Chapter 15 The battle cry of Chaos--A Hoi

Vault simply waits outside, as long as Hoi went with. He might even be interacting with some unattended children that decided to try and climb on him.
Ambrose Betamax: (that’s cute ^^)

Melo would be waiting outside Ambrose’s room, probably talking with Cid.
Melo: (Err.. Carl)
AJ B. (GM): (Alright all, so think we need to wrap up. is late after all)

Ambrose Betamax , after exchanging pleasentries and making sure they know how to contact him if they need something ,returns to Melo.
Ambrose Betamax: (and okay
AJ B. (GM): In Game Timestamp Aug 25th 1 pm
Zea: Today is Thursday, March 26th, 2015. EXP is about to be given.
And today as been a hell of a lot of fun.
Ambrose Betamax: yeah
Zea: Thank you for not trying to kill the death bot.
P.O.M: But I am going to try to kill the doctor
Ambrose Betamax: nuuuuuu
P.O.M: Ironically with a vampire
AJ B. (GM): exp for today is 300 base. an extra 200 for Ambrose for his always fun comedy. An extra 150 for Hoi, for playing to her character and sticking to it. an extra 100 to Melo for trying to maintain peace.
Ambrose Betamax: :3
thanks ^^
Thanks for a great game, AJ
P.O.M: W00t only 10,149 xp to go
Zea: Yeah, hell of a lot of fun tonight.
P.O.M: But yeah the more I hear about the law in the city the more likely I am thinking about just letting it get destroyed
Ambrose Betamax: or fomenting revolution
P.O.M: Perhaps we should evacuate the D-Bees and just let the vampires take over then clean it up with the help of the D-Bees
AJ B. (GM): well only flaw in that is then you basically allow an intelligence to take hold.
P.O.M: Not if as the vampires attack we retaliate with the D-Bees
we use the humans as bait
once the D-Bees save whats left of the humans…
Zea: That’s… actually kinda downright evil.
P.O.M: We can put the D-Bees in charge and let the humans be sub citizens
Ambrose Betamax: (hears ride of the valkyries in the background)
AJ B. (GM): well, anythings possible.
P.O.M: Hoi Hoi is abberant
Ambrose Betamax: Ambrose is uh, unpredictable but with a heart of gold :3
P.O.M: She will save her friends and those who are worthy of her respect
Is Ambrose a M.D creature ?
Ambrose Betamax: If he goes into a berserker rage he becomes one
But it’s a little silly, cause at that point he jsut drops his guns and nerd flails at things

Hoi Hoi Polloi activates her Supernatural Strength Tattoo and then reaches into Ambrose and plucks out his heart
AJ B. (GM): and that only kicks in for those he has declared family etc
Ambrose Betamax: he punched a bunyip and it did pretty much nothing
just kind of repeated boops

Hoi Hoi Polloi activates her pheonix tattoo and quickly heals and regenerates Ambrose and then looks at the heart to see if it is indeed golden
AJ B. (GM): he did stab it in the eye with an antler I think
Ambrose Betamax: that I did :P
AJ B. (GM): roflmao, fun fact Feni blood is actually a dark yellow that makes their hearts appear gold in color
Hoi Hoi Polloi: You went into rage against a bunyip and punched it ?
AJ B. (GM): roflmao
Ambrose Betamax: yep, and clung to its face for like 4 rounds
P.O.M: lol
Zea: No one ever said Ambrose was very wise.
P.O.M: I wonder what Betamax heart tastes like
Ambrose Betamax: And then when it gave up he tried to stop his party from killing it :P
AJ B. (GM): I’m sure some npc in that club did after he left
but that place was deranged
Albin P.: Riight
List up the rolls for me again.
AJ B. (GM): “/roll XdX” for public rolls “/gmroll XdX” for normal ones
IQ is 3d6+1
not normal, private gm only viewable
Albin P.: rolling 3d6+1
(
2
+
1
+
6
)1
= 10
AJ B. (GM): reroll the 1
Albin P.: rolling 1d6
(
5
)
= 5
AJ B. (GM): so still 14
there is a shortcut to make it autodo that admittedly but Im not sure what it was
Albin P.: eh thats fine
AJ B. (GM): Me 3d6
Albin P.: rolling 3d6
(
2
+
4
+
1
)
= 7
rolling 1d6
(
2
)
= 2
AJ B. (GM): so an 8 on that one
Albin P.: yeah, no good with scary stuff x3
alot like myself then
AJ B. (GM): MA 2d6
Albin P.: rolling 2d6
(
6
+
6
)
= 12
oh fuck
AJ B. (GM): makes it easier to play
roflmao
you’re the most likeable elf Ever
Albin P.: oh come on Dx
I was gonna play him the opposite xD
“Oh my god leave me alone! I hate all of you!”
AJ B. (GM): you can still do that
Albin P.: “Oh but you are the coolest guy ever!” “NO! FUCK OFF!” XD
AJ B. (GM): just because someone has charisma doesnt mean they use it
Albin P.: Still funny xD
okay next
AJ B. (GM): PS 3d6
Albin P.: rolling 3d6
(
6
+
3
+
4
)
= 13
next
AJ B. (GM): PP 4d6
Albin P.: rolling 4d6
(
1
+
4
+
3
+
4
)
= 12
rolling 1d6
(
5
)
= 5
16
AJ B. (GM): PE 3d6
Albin P.: rolling 3d6
(
4
+
3
+
1
)
= 8
rolling 1d6
(
5
)
= 5
rolling 5d6 for beauty
(
4
+
6
+
3
+
6
+
3
)
= 22
and speed was /roll 3d6?
AJ B. (GM): yep
Albin P.: rolling 3d6
(
4
+
4
+
4
)
= 12
And now ppe
AJ B. (GM): might want to roll hp up first
Albin P.: alright
AJ B. (GM): 4d6
PE
Albin P.: rolling 4d5+12
(
3
+
2
+
3
+
2
)+12
= 22
AJ B. (GM): and now ppe (and this one doesnt get ones rerolled)
Albin P.: rolling 5d6
(
3
+
3
+
2
+
5
+
4
)
= 17
AJ B. (GM): ok, no more rolls for the moment, chat here or skype as we continue?
Albin P.: skype
AJ B. (GM): hey POM how goes?
P.O.M: So far so good and you ?
AJ B. (GM): not bad, easter was fun
d100 roll Albin
P.O.M: Glad to hear that :)
AJ B. (GM): POM/LED this is Albin/Jin
Albin P.: rolling 1d100
(
80
)
= 80
AJ B. (GM): yes I am too lazy to type out either of your really long names lol

P.O.M coughs…
Albin P.: Right. did I get something from that 80?
P.O.M: you mean like your skype name ?
Albin P.: Jin, Nyan, Albin call me whatever you like xP
P.O.M: Albin is short for Albino right :)
Albin P.: Um well the name albin comes from the latin word albus which means white. And albino uses that so yeah
P.O.M: It was nice to meet you and I look forward to gaming with you later this week
Albin P.: Same W
Dont know how avaliable I will be then but I guess we’ll see
Also brb. My girlfriend told me to wake her up a while ago if I wasnt asleep by now so she can nag at me to go to sleep xD
so what do I roll
AJ B. (GM): 3d6*10+20
might be x instead of *
I can’t remember which this uses for multiplication
Albin P.: rolling 3d6*10+20
(
1
+
1
+
5
)*10+20
= 90
.___.
AJ B. (GM): ok well you’ve got a bit more from leveling
9d6
Albin P.: ppe is not rerolled right?
AJ B. (GM): correct
Albin P.: fuck
rolling 9d6
(
5
+
5
+
6
+
5
+
4
+
2
+
2
+
4
+
5
)
= 38
AJ B. (GM): ehh 90 still isnt bad
yeah, you’ll get an idea of how much mana that really is when we get into spell selection
ok, need you to roll 1d4
Albin P.: so 90+38+17 is 141
AJ B. (GM): 145
Albin P.: cool
rolling 1d4
(
3
)
= 3
and that was for?
AJ B. (GM): pick a mental stat, that gets added to it
Albin P.: which are mental? those that start with m?
AJ B. (GM): IQ, ME, and MA
Albin P.: Okay id pick ma
AJ B. (GM): so up it by 3 then
Albin P.: Right from 8 to 11
so not totally a whimp anymore
AJ B. (GM): MA or ME?
MA you had 12 in
the likability thing
Albin P.: Hey
here to make some rolls .3.
Anyone here?
rolling 4d6
(
6
+
5
+
5
+
5
)
= 21
Okay what do I roll?
AJ B. (GM): ok first a d4 roll
Albin P.: rolling 1d4
(
1
)
= 1
yaay! .__.
AJ B. (GM): another d4, then a 3d4
Albin P.: rolling 1d4
(
2
)
= 2
rolling 3d4
(
4
+
2
+
2
)
= 8
Better
AJ B. (GM): 2d6 as well btw
Albin P.: rolling 2d6
(
5
+
3
)
= 8
Cool :3
AJ B. (GM): alright, so chat here or skype?
Matt S.: rolling 1d6+5
(
6
)5
= 11
rolling 4d6
(
4
+
2
+
1
+
1
)
= 8
rolling 2d6
(
6
+
5
)
= 11
rolling 2d6
(
1
+
1
)
= 2
rolling 2d6
(
3
+
2
)
= 5
rolling 4d6
6
(
1
+
3
+
1
+
5
)6
= 16
Matt S.: rolling 2d6
(
4
+
5
)
= 9
rolling 4d6
(
5
+
6
+
6
+
3
)
= 20
rolling 3d6
(
5
+
1
+
6
)
= 12
rolling 1d6
(
3
)
= 3
rolling 2d4
4
(
2
+
4
)4
= 10
rolling 3d6
18
(
6
+
6
+
5
)18
= 35
Matt S.: rolling 2d6
10
(
6
+
3
)10
= 19
rolling 3d6
(
1
+
5
+
2
)
= 8
rolling 1d6
(
4
)
= 4
rolling 2d6
40
(
2
+
3
)+40
= 45
P.O.M: 26
Greetings
AJ B. (GM): hey how goes?
P.O.M: so far so good, ready to initiate my plan for revenge against the doctor
AJ B. (GM): Alright that’s everyone who’s joining us for today it seems
Albin P.: WAIT!
….how do i change my icon .3.
AJ B. (GM): someone feel free to explain that I’m going to start the recap
Zea: (Pick your character’s name from the drop down below the chat)
Lindir: Testing
Perfect
Gonna logg in and out
one sec
AJ B. (GM): Last Time on “The Multiverse and You”: We learned that telling doctors in a racist city that their patients damage came from a mirror world of their friends beating them up while keeping a deathbot looming over them makes it look like you’re some kind of human supremist and beat on D-bees for fun. Eventually this got sorted out but not before the teams resident hothead decided to insult someone who she could have just let break his fist on her and instead pretended to be punched into a wall. Last we left them the good doctor was finally convinced of the mirror universe through the power of clouds. Hoi Hoi had gone off seeking vampires. and Melo and Ambrose seemed ready to head home and prepare for a hunt
Ambrose Betamax: (yaaaay clouds

Melo had to prep. So many things on his mind on the drive home from the hospital. But hey, at least the deer-bee isn’t dead! “So.” Granted, did the deer-bee even get into the cab of the APC? It IS a bit small and cramped.
Ambrose Betamax: (well I don’t think the hospital wants to keep me anymore)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (Did you pay your outstanding medical fees?)

Melo is more concerned with the deer-bee and enclosed spaces then leaving him once discharged.
Ambrose Betamax: (actually ambrose does have a decent amount of money, but mostly cause he never pays for things :P
AJ B. (GM): (free D-bee hospital, technically labeled a “Repair Shop” because its to keep the slave trade fodder healthy)
(Horune get nasty when you try to sell them sick slaves)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (Whats the cheapest price of a slave?)
AJ B. (GM): (Illegal to own in Melbourne, strictly sold to the Horune to keep the peace. but I’d have to double check WB 30 to give you an exact)

Melo either way, would soon enough arrive at the safehouse, Ambrose and killbot in tow. “Standard close sweep.” Casual words dropped once the small fortress he was driving rolled to a stop. Pop go does, out he’d scramble, “Things’re not looking good outside the city, and we’re being tasked again with helping to clear it out.” Idle comments offered to Ambrose.

Ambrose Betamax hmmms, still a little out of it from the hosptial.
AJ B. (GM): (one moment need that to backtrack a bit)
Melo: (Kay!)
AJ B. (GM): As you arrive at the safehouse leaning outside the gate you see (fill in from here as you like Jin)
Albin P.: ((Alright give me a moment ^^))

Hoi Hoi Polloi begins the first phase of her revenge against the doctor at the stationary shop…

Albin P. A tall elf with long blonde hair and unaturally fancy clothing in gold, green and black. Almost looking like an old-fashioned noble but with a modern twist. Seeing the people walk towards the estate and noticing they would be looking at him he would close a book which he was currently looking over before he approached. “Greetings!…You so not happen to be the residents of this estate?…”
AJ B. (GM): (not walk, giant APC driving up to gate)
Lindir: ((Drive up towards the esstate he would meet them as they got out of their veicle
Ambrose Betamax: (greetings giant apc-Vroooom)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (Greetings, Sir Giant Apc I come in peace, would you cease your incessant growling at me… I have business with the people you have devoured)
Lindir: ((Yes.))

Ambrose Betamax tumbles out of the APC in a medically drugged up haze, likely falling right onto Lindir wearing nothing but an awful open backed hospital gown.
Ambrose Betamax: “….oh,, hello thsere…”

Melo really needs to do several things to the home: One, install a set of security cameras he can view remotely. Two: Install an automatic gate opener. Three: Install a small, remote control laser turret. Too many people seem to know the location of this safe house, and its starting to make him jumpy just finding people hovering outside it on a regular basis. Still, the damn near sixty ft long behemoth of the APC would roll to a stop so he could disembark and open the gate.. And figure out just who the hell it was that had been informed of his whereabouts this time. “Who’s asking?” A casual enough human, clad in a simple T-Shirt with the logo of some local band or some such and a pair of jeans.
Ambrose Betamax: (How casual can melo even look?)

Melo is a normal human..! With metal growing out of his face. Otherwise, he can look fairly casual when he’s not bristling with guns.
Lindir: *Would quickly step asside from the creature tumbling out of the veicle and look down at him with slight confusion as he contemplated if he should make notes of this or not… But as the second person got out he turned his gaze to him, giving him a curious nod as he replied. “My name is Lindir Elenren…What is yours?”
Melo: “Vault. Close sweep of the property. Bill Evans.” A hand would reach out in greeting to the elf, but he showed neither approval nor disdain. “Can I help you with something?”
Ambrose Betamax: (oh for…they’re making a 5 nights at freddies movie now)

Vault is, for lack of a better term, a 7 foot tall kill bot. Angular, robotic, with what could be nothing other then a small eletro-cannon of some sort under-slung on one arm. “Acknowledged, Commander.” And with that, the droid would turn and start scanning the property in a standard, singular patrol pattern.
(From AJ B. (GM)): Mr. Niemand appears to be standing leaning on the shoulder of this newcomer making faces.

Ambrose Betamax is a nomralish looking Feni Nomad, that is, a walking talking deer, that at the moment, having forgotten himself, is albino and blank white other than his reddish eyes.
Lindir: Would look at the man reaching out his hand at first before he opened his book and closed his pen in to it to free his hand to shake Bill’s. “Well I am currently looking for someone. A friend of mine of my own kind, going by the name Veryrin. And I come to suspect that she lives here or at least somewhere nearby.”
“Might it be so you are her husband perhaps?…” He added shortly after.

Melo looked impassively at Lindir, the set of mechanical eyes on his face unmoving, iridescent dark blue back light steady. Makes it really difficult to see just what he’s looking at, with the way they’re not moving. “Can’t say I’ve heard of them. Hell, rare to see many elves at all in these parts. Just the same, welcome I suppose. What makes you think they’d be in this neck of the woods?” And with that, he’d turn to start back to the APC, to get it back through the gate, closing it behind him, the massive thing going quiet the instant it stopped moving.
Melo: (Or for those who care because I fail at copy / paste: “Lyh’d cyo E’ja raynt uv dras. Ramm, nyna du caa syho amjac yd ymm eh draca byndc. Zicd dra cysa, famlusa E cibbuca. Fryd sygac oui drehg drao’t pa eh drec halg uv dra fuutc?” )
Ambrose Betamax: “Oh…did we remember to bring all my friends with us?”
Lindir: ((Im gonna need an explanation of Melo’s apperance))
Melo: (I’m lazy: https://www.dropbox.com/s/qcfq66dbezs5itf/Oouna%20-%20Melo%20and%20Vault%20-%20Web%20Res.jpg?dl=0 )
Ambrose Betamax: (average human with googley eyes taped to his face)
Melo: (In short: Cybernetic eyes)

Ambrose Betamax still thinks those are sunglesses
Lindir: ((Are we in the middle of a city now or like where are we exactly?))
Melo: (We’re in the north western area of the city I believe. The house itself is on a fairly large plot of land with some fancy gating around, grassy, and in general we’re in a lightly populated farming area of the city, from what I understand)
Lindir: ((Magic is strictly forbidden?))
Ambrose Betamax: (only if you’re caught :P)
Melo: (In general, yeah. Even out in the middle of nowhere, its a bad idea to use out in the open; city has security cameras everywhere, though not as much so inside buildings)
(At least, private residences like this one)
Ambrose Betamax: (that said, ambrose has been known to walk around places with a dragon ,so)
Melo: (That is registered as a D-Bee and not a dragon)
Ambrose Betamax: (well, they’ll be surprised later then :P
Lindir: (Im having a realy difficult time grasping the setting xP)
Ambrose Betamax: (also a magic stealing kitten and a were-deer a dillo)
(lol lindir, it’s an odd one)
Melo: (http://thumbs.dreamstime.com/x/australian-farmland-21314540.jpg)
(But put a 100-350 foot tall wall (I forget just how tall it is) about a mile or so away behind the house)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (noez… the street war is over)
Lindir: ((AJ sent you a pm))
((Need a bit of a shove in the right direction))
Ambrose Betamax: (I’m trying to bop my boyfriend in the head telepathically until he appears)
Lindir: ((My mate is booping me in the head right now as we speak x3))
((Or rather she is wanting my attention x3))
Ambrose Betamax: (I want attention from mine too, I’m like a cat :P)
Lindir: Observed the mechanical eyes for a moment and smiled at him being welcomed before he replied. “Oh I have been trying to find her for some time. She is a co-worker of mine and I was told I’d find her around these parts and that she is currently married to a human spouse.” He replied before he waited for the man to drive in the veicle and come back out again. “If I might be so rude to ask to join you in inside?…It has been a long journey and I am quite weary. There is a few more questions I’d like to ask. I belive you might be able to help me find her.”
((Im sorry if I am slow by the way))

Melo didn’t bother to hide the irritation in his sigh, but why not. “Veh. Confn shafaer persvek.” Though there’d be some muttering under his breath, something along the lines of needing to charge for this kind of work in his native tongue. “Start torir; Si tepoha youwei si rigluin ekess qe tirir, vur persvek ifyoev gavir, vur tepohair wux zahae ui likely gethrisjir ekess itrewic persvek wer idol di ve tirir astahi.” Words were spoken in Elvish easily enough. “Vault, Report. And you, be nice to him, he’s a guest.” Odd behavior from the man, but then again, a well dressed total stranger isn’t always a good thing to have show up on your door step.

Ambrose Betamax plays with his pets while the others talk.

Melo o’corse, spoke facing away from the elf that’d been let onto the property.
(From Vault): “Commander please be advised there is a space following you that can not be detected.”

Melo again lifted a hand to tap at a small device on his ear, other hand moving reflexively to his side arm, but he otherwise seemed calm enough without much change in posture or demeanor. “Acknowledged.”
(From AJ B. (GM)): Niemand looks up over your head and grimaces speeding up his pace to stary 2 steps ahead of you.
Lindir: ((Oh crap. Uh my character has been speaking in elvish this entire time by the way))
(From AJ B. (GM)): you then hear a sound like sand in a set of gears but at the same time like laughter
Melo: (Had figured as much)
AJ B. (GM): (yeah, we’re not gonna force the translator on you, if you want to use it its there.)
(he has fun using it because it helps make that mental shift)
Melo: (Yeah. We’ve got something like 7 separate translators we use. I’m a hard core nerd.)
AJ B. (GM): (I have fun using it because I’m a psychopath who will one day be on the news babbling about how a lack of video games led to my killing spree while holding the most recent controller)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (svadrav mobi ui vi geou… mobi ui thric idol…)
Lindir: ((My character probably noticed that melo replied in elvish already tho.)

Melo would hope the elf had noticed! After all, when one is addressed in one language, its only polite to respond in kind if able.
Lindir: ((Alright but um. Is there a way now that im invited to the mansion that I can hop out? Im really getting tired. ^^" Im really sorry.)
Melo: (Yeah, no problems boss)
Lindir: (AJ?)
AJ B. (GM): (Well your char did say its been a long trip and Melo said he had stuff to do, question is would Melo allow him to sleep here, though theres lots of rooms to lock him in)
(so yeah no worries on it imo anyhow)
Lindir: (He would not mind borrowing a guest room/study to sleep in)
(I dont even know if elves sleep tho)
AJ B. (GM): (they do)

Melo frankly, has zero inclination to trust the elf. Matter of fact, he’s got a number of reasons NOT to trust the elf at the moment. A few minutes at the terminal in the main room might help ease his mind.
(To GM): Woo background checks in the police database.
Lindir: ((Terminal?))
Melo: (Computer)
AJ B. (GM): (high tech city)
(so yeah, you go get some rest Jin, ttyl. We’ll make sure this is set properly)
Lindir: (Okay thanks. Hope I didn’t make it too hard for you guys, Im kinda having a feeling tho this type of character does not fit a modern setting…But its probably since Im so used to playing high fantasy stuff.))
Melo: (You’ll adapt him. You can also have all kinds of fun not understanding the high tech world)
Lindir: ((Well goodnight ppl.))
Melo: (Rest well)
Lindir: (It was short but fun)
AJ B. (GM): (night sleep well)

Melo likely would listen to a few of the elf’s questions before.. well.. Simply telling him that he’ll likely be able to assist, but for now, he had things to do; at the least, as an offer of hospitality, he’d offer the man a room for the night. O’corse, he’d fight the urge to pull a gun on the one that couldn’t be picked up by the droid’s sensors, nor would he tell him about the lack of inside locks on the room he offered. And then he’d check on the deer. “How’s your head?”
(From AJ B. (GM)): this comes through as a message for you and Ambrose, from Hoi “I am at the hospital giving the doctor what he rightly deserves, by the time I’m done I will reign supreme over the hospital and no one will be my match”
Ambrose Betamax: “s’ok….a little wobbly but better.”
Leah: Razortongue “How was the doctor?” She then coughs and shimmers her fur.

Melo blinked; well.. not exactly blinked. There was that moment of not moving, of registering thought and trying to formulate a response at something that was relayed to the earpiece radio he wore. “..fuck. Vault! Back to the hospital, scan police bands. Report on comms. Do NOT engage.” And he’d simply abandon the deer-bees to get his gear.
(From AJ B. (GM)): Vault reports nothing unusual and once he makes it back to the hospital reports that only thing unusual appears to be Ms. Polloi healing sick children.

Ambrose Betamax wobbles a little, looks down at himself at the shimmer, and realizes he’s been albino this whole time.

Ambrose Betamax watches melo do this and just kind of leans over till he’s laying on his side with his pets. And leah.

Melo is as paranoid as ever. Or maybe its getting worse. Its hard to tell with him. He’d get his gear ready just the same before heading out, a simple command to monitor and assist as needed issued to the droid, along with a general request to check on the good doctor. Yeah, that paranoid streak ran strong though him. Body armor on, pistols in their holsters, “Hey, Leah. Can you make sure he’s alright, and.. you know, doesn’t swallow his own tongue for me? I’ve got some running around I need to do..”
Ambrose Betamax: “Hey, you’re glowy and shiney, leah.”
Leah: “Sure, I can do that, take care of whatever you need.” she watches Ambrose deeply concerned.
Ambrose Betamax: “wheeeeee….”
“I like clouds. they feel fluffy.”

Melo was worried about Ambrose. He really was. But.. Well, he’s in slightly less immediate danger than normal, and frankly, he had a hell of a lot of shopping to do. He’d take the bike, and start running about the city to find various parts for a hand full of things, as well as things at decent prices. A compact water pump, a small compressor, various pipes and tubes, and an ever on the radio. He’d also be hunting for a place with a selection of various sized metal containers he could as a backpack for the droid.
Ambrose Betamax: (oooh vampire action)

Hoi Hoi Polloi uses her flaming sword of vengence hitting 10 for 20
Ambrose Betamax: “hey leah, I heard something about vampires earlier….I wonder if I’d look good with those pointy teeth.”

Leah Razortongue chuckles “you’d look good no matter what, but if you get any paler you’ll end up clear.”
Ambrose Betamax: “I can’t do my fur while I’m on this stuff I guess…”

Hoi Hoi Polloi takes out her ATA “20K” 20,000 Volt-Taser hitting 6 for 7

Ambrose Betamax is oblivious to all the combat things

Hoi Hoi Polloi uses her Flaming Sword of Fiery Doom hitting 18 for 19
Leah Razortongue: “I like your fur like this better.”

Hoi Hoi Polloi defiantly uses her Flaming Sword parrying the attack 30 with Barely a Sweat

Hoi Hoi Polloi takes out her ATA A-50, “leer” Energy-Arc Thrower and aims it at the doctors head hitting 19 for 6
AJ B. (GM): Alright, Melo, so you’re searching shops etc. Yeah?

Melo is, yep
Ambrose Betamax: (ooooh looting bad :P)
AJ B. (GM): Alright, Well lets see the basic stuff would be easy to find

Hoi Hoi Polloi channels her inner beast and attempts to track her target 0 Successes
P.O.M: I rolled 100…
AJ B. (GM): lol
Botch on attempting to do that
Ambrose Betamax: (seeecret stuffs)

Ambrose Betamax hugs leah for no other reason than he likes her and is pretty out of it anyways

Melo doesn’t have too much all told; hoses and tubes, pipes, a few 10-15 gallon metal gas tanks. The compressor would likely be the hard part, along with the water pump, and then various scrap and bars to use as struts.
Ambrose Betamax: (And it appears I have been stood up….again)
Melo: (Aw..)
Ambrose Betamax: It’s 10 pm, not sure if I should call

Ambrose Betamax realizes he was channelling someone psychically from another world and talking aloud. whoops.
Ambrose Betamax: (Saved the fourth wall lol)

Hoi Hoi Polloi like adults opinion on children, attempts to become unseen and unheard with 1 Successes
AJ B. (GM): (Alright, query, everyone seems kind of zoney in and out, good with calling it early?)

