’s alright.
Ceukeausraa Krem: “Wait. Better idea.”
Melo: (Can we make THAT the name of the campaign?)

Ceukeausraa Krem pulls out her Neural Mace and pokes the deer three or four times with it. There, now he won’t even notice.
Ambrose Betamax: “blurglefarb”
(I’m like one of those fainting goats.)
Melo: Oh god, turn him on his side so he doesn’t drown in his own vomit

Ceukeausraa Krem doesn’t think that’s how these things work. And on top of that, she’ll need to continuously reapply the mace, due to it only lasting a MAX of a minute.
Ambrose Betamax: (that was just the sound of me trying to say “for the love of god noooooo” while comotose and being maced)

Ceukeausraa Krem did check the APC for a wench before all this though. Labours fruitful, or no?
AJ B. (GM): (No such luck, no sign of a wench)
(or a winch either.)
Ambrose Betamax: (this game would be a good comic :P)
(or a wrench?)
AJ B. (GM): (Theres probably a wrench in there somewhere)

Melo will wait, and then hit the button for the bottom floor once everyone is on board and ready.. Well, as ready as a catatonic deer thing can be.

Ceukeausraa Krem would settle for just a length of really strong rope.
Ceukeausraa Krem: ((There is no button for the bottom floor. Just buttons.))
Ambrose Betamax: “fagglenudontclosethehuuuurk”
Ceukeausraa Krem: ((Hah. Faggle.))
((It’s a gay giggle.))
AJ B. (GM): (Krem is correct, there are 10 buttons unmarked in two columns)

Ambrose Betamax twitches a little.
(To GM): would the telemechanics let me know what one is for the bottom floor?
Ceukeausraa Krem: ((Any really strong rope?))
AJ B. (GM): (sorry 10 in each column)
(there is some decently strong rope in the APC yes)
Ambrose Betamax: (oh dear)
(cause that idea wont cause any fear)
(From AJ B. (GM)): yeah suppose it would. 4th button down on the left column
Melo: Bottom floor, yeah?
Ceukeausraa Krem: “Alright. So Melo, you take the elevator. Open the service hatch. I’ll be right behind you.”
Ambrose Betamax: “bbbgububub.”

Melo nods. “Can do. You sure you wanna climb 70 floors?”
Ambrose Betamax: “…fasfhabhc….oh..where am I OH MY GO-bulbberfaff….”

Ceukeausraa Krem would set to work anchoring that rope to the APC, and waiting until the elevator doors close.

Melo calls out, “6-7-8-2-4 on the key pad, just in case. 4th button on the left column.” And with that, he’d hit the mentioned button. Ding.
Ambrose Betamax: (isnt it a bad idea to have a panicing deer in an enclosed space with a lot of people?)
Melo: ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nf8FCLT8S6A )
Ambrose Betamax: (you know, the one that can become a mega damage creature in certain circumstances?)
AJ B. (GM): (theres only one person and a robot, they’ll be fine, one of them has no soul)
Melo: (Any bets on it not being the robot?)
Ambrose Betamax: twitch

Melo lightly taps his foot with the elevator music.

Ambrose Betamax wakes up in a panic and tries to force open the door.
Ceukeausraa Krem: ((Also, Melo DOES have a Neural Mace of his own.))
AJ B. (GM): (no music completely silent in this elevator until it gets to the bottom)
Melo: AMBROSE! CALM THE FUCK DOWN! You’ll be alright! Just close your eyes, you’ll be fine.
Ambrose Betamax: (ambrose isnt even aware of you dood)
Melo: (Yeah, but he’s gotta try before he maces his friend)
Ambrose Betamax: (this is fight/flight response)
Ceukeausraa Krem: ((Ambrose is a Prinny. Run before it explodes.))
Ambrose Betamax: (*is all proud cause he remembered something about feni’s)
Melo: (YAY!)
AJ B. (GM): Everything goes off without a hitch and you make it to the bottom, where a woman’s voice speaks up from the other side of the door. “All Personnel are reminded to proceed with extreme caution. A level 5 lockdown is in effect, override by authorized personnel only.” (and I do believe thats a good place to call it for the night)
Melo: (Yep!)
(This has been a blast)
Ambrose Betamax: poor ambrose :P
(zapped comotose again on the floor
AJ B. (GM): Indeed it has, 300 xp for everyone and an extra 50 for Krem.
Ambrose Betamax: I think after the first half I got better at rping :3
Zea: Blind, I’ll need to get my hands on your character sheet eventually, so I can put together a quick refrence guide for you.
Ambrose Betamax: aaah ok
man, ambrose had a bad day
Zea: I’d say he had a good one.
(From Cackle H.): The last one I took a look at was here. https://www.dropbox.com/s/ttjkhktthtsgy4c/Blind%27s%20character.pdf In my dropbox. I doubt he’s updated it since.
Zea: He found the book, he came up with the idea of how to get the ACP out of stuff, he found the elevator
(To Cackle H.): Thank ya.
Cackle H.: ACP?
Zea: APC, sorry.
Cackle H.: Oh.
Jacob R.: (and he found a fire extinguisher.)
Cackle H.: Something something something outside the box
Jacob R.: but then he passed out in front of an elevator
and apparently had peed on it
THANK YOU >>
Zea: So Kat, what’d’ja think of the motly crew?

Cackle H. coincidentally just asked basically the same thing of AJ.
Jacob R.: Hi kat, I’m a catatonic deer thats foaming at the mouth! nice to meet you!
Melo: test
Vault: test 2
Zea: That works.
Cackle H.: Oh shit. A map.
Jacob R.: Oh dear
is still foaming at the mouth
AJ B. (GM): everyone just about ready to start?
Cackle H.: So do we not have a fourth player after all?
Jacob R.: I’m readie
AJ B. (GM): He will be here, in 20 or so, I set the game time at 2:30 since thats where we were usually starting
on the ad
Jacob R.: Lore wise how is he appearing?
AJ B. (GM): since I’m introing his character somewhere during this not to big a deal.
Jacob R.: ah ok
Cackle H.: I’m gonna be watching Primal Fear then. I’ve always wondered if Norton could actually act, or he was just handed a really good script.
Zea: I’m eating foods casually as we wait.
AJ B. (GM): Alright so you lot are here at least if you want we can start and I’ll intro him when the time is right/he gets here
Zea: Works for me. Could we get a recap, please?
Cackle H.: Got it. Norton can’t act, he’s just REALLY good at whispering lines dramatically.
AJ B. (GM): (Recap: You guys drove through the rest of Australia towards Melbourne seeing various things, including a stone giant that you detoured around, got your APC stuck in some rocks and met some bandits, one that you killed one that you let go with some rations. While searching for a spot to hide the APC you found a cave with an elevator in the back that was passcode locked, you hacked through it and decided to ride it down to the bottom floor.)

Ceukeausraa Krem makes a thud on top of the elevator when it stops.
Jacob R.: (well most of us decided.)

Melo pops open the entrance hatch to the elevator to let Krem in, listening to that casual tone of the PA system mentioning lock down.

Ceukeausraa Krem drops in through the service hatch. “Never hurts to have a backup plan, right?”
Melo: True enough. ’S a hell of a lot of rope.
Ambrose Betamax: “bbbrglfolpie”
AJ B. (GM): (By the time you have descended 70 floors the deer has recovered at least enough to stand)
Ambrose Betamax: (ok :P)

Ambrose Betamax stands up unsteadily. “….never….ever again…”
AJ B. (GM): The doors of the elevator opens and reveals a teal tiled floor lit by flickering spotlights and you can hear a different female voice coming over the PA system.
Ceukeausraa Krem: "So, is this elevator locked down too? Or do we need to override it to keep it from causing a nuclear detonation if it reaches the top floor?
"
Melo: (Ha. Awesome)
Ambrose Betamax: (oh good the bit with what we should do is gibbereish :P)
Melo: As far as I’m aware, nope. But according to that lady, I could be wrong. I’ll do what I can to make sure she doesn’t think its a breach.
Ambrose Betamax: (have we invaded a vault in fallout?)

Ceukeausraa Krem would attempt to work her ECM magic upon the elevator to lock it down until she or one of her companions decided otherwise.
AJ B. (GM): (roll it)
Ceukeausraa Krem: rolling 1d100< 58
(
11
)
= 1 Successes
AJ B. (GM): (You have gotten the elevator locked down the way you want it)
Ahead of you and directly to your left is a single stainless steel door. A similar door is a little ways ahead and on your right.

Melo does a quick visual on the full spectrum that his eyes can pick up. “Alright folks. Where to?” And out of the elevator he’d step.
AJ B. (GM): (just turning off the announcement on here, its still playing in game)

Ambrose Betamax brings up the rear, being extremely anxious in the still very enclosed space
Ceukeausraa Krem: ((What announcement? I had sounds turned off for my browser, since last time they were on, all I heard was that annoying squeal from your microphone.))
AJ B. (GM): (red Xes to show doors)
(yeah I shut off my headset, I’ll pop the announcement back on for a few)

Ceukeausraa Krem ((All personnel are to shit your shims to the J.V?))
Melo: (Gibberish)
Ceukeausraa Krem: ((I choose to believe they are to shit their shims to the JV.))

Melo checks for any kind of security or access panel on the door, or, you know, a door knob.
Ceukeausraa Krem: “This facility is far too large to clear. Perhaps we should just find a new location.”
AJ B. (GM): (the one you’re nearest I assume?)
Melo: True. Still might be worth checking out. Could lead us into the city undetected; you know how some of these high and mightys are with escape plans, yeah? (Yep)
Ambrose Betamax: “secret udnerground bases are fine and all but…..but….no exits and scary…”
Ceukeausraa Krem: “Yeah, and we’d be leaving our vehicles right in the middle of their escape route. Not a great hiding spot, wouldn’t you say? By the way, who has that thing we’re supposed to leave in the central computer? Second question, think this facility might house said computer?”
AJ B. (GM): The door has a simple handle, but next to the door is a card reader. On the door itself is a note. “Please refrain from entering while testing is in progress.” To the left of the door is an unlit sign with the words “in progress”
Ambrose Betamax: “an escape route for who? place is empty?”
Melo: I got it; been keeping it with me, don’t worry on that front." A first came up to tap his chest, “And it very well might; if not, an extension of it. And for what its worth, we’ve got their escape route locked down; that elevator is the only one in the shaft. As for who? Hell if I know.” And he’d try the handle first, just in case it was unlocked, as unlikely as it is. “Vault, check the other door, would’ja?”
AJ B. (GM): (Just to double check that Ambrose did you hand that over to him, I know you originally were handed it)
Vault: Commander this door has both a keycard lock, and a large hazard sign with a picture of a human on it and a designation. It appears they thought this man was somehow dangerous.
Ambrose Betamax: (I dont know, I had a card?)
AJ B. (GM): (The door Melo tried is in fact unlocked)
(Then I can roll with this if you’re ok with him having that disk with the gem in it)
Melo: (The disc from the administrator. You were handed it and I ninja’d it from you about 6 days back, before we left the office)
Ambrose Betamax: (oh.)
(ok)
AJ B. (GM): The Lab appears to be filled with various high tech equipment from around the golden age of humanity. Nothing appears damaged though it is all covered in dust.
Ambrose Betamax: (ooooh)
(maybe this place isnt an escape route for anyone anymore)

Melo nods. “Thank you. Figure we can check that next. Wanna take a look in here at the least.” A quick visual scan, and should nothing be outwardly about to eat him.. Well, his eyes would light up, if they weren’t already back light (Thank you Triax) and in he’d look. “Ok folks, we might have ourselves some new toys.”

Ceukeausraa Krem would look around. “It said don’t enter when testing is in progress…testing what?” She’d try and find the focus of the room.
Ambrose Betamax: (no one push any buttons :P)
AJ B. (GM): (There does not appear to be any particular focus of the room, many of the pieces of equipment would be unfamiliar even to Melo)

Ceukeausraa Krem would attempt to use her psychometry on one of the devices to find out, then.

Melo looks about for anything resembling tools of some kind that he might recognize; optics, spanners, or something else he may be able to fathom a use for. After all, spare parts of high quality are hard to find anymore! “Alright. I’m of a mind that its worth checking this place out.” And then into his comm, “Vault, check ahead for us a bit. Quietly.”
AJ B. (GM): (Krem pick one if you wish then, the room is as shown, Melo, on that table behind you are tools from your time and some even older then that which were considered obsolete.)
Ceukeausraa Krem: ((Pick one what? You’ve just said there’s high tech golden age…THINGS. That’s pretty vague.))

Ambrose Betamax looks at everything and has no idea what any of it does. Ooh that one looks fun!
AJ B. (GM): (you’ve got 4 pieces of gear, the cylinder to your left, the things in the two corners farthest from you, and the thing directly in front of you)
(the little table to your right has random tools and shit scattered on it)

Ceukeausraa Krem will be going with Impressions.

Ceukeausraa Krem has a 60% “skill” in impressions.

Ambrose Betamax picks up a random thing and fiddles with it.

Melo also checks for any key-cards that might be used for the doors, or if someone forgot their badge.. Or left it in haste.

Ambrose Betamax starts thinking about claiming important things as his territory.
AJ B. (GM): (There do not appear to be any key cards or badges left around)
Ceukeausraa Krem: ((Remind me again, Internal Strength Points are Psychic Energy, and Potential Psychic Energy is Magic Energy, right?))

Melo will eventually just snag one of the dust covered items that looks to be interesting; He can figure out what it does later. (Will let the GM decide what would be eye catching or tool like) After all, it gives him something to tinker with.
Melo: (Yes)
AJ B. (GM): (correct)
Ceukeausraa Krem: ((That’s still SO retarded :P))
AJ B. (GM): (no argument there)

Ceukeausraa Krem learns nothing new from the radioactive thing. Tries the bed in the corner.

Ambrose Betamax is still very much operating on post freakout instinct, and is looking for things that could be used to escape…stuff…just in case/
Ambrose Betamax: (since I have no technical knowledge that amounts to looking for stuff I could throw at things)
AJ B. (GM): (lol that’d be most of the tools, though some of them are low tech, such as a scalpel, and a few other “normal” objects)

Melo heads on back up the hall-way. “Worth checking the other rooms at least, yeah?”

Ambrose Betamax heads to that other door we missed.

Melo will join Ambrose; gotta protect the deer. “You want to give it a go, or should I?”
Ambrose Betamax: “you can” 8is still breathing hard and wild eyed"

Melo tries the door in such case.

Ceukeausraa Krem readies her rifle just in case and aims over Melo’s shoulder.
AJ B. (GM): The door is locked. The warning sign next to it seems to indicate whatevers in here #820, as well as stating “Under no circumstances is any personnel to make eye contact with subject 820”

Melo nods. “Locked works. We can come back to it. Lets check some of the other ones.” And on down the hall he’d wander.
Ceukeausraa Krem: “You know, I could open the door if you really want it open.”
Melo: I know you can’ rather see what else we’ve got first. I’m kinda inclined to take that one’s warning at face value.
Ambrose Betamax: (do do that youd have to make eye contact :P)
AJ B. (GM): This next door appears to be similar in make, next to it is another warning sign this one designting, 5670, “Personnel are only to view 5670 through cctv. Any personnel to enter containment must undergo psychiatric review afterwards. Any personnel to open 5670 are to be deemed irretrievable.” Next to all this is a black box of electrical tape covering a portion of the sign.

Melo is human and curious. He’d lift the black box just enough to see what it covered; should it be safe, he’d remove it and look. Should it be something more questionable then a simple button, more words, or said CCTV, he’d leave it as is and check the next door. “Well, this one looks friendly. I’m now very curious as to what we’ve stumbled across.”
(From AJ B. (GM)): as you peel it up you see what appears to be a picture of a normal christmas present.

Ambrose Betamax thinks he might know and is now rather more nervous and uncomfortable.

Melo hums. And puts the cover back down as best he can before checking the next door. “Well, safe bet we’ve found a mad doctor’s lab of some kind.”
Ambrose Betamax: “I think…I think they messed with psychics here.”
(From AJ B. (GM)): As you start walking away you feel a minor compulsion to try and get in that room. roll me a save vs psionics please.
Melo: (To GM) rolling 1d20<12>< is not >.

Ceukeausraa Krem points out that’s not what “psychiatric evaluation” means.
Ambrose Betamax: (no eye contact for one guy, and the other one its the viewers whod have the evaluation)
(From AJ B. (GM)): Well you feel absolutely no desire to go near that door again, and also notice that it isn’t something you’d normally have wanted to do anyhow.
Melo: Might be a good idea to leave that one alone." And the next door would be inspected.

Vault scans ahead as instructed.

Ceukeausraa Krem checks next to this door.

Ambrose Betamax believes he might be in phychic deer hell and stays where he is.
AJ B. (GM): The one Melo is next to appears to be another lab door. This one is locked. The one Krem is next to is labeled observation room and appears to just have a normal key lock on it. It is locked as well though.
Ceukeausraa Krem: “They were definitely experimenting on D-Bees and humanoids alike. I’ve seen nothing to indicate any sort of focus, though.”

Melo makes a note of the locked door. “This’ll be one we’ll want to check out most likely.” And then off to the next door. “Anything interesting in that one?”

Melo also calls back, “Ambrose, keep up. Don’t want us getting split up in here.”

Ambrose Betamax reluctantly follows.
Ceukeausraa Krem: “Pretty sure they’re all locked, Gary. And look at this place. It’s abandoned. We’re not gonna alert anyone to our presence anyway.”
“We’re pretty much safe at the back end. Let’s just get out of here.”
AJ B. (GM): The door Melo is in front of now has a large plaque on it. “O5 access only. Any unauthorized entry will result in termination.”

Melo nods in agreement. “Good bit of likelyhood whatever was down here is dead. Lets hit up that lab then head to the city. See if we can grab some things to bribe the guards with.”
AJ B. (GM): (It also has a retina scanner instead of a keycard lock)

Ambrose Betamax doesnt like not knowing whats behind all these doors though.

Vault inspects and reports on the other door.
Ambrose Betamax: (deer dun like not knowing whats around ;o;)
Vault: Locked door, keycard access only. Warning sign with picture of a black marble tile with a human skull design on it. Warning labels this 702, states that personnel are not to step on instances of 702-1 except during testing.
Melo: (“I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.”)
Ceukeausraa Krem: ((Actually, orgasms are a little death. In French, an orgasm is referred to as Une petite mort.))
Melo: That one sounds friendly. Krem, think you can get us into that one, or this one?
AJ B. (GM): (probably has something to do with the similarities of symptoms)
Ceukeausraa Krem: ((I’ve personally never died during an orgasm. Then again, I’m not David Carradine.))
AJ B. (GM): (assuming House didn’t lie to me most of the symptoms are very similar, just the end is different)
(and yes I’m getting my medical knowledge from television)
Ceukeausraa Krem: ((There’s no cardiac arrest during orgasm, nor is there a cessation of all brain function, to my knowledge.))
((Those are the two keymark symptoms of death, are they not? On top of that, skin doesn’t go pallid, it flushes. Eyes continue to blink. Even digestive function continues as normal, never met someone who voided every time they climax))
“You gonna stand there all day, or do you want the door open?” She’d ask.

Melo moves aside readily enough.

Ceukeausraa Krem would attempt to force the door.
AJ B. (GM): (death not dying. during the period before death presumably most of that matches close to orgasm, increased heart rate, adrenaline rush, and I forget what else, but haven’t looked it up.)
(what’s your PS?)
Ceukeausraa Krem: ((24, and augmented.))
AJ B. (GM): The lock easily snaps and the door is wide open.
A lab identical to the last one with one exception. Across the way is a door with another of those warning signs on it.

Melo heads on in, glancing at tools and the like, before checking the door. “Vault, try and get us into that other room. Try to avoid breaking stuff if you can.” Indicating the obvservation room. And over to check the other warning signs he’d go.
Ceukeausraa Krem: (( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09vVF-Hvykg My empathy has been augmented.))
AJ B. (GM): The sign on the door shows a picture of the mirror you guys picked up earlier with a warning. “669 Only D-class personnel are to view their reflections in 669 and only during testing. 669 is to be fed once a week and recovered immediately should it breach containment. It is not to be exposed to direct sunlight during any testing.”
Melo: ..Fed? Uhh.. What’d we pick up out there?
Ambrose Betamax: (ooh.)
Ceukeausraa Krem: “Reflections? It didn’t show any reflections.”
Ambrose Betamax: “…its probably dead by now anyways…dust is all over.”
AJ B. (GM): (not quite true, when you were holding it, it acted as a normal mirror.)
(as for it being dead, could be)

Melo does a quick check; there ARE general computers around here, right?
AJ B. (GM): (not so far.)
(one of these things in here might be a computer but if so you don’t recognize it as one)
Melo: I’m curious as to how it managed to get out… Or if its another one of them." Damn him and his desire to help things. “Wanna open it?”

Ceukeausraa Krem forces the door again, then

Melo sooo should have asked if they thought it’d be a good idea to open it.
AJ B. (GM): (alright, this time I need a d20 roll)
Ceukeausraa Krem: rolling 1d20
(
19
)
= 19
AJ B. (GM): door is forced open and the PA system cuts out, to be replaced by a high pitched alarm.
Ambrose Betamax: (uh-oh.)
AJ B. (GM): Inside the room is a wood paneled floor, and nothing else, it appears to be completely empty.

Melo ‘s instant reaction: “Vault, report.” even as he gives the room a quick scan. "Well, that’s not good."
Vault: An alarm appears to have been triggered somewhere in the building, no responsive units visible at this time.
Ambrose Betamax: ( so ambrose is now trapped in a confined space with a suddenly loud noise?)
Melo: (Yep, by the looks of it.)

Ambrose Betamax freaks the hell out.
Ambrose Betamax: (ambrose is not havign a good day)
AJ B. (GM): The center device shifts from blue to red and pops up a screen with 5 blank white boxes under the words O5 override.

Melo heads right on over and touches the device, looking focused for a moment or two.
(From AJ B. (GM)): psi?
(To GM): Telemechanics, hunting for security codes at this point, now that I’ve got some kind of system I can check at. Beyond codes to disable alarms, I want as much info as I can gather on the place.

Ambrose Betamax is foaming at the mouth in the fetal position….again
(From AJ B. (GM)): you find that any door can be controlled from any console, and although no files exist on anything about the place the O5 code does give you access to any locks or devices. the O5 code is GODLY.

Melo quickly taps in a code after a moment, hopefully shutting down the alarms. The next several minutes would be spent studying the system. He might even manage to pull up a view screen within some of the rooms if he was lucky.
AJ B. (GM): (sorry session expired)
Melo: (No problems)
Ambrose Betamax: (poor ambrose :P)
AJ B. (GM): After a couple minutes the alarms stop and a few screens pop up with numbers matching to the rooms showing. The first one shows just a skeleton lying on the ground. The second shows a large red christmas present with a green bow on it. The third shows a room with a large marble tile with a skull surrounded by smaller matching tiles. Another shows a room full of water with a pool noodle in it. The last shows an oddly tiled floor with what appears to be a single metal skewer, lying on a pedastal.
(To GM): Also might check and see if there’s anything accessible from the console with the O5 code that’ll spit out any ID cards / badges for swiping’s sake.

Ambrose Betamax slowly gets up a few moments after the alarm goes away.
(From AJ B. (GM)): nope, nothing in there to do that.
Ceukeausraa Krem: I want a funoodle.

Melo sits back after a moment, and looks a bit proud of himself. “Well then. This place is a bit crazy.”
Ambrose Betamax: “…that’s…odd.”

Ambrose Betamax wonders if we should look at your reflections in that room.

Ceukeausraa Krem wonders if she should try and break the mirror upside Ambrose’s head.
(From AJ B. (GM)): knowing how this kind of place functions you do find it odd that there are no records on the system, no personnel files, no explanation for these items, that the consoles sole purpose seems to be control without any backup.
Melo: So, we’re lacking any personal records, but that could just mean that this system is seperate from any main system; could be one way reporting to a main hub or something. Good news is I’m not seeing any signs of Nuro-toxin, either.
Other good news is that I should be able to pull up just about any room we want to look at. Bad news is, I got nothing on just what everything is.
Ambrose Betamax: “so the pool noodle isnt a hallucination then.”
Melo: Nope. Looks real to me ’cording to this screen. Point
Ceukeausraa Krem: “Can you sweep for any sentient life?”

Melo tries, just in case. “Most of it seems to be cameras on the rooms. Don’t think we’ve got any in the halls.” Type type type poke touch type.
Ceukeausraa Krem: ((*Spends 19 episodes screaming. Is real super sand lesbian.))
AJ B. (GM): Nope, no cameras in the halls, though there seem to be various ones for other floors, it seems almost random how many rooms you can see on other floors. 5 floors up, there are three rooms with what Might be life forms. 1 appears to be a young woman, crying. Another appears to be a set of twin children dancing, and the last is what appear to be a grackletooth only about twice as big with bonelike protrusions at its elbows knees and forehead. It appears to be ramming its head into the door repeatedly.
Ambrose Betamax: “…I wonder if any of them need a refrigerator.”

Melo waves a hand vaugly. “Dun know about you, but I’d much rather not deal with any of those 3; guessing how long stuff has been down here, un touched, no idea how that stuff is still alive.” And then a blink. “…Really Ambrose? Really?”

Ambrose Betamax is nervous and is falling back on known stuff :P

Ceukeausraa Krem pulls out the mirror and hucks it in the room. Might as well return it to its home
AJ B. (GM): (gotta give the deer credit, once he adopts a cover he sticks to it)

Melo attempts to close the door after the mirror has been returned from whens it came.. Provided the door still works.
AJ B. (GM): It can still close, sorta, it doesn’t latch shut anymore but the lack of any wind means it should stay where its at.

Ambrose Betamax really wants to look into that mirror

Ceukeausraa Krem won’t stop him.