Hoi Hoi Polloi channels her inner beast and attempts to track her target 1 Successes
Melo: (Yeah, I think I am, unfortunately. 4 hours a sleep a night for the last week is catching up with me)
Ambrose Betamax: (either way, Ambrose isn’t exactly able to do much as it is)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (Ambrose still hurt?)
Ambrose Betamax: (He’s wonky and probably shouldn’t wonk and drive)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (hmm… if your that wonky use it as an excuse and try to impregnate leah)
Ambrose Betamax: “hey, leeeeeeaaaaah,……”
AJ B. (GM): (oh god please not the furry baby plotline again. The last time that happened it chained off to every player wanting their child from the same mother)

Ambrose Betamax is dumb enough to think he’s totally sexy right now
Ambrose Betamax: (lol)
AJ B. (GM): (you all Wish I was kidding)
Ambrose Betamax: (wow lol)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (that would only work if the mother was one of the players…)
(oh crap… I just realized I am the only female character player)
(that ain’t happening)
AJ B. (GM): (alright yep time to call it a night)
Melo: (You’re not Melo’s type, dun worry)
Ambrose Betamax: (lol)
(Everyone is ambrose’s type)
Zea: Today is Thursday, April 9th, 2015. EXP is about to be given.
AJ B. (GM): (Odd I figured Melo would be fully into the Amazon type)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (I know Melos type needs a double adaptor to function)
Ambrose Betamax: (uh, I can’t actually open my spreadsheet at the moment since reformat, I still need to reinstall my spreadsheet software D:)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (if he likes them exotic then he would need to purchase a ac/dc adapter)
Ambrose Betamax: (And in europe he has to get a whole other plug)
AJ B. (GM): Ingame Timestamp Aug 25th 10 pm.

Hoi Hoi Polloi rolls around in the gore
AJ B. (GM): 300 exp base to everyone. an extra 100 to Melo, 100 to Hoi, 50 to Ambrose, and 50 to Lindir
Zea: G’night all
Ambrose Betamax: (uh, can mine carry over to next session? I can’t open my spreadsheet ;o;
AJ B. (GM): sure we’ll get that fixed when we can
Hoi Hoi Polloi: Does the doctor gain any experience wink wink
AJ B. (GM): any npc or villain who gains exp will not have it posted here for various reasons lol
Hoi Hoi Polloi: I recommend giving him running or maybe forced march it will help him last longer and survive as I chase after him
Ambrose Betamax: (waaat is my doctor a vampire)
(Did I get vampired in my sleep)
(IS THAT HOW MY ORGAN CAME BACK?)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (>_> you saw nothing)
Zea: (To GM) rolling 1d100< 90 prototype battery
(
97
)
= 0 Successes
(To GM): 1st attempt was for a D-Cell style battery for use in a Mag light style flashlight. 300 credits in gems and materials. Globe of Daylight for effect → Sense Magic for range. 90% chance of success, rolled a 97%.
Zea: (To GM) rolling 1d100
(
28
)
= 28
(To GM): 2nd roll was at GM’s request.
(To GM): Net effect is a 30 ft range Sense Magic battery, for use in a flash light, or other such scanning device that can, you know, use D-Cells.
Zea: (To GM) rolling 1d100< 98 Next prototype battery, this time doubling my time to get the damned thing right.
(
74
)
= 1 Successes
(To GM): Sense Magic battery PPE cost: 2 PPE
(To GM): 2nd battery was a success. Net effect is a battery that provides 120 ft range Globe of Daylight, in a cone effect, in a flashlight or similar that can be hooked up to run through a D-Cell battery. PPE activation cost: 2 PPE. Duration is 3 minutes, presumbaly.
Zea: (To GM) rolling 1d100< 98 Working at the 2nd globe of daylight battery.
(
48
)
= 1 Successes
(To GM): 3rd battery successful. 120 ft range globe of daylight in a D-Cell battery when used in a flashlight. Requires 2 PPE to activate, 3 min duration.
Zea: (To GM) rolling 1d100< 95 prototype shoulder globe.
(
15
)
= 1 Successes
(To GM): Net effect of device: 3 PPE, Duration 30 minutes. Range: 6 ft rad / 12 diameter globe of daylight effect. When active, can pump in 3 more PPE for Flash of Light on all in range for 3 round blind. Standard save and limitations.
Zea: (To GM) rolling 1d100< 98 Shoulder Globe #2
(
66
)
= 1 Successes
(To GM): Net effect of device: 3 PPE, duration 30 minutes, range: 6 ft rad / 12 diameter globe of daylight effect.
Zea: (To GM) rolling 1d100< 98 Shoulder Globe #3
(
76
)
= 1 Successes
(To GM): Net effect of device: 3 PPE, duration 30 minutes, range: 6 ft rad / 12 diameter globe of daylight effect
(To GM): total cost: 5400 credits and ~21 hours of down time / work / effort.
Matt S.: rolling 3d6
(
2
+
4
+
1
)
= 7
rolling 1d4
(
1
)
= 1
rolling 1d4
(
2
)
= 2
rolling 1d4+1
(
4
)+1
= 5
rolling 1d100
(
52
)
= 52
rolling 1d100
(
6
)
= 6

Zea dances. “Mah-nama-nah.”
AJ B. (GM): alright so currently looks like Not, LED and Jace are here
so I ask those of you here whether you want to start now or postpone for the missing?
P.O.M: Up to everyone else
Zea: I am making noises at him.
He is not reacting.
AJ B. (GM): well I know Piko has been having issues with sleep.
Zea: yeah
AJ B. (GM): not sure where Jin is atm
Zea: I’d like everyone to be here, but we also kinda left off at a.. semi-good holding point, kinda.
Ambrose is busy not being dead, Jin is locked in a room..
Matt S.: I don’t even exist yet!
AJ B. (GM): lol
Zea: You are being assembled in the back of that dark ally.
P.O.M: General rule of thumb in most games I have been in is to loot and steal all the stuff of the people that don’t show up and leave them staked out in the desert naked…
Zea: We did that once, actually.
AJ B. (GM): well it sounds like currently the votes setting at wait and see where that stands at about 30 min from now. sound good?
P.O.M: Then when the players make it to the next session you tell them of this really weird dream that they had and that it is an omen that it may actually occur in the future…
30 min is fine with me will give me time to eat and wake up properly…
Zea: I’m cool with waiting, for sure.
Matt S.: I’m cool with that. It gives me more time to work on my sheet. I’m so far behind
Zea: I’ve got The Base running in the background, too. And its fine!
Both AJ and I would be happy to help.
The math on this stuff is crazy.
P.O.M: brb going to restart my computer…
Matt S.: I just don’t have room for all my skills
Zea: have open office?
AJ B. (GM): theres more skills on other pages
Matt S.: This sheet doesn’t account for Multiclassing
AJ B. (GM): or use the crazy sheet he’s designed
and you’re right it doesnt
Not built an open office spreadsheet because of that
Zea: https://www.dropbox.com/s/t5dq8h9jzeuzm8a/Fillable%20Sheet%20v3.ods?dl=0
Keep in mind, this is still the alpha
I’ve got a 700 line item database plus another combat skill calc page I need to import that will auto-calc out your combat bonuses.
Matt S.: Wow. Uh. This is nonsense
Zea: Are you using open office, or excel?
It WILL be nonsense in Excel.
Matt S.: What is Open Office
Zea: Open Office is a free, open source version of Microsoft Office.
It’s diffrent enough to not get sued.
Matt S.: By apache?
Zea: yep
Despite having a legit copy of Office 2013, I use open office because I would have to stand up to grab my 2013 CD.
Matt S.: I feel I should just abstain from playing until I remotely understand this system
Zea: Not at all.
This system is royaly screwed up.
Half of the reason I did these spreadsheets is so that I would understand it.
In general, we Role Play, rather then roll play.
A normal game with us has ~5 dice rolls a nice, total.
AJ B. (GM): your choice, I know the players are likely to find your character interesting, not gonna force you obviously lol
Zea: I also won’t lie: I haven’t updated my skill percentages in 4 levels.
I calc them out each time on the fly.
Matt S.: Interesting? It’s pure nonsense! I just picked what sounded the most awesome
Zea: …You mean that’s not how we’re saposta do it?
AJ B. (GM): and that’s how most rifts characters get built lol
Zea: Melo started out as “I want a throwaway character that I Don’t want to get too invested into. I’ll go with a sniper, who’s able to pull out pistols in a pinch.”
AJ B. (GM): in the most extreme scenario where the gm doesnt ban anything someone says “I want to play green lantern” and ends up as a cosmo knight lol

AJ B. (GM) has banned that class for being a rediculously powerful bullet magnet
Matt S.: It attracts bullets to itself?
AJ B. (GM): not by any game mechanic
it basically has the paladin code amped to 50
Matt S.: Oh
Zea: And then made impossible to follow.
Because FUCK YOU KEVIN!
AJ B. (GM): that tends to draw fire from Everyone who takes issue with you know wanting to live a normal life
the CK must “Protect All Life”
and it starts usually with around 1000 MD so hurting them means Killing anyone standing nearby
Matt S.: Oh my
P.O.M: carpet of adhesion + permanency rune from a diabolist… then just walk away
Zea: This is why we have made changes to the spell.
The Cosmo Knight would just keep walking.
P.O.M: not if you got its true name… it would only get a d20 save
Jacob R.: :3
P.O.M: The team mascot is here
Jacob R.: >>

Hoi Hoi Polloi grabs Ambrose and pets it and hugs it and feeds it and grooms it and dresses it in pink frilly dresses and loves it and plays dolls with it and I will call it Georgina
AJ B. (GM): lol, more like the concience of the group
pretty sure if this were the justice league Ambrose would be the Flash
Ambrose Betamax: Somehow I think Ambrose would probably go along with all that
Zea: I’m ready when you folks are.
AJ B. (GM): up to you guys, do we wait for Jin as well?
Ambrose Betamax: I’m happy either way
Hoi Hoi Polloi: Ambrose can attach strings to Jin’s character and move him around if we need him
P.O.M: …
Ambrose Betamax: I could do being john malkovich then
AJ B. (GM): ok so vote from the people here, play or wait, its been about half an hour and Piko has shown, Jin has not.
Ambrose Betamax: sorry bout that btw, family sent me to store
Zea: I am cool with playing; with a group of this size, I am ok with being down one person.
Ambrose Betamax: wow we have a real group now :O
Matt S.: I don’t know how well I’m gonna do if I don’t know if I’m wearing clothes or not. But I’m here.
P.O.M: If everyone is okay with it then so shall I be…
Ambrose Betamax: (Ambrose often just wanders around naked, he does fine)
Zea: We’ll presume clothes.
P.O.M: Everyone starts off with clothes… Even if you don’t your character would of been arrested upon entering the city for exposing itself in public and then given prison issue clothes
Zea: We’re all imagnitive people. A basic ’I’m an X’ and we can fill in the blanks until you fill them in for us.
Matt S.: GIANT LIZARD DON’T NEED NO STINKING CLOTHES
AJ B. (GM): Recap theatre time.
P.O.M: oh yeah don’t lizards keep their junk on the inside ?
Matt S.: Generally, yes
AJ B. (GM): Last time on “A desperate world”: Our heroes had yet another visitor show up at the Manor/safehouse. A rather insistant elf who seemed to be looking for someone. Although our heroes had not heard anything of the woman he sought they did offer him their hospitality by “allowing” him to stay there. While this went on our resident vampire hunter was busy with the doctor who treated Ambrose with surprising skill and ability.
Ambrose Betamax: (and regrew an organ, that’s a big one)
AJ B. (GM): (If no one objects we’ll skip things along to the next morning?)
P.O.M: already there in the next morning just waiting for the other players to catch up

Melo is cool with that. He’d have spent a good bit of time that night doing things.

Ambrose Betamax is properly awake and well now!
Matt S.: (ADVANCE!)

Hoi Hoi Polloi looks over the body of the doctor as he lies in an odd position and smiles at her handy-work
AJ B. (GM): As the sun rises on a new day there is the soft pitter patter of light rain on the roof tops. and the quiet peace of a day just beggining outside.

Ambrose Betamax wanders aimlessly about the house with his pets and Leah entourage
(From AJ B. (GM)): there is a message for you about a disturbance in the M-quarter and a big one at that.

Melo would, for once, be sleeping in. He’d been up late working out in the hangar. Morning would find him rising, showering, a bowl of cereal, and checking the console, muttering. Nope, one day of peace and quiet. That too much to ask?

Hoi Hoi Polloi retrieves her wooden stake and mallet and heads off to find communication device before heading off to find Ambrose
AJ B. (GM): Ambrose, your cat hops up on a table and starts rubbing on a crystal vase.
Ambrose Betamax: “Look out shrodinger, that looks fragile….”
(To GM): For sure checking messages for any details on the disturbance.
AJ B. (GM): Shrodinger hears the word fragile and begins batting at it.

Ambrose Betamax panics, grabs at shrodinger and probably ends up knocking the vase over as he does anyways
(From AJ B. (GM)): Vault states that Miss Polloi is at the gate on the radio as you see that there is some kind of issue with the shops being set up and the message seems to be from the Oracle and not actually Peacekeeper Command, stating there appears to be a riot between D-bees about to break out.
AJ B. (GM): Hoi you arrive at the gate to the Manor grounds and can see Vault patrolling them.

Melo types away at the terminal, muttering just a bit, stopping now and then to take a spoon full or two of corn flakes.
AJ B. (GM): Ambrose, roll me a d20 please.

Hoi Hoi Polloi walks into the compound and asks vault for the directions to Ambrose’s current whereabouts
Ambrose Betamax: rolling 1d20
(
13
)
= 13
(To GM): “Inquiry: Cause or demands made by population? Human or D-Bee’s starting the protests?”

Melo sighs just a bit. “Vault, Code Alpha 5-6.” He’d step away from the terminal before going to get his gear. “Ambrose, you up for some riot control?” He was worried about bringing the deer, but he was just as much worried about leaving him alone.
AJ B. (GM): Ambrose you managed to tilt the vase with your elbow stabilizing it just barely as shrodinger digs his claws into your arms.
Ambrose Betamax: "I suppose-oop, whoa, good save-suppose so, I want to -OW shrodinger that hurt you big meanie-get some exercise anyways.

Vault to Hoi “please wait while I ensure what the commander has authorized regarding information.”

Hoi Hoi Polloi replies “No need I can find him myself, come find me when you know where Ambrose is..”

Hoi Hoi Polloi wonders off in search of Ambrose
(From AJ B. (GM)): It seems some D-bees started it, details are sketchy but from what cameras caught, some of the shop owners appeared to be bringing in better product, and as they were unloading a Cyber Bruutasaur stumbled and caused some of it to be knocked away and others began stealing it, leading to the chain that eventually comes here.

Melo still didn’t trust Hoi. Too many alarm bells, far too much paranoia in his head. And he’s dealt with too many people that tend to go off half cocked. As far as he was concerned, he didn’t at all trust Hoi, let alone was he willing to let her on the grounds. That’d be a muttered ‘access denied’ as he was getting his gear on.
Vault: “Miss Polloi the commander has not given me any authorizations regarding your pressence if you attempt to move any farther I will be required to take action that may result in injury”

Melo would, after a few minutes of getting dressed, call out to Ambrose, “Suit up.” And he’d check the console, adding after a moment. “Riot control, likely will need you to help keep everyone calm.”

Ambrose Betamax puts on his most ostentatious armor. “Well alright, I am a pretty calming influence.”
AJ B. (GM): (roflmao, thing is he’s right, facepalming is amazingly calming)

Hoi Hoi Polloi looks at Vault.. “Refreshments are required if I am to wait”
Ambrose Betamax: (Does vault dispense tea?)

Vault is not programmed for that but will radio that back to Melo
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (Out of his nostrils… decaf only)

Vault does not have any kind of refreshment dispensers. Nor is he a butler. He’s a combat droid, who is just generally polite. “Presently, your request has been denied. The Commander has advised that he will be departing the premise shortly with Ambrose accompanying him.”

Hoi Hoi Polloi sighs “How rude…”

Ambrose Betamax gathers his weapons and makes sure to “un” polish them down to a dull shine so they don’t reflect his face.
AJ B. (GM): Once everyone is ready Melo and Ambrose come out of the Manor, Leah is tagging along though the pets are staying behind on this one.

Melo would somewhat begrudgingly wave at Hoi, up towards the massive bus of an APC. “Yo! Hurry it up, got shit to do, and fast.”

Ambrose Betamax waves merrily at Hoi. “Hay Hoi, how has the hoi—-uh, ing, been going?”

Hoi Hoi Polloi smiles at Ambrose “Just taking care of business with the doctor, much to my satisfaction”
Ambrose Betamax: “Oh, the doctor? How’s he doing?”

Hoi Hoi Polloi approaches Ambrose “Time to cure you of any remaining ailments”
Melo: “Vault. Load up. Riot control.” He’d be waiting at the door of the APC, attention turned to Hoi and the deer-bee. “And do that shit inside, we’ve got to move, and I don’t want it done out in the open.”
Hoi Hoi Polloi: “Oh the doctor… he was fine just fine…” insert awkward pauses
AJ B. (GM): Leah grins and smacks Ambrose’s shoulder saying “Tag you’re it.”
before running for the APC

Hoi Hoi Polloi glares at Melo “I was of course going to do it inside but I believe someone was rude enough to have me wait outside… You do not want me to do to you what I did to the doctor… it is far too exausting”

Ambrose Betamax instantly starts chasing to the APC, but freezes at the door, remembering how reflective it is in there.

Hoi Hoi Polloi walks into the APC and motions for Ambrose to follow

Ambrose Betamax follows slowly.

Melo would have pushed the deer-bee into the main transport part of the APC; its not exactly reflective. It’s actually flat tan and a bit of dull steel. The most reflective surfaces would have a light / dark reflection at best. It’s the cab, with all it’s high gloss, flashy displays and monitors that were reflective. When it came down to it, Vault was more reflective then the 30 ft long, 11 ft wide cavern of the APC’s transport area. “C’mon, you can stay in here. And how is the good doctor now?”
Ambrose Betamax: “oh..ok…”
AJ B. (GM): Leah wraps Ambrose in a hug. “I promise, if they ever try that again, I’ll drag his sorry ass back through the mirror and turn his antlers inside out for you.”

Hoi Hoi Polloi smiles maliciously at Melo

Hoi Hoi Polloi casually touches her shoulder before laying her hands upon Ambrose and begins combing his fur (and healing him all in 1)

Melo would have quite quickly vanished through one of the behemoth’s doors at the back of the transport area to the front of the beast, closing the massive air tight door behind him with a rather loud clang a moment later, leaving Vault with the others within the transport. Within a moment, a loudspeaker would simply blare, “Strap in folks. We’re moving.” Seconds later, the sound of the eight massive electric engines for the wheels roared to life, and the truck began to roll.
Hoi Hoi Polloi: “Ambrose tell me when you feel good enough that their is no pain”
AJ B. (GM): Alright, so driving through town in the rain its relatively easy to get through not many people choosing to be out and about. So without too much effort you make it down to the M-quarter and see not so much a riot as two seperate lynch mobs forming.
One appears to be gathered around a young female centaur wearing the top of a rather sharp suit. the other is forming around a (I’ll let Matt take it from there on description)

Ambrose Betamax replies after a few minutes. “Oh. It’s gone. How did you do that?”

Hoi Hoi Polloi smiles “My grooming skills knows no bounds or equal”

Ambrose Betamax takes this as a challenge. “oh yeah, well my makeup knowledge has actually killed a man.”

Hoi Hoi Polloi winks knowingly at Ambrose and places her fist out to Ambrose “Fist Bump”

Ambrose Betamax fistbumps.
AJ B. (GM): (alright full description will come later) for now you see a Huge lizard man with a few cybernetic parts in the midst of the lynch mob looking a bit unsure of whats going on.
Matt S.: (Sorry Guys, I haven’t had a lot of time to do the bits and bobs.)

Melo would do what he could to park the monster off to the side. In the M-Quarter, it likely took damn near the entire road, and part of the side walk. Being 24 ft wide kinda does that to a road. “End of the road folks. Vault, Alpha 3 protocols. Rest of you, two mobs, and we’re here to help quiet things down without hurting anyone.” would broadcast within the APC’s speakers as the rest of it powered down. In short order, he’d be found at a key pad, opening the side door and stepping out, rifle not with him, but pistols in their holsters and his mace on his belt, his helmet off. “Good morning folks..!” A hand lifted in an attention gathering wave.
Melo: (No problems! Role with it. nod Let this shape his personality?)
AJ B. (GM): (no worries, takes time to hash out details. *see every npc that has been written out down to eyecolor even if I expect them to be shot in the first 5 seconds lol)
As if of one mind both lynch mobs turn from their intended targets and look at Melo the way a lion looks at a limping gazelle.
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (I found a cool looking picture… http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/ninjago-fanon/images/2/28/Godzilla_Neo_MONSTER_X_by_GodzillaSamurai.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20140913022410 )
AJ B. (GM): (that is bad ass)
Ambrose Betamax: I’m gonna out-badass that drawing out of spite now :P
AJ B. (GM): (fucking sweet, I look forward to seeing it)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (I could try but all i have mastered is the art of the stick figure)
( http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2013/120/8/e/advanced_lizardman_by_riceandeggs-d63lx55.jpg )
Bharat looks at the little people gathering around him with a bit of confusion and a bit of worry. “Little peoples leave Bharat alone. Bharat not do nothing.” The titanic figure’s voice is as bass-like as a nearby thunderstorm and carries very far. One thing of note is the lizard man’s tail is an entirely mechanical construct, swinging smoothly through the air behind with barely a sound.

Ambrose Betamax exits the APC, still with some nerves going on from his mirrorland adventure, and takes whatever queues melo gives him.
Melo: “What seems to be the disturbance?” He’d be smiling as he casually approached the throng, hands at his sides and at ease.
AJ B. (GM): Grimgrin steps forward “Right now, its that You human are interfering in what is a strictly quarter affair. Please leave.” he states those last two words more then asks.
Ambrose Betamax: “Only one of us is human. Just saying.”
Hoi Hoi Polloi: “I didn’t know Melo wasn’t human”
Ambrose Betamax: “Oh, I guess two of us.”
Hoi Hoi Polloi: “It’s okay Ambrose, people usually confuse me for a Goddess which generally aren’t considered human”
AJ B. (GM): Grimgrin eyes the deerbee. “and how many rooms are in the house you life in Deerman?”
*live

Melo approached the D-Bee that could likely crush him in a single swing, “Hey now, I’m just here to make sure no one gets hurt, and honestly, I’m trying my damnedest to help make this a better place to live for everyone here, humans be damned. Besides, would you rather deal with having to put up with me being around, or the cops who shoot first and ask questions later?”
Ambrose Betamax: “Lotsa rooms! I’ve got my own room and everything.”
AJ B. (GM): “I would prefer human stench be kept out of Quarter affairs in general. However if it’s you or them I’ll settle for you. However Someone IS going to get hurt.”
Ambrose Betamax: (phew it’s storming pretty good here, my apologies if my net dies)
AJ B. (GM): The gorilla snorts and crosses two of his four arms. “thought so, you might as well be human little meal.”
Melo: “Alright, fine.” And he’d even offer his hand in that friendly hand shake gesture. “If someone gets hurt I’ll do what I can to prevent it and I’ll deal with it afterwards. Keeping the peace is what I gotta do, you know that. Now, who’s gonna be getting hurt aside from myself, and why?”
Ambrose Betamax: “…I dun like you. You’re a big jerk who has a double standard. So there.”

Melo just.. kinda stopped. And face palmed.

Hoi Hoi Polloi glares at Grimgrin… “How dare you speak to my owner like that..”
Melo: “Ambrose, I love you like a brother. But you really, really need to learn some tact.”
AJ B. (GM): At those words from Ambrose he chuckles “You live in this city too deerman.”
Ambrose Betamax: “But he’s acting just like the people he hates! Just cause I live in a different place than him he gets all mad…”
“also, owner?”
AJ B. (GM): “So long as you stay out of the way you won’t be hurt human. However” He points one thumb at the centaur “She is going to pay for hordeing food away from us.”
Ambrose Betamax: “..is that a centaur in a business suit?”

Hoi Hoi Polloi begins theatrically “Ever since you glanced at me with those big innocent eyes you have captured me… body and soul”

Ambrose Betamax gapes a bit at hoi."
AJ B. (GM): “It is for the time being.”
Leah growls low in her throat as her fur shimmers through a variety of poisonous and dangerous looking patterns
Ambrose Betamax: “uh, bbut uh…hmm. Leah, what do I do here?”

Melo turned his head to the centaur, “Two sides of the story. C’mon over, lets talk it out. Arnol get things moving faster then I expected?”
Ambrose Betamax: (as if Ambrose needed more things to stress him out lol)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: “Did he just imply that he will soon be removing the centaur’s clothing and errr… do unholy things to it?”
AJ B. (GM): Leah growls “You shut this down before I have to see how many bones she thinks you are worth.”

Hoi Hoi Polloi whispers to Ambrose you should call down Divine Punishment upon this unworthy Gorilla"

Melo also, looked straight on at the deer-bees and Hoi. “…Like I said, love you like a brother man, but I’m staying the hell out of this one. And remember Leah, he’s the one that asked me to pick up those flowers for you.”
Ambrose Betamax: “What? I just thought that I’d never seen a centaur in a business suit before. And uh… hoi…uh…Boy, you are intimidating. hi. Erm….”

Ambrose Betamax loses his fur color.
AJ B. (GM): Leah chuckles. “Ambrose can barely call down punishment on a cat for clawing the sofa. He’s far too sweet for it.”

Melo would actually take a step back, away from the deers and Hoi, and towards the throng of D-Bees. He’s safer over there.
AJ B. (GM): Grimgrin growls. “Fine human, we’ll do this your way on ONE condition, you leave and not interfere with our form of justice if you find them in the wrong.”

Ambrose Betamax watches melo go with a look of desperation in his eyes.
Hoi Hoi Polloi: “Ambrose you can always just ask the Gods of all that are cute and cuddly to intervene surely they will take offence at this crass creature?”
Bharat looks helplessly onward as he’s lost in the conversation.
Ambrose Betamax: “Oh, look a big robot lizard, lets go talk to him, he looks like a good esca-er, person to talk to.”

Melo would lift his hands in a bit of a defensive gesture, “I gotta follow the laws man. I can try and get ’em on the books, but I can only move so fast. Too much damned red tape.”
AJ B. (GM): “Your laws say you have to punish crimes you see. You leave and there is no problem. We all know how this works.”

Ambrose Betamax is terrefied at the moment, there are two women and at least one of them will be hell hath no furying. oh dear.
Melo: “Or that get reported. ‘Sides man, its the spirit of the laws that’re important. That’s one of those things that the cops have wrong. They’re too close to the letter. Tons of shades of gray, y’know? And hell, if someone IS in the wrong, I’m willing to do what I can to make sure reperations’re taken care of.”
AJ B. (GM): The centaur seems more calm without the lynch mob aimed at her and she gets up and moves up towards you though keeping out of Grimgrins reach.