Melo peruses other floors for anything interesting. And he wouldn’t stop the deer, either.

Ambrose Betamax looks into da mirror.
Ambrose Betamax: (ambrose really hates unknown quantities)

Ceukeausraa Krem also isn’t helping him.
AJ B. (GM): (Well, there are twenty floors and they all seem about as random as this one. So could you give me more specific then interesting?)

Melo checks the next 4 directly above, and then the top floor.
(To GM): I presume no general map is in the system, correct?
AJ B. (GM): As soon as Ambrose enters the room and looks into the mirror he sees his own reflection, acting completely normally, no oddities about the mirror at all.
(From AJ B. (GM)): nope no map.

Ambrose Betamax sighs in relief and…..pockets the mirror, thinking it;ll go well with his grooming kit.
AJ B. (GM): The floor immediately above you appears to have 6 rooms with cameras, each with a wall of lockers in it. The next one up has 3 camera rooms, one contains a model plane, one contains a pen, and the last contains a desk with two chairs, one large leather and high backed, on the opposite side a comfortable but less imposing chiar.

Melo makes notes. “Alright. Lockers above us might be worth checking into; same with the pen and the office.” Even as he continues to scan the systems, “Vault, check out a few more halls and signs. Report points of interest.”
Ambrose Betamax: (yay no one noticed me keeping the mirror :P)
Ceukeausraa Krem: ((Since we closed the door, and you didn’t exactly sneak, we noticed. We just didn’t care.))
Ambrose Betamax: (ambrose thinks he was sneaky, shhhhhh :P)

Melo is too busy looking through the computer system, entering access codes where needed, and otherwise seeming to be your every day power user.
Melo: (…Sudo get me a sandwich)

Ambrose Betamax looks over Melo’s shoulder and looks on, making hmm and uh-huh sounds as if he knows what he’s looking at.

Melo makes room for the deer to see. He’d even try and point out some of the basics of what he’s doing, should curiosity be expressed.

Ambrose Betamax is very curious, and wants to know why the buttons change color when you push them.

Melo offers up, “Generally, indicates an on or off state. That one for example was for the alarm system.”

Ambrose Betamax thinks really hard about this.
Ambrose Betamax: “So this would make a lot more sense if I could read?”
Vault: 4 Observation rooms found commander. Various signs posted. 003 “Personnel are warned not to whistle while in the presence of 003”, 513, 513 is to be kept in water at all times, under no circumstances is anyone to be submerged while in contact with 513." A Lab marked “Unstable materials lab.” Door is locked and heavily sealed.
There is also a set of stairs both ascending and descending.

Melo attempts to pull up room 003 on the camera; guessing the poker. “Thank you Vault. C’mon back. We’ll likely take the stares here in a few.”
AJ B. (GM): 003 is the room with the metal skewer on a pedestal.
Ambrose Betamax: "I wonder what happens if oyu whistle?

Melo nods. Then closes down the windows. “It might, yeah.” In reply to Ambrose. “C’mon. Lets grab Krem and see if she wants to keep looking around or not.”

Melo makes a quick de-tour for sign reading.
Ambrose Betamax: “I wonder who the present is for.”

Melo blinks. “..Decending?” Blink. “And call it a hunch, but I think that’s the kind of present that eats you.”

Ambrose Betamax decides not to open the door for a potential predator.
Ambrose Betamax: (what about the room thats still blank? do we want to know what that is?)
Melo: (No cameras, optical scanner on the door)
AJ B. (GM): (That one is labeled observation rooms)
Ambrose Betamax: (oooh that sounds like the safest room so far then)
AJ B. (GM): (the one melo is in front of)
Ambrose Betamax: (Oh I meant top left corner of map)
AJ B. (GM): (the one Ambrose is in front of is that same room with the black electric tape on the sign)

Melo hums. “Hey Krem, gonna pop a door here.” A general call, and then he’d try the door, just in case.
AJ B. (GM): (oh thats the one with the Plaque that says O5 access only, unauthorized entry will result in Termination, Ambrose.) (your PS Melo?)
Melo: (16, but more meant ‘try the handle’ then force it)
AJ B. (GM): (door is locked)
Melo: (Key or lock-lock?)
AJ B. (GM): (key)
Ambrose Betamax: (if its key I can pick it)
Melo: Hey Ambrose, you wanna give this one a try for me? You can get into these things without breaking it, yeah?

Ambrose Betamax walks over and examines the lock.
AJ B. (GM): (roll me a d100 against your lockpick skill if you’re gonna try for this.)
Ambrose Betamax: (sure. and if I need to use it I have ectoplasm as well)
rolling 1d100
(
28
)
= 28
AJ B. (GM): Easily the deer manages to unlock the door.
Inside you find a door to your right and to your left.
Ambrose Betamax: (I dont think I did the percents right on that part of the sheet, bu it still passed anyways)

Melo slips in and checks the one away from the Christmas present. (I’m bad with left and right. The bottom one).
Ambrose Betamax: *checks the side with the present.
AJ B. (GM): Inside are two skeletons in labcoats watching a set of screens viewing the present from different angles. Same thing on the opposite side just screens showing a skeleton lying on the floor.

Ambrose Betamax checks the skeletons for anything that might be useful.
AJ B. (GM): They each have id badges on them.

Melo checks the coats for scan cards, IDs, or generally speaking, much of anything of value. They’re long since dead. Granted, he DOES have to wonder why they’re dead, still watching the screens.
Ambrose Betamax: (does the room have windows to the rooms they observe? or is it just the screens?)
AJ B. (GM): just the screens
Ambrose Betamax: “couldnt they have observed this the same way from that computer thing you were playing with?”

Melo snags himself some badges, and checks for names, scan cards, and also checks for keys, because everyone needs keys to get into a locked room, no? “Very likely, but I didn’t find all these angles from the consoles.”
AJ B. (GM): (aside from the ids nothing of use)
Ambrose Betamax: “…I’m gonna take one of their coats…the material feels nice.”

Melo heads on out, passing a badge to Krem. “Well, if we want, we can head out. Think there might be some stuff worth checking out up a few levels, and there’s some stairs that go down further then the elevator.”

Ceukeausraa Krem is still way down the hall. She is NOT exploring this hellhole any further.
AJ B. (GM): (map, he has moved back to you)
Ceukeausraa Krem: ((Oh.))
“I’m not leaving this spot for anything other than to leave.”
AJ B. (GM): (Interesting, worth checking, lethal, horribly dangerous, its all the same thing right?)
Melo: (Yep! I’m really curious now.)
Ceukeausraa Krem: ((Not really.Everyone here is dead. There’s probably a reason for that. We only entered to find out if there was anyone here. There’s not. I’ll pass on dying.))
((Let the robot scout ahead.))

Ambrose Betamax joins everyone wearing his musty new labcoat.
“Kat” Vale: (((So sorry)
Ambrose Betamax: (Hi kat!)
Melo: (No problems! We’ve been exploring!)
Ceukeausraa Krem: ((Who’s we? :P))
Melo: Alright. Yeah, everyone may be dead, but this place has gone untouched for a good, long while. I don’t know about you, but I don’t have the kind of credits to bribe our way into the city. Some of this stuff may cover our way in."
Ambrose Betamax: “or it might have another exit into the city.”
Ceukeausraa Krem: “Or it might have a rampant AI ready to release Halon into our lungs at any minute.”
Ambrose Betamax: “it seems strange that an entrance would be so secret if so many people would be going in and out. it must have been an emergency exit?”
Melo: Its likely black ops, at least.
(Torn between splitting the party and curiosity.)
Ambrose Betamax: (since ambrose hates unknowns, he votes curiosity.)
Melo: Well.. You’ve got your mask, yeah? I say we at least take a look at the office up two floors.
Ambrose Betamax: “what about that room on this floor?”
Ceukeausraa Krem: “It’s not a mask, it’s a respirator. And halon has a habit of making such things malfunction..”
Melo: The ‘termanation warning’ on the door and lack of the right retna to pass the scanner is a good enough reason not to check it.
Ambrose Betamax: “seems like the hardest room to get in will have all the information?”

Ambrose Betamax is still pretty crazy eyed at this point and thus may not be very persuasive
(From AJ B. (GM)): console control included overriding that retina scanner
(To GM): Oh. Well then!
Ceukeausraa Krem: “Tell you what, you open the door and clear the room, I’ll follow. The moment either of you die, I’m running.”
Melo: Deal. Ambrose, you go first.

Melo heads on up to a console to bypass the lock, because.

Ambrose Betamax goes ahead and does it. Hates mysteries, mysteries mean predators O.o

Ambrose Betamax charges in all crazy like.
AJ B. (GM): Inside the room is a set of filing cabinets and a woman going through them. (I will leave the description of the woman up to Kat)
Ambrose Betamax: “Waaaaaaaghfbhkasdjhfdkasfka!”
Ceukeausraa Krem: ((Now that they know our plan, they will plan around our plan. And so we will in turn plan around the plan that they are planning around our plan!" “…Your brilliance knows no bounds.”))

Ambrose Betamax probably just charged right into a filing cabinet.

Vault stands guard at the door to offer backup support.

Ambrose Betamax stares at the stranger with a wild expression.
Ambrose Betamax: (first impressions woo!)

Ceukeausraa Krem is staying behind whoever’s nearest the elevator. At this point, that’d be Melo
“Kat” Vale: ((Kat stands about 5’6" very pale skin eyes that are spiraled green. Hair short spikes hanging around her face the white of ashes. brass goggles with dark lenses hang from her neck next to a ring and a necklace.
Dressed in a heavy light brown leather duster cloak over a black tanktop and blue jeans held up with a black leather belt))

“Kat” Vale Stares at the newcomers ready to fight her hand flitting to the ring at her neck
Ambrose Betamax: “Who goes there!?” foaming at the mouth
(still wearing the musty labcoat)
“Kat” Vale: “Just back away and I won’t have to hurt you.” She doesn’t sound very confident in her belief
Ambrose Betamax: “I warn you I have a very fancy mirror and am liable to sell you a refrigerator at any moment”
“Kat” Vale: “Wait.” Blinking a couple times “What did you just say”

Melo makes his way in after the robot. “We’re the H-V-A-C guys.”

Ambrose Betamax wipes off his mouth.
Ceukeausraa Krem: ((It’s pronounced Ach Vack.))
“Kat” Vale: “What do you mean HVAC?”
Ambrose Betamax: “here’s my card it’s a magnet..”
Ceukeausraa Krem: “Air conditioning.”
Ambrose Betamax: “WE ALSO DO HEATING!” (Ambrose is still pretty freaked out.)
“Kat” Vale: “Alright then.” Turning back to the files

Melo nods. “So, what brings you down here? And how’d you get in?” With that, he’d turn to start checking through the filing cabnets casually, as if he belonged there. After all, he’s got a 7 foot tall walking death machine between him and the new comer.
Ambrose Betamax: (still in small underground space with no exit after all)
“Kat” Vale: “I am looking for information.” Glancing up at melo
AJ B. (GM): (Well the cabinets are each labeled, “Sentients” “Potential Weapons” “Devices” “Groups” “Personnel” “Uclassified”)
Ceukeausraa Krem: ((YOU! CLASSIFIED! C’mere!))
“Kat” Vale: Looking through the classified and Sentients

Ambrose Betamax sits in his corner and opens his book and looks at nice distracting pictures of cthullhu monsters to calm down.)
AJ B. (GM): (Unclassified, as tempting as it is to leave it at that.)

Melo glances, considers, and then goes to the sentients first. He’s gotta know just what they’re dealing with. “Find anything good?”
Ambrose Betamax: (maybe there’s a file on deers.)

“Kat” Vale Looks up again. “Nothing great yet I haven’t found who I am looking for.”
Melo: Oh? Who’d that be? Vault, check the weapons folder. Give me a quick review.

Ceukeausraa Krem maintains rear cover.

“Kat” Vale Flipping through some more folders “I am looking for informations on beings of Primal Darkness”
Melo: (…brb, down poor. must go stand in it)
AJ B. (GM): (Quick run down. A man who causes suicidal tendencies when he looks in your eye. A pair of twins who are immortal so long as they are touching. A woman who bursts into flames and then rises from her own ashes with no memory. A lizard creature that holds a deep seated hatred for all life. An office that makes “deals”, a telephone that asks questions and gives money. Finally, a small furry creature that exerts its own gravitational pull.)
Ambrose Betamax: (I want that phone.)

“Kat” Vale a small ferret works its way up my shoulder and out onto my sleeve
Ambrose Betamax: (any information about the mirror? or maybe out book?)
Melo: (Back, sorry. Rain is rare enough that I kinda need to do that now and again)
Ceukeausraa Krem: ((That’s what you get for living in a desert.))
((How…would I EVER. Die in a dessert?))
AJ B. (GM): (Weapons folder, a skewer that superheats and is controlled by whistling, a funnoodle that causes hallucinations of an infinite ocean, a rock that falls sideways, a gun that fires random projectiles, and present that seems to do a variety of things when opened)
Ambrose Betamax: (is this being said outloud by anyone?)

Melo perks, and takes note of the phone. And then moves on to check the devices folder. “Yeah? Any info you can give to help me find out if I know anything?” Yep, he’ll play dumb.

Ceukeausraa Krem looks over Melo’s shoulder and tries to steal the article on the funnoodle.

Melo passes it willingly.

Ceukeausraa Krem reads.
Ambrose Betamax: (waaagh I want to play with the stuff but cant read and has no idea what it is)

Ceukeausraa Krem doesn’t read. Right. Just stares at the picture.
AJ B. (GM): (Unclassified, a pen, a marble tile that spreads out, a model plane, a pinwheel, and a kazoo)
Ambrose Betamax: (OMG A KAZOO)

Melo reads up a bit more on the pen, if he can.. Well, all of them, really. Because information is good to have and file away.
Ambrose Betamax: (I hope we can loot these things ;o;)

Ceukeausraa Krem hands the article back to Melo, because one picture isn’t that interesting.
(To GM): I’ll pop a speed reading if you think that’d be appropriate for the situation.30 pages a minute fer 3 minutes.

Melo re-files the page where it belongs.
AJ B. (GM): (Devices, A tuba that causes objects to melt for 5 minutes, an easy bake oven that can make anything the user requests. An action figure that answers all questions with riddles, and a guilotine that creates a talking french mans head)
Ambrose Betamax: (so I’m assuming these are all supernatural rifty things)
(From AJ B. (GM)): nah, plenty of time unless you’re wanting to get the full info on the files, then yeah.
(From AJ B. (GM)): It will be a little while before I have them fully written up obviously
(To GM): That’s fine. I’ll pop the speed reading just in case.

Melo quietly blazes through files and folders, simply thumbing through them with an almost inhumanly focused intent. One cabinet, then another.
Ceukeausraa Krem: “Can we go, now?”

Vault more then likely spoke aloud what he found.
Ambrose Betamax: …“I want all of those things.”
“Vault, can I have the things?”
Ceukeausraa Krem: ((“I destroyed Vegeta.” “The planet, my father, or me?” “Yes.”))
Ambrose Betamax: “I knew that the present was for me! :D”

Melo eventually would move on through Personal and Unclassfied, and then maybe groups, reading anything of major interest. Because he’s a book worm.
Melo: Ambrose, that thing is gonna eat your brain.
Ceukeausraa Krem: “You found anything, or not?”
Ambrose Betamax: “but, but it does different things!? a nice deer lady could come out!”
“Kat” Vale: ((How does one look for ley lines))
Melo: Yeah. Few things worth grabbing. There’s a phone we’re going to want to bring with us. And yeah. Or it could eat your soul or trap you in a hamster ball."
(Is it glowing blue in the area? No? Then you’re not on a ley line)
Ambrose Betamax: “…can I have the cool skewer thing then?”
AJ B. (GM): (Personnel: just normal listings of D-class, lab assistants, doctors, and a couple of higher ups.)
Ceukeausraa Krem: ((Most magical classes tend to have the ability to sense the approximate distance and direction of ley lines and nexii.))
AJ B. (GM): (here’s the groups rundown,
Alexylva University (Active)
Are We Cool Yet (Unknown)
The Black Queen (Active)
The Chaos IUnsurgency (Destroyed)
The Church of the Broken God (Disbanded)
AJ B. (GM): Doctor Wondertainment (Unknown)
The Factory (Dormant)
The Fifth Church (Destroyed)
The GOC (Disbanded)
GRU Division “P” (Disbanded)
Herman Fuller’s Circus of the Disquieting (Active)
AJ B. (GM): Manna Charitable Foundation (Destroyed)
Marshall, Carter, and Dark Ltd. (Inactive)
Nobody (Unknown)
ORIA (Destroyed)
Prometheus Labs Inc. (Active: See Document PL-12)
Serpent’s Hand (Unknown)
AJ B. (GM): UIU (Destroyed)
The Foundation (Active))

Melo laughs a bit at one of the titles before again racing through the groups, just in case.

Ambrose Betamax wanders in the general direction of the present door, cause….something cool might happen!

Melo too distracted by reading things because its so rare he gets to read anymore.

Ambrose Betamax tries to open the present door.
Ceukeausraa Krem: ((It’s going to rape you until you’re Rudolph.))
Ambrose Betamax: (hey cmon, its a mystery, ambrose trapped in a scary underground place cant no tknow stuff without freaking out :P)
(so clearly he has to fiddle with all the things :O)
AJ B. (GM): (door is locked, keycard lock)
Ambrose Betamax: (I assume I cant force it open and the Id’s we took from the observers arent also cards?0
Ceukeausraa Krem: ((Stick it in the slot and find out.))
AJ B. (GM): (what she said)

Ambrose Betamax puts it in.
Ceukeausraa Krem: ((That IS what she said. cough))

Ambrose Betamax for some unknown reason is aroused.
AJ B. (GM): The card slides easily and you hear a kthunk as the door unlocks.
“Kat” Vale: “Damn it this place has no information.”

“Kat” Vale swipes up some folders on the different groups ready to leave.

Ambrose Betamax goes in and looks at the present every which way, getting progressively more excited.

Ambrose Betamax opens it

Melo glances through the last set of folders for unclassified. Then blinks. “..Where’s Ambrose?”
AJ B. (GM): (need a d20 roll from you Ambrose)
Ambrose Betamax: rolling 1d20
(
4
)
= 4
“Kat” Vale: ((Church of broken god, Fifth church, The chaos IUnsurgency))

Ambrose Betamax is hoping for either a nice lady deer or a pogo stick
AJ B. (GM): The present pops open and a mewl;ing kitten runs up to you and bats at your leg.

Ambrose Betamax omg a KITTEn

Ambrose Betamax hugs it

Ceukeausraa Krem points to the other hall. “Ambrose is over there.”

Ambrose Betamax is totally keeping his new kitten
Ceukeausraa Krem: ((The present should have had Steak au Poivre.))
Melo: Oh god. Vault, go make sure he’s ok. I.. don’t want to go near that present.
Vault: Acknowledged, Commander.

Ambrose Betamax closes and reopens the present over and over real fast
Kat Vale: “Out of Curiousity what is your exit strategy?”
AJ B. (GM): (It seems to be held to the floor and can’t be rewrapped Ambrose)
Ambrose Betamax: (oh.)

Melo glances at Kat. “Not sure. You got one?”

Ambrose Betamax decides to name his kitten shrodinger and carries it with him.

Kat Vale Looking back
Kat Vale:
“I have A way out. I don’t know THE way out.”

Ceukeausraa Krem pokes Melo. “Aren’t we just going to take the same way we came in?”
AJ B. (GM): (so Vault just stops at the door to the present room then?)
Ambrose Betamax: “guys! guys! look what I got!”
Melo: (Provided Ambrose is not in any clear and present danger, yep)
AJ B. (GM): (Is a kitten and an open present clear and present danger in here?)
Ambrose Betamax: (this kitten is now ambroses animal companion, moral support, and fear defuser.)

Kat Vale Yawns a bit this is repeated by her shoulder ferret
Melo: (In this case, I would clearly say nope)
Ambrose Betamax: (this kitten is now my familiar :P)
Vault: He seems to have located a kitten, Commander.
Ambrose Betamax: (my loyal kitten steed)

Ceukeausraa Krem
AJ B. (GM): As soon as Ambrose exits the room you hear the sound of wrapping paper being folded as the box rewraps itself.
Kat Vale: (Ferrets make best familiars)

Ambrose Betamax turns around very fast.

Ambrose Betamax looks back into the room. "perhaps….maybe…there are even more kittens in there :O
Ceukeausraa Krem: ((Except Hyenas. Hyenas named Heckel and Jeckel. Go Team Joker.))

Melo also responds to Kat. “A way out? And what’ll that be?”
Kat Vale: “Depends on where you want to go”

Ambrose Betamax heads back over to the present.
Ambrose Betamax: “hmm…First I got a kitten!”

Ambrose Betamax loves his kitten and wonders what other wonders this nice box contains
Ambrose Betamax: (ambrose is probably going to keep doing this until someone makes him stop)

Kat Vale attempts to stop ambrose so she can have a turn
Melo: (Yep. And that’s going to be very shortly.)
Vault, get him out of there.

Ambrose Betamax opens the box again really fast!
Ambrose Betamax: (nuuuuuuu)
(It could contain anything! even a boat!)
Melo: (Why not just take the boat?)
AJ B. (GM): (ok, what are the respective speeds of Ambrose and Vault if he is going to try and stop him from opening it)
Ceukeausraa Krem: “Guys. Come on. Let’s go. Why are we still here?”
Ambrose Betamax: (my speed is 66)
Ceukeausraa Krem: ((Also Kat. Kat was going to stop Ambrose as well.))
Kat Vale: (Kats speed is 16
Melo: (Vault is at 110 speed. The delayed reaction of Melo likely would mean there’d be one more opened present before the robot would stop him)
AJ B. (GM): (Ambrose, roll a d20 at 4)
Ambrose Betamax: rolling 1d20 + 4
(
5
)
4
= 9
AJ B. (GM): As you open the present you see three grenades sitting in the space where it was.
Ceukeausraa Krem: ((I CAN SEE THE FUTUUUUUUUURE! GOHAN’S THE STRONGEST PERSON IN THE UNIVERSE AND HE DOESN’T DO SHIT!))
Ambrose Betamax: (are the grenades primed/ active?)
AJ B. (GM): (they are lacking their pins if thats what you mean)

Ambrose Betamax runs at full speed with his kitten companion.

Vault would collect the deer and be dragging him out of the room in short order; there is now a clear and very present danger.

Kat Vale opens a communication rift under the grenades
Vault: Evacuate the area. Primed Grenades.

Kat Vale attempting to reach Devlin Stone a hermit in Australia
Ambrose Betamax: “eeeeeeeck comeon schodinger!”
(are you about to explode a hermit?)
Kat Vale: (To survive yes)
rolling 1d4
(
4
)
= 4
rolling 1d100
(
42
)
= 42
Ambrose Betamax: (LOL)
(you could just run away?)
(if you get out of the room it will rewrap itseelf)
(btw what kind of cat is this kitten :P)\
(oh wait does ambrose know what grenades are?)
Melo: (I would presume he recognizes basic explosives; he hangs out with Melo after all.)
Ambrose Betamax: (ok)
(I’m serious, I need to find out how ti make this cat my familiar :P)
AJ B. (GM): The rift opens just fine and the grenades fall through it. As soon as they are gone the present rewraps itself.
Ceukeausraa Krem: ((Taking a magic class and bestowing sentience?)
)
Ambrose Betamax: (oh god poor victim)
(my character IS a major psychic)
Ceukeausraa Krem: ((Psionics aren’t magic.))
Ambrose Betamax: (well yeah but it could be uh…a psychich familiar :P)

Melo blinks at the lack of exploding. “Vault, you said explosives. Where’s the boom? Anyone left in the room?”
Ceukeausraa Krem: ((No it couldn’t.))
((“There’s supposed to be an earth-shattering kaboom!”))
Ambrose Betamax: (I dunno, he looks kinda familiar to me already. didnt I see him in the present room just a moment ago? :P)
Kat Vale: rolling 1d20+6
(
3
)+6
= 9
Ambrose Betamax: (fine, animal companion then, I’m a vagabond anyways so it makes sense on the ranger side sorta :P)
(Plus it might distract me on the search for a cassowary companion if the cat grows up to be big enough to be rideable :P)

Kat Vale opens the present
Ceukeausraa Krem: ((The very definition of vagabond is similar to that of a hobo…Quick, someone get Ambrose a shotgun!))
Kat Vale: rolling 1d20
(
5
)
= 5
Ambrose Betamax: (lol)
AJ B. (GM): (roll me a d20 please Kat)
It opens and out wafts the scent of strawberry rhubarb pie that is sitting in the center of the open present.

Melo heads on over to the control room. “Vault, if nothing is exploding in there, clear that room.”
Ambrose Betamax: (if the present is that big it must be a big cat :P)

Ceukeausraa Krem is a bit curious by this point and peaks in. “What’s going on?”

Kat Vale growling stomach proceed to eat off of my knife
AJ B. (GM): (kitten, and nope about the size of your average kitten)
Ambrose Betamax: (oki :P)
(I’m still gonna keep her and name her shrodinger and hug her and cuddle and etc)
AJ B. (GM): (Present is that big because some of the things are, the cat wasn’t one of them)
The pie is delicious and seems to be harmless.

Ambrose Betamax wants to bring the present with them.

Kat Vale looking at the person whom entered the room
Kat Vale:
“Hello”
Ambrose Betamax: “this thing…is…awesome”
Ceukeausraa Krem: ((It’s not a Deck of Many Things. It just tried to blow you up.))