Hoi Hoi Polloi winks at Ambrose
AJ B. (GM): “I presume you are Peacekeeper Melo?”
Leah glares at Hoi
Ambrose Betamax: (wasn’t this a thing between :eah and hoi?)
(That’s mostly what Ambrose is panicked about. he kind of forgot about the gorilla :P)

Melo nodded, “Yes Ma’am.” He’d be keeping near Grimgrin, and within the D-Bee’s reach. Matter of trust and good faith.
Ambrose Betamax: “what gorilla-oh that one.”
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (Hoi Hoi is angry that the gorrilla was being mean to Ambrose)
Ambrose Betamax: (poor ambrose)
(And I think leah is mad cause you are proclaiming love for her man :P)

Ambrose Betamax looks at the gorilla with the biggest cutest eyes he can manage.
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (oh Hoi Hoi was just saying that you own her… Like a pet owns its owner… or in this case an owner owning a pet that isnt a pet but a humanoid monster slayer)
Ambrose Betamax: (Hell, we’ve had such a conversation he might have left already :P)
Bharat: “Can Bharat leave now? Bharat have things to do.” The big bruutasaur asks, becoming slightly less confused and slightly more irritated as the rain keeps spattering on his head in little drops.
AJ B. (GM): The centaur nods. and yells at Bharat “Most definitely not you clumsy oaf! get that oversized overcompensating tail over Here.”
“Alright Melo, if I may call you that, we recently had a windfall of good fortune that I’m assured you know of.” Grimgrin growls “Whored yourself to your oppressors is more like it.”

Melo glanced over.. And then up at Bharat. Y’know, for being the shortest one here, he was displaying an amazing amount of confidence among a number of people that could kill him. “Yeah. I suggested they offer it to anyone who had a good business plan. That includes you, y’know,” a comment made to Grimgrin, “No whoring out or anything required aside from maybe some paperwork. A hand up and all that.”
Bharat grumbles, the sound more like a growl and walks over to where the centaur lady was standing, pushing people slightly less than nicely to the side as he walked. “What is it you want?”
AJ B. (GM): “I want the entire crate of fresh fruit you sent out into the street back. But failing that I want to make sure you don’t get to cause such a problem a second time.”
Grimgrin shrugs at Melo. “Somehow I doubt its as good as you make it sound. Humans don’t care about us, if they did we wouldn’t still be here.”
Bharat: “You lost the fruit. Not my fault you can’t protect.”
Melo: “Eh. I’m working on the housing issues. Arnol’s dealing with the paperwork and finances for getting some homes built for anyone that wants them. Yeah, this isn’t going to be perfect, but I can only turn things around so fast. At least we’ve got power now, right?” And then back to the Centaur and Bharat, “So what happened? How much was lost? What’d he do?”
AJ B. (GM): She splutters and her eyes flare. "It was in a crate and “protected” until YOUR tail knocked it over."
She turns to Melo. “20 fresh blood oranges and 50 Durians.”
Bharat: “Rotten fruit.”
AJ B. (GM): She gapes and growls “Tasteless Cretin”
Melo: “Well, that explains the smell…How the hell’d you get Durians out here? And they’re not rotten, they smell like that when they’re split open.”
Bharat: “Stink like carcass!”

Melo likely woulda reacted quite a bit differently to coming out without his helmet had he known Durians were involved.

Hoi Hoi Polloi jokingly hands Ambrose a wooden mallet and tells him that it is Thors Hammer and that anyone who wields it can control lightning…
AJ B. (GM): “Hell if I know how they got them, I don’t ask questions when someone tells me they can get the supplies I need and just wants 5% profits until their investment is repaid. and That smell wouldn’t even be here had they not been taken and someone decided to eat them now.”
Leah looks at the hammer then back at Hoi. “Really, then why not use it yourself?”
Hoi Hoi Polloi: “I prefer guns”
“Big guns that shoot lightning…”

Ambrose Betamax looks nonplussed. Nonminused too.
Bharat: “No profit in stink fruit. Saved time.”
AJ B. (GM): “Stupid metal dinosaur does not understand wealthy people.”
Hoi Hoi Polloi: “Why not try it out on me, only the chosen one can wield it” as Hoi Hoi snickers
Melo: “Yeah.. but..” A sigh and a headshake. “Fuck’n hell. Durians? Alright, fine. As much as I gotta agree with Bharat here, it also explains the smell in a few other parts of town, so they’re likely something that would sell.” And he’d shake his head, “Ok, and I’m guessing a number of people were witnesses to what happened, yeah? Bharat, you break the crate intentionally?”

Melo just.. seems a bit incredulous about the specific fruits.
Bharat: “Stupid horse lady sells stupid fruit to stupid people!” He stomps his foot on the ground, shaking it under the force of his weight and strength.

Hoi Hoi Polloi looks at Ambrose expectantly
AJ B. (GM): Leah shrugs and says “Oh go ahead Ambrose, she’s literally asking for it.”

Ambrose Betamax looks a little annoyed. he returns the hammer to Hoi.

Hoi Hoi Polloi begins to sweat and look nervous..

Hoi Hoi Polloi jumps and ducks behind the gorilla

Melo moved a step to help keep his balance at the stomp, "Hey..! Careful there! And she’s not stupid just because she’s trying to cater to clients with different tastes. “Can tell you right now I wouldn’t buy one myself, but still, they are her property, and if people want to buy them, they’re welcome to. As it stands, still need a yes or no, though.” And he’d be looking directly up at the robotic lizard, “Did you or did you not break the crate intentionally?”
AJ B. (GM): “Ok he’s right on the last part, most of the rich are quite stupid to eat something that smells like a corpse. Still it was a lot of my money and is going to slow down my business immensely.”
Bharat: “What point in breaking fruit crate?”

Melo nods once, “Grimgrin, you witness what happened?”
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (nevermind I thought he pointed it at me… not returned it)

Hoi Hoi Polloi accepts the hammer and shrugs
AJ B. (GM): He nods. “Bharat there was walking, She left her grate outside on the street. His tail swung as most tails are wont to do, and her crate got busted. Then a mad dash to collect food that was spilled onto the ground.”

Melo nods, and turned his attention to the centaur, “True?”

Hoi Hoi Polloi interjects “How much was the fruit worth?”
AJ B. (GM): She shrugs “I was unpacking another crate at the time. I turned back at the sound of wood splintering to see much of it gone. At least 500 grand of credits.”
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (500,000 credits for 20 oranges and 50 durans ?)
Bharat: (Fresh fruit must be a rarity)
AJ B. (GM): (transporting shit across the ocean in rifts through any manner is begging for trouble)
Melo: (Durians’re imported from off continent, in a world where shipping the classic way is highly difficult and expensive, or done via the use of rifts, also highly dangerous)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (I’d believe it if they were mangos )
Melo: (They’re imported from Asia. nod AKA, hell on earth)
AJ B. (GM): (yeah theres honestly a lot of factors at play here)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: “Look on the bright side, they only asked for 5% of the profits… 5% of nothing is nothing”
“Technically you have not lost any money…”

Melo had to whistle. “..Fuck. Explains how you got them. Alright, so we’ve got claims of a single 20B and as many as 70 cases of 14B’s.” Yep. class B, citizens. A heavy sigh followed. “What he’s done is a minor offence by city law. The issue is with the rest of the residents that ate the product.”
AJ B. (GM): The centaur shrugs “sounds like one of your grey areas. none of them could have eaten them had he not destroyed the crate.”
Bharat: “Crate no get broken if you take care of it.”
AJ B. (GM): She glares at Bharat "It was on the sidewalk in front of my store front where any normal person would have been able to avoid it.
"

Melo nods. “Yeah. The issue is they opted to eat them, rather then helping to recover and return them when the opportunity presented itself.” And a shrug, “Stuff has to get unpacked somewhere, so you’re still at fault, even if accidental.” Oh the joys of law. “But I can’t hold him accountable for the theft.”
Bharat: “Trying having tail instead of mop. Then talk about normal.”

Melo turned to Grimgrin, “And I hate to say it, but I can’t charge her for hoarding food. They’re legitimate goods for sale. I know you’re likely going to think poorly of me for asking this, but why didn’t you try and help her recover her goods, or ask people not to have a feast on property that wasn’t their’s? You’re one of the community’s leaders man. I need you to help set an example if we’re going to help fix this city.”
AJ B. (GM): “All I really want is for him to be out of the area while those of us With some ambition get unpacked. Is there Any chance you can help make that happen. The others are rather set on just making sure he’s never an issue again and are against me in that regard.”
Grimgrin laughs heartily and slaps his knees with all four hands.
“My people are offered fresh fruit for the first time that many of them can ever remember having it and you want me to tell them “No, that belongs to the humans because they can afford it” Tell me how many times have you been hit in the head?"
Bharat: “What if Bharat crush thieves? Then Bharat can leave?”
AJ B. (GM): The centaur seems to be thinking it over and Grimgrin looks concerned and shifts to a defensive stance.
Hoi Hoi Polloi: “Hmm… Any chance Bharat knows who the thieves are? Perhaps catching them may help…”

Hoi Hoi Polloi mutters under her breath “and then selling them to regain the profit…”

Hoi Hoi Polloi coughs to cover up what she muttered
Melo: “Fresh fruit that smells like a dead body. I sure as hell can’t fault them for the oranges, but the durians? Shit man..” And a headshake. “Frankly, yes. I expect you to tell them to return them, not because humans can afford it, but because it isn’t their property. I’m not gonna lie, you guys are getting a raw deal out of this, but we can’t improve the community and show that you guys are a valued part of the city without getting humans willing to come to the quarter, and what more, she’d be selling fruit that smells like shit to stupid humans willing to pay an arm and a leg to buy it! That’s money going into her pocket! Money that can then let her start buying things from other people around here, and put money in their pockets. We gotta start somewhere!”
“So by not standing up for her rights, by telling everyone that its ok to steel from one another, you’re making everyone else look like the human’s opinons’re right!” He’d even be making frustrated hand gestures, “They’re counting on you for leadership. To show them what the right thing is.”
AJ B. (GM): Grimgrin begins pacing one set of arms behind his back and the other set of hands tapping at the air as if he can poke a hole in your logic through sheer physical force.
Bharat: “Thieves run like scurry rats. Bharat no know where.”

Melo looked to the Centaur, “You want him,” A head would jerk towards Bharat, “Gone so you can finish unpacking. You’d like the rest of the crowd to disburse so you can finish setting up shop and open your doors, and you’re willing to eat the loss and hope that Arnol and his backers are willing to let it go, right? Or do you want to start pressing charges?”
AJ B. (GM): The centaur shook her head. “Aside from not being lynched for being pissed about setting up shop, you have it correct.”
Bharat: “You pay Bharat. Bharat shoo little peoples away.” He said that very quickly, his somewhat sluggish brain catching instantly onto the chance of his own profit.
AJ B. (GM): She shakes her head and stomps her hoof in disgust.

Melo nods, then turned his attention to Grimgrin, “Alright. And you want to be a leader for your people, right? You want to actually help them in the long term, not just the here and now, the consequences be damned, right? Then Lead Them Into A Better Future. If the humans weren’t here, how would YOU want to address someone trying to set up a legitimate business in your city, and having this happen to them? And we’ll see if we can find you some work Bharat. Hell, I might even be able to offer you a job once this is taken care of.”
AJ B. (GM): Grimgrin is still attempting to poke holes in your logic by jabbing at the air, but at your words he turns to you and growls. “I still want revenge, but you’re right. For wahtever my own issues may be with your kind doing this to each other is not what we should be about.” He turns towards the crowd, thumps his chest and roars. A few D-bees come up and place Durians and a couple blood oranges back in. total of 8 Durians and 4 blood oranges. The rest of the D-bees disperse afterwards.

Melo nods, standing aside as people return some of the produce, hopefully intact. “It’s a start. Best kind of revenge’ll be proving the humans wrong, and making this part of town more successful then where the Admins live. You’re a damn good man Grimgrin. You’ve got a lot of people counting on you to lead them, and I can only help so much. This,” And he’d wave a hand to indicate the centaur, “Is one of the ways I’m trying to help. Talk to her after she’s set up shop. Get her thoughts on the matter and her opinion of the humans that’re trying to help out. Better yet, help decide who is in the most dire need of help with their homes. Arnol’s working to help set up actual homes, rather then the shanties we’ve got out here now. Talk with him, let him know who needs the help. And be a true leader, put other people first, yeah?” He’s already worried of corruption, but.. this is a start.

Melo would then turn to Bharat. “And as for you, you up for some contract work outside the city with the rest of this motley crew and me?”
Bharat: “Bharat capture outlaws for profit?”
Ambrose Betamax: (profitttsssss)

Melo cracked a bit of a smile, “More likely smash and burn, but close enough.”
Bharat: “Bharat do that too.”

Melo turned to Hoi. “Your contract Ma’am. Think he’ll fit the bill?”

Hoi Hoi Polloi ponders for a bit then replies “His intelligence and attitude seem ample enough for the job”
Hoi Hoi Polloi: “Baharat you willing to work for me?”
AJ B. (GM): (7 ft tall heavily tattooed female muscular human, wearing clothes apparently made from leaves)
Bharat: “You pay Bharat?”
Hoi Hoi Polloi: “Payment will be arranged dependent on how well you preform at the task”
Ambrose Betamax: “I thought melo was the leader.”
Bharat: “Half up front.”
Hoi Hoi Polloi: “To simplify the more bad people you kill that we tell you to kill the more money you make”

Melo headshakes with a smile at Ambrose, “She’s footing the bill. If she’s paying our contract, she gets to approve anyone we bring on board.”
Ambrose Betamax: “oh, right.”
“Leah, our boss has the hots for me, what do I do?”
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (Didn’t Cocktrice loan you out to me?)
Bharat: “… Bharat kill horse lady?”
Melo: “Nuuuu! No kill horse lady.”
Ambrose Betamax: “Can I keep the horse lady?”

Hoi Hoi Polloi contemplates for a bit then begins to nod before shaking her head

Melo still needs to work out the contract; he’s kinda sorta on task for the city, in a non-spoken sort of way.
AJ B. (GM): Leah smacks Ambrose in the head “You’re taken, and if she doesn’t believe me, I and her skeletal system will discuss the fact”
Ambrose Betamax: “ok, that means we can totally have sex sometime right?”
(lol)
(Ambrose is a little wierd)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: “All payments are made after the mission is completed and profits are awarded on a merit basis, in the event of your death the money will be used for your funeral if your body can be found”
Ambrose Betamax: (well I guess this is the most normal he’s ever been :P)

Hoi Hoi Polloi smiles at Ambrose and Leah “I believe the back seat of the APC is free and that it is sound proof enough to be used for the purpose of mating”

Melo would likely spend a few more minutes talking with Grimgrin, to try and repair damage he likely had done to the ape’s opinion of him. followed by “No fucking around in the reactors!”
Bharat: “If Bharat dead, everyone else dead for long time.”

Hoi Hoi Polloi smiles and pats Bharat on the back and introduces him to Vault “I seriously doubt that”

Vault had been standing stationary beside the front and side of the APC. There wasn’t much of a threat, it was just present for backup.
Bharat: “Bharat crush robot?”
Hoi Hoi Polloi: “Bharat this is vault… vault this is Bharat, I am unsure but I assume he is named vault cause he carries treasure inside”
Bharat: “Bharat get treasure?”
Vault: "Negative. My full designation is V4I_IL7-328A4I-6BQ8, NEMA issue Combat Droid. The Commander has taken to shortening my designation to “Vault” for convenience."
Hoi Hoi Polloi: “Are you trying to say Vault if we took what was inside you and sold it, it would not be worth a lot of money?”
Vault: “Affirmative. Attempts to remove my internal components would render them inoperable and expose all in range to a lethal dose of radiation.”
Hoi Hoi Polloi: “Oh so your internal components are worth nothing”
AJ B. (GM): Leah shifts her fur pattern to white and answers Ambrose’s question. “Sure, so long as I can do the same with any handsome things we find along the way too.”
Leah yells over to Hoi “Sure they are, you just have to value ending life.”

Hoi Hoi Polloi glances at Bharat “It seems there is treasure inside but it may require an expert to extract”
Ambrose Betamax: (does leah know he means with her?)
Bharat: “Or break robot and throw.”
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (I also assumed Ambrose wanted to have sex with leah hence why I said they backseat of the APC was free >_>)
Ambrose Betamax: (and it was more a general statement than like, now :P)

Vault is, in general, impassive of the whole affair. “Please be aware, actions taken to cause physical damage to me will be met with with lethal force.” The droid’s head didn’t even turn, words just spoken with that robotic, ever polite tone.
Hoi Hoi Polloi: “It’s up to your Bharat, if you wish to try to take on this robot and get the treasure”
AJ B. (GM): (Leah’s actually only partially functional, that last batch of Crash was not the smartest thing she ever did)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: “But he may come in handy later on against the enemies”

Melo sighs. “Bharat, don’t break the robot if you want to get paid.”
AJ B. (GM): (so nope she kind of is confused about who Ambrose meant.)
Ambrose Betamax: “you know I mean with you, right?”
Hoi Hoi Polloi: …“It seems like Melo has just implied he is the one going to pay you”
Melo: “No, I just implied that you’ll be paying for his repairs if he breaks him, and you’ll be looking for some new contractors.”
AJ B. (GM): Leah shakes her head. and her fur turns light pink “Oh, umm well sure we can at some point.”
Ambrose Betamax: “Yay!”
Bharat shrugs at the sudden turn of employers. “Bharat just want to get paid.” He looks between Melo, the robot and Hoi, trying to see which one will confirm who’s going to be paying him.
Hoi Hoi Polloi: “Are you implying that I am commanding him to attack the robot? I only hired him to fight my enemies what he does in the meanwhile is in no part sponsored by me”
Melo: “Implying? No. Stating that you are currently encouraging him to attack a kill bot to get at imaginary treasure inside his chest, yes.”
Hoi Hoi Polloi: “I did not know that stating facts could be construed as encouragement? Leah confirmed that the contents and components within Vault are worth a lot of money”
“And I did tell the Bharat that it would be best not to break the robot since he would be of use against our enemies”
Bharat: “Bharat better than robot.”

Hoi Hoi Polloi nods and pats Bharat “True”

Vault just shakes his head. “Either of you try and break him, and I’ll break you if he doesn’t beat me to it.”
Melo: (That was Melo. Woo fails)

Hoi Hoi Polloi shrugs “Your rude outburst and assumptions are noted”
Bharat: “Bharat say bring it on little man.”
Hoi Hoi Polloi: “We need him for the mission Bharat with more people the more we will the greater the profits”
(more we will kill)

Melo glanced down for a moment to bite his tongue, then back at the pair. “Think we’ll be going our separate ways after this contract.” Nope, he wasn’t going to incite violence in the city. Not with civilians in range.
Hoi Hoi Polloi: “I was thinking the same thing, people are usually not so rude to their employers, it tends not to be good for business. And your assumptions were borderline rude considering that only facts were spoken about the value of Vault… I was only stating to Bharat that if he wanted to he could attack the robot but that he should not since we need him for the fight”
Melo: “Yeah, well, you’re doing a damn fine job of building trust in your unit by encouraging infighting.”
Bharat: “… We outside though?”
AJ B. (GM): Leah pipes up. “Most people don’t use the word treasure when referring to internals of anything that Might be sentient and take offense”

Hoi Hoi Polloi shrugs “Apparently you are hard of hearing, I was stating that he could attack anything if he wanted to but it would be wise not to…”
Hoi Hoi Polloi: “Since he is required for the fight, that would be the equivalent of me telling you not to do your peacekeeping job cause you were hired by me… You are free to do as you wish I can only tell you why you should or should not do an action”
Melo: “All in the way the words’re used, ma’am. I heard what you said quite clearly.” And with that, he’d head back towards the APC; the mobs were cleared after all. “Ambrose, Leah, if you want a ride back home, hop in. Vault, stand down.”

Ambrose Betamax hops in
Hoi Hoi Polloi: “I’m sure you heard only what you wished to…”

Vault thankfully, is an emotionless droid, and thus unperturbed by the conversations at hand. Into the APC with the clanking.

Hoi Hoi Polloi looks at Bharat “Would you mind accompanying me while we scout out the area our foe is suspected to be in?”
Bharat: “Ok.”
AJ B. (GM): Leah follows suit and hops into the APC.

Hoi Hoi Polloi looks at the others “The rest of you are free to come scout with us, the threat is serious and what you were hired for… But just like Bharat here you are free to do what you wish I can only state your options”

Hoi Hoi Polloi gives a wry smile “Misconstrue that as you wish”
Ambrose Betamax: “Uh…what exactly did you hire us for again?”
(Ambrose I believe was trapped in mirror world at the time)
AJ B. (GM): (yeah he was, all he’s gotten was something to do with squirt guns)

Melo would have likely missed the invite; he’s got prep to do himself. Several long minutes would be spent moving the APC out of the streets (Behold the power of computer controls and multi-directional cameras for driving!) before simply heading off. As for the deer’s questions, he still didn’t trust Leah enough to disucess such things with her around. A quick trip to the hospital would likely be in order, however. “I’ll fill you in in private Ambrose.”
AJ B. (GM): (for all he knows you were hired for a childrens party to run a water war lol)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (awesome idea, is that something the humans would hire people for?)
Ambrose Betamax: (Ambrose would prefer a nerf gun)
AJ B. (GM): (the rich might rent some kind of service to supply and semi organize that yeah)
(rich people buy houses for their dogs, and I do mean fully working houses including kitchens, which confuses me to NO end
)

Hoi Hoi Polloi turns around and looks at Bharat “With any luck we may find a way to deal with the threat ourselves, Melo seems reluctant to do the work he was hired for and has an arbitrary approach to how to dispense justice”
(To GM): For what its worth, Melo would likely check on the doc at the hospital to make sure he’s alright before getting back to work on the devices he needs to make.

Hoi Hoi Polloi leads the way out of town knowing all to well that what she said would of probably meant nothing to the Bharat
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (unless Bharat is only playing dumb which would be epic)
(From AJ B. (GM)): Doc is actually fine and unless you intend more then check he’s there and fully intact gonna call that good. or going to talk to him?
Bharat just stares blankly at his completely nameless employer, following her as she leads the great lizard through the city.

Hoi Hoi Polloi takes out a notebook and writes… Note to self for leisure organize a water war and nerf gun fight with the children she meet yesterday and invite Ambrose and Leah along for the fun
(To GM): He’s alive, and beyond irrational paranoia and a deep distrust of Hoi, he has no grounds on witch to bother the doctor unless anyone else seems worried about him. Otherwise, back to the house to fill in Ambrose on the goings on, and get back to work.
AJ B. (GM): Alright so, you’re heading about 15 miles outside the city right?
Hoi Hoi Polloi: about that far
Bharat: Bharat will complain more than once you are slow.
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (what is your speed ?)
Bharat: (35)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (34 here so you are correct I am slightly slower)
AJ B. (GM): Alright so the area you end up is that right side rocky canyon with the odd tower.
Bharat: (I can also double my running speed for 1d4 minutes at a time)
Melo: (34 is 23 mph for what its worth)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (35 is 24mph)
Bharat: (And 35 is 24)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (can I tell the general direction the Vampires are in ?)
Bharat: (VAMPIRES?)
Melo: (Mmhmm.)
AJ B. (GM): There are lots of holes and crevices and places someone could hide. unfortunately not really, because your sense is informing you that there are some above and below and basically scattered about in this area.
Bharat: “Lots of rocks.”
(To GM): Insert cluing Ambrose in on vampires and trying to teach him how to use the flashlight here.
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (Since I can sense them with a 1000ft I will circle around until I can no longer sense them and try to triangulate the area they are within)
AJ B. (GM): After a while of working your way around you’ve got a pretty clear concept of where they are now.
Hoi Hoi Polloi: I tell Bharat about the vampires we are hunting

Hoi Hoi Polloi turns to Bharat “There is a large nest of vampires out here… and we are to stop them before they grow in large enough numbers to take over Melbourne”
Bharat: “Ok. You want Bharat use eye to find vampires?” He points to his obviously bionic eye with a clawed finger

Hoi Hoi Polloi is surprised and mutters “clever girl” an obvious Jurassic park parody (Hoi Hoi is a thousand years old…)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: “What can your eye do Bharat”
Bharat: “Lots of things. Is telescope. Microscope. Uh… Heat vision, See in the dark, Bharat could do that already. Targetty thingy.”
Hoi Hoi Polloi: “Can you see through the rock and check to see if you can detect any signs of creatures bellow, I am unsure if they radiate heat but it is worth a try”

Hoi Hoi Polloi shows Bharat to place where he senses the most Vampires
Bharat blinks and squints as his artificial eye switches to thermal imaging.
Bharat: “Ten.” Bharat says, pointing up at the tower.
(Only where she pointed, of course!)

Hoi Hoi Polloi nods thanks Bharat, “hmm only 10 this is much less than expected can you scan the other areas I point out and see if you can detect any signs there”

Hoi Hoi Polloi points out the direction of the other areas he has detected a vampire presence
Bharat: (Awwww.)
“Ok.” Bharat follows the pointing finger to count out the vampire hordes that surely lurked all around them.

Hoi Hoi Polloi praises Bharat “You are the most intelligent, insightful and useful person I have ever had the honor to meet on this planet”
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (I activate my supernatural strength tattoo and snap the neck of the creature to my left out of jealousy)
(joke, I do not kill the afk elf)
Bharat: “More than six hands of vampires.” Bharat says, perhaps leaving you wondering what he meant before he holds up his own four-fingered hand.