Vault politely attempts to walk past Krem with a “Pardon me, Ma’am.” And then to Kat. “Miss, The Commander is requesting that the room be cleared. Would you please comply?”
Ambrose Betamax: (It is clearly a shridinger present)

Vault is that aforementioned seven foot tall walking death machine.
Kat Vale: “May I ask why I would need to do that nothing here is going to explode?”
Ambrose Betamax: A plus if something goes wrong apparently we can just make it go to that poor hermit guy
Ceukeausraa Krem: ((You forgot the radioactive isotope. And the collapsing waveform of opening said box.))
Ambrose Betamax: (while this is going on I’m gonna explore more and try to find the whistly skewer thing.)
AJ B. (GM): (hmm well you still can’t read so the signs aren’t gonna be much help. Just gonna open doors?)
Ambrose Betamax: (pretty much yeah)
(I’ll just make off with anything cool I find while I do)
(keeping the cat with me as well :3)
Vault: I have been requested to clear this room. If you would like more information as to why, you may wish to speak with the Commander.
Ambrose Betamax: (so long as ambrose has his new friend he feels much better.)

Ambrose Betamax is a little hoppy and excited now that his first explored room netted him his new friend!

Kat Vale “Then please bring your commander to me.”
Ambrose Betamax: (this is the best underground evil lair ever!)
AJ B. (GM): (ok things are marked just move token as you wish to whatever doors/rooms you’re planning to explore.)
Ambrose Betamax: (oki)
AJ B. (GM): (Door opens fine with ID card and you are able to enter. Inside is a room with those tiles exactly as shown making up the floor.)

Vault gave a curt response, “Request: Declined.” And then phyiscal attempts to clear the room would follow, with hopefully no blood shed. After all, he’s a robot, and Kat is innocent at the moment.

Ambrose Betamax decides an emptry room with tiles is boring and moves on to the next room.
AJ B. (GM): (Just an empty observation room with a window looking over the tiled floor)
Ambrose Betamax: (skippy hopping around)
(keeps running around) :P
AJ B. (GM): (this one has a normal key lock and is locked)
Ambrose Betamax: (can I pick it?)
AJ B. (GM): (you can certainly try, roll it)
Ambrose Betamax: rolling 1d20
(
15
)
= 15
(oh d100 right?)
Vault: (Yep)
AJ B. (GM): (yep, d100)
Ambrose Betamax: rolling 1d100
(
50
)
= 50
(I have 5 levels in pick locks?)
Melo: (34%)
Ambrose Betamax: (do I just keep picking until it opens?)
Ceukeausraa Krem: ((You’re not even level 5. How would you have 5 levels? o.O))
AJ B. (GM): (looks like 69% on your sheet)
(I think he is confusing something, I just cant figure out what)
Ambrose Betamax: (er.)
(well on my pdf it says 35 percent in in the “plus-ercent/level” area it says 5)
AJ B. (GM): (it goes up by 5% per level you have)
(so at level 2 its got 10, 3 is +15 etc)
Ambrose Betamax: (oh)
AJ B. (GM): (Thats just there as basically a reminder to make leveling easier etc)
Ceukeausraa Krem: ((So 34
10=44))
Ambrose Betamax: (ah)
Melo: (30% base, +5% per level, not sure what bonus he gets for class)
Kat Vale: “Leave me alone I don’t want to destroy you!”

Kat Vale She yells loud enough to reverb through the building
Ambrose Betamax: (looks like that puts me at 58 percent)
Ceukeausraa Krem: ((…How is that 58%? I’m confused))
Ambrose Betamax: (5 levels added to the base?)
Ceukeausraa Krem: ((You’re still not level 5. And also, it’s not exp levels, it’s class levels. Which you only have 1 level of.))
Ambrose Betamax: (oh.)
(I guess 39 then?)

Vault would continue to attempt to drag the woman from the room bodily as need be, as he was ordered. (Robotic PS of 28, not sure if there needs to be some kind of grapple roll or whatnot)
AJ B. (GM): (well you were unable to pick it, but you can try again if you wish)
Ambrose Betamax: (careful vault she could teleport you to guam.)
AJ B. (GM): (it will be if she refuses, then yeah its going to come down to rolls)
Ambrose Betamax: (and yeah I’ll keep trying till it opens I guess)
Kat Vale: (She has straight up refused)
AJ B. (GM): (or until you break it, roll)
Ambrose Betamax: rolling 1d100
(
10
)
= 10
AJ B. (GM): You get it open with ease that time. Inside is an observation room looking down over a lab identical to the ones you’ve been in aside from being somewhat charred and melted in spots.)
Ambrose Betamax: (ok! continuing to explore while the action is going on over there.)

Melo in the mean time, would be working on more or less changing the locks as it were, if he could software wise.. Mostly focused on the present room.

Ceukeausraa Krem wanders into the room Gary left off in. “Hey doofus. Your robot’s doing something to that lady we met.”
Melo: Yeah. Told him to clear that room. I’m locking it and keeping it locked. Anything that deposits live explosives is not something I want that deer near."
Ambrose Betamax: (but kitten!)
Ceukeausraa Krem: “He’s already wandered off to do something else.”
Ambrose Betamax: (in the meantime the deer is opening like all the doors)
Melo: Doesn’t mean he won’t come back to it.
AJ B. (GM): (ok before I continue with that. Vault, Kat, need rolls from each of you. Vault just a normal to strike, Kat a dodge roll if you plan to avoid being grabbed)
Kat Vale: rolling 1d20
(
16
)
= 16
Ambrose Betamax: (oooh pvp combat O.o)
Vault: rolling 1d20+4
(
7
)+4
= 11
Kat Vale: ((And this is the point where I fight back))
Ceukeausraa Krem: “Meanwhile, he’s wandering around this place completely unsupervised. Priorities?”
AJ B. (GM): Kat nimbly avoids the robots attempt to grab her. (if we are getting into a full fight I need init rolls from each of you)

Ambrose Betamax cuddles his kitten as he wonders, oblivious to the fact that he’s alone
Melo: “You want to go after him and make sure he doesn’t get himself killed?” Yep, casual conversation even as the robot attempts to do as he is told.
AJ B. (GM): (Ambrose inside this room is a pedestal with a metal skewer sitting on it)
Vault: rolling 1d20
(
11
)
= 11
Ambrose Betamax: (ooh!)

Ambrose Betamax goes in and grabs the skewer, remember ing to not whistle)
Ceukeausraa Krem: “Why would I care? It was your idea to stay in this place to begin with.”
“I’ll happily leave all of you for safety right now.”
Kat Vale: rolling 1d20
(
11
)
= 11
AJ B. (GM): (because the australian wilds seem so much safer lol)

Ambrose Betamax , armed with his new skewer, keeps exploring.
Ceukeausraa Krem: ((Wilds? Fuck that, I’m headed to Perth. Or Melbourne. Or whatever the fuck.))
AJ B. (GM): (or just taking your bike and flying like all hell away?)

Melo hopefully will be changing locks quick enough to prevent the deer’s untimely demise.
Ceukeausraa Krem: ((So I can die in a nuclear fireball over the Pacific? Nothx.))
Kat Vale: Same time
AJ B. (GM): (alright, looks like init is tied, we can either reroll or all actions will be simultaneous)
Vault: (Kat, your call on reroll vs same time)
Kat Vale: 4
Vault: (Same time it is!)
AJ B. (GM): (alright, how many actions has each of you got just so I can keep track?)
Vault: (5)

Kat Vale Yells “TOUCHRAM!!” Holding her hand out towards the robot casting energy bolt
AJ B. (GM): (Ambrose, that leads into an observation room, a window leading to a room full of water is to your left and a door to your right a bit
(alright, 1st action, Kat and Vault if you please)
Ambrose Betamax: (I’ll take the door to the right, I’m wary of pool noodles)
Kat Vale: (Dodge dc 18)

Vault once more would be intent only on removing the woman from the room. At least, until she shows herself as hostile. “Commander, I am currently under attack.” Would be over the radio. And that movement dodge would perhaps bring him out of sight and out of the room.
Kat Vale: (I am aware)
Vault: rolling 1d20+4
(
18
)+4
= 22
AJ B. (GM): (fair warning it eats two of your actions to cast that)
Ambrose Betamax: (I’m just happy I have a kitten and a magic skewer cattle prod)
Melo: (That sets things on fire!)
AJ B. (GM): (kk, just making sure. the dodge would not quite take you out of the room but can use your own action to do so)
(Ambrose, this door doesn’t respond to the card)
Ambrose Betamax: (ah…can I force the door?)
AJ B. (GM): (you can try, d20 roll, and what is your PS)
Ambrose Betamax: (my ps is 20)
rolling 1d20
(
15
)
= 15

Vault had been instructed to simply clear the room, but now the room contains hostile forces. Self preservation was the next order of business.. And maybe a ‘get out of there then’ over his coms.
AJ B. (GM): (you try and force the door but it seems to be tougher then the others have been)
Ambrose Betamax: (ooh.)
(To GM): your call: Melo closes the door after the robot is free of the room, IF there is a door control from there
Ambrose Betamax: (Do I have anything I can wrap around the skewer so I can hold it while hot?)
AJ B. (GM): (you have the labcoat you jacked)
Ambrose Betamax: (it wont burst into flame?)
Ceukeausraa Krem: ((How would you know that anyway? You can’t read.) )
Ambrose Betamax: (robot talked outloud)
(From AJ B. (GM)): Only locks are under your control, door is not electronically controlled
Kat Vale: “Never attempt to force me to do anything. I asked you to bring me your commander if you wanted me out of this room.”

Vault would attempt to close the door at this point after a fraction of a second of hesitation, actions and timing permitted. Self preservation protocols.
AJ B. (GM): (well as the spell ate two actions and vault has only taken one yes he would be able to close the door)
Vault: (I believe it would be Kat’s action then)

Kat Vale Stands in the room waiting for the commander to be brought to her
Ambrose Betamax: (I’ll wait till this combat is resolved before continuing my exploration. this is a good time for me to make some food anyways)
AJ B. (GM): (yep, Kat, currently door is shut and robot is on the other side)

Vault guards the door for a moment or two, pending the door being blown apart, “Threat is sealed in the room, Commander. Door has been closed.” And.. That actually might be the end of combat.
(To “Kat” Vale): I’m laughing so hard right now. Thank you for the genuine and well done play. I feel bad about trapping her in the room, though.
(From Kat Vale): YOu haven’t trapped me anywhere I am a shifter physical walls don’t stop me
Melo: “Acknowledged Vault. Go check on Ambrose, make sure he doesn’t kill himself.” And with that, he’d turn his attention to checking the cameras in a quick search for that telephone he read about.
Ceukeausraa Krem: "There’s bound to be a better way into the city, you know. For instance, we could just offer to do some stupid odd job to pay our way.
"
AJ B. (GM): (Its on the “54th” floor. Im just going to label them 50 to 70 for convenience sake.)

Kat Vale begins meditation
AJ B. (GM): (50 being top 70 being where you are)

Ambrose Betamax has at this point wrapped the lab coat around one end of the skewer for a makeshift handle.

Ambrose Betamax sticks the skewer into where he thinks the door latch is and whistles.
Melo: True enough. One thing on the 54th I want though, and—
AJ B. (GM): (Ambrose, Long or short whistle and single or multiple?)
Ambrose Betamax: (hmm, I’ma whistle the tune for “shave and a haircut”)
Melo: (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgPiIpboxt0)
Ambrose Betamax: so multiple whistles with a pause before the last two
AJ B. (GM): (Alright, the skewer begins to glow white hot, slips out of your hand and begins floating in front of you, stabbing at you in time to the tune, 4 dodge rolls please)
Ambrose Betamax: (oh god)
4 d20’s?)
Ceukeausraa Krem: ((Combat is d20. Skills are d%.))
Melo: (Yep, 4d20’s Plus… checking)
Ceukeausraa Krem: ((As a general rule.))
Melo: (Plus 2)
Ceukeausraa Krem: ((Just like D% are low good, D20s are low bad. As a general rule.))
Ambrose Betamax: rolling 4d20
(
6
+
20
+
13
+
12
)
= 51
(I guess plus 2 to each one.)
Melo: (8, 22, 15, 14)
Ambrose Betamax: (Apparently I have to train this skewer to do what its told)
AJ B. (GM): (You manage to get only grazed for four MD, along your side, Im guessing that doesnt go through your armo)
(You manage to get only grazed for four MD, along your side, Im guessing that doesnt go through your armor)
Ambrose Betamax: (ueah I’m fine)
Ceukeausraa Krem: ((It does do 4 MD to the armor, however. :P))
Ambrose Betamax: (ok so clearly multiple whistles are not the way to use it. I’ll ask melo if the file said anything about it. in the meantime I’ll just pick up the skewer by the labcoat end and hang on to it.)
AJ B. (GM): (Well, unless you took a radio, think you’re just going to have to ask Vault since he is the only one near you)
Ceukeausraa Krem: ((Leaving it at 51, as I recall.))
AJ B. (GM): (that or run back and ask)
Ambrose Betamax: “vault, did the files say how to use this thingie?”
Ceukeausraa Krem: “And what?”
Ambrose Betamax: (and is it still hot enough to stick in the door?)
Vault: “Whistle controlled skewer, begins superheating upon first whistle, Identifies instructions based on frequency and targets nearest living creatures directly in front of user. If none is found will target the user itself.”
Ambrose Betamax: (ah.)
(oh my god I love this thing.)
Ceukeausraa Krem: ((Send vault into an area saturated with unarmoured individuals and just whistle.))
Ambrose Betamax: " ah so in that case, I’ll put this on the latch and whistle once. OK!"
Melo: There’s also a gun that’s worth grabbing." Type type poke touch beep type.

Ambrose Betamax does what he just said
Ambrose Betamax: (I’m just glad my kitten didnt get stabbed.)
Vault: Do be careful Ambrose. It looks like you’ve already used the device improperly once.

Ambrose Betamax scoffs. "But now I have instructions right? if I whistle once it wont attack me, itll just get hot!
AJ B. (GM): (so going for a single short or long drawn out whistle?)
Ambrose Betamax: (a single short whistle, unless vault specified that the length of the whistles are important.)
AJ B. (GM): (he did not, a single short whistle does cause it to superheat for about 3 seconds melting through the doors latch easily)
Ambrose Betamax: (yay!)
“clearly this is a great new form of lockpick! that must be used very very carefully!”
Ceukeausraa Krem: ((Anyone else getting flashbacks to the Mage origin story from Dragon Age Origins?))
((https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPFc2FvXcmU))
Ambrose Betamax: (and thanks to ventriliquism I could totally invisiblly hang out near someone, whislte from somewhere else and then stab them in the butt.)
(From AJ B. (GM)): that door has a full override that can slam down a steel plate if breached
(From AJ B. (GM)): and would pop up a note about its lock being damaged

Melo casually hits a button. “Vault, whatever he just did, get him out of there please. Try not to harm him.”
(To GM): Do I know what’s in that room, by chance?
Ambrose Betamax: (we dunno what the room is yet!)
Vault: Ambrose, the Commander is requesting your presence.
Ambrose Betamax: “can we look at just this last room pleeeeeeeeeze?”
(From AJ B. (GM)): nope it didnt have cams, and the files dont mention where rooms are etc
Ceukeausraa Krem: ((Ventriloquism doesn’t change the way sound waves occur. You’d still have to be nearby-ish.))
Ambrose Betamax: “I bet it has something robots would really like :O”
AJ B. (GM): You hear a loud BANG as a steel plate slams down, and you open the door seeing only that plate preventing you from getting into the room.
Ambrose Betamax: (No I mean the skewer would be on me, but I could distract a guy into looking away and poke him with the same whistle!)
Ceukeausraa Krem: “This place’s owner is still alive. And still aware of this area’s existence, presumably. We should leave.”

Ambrose Betamax cringes at the steel plate noise.
Vault: The Commander has requested that I ensure your well being Ambrose. Considering the device you have in your hand, and what else we have discovered down here, I would advise not.

Kat Vale wakes from meditation and attempts to leave the room

Ambrose Betamax looks sullen. “fiiiiiine…But I’m keeping the skewer….and the kitten. I peed on them, they’re mine now.”
Ceukeausraa Krem: ((I’m going to pee on you. Then you’re mine.))
AJ B. (GM): (you know you might have a hard time keeping that kitten if you did that)
Ambrose Betamax: (Ambrose is just saying that, he didnt really :P)
(From AJ B. (GM)): did you lock that door or just shut it?
(To GM): Woulda locked it once Vault said it was closed.
Melo: You’re likely right. Still, lets hit up a place on 66, 54 and blow this joint. If you want to go on ahead with Ambrose, I can catch up.
AJ B. (GM): Kat you find the door has been locked with you inside.
Kat Vale: I attempt to open the present praying for a key
rolling 1d20+4
(
4
)+4
= 8

Melo , jerk.
AJ B. (GM): (roll d20+4)

Ambrose Betamax will in the meantime follow vault around and ask him to think up ways to make using the skewer safer and easier. Cause its really cool.

Kat Vale proceeds to open the box
AJ B. (GM): As you open the present, you find a second smaller box inside, with a tag saying “Open on Arbor Day”
Ceukeausraa Krem: ((Russian nesting boxes.))
Kat Vale: thats 2md to me
AJ B. (GM): The box bursts into flames as you open it.
Ambrose Betamax: (IT WAS NOT ARBOR DAY)
AJ B. (GM): (2 MD to your armor)
Melo: (Oh god I hope you have inate MD)
Kat Vale: (No but I have Dstep if i need it)
Ambrose Betamax: (oh dear)
AJ B. (GM): (well if you’re lacking MD armor at the moment you need to do something to avoid being turned into a pink mist.)
(1MD is 100 SDC/Hp, I’m doubting you’d survive that)
Kat Vale: (Energy Feild turns out it is a 60MD armor)
(I am fine)
Melo: (Oh god I hope I didn’t kill you as a way of saying hello)
Kat Vale: (Yes It protects up to 8 feet currently it is just my body and my pet)
Melo: (That also protects your ferret, correct?)
AJ B. (GM): (alright, good you’re alright then)
(present is unwrapped and seems to be stuck to the floor now though and can’t be rewrapped, the smaller one is just a pile of ashes)

Kat Vale shoulder rams the door hoping to break through
Kat Vale: rolling 1d20
(
17
)
= 17
PS is 17
AJ B. (GM): (your PS, and a d20 roll please)
You bash into the door and it jars your shoulder but stays in place.

Kat Vale looks at her ferret “I am sorry but I need some of your power.” The ferret nods.

Kat Vale uses the PPE she can take from her familiar to power electric arc before throwing to bolts of lightning at the door
Ambrose Betamax: (my kitten will share its power with mme one day)

Melo would likely request Ambrose head back up to the car with Krem and prep the bike; He’ll be a few minutes after them, speed of the elevator depending.
AJ B. (GM): (how much damage does that do?)
Kat Vale: rolling 2d6
(
3
+
3
)
= 6
rolling 2d6
(
6
+
4
)
= 10
Melo: (2d6 MD x2 if she has 4 actions in a melee round)
AJ B. (GM): (you’re going to run, 16 floors in “a few minutes”)
Door is blown completely off its hinges and slams against the wall opposite it.

Kat Vale “Damn doors they never do what they are supposed to”

Melo didn’t give a time frame. As it stands, the two of them have a 70 floor elevator ride ahead of them!
AJ B. (GM): A loud clang can be heard echoing through the hallways
Ceukeausraa Krem: ((No. I’m riding my skycycle up.))

Kat Vale Kitten stumbles out of the whole opposite the smoking door

Ceukeausraa Krem is gonna go check on that door.

Ceukeausraa Krem means noise.
Ambrose Betamax: (I guess ambrose is gonna be unresponsive in the elevator again.)
AJ B. (GM): (even his kitten can’t help him through that huh?)

Kat Vale glancing at Krem “Hello again” before collapsing on the ground unconcious
Ambrose Betamax: (can my kitten give me a plus to a horrer factor roll?)
(moral support!)

Melo cringes. “Yeah. Lets go. Ambrose.. You’re gonna come with me.” Yep, he wasn’t gonna let that deer get NEAR that present.
Ceukeausraa Krem: ((There is no actual HF to the elevator. You invented that.))
Ambrose Betamax: (In character maaaaan)
Ceukeausraa Krem: ((The deer is still on the other side according to the map.))
Ambrose Betamax: (sry)
Melo: (Deer gets elevator then! Yay! I hope to god he can figure out how to use it)
Ceukeausraa Krem: ((Still pretty far from Melo’s hearing range.))
Melo: (Wasn’t sure if you were past the door or stil; ‘with me’ as it were)
AJ B. (GM): (and yes the kitten can give you a plus two to your roll against the elevator)
Ambrose Betamax: (YAY!)
rolling 1d20 + 1
(
2
)+1
= 3
Melo: (HA!)
Ambrose Betamax: (damn.)
AJ B. (GM): (technically 4)
Melo: (Sad thing is, that’s 100% improvement from last time!)
(He’s at -1 base HF based on last roll?)
AJ B. (GM): (oh yeah forgot about that)
(well the deer doesn’t pass out this time, but is definitely not getting in that elevator of its own free will.)
Ambrose Betamax: (you may have to mace me again)

Ceukeausraa Krem is still kinda busy with the exploded door thing here. She first checks inside the room to see what caused that explosion.

Kat Vale glancing at Krem “Hello again” before collapsing on the ground unconcious (Repeat post incase it was missed)

Melo heads on up the stairs, robot in tow.
Melo: (That’ll likely take Vault and Melo out of play for a while)
Ambrose Betamax: (lol I’m sure I’m out of play at this point :P)
Ceukeausraa Krem: ((Did miss that, yes. Thank you))
AJ B. (GM): (Alright so Melo and Vault are busy going up some stairs, Ambrose is facing down the terror of El E. Vader, and Krem is in the present room with a collapsed Kat next to her.)
Ceukeausraa Krem: rolling 1d20>14
(
13
)
= 0 Successes
((FUCK YOU, DIE. FUCK YOU!((
))*
Ambrose Betamax: (lol)
Kat Vale: ((Meow))

Ceukeausraa Krem supposes that since Kat can’t resist at this point, she’d pick her up and try to ignore the psionic compulsion to resist opening the present. Because psionic compulsions are bad.
Ceukeausraa Krem: ((PS 24 Augmented. Still.))
AJ B. (GM): (you’re easily able to pick up cat, however need a save vs psychic as you try and step out the door, at a +2)
Ceukeausraa Krem: rolling 1d20
(
5
)
= 5
((That’s NOT greater than 12.))
AJ B. (GM): (you’re easily able to pick up Kat, however need a save vs psychic as you try and step out the door, at a +2)

Ceukeausraa Krem just lost connection. To the internet. It was annoying.
AJ B. (GM): You find yourself unable to leave the room, no matter what you tell your body you can’t seem to convince yourself to set foot outside of here.

Ceukeausraa Krem supposes she’s trapped as well. She can still get Kat out of the room though, yes?
AJ B. (GM): Yes you can still get Kat out of the room.

Ceukeausraa Krem does that, then, at least.

Ceukeausraa Krem wonders if it’s triggered by the door, and would attempt to punch a hole in the wall
Ambrose Betamax: (I have to draw magical heat skewer porn now)
Ceukeausraa Krem: ((Right there. Hulk smash.))
AJ B. (GM): (power punch then?)
Ceukeausraa Krem: ((Yup. 2 actions.))
((More than that, considering I need it to be escape-tunnel sized. Probably 8 actions total.))
AJ B. (GM): After a little while you have punched a large hole in the wall big enough to climb through. (Another save vs psi please if you are going to try and leave through it.)
Ceukeausraa Krem: rolling 1d20>14
(
8
)
= 0 Successes
AJ B. (GM): Once more you find yourself unable to leave the room and are finding one of your arms is beyond your control and constantly reaching for the ribbon on that present.
(dice have taken a personal issue with you my friend)
Ambrose Betamax: (cmon, you know you want to open it)

Kat Vale is unconsious til a dramatically apropriate time
AJ B. (GM): (well at least the deer hasn’t run away from the elevator to go back to this room)

Ambrose Betamax is unaware of whats going on and is still trying to face down his nemesis)
Ambrose Betamax: (with his new animal companion shrodinger the pigmy lion)

Ceukeausraa Krem tries to aim her rifle at the present and shoot it, then. It’s obviously the source of the psychic attack.
AJ B. (GM): (just one more step towards proving you really are an eccentric billionaire huh? Exotic pet, check)
(roll to hit)
Melo: (HA!)
Ambrose Betamax: (when it grows up it’ll be a giant effing lion so there :P)
Ceukeausraa Krem: rolling 1d20+1
(
2
)+1
= 3
((Wow.))

Kat Vale Caliban the Ferret walks back into the room
Melo: (Wow)
(I’d give in and open the gift at this point)
AJ B. (GM): (you miss the box completely and drill a hole through the observation room wall. want to shoot at it some more?)
Ceukeausraa Krem: ((I’m assuming now there’s a searing hole into the observation room?))
((Called it.))
AJ B. (GM): (and now theres a ferret in the room apparently)
Ceukeausraa Krem: rolling 1d20+1
(
12
)+1
= 13
AJ B. (GM): (roll damage)
Ceukeausraa Krem: rolling 2d6
(
3
+
5
)
= 8

Ceukeausraa Krem is now down to 22 rounds in her current e-Clip. That’s just magical.
AJ B. (GM): (need a d20 roll from you)
Ceukeausraa Krem: rolling 1d20
(
10
)
= 10
AJ B. (GM): Your rifle tears a hole through the box and all compulsions end, through the hole in the box you can see a bright white light.
Melo: (You monster..!)
Ambrose Betamax: (oh wait…technically you just…opened the box)
(omg thats what happened isnt it, once you leave itll just pop back haha)

Ceukeausraa Krem would attempt to leave again and try to pick up the ferret on her way out. But ferrets that don’t want a ride won’t be getting one. Because ferrets are kinda fast.

Kat Vale Caliban climbs aboard Krem and becomes her shoulder Ferret
AJ B. (GM): You are able to leave the room easily now. (up to Kat if the ferret wants to leave)
As soon as you step out you hear the sound of wrapping paper being folded as the box once more returns to normal.