Hoi Hoi Polloi counts along with Bharat to get an accurate count
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (have to go sadly )
Melo: (We’re right at our normal stopping time right now, actually)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (will catch up with everyone next week)
Bharat: (Yeah, I should have been in bed half an hour ago)
AJ B. (GM): (yeah is time to call it.)
Zea: Lots of fun tonight. Sorry about the boring part at the start with the defusing things.
Bharat: I’m sorry I caused such an argument with so few words!
Ambrose Betamax: (yup, just about bedtime for me)
Zea: That said, tonight is April 16th, 2015. EXP is about to be given.
Ambrose Betamax: I wasn’t able to add my xp last time cause reformat, can I add that tonight as well?
AJ B. (GM): sure, its in the here somewhere
Zea: Ambrose, you had 350 last session
Ambrose Betamax: thanks
AJ B. (GM): Ingame Timestamp Aug 26th lets say 11 am.
Ambrose Betamax: (am?)
AJ B. (GM): 400 base exp tonight.
Zea: Yep. Still morning.
AJ B. (GM): (in game time that was actually pretty short)
Ambrose Betamax: Oooh ingame :P
AJ B. (GM): (yeah, I’ve got some time sensitive plot stuff running in the background)
an extra 75 for Ambrose and Bharat
an extra 100 for both Melo and Hoi
Ambrose Betamax: thanks for a good session ^
AJ B. (GM): thanks for playing, was a hell of a lot of fun
Ambrose Betamax: :D
Zea: (To GM) rolling 1d6 level 6 hp
(
2
)
= 2
Zea: (To GM) rolling 2d6 Level 6 PPE
(
6
+
4
)
= 10
Zea: (To GM) rolling 1d4+1 Level 6 ISP
(
4
)+1
= 5
AJ B. (GM): Hiya P.O.M. how goes?
P.O.M: tired, but thus far all is good. Sorry i had to leave the game suddenly last session had someplace to get to fast and impatient people to cater to…
Zea: No problems at all! Right then was actually our normal end time.
AJ B. (GM): no worries, “crits happen”
Zea: You got your EXP gains from above, yeah?
P.O.M: Will add them now
Zea: Cool. I’m really looking to seeing how this all plays out.
Also, really, really sorry I haven’t gotten all of the combat rules ‘n stuff typed up yet. I got side tracked with going in order.
AJ B. (GM): alright, you lot, wait for Jace’s arrival or have him autofollow Hoi?
Zea: My vote is waiting for 30ish or so.
P.O.M: The city A.I will posses vault… A.I wearing vault will kill Hoi Hoi and wear her skin… the A.I wearing vault wearing Hoi Hoi wielding Bharat will kill the rest of the party except for Ambrose whom will be worn as a very effective shield… This uber creation will walk into the Dreamtime and pull out a big sink like plug causing a rift to form sucking all of Australia into the dreamtime ushering in a new era for rifts…
Jacob R.: oh dear.
P.O.M: So far that is my guess to how things will play out… But thats just me being conservative
Zea: ha
AJ B. (GM): Thank God the vampire hunters don’t care about the giant frog
P.O.M: Does this giant frog secret hallucinogenic chemicals from its poison sacks ?
Zea: No, but the eyeballs of a Bunyipp do.
AJ B. (GM): he is correct on both counts
the giant frog lives at the bottom of Australias inland ocean and is waiting to grow big enough to drink all the planets water
for some reason Kevin believes that would end all life on the planet
little confused seeing as theres a bunch of create water spells/variants
everyone who refuses magic even in the face of certain death dies yeah
so the CS probably is obliterated
P.O.M: Couldn’t someone just poke a needle at the frog and cause it to explode ?
AJ B. (GM): After it drank or before?
P.O.M: after
AJ B. (GM): no idea, has never studied frogs that much
P.O.M: a frog without water would eventually dry out and die
AJ B. (GM): wonder if that applies to greater demon/minor deity frogs lol
P.O.M: probably not lol
those tend to be immune to common sense
Zea: Replace “Those” with “Rifts” and your statement is correct.
That said, did you know that a 3 inch thick rope made of natural fibers can pull nearly 33 tons?
P.O.M: If this was DnD I would planeshift the frog into the elemental plane of water and watch it cry…
AJ B. (GM): lol
Ambrose Betamax: How could you tell if it was crying?
P.O.M: oh wait water elementals exist so it could work in rifts
hmm… tears of anguish and despair have a different flavor
it would probably cry blood
AJ B. (GM): ok that’s the 30 minute mark, so votes for another delay, autofollow or what?
Ambrose Betamax: Either way ^

Zea: Eh.. Hoi, your call
P.O.M: hmm…
auto follow I guess
AJ B. (GM): Alrighty then. Quick recap
Last time on the Adventures of Looney and the menagerie. Melo talked down a couple of lynch mobs before heading home to work on some projects for their current contract. Even though he and Hoi had a rather intense disagreement over leadership methods. Meanwhile Hoi took on an additional contractee a cybernetic dinosaur and went to recon the vampires likely location.
Ambrose Betamax: And Ambrose was there too!
AJ B. (GM): (Indeed he was, and has managed to beome the flag in a tug of war of the hearts or so it seems)
(Im honestly not sure if either of the girls actually have a heart, one has put a gun to Ambrose’s head and the other arguably tried to get Vault turned to scrap)
Ambrose Betamax: (scary)
P.O.M: (Hoi Hoi was just stating the obvious… she did say that she would prefer it is Bharat didn’t turn vault into treasure cause we may need him)
AJ B. (GM): (anyhow,) Bharat is following Hoi’s lead on this now, it’s drizzling and there is a light blue haze seeming to be visible through the rain.
Hoi Hoi Polloi: “Bharat what does your optics detect in the firection of that light blue haze”
(direction*)
Bharat Shakes his head “Bharat eye see only color and couple of groups of vampires.” He goes to the edge of the canyon and looks over. “Color seems to go all the way down big ditch.” he kicks a stone into the canyon.
AJ B. (GM): Ignore vampire
*cold bodies

Hoi Hoi Polloi motions to Bharat to stay and activates her boots and touches her fly tattoo and flys off to see in better detail the geography of the area
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (looking for any rivers that may be diverted into the canyon)
AJ B. (GM): No rivers, big dry desert, canyon is a large ditch with various holes at different heights on the walls. The most water you see is the occassional puddle on a rock from this drizzle, most of it however hits the sand and evaporates. (how far do you intend to fly though?)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (the maximum 4000 ft)
(can fly at 50 mph +10 mph per level so I assume 80 mph)
AJ B. (GM): (alright so yeah all thats accurate, less then a mile there is nothing that could be diverted into the area in that distance)
Bharat sits on the edge of the canyon tossing rocks into various caves

Hoi Hoi Polloi fly’s back down having completed her scouting and turns off her boots and then tells Bharat that it is time to return and plan ahead
Hoi Hoi Polloi: “Bharat, we must go back and prepare for battle. Special weapons are needed for us to kill this enemy… Weapons of Silver as well as other things”
Bharat: “Bharat needs no special weapons Bharat is Stronger then weak punies”
P.O.M: (NooOoOOo… Don’t tempt me to send Bharat into the caves to prove him wrong)
Bharat: (well technically all he’s seen/knows is you’re hunting humans who don’t radiate heat. that could just be corpses)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: “Hmm… Bharat without silver anything you do to these enemies will not harm them I’ve seen Giants punch these things and they would get up without a scratch… Bharat do you know what vampires are?”
Bharat seems to think hard. “Fanged punies, fear daylight, attack like cowards. Bharat does not know weakness of cowardly fanged punies.” He crosses his arms and looks back towards the city, taking a moment to spit down into the canyon with disgust before moving back towards Melbourne.
Leah Razortongue: “Hey Betamax, wanna come have some fun with me?”

Ambrose Betamax exitedly follows Leah.

Hoi Hoi Polloi follows Bharat and on the way explains in great detail what would be needed to fight the vampire menace and then states “Bharat don’t tell anyone else about the vampires we don’t want to cause a panic or let anyone else in on this, if they take care of the vampires we won’t get our money…”

Leah Razortongue leads Ambrose into the basement and turns the special wine bottle that opens the secret door. “Pick us out something tasty from the racks.” she gestures at the wine bottles.

Ambrose Betamax grabs something that looks crazy expensive and follows.
(From Niemand): Mr Niemand walks through a nearby wall in front of you, looks above your head and nods and speaks an excessively polite greeting before lowering his eyes to you and saying “Hail the conquering hero.”
Leah Razortongue: Leah grabs a picnic basket that was behind the door and leads Ambrose into the maze of corridors under the house, straight to the weredeeradillo room that is now empty and clean.
Bharat pinches his lips “Bharat wants his money.”
Ambrose Betamax: “oh, what are we doing in Toms old room?”

Leah Razortongue spreads out a blanket and unpacks a picnic. “I thought we could have a nice private little picnic down here, after all it will be a while before anyone comes down here don’t you think?”
(To GM): Would, without a doubt, be in the hangar, going between the leather bound book he’d been working from, picked up god knows where, two batteries done (He had some time the night before, after all) and the third mostly configured, muttering words under his breath. A moment or two longer, and finally, “Morning. Who conquered what now?” A hand would reach out to follow along at the book for a moment, a few pages flipped, before returning to his work, likely switching to far less delicate work with the other objects he had in mind to make.
Ambrose Betamax: “oh. OH….oh, ok…”
(From Niemand): Niemand chuckles “You, you’ve pretty much single handedly conquered the M-quarter. It’s quite the impressive move, a dangerous gambit though I must say.”
Ambrose Betamax: (lol I hate it when clients get mean to me…this guy is like “Stream art for me right NOW” :P)
(To GM): “I what?” Yep, that’d catch him off guard. He’d even stop his work and spin in his chair to look back at the form who’s face he could never quite place.
AJ B. (GM): (growls at the mean client to back off. Art is not assembly line work, you want good you wait until the time is right to get good. Hell, use the business triangle model when dealing with people like that)
Ambrose Betamax: I will later. He’s the first guy who I tested my sale idea on :P
(From Niemand): Niemand shrugs “What else do you call one man who an entire section of the city hangs on their words, and even those who disagree with him or dislike him consider what he has to say?”
Ambrose Betamax: he’s got two figures for the price of one >>
to be fair he doesn’t know I’m busy/braindead
AJ B. (GM): (yeah definitely no right to bitch, quality, price, or speed. you get to pick two of the three to have the way you want, the last one suffers for it. this is how all business and even art works)
Ambrose Betamax: yup
(hey btw, maybe I could ask you for advice on pricing later?)
AJ B. (GM): (and sure, be glad to help)
(To GM): “Reasonable.” And he’d spin back to his work, though he had to crack a smile. “Or feared. One of the two. I’m just trying to make their lives better. If he’s going to be a leader, he needs to know what leading entales in a city. He’d make a fine commander in a battle, but I’m not sure about a strategist.” Already he’d be dissembling the dome lights, removing the high density plastics from their polished chrome casing; he had to go for the best ones, after all. “Figure eventually I’ll buy him a beer, but preferably when he’d rather not kill me for it.”
Ambrose Betamax: (thanks :3)
(From AJ B. (GM)): Niemand chuckles “Most people would call that man a Leader, or a Conqueror depending on the spin they like. The rest haven’t seen it but already there are whispers in the quarter.”
Ambrose Betamax: (and if you wanna see pervy dragon pinups I can link my stream :P)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (So that’s why Ambrose has a pet dragon… I am calling child services once we get back into town)
AJ B. (GM): (lol perhaps, I enjoy watching you work)
Bharat nods and lifts up Hoi “Can Bharat run then and make this faster?”
Hoi Hoi Polloi: “Sure Bharat run like the wind…”

Leah Razortongue as the two of you eat Leah chats and occassionally touches him, then asks a bit of an odd question. “Ambrose, dear do you know where that oven is?”

Hoi Hoi Polloi gives him a little boost since her flying ability lasts for 2 hours…
(To GM): He had to laugh. “Adviser or protector. I’m not leadership material. Take a look at the crew I’ve got. I’ve got a anachronistic deer who I have to spend more time trying to pull out of the fire then I should, his crazy girlfriend who I still have high on my threat list, a crazy amazon who I don’t trust fer shit, and a walking combat droid that no one seems to listen to when he asks them to do something politely.” Another amused headshake. “I can only hope I’ll be able to leave this place in a better condition then I’ve found it in.” And he’d stop and spin back to face the apparition. “Isn’t that all we can hope to do in life?”
Bharat runs and once you arrive at the gate the guards call out halt and raise there weapons. Bharat looks at you for a decision on whether to stop or just barrel past.
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (run like the wind into certain doom… j/k)

Hoi Hoi Polloi motions for Bharat to halt
Hoi Hoi Polloi: “Greetings and Salutations, it is a fine day out for a ride is it not….”

Ambrose Betamax blinks. “The oven? I’m not sure, Melo has it somewhere.”
(From Niemand): Niemand shrugs “I wouldn’t know, I’ve forgotten what it means to be alive. Still, you’ve made quite the impact and whether you want it or not, the quarter seems to think if they had you on the Administration life would instantly fix itself.”
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (Is oven perhaps innuendo for…)
AJ B. (GM): Bharat stops and growls at the comment ride. The guards nod. “It is, now please identify yourself.”
Melo: (In this case, nope. It’s innuendo for ‘microwave’)
AJ B. (GM): (no they have a magic easy bake oven that makes anything thats considered edible)
(Its just very literal in its interpretation)
(“1 steak still mooing” man is crushed by cow inside own home)
Leah: “Is there any chance you could get it away from him” she bats her eyes
Hoi Hoi Polloi: ( I am he-man and this is my Cringer my faithful friend…)
“I am Hoi Hoi Poloi daughter of Oi Oi Poloi of the Yorkshire Poloi’s not the West Hampshire Poloi’s and this is… Bharat the surprisingly strong, swift and powerful, is there a problem?”
(To GM): Lifted a hand to his chin for a moment in thought before shaking his head. “Yeah.. This isn’t something that’ll change over night. This is something that I’m doing for these folk’s grand kids. Yeah, some stuff’ll have a pay off right now. The guns, for example.” A vague hand wave, “That was done to save lives, right then and there. Still, I coulda done better. But.. Yeah. Thanks for the reminder to stress the long term goals.” And back to the desk to fiddle with things, “And you’re still doing it. Making the world a better place, I mean.”

Ambrose Betamax stares a bit. “uh…probably not…? Melo is pretty strict about those things you know….hey, you aren’t gonna hold me hostage again are you?”
AJ B. (GM): “No problem provided you have proper identification on you. Or more specifically that he does.” He indicates Bharat
(From Niemand): that gets him to fall over laughing and he sinks part way into the floor and when he stops laughing cusses in several languages.
Hoi Hoi Polloi: “Bharat do you have any identification on you?”
Leah Razortongue: She bats her eyes and runs one finger over Ambrose’s arm. “awww, couldn’t you do it for me. It’d make our first night so much more special after all.”

Ambrose Betamax blushes. “haminahamina ok I’ll try.”
Bharat turns his back and points at the back of his neck where a tattoo of a number with a credits symbol next to it is listed.
Ambrose Betamax: (poor ambrose)
AJ B. (GM): The guards check it and nod before turning to Hoi “I take it you are visiting our fair city then and not a citizen yourself?”

Hoi Hoi Polloi nods
(To GM): just shook his head at the sudden outburst of laughter, “You’re trying too hard. I’m a soldier and trigger man.” As the laughter would draw on and melt into cursing, the techno-wizard would continue to work, cursing lightly himself when a measurement turned out to be off. He’d turn back to his book, scratching a note or two and take a moment to redraw a sketchy diagram twice over, checking back against things to make sure he had the measurements right this time. “That said, what’s so funny?”
Leah Razortongue: She grins and gives him a light kiss “Now remember, try not to let him know, he wouldn’t trust us to play with his precious toy.”

Ambrose Betamax wobbles a bit, then runs off to search for the now incredibly sexy sounding microwave.

Vault patrols, as is standard protocol.
(From Niemand): “First could you pull me out of the fucking floor before I explain that?” He reaches a hand out towards you, it almost appears as if the floor had turned into quicksand then returned to normal.
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (Does Hoi Hoi know what the number with a credits symbol next to it means? Is he for sale?)
(To GM): He’d spin about, taking the offered hand trustingly. Well, considering the man normally walks through walls.. Yeah, what’s the worst that could happen aside from joining him in the same fate. “Yeah. How long you been stuck out of phase like this for, anyways?”
Ambrose Betamax: (btw how much is ambrose worth)
Melo: (13k I think)
Ambrose Betamax: (My guess is that’s near the bottom of the range lol)
(I thought he’d be like a nickel)
Melo: (Yeah, 13k)
(From AJ B. (GM)): you manage to pull him out and he stabilizes and stands. “Alright, first question first. funny part is that you’re the only fully living mortal who can see me naturally. Secondly, I think it’s been 600 years.”
Ambrose Betamax: (save me from my client, he talks so descriptively O.o)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (…according to the book an atlantean undead slayer is worth up to a maximum of 8 million credits….)
Melo: (Don’t trust the books. nod)
Ambrose Betamax: (So yeah, Ambrose is on the cheap side :P)
AJ B. (GM): (yep, and btw Ambrose you’re only worth 8k iirc you tried to tone down your abilities during the test)
(ahh 13k is correct, nm)
(and at least descriptive means you shouldnt have to deal with constant alterations)
Bharat: (How much is Bharat worth?)
Ambrose Betamax: (Oh no, this client asks for alterations right up to the end
AJ B. (GM): (going to have to wait until I have his sheet and a bit more detail on him figured in, but quite a lot more then Ambrose)
Ambrose Betamax: (He just also narrates about how sexy things are as I paint)
(To GM): “Yeah.. I’m still wondering just what I did to set that off. You know you only show up across the standard spectrum?” And then it was his turn to laugh a bit, “Shit man, you’re older than I am. That’s a feat.”
Bharat: (As long as Bharat is worth more!)
(From Niemand): He shrugs “Hell if I know, most people and things only interact with me if I focus, on them. the ground is a little different thankfully but if I lose too much focus, well you saw the results”
AJ B. (GM): (I think the parts that make Bharat are honestly worth more)
Bharat: (Awwwwwww)
AJ B. (GM): (if any single cyber or bionic is over 13k it’s more valuable then Ambrose as a slave)
Bharat: (I think my eye is work more than that)
Ambrose Betamax: (and now my client is doing his “I wish” thing, hinting he wants extra shots n stuff

Hoi Hoi Polloi asks Bharat as they walk into town “What kind of weapons do you use?”
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (If wishes were fishes, I would dine on fish dishes….)
(To GM): “At least it keeps you from getting dusty, eh? And I’ll try not to make you laugh too hard when we’re driving.” And back into his seat he’d go, spinning back to work. “Six hundred years, eh? That puts you at.. what, 18, 1700’s?” He still had no idea how many years had passed during the cataclysm; best guesses were still 2-300 years. “Bet you’ve seen quite a bit in your day and age.”
Bharat: “Claws. Teeth. Tail. Guns. Swords. Chains. Whips. Staff. Harpoon Gun.” Bharat says, counting on his fingers. and the last one on his tail. “Bharat is what tribe call prodoggy.”
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (what kind of bionics does Bharat have that I can see? Bionic arms etc?)
Bharat: (The only obvious ones are his tail, the eye [Assuming it’s not a really good one] and maybe the body armor?)
(His tail is a completely bionic limb)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: “We should see about getting your tail and something for your claws to be covered in silver for the upcoming battle”
Bharat: “Bharat eat punies.” He crosses his arms again, pouting like a child
Hoi Hoi Polloi: “These punies are harder to eat than others… Not to mention silver would make you look more attractive to females of your own kind”
Bharat: “Silver…” Bharat seems to look for the word. “Fragile. Break easy.”

Hoi Hoi Polloi smiles “We are just plating stuff in it not making stuff out of”
Bharat: “Why want silver plate?”
(From Niemand): “Quite a bit, too much at times.” He runs a finger over the brim of his hat.
Hoi Hoi Polloi: “To deal with the creatures we discussed we were going to hunt earlier”
Bharat: “We hit with plate?”
(To GM): Gave a nod of understanding, tinkering away. “My condolences. Where were you when it all ended, if you don’t mind me asking?” Well, idle, friendly conversation is good, right? Besides, it gets the topic off of himself, even if those innocent, probing questions might not garner much useful information… Or even work on someone who’s been around long enough to know a thing or three about basic information gathering.
Hoi Hoi Polloi: “Indeed we hit with silver coating weapons”
(silver coated*)
(From Niemand): “If you mean the coming of the rifts, I was here, not in Melbourne, but a few miles off. Trying to make sure it didn’t get worse. Really should have talked to them about that designation sooner.”
Bharat: “Weapons need coats? They cold?”
Hoi Hoi Polloi: “This coating protects the weapons not from cold but from our enemy and hurts them a lot too”
Bharat looks like the inside of his head is going to start smoking. “Ok.” The enemy weakness was coats, apparrently. Probably cause they needed to stay cold. “Coats beat icy vampires.”
Ambrose Betamax: (I like Bharat.)
Bharat: (I do too! I don’t usually play dumb characters)
(To GM): had to laugh just a bit, even if he was debating for a moment, “Yeah? How’d you accomplish that? And talked to who? Seems that name took hold in quite a few people’s heads at once. Even called it that up in the NGR. Well.. Roughly, anyways”
Melo: (I find him endearing.)
Ambrose Betamax: (like ambrose? :P)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (Ambrose is sexy, Bharat is cute)
Ambrose Betamax: (Ambrose is sexy AND cute)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (or is it the other way around…)
(From Niemand): “A woman in charge of a prison meant to hold me and a variety of others. you can imagine how well that worked out. As for how, there are other things that were on this planet before and they were more pleasant then some of the worst the rifts offered.”
Bharat: (Definitely the other way around. Who wouldn’t want to sleep with a giant cyborg dinosaur?)

Hoi Hoi Polloi asks for directions for an automechanic for her large friend
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (Time to shift Bharat into 3rd gear and roll out)
(is Bharat supernaturally strong ?)
Bharat: (Robotic, I believe, is the standard for bruutasaurs)
(To GM): “..Hold YOU? On what charges?” He’d even stop his work again for a moment, “And seeing how as you got out, I’m guessing the guards eventually gave up? They let all the other stuff out, too?”
Niemand: (correct, his strength is robotic)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (oh a pity would of been funny to see what damage you would do to a S.D.C creature with an M.D.C pelvic thrust)
Bharat: (Bharat does a lot of MDC damage)
(From Niemand): “Nope, they listened to me and locked it down and I was the only one to leave. As for giving up, nah I don’t think they gave up until they died. As for the why. Remember how I said things are only real to me when I focus. Tell me, should anyone have the power to Be Nothing? I could pick up one of your tools stab you a thousand times with it, and there would be nothing you could do and no one who could find me.”

Hoi Hoi Polloi changes her mind and goes see Cockatrice about getting Bharat’s tail coated in silver and perhaps getting him silver clawed gauntlet or staff
AJ B. (GM): (and yes he does Robotic PS is still pretty high)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (wonder if its possible to have his teeth coated in silver…)
(maybe just dip Bharat in silver and hope for the best)
AJ B. (GM): (going to take Bharat to with you or just go yourself and explain needs? keep in mind, crimelord of all Melbourne)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (Does Cockatrice have a secretary or a contact I can go to get information)
(To GM): After a moment, he’d nod. “Makes sense, but you’re talking thought crime now. Locking you up because you CAN do something? You fail a psyche evaluation that said you would? Or that something that’s been tempered out by the ages?” He’d even lean forward a bit in his seat, “With power comes responsibility. Were you locked up voluntarily, because you were afraid of what you might do?” He seemed genuinely interested. “And to counter that argument, just because I can be caught doesn’t make me any less of a danger; you can only end so dead, once you hit some point.”
Bharat: (is Cockatrice a real cockatrice?)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (Shes a doppleganger, that has also taken the place of one of the administrators or so Hoi Hoi has theorized puts on a tinfoil hat)
AJ B. (GM): (nope she is not)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (my theory has been crushed)
Cockatrice: (her appearance)
AJ B. (GM): (and yes she has a few different methods of contact, some above board, others less so, the terminals scattered about the city are largely for the convenience of not needing a personal pc to make contact with people)
(she also has a personal assistant who you have a direct line to, but have been asked to only contact if the enemy has made it into the city)

Hoi Hoi Polloi will think otherwise of bothering Cockatrice and continue asking about for directions to a place that does custom metal work
Bharat: (The enemy is vampires?)
Melo: (Yep)
Bharat: (Really glad Bharat is immune to vampire bites)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (Indeed I revealed them to you earlier while outside the city)

Hoi Hoi Polloi asks the guards at the gate if they know of such a place seeing as they seem knowledgeable about the city
Bharat: (If bharat is a native, wouldn’t he might know?))
AJ B. (GM): (Considering his tail and eye would likely need custom repair work he likely would)
Bharat: (I like to think he’ll just sit there until asked though)
AJ B. (GM): (even if its just basic touch up of scratched casing, or a couple MD from bashing it around)
(works for me)
A few people are able to direct you to custom metal shops, there are three in particular, a weaponsmith, a jewellers, and a jack of all trades kind of guy in the quarter.
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (I always assumed Bharat was fresh off the boat)
Bharat: (He has a native tag!)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (Oh I thought the tag was given to him when he came to the city)
Bharat: (You only get the tag if you live there, I think.)
Melo: (Live or come to)

Hoi Hoi Polloi decides to visit the weaponsmith first
AJ B. (GM): (actually visitors are not required to be tagged, but theres a time limit on visiting)
Melo: (“Come to” was meant to be “Born in”. Hello space brain.)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: “Bharat, I once had a friend of similar stature to you… Any chance I could give you the same nickname as I have him?”
(omg I must be tired… so many typos… *gave him)
Bharat: “Name not Nick. Is Bharat”