Ceukeausraa Krem would also be taking Kat with her, now, since she’s still not really able to release.
Ceukeausraa Krem: ((Resist. Not release.))
Ambrose Betamax: (and now you cant lock the door behind it too)
AJ B. (GM): (alright Ambrose, one more HF roll to see if you can finally overcome this. +2 still)
Melo: (So would still be +1 over all due to his inate -1, right?)
AJ B. (GM): (yep)
Ambrose Betamax: :O
rolling 1d20
(
20
)
= 20
Melo: (YAY!)
Ambrose Betamax: (WOOO)
(it was all the cat)
Melo: (How else are you going to get cat food? Well, how’re you gonna get cat food in general?)
AJ B. (GM): (Well, Ambrose finally is able to overcome his fear of elevators at least.)
(with everyone headed up I think that’s probably a good time to call it for the night, any objections?)

Ambrose Betamax leaps courageaously into the elevator, looking generally heroic and staring into the beautiful eyes of his kitten
Melo: (I’m good with that fer now)
Ambrose Betamax: (me too ^^)

Ceukeausraa Krem swings up into the elevator shaft, first.

Ceukeausraa Krem also instructs Ambrose to look after Kat the unconscious.

Ceukeausraa Krem is now okay with that
AJ B. (GM): Excellent, lot of fun tonight, 300 exp across the board.
Ambrose Betamax: thanks!
Zea: yay!
Ambrose Betamax: should we give kat a lil extra so she can keep up?
Zea: Eh. We do all level at diffrent rates
Ceukeausraa Krem: Online character sheet updated. And in RIFTS, it’s not a big deal. Even in DnD 1 or 2 level difference ISN’T really a difference.
Except within the first 5 levels, I guess.
Kat Vale: Not a divine caster summoner
still early game sucks
Ceukeausraa Krem: Especially if you’re doing a divine caster powerbuild. Their endgame is great, their earlygame sucks.
Zea: I had a good bit of fun this week
Ceukeausraa Krem: There are no divine casters in RIFTS. Was referring to DnD. Their divine caster earlygame is terrible. Also, most classes in RIFTS tend to stay even in their power levels. Class alone makes the difference.
Kat Vale: Yeah 92% of my spells cannot be cast without leylines
Ceukeausraa Krem: For example: Dragon Hatchling class. Level 1. At least 100 MDC. More PS than anyone here. Innate magical abilities that start normally at level 2. Psionic.
“Leyline Shifter?
Kat Vale: Shifters get a lot of spells that cost 200+ PPEs on leylines or within half mile our spells get cut in half and near nexi it cuts down to a quarter
not to mention we can pay using the ley line
Cackle H.: Ah. Yeah. Fun class. UBER powerful near Ley lines and nexii.
Kat Vale: I have 1 spell that costs 1000PPE
AJ B. (GM): (and could technically get you out of Australia Right now, lol)
Kat Vale: I can’t locate Leylines I can locate rifts
Zea: Sounds very cool
Cackle H.: Also, should have a skill that allows you to locate leylines.
I never realized there was a difference.
Kat Vale: THe scariest thing in my opinion is that I can change rifts to what I want
AJ B. (GM): (once a dimensional portal, one is a giant line that pumps magic all to hell)
(once a dimensional portal, one is a giant line that pumps magic all to hell)
one is
Cackle H.: All mages, mystics and psionic sensitives can sense when they are within 100 yards of a ley line because of a vague feeling of energy flowing around them (requires a moderate difficulty perception roll).
AJ B. (GM): (ahh, so can sense within that distance but doesnt tell you direction it is or anything like that.)
(could I suppose walk in a direction until you cant sense it then pick another one and repeat until you find the glowing blue place)
Cackle H.: http://www.telluri.com/lin/palladium/leylines.html Here’s a pretty complete consolidation of RIFTS rules on rifts and leylines both.
AJ B. (GM): (That is extremely useful)
(much appreciated)
Cackle H.: It’s still missing some basic stuff, and you should probably save it because Kevin is the arrogant sue-happy anus knuckle that he is.
But otherwise, welcome/
Ambrose Betamax: thanks for running a great game, aj :3
Zea: Yeah. Thank you again
Cackle H.: RIFTS do only open up on leylines, and USUALLY only Nexi. For the record.
The only time they don’t open on nexii is an opening during a Ley Line Storm or other heavenly event when ley line energy peaks (solstice, equinox, eclipse, planetary alignment).
AJ B. (GM): (yeah, unless a mage decides to do something crazy.)
and glad to do it Ambrose, was a lot of fun.
theres actually a legendary spell that basically just opens rifts automatically to stop missiles and shit
Cackle H.: Cool.
Ambrose Betamax: and then some poor hermit gets exploded
Cackle H.: That too.
Hermits suck anyway. They can eat a dick.
Or a grenade.
AJ B. (GM): In Australia, honestly he is better off then he was
Zea: haha
Cackle H.: He was gonna off himself next Tuesday anyway.
Zea: The fact that she knew a name of someone makes me feel like she just removed someone in her backstory.
Cackle H.: What the Hell is Kingdom Hearts doing in my John Carpenter playlist?
Anyway. I just installed American McGee’s Alice. So I’mma try playing that for a bit
Zea: Have fun, yeah?
AJ B. (GM): have fun
(To GM): for sake of log keeping:
Zea: Pen: Compels people to write the truth to any question, in blood. Pass out from blood loss after ~3 lines. SCP-901, floor 68.
(To GM): crap.
(To GM): well then. No shift enter. Got it.
(To GM): Gun: Shoots random things. SCP 742, floor 60.
(To GM): Phone: SCP-085, lockers on floor 69 according to cameras
(To GM): Easy bake oven: Gives you exactly what you ask for food wise. Its very literal in that sense of the word. SCP 441, lockers on floor 69.
(To GM): Phone gives money for answering questions in a loud, clear voice. More detail, more money.
AJ B. (GM): Ok so three floors you wanted to hit up, 3 items you wanted to grab right?
Zea: Phone
Easy Bake Oven
Gun
Pen
Pen was 68, gun was 60, lockers had oven and phone on 69
AJ B. (GM): Alright, any prep, you wanted to set up from the computer before you headed up to them?
Zea: I’d make sure to the ID card I had as an O5 for one.
Otherwise, general lockdown.
Also make sure to check cameras for anything that might be questionable.
signs of movement, thick dust, disturbed dust, that sort of stuff.
Melo: to set the ID card

(Because words good)
AJ B. (GM): Alright, theres a couple signs like that but not on any of the floors you intend to hit up.
So I assume you’ll be hitting them in order, 69, 68, 60?
Melo: Yep. Helmet on, rifle at the ready, just in case.

Vault is also going to attempt to be as stealthy as he can be for a 7’ tall walking death machine.
AJ B. (GM): Alright, (prowl rolls from both as you head up the stairs)
Melo: rolling 1d100< 57
(
71
)
= 0 Successes
Vault: rolling 1d100< 19
(
60
)
= 0 Successes
(Apparently, Combat drones don’t have prowl listed, OR I missed it)
AJ B. (GM): Well you both head up the stairs failing pretty hard at being stealthy, but nothing accosts you as you make your way to the floor full of lockers. There are a lot of them, and a few have noises coming from them.

Melo scans over the locker numbers quickly and quietly, looking for the numbers he saw noted for the two objects he was looking for, and perhaps perusing notes or warnings on each locker, looking for anything that might be of any real interest that he may have missed in the paperwork..

Melo also checks for a console or possible inventory manifest.
AJ B. (GM): After a little while of searching you find the lockers you are looking for, and most of the warnings seem to indicate that the items here are relatively safe and just odd. though a couple do mention being dangerous and avoiding contact with them. The lockers do not appear to be keycard locked, one of them appears to not be locked at all, the other has a keypad for entering a code into it.
Melo: (Numbers and or letters, or just numbers? And would the file have contained its code or the system connected to the console?)

Melo would check the unlocked one first, because that’s an easy enough thing to get, o’corse.
AJ B. (GM): The easy bake oven is in the unlocked one. The second is just numbers, and nope the computer did not contain the code or link to this.

Melo on a hunch, tries 46359 first, hoping that this won’t be a one attempt, set off an alarm type pad. After all, this IS the land down under.

Vault would retrieve the oven at a wordless command from the human, o’corse.
AJ B. (GM): The thing buzzes for a moment and then pops open revealing a cell phone.

Melo cracks a smile at that buzz, opening the locker, grabbing the phone and giving it a quick once over.. In part, because he’s curious as to where the change and bills come out. But that was only given a moment before it was tucked into a pouch. And then one other locker that appears to be unlocked and labeled as benign would be opened, just to see what it contains.. Hopefully a bag of some kind, because he doesn’t actually carry any large soft-style bags.
AJ B. (GM): (roll me a d%)
Melo: rolling 1d100
(
66
)
= 66
(Fist shakes at youtube buffering)
AJ B. (GM): Inside you find an ID card, with a picture of yourself labeled “Mr. S” with all your normal information on it, and one additional line. “Profession: Murderer”

Melo can’t help but grin at that one. Yep, that fit him alright. And when it came down to it? Yes, he was a double O. That’d get tucked into a pouch as well, its label given a quick read over before another wordless command would be given at Vault, a hopefully quiet exit to follow.
AJ B. (GM): (prowl rolls again please)
Melo: rolling 1d100< 57
(
6
)
= 1 Successes
Vault: rolling 1d100< 19
(
81
)
= 0 Successes

Vault is a giant walking death machine powered by hydraulics with no sound dampening coverings on his solid metal feet. What do you want from him?

Melo really needs to get Vault some felt shoes.
AJ B. (GM): Well, Melo manages to slip up the stairs without a sound, unfortunately his deathmachine is not nearly so quiet, as you hit two floors below your next destination you hear an echoing sound of a child calling for help.
Melo: (Think 68 was next, gotta grab the pen)
AJ B. (GM): guess it wouldnt be two floors down then, sorry bit out of it
Melo: (Ok, so, pen has been moved to 65. nod)
AJ B. (GM): same floor as the pen then
Melo: (That works!)

Melo didn’t remember seeing any single child listed in the sentients folder, though he did mostly give that a good skim. He knew the office was on this floor as well.. And at the age of 500+, those kids surely were more husk of a human then actually human anymore. The great debate now was if they were better off here, or set free.
AJ B. (GM): (question now is how bad do you want that pen?)

Melo radios at his robot, “Vault, audio check; you picking up anything?” Yep, pen would be useful to have when it comes right down to it, but he doesn’t relish the idea of some of the horrors he’s seen and heard and read about that might be down here. At least this way he can make sure its just a phantom or not.. Granted, what makes it more frightening?
Vault: No audio to report Sir.

Melo nods. “If I start to freak out or act abnormal, get me off this floor. I’m hearing a child crying for help somewhere on this floor. Radio only, report any anomalies you detect. Lets move.” And in he’d go deeper, listening for directions of sounds. At least the place was well lit! …Not like he needed it to be, what with that night vision and all.

Melo is hunting for that pen. “Target is number 901; check the signs for it as well.”
AJ B. (GM): As you pass them the cries for help seem to remain a constant distance from you. You pass mostly locked and sealed doors though a couple on this level appear to have malfunctioned or been kept open partway by something.
Vault: Sir, left hall, echoing footsteps, estimated weight around 300 lbs. Distances estimated at 120 feet, and retreating.

Melo seems to oddly be put at far more ease by the cries staying just as far away as they were. And then that alarm from the machine beside him, a nod, and up his rifle would raise, from that relaxed-but-ready state to a far more ‘shoot first, question later’ stance, tucked against his shoulder. Two taps would bring it down below lethal settings however, and into the SDC range. “Good call. Keep track of it, prepare for anything else that might be coming. Otherwise, standard retrieval protocols. Get in, get the package, and get out.” And each sign would be checked, movement nice and slow and easy. “Avoid killing if at all possible.”

Melo plain ol’ decides to shut them cries out with half a thought. Mind block for the next 10 minutes.
AJ B. (GM): The cries continue even with your mind block in place. However you find two doors up is 901. Same kind of door with a keycard set up identical to the bottom floor.

Melo lowers his gun to a single arm, still prepped and ready, reaching to that clipped ID he’d set as an O5. A quick swipe, back to its place, and he’d wait for that comforting beep. As long as those cries stayed right where they were, he was ok with them.
AJ B. (GM): The door beeps and a clack echoes through the halls as the door unlocks

Melo again preps his gun at the sound, because he’s a paranoid murderer. Well, no, because he’d rather not be caught off guard.
Vault: Commander, Sensors indicate the footsteps have reversed direction and is heading this way at speeds allowing for arrival in the next two minutes.
Melo: “Acknowledged.” Into the room to grab that pen, and out as quick as is reasonable, “Lets bail.” And back the way he came at a brisk but still quiet pace. Not like the robot was too quiet about it to begin with.
AJ B. (GM): (prowl rolls from both of you please)
Melo: rolling 1d100< 57
(
65
)
= 0 Successes
Vault: rolling 1d100< 19
(
84
)
= 0 Successes
AJ B. (GM): The crying continues and Vault continues to report that sound even though you can’t hear it. and then when he reports it is only 40 feet away directly behind you…
Vault: Commander, the footsteps have stopped, but there is…singing…child rhyme song, ring around the rosey.