Hoi Hoi Polloi pouts “I wanted to call you Brutar… Brutar the Randomly Pious…”
Hoi Hoi Polloi: “He was a special friend of mine and we went on many adventures together… Before I ate him”
(true story in a previous rifts game… We got stranded on a world when I rolled a 100 on my dimensional pyramid activation…)
Bharat: “You try eat Bharat?” The big bruutasaur looms over Hoi.
Hoi Hoi Polloi: “No only Brutar… are you Brutar?”
Bharat: “No. Me Bharat!”
(From Niemand): “Tell me, why didn’t you open the lizards door then? He was put there under the same reasons I was. Only difference is I got out.”
Hoi Hoi Polloi: When Hoi Hoi arrives at the weaponsmith she will inquire if he can plate the tail in silver and perhaps make some kind of silver plated clawed gauntlet as a weapon for Bharat
AJ B. (GM): As you enter the weaponsmith he sighs “And what does a pretty woman and her oversized guard dog want in my smithy?”
Bharat: “Bharat not dog.”
Hoi Hoi Polloi: “I am looking to make him more fashionable and would like to plate his tail in silver and perhaps acquire some silver covering/gauntlet for his claws and a similar thing perhaps for his teeth”
AJ B. (GM): He shows a couple gold teeth and smirks “And do you happen to Have any silver for me to use?”
Hoi Hoi Polloi: “hmm… Am I required to acquire some? Or do you not have any in stock?”
(To GM): “Recorded history and potential of violence based on the data I was provided with.” Well, that answered at least one question.. And a few more, really. Yep, answers to questions not asked are always good, though he’s likely revealing just as much. “Your record didn’t reflect any such tendencies despite the capture and contain order.”
AJ B. (GM): “I have some, just cheaper if I don’t have to use my own supply. If you don’t mind the price I can use what I have but probably only enough for either the tail, or the others.”
Hoi Hoi Polloi: “Would 2 silver knives be of use if they were to be melted down and used to coat some items?”
(From Niemand): “No but I did have a nasty habit of letting some of their key prizes walk off with their enemies. Kept hoping to earn the right kind of help. Never did.”
AJ B. (GM): “Could probably create a set of silver caps for his teeth if he doesn’t mind sitting still a while, or can bite into one of my molds.”
(To GM): He couldn’t help but smile a bit at that. “Guess that makes me the wrong kind of help, eh?”
Bharat: “Bharat bite good.”
(From Niemand): “Depends, you know how to make me real, or failing that kill me? I haven’t slept since I found them.”
Hoi Hoi Polloi: “What about for his claws? Bharat do you use your claws more often or do you bite?”
Bharat: “Claws.”
Hoi Hoi Polloi: “Is there enough for his tail and claw?”
“With the daggers and your stash that is?”
AJ B. (GM): “Provided you don’t mind a tin plating, as in a couple scratches will show the underside.”
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (Do I know if a thin plating is enough to be of use against the Vampires?)
AJ B. (GM): He sets a mold out in front of Bharat “If you can leave an impression on that I can make the caps”
(it will be enough yes, provided no one actively goes after it)
(for instance dont stick his tail in a fire or plating is going to melt)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (But if we go just for the tail and use the daggers for the teeth it will last longer?)
AJ B. (GM): (correct or the daggers can make one glove)
(To GM): Whistled just a bit, “That’s one hell of a bout of insomnia. As far as dragging you back into phase…” A shrug. “Not yet.” And with that, he’d turn back to the desk, plucking the dimensional scanner from it’s case, turning around to try and scan what he knew was empty air. “‘Sides, as far as the rest of the world is concerned, you’re just my imaginary friend. The droid can’t pick you up, you can walk through walls, and you can move at the speed of a jet.” And then to review the results of the scanner he’d turn his attention. “So if you’re not just a glitch in my optics and a voice in my head, we just need better tech.”
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (and how long would it take for me to requisition the silver from the organisation from my stipend of silver they send me)
(like how they send me silver bullets etc)
(From Niemand): “So said each scientist throughout the ages. Yet still here I am”
Hoi Hoi Polloi: “How much to coat the tail and make a glove?”
AJ B. (GM): (Depends on what you asked for and how much progress you’ve shown, organization is very goal oriented. If some of the vampires are dead it means you need replacement gear asap, if none of them have been killed well then you aren’t doing your job)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (Tightasses _)
(To GM): “Different laws of physics.” Idle banter, another quick check of the scanner on a physical item, just to make sure it was working properly. “They were only using one set of them, Hold out your hand and focus, would’ja?” And another attempt to scan the figment with the device should he comply.
AJ B. (GM): The smith seems to count. “It’ll take me two weeks to do the tail if he wants to keep it on during the workd 5 days if he doesn’t mind leaving it here, three days to do a glove. So factoring in time and materials 35,000 credits or so.”
Hoi Hoi Polloi: …
Melo: (Hey Jace, you still there? Roll 20 likely bugged for me)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (yeah I dont see him also…)
(he probably saw the price and ran for the hills)
“And what would the price be should I provide all the silver needed?”
AJ B. (GM): He shrugs “Can do it all for 10,000 even if you arent depleting my silver supply”
Hoi Hoi Polloi: “And how much silver would be required?”
AJ B. (GM): He eyeballs the tail the claws and the mouth “you want all your requests right, not just the tail and glove?”
Hoi Hoi Polloi: “hmm.. Indeed”

Ambrose Betamax continues his epic search for the magic toaster oven
AJ B. (GM): “I’ll need at least 15 lbs for the tail, 3 lbs for each gloves, and a lb for the teeth. and thats assuming you dont mind imperfections, get me four extra pounds and I can guarantee you won’t see the area under his tail without a direct assault on it.”
Hoi Hoi Polloi: “So 23 lb all in all, I shall see if I can acquire that amount and return once I acquire it”

Hoi Hoi Polloi motions for Bharat to come along
Matt S.: “You go without Bharat. Bharat find you soon.”
AJ B. (GM): (Ambrose any particular area or method of searching?)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: Once at a safe distance away Hoi Hoi asks Bharat before he goes “… Bharat, plan B can you use a riffle”
Ambrose Betamax: (mostly wandering around the places he knows of that melo hides things.)
AJ B. (GM): (well the big one would be the apc in the workshop that Melo is in atm)
Ambrose Betamax: (er well melo can’t know so I’ll wait till after he leaves to check that area)
(From Niemand): Holds out his hand. “On what? I need a particular thing or person to connect to reality. I’ve tried general focus it doesn’t help.”
(To GM): “This, then.” He’d nod at the dimensional detector in his hand. “And even if it doesn’t work, we’ll have learned that I’ll need to tweak it more. Granted I’m sure you let one of them folks try this thing down there.”
(From Niemand): He nods and focuses in on it. After you scan his hand it determines his hand to be fully normal and in this dimension completely.
(To GM): Would puzzle over the device for a moment, “See, the issue with a device like this is that you need a base line, and something not on the baseline. You’re showing up on par with everything else on the base line, and I don’t tend to keep too many anomalies handy. Or, the other option is you are a figment.” Granted, that would also depend on how the device reacted to him scanning the air when the man wasn’t focused. “Still, its a data point.”
(From Niemand): “Alright, fair enough. Hopefully this can be fixed.” he mutters under his breath “in a better manner then last time.”
Ambrose Betamax: (game die?)
AJ B. (GM): (nope turned into a mass of whispers
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (me and AJ are just sexting each other)
(To GM): “Oh? And what happened last time?” He’d be setting the scanner down shortly, flipping back to another section of his book and starting to scribble a few notes before returning to working on the device he needed to get done.

Melo is working on things, and meditating.

Vault continues to patrol the grounds. Because he’s a robot.
(From Niemand): “You’re a sensible guy, so I’m going to tell you right now you’ll regret knowing the answer.”

Ambrose Betamax wanders aimlessly in his search.
AJ B. (GM): Shrodinger is now following Ambrose around trying to understand what the deerbee is doing
(To GM): “There’s a lot of things in life I regret.” A shrug, “So I’ll leave it up to you if you want to tell me or not, or to simply warn me if I’m heading down a path that I shouldn’t.”
Ambrose Betamax: “oh hey shro, did you happen to see that pink oven thing around?”
(From Niemand): “Last time I had this conversation I was on your side of it and quite a lot younger. Someone came to me, they just appeared wearing these strange clothes. said they needed my help. told me they’d give me anything I wanted if I’d just read a piece of paper aloud.”
AJ B. (GM): Shrodinger seems to shake his head and hops up into your antlers

Matt S. trundles up behind Hoi. “Man give Bharat Wordy paper. Says need get money or weapons back.”
Ambrose Betamax: “aaw. well that’s ok, we can search together! FOR LOVE!”
Bharat: (That was supposed to be bharat)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (Hoi Hoi is currently at the hospital creating havoc she mentioned this when you said for Hoi Hoi to go and you would catch up)
(To GM): “Right. Don’t fall into the ’jin’s trap. Appreciate the warning. Good news is Ambrose can’t read.”
Bharat: (This is untrue!)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (Matt S.: “You go without Bharat. Bharat find you soon.”)
Bharat: (I meant the telling of things)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (Hoi Hoi left to the hospital although I guess it was told to the GM in text)
(From Niemand): "That’s the problem, I’m the Jin and you’re already down the rabbit hole with me. The paper had 5 words on it. I can’t remember the first three, they were my name back then. The second two were “is nobody”. I found this coat and hat in my closet the next day and a compulsion to put them on."
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (I guess you wont know where Hoi Hoi is then lol)
Niemand: (up to you guys on whether you want to run with having told him or not)
Bharat: (It’s ok. Bharat has other things to do)
Ambrose Betamax: (I need to make a new portrait for ambrose :O)
(To GM): “…Yeah. THAT was information I likely didn’t need.” Gears, they were turning. “Says even more about you that you haven’t done it to anyone else though. He hand you the paper directly?”
(From Niemand): “yeah he did. As for doing it to someone else, considered it a few times, but would you wish this hell on someone? I’ve watched everyone I get attached to die. I’ve gotten to see hell come to earth multiple times. I’ve watched histories greatest men shrivel away and become nothing.”

Hoi Hoi Polloi calls up Ambrose for a booty call… “Ambrose if your getting this message, come to the hospital immediately water war has been declared and we will take no prisoners… Bring your pets with you…”
Hoi Hoi Polloi: “There shall be WAR!!!!!!”… Message sent in the afternoon
Ambrose Betamax: “But but leah wants me to find a magic toaster oven so we can do sexy things! Maybe she’ll come though, I’ll ask.”

Ambrose Betamax heads back to leah.
AJ B. (GM): Leah agrees to come to the water war so long as you’ll still try and find the oven later.

Ambrose Betamax agrees. “I think it’s in the truck, but melo is in there.”
AJ B. (GM): (if no one objects my minds starting to get hazy, we ok with calling it at this point?)
(To GM): “If it makes you feel any better, I’ve been there. Lived through it’s coming once, and everyone I grew up with is quite dead. But yeah.. You’re a hell of a man. What’s kept you going?”
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (okay but so long as we get to slaughter some children next week)
Melo: (I’m cool with it at this point)
Bharat: (I’m cool)
Ambrose Betamax: (sure ^)
Zea: For Ctrl F’s sake: Today is Thursday, April 23rd, 2015. EXP is about to be given.
And thanks for running tonight’s game.
Hoi Hoi Polloi: Indeed it was fun :)
AJ B. (GM): no problem, happy to do it, was awesome.
Ambrose Betamax: :3
AJ B. (GM): Ingame Timestamp Aug 26th 4 pm
exp 350 base
an extra 50 for Melo
P.O.M: Ambrose who do you think is going to win the war shall we have a little betting pool going on with the hospital staff ?
Ambrose Betamax: (? O.o)
AJ B. (GM): an extra 100 for Bharat for some truly hilarious stuff
Ambrose Betamax: (Poor ambrose didn’t get to do much lol)
AJ B. (GM): an extra 50 for Ambrose, still you played will to his conflict of loyalties
an extra 100 for Hoi for keeping to her goals
Alright so a question for the group before this finishes up
Ambrose Betamax: :3
P.O.M: In the most roundabout way possible… the closet direction between 2 points is a circle…
for Hoi Hoi…
AJ B. (GM): Are you lot ok with a downtime period between this and next session?
P.O.M: (Sure does this mean we don’t get to act out the water war?)
Ambrose Betamax: (sure ^
Ambrose would be searching for a microwave wherever he can in the meantime lol)
Zea: I’m cool either way.
AJ B. (GM): (yeah unfortunately that is what it will mean in regards to the water war)
(as fun as applying combat rules to that and small children may be lol)
Zea: I’m totally cool with waiting for down time in favor of game playfun
P.O.M: (thats fine, who won the war thats all I want to know)
Zea: That, and combat mechanics in a non-lethal setting would be kinda nice, no?

P.O.M nods
AJ B. (GM): (true, we can actually play out the water war if you guys want then do the time skip after)
P.O.M: (I wanted to see some children pull off some slow motion spartan moves like in the move the 300)
AJ B. (GM): anyhow, next session some point, either beggining of or at the point where night kicks in, we’ll skip ahead one week
anyone who has particulars they want to get done let me know when you can
P.O.M: (sweet, should be fun)
Zea: Will do
Ambrose Betamax: Pretty much Ambroses quest for love :P
Zea: (To GM) rolling 1d100< 66 Gemology
(
46
)
= 1 Successes
Zea: (To GM) rolling 1d100< 59 Jury Rig a smelter and try to purrify the silver. Gonna need it for the flashlights.
(
22
)
= 1 Successes
AJ B. (GM): Alright, so portion of Bharat’s downtime.
(Bharat, aside from the blacksmith, taking anyone else or letting them know where you’re going?)
Matt S.: (They left me alone! They all ran off! They can find out when the city is exploding)
AJ B. (GM): (you are going to do this during the day right?)
Matt S.: (Well, yeah. Unless you think that a giant lizard isn’t gonna attract attention at night)
AJ B. (GM): (just had to be sure) Alright, you and the Smith arrive near the nests, you can see that most are sleeping, though one cave does show some activity to your eyes. The Smith looks around and shrugs “Ok you brought me out to a canyon and a big rock. Now what?”
Matt S.: “Now, I show you vampires. Do you need to see more than one, or will one suffice?” Bharat says, mechanical tail lashing out behind him. Just being around the undead made his hackles raise.
AJ B. (GM): “Where there is one there are more. So it shall suffice.”
Matt S.: “Ok then.” Bharat heads for the cave that has activity, counting the number of vampires inside with his mechanical eye.
AJ B. (GM): (total of 3 of them, its about half way up that tower, so a good 50 to 60 feet up)
Matt S.: (I can jump half that distance)
AJ B. (GM): (and probably climb the rest, MD claws would sink into rock easily)
(that or roll for the climb skill if you don’t want to damage the rocks)
Matt S.: (Yeah… My firs level class gives me +30% to climb. Lemme figure out my skill roll, one sec.)
AJ B. (GM): (kk brb I need food anyhow)
(back)
Matt S.: rolling 1d100
(
13
)
= 13
AJ B. (GM): you scale up the rockface as if this were one of your favorite hobbies, and the smith simply watches. you quickly reach the cave you were aiming for.

Matt S. peeks over the edge and looks in the cave at the vampires.
AJ B. (GM): Alright, with your eyes you’re able to see there are three restless and rather feral seeming creatures crawling around sniffing at the air and every so often looking towards the cave entrance.
Bharat: ((Do remember my normal eye can see in the dark too.))
AJ B. (GM): (thanks for reminding me.) The three are disshelved and appear almost groggy, blinking a lot and acting as if they are trying to wake up.
Bharat stares at the creatures, tail twitching like a cat watching prey. He waits to see if one drifts closer to the cave entrance
AJ B. (GM): They seem to be rather nervous about even leaving their larger area (map has vague cave structure drawn now) end of black lines is the entrance)
Bharat waits until they seem to start relaxing and lunges into the cave at the one closest to the entrance
AJ B. (GM): Alright need an initiative roll.
Bharat: (And I have no idea how to figure that one out. ARGLE BARGLE)
AJ B. (GM): (alright, I’d guess with your level and class it’ll probably be a 4 or maybe a +5 bonus, so can either go with a d204 or can run you through figuring it out)
Bharat: (I’ll just do 1d20+4)
rolling 1d20+4
(
11
)+4
= 15
AJ B. (GM): Alright you manage to move before the vampire can even think to react. (need an entangle roll, going to guess it’d be a +2 if you don’t have it figured already.)
(there, a token for you that you should be able to control, at least until you can find one you like if nothing else)
Bharat: rolling 1d20
(
2
)
= 2
AJ B. (GM): Alright, so you fail even to touch him, with that roll. but have drawn his attention enough that he thinks he has found a meal. He hisses and lunges at you with a biting attack.
and he apparently sucks so hard with the current state that his fangs fail to break through and just skid along your scales as he hugs you.

Bharat reels back and swings one of his massive clawed mitts at the head of the vampire that tried to bite him.
Bharat: rolling 1d20+4
(
8
)4
= 12
rolling 4d6
(
2
+
6
+
6
+
3
)
= 17
AJ B. (GM): your claws scrape across his flesh and don’t appear to have done anything, there isn’t even a scratch on him.
Well this vampire is particularly stupid and tries once more to bite your neck only to miss completely yet again.
Bharat: rolling 1d20
(
5
)
= 5
AJ B. (GM): and again you’ve failed to get a hold of your target. The vampire’s open mouth is starting to look almost like a mocking smile.
He lunges in for a bite (ok so now that he’s finally rolled something that could hit we get into how defense works, do you want to dodge, parry, or just let him bite you?)
Bharat: (Parry? I guess? I don’t just want to let him bite me…)
Zea: (A note about parry: Doing so uses an action, as does dodge; I’m confirming if you get auto-dodge at 4 or 5)
AJ B. (GM): (actually just looked it up, parry doesn’t use an action)
(unless you are completely untrained in H2H)
Zea: (Level 5. And really? NEAT!)
AJ B. (GM): (anyhow, parry, roll d20
parry bonus, if its higher then his roll you’ll succeed, ties go to defender)
Bharat: rolling 1d20+7
(
10
)+7
= 17
AJ B. (GM): you feel his fangs sink into the side of your neck and hear a growl of pleasure as he does. (8 MD)
Bharat: (wow he rolled high on that one. 0.0)
AJ B. (GM): (yep, he’s rolled a 3, a 2, and a 19)
(he depresses me with his existance)
Bharat: (Gonna try and throw him outside again)
rolling 1d20
(
7
)
= 7
AJ B. (GM): He is too distracted to realize whats going on until its too late and he is flying through the air.
He falls out of the cave and you can hear a feral scream as he burns up, cutting off abruptly after a little bit.
(btw for reference each square is 5 ft, so moving around shoulding be an issue)

Bharat turns to the other two vampires and lunges at the closer one to try and hurl it out of the cave mouth too.
AJ B. (GM): (roll it)
Bharat: rolling 1d20
(
17
)
= 17
AJ B. (GM): The vampire having been partially alerted to danger by the earlier scream attempts to avoid your grip.
and fails to do so, getting chucked out of the cave as well.
That one managed to catch his grip on the ledge and climb back in. He is looking pretty toasted but he also seems pretty pissed now.

Bharat Bharat tries to perform the maneuver again having had a lot of success so far.
Bharat: rolling 1d20
(
16
)
= 16
AJ B. (GM): The vampire manages to just barely dodge out of your grip. Coming back at you with an attempt to bite.
(defense?)
Bharat: (Dodge this time. Also 7!)
AJ B. (GM): (btw you can entangle as a defense as well)
(roll it)
Zea: (Dodge uses an action as a warning)
Bharat: (Yeah, but I don’t have a bonus to entangle. DC)
rolling 1d20
7
(
2
)7
= 9
(BOOOOOOO)
AJ B. (GM): His fangs find soft spot and sink in hard (17 MD. also you had very little chance, he had a nat 20, so you needed a crit to match)
Bharat: (OY OY! STAHP DAT!)
AJ B. (GM): (telling you the rolls, or rolling them?)
Bharat: (STAHP WITH THE HITTING!)
AJ B. (GM): (roflmao, anyhow your action)
Bharat: Bharat tries again. And Again. UNTIL IT STOPS MOVING FOREVER.
rolling 1d20
(
6
)
= 6
(ASDIKGHAKHAKSDJGLAKJSDGKJAWG)
AJ B. (GM): It dodges out of the way again returning with wet another attempt to taste fresh lizard
(might hit, defense?)
Bharat: (Parry.)
AJ B. (GM): (roll it)
Bharat: rolling 1d20
7
(
1
)+7
= 8
(FACE SMASH GOOD)
AJ B. (GM): He sinks in once more this time on your shoulder (7 MD)
Bharat: (Question: Are you taking my armor into account for this battle?)
Zea: (That’d be where the damage comes off of first)
Bharat: (I just realized I’ve done 8 actions. )
AJ B. (GM): (wait did you by that cyber armor that uses AR?)
(after the first throw I just went with round change over, these guys are really screwy when woken during the day)
Bharat: (Um. Yes? I think so.)
AJ B. (GM): (specifically, imagine that 1st minute of conciousness after a deep sleep, now imagine you don’t step beyond that)
(ok ignore that last damage then, the other two would have slipped past, this one wouldnt have)
Bharat: (I’m so confused. Also: I wake up instantaneously.)
AJ B. (GM): (your action)
Bharat: rolling 1d20
(
5
)
= 5
(I DON’T KNOW WHAT ELSE TO TRY BESIDES THROWING! I’M CAUGHT IN A LOOP!)
AJ B. (GM): (well since the goal was “prove vampires” not kill vampires, the option of Leave is always there lol)
He fails to dodge that one.
Bharat: (BUT THEN THEY’LL BE READY FOR US! Wait, what?)
AJ B. (GM): (rolled a 2)
he knocks into the other one, and they both fall, finding the end of their existance with their last sight being that accursed ball of light.

Bharat frowns at the wounds he sustained and heads back to the mouth of the cave, looking down at the smith with a smug expression before jumping down.
AJ B. (GM): The smith is Gone, once you jump back down you can see him off in the distance running his ass off.

Bharat rolls his eyes and starts chasing the smith down.
AJ B. (GM): It takes you only a couple seconds to catch up, he is only human after all.
Bharat: “So. Believe me now?” Bharat asks as he keeps up easily with the running human
AJ B. (GM): “Yes, you psycho. I’ll get your work done first thing, then I’m looking into transport to Perth.”
Bharat: “Psycho? I have no idea what you’re talking about.” Bharat says, walking a little longer. “Wanna ride?”
AJ B. (GM): He sighs “sure. and only someone lacking in some rather vital piece of their mind would have climbed into that cave.”
Bharat: “How else was I gonne prove it? Bring you up there?”
AJ B. (GM): “Admittedly I appreciate you not choosing that route.”
(alright, so unless theres anything else you want to do in the downtime I’d say we can call that good.)
Bharat: (Uh… NopE!)
AJ B. (GM): (kk Bharat will definitely have his full silver plating and weapons when we resume normal timespace)
P.O.M: Sorry I’m late… Had to take my brother to the doctors
long ass wait time…
AJ B. (GM): no worries it happens.
we ran some of the downtime stuff.
Ambrose’s player is dealing with a heavy bout of depression so not sure when we’ll see him back online.
P.O.M: Thats a pity
Bharat: Poor guy
AJ B. (GM): yeah, dunno if you wanna run some of your downtime stuff, or what, don’t think we’re going to be having a true game running tonight, between time, ambrose missing, and I assume you still want to do the water war.
P.O.M: We can delay the water war to another time… Maybe make it we have to wait for the items to be delivered ?
Did the organisation send me the stuff I asked for ?
Zea: So far we’ve been enjoying basic combat and stuff
P.O.M: I’ve been reading the backlog apparently Bharat went to attack the vampires ?
AJ B. (GM): yeah, and up to everyone if they want to play a group game at this point or if time is too short, As for the requested stuff, was waiting to see if you wanted to do that directly if we aren’t playing normal game tonight or still just glance over it for quick answer.
correct.
P.O.M: We can glance it over I, find it better to have a group game so that everyone has a chance to participate
AJ B. (GM): Matt, Zea you guys up for/have time to continue normal game?
Zea: I technically still have a ton of down time stuff I wanna get done once my brain works.
AJ B. (GM): so assuming I interpret that, its 1:1 for play or call tonight as a no game and Jace is running 2 hours ahead of me so its 11 there. just checked, he isn’t up for it either. sorry POM guess its gonna have to be next week.
Zea: How late you gonna be awake POM?
P.O.M: Forever…
I took enough caffeine to give an blue whale a buzz for a few hours
Zea: Eventually likely need to do some ‘check in over down time’ stuff, but I’ve still got a bit of stuff to type.
AJ B. (GM): can you see through time yet?
P.O.M: Time sees through me…
AJ B. (GM): Neat, It should be hiding under the desk any minute now.
P.O.M: Seems like Bharat left ?
Zea: Yeah. And my brain is dead
Aus Military: S.O.S: Test
Aus Military: S.O.S 1: Test 2
Jacob R.: boop
Zea: Zoop!
AJ B. (GM): Alright, so we’ve been off for a while, and we’re gonna run the water war now. just going to go with generics on the water guns. pistols do 1d6 sdc, rifles do 3d6 sdc. fortifications hoi set up for this, 100 sdc, each player in the water war 50 SDC and 50 HP just to keep things simple. Any objections?
Zea: Firing up tracking. How many people are invovled?

Ambrose Betamax looks at his watergun and silently wishes it were nerf.
AJ B. (GM): (assuming Ambrose, Leah, and Hoi are all in on this, total of 12.)
Zea: Hoi, did you ever get to pick a ranged combat? Failing that, what is your RCC’s base h2h?
P.O.M: hmm.. I was martial arts for base combat
so I choose the equivalent
Zea: kk. Fairly sure that’d be Ranged: Rogue then.
Level 4? or 5?
AJ B. (GM): range on pistols, 15 ft, rifles 30 ft, since I’ve actually set up a map for this
P.O.M: Hoi Hoi is level 4 currently
Zea: Cool. WP: Pistol or Rifle?
P.O.M: have energy pistol and energy rifles
Zea: Cool. Thank you.
(To P.O.M): As needed, please let me know of any bonuses that will be applied via magic / ect. Any physicals that grant 1 to strike?
P.O.M: (hmm.. it says I have ranged combat special forces according to the thing)
Zea: (Would have cost 2 OCC related’s)
P.O.M: (oh weird… It says its based on base hand to hand combat.. which was martial arts for me)
Zea: (MA gets rogue)
P.O.M: (on the book it said basic=rogue, expert=infantry, martial=spec force, assassin=sniper)
(or am I looking at the wrong thing?)
Zea: (Compedium is where we’re going offa)
P.O.M: (oh I thought it was rifter 11 pg.17)
Zea: (Reasoning being the elevated focus on h2h combat from MA training, at the cost of the ranged combat training; last paragraph, pg 19)
P.O.M: (yeah I don’t think I have the compendium)
Zea: ( https://www.dropbox.com/s/nmlziqikfqpmz9e/Rules%20Compendium%20v2.odt?dl=0 – Still WIP)
(Ranged stuff is on page 3)
Ambrose Betamax: (I’m just gonna roll dice when you guys tell me too, rules confuse me :P)
P.O.M: (thanks the ranged rules were kind of confusing)
Zea: (Yepyep. Sorry about that; I haven’t fully typed them up. I’m doing bonuses right now for all invovled. I’ll have a livestream combat tracker going in short order)
P.O.M: (hmm… do we add P.P to parry? and any physical skills to parry or dodge?)
Zea: (Parry only if you can parry bullets / energy blasts. Phys skills WILL apply to dodge)
(I just don’t know them off hand for the people invovled)
P.O.M: (I can parry with a shield but at a hefty penalty)
Zea: (Hee.. Cardboard shield of awesomeness)
P.O.M: (lol this is going to be fun)
AJ B. (GM): also, all of pcs on the same side or going to face off against each other?
I mostly just threw the teams together as they are
Zea: (www.livestream.com/dragonflicks with the soundtrack provided by The Base)
(Until I flip to youtube
(Ok, I think I’ve muted it)
(From P.O.M): Hmm… So I get +4 from P.P, +1 dodge from ballet, +1 dodge/parry from contortionism, +1 dodge/parry from athletics, +2 dodge/parry from boxing…
AJ B. (GM): (alright, so last question for the pcs, rifle or pistol. not enough weapons to have both)
(To P.O.M): +7 parry total then. Added!
Ambrose Betamax: (I think ambrose would use a rifle?)
P.O.M: (Can I use a sheild with a rifle?)
Zea: (Would be a penalty to strike I believe because you’re using it one handed)
P.O.M: (then I shall go pistola do I get W.P for the shield ?)
(W.P bonus to be exact)
Zea: (
2 to parry with shield)
(I
(From P.O.M): the +2 from boxing doesn’t get added does it?
(To P.O.M): It should. Oh, hey, +4. I can math. Really. Should be +11 to dodge, total)
(To P.O.M): What’s PP at?
(From P.O.M): 22
(To P.O.M): Sheet auto cacls that stuff too.
(To P.O.M): Thank you for catching me missing the +4
Zea: (Correction: POM is +11 to dodge, total)
P.O.M: (good I am known for my terrible rolls… So my survival rate has just jumped to 25%)
(From P.O.M): I guess my parry for this is at +12 with the shield ?
(To P.O.M): +13, -whatever the shield penlty is (-8, I think? I’m not sure if that’s flat)
(To P.O.M): Straight die, -8
(To P.O.M): As per RUE, pg 330 anyways.
(From P.O.M): If I have any magic bonuses such as a tattoo that gives me +2 to parry does it count ? the magic bonus for magic sheilds count…
AJ B. (GM): (alright, Leah will take up a rifle alongside Ambrose
(From P.O.M): at least for the spell…
(To P.O.M): Only if the tattoo is active I beleive. Confirming, one moment please.
AJ B. (GM): (everyone ready to start then?)
(From P.O.M): I have the weapon bonus tattoo for my shield :)
Ambrose Betamax: sure
(To P.O.M): From 2 weapons crossed, yeah?

Hoi Hoi Polloi salutes Ambrose
(From Hoi Hoi Polloi): yep

Ambrose Betamax girds his loins for battle
(To P.O.M): Confirming; that’s a call for the GM.
(To P.O.M): Confirming. Please wait.
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (zea you think using a flashbang in the water war would be fair?)
Zea: (Haha! Nuuuuu.. not really. Be funny as all heck, though)
(To P.O.M): Confirmed: GM ruling, the bonus only applies when the tattoo is active, unfortunately. As per GM, “Has an activation cost and duration, so it has to be active and it states its with weapons that fall into that category.”
AJ B. (GM): (alright, init from everyone then please)
Ambrose Betamax: rolling 1d20 + 1
(
18
)+1
= 19
P.O.M: Initiative With Gun 20
(To P.O.M): I am confirming if one can ditch the shield / weapon and retain bonus. One moment.
(From Hoi Hoi Polloi): would it work with a cardboard shield ?
(To P.O.M): Confirmed! One can drop the shield or weapon that has been summoned by the tattoo; the weapons must still exist for the bonus to apply, but you can drop it and whip out my vibroblade and retain the bonus. It would work for a cardboard shield, but you’d have to deal with your summoned shield somehow.
(From Hoi Hoi Polloi): the crossed weapons doesn’t summon a shield
(To P.O.M): If you dismiss the shield that is summoned, the bonus vanishes.
(To P.O.M): It’s an effect added to a weapon tattoo; it summons what items are there, no?
(From Hoi Hoi Polloi): Power: The T-Man is +1 to strike and + 2 to parry with any type of weapon that falls into that category, whether it be one of his tattoo weapons or a normal weapon. The bonuses are in addition to any combat or W.P. skills.
(To P.O.M): Magic weapons are magic tattoos that create a seemingly real, physical weapon out of thin air. The magic weapon is indestructible and
Zea: has special powers or properties. Like the simple weapons, the type of
weapon is limited to those used in hand to hand combat like the mace,
knife, sword, bow and arrow, etc. A magic weapon may have more
than one magic feature. For example, a flaming axe with wings means
the weapon inflicts mega-damage, has triple the normal range when
thrown and magically returns when thrown.
Zea: Teach me to use notepad
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (the weapons crossed only gives bonuses it doesn’t summon a weapon)
(the flaming shield summons a weapon though)
AJ B. (GM): (actually according to first paragraph under Magic Weapons)
(Magic weapons are magic tattoos that create a seemingly real, physical
weapon out of thin air. The magic weapon is indestructible and
has special powers or properties. Like the simple weapons, the type of
weapon is limited to those used in hand to hand combat like the mace,
knife, sword, bow and arrow, etc. A magic weapon may have more
AJ B. (GM): than one magic feature. For example, a flaming axe with wings means
the weapon inflicts mega-damage, has triple the normal range when
thrown and magically returns when thrown.)
Zea: (IE, the magic weapon tattoos can be mixed and matched to your heart’s content)
AJ B. (GM): (which is weird seeing as all the others mention a weapon specifically. but would explain why crossed weapons has the clarification it does)
Zea: (GM’s call.)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (if this is true I could combine weapons crossed with flaming shield?)
Zea: (I personally see zero reason that you could not; the way I read them was that that was it’s intended purpose)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (sweet then my parry bonus would be +4 with a flaming shield…)
Zea: (But only with that flaming shield)
(But yep!)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (aye and +2 with other shields)
Zea: (‘Zactly)
AJ B. (GM): (I’m willing to say yeah crossed weapons would summon based on what its stating about Magic weapon tats there)
(To P.O.M): Thank you for putting up with me being a power gamer who min maxes.
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (just add the p.p.e cost to the shield?)
Zea: (Yep)
AJ B. (GM): (yep that and the durations if different will expire differently)
(From Hoi Hoi Polloi): oh its best to get these things sorted out so that in the future we can get things done faster
(To P.O.M): Totally. This is why I’ve typed up a 75 page compedium)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (same time so it works)
Zea: (Anywho! Hoi’s action first, I believe)
AJ B. (GM): (correct)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (sorry was chatting)

Hoi Hoi Polloi takes out her Water Pistol of Extreme Prejudice hitting 2 for 2
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (I miss the barricade…)
Zea: (Keep in mind the gun’s 15 ft range)
AJ B. (GM): (what were you aiming at there?)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (the barricade)
(but I guess I miss anyway since its out of range lol)
AJ B. (GM): (well as you botched you may have hit something…)
(it would appear you got lucky and missed your teammates and your own barricade at least)

Ambrose Betamax runs up like a maniac, squirting like mad
AJ B. (GM): (movement would have been the action)

Ambrose Betamax runs up like a maniac and then stands there without doing much
AJ B. (GM): Well with an easy target in reach Ambrose may be getting soaked here shortly.
Five fires at him (dodge, parry, simul attack, do nothing?)
Ambrose Betamax: (that’s what she said.)
(dodge)
AJ B. (GM): (roll it)

Ambrose Betamax takes out a panthlet with his stats on
Ambrose Betamax: rolling 1d20 + 5
(
8
)+5
= 13
AJ B. (GM): (4 damage to SDC) The pistol blast hits ambrose square in the chest as the child giggles maniacally
Six fires and misses completely
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (giggles maniacally… a serial killer in the making)
AJ B. (GM): Seven fires (defense?)

Ambrose Betamax groans loudly and mimes horrible injury. “Aaaargh a touch, I do regret it! I fear I breathe my last!”
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (seven fires on who?)
AJ B. (GM): (Ambrose)
(this is entirely your team aiming at the only enemy target in range)
Ambrose Betamax: (lol)

Ambrose Betamax tries to dodge again…?
AJ B. (GM): (roll it)
Ambrose Betamax: rolling 1d20 + 5
(
16
)+5
= 21
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (why does everyone on my team look like frog people with a snorkle)
AJ B. (GM): Ambrose deftly avoids the water rifle blast from seven
(laziness mostly, thats the “Raider” avatar/token)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (lots of fun)
(raiders vs hill billies)
Ambrose Betamax: (I’ll send you back to Billie hill, you bastards…"
AJ B. (GM): Eight shoots for Ambrose
(defense? he’s using a pistol)

Ambrose Betamax dodges again! Full matrix!
Ambrose Betamax: rolling 1d20 + 5
(
19
)+5
= 24
AJ B. (GM): Ambrose again deftly avoids the stream nimbly dancing out of its way.
Finally number nine takes his shot at Ambrose.

Ambrose Betamax is gonna create a spy network out of a bunch of loveable scamps after this
AJ B. (GM): and misses horribly
Leah runs up on the other side of the fortifications from Ambrose
Ambrose Betamax: (can ambrose try to get hit by it to make the kid feel better?)
(Ambrose likes kids.)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (likes kids like M.J and R.Kelly or likes kids like the dudes from sesame street or the wiggles?)
Ambrose Betamax: (the one that isn’t awful lol)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (Even i have a hard time telling the difference)

Ambrose Betamax is gonna go with Mister Rogers neighborhood
AJ B. (GM): Ambrose’s whole team moves up
Ambrose Betamax: (WILL YOU BE MY NEIGHBOR lunge)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (sweet I will probably watch it, never heard of the show… only 905 episodes so its doable)
Ambrose Betamax: waaaat Mr. Rogers is amaze
(Ambrose said, in character)
AJ B. (GM): (yeah but american PBS show)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (yeah more episodes than the anime I’v been watching as a child….)
AJ B. (GM): (though he managed to keep PBS on the air by talking to Congress himself, which is fucking awesome)
Zea: (Mr. Rogers is a true American Badass)
Ambrose Betamax: (yeah man, Rogers was the best)
AJ B. (GM): (and Ambrose if you want to try and get hit by it roll body block I guess)
Ambrose Betamax: (where do I find that stat?)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (Detective Conan is only at episode 775 one piece is as at 691..)
AJ B. (GM): (believe it will be a straight roll for you)
Ambrose Betamax: rolling 1d20 +
(
9
)
= 9
(hey hoi, will you be my neighbor? :3)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (I’m being attacked ?)
Ambrose Betamax: (no?)
AJ B. (GM): Ambrose manages to shift into the way though its kind of obvious, and he takes 14 “damage” for it
Ambrose Betamax: (lol I dunno how to track all this stuff so I’m leaving it to uh everyone else lol
AJ B. (GM): (nope was just sorting out the Ambrose makes child feel better thing, it’s hoi’s turn now)
(Not’s stream has it all being tracked Im sure
Zea: (Is doing all the tracking)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (Oh then sure I will be your neighbor… neighbor with benefits _ )
Ambrose Betamax: (leah will have things to say about that lol)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (she can join in we can have sandwiches)
AJ B. (GM): (Hoi going to try and shoot anyone or anything?)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (yay my turn I will take out my rival)
(aiming at leah)
AJ B. (GM): (taking aim as action or shooting? damn rifts and the need to ask that lol)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (nah just a normal shot)
Zea: (Haha. Without WP: Pistol, aimed shots aren’t a thing for anyone in this one, thankfully)
AJ B. (GM): (roll it then)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (I have W.P energy pistol >_>)

Hoi Hoi Polloi takes out her Water Pistol of Fail hitting 3 for 6
AJ B. (GM): (And hoi misses completely)
(2 shy of at least making her dodge)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (my first roll to shot was a 1… my second roll to shoot was a 2… my 3rd will be a 3…)
Zea: (Ambrose is outta actions from dodging)
AJ B. (GM): Five: goes for Leah
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (is leah wearing a shirt?)
AJ B. (GM): Leah Goes for a simul attack on Five
Ambrose Betamax: (Just call me dodgy dodgerson)
AJ B. (GM): (1 damage to Leah, 6 damage to kid five)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (since leah is wearing a shirt…)

Hoi Hoi Polloi shouts at the kids "Aim for her tata’s
Ambrose Betamax: “I second that motion!”
AJ B. (GM): Congrats you got the kids laughing, and Ambrose just added to it, they are now all laughing so hard that every child here has just lost their action.
Leah takes full advantage of this and aims for Hoi’s chest.
and misses
(Hoi your action)
Zea: (www.livestream.com/dragonflicks for those who need the tracker link)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (I take an aimed shot at Leah’s TaTa’s)
AJ B. (GM): (well since thats main body anyways just a normal roll)
Zea: (Would be 2 actions; 1 to aim, next to fire)
AJ B. (GM): (ahh fair point kinda spacey today)
Zea: (Also, aimed shots technically (-technically!-) require the appropriate WP. These’re squirt guns, however, so.. uh.. ‘s not likely they require much skill)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (Targeting Optics for squirt guns)
AJ B. (GM): (so going to take the time to line up the shot?)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (aye… next time Im going to attach lazer pointers to these things)
AJ B. (GM): (currently only Leah and Hoi have actions left lol)
(what are the penalties for a called show to the head Not?)
*shot
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (It’s called shot to the breasts…)
Zea: (-3 or -4 for headshots)
AJ B. (GM): Leah goes for a called shot to the head of hoi not bothering with the focus of an aimed shot.
and misses again
(roll your shot Hoi, Not what does aimed shot add?)
Zea: (Aimed is +2)

Hoi Hoi Polloi takes out her Water Pistol of Nipple Revealing hitting 10 for 4
AJ B. (GM): Leah goes for a simultaneous shot at Hoi
(4 damage to Leah, 10 to Hoi)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (I haz paired weapons can I attempt to parry it?)
AJ B. (GM): (give me a moment to check on that)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (also the penalty for blocking bullets and energy blasts is -8 but slow moving projectiles is only -3 would that count for water pistols?)
AJ B. (GM): (yeah slow moving projectiles I’d say, and yes it appears you can go for a parry here)
(roll it if you wish)

Hoi Hoi Polloi defiantly uses her Shield of Occasional Censorship parrying the attack 8 with barely any modesty
AJ B. (GM): And although you give an admirable attempt it still isn’t enough and the blast hits your arm anyways.
(hoi’s action and then a new round)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (I will just shoot her hopefully I hit her chest)
AJ B. (GM): (roll it)

Hoi Hoi Polloi takes out her Water Pistola hitting 7 for 1
AJ B. (GM): (man you just can’t hit that 8 or above spot can you?)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (The fail is strong in this one)
(I need a water sabre)
(like a light sabre but with water)
AJ B. (GM): Hoi’s attack goes just over Leah’s shoulder and she laughs and says “Y’know kids I wouldn’t take orders from her if I were you,”
(Alright, new round, new init, roll em)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (I get an autokick can I do a sweep on leah)
Zea: (Not from 10 ft away)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (can I kick a kid into leah)
( j/k )
Initiative With Gun 12
Zea: (That actually got me to laugh out loud with a declaration of “Oh my god that’s terable.” as I saw it happen before my mind’s eye)
AJ B. (GM): (Ambrose your init?)
(darn I was looking forward to you failing to restrain your strength and exploding a kids chest or something)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (I don’t have Supernatural strength on all the time )
(but yeah my normal strength could probably kill them)
AJ B. (GM): (ahh, thought your race was one of the ones above standard strength)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (nope just normal until I activate a tattoo… but I do have a high strength…)
AJ B. (GM): (ahh kk)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (Ambrose needs to roll initiative?)
AJ B. (GM): (yep, finding out where he vanished to)
Ambrose Betamax: (sry)
rolling 1d20 + 5
(
6
)+5
= 11
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (1 under my again… )
(me*)
AJ B. (GM): (Alright looks like leah is up first,) Leah smirks and points her water gun straight at Hoi’s face.
(defense?)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (Parry can I simultaneously shot as well?)
AJ B. (GM): (from what I’ve read of paired weapons yeah you can)
(roll em)

Hoi Hoi Polloi defiantly uses her Spartan Shield parrying the attack 7 with extreme spartan prejudice

Hoi Hoi Polloi takes out her Water Pistol of Excessive Failure hitting 14 for 4
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (I’m tempted to take out the water canon I brought)
AJ B. (GM): (4 damage to leah, but a fail on the parry) The blast not only hits hoi square in the face and slams hard for (33 damage)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (omg…)
AJ B. (GM): (critted headshots, the great equalizer)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (that bitch)
Zea: (Right in the eye!)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (wait the head… I’m an MDC creature… that would do only 1 M.D damage to me…)
(lol 1 M.D with a water gun)
Zea: (We’re just doing 50 SDC / 50 hp for the sake of fun)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (yeah but Its funny)
Zea: (It IS amusing)
AJ B. (GM): (yep, admittedly if a water gun can do that, what would one of those water saws do?)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (omg a thousand kids with a water gun taking shots to the face could kill an mdc creature)
AJ B. (GM): (assuming they could hit a damn thing)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (if they aimed at a large dinosaur they would be easy to hit)
AJ B. (GM): (anyhow,. Hoi is up)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (I activate my beautiful dancer tattoo)
(time to cheat)
(To P.O.M): Book?
(From Hoi Hoi Polloi): world book 21 / pg 103
(To P.O.M): Thank you
AJ B. (GM): (I hope you know what you’re doing.)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (yes I do)
(I get movement as well right?)
AJ B. (GM): (well you do need to touch the tattoo so you kind of have the issue of holding two things atm)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (I can use the free fingers since I’m only holding a pistol?)
AJ B. (GM): (yeah that works. and yes you can move while doing it)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (Do I get cover if I hide behind the kids lol)
AJ B. (GM): (not really though your barricades can supply cover if you’re ducked down/crouched)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (I will duck behind this side of the barricade then)
AJ B. (GM): (kk)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (I assume if I ducked where I was she would still have a clear line of sight)
AJ B. (GM): (nope, thats the point of cover, is so she won’t have a clear line of sight)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (oh then I will duck where I was)
AJ B. (GM): (alright)
Zea: (Ambrose’s action I think?)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (aye)
Ambrose Betamax: (ooh)

Ambrose Betamax fires at the nearest little kid.
AJ B. (GM): (kk roll it)
Ambrose Betamax: (whats my bonus?)
Zea: (1)
Ambrose Betamax: rolling 1d20 + 1
(
18
)
1
= 19
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (you decapitate the kid)
AJ B. (GM): The kid decides to return fire (roll damage)
Ambrose Betamax: (eeer lol)
Zea: (3d6)
Ambrose Betamax: rolling 3d6 +
(
6
+
3
+
6
)
= 15
AJ B. (GM): (14 damage to Ambrose and 15 to the kid)
Ambrose’s team decides its better to remove the barricade
(19 damage to the barricade at the front as all but one of them hit it)
Hoi’s team having recovered from their earlier laughter turn on Leah
Five Hits, Leah attempts to dodge and fails. taking 6 damage
Six Misses
Ambrose Betamax: (I bet the kids name is actually six)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (to what degree has my 4 dmg made Leah’s shirt see-through)
Zea: (15 damage has made it slightly moist)
Ambrose Betamax: (My breasts have been moistened!)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (I did a called shot to the breast ._.)
AJ B. (GM): Seven hits and Leah fails to dodge again taking 12 damage
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (27 damage… shes got 23 left right ?)
Zea: (Yep!)
AJ B. (GM): Eight hits as leah fails to dodge 6 damage
Nine hits and leah fails another dodge taking 11 more
(and now leah ate all her moves failing to avoid shots)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (I use hypnotic suggestion on leah)
“Leah you know Ambrose would like to see you in all your glory, he has a thing for see through shirts… Maybe you should help things along”
(16 to resist tattoo magic)
(Did I fail?)
AJ B. (GM): (was sorting through some things, that powers iffy with its odd description, had to figure out where the line between subtle and overt is)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (indeed and the fact that you can make people hallucinate… and imagine images and noises… makes it all the more confusing)
AJ B. (GM): (whether it worked or not, no real way for you to tell at this time. So Ambrose you’re up)
Ambrose Betamax: (hmmm)

Ambrose Betamax keeps squirting away at the nearest kid, totally drenching him.
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (agreeing with my statement would be a good start )
Ambrose Betamax: rolling 1d20 + 1
(
14
)+1
= 15
AJ B. (GM): Kid goes for a simul attack
and barely squeaks into a hit. (roll damage Ambrose)
Ambrose Betamax: rolling 3d6
(
2
+
4
+
2
)
= 8
AJ B. (GM): (15 to Ambrose 8 to the kid)
Ambrose’s team goes after the barricade once more.
Four turns his rifle wrong and shoots one for18
One responds by changing his target and going for a headshot on four and doing 15 damage to him.
Two and three noticing the chaos start aiming for Leah
doing a total of 2 to her.
AJ B. (GM): Hoi’s team continues attempting to take out Leah
15 damage total on Leah
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (Leah’s on -11 I think shes out)
AJ B. (GM): (not quite, that’d just be her SDC not her HP)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (her shirt is totally see-through now though?)
AJ B. (GM): (basically treating this as SDC is soaked and still having fun, end of hp is, alright thats enough)
(yeah pretty much)
Zea: (Phone)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (I use hypnotic suggestion on Ambrose…)
Ambrose Betamax: (?)
(the boobs are already hypnotic enough lol)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: Ambrose look Leah’s shirt is now see through… I think you should burn that image into your mind, perhaps even burn that image into your mind for future reference…
(opps repeated myself… meant to say perhaps even take a mental snapshot of that image for future reference..)

Ambrose Betamax goggles at leah. Full on googley eyes.

Hoi Hoi Polloi shouts out “Someone get Ambrose a pen and paper, maybe some water colors or at least a camera”
AJ B. (GM): (you do have the option of rolling a save, but can choose not too if you don’t wish)
Ambrose Betamax: (lol, ambrose dun want no save :P)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (is the cold water making dem nipples perky?)
AJ B. (GM): (alright so Ambrose, that your full action is to stare dumbfounded at Leah?)

Ambrose Betamax stares at leah, the entire squirtgun match forgotten.
AJ B. (GM): (hmm, end of august in australia, not sure what the temp would be like or how quick water would warm up)

Hoi Hoi Polloi imagines hearing bagpipes in the distance as she mourns the loss of her friend Ambrose who is literally like a dear in headlights
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (August is like end of winter spring starts about in september)
Zea: (Low 70’s)
(~16c)
(Sorry, 60)
AJ B. (GM): (anyhow, Hoi your next action)
Zea: (Also, still on the phone. Woo tech support for the blind
AJ B. (GM): (if Im not mistaken last action for Hoi and Ambrose has two more at that point)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (just checked the mean temp for august in Australia Melbourne is max 15 degrees Celsius min 6.7 degrees Celsius)
hmm…
(I use suggestion on Leah)
Leah you should strike poses for Ambrose, he is enamored at the sight of you…
AJ B. (GM): (can assure you that’s not going to work)
(thats a blatant direction, not a subtle implanted thought)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (hmm… what if I add perhaps…)
Leah perhaps you should strike posses for Ambrose, he is enamored by the sight of you…
AJ B. (GM): (that’s pushing it but will let it slide this time since we’re really just goofing off. In more serious moments, you’d need something more subtle, like suggesting he’d enjoy seeing her dance or the like)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (indeed, I have to get used to this obscenely vague power)
AJ B. (GM): (yeah, its rifts, contragiction and vagueries abound lol)
(alright, so in Ambrose’s next two actions does he do anything?)

Ambrose Betamax is enjoying the view :P
AJ B. (GM): (Then that would be init as the next round begins))
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (Perky nipples have a 10 ft reach your lucky your eyes don’t get poked out by their extreme perkiness)
Initiative With Gun 20
Ambrose Betamax: rolling 1d20 + 5
(
3
)+5
= 8
AJ B. (GM): Hoi and her team have simul init then. (Hoi any preference on if you or kids state action first?)

Hoi Hoi Polloi exclaims “Lets help Leah get a good view of Ambrose…”
Zea: (Almost done)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (lol)
(Hoi Hoi’s playing cupid)
Zea: (When they paid for the house, can’t quite say no)
AJ B. (GM): (understandable)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (kids can go first I want to see what they do)
AJ B. (GM): The oldes one turns towards Hoi leveling his rifle at her and smirks as he yells “NOW!” all the kids cheer, and there seems to be a sudden change in attitude as the three adults now all appear to be targets.
Five fires on Leah
and misses
six fires on Ambrose
(defense Ambrose?)

Ambrose Betamax is still pretty stuck on leah and doesn’t even notice himself getting shot at.
AJ B. (GM): (11 damage to Ambrose)
Seven aims for Hoi and fires
(defense?)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (if hes right next to me I get to use my full parry?)
Zea: (That’d be knocking the gun away itself, so I’d think so?)
AJ B. (GM): (yeah believe you would)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (water fight srs bsnz
AJ B. (GM): (was just checking the penalty stuff only says dodge suffers from close range, no mention on parry)
(so full parry if you wish to)

Hoi Hoi Polloi defiantly uses her Shield of pointlessness parrying the attack 19 with exaggerated effort
AJ B. (GM): and hoi succeeds at parrying the attack.
Eight attempts to shoot her as well.

Hoi Hoi Polloi cries at finally succeeding
AJ B. (GM): (defense?)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (parry :)
AJ B. (GM): (roll it)

Hoi Hoi Polloi defiantly uses her Shield of May Not Fail This Time parrying the attack 15 with enough wishful thinking to fill a bathtub
AJ B. (GM): after slapping both of their guns away nine realizes he needs some distance and steps back
(Hoi your action?)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: I shoot nine
AJ B. (GM): (roll it)

Hoi Hoi Polloi takes out her Water Pistol of Revenge hitting 8 for 1
Zea: (Moveing shot?)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (I guess it may be if taking a 5 ft step counts I cant take it back)
Zea: (That’s one thing we still need to set up; moving shots’re actually a thing specific to Special Forces Ranged)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (unless I can shoot then move)
AJ B. (GM): (itd take seperate actions to move, thats why ambrose ended up standing at that corner his first action)
(and why nine didnt shoot you after his backstep)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (ahh then I if I can I would just shot)
AJ B. (GM): (works for me)
(he goes for a simul attack)
(which he misses anyhow, roll damage)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (I did 1 damage)
AJ B. (GM): (oh spaced that part)
All of Ambrose’s team seems now determined to take Leah out all of a sudden.
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (They hit puberty before my team… )

Ambrose Betamax suddenly really likes these kids.
AJ B. (GM): (27 damage on Leah)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (I wonder if water can do enough damage to remove her clothing or destroy it)
AJ B. (GM): (who didn’t see the first shot, but didn’t attempt to avoid any of the others.
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (is Leah making any poses )
AJ B. (GM): (thankfully for her it can’t otherwise washing machines would destroy normal clothing)
Zea: (She’s probably squealing and laughing)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (If you wash a shirt enough times it would get destroyed… I’ve seen someone shirt get ripped off by a firemans hose)
AJ B. (GM): (so what is she left at hp wise if anyone knows)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (12 hp )
Zea: (11)
AJ B. (GM): (if we gave the children firehoses then yes they could, they could also kill themselves quite well
)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (dang I miscalculated by 1)
AJ B. (GM): (Ambrose’s turn)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (If I use a water canon on Leah and do a called shot to her clothes would it remove it?)

Ambrose Betamax shoots at leah too!
Ambrose Betamax: rolling 1d20 + 3
(
3
)+3
= 6
AJ B. (GM): (hmm, not really possible to just hit her clothes the cannon will hit her as well))
(Ambrose misses)
Leah looks at her soaking wet clothes and having seen Ambrose aiming for her as well, she shrugs and strips them off, shifting her fur color to urban camo, as she turned and walked off to the towels the hospital had nearby.
Ambrose Betamax: “aaaaw…”
AJ B. (GM): The kids cheer at having driven one adult off the field, even as Leah sits nearby drying off and gyrating some as she stares at Ambrose.

Ambrose Betamax grins at leah and tries to think of a good excuse to join her :3
AJ B. (GM): The kids each seem to have realized they cant take out Hoi and turn on Ambrose instead.
Five takes a shot (Defense?)