Melo listens, that pen securely pocketed at some point along the way. But that didn’t stop him. “Good. Keep moving.” He’d say not to look back, but when it comes right down to it, that robot had eyes in the back of his head. Literally. He could detect things behind him. “Last package is 8 floors up. We’ll take the elevator from there as security permits.” And as soon as he made it to the stairs, he’d again start climbing, listening and keeping his gun at the ready the entire time before moving from floor to floor. Never a rush, always time for caution.
Vault: Commander, footsteps recurring. Maintaining forty foot distance and continuing the song.

Vault begins singing “Ring around the rosey, pocket full of pose, pose, poseys. Ashes to” and abruptly stops singing.

Melo has to worry about this. “Vault, systems check. Report anomalies, prepare to reboot pending diagnostics.” And then at standard volume speakers, “Sorry kids, don’t have time to play. We’re just passing through.” He’d o’corse place himself between the robot and the reported source of that rhyme, flickering through his own optical sensors and keeping close track of his HUD. Sure, everyone would like to say they’d be cool as a cucumber in a situation like this, but when it came right down to it he was unnerved to say the least, and that rifle was held tight and ready. But that robot meant the world to him right then and there.
AJ B. (GM): On the high end of the UV spectrum you see a flicker of something that is gone after only a moment.

Vault humms loudly for a few moments before speaking. “All systems normal commander, no ashes found.”

Melo nods. “Vault, flush last 30 minutes of system logs then power down. On boot up, load morning restore point.” And still he’d wait, rifle at the ready, scanning and waiting. He’s done battle field repairs before, but this? This was something else.

Vault complies and shuts down for five minutes. Seeming to take slightly longer then usual.

Melo normally doesn’t tell his robot to boot up from last known good configuration.
AJ B. (GM): As Vault shuts down you see something flickering and moving towards you in a zig zag pattern, it is hard to pin point what it is but it looks at least vaguely related to a bird, it looks like it has scales instead of feathers and it only seems to flicker into visual range when its at the edge of the hallway almost as if its bouncing back and forth down the hall towards you.

Melo Almost hesitated. Almost. “Halt and identify,” came the single order over his helmet’s speaker at a standard level of volume. As for the rest of him? His scope would follow movement, military training, a year of the end of the world, and several more in a land of chaos kicked in. This was a known. This was a target. This was something those eyes would be running spectral checks on and his suit’s systems would be racing to identify. Granted, things down here likely weren’t going to be in that computer system, even if it had been updated for the world of today.
AJ B. (GM): The thing seems to hesitate at one corner and rather then continuing its bounce it flies in a backwards loop ending with it pointing straight at Vault.
Melo: (Floating, or on the ground still?)
AJ B. (GM): (its at about chest level. nothing obvious supporting it)

Melo kept his target in his sights, “Yes, he’s shut down for the moment. I’d appreciate it if you didn’t tinker with my toys. Robot’s software all fall down.” Still at that steady, even volume. About how big of a thing was he looking at in that hallway leading up to the staircase?
AJ B. (GM): it is kind of hard to tell how big it is with it moving around but it looks to be about the size of small eagle.
At your words it repeats the flight pattern from before this time ending by moving slightly forwards towards the robot before coming to a rest.
Melo: “Nope. Close enough.” And a step was taken to make sure he was between the robot and the floating lizard thing. “Play time is over, you can go away now.” He didn’t want to fire upon the thing; really, it WAS innocent, after all.

Vault reboots at this point. “A good morning to you Commander. Commander, why was I moved during my offline period?”
AJ B. (GM): The thing bounces off the walls and leaves your line of sight as it “turns” down the nearest one

Melo relaxed his aim just a bit. “System malfunction, needed to restore you to this morning’s restore point. Your sensors went on the fritz thanks to some of the critters in this place. I need you to purge all files and records from your restore point forward as a precaution. Keep sensors at a minimum until I can figure out it’s entry point. Current goal is a gun located [X; not sure how many floors we went up] floors up, room will be designated 742, then extraction at an elevator, security permitting; presently we’re 6X floors below ground. Lets move, you first.”

Vault leads the way up the stairs
AJ B. (GM): You make it up to the floor with the gun and the first thing you hear is an incredibly loud banging echoing through the corridors.

Melo grunts. “Good news is its not the thing that wants to end all life on the planet. Bad news is, I don’t know what it is. Full alert, do not, I repeat, do not break any walls or doors. Any idea of source? And is it moving?” Oh the joys of having a mobile combat system and processor beside him. Good news is, it might be easier for the robot to sneak in such an environment!
Vault: Judging by current available data it is coming from three hallways down on the left side. Source is difficult but large object banging upon one of the doors is probable.

Melo nods. “Noted. Lets try hard not to alert it.” And he’d start moving toward the right to check for doors and the gun’s storage room, quiet as he could, gun again at the ready. Good news is, if whatever it was was beating on a door and hadn’t already broken out, very good bet that even the low settings on his rifle would be able to hurt it. Maybe. After all, this is a pre-rifts place. And damn, he didn’t find any stickers in the lockers.
AJ B. (GM): Looking over the numbers you quickly come to realize that the organization of this place would put the gun near or in the hallway which the sound is coming from.

Melo mutters, none too happy about this. But no risk, no reward. Besides, knowing his luck, he’d need to pass that hallway to get to the Elevator. He’d at least check for any labs, or a console he could try and get a look at security cameras with, to see if the banging was from inside or not.
AJ B. (GM): There are a few different labs all with consoles. Checking the camera footage you see a beautiful young woman with bright red hair down to her waist beating on the door of her cell with what appears to be a tree stump.

Melo is a bit calmed by this image. Oh, sure, there’s the fact that she’s still alive to worry about, and just where did she get that tree stump from? Unlikely the same place the impossible girl was getting her eggs and milk for her souffles from, but that was neither here nor there. Gun once more at the ready, he’d start making his way towards where the gun was presumed to be kept, hopefully doing so quietly enough so as to not alert tree-stump-woman, and keep his robot in tow.
AJ B. (GM): (need prowl rolls from both of you as you enter the hallway)
Melo: rolling 1d100< 57
(
96
)
= 0 Successes
(HA!)
Vault: rolling 1d100< 19
(
35
)
= 0 Successes
AJ B. (GM): As you begin down the hallway Melo actually trips and bashes his gun against the wall and Vault is his usual self. The bashing stops at the sounds of this.

Melo is apparently really bad at this sneaking thing. A quiet curse at the trip, but he’d solider on toward his goal.
AJ B. (GM): As you get closer to your goal you also get closer to the door and can hear a female voice yelling. “Please help, let me out, I don’t deserve this. Please I didn’t do anything wrong.”

Melo remains quiet, questioning himself.. Granted, with the rest of this place the way it is, there is likely a good reason she’s locked up. Should his path take him directly past that door, he’d at least glance at the warning label, and try to cross reference it with what he’d read earlier.
AJ B. (GM): Her door is directly across from the gun. The warning label states that she is nothing derived of plant matter is to enter the cell. She is to be kept especially far from flowers. All personnel are to be in biohazard suits. The number matches a file you saw. The file claimed it was a tree that was allowed to request anything it wished provided it wasn’t derived from plant matter, and that if it should come into contact with dirt level 2 breach protocol was to go into effect.

Melo isn’t touching that with a ten foot pole. This entire place was surrounded by dirt. Not a word was spoken, his O5 card simply slid through the slide on the door guarding the gun. In and out, and then toward the elevator.. Oh what fun this will be.. Hopefully he’d be able to get it up to the floor.
AJ B. (GM): As soon as the clack of the lock goes off you hear a much more muted thud followed by the sound of a woman crying occassionally calling out Why! and Bastards! though no other words are understandable through the sobbing.

Melo felt bad about it. He did. But he was there when magic came about. He was there when some young punk was just learning about the new powers they had. He was there when that punk took out two members of his squad, the punk’s entire cult,and another three square blocks because he couldn’t reign in his own power. He wasn’t going to let that out. At the least, however.. “I’m sorry, ma’am. Nothing I can do.” And then he’d be gone.
AJ B. (GM): Inside the gun room is a pedestal with a glass globe containing the gun which is completely submerged in water.
Melo: (The gun or the globe?)
AJ B. (GM): At the sound of the words the sobbing stops. “Please, don’t go, I haven’t heard from anyone in years. Have you no soul? Is complete isolation the price of innocence?” (from outside to in, glass, water, gun)

Melo eyes that gun and the puzzle he’s faced with, doing his best to figure it out. He’d check for a simple lid, a seal, or what not. As for the woman? Crushing as it was.. “Vault. Voice only. Intermediary, keep volume low. Answer her as to your possession of a soul.” He hadn’t read up enough on her profile, of what danger she possessed to the world, but thinking of what other things were kept here.. He knew he should stay quiet. He knew it. But the sacrifices of the few for the safety of all..

Vault answers as instructed. “No Ma’am. I do not have a soul.” Well, at least one of the three could answer that question with some honesty.
AJ B. (GM): The ball has a clear lid pointed towards the cieling. The woman sobs more quietly. “Fine, if you don’t have a soul then, at least tell me why you came to this horrible place.”

Melo was facing that internal debate, knowing what he knew. He knew protocols all too well. He also knew what had to have been centuries of isolation could do to a person. Well, no. He could guess. Still, quiet words were transmitted to the robot, “The pull of the unknown. How have you survived all these years?” And that lid would be carefully checked for traps, and even pressure.. though he was fairly sure it was safe. “Ma’am, would you be kind enough to share your name?”

Vault once more transmitted. “The unknown, Ma’am. It has also been requested that you please share your name?”

Vault also includes that question about the survival factor. Blasted tired human.
AJ B. (GM): She sniffs loudly “My name? That’s right, I had a name before I came here. I wasn’t always 5206, I was somebody” There is a soft thump thump thump against the door for a bit. “It was, I was Julia. I’m alive because all I need is sunlight, and they provided me with lamps that mimic it. It isn’t perfect and I miss the real thing, but it keeps me alive. Alive for their damned experiments alive for them to see what years and years of loneliness can do to me. I won’t break though. Not for them.”
The lid doesnt seem to be trapped and just seems to be a simple screw on lid that can be easily removed.

Melo slowly removes the lid before removing the gun from its watery container, carefully mind you. And then to the door, to slump down beside the wall. “You’ll be out of time, you know. Anyone you knew on the outside is long gone. The years haven’t been a test. They were unplanned.” Wet as it was, the gun would be tucked away in a holster, after checking to make sure it had a safety that was turned on. “Everyone of your tormentors has been dead for at least 200 years, likely more. When you are let go, what will you do?” There was no transmission from the robot this time, just the talking of a soilder through a door.
AJ B. (GM): There is laughter from behind the door. “Human companionship was never my choice. I lived amongst those who withstood the test of time and who may yet still live. If I am free to leave this foul place I will return to my forest. If it is gone I will find another and live there, protecting it from those who would selfishly take its bounty and return nothing. Your voice sounds different now soulless one.”

Melo stood, mind made up. “Keen ear. I ask that you make me not regret this choice, and implore you not to destroy this place, if only because of the dangers its builders put here for safe keeping, for better or for worse. Your forest may be gone; The world has ended.” And with that, a simple slide of the card. “C’mon Vault.” And toward the elevator he’d walk. “Freedom is the least I can offer you. Justice is not a gift I can give. Exit is this way.” Yep, he was gonna regret this later on in life.

Vault would follow, after opening the door, because he’s programmed to be polite like that.

Melo gives crazy tree lady some credit for putting two and two together, yep. Or one and one, in this case.
AJ B. (GM): She steps out and smiles. “I know my own way out, but I thank you for your kindness.” She looks across at the door opposite her. “Oh and if you took what was in that room, be careful with it. One of their test subjects ended up meeting mister huff and puff.” with that she runs off the opposite direction from you.

Melo chuckles. “Just something to study. Safe travels, Julia. May your forest still be there when you return.” Well.. At least that made him feel a little better about robbing the place. And then that debate, between going back down to read the files he’d wiped from the robot’s memory, or simply going upstairs.. Up would work. After all, he said he’d meet his companions ‘shortly’.
AJ B. (GM): (call it good here since Im not gonna have anything else happen between here and getting to the elevator.)
Melo: (Yeah. And I should sleep. And hope she doesn’t unleash Mr. Death Lizard Of Death and Doom upon the world.)
AJ B. (GM): (she doesnt have a card and its unlikely she has the technical knowledge to do a damned thing)
Melo: (That wouldn’t stop her from trying to tear down the walls, or blowing the place up. But that’s me just being paranoid because I’d likely try and destroy some place that imprisoned me for 500 years.)
AJ B. (GM): (yeah, fair point)

Chapter 3 Why We Fear Elevators

Elevators are Scary! StrykerC