Ambrose Betamax wants to join leah, so he mimes getting horribly wounded and falls over.
AJ B. (GM): (do you have the acting skill?)
Zea: (Nope)
AJ B. (GM): (ok nearest relevant skill? if none roll vs IQ)
Ambrose Betamax: (lol that might be seduction)
AJ B. (GM): (seduction I’d say a minus 40% for this particular attempt)
Ambrose Betamax: (lol iq might be higher then lol)
Zea: (Begging at 60%, Gabling: dirty Tricks at 56, or Seduction at 42)
AJ B. (GM): (Id say gambling dirty tricks could be done at -30)
Ambrose Betamax: (ok so what do I roll?)
Zea: (1d100
AJ B. (GM): (1d100, trying to get under 26)
Zea: ( less than 26)
Ambrose Betamax: rolling 1d100 +
(
49
)
= 49
(lol)
(The children are not fooled :P)\
AJ B. (GM): (the kids shrug and turn their attention to Hoi, but you’re right nobodies fooled by it.)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (My turn?)
Zea: (Yep)
AJ B. (GM): (correct)

Hoi Hoi Polloi casually walks up whispers and uses Hypnotic Suggestion on Ambrose “I heard that they used to show vids of animals and animal like D-Bees mating for educational purposes for children… We seem to have 2 such fine specimens today…”
AJ B. (GM): (that’d require climbing over or going through the barricade to get there
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (cant i walk through a kids square?)
AJ B. (GM): (nope, they’re now all enemy combatants and would stop you)
(when they were your teammates you could have)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (how about that way?)
AJ B. (GM): (can though they will call foul, green line is where field was set up for combat to avoid being near peoples houses or businesses)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (I can do it from behind the barricade)
(I will lean over it to whisper… I’m 7 ft tall)
AJ B. (GM): (that works)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (7,8,9 get a leaf pantyshot as I bend over… luckily they have yet to hit puberty)
AJ B. (GM): (Alright, up to Ambrose if he wants to resist the subtlely implanted suggestion he should go mate with Leah)
Ambrose Betamax: (lol no he does not :P)
“that…sounds like the best idea EVER.”

Melo has no idea just what he’s going to need to do during his down time to get the deer-bees out of jail for public indecency.
AJ B. (GM): (alright, then hoi’s action is done and its kids turn, Ambrose will be able to leave the field here shortly)
Four shoots at Hoi
(defense?)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (I play this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xat1GVnl8-k on the turn that Ambrose walks over to Leah)
(which kids?)
Zea: (I already beat you to that on the combat tracker stream)
(And #4)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (parry…)
AJ B. (GM): (three of the kids moved to get into range but their one rifleman is aiming to take you out. Roll it)

Hoi Hoi Polloi defiantly uses her Generic Shield parrying the attack 10 with with a smile
AJ B. (GM): And you just barely overshoot the parry as you are hit in the shoulder (10 damage)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (Down to 47 HP)
AJ B. (GM): (Ambrose’s turn)

Ambrose Betamax , hypnotized, heads for leah thinking of some place they could do stuff privately :3
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (My suggestion was publicly inclined >_>)
AJ B. (GM): (technically just suggested sex and videotape)
(remember this implants subtle thoughts in his head, not full blown mind control)
(they will form to his personality and attitude)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (I know, but one can hope can’t they?)
AJ B. (GM): (hope springs eternal)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (If only I could grant Ambrose supernatural strength with my tattoo for the duration of their mating ritual lol… MDC thrust)
AJ B. (GM): (alright thats both of them off the field, and the children turn their full attention on hoi.)
Five aims for Hoi (Defense?)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (parry…)
AJ B. (GM): (roll it)

Hoi Hoi Polloi defiantly uses her Shield of Shieldness parrying the attack 14 with lack of conviction
AJ B. (GM): Apparently your lack of conviction is your downfall as 5 points strike you
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (have my macro setup so I can add it what weapon I use, what bonus and what effort)
AJ B. (GM): six turns his rifle on you (Defense?)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (parry he is adjacent to me)
AJ B. (GM): (yep)
(him and seven)

Hoi Hoi Polloi defiantly uses her Shield of Stinginess parrying the attack 19 with excessive lack of force
AJ B. (GM): You just barely miss defending yourself as 15 points spray against your arm
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (lol dam these kids and their commando like to hit)

Hoi Hoi Polloi shouts “Avenge me Doctor… Avenge Me….”
AJ B. (GM): (so far you keep rolling 1 short of them lol)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (whats the doctors name ?)
AJ B. (GM): (and considering they’re living on straight rolls lol)
(I will have to dig in the history for that)
(seven goes for a headshot, defense)

Hoi Hoi Polloi defiantly uses her Shield of Failure by 1 parrying the attack 19 with a failure by 1 again
AJ B. (GM): (the blast hits the shield full on doing no damage to it)

Hoi Hoi Polloi blinks… “It worked…”
AJ B. (GM): eight goes for a shot at Hoi

Hoi Hoi Polloi defiantly uses her Lucky Shield of Ambiguity parrying the attack 19 with dubious expectations
AJ B. (GM): Again the blast hits the shield and is stopped dead
Hoi Hoi Polloi: …
“I’m getting the hang of not failing at life..”
AJ B. (GM): (looks like Hoi has two actions left and the kids have none)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: I move there and shoot 1

Hoi Hoi Polloi takes out her Water Pistol of Less Fail hitting 17 for 6
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (err I guess 5 then…)
(Or I could shoot then move taking up my turns)
AJ B. (GM): (your choice)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (I will shoot at one then move next turn)
AJ B. (GM): (since this is mostly just battle for the sake of getting the hang of it no real worries on altering moves, that’ll change a bit when its life threatening)
(6 damage to one then, and new init)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (Must learn to think before I act…)
Initiative With Gun 20
AJ B. (GM): (ehh impulsive characters are fun to play, but they usually need good luck to have long lifespans)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (I have the worst luck in the universe… )
AJ B. (GM): (alright thats simul init again, you want first or kids?)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (kids can go…)
AJ B. (GM): Four shoots for you with his rifle and misses
Three shoots with the pistol and misses
the other two have moved closer
so your action now

Hoi Hoi Polloi uses hypnotic suggestion on Eight “If we team up, we could show these kids whose boss”
AJ B. (GM): (bit to direct to work there, he’d need more reason then just the belief you two could win against them all)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (I’d let him cop a feel… j/k)
(kids turn )
AJ B. (GM): (however you happen to know these kids from your time with them, so could play up some of the personal rivalries. he is one of the younger ones, and tends to get bossed around a lot)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (I will take that into account on the next try )
AJ B. (GM): Five shoots (defense?)

Hoi Hoi Polloi defiantly uses her Shield of Can Can, Can you do the Can Can parrying the attack 0 with Sunday night dance fever
Hoi Hoi Polloi: lol
Zea: (HA!)
AJ B. (GM): and congratulations you basically embraced the attack, taking 8 points of damage
Hoi Hoi Polloi: I deflect the attack into my chest
AJ B. (GM): six goes for you as well (defense?)
Ambrose Betamax: (this is a very cleavage centric squirtgun fight.)

Hoi Hoi Polloi defiantly uses her Shield of Please Don’t Fail parrying the attack 21 with Enough effort to cause an aneurysm
AJ B. (GM): again the attack is parried
seven shoots and misses
eight shoots (defense)

Hoi Hoi Polloi defiantly uses her Shield of Don’t Fail Me parrying the attack 22 with suspicion that the RNG is messing with her
Hoi Hoi Polloi: oh wait 8 shoots
hmm -12 from that I got a 10…
err wait even more -14 I got a 8
AJ B. (GM): missed the parry and took 4 damage
One shoots (defense?)

Hoi Hoi Polloi defiantly uses her Shield parrying the attack 18 with extreme prejudice
AJ B. (GM): success on the parry
two shoots (defense?)

Hoi Hoi Polloi defiantly uses her Shield parrying the attack 3 with failure in her eyes
AJ B. (GM): 3 damage as the parry misses its mark
three shoots and misses
four shoots (defense)
Zea: (12 hp left on Hoi)
AJ B. (GM): (well then this may be the final shot depending on defense and damage)
Zea: (I also need to step away for ~5 minutes. Shakes are setting in, need to eat)
AJ B. (GM): (kk)

Hoi Hoi Polloi bobs, weaves and ducks the water dodging for 16
AJ B. (GM): thats a successful parry
(your action Hoi)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: Thats a dodge… I loss my turn
AJ B. (GM): (ahh sorry really need to read more lol)
(and no you’d only lose your turn if you were out of actions)
Zea: (Yep! Still have 3 more actions)
AJ B. (GM): (if you want to hold off on your action that’s your call though)
(Leah and Ambrose just burned through so many dodges earlier that they ate their entire set of actions)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: I use my action to aim for eights head
(going to pick on the little one)
AJ B. (GM): (taking aim for this action then, or just going for a called shot?)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (aimed called shot )
AJ B. (GM): (alright so taking aim this action, called shot next action got it)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (is it possible to make it go off as a simultaneous action?)
(although pointless seeing as how they would run out of turns)
AJ B. (GM): (uhh let me check if I understand you, you’re making sure the bonus and penalty will occur in the same action yes?)
(if you’re trying to get an aimed shot to happen in a single action, not possible, the bonus is from taking careful aim thus the use of an action)
Zea: (Random note, if you’re aiming, you can’t parry / dodge without inturpting)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (no I mean once the aim the shot and call it then on the turn after when I can shoot without penalty I try to simultaneously strike)
Zea: (..Wat?)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (dam it that makes no sense)
Zea: (Haha. Ok, thank you.)
AJ B. (GM): (you have only one gun, if you had two you could fire them both)
Zea: (They’d be at some fairly hefty penalties, but yeah.)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (I meant once I aimed the shot… then called it… on the turn after when no penalty occurs I would hold my action to fire simultaneously with him)
AJ B. (GM): (yeah, you can hold actions for as long as theres still a turn order)
(once its just your actions, theres no point to holding them)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (but then I realized there is no point since he would run out of actions)
Zea: (Ok, so you’re trying to do an aimed called shot. 3 actions, +2 bonus to hit at his noggin. He’s going to take his action before you’d get to do that chronolgically, but it gets fuzzy with left over actions)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (so if the kids have any actions left…)
AJ B. (GM): (not really that fuzzy, for the moment she is setting up her aim, that makes it their action. for the time being any action on your part will interrupt the aiming)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (they go then finally me)
Zea: (Currently, Child 5, 6 7 8 and 9 all have actions, then you would, yes)
AJ B. (GM): so five shoots for you, the question is interrupt your aim or just take it?
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (take it like a man… err female)

Ambrose Betamax watches with leah as hoi womans up
AJ B. (GM): 1 damage
six shoots for you, (defense?)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (I will let them all hit can’t dodge)
AJ B. (GM): 12 damage there.
Zea: (-1)
AJ B. (GM): and I believe thats the end of your hp from this. The doctor comes onto the field with a towel and says you should stop before you catch pneumonia attempting to lead you off the field as the kids degenerate into a full on free for all

Hoi Hoi Polloi falls down and quotes, “To die, to sleep—. No more—and by a sleep to say we end.”
Zea: (And welcome to Rifts Combat. 45 seconds of play time took six hours)
Ambrose Betamax: lol
AJ B. (GM): (yep, overall 45 seconds to a minute of game time have passed in the hours we’ve played.)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (to be fair we weren’t playing seriously )
(but… with this much combat experience surely the children would be level 2 by now)
AJ B. (GM): (you think having your characters life on the line would Lower the time? roflmao so fucking hard it hurts)
Zea: (It can move fairly quickly after a while, but.. yeah. This is normal.)
AJ B. (GM): (theres also the factor of suddenly needing to decide what means life or death which usually means more consideration before stating an action IC)
(alright I think its time to call it though, any objections?)
(Also, I won’t be at home from sunday until thursday the 21st, so I wont have access to books during that time)
Ambrose Betamax: oki ^^
Zea: (I’m good)
Today is Thursday, March 7th, 2015. EXP is about to be given.
AJ B. (GM): 300 xp base, an extra 250 for Ambrose, and an extra 150 for Hoi.
Ambrose Betamax: :3
thanks for a great session, AJ :3
Zea: Yeah. Thank you again for running it.
AJ B. (GM): thanks for playing was awesome
Zea: Was fun to watch and do math for.
P.O.M: No children died in the running of this session… Not for lack of trying
Zea: haha
Ambrose Betamax: meanwhile, ambrose will be getting laid for the whole downtime :P
AJ B. (GM): (not until you acquire what she wants. smirks)

Ambrose Betamax points at his crotch “waaat this is more than anyone could want :P”
AJ B. (GM): maybe not died, but somebody undoubtedly got injured, thats the only way a water war ever ends.
lol

Melo is a total cock block.
Ambrose Betamax: YEAH, MELO
Melo: (I also can totally see Ambrose failing to figure out how a video camera works, due to his native technological ineptitude)
P.O.M: (I wish their was a spell or ability that insured automatic impregnation)
(like magic missile for sperm… I’d use it on Ambrose)
Ambrose Betamax: …poor Ambrose, he doesn’t wanna have kids D:
AJ B. (GM): (well thats why we have rules for creating spells in place, lol)
Melo: (…Oh god)
AJ B. (GM): (roflmao, still please don’t put me through that hell again, I already ran that game once)
P.O.M: (best part of a game is to have children then when the GM gets bored have him kill off the players and let them time skip to play their children…)
AJ B. (GM): (that;d be preferable to last time honestly)
(ended up with a group that wanted to role play having kids but never interacting with them and continuing their normal adventuring career)
(guess what doesn’t mix well with daily doses of lethal monsters, traps, explosions, and angry mobs)
P.O.M: (Child neglect?)
AJ B. (GM): was thinking infants in general, but that too
the mage player basically built the ultimate magical nanny setup
P.O.M: (you could have the children kidnapped into a rift to a dimension where time runs fast and raised to be the players mortal foes for abandoning them)
AJ B. (GM): self cleaning diaper, teddy bear transforming body guards, and pacifiers with a sleep spell on them.
nah, was gurps so went with a more fun plotline
basically one of the kids got infected by evil eventually, killing, enslaving or zombifying the whole family except for his sister
P.O.M: (he saved his sister cause he wished to mate with her?)
AJ B. (GM): sister comes back in time to explain what he’s about to do next and how truly fucking bad it is and why she is going to kill her infant brother
nope, he just hadn’t gotten around to her death yet
well death or capture
P.O.M: (oh… didn’t this cause a time paradox?)
AJ B. (GM): when you’re one of 5 you underestimate the youngest
as she failed to kill him it did not
players caught her, realized who she was, got an explanation and went with her to the future to try and Be parents.
stern talking to about wrong he did, and trying to make him see the light
Zea: And more zombification.
P.O.M: (would of been wiser to teach the kid to use his evil for good so that good people will like him and let him do more evil stuff)
(So by more zombification the players died?)
AJ B. (GM): nah, they eventually resolved a lot of it with only one player sacrificing himself for the greater good
was actually a very touching moment
but then the mage/mother (of all 5 children) retired the character
from there it kind of broke apart and everyone lost interest.
P.O.M: (you make it sound like she put out for the entire party to get those 5 children)
AJ B. (GM): admittedly its hard to top heroic sacrifice for your own kid.
correct
P.O.M: ….
AJ B. (GM): it was a group that consisted exclusively of furries
and they requested that I do this plotline where she had all the kids at once
P.O.M: Is Leah based on her character ?
AJ B. (GM): nope, Leah is a Professional whore who doesn’t mind taking a beating, or was until Ambrose rescued her from that life.
she’s also a drug addict juicer wannabe
who can’t set foot in certain areas of germany
honestly if she’s based off anyone its a conglomeration of various characters in media
P.O.M: at least she can teach Ambrose a few tricks
Zea: Melo’s tried. He’s hard to teach.
P.O.M: So Melo tried to teach Ambrose the kind of tricks shes teaching him during the downtime after my suggestion ?
thats an interesting plot development
Zea: Nah. He tried to teach him things like ‘The mean end of the gun is pointed this direction’
The first few lessons didn’t go very well.
P.O.M: ahh you need to do it like you would an animal
a squirt gun with lemon juice in it
Zea: Haha
P.O.M: if he points it the wrong way… well… he will get the idea quickly
AJ B. (GM): depends on where he’s firing it from, lemon juice to the body doesnt hurt without open wounds
P.O.M: What if you tweak the nozzle so that it sprays it as a fine mist
AJ B. (GM): that might work
Zea: (To GM) rolling 1d20 ME check
(
5
)
= 5
AJ B. (GM): how goes Pom?
P.O.M: Greetings
AJ B. (GM): been a good week I hope?
P.O.M: It’s freezing down here so caught a bit of a cold…
AJ B. (GM): ouch, know the feeling, been sick myself these past few days
P.O.M: Hopefully you are getting better.
I hate it when it seems to drag on…
AJ B. (GM): hopefully, but honestly watching moms dog and apartment means it takes longer to heal
bed is specifacally made for someone a foot shorter then me so sleep is absolute shit
P.O.M: ouch… If I am ever in that kind of a situation I just get a bunch of thick covers and place them on the floor until its soft enough to sleep, then sleep on that
AJ B. (GM): tried, there aren’t enough blankets here to outdo this floor
P.O.M: Be the great hunter and shoot the dog for its pelt and hunt down the neighbors and use their hides as a mattress
AJ B. (GM): believe me that is Really tempting, at least the neighbors part
some jackass kept letting their car alarm run for 3 to 5 minutes a couple nights ago
not once, or twice, but 4 fucking times
I dont know what the hell was setting it off that often, but I really hate those things

Ambrose Betamax boops everyone
P.O.M: At times like these EMP grenades would of been helpful

Hoi Hoi Polloi bobs, weaves and ducks the bop, contorting her body into a doughnut shape and rolling away dodging for 13
Hoi Hoi Polloi: and apparently rolling into the way of the boop…
AJ B. (GM): you guys ready to get back into it then?

Ambrose Betamax is totally back into it
AJ B. (GM): Alright, recappy goodness time

Bharat might be into it if he knew what was going on at any given time
AJ B. (GM): Last time on: The tattooed amazon and the society for the preservation of lethal species
Our fearless heroes have been preparing for their oncoming confrontation. Spending their time building, buying, and training using the most advanced combat techniques, most high tech equipment and the strongest warriors they could find. In this case children from a hospital and squirt guns.
Ambrose Betamax: (we have the best men we could find on the case! this is the ten year old boy we hired to help us!)
AJ B. (GM): Alright so we pick up at the end of the week of down time, so current situation in the city. There are whispers and rumors floating around of a vampire invasion, paranoia is at an all time high, (which is saying something) and even stranger, the guards at the gate are refusing to allow any D-bee to leave the city.
(up to each of you where you want to be at during this time)

Ambrose Betamax is stressed out about what happened at the shooting range, and still kind of hoping to find that magic oven.

Bharat Bharat is literally sitting around being hugely bored and considering making mischief. Also wants to go for a run outside the city cause exercise.

Hoi Hoi Polloi is doing what she does at the hospital often (causing trouble) if it is that time of the day if not she would be with the doctor continuing her nefarious schemes using her strengths to make him get what he deserves at every chance she gets

Melo does the bureaucratic thing. With the paperwork. Because he’s that good. Well, no. He has some other paperwork he needs to take care of first. But once that’s settled, he’d be making a few calls, checking in with a few people, and otherwise be getting prepped.
(From AJ B. (GM)): There is a message to all peacekeepers to be keeping an eye out for D-bees acting suspiciously and to ensure that they do not go into hiding. A ship has been spotted on the horizon and is expected to arrive tomorrow.

Hoi Hoi Polloi goes fully native and tries to survive in the wilderness 1 Successes

Hoi Hoi Polloi goes fully native and tries to survive in the wilderness 1 Successes
Bharat:
Bharat stares blankly at the man, watching him walk away.
((Taht didn’t work as intended.))

AJ B. (GM) turns into a fish
AJ B. (GM): (/em insert action here)
(To GM): When it came down to it, he didn’t want to deal with it. Too many battles, too many fronts. This is one the D-Bee’s were going to need to deal with on their own… But it’s also liable to start a riot if he doesn’t do something. What’s more, its a battle he knows far, far too little of. A very simple message would be composed: “Priorities?” And he’d eyeball it for a long moment before emptying out the buffer. “Guidance is requested.” would be typed out in a series of zeros and ones, and then sent to himself.
Bharat: ((It was supposed to be part of the private))

Hoi Hoi Polloi after spotting Bharat walks up and hails him
Hoi Hoi Polloi: “Greetings Bharat, may I have a moment of your time…”
Bharat: “Uh… ok?”

Hoi Hoi Polloi motions for Bharat to follow him to a private place away from prying eyes and ears

Bharat follows behind Hoi on all fours.
(From AJ B. (GM)): the priorities response, is simple “Keep D-bees undamaged and ensure arrival at the docks should the ship be a horune vessel arriving.” The response from Oracle is “Guidance on the arriving ship, the current paranoia over vampires, the increased activity in the M-quarter, or an issue that has yet to reach me?”
AJ B. (GM): need a perception roll to find such a place Hoi. unless you plan to discuss this at Melo’s house, or in Cockatrice’s bar.
Hoi Hoi Polloi: yeah thats what I was assuming
I guess Melo’s house would of been a good place except for the fact that Melo wants to probably kill me

Melo is only a mildly psychopathic murderer. Just mildly.
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (So Cockatrice’s bar it is, can we get a private room)
(oh and I pass by and see if Ambrose wants to come for a chat… he may want to join)
AJ B. (GM): (Ambrose is not at home, and that one will require either a Tracking (people) roll, or an intelligence roll to guess where he’s at.)

Hoi Hoi Polloi channels her inner beast and attempts to track her target 0 Successes
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (I fail)
(I will try guessing with intelligence but after that I will probably give up)
AJ B. (GM): (kk roll it)

Hoi Hoi Polloi gathers intelligence on his target 0 Successes
Hoi Hoi Polloi: …
“Note to self… Shoot Ambrose with a tracking device”
(hes probably making babies with the other fury… whose name starts with Z and probably ends with eah… that I can’t remember if its correct or not)
AJ B. (GM): (roflmao) Anyhow, there is a backroom in the bar. It’s about as private as it gets in there. The bartender holds up the key. “Minimum of 20 credits on drinks for use of it.”
(Leah)
(Leah Razortongue)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (yeah thats its… Zeah… _)
Ambrose Betamax: (lol watch them be in that backroom :P)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (lol)
“I ask Bharat if he drinks?”
(…)
(To GM): “The ship. Current intel indicates this will result in civil unrest. Unsure how to proceed and balance role as a peacekeeper, the requirements of several D-Bees in assistance against vampire threat, and local politics, in addition to ongoing safety of the city.” And again, he’d look at the message before erasing it. “The ship. Unsure of method of protecting all citizens, D-Bees and Humans, with minimal issue of civil unrest. Currently, too many battles, too many fronts, and this is one I know I do not have the time or resources to even start, let alone win.”
Hoi Hoi Polloi: “Bharat do you drink… alcohol?”
Bharat: “Bharat too big. No point.”
(From AJ B. (GM)): "Current data indicates the D-bees are distracted with their own projects. Would reccomend playing to their pride in their own work, and warning them of how much they will lose should they fight this. Unfortunately this agreement is neccessary. The Horune emphasized this point upon their first arrival by tearing down ‘The Needle’ without even making port.
Hoi Hoi Polloi: “Barkeep do you have anything powerful enough to test my big friend here?”
AJ B. (GM): The bartender grins. “Oh most certainly.” He mixes up a drink that he places on the bar. It is a sunshine yellow color, with red and blue bubbles rolling over the surface. “One Floored Firebrand. That’ll be fifty credits.”

Hoi Hoi Polloi hands it over and gives Bharat the drink then makes her way to the backroom
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (hands over the 50 credits that is)
AJ B. (GM): The bartender takes the credits and hands over the key.
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (is Ambrose in the room…)
AJ B. (GM): “Good luck with that sir. if you’re still standing afterwards, next drink is on me.”

Hoi Hoi Polloi enters the room

Hoi Hoi Polloi searches the place for any hidden surveillance devices

Hoi Hoi Polloi states “And all concealed things shall be revealed” and it may or may not have been so… 0 Successes
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (sighing on the metaphysical plane)
AJ B. (GM): In the back room you find two familiar Deerbees making out. Leah looks over and yells “Damn It Pink, you must really hate your arms”
Ambrose Betamax: (lol)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (Is Leah calling me Pink?)
AJ B. (GM): (nope, bartender is a four armed two headed electric pink woman)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (ahhh…)
(that explains alot)
AJ B. (GM): (I really need to remember to do my descriptions more often)

Bharat follows hoi while holding the drink and looking at it dubiously.
Hoi Hoi Polloi: “Just the person I was looking for… My veteran buddy from the water war, back when our own allies turned against us…”

Hoi Hoi Polloi waves to Ambrose

Ambrose Betamax blushes intensely and waves back
Ambrose Betamax: “er…hi….”\
AJ B. (GM): Leah looks at Hoi and turns a threatening shade of red as she tightens her grip on Ambrose’s waist.

Hoi Hoi Polloi laughs at Leah.. “Don’t mind me continue on nothing I haven’t seen before”

Hoi Hoi Polloi closes and locks the door behind her
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (and Bharat…)
Ambrose Betamax: (lol, you’re staying in the room?)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (yes…)
(your lucky I don’t have a camera)

Bharat wishes he had a camera in his eye
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (and youtube no longer exists)
Ambrose Betamax: (man, the universe just doesn’t want Ambrose and Leah to get lucky lol)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (you can do it while we talk…)
AJ B. (GM): Leah sighs as her fur returns to normal. “Alright, what do you want? Only people who Really want privacy use this room. and” she stops and sees the tankard in Bharat’s hand. “and if that drink is what I think it is, you must be desperate to have the lizard drunk.”

Hoi Hoi Polloi nods
Hoi Hoi Polloi: “It has come to my attention that a ship has been sighted and it may contain the slavers, it is my intention to fly over at night with a small force and investigate and perhaps take out the ship if it does belong to the slavers, I was thinking perhaps Ambrose may want to come along…”
AJ B. (GM): Leah’s jaw drops for a few moments, then she begins counting.
Leah Razortongue: 1, 2, 3
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (what is she counting lol)
(people?)

Ambrose Betamax is totally lost and is just kind of going with it.
Leah Razortongue: 4, 5, 6
Bharat: “Bharat can count to five!”
Ambrose Betamax: (this is like a sitcom)
Leah Razortongue: 7, 8, 9
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (shes gonna explode)
(sorry ambrose I may have to kill her)
Bharat: “Girl count better than Bharat”
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (any thing I can roll to see what she is doing?)
AJ B. (GM): 10, 11, 12
(well you can tell she is counting off seconds. as for why though nope)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (maybe she has trauma and is just counting things off… or waiting for Cockatrice to come in after overhearing what we said)
Leah Razortongue: 13, 14, (There is a loud knock on the door to the room) 15 she says emphatically.

Ambrose Betamax turns the shade of cautious curiosity. mauve.

Hoi Hoi Polloi opens the door

Bharat turns to look at the door. “Who’s there?”
Ambrose Betamax: (probably vault)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (its the fuzz)

Vault is simply on patrol duty. Don’t mind him.
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (quickly hide your port)

Melo is the fuzz!
AJ B. (GM): The large thuggish man who acts as Cockatrice’s bodyguard is standing out side. He places a heavy hand on Hoi’s shoulder. “The Boss requests your presence.”
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (err pot)

Hoi Hoi Polloi looks dead serious into the bodyguards eyes and stares for a few moments before calmly saying…“Is this a booty call?”

Hoi Hoi Polloi pats him on the back and laughs and then motions for him to lead the way laughing at her joke

Bharat whispers to Hoi. “What is booty call?”

Hoi Hoi Polloi whispers back to Bharat “I don’t know it is an archaic term I heard my elders use once…”
AJ B. (GM): The bodyguard does not seem amused. “My instructions are to take all of you upstairs, she was distinctly unclear on the how. So if you would all follow me we can do this civil like, yeah?”
Bharat: “Bharat no like stairs.”
Hoi Hoi Polloi: “I concur with my friend here do you perhaps have an elevator?”
(To GM): “Guidance is appreciated. Expected time the Horune will arive and be in port? Difficulty in legally getting D-Bee’s outside of the city to assist with the vampire issue, should the need arise?” Yep, he was still unclear of the path, but… He needed to deal with Grimgrin. He had to go in armed.
Bharat: “Elevator Worse!”
Melo: (Just ask Ambrose!)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: “If the Mistress requests an audience then I guess I shall comply, lead the way kind Sir…” emphasis on the kind which he is not
AJ B. (GM): He shakes his head and waves for each of you to go ahead of him. “Only one set of stairs, and only one door at the top of them, shouldn’t be too hard to navigate.”
Leah: “Bharat, Ambrose, please don’t argue with the man, he’s actually being surprisingly cordial considering…”
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (once got lost in a 1 room house… failed my land navigation check to find the door)
AJ B. (GM): The bodyguard cuts her off. “Shut it whore. Just because you know the business doesn’t mean you should talk it up.”
Bharat: “Bharat no want to.” He takes the moment to plant his heavy butt on the ground and sit there.
Ambrose Betamax: “….all?”

Ambrose Betamax makes a frowny face. ’butbut we were finally gonna…AAAAW."
AJ B. (GM): The bodyguard sighs and moves a hand towards a pocket. (if anyone intends to stop him its going to go to initiative, so need to know now)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: “Ambrose… The fact she knew he was coming meant she knew he was watching you two going at it… Do you understand the implications..”
Bharat: ((Bharat is just sitting being pouty))

Hoi Hoi Polloi spells it out for Ambrose…“Your now a.. Pornstar”
AJ B. (GM): She opens her mouth then promptly shuts it as she looks at the guard who has now pulled out a pocket watch and clicked it open.
He then turns it toward Bharat and lets it dangle and twirl at eye level to the sitting lizard.

Hoi Hoi Polloi thinks oh shit… as she quickly activates her tattoo which makes her impervious to mind control
AJ B. (GM): Leah has closed her eyes and attempts to cover Ambrose’s as well.
Melo: (/me eats pop corn)
AJ B. (GM): (Bharat, need a save vs mind control roll)
Bharat: (Uh… What kind of roll would that be?)
AJ B. (GM): (d20+(any relevant bonuses), don’t think you have any but don’t know for sure)
Ambrose Betamax: (lol leah knows how scusceptable to brain stuff ambrose is :P)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (would be bonus from M.E)
Melo: (Yeah, only if you have ME 16+. Otherwise, no OCC / RCC bonuses listed. Just checked)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (if any lol)
Bharat: (I have an ME of 17)
Melo: (Checking!)
(From AJ B. (GM)): Arrival is expected at 3 pm tomorrow, taking any d-bee outside the city while the horune are in port is strictly outlawed, no amount of paperwork, no loopholes, no method whatsoever. any attempt to escape is met with nonlethal force, and being forcibly brought to the docks, at a discount.
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (thats a 1)
(From AJ B. (GM)): or during any expected arrival
Melo: (
1 to Psi / Insanity)
(None directly to Mind Control, suprisingly)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (oO so it isn’t a psi ability?)
Melo: (Not always, newp)
AJ B. (GM): (mind control has its own save most of the time weirdly enough)
Melo: (It’s actually got it’s own explicit save)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: ( dang)
AJ B. (GM): (rifts likes to be fucking weird)
(looks like its a straight d20 roll then)
Bharat: (So, in fact, no bonuses? Just a straight d20?)
Melo: (Yep)
Bharat: rolling 1d20
(
1
)
= 1
((AAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHA))
AJ B. (GM): The bodyguard says “Get up, walk up the stairs, go through the door and sit down, do not say a word or make any fuss about it.”
the rest of you see Bharat do exactly that.
Leah having opened her eyes after the instructions, and removed her hand from Ambrose’s eyes.
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (if there was a cardboard box and rope handy I’d rig a harness and sled up those stairs on the box)
AJ B. (GM): “Now then, does anyone else have more objections about going to see Miss Cockatrice?”
Leah shakes her head and grabs Ambrose’s arm. “Come on, we do as the man says.”
Hoi Hoi Polloi: “I do… my objection is why are we standing here talking when she said to go upstairs?”

Hoi Hoi Polloi runs up the stairs at Mock speed… (yes mock)
AJ B. (GM): The bodyguard again waves his hand towards the stairs as Leah drags Ambrose along towards them moving quickly.

Ambrose Betamax does as leah tells him.
AJ B. (GM): Once everyone is upstairs you see cockatrice pacing, which is highly unusual in itself. The bodyguard clicks the watch shut and Bharat snaps out of the trance as the bodyguard pockets the pocketwatch.

Bharat turns and looks at the bodyguard. “Bharat will kill you.”

Hoi Hoi Polloi winks and blows a kiss at Cockatrice
AJ B. (GM): Cockatrice glares at Hoi. “You know, I thought you were smarter then this. I thought your group would have sent someone who understood our agreement clearly. I thought…” The skinny man standing nearby clears his throat. Cockatrice seems to restrain her temper some.
The bodyguard poorly mimics Bharat’s voice “Bharat will die trying.”

Hoi Hoi Polloi attempts to distract Bharat by pointing out the pretty lady “Look thats cockatrice ain’t she perdy”
AJ B. (GM): Cockatrice’s glare turns on her glare on the bodyguard, who promptly shuts up and seems to shrink from the gaze some.
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (hmm.. Cockatrice and a parrot those 2 go well together…)

Bharat ‘s tail lashes mechanically behind him. A deep bass sounds resonates from inside his chest and it takes a moment to realize he’s growling at the bodyguard.
AJ B. (GM): Cockatrice turns back to the group before her. “Alright, let’s make sure everyone is clear on why you’re up here.”
She then looks at Hoi “Would you care to enlighten your associates as to what led to this?”
The bodyguard stands up a bit taller and puffs out his chest but remains silent.

Bharat glares harder at the man. Attempting to seem bigger only made the lizard angrier.
Hoi Hoi Polloi: “Lead to…? My information or the decision to take out the slave ship?”
(To GM): “Understood. Once more, your assistance is appreciated.” A short, simple message. This both made things far easier and far more difficult. Time for action. Body armor, check. Dart Gun, check. Automag, check. Mace and sword, check. Deathbot? No room on the skycycle, and when it came down to it, the APC is just too damned difficult to drive in the M-Quarter. Back to the quarter he’d go, after grabbing a bottle of wine from the cellar. He didn’t care what it was. And now to find Grimgrin and deal with this.
Cockatrice: “Since someone failed to communicate how my agreement with your associates works let me clarify it for you. I provide assistance to them and their agents as needed, in exchange my city continues to operate smoothly and safely. Now let me give you a very clear picture of what you just claimed you were about to do. A single Horune ship contains 1 captain, 1 mystic, and a minimum crew of 20 Horune, all of whom are highly trained at combat, both in and out of the water. If they believe the city has attacked them they have assured us that we will regret it as every Horune injury will be met with 1 entire street leveled. So I consider it a Severe breach of our agreement to even be considering such a bafflingly stupid assault on them.”
Ambrose Betamax: “we were going to assault someone?”
Hoi Hoi Polloi: “I was unaware of any agreement between you and the organization, rule 1 of the operations manual of the organization states… Eradicate all Supernatural Evil…”
(From AJ B. (GM)): you find grimgrin sitting on a bleacher in the front row, staring at his arena. Empty for the time, but his stare is blank as if he is seeing something else besides empty sand.
Hoi Hoi Polloi: “The Horune I believe are considered as such…”
(To GM): He didn’t say a word, just hopping up on the bleachers and walking over to take a seat beside the ape. The cork removed, a swig of the bottle, and then he’d offer it to the D-Bee, wordlessly. Yep, words weren’t needed at this point of time. Or at least, for the first few minutes.
Cockatrice: “I will be speaking with your superiors about their lack of communication with their agents. For now a couple clarifications. Only their mystic is supernatural, the rest of them are flesh and blood, Very strong flesh and blood from another world perhaps, but they are no more supernatural then Horny is.” she waves at Ambrose. “As for being evil, thats certainly possible, they enslave, anyone they can, the only reason they haven’t attempted to do so to the entire city is the current agreement it holds with them and the potential loss of life and profit.”
Hoi Hoi Polloi: “hmm… the reason you don’t fight them is due to lack of information in regards to there military force and the location of their base of operations/origin?”
AJ B. (GM): “We don’t fight them because we know that one Horune ship was able to obliterate the central government building from ten miles away from making port. and that building was our most fortified along with being in the center of the city.”
(From AJ B. (GM)): Grimgrin takes a swig and hands it back. “As much as I needed that, what’s it for?”
Hoi Hoi Polloi: “Any clue to how it was done?”
AJ B. (GM): She shrugs. “Magic, its a large part of why the city has outlawed it.”
(To GM): “I need a reason to drink with a friend?” He wouldn’t even bother cleaning it off before taking another drink of his own. “And as much as I wish that were the reason for it… Same shit, different day, and as always, we need to talk.” A shrug. “You already heard the news, right?”
Hoi Hoi Polloi: “Any video of what occurred that I may analyze what happened?”
(From AJ B. (GM)): Grimgrin turns and raises an eyebrow “Aside from them locking the gates, no. They do that every so often, its just part of life.”
AJ B. (GM): Cockatrice shakes her head. “Unfortunately not. The Administration of the time really just assumed it was magic since our countermeasures should have stopped anything else.”
Hoi Hoi Polloi: “hmm… so no records, suspicious”
(any lore I can roll that may give me an idea what they could of done to accomplish this?)
AJ B. (GM): (Lore: Magic, penalty of -45% due to limited information)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: rolling d100< 0
(
12
)
= 0 Successes
lol
Ambrose Betamax: (You think it might have been moon nazis)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (would of succeede if it was lore monsters)
AJ B. (GM): (lol) you have no idea what it could have been
Hoi Hoi Polloi: “What is the attack was an internal job… So as to intimidate you into believing they could do this? All for the sake for a portion of the profits”
if*
“Have you tried following the money to see if this was the case?”
AJ B. (GM): “Extremely unlikely, as theres only one person who would have done that and could have pulled it off from the Administration at the time.”
(To GM): “Ah. Yeah. I suppose it is.” Another drink, and then he’d again offer the bottle. “Got a place we can talk that isn’t so public? Woulda brought the Epok down here, but she’s a bitch to drive down some of the streets.”
Hoi Hoi Polloi: “And that person is?”
(From AJ B. (GM)): He nods and leads you to a shack that is barely big enough for one person, it has a simple pallete on the floor and no other furnishings. “Welcome to my humble abode.”
AJ B. (GM): She chuckles. “That would be me, and seeing as I’m not getting paid off…”
Hoi Hoi Polloi: …
“So your working with the Horune?”

Hoi Hoi Polloi looks closely at Cockatrice’s reaction
AJ B. (GM): The bodyguard growls low in his throat. Cockatrice looks at you hard “So aside from a lack of information on assignments your associates also don’t bother instilling any manners or intelligence into their agents. If I were getting paid off by them, I’d have turned all of you over to the authorities, and made sure they knew your dirty little secret Hoi.”

Hoi Hoi Polloi shrugs “I had to ask no need to get your knickers in a twist… Besides the reason you may have not yet turned me over could be that you plan to use us or the organisation to your own ends and then perhaps betray us in the end… But this is all just conjecture, in my long life such things have occured”
(To GM): He’d follow without complaint, making idle small talk or whatnot. "Once inside, he’d lift a hand to flip on that noise generator.. Or at least, he would if there wasn’t too much protest. A seat taken, and he’d look up to the larger D-Bee, “Well, you’re not going to like this. Before you react, I need you to stop think, long and hard on just what you’re going to say, and how you’re going to react. You are a leader, and knee jerk reactions are rarely the best ones to follow because they can often times get your people killed needlessly. People don’t tend to follow leaders who do things that get them killed. The Harune’re do in later today.” His tone was even and calm, his eyes locked with the ape… For what it was worth, anyways. “And I don’t know what I can do to stop it without getting the city leveled or starting a war that gets everyone killed.”
Hoi Hoi Polloi: “Occurred often enough to leave one jaded… Not to mention the Horune trade with the spulgraith whom are alien intelligence’s not unlike this vampire presence… I can ask the organisation for information on what they could of done to cause such damage and perhaps ask for advice on countermeasures that we can employ to insure it does not happen again then perhaps take the fight to them?”
AJ B. (GM): Suddenly Bharat tenses and lunges out of his spot towards the guard attempting to tackle him. The bodyguard however is well trained and his reaction is timed perfectly, shifting out of the way just in time for Bharat to be unable to stop, his head bashing into the door and denting it as the bodyguard snickers “Got that out of your system? Oh and someone here owes us a new door.”

Ambrose Betamax watches this, but is mostly concerned with the fact that the entire universe keeps cockblocking him.
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (you should just ignore everyone and get it over and done with… Cockatrice was watching anyway so nothing to lose)
AJ B. (GM): If and that’s a big IF, we can Ensure, that we can fight them off, and I mean minimal loss of life and property damage to the city, then I will consider allowing you to do as you please to them. I make no promises one way or the other. There are too many variables for a decision."
Ambrose Betamax: (lol)
(I love how everyone just continues the conversation while barat lunges at the guy)

Bharat growls at the bodyguard. “Puny man no laugh at Bharat!” The huge lizard pounces again.
Bharat: ((I like to think of it as Bharat’s own personal storyline))
Ambrose Betamax: (hulk smash)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: “Just do me a favor then, find a way to hide a discreet tracking device upon one of the D-Bees sold without their knowledge that will release a signal once a day to lower the chance of it being detected… If we know the general direction of where they are coming from we can find a way to attack from a different direction that would seem impossible for those of Melbourne to be involved”
AJ B. (GM): (bharat slams hard into him, roll damage)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (Bharat reminds me of ram man from He-man… my elder brother owns the entire tape collection)
(imagine if the bodyguard is S.D.C…)
Bharat: ((I don’t know how much damage to roll. 0.0))
Melo: (You’ll have one very, very pissed off mob boss. And PS?)
(24 Robotic, yeah?)
Bharat: ((Yeah))
(From AJ B. (GM)): Grimgrin looks at Melo as he begins to growl then sighs “This is…another part of life here. I will warn my people, we do our best to hide those who are unlikely to survive the trip, those of us who are strong enough will be at the docks when called for. Thank you, they have gotten more quiet, it used to be we were given warning as soon as one was sighted, but they have become more cautious of information.”
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (2d4 md but if he is tackling then its half I think)
Melo: (A leap attack is 4d6 MD; standard body block / tackle is 1d4+PS+GM assigned bonus for a 1400 lb lizard tackling you)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (theres a 50% chance of knocking the opponent over also if its a tackle?)
Melo: (Still checking)
Bharat: ((I’m just gonna call this a pinning leap, if that’s cool with everyone. It’s a Bruutasaur special attack. 2d6 and a 68% of knocking him over, plus a 35% chance he’s pinned if he’s knocked down.))
AJ B. (GM): (works for me)
(roll it)
Bharat: rolling 2d6+9
(
1
+
3
)+9
= 13
rolling 1d100
(
66
)
= 66
rolling 1d100
(
39
)
= 39
((Awww, knocked down but not pinned))
AJ B. (GM): There are many loud cracks and then a hiss of breath, before complete silence from him as his body goes limp.
Hoi Hoi Polloi: …
Bharat: ((On a thought… dealing MD damage to a person not obviously wearing armor might have been overkill))

Hoi Hoi Polloi rushes over to check to see if the bodyguard is dead
AJ B. (GM): Cockatrice seems shocked, the skinny man is running calculations on his pad at speed.
(he is quite dead)

Melo misses out on all the action.

Melo is also being a bureaucrat. What the hell happened to him?
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (I’m tempted to steal his watch)

Ambrose Betamax gawks a bit.
Ambrose Betamax: “this….is not going to end well…”
AJ B. (GM): (well currently his watch is under a very large lizard, as is most of him)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (so hes dead dead not in a coma ?)
AJ B. (GM): (he kinda died when he was hit allowing for the pin to succeed)
Melo: (325 SDC. He’s dead dead squished dead, with bones sticking out where they shouldn’t)

Bharat bellows low in his throat at the body, not unlike the sound of an alligator or crocodile.
AJ B. (GM): (yeah he’s dead, no pulse, the man was wearing a suit with a bulletproof vest under, Bullet not laser)
Ambrose Betamax: (this is very godzilla victory roar moment)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: …

Hoi Hoi Polloi turns to Cockatrice.. “I am sorry to inform you that your body guard is dead…”
Hoi Hoi Polloi: “May we loot his corpse”
AJ B. (GM): After a few minutes cockatrice begins shaking. “Leah, Ambrose, Get gone.”
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (j/k I never said that)

Ambrose Betamax steps out, eyes googling. “Uh, what just happened is he gonna be alrigh-”
AJ B. (GM): The skinny man looks over at Hoi “Correct me if I’m wrong, but this rather temperamental creature is in your employ correct?”
Hoi Hoi Polloi: “He takes his order from Melo, on several occasions he has threatened to not pay him if he did not do as he commanded”

Bharat ‘s one natural pupil dilates as he looks at the body. After a moment he lunges down and takes a chunk out with his teeth.
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (referring to the incident where Melo told Bharat he wouldn’t get paid if he attacked the robot)
AJ B. (GM): The man makes some adjustments on his pad, then looks up as Bharat takes a chunk out of the bodyguard. Cockatrice cusses loudly. before yelling “Was Dead not good enough for you lizard? Had to be dead and desecrated?”
Ambrose Betamax: (wow, this is NOT gonna end well)

Bharat ‘s head flips towards the yelling woman and very blatantly roars at her, standing over his kill like an animal guarding it’s food.
AJ B. (GM): The man doing the calculations adjusts his figures some more then looks up. “Ms. Hoi, Mr. Bharat, I would strongly advise you both to leave at this point. My employer is quite unhappy, and it is frankly unhealthy for either of you to remain. Also, please ensure that Greg’s body is left here.”
Hoi Hoi Polloi: “Bad Bharat… You don’t know where its been”
“For all we know it could of been inside Leah and we don’t know what he could of caught”
Cockatrice: Cockatrice growls, “Get out of My house Hoi, return to your superiors and inform them that our agreement is disolved. Know that if you haven’t left My city in the next hour you Will live to regret it.”
Hoi Hoi Polloi: “Umm.. What have I done?”
Cockatrice: “Greg was my bodyguard and My friend, and you seem intent to make light of his demise. Now I am allowing you to leave here alive for the moment, and that is solely out of respect for what your organization has accomplished in the past.”
Ambrose Betamax: (oooh this is a game changer)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: “Ahh yes so you are going to break relations due to a light joke on my behalf to an event that occurred beyond my control from a person in the employ of someone you directed me to, all because I handle shock and grief differently than you?”
(To GM): “Least I could do. Even more so if they haven’t spread the word yet. I simply don’t know what I can do about this one, and I’m not going to lie, I’ve been fighting a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach since I decided to come out here.” A shrug. “Just.. Keep word quiet. Peace keepers orders are to keep an eye out for things that’re going down. They’re going to know I’m in the quarter, so… Yeah. Make sure to take care of yourself. I’ll check with [Name here] to see if they’ve been able to get some of the human population up on the block, too.” And then a shrug. “…One other thing. There’s some rumors going ‘round, and I think they’re ones we’re both going to want squashed, carefully, without out crushing hopes even more then they’re already going to be crushed. Folks’re thinking I’m out for an Administrator spot. How’re We going to convince them that I’m not, without crushing their hopes of getting supporters in the upper levels of government?”
Hoi Hoi Polloi: “And to think I was going to sacrifice some of my life force to bring this person back to life…”
“Well good day to you…”

Hoi Hoi Polloi leaves
AJ B. (GM): The skinny man follows you out. “Ms. Polloi I would strongly advise you reconsider. My employer is well aware of your powers over life and death. The fact you chose to make jokest rather then help likely added to her anger. I can also assure you that what she said was no idle threat.”
Hoi Hoi Polloi: “Oh so she means to keep me out of the city and she is threatening me…”
“Especially when she has yet to allay me fear that she is working with our arch enemy”
AJ B. (GM): Cockatrice looks at Bharat who is still up there (in case that was forgotten) “Lizard I am losing my patience, you will remove yourself from that body and from my sight in a timely manner or you will learn first hand why this is My city.”
The skinny man shrugs “You have clearly made up your mind, I wish you the best of luck then, but I do advise you to be out of the city within the hour.”

Bharat growls at the woman, holding his stance over the corpse.
Ambrose Betamax: (dude, this might bake bharat a very short lived character lol)
Bharat: (I was just curious if anyone was gonna remember. :P)

Melo can’t do anything about this. He isn’t anywhere near the bar.

Ambrose Betamax silently prays to vault

Vault is still on patrol around the house.
Bharat: (And I figure this might end up killing him. I just gotta play the character man.)
Ambrose Betamax: (Alright, just you know, be ready to have to make another :P)
Bharat: (Uh… Parry?)
Melo: (You’re doing awesome. I’m just a bystander and this is great fun to watch)
Bharat: (I will create Bhorat. Bharat’s estranged cousin)
AJ B. (GM): (one advantage to not having a finished sheet, it feels like much less loss lol)
Ambrose Betamax: (on a scale of one to jojo’s bizarre adventure, how screwed up is that bodyguards body?)
Bharat: (Oh yeah! I didn’t even think of that)
(more than a thousand pounds of MDC lizard tackled it and then took a bite. You tell me where that falls on the scale)
Melo: (I’m gonna say somewhere around.. here: https://ancientelectronics.files.wordpress.com/2013/10/nsdead.jpg?w=510&h=391 Warning, not tame)
Ambrose Betamax: (hmm. Probably close to the full jojo then)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (chunky salsa)
Bharat: ((Bharat likes extra chunky Salsa))
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (Bharat Slam https://yandoo.files.wordpress.com/2013/07/fat-man-belly-crop.jpg?w=500)
Bharat: (Wait, did everyone leave?)
AJ B. (GM): (nope)
(mine just blinked for a moment
)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (Bharat Roar http://application.denofgeek.com/pics/film/50action/33.jpg)
Bharat: (Ok, that was weird)
Ambrose Betamax: (O.o)
Melo: (I’m still here. nod)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (I never left)
Bharat: rolling 1d20+7
(
4
)+7
= 11
Ambrose Betamax: (oh dear.)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (Imagine if Bharat finds out that Cockatrice is a Horune in disguise)
Bharat: (I’m not even sure what a horune is)
Melo: (Pirates)
(Take a preditor. Make it a fish scaled thing. Now add a bit of Orc. There you go.)

Hoi Hoi Polloi waits just outside the door to see the conclusion of what occurs with Bharat and Cockatrice
Ambrose Betamax: (and stick a pirate hat on top)
AJ B. (GM): The skinny man is kind of between you and that door and it is closed. If you want to add to the body count of this session, he’s “armed” with a pda (roflmao)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (I can easily open or keep the door propped open until Bharat leaves)
(I do have an hour to leave the city apparently)
(I also have a height advantage over the guy)
AJ B. (GM): (kind of still have a guy between you and the door who is standing in your way to ensure that door remains closed, is true you’ve got plenty of height on him but he will put his best effort towards ensuring it remains closed until his boss clears it being reopened.)

Hoi Hoi Polloi looks at the little man and says “Aren’t you worried about what may happen to your boss?”
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (Considering the door has been damaged can I hear whats happening inside?)
Bharat: (I just dented it…)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (a dent can warp a sound proof door enough to let sound escape depending on how big the dent is)
AJ B. (GM): He shakes his head. “I told you it was dangerous for you both to be in there. You chose the smart path by leaving. My boss will be fine, your scaly friend, perhaps he will be ok after a time, perhaps not.”
Hoi Hoi Polloi: “A but you are mistaken he is not my scaly friend, he is under the employ of Melo”
“Whom was directed to me by Cockatrice whom I now assume is no longer going to assist me?”
AJ B. (GM): The skinny man shrugs “If he was in the employ of Melo then why is Mr. Craft not here, and yet his entire entourage was?”
Hoi Hoi Polloi: “And is it correct to assume that Cockatrice meant what she said when she claimed that she is breaking all ties with the organisation”
“Because Melo although directed to assist me, is unable to follow orders and seems to take every chance to be rude. So considering this is the group Cockatrice brought to assist me in my mission I gathered them minus Melo to see if we can actually do something… Sadly just like Melo, Bharat doesn’t seem to understand the chain of command and just does as he wishes”
“I am starting to see that the loss of Cockatrices assistance will not be of any real loss to the organisation if this kind of help is the only thing she can offer”
AJ B. (GM): The man chuckles. “Oh so you think it was easy getting in and out of the city without records, or being shot. Or that its easy making sure anything they send comes through without a lot of questions. Good luck with that.”
Ambrose Betamax: (lol ambrose spent the whole time horribly injured)

Hoi Hoi Polloi shrugs “Indeed we just move our base of operations to a place where they are more amicable and then it is just a simple mater of a short jump from that place to here (implying magical travel aka leyline teleportation), the problem is outside of the city not inside so being in the city holds no purpose other than comfort”
AJ B. (GM): Hoi, you hear the screech of claws on steel coming through the door, though it sounds somewhat distant from the door.

Ambrose Betamax is missing an epic battle between godzilla and meryl streep
Hoi Hoi Polloi: “Should the city be overrun and destroyed, it is just a simple mater of taking it over and re-purposing it to our cause should we be required to expend a large amount of resources, I am sure the D-Bees being immune to the vampire bite would relish the destruction of the human slavers, in the end this is just one city in the grand scheme of things in the universe, we have the resources of entire worlds”
“But hey its your choice to forgo our assistance due to petty emotions, I have been in many battles and deal with grief with jokes and laughter. If your boss is this petty then she does not deserve her seat of power and should give it to someone with more control and wisdom… perhaps someone as coolheaded as you”

Hoi Hoi Polloi tilts her head at the noise, it seems like something is going on inside, I think we should check it out"
AJ B. (GM): The skinny man shakes his head. “Nope that’s normal. Nothing to worry about.”
Ambrose Betamax: (Nothing to see here, just move along)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (But I want to see )

Melo would want to see if he knew what was going on. Actually, he’d just as soon want to be as far away from the events taking place as possible. Just like he is.
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (how long will it take to get back to the organisations base?)
(Just curious, was wondering if I would have enough time to transport the bodyguards body back to base and have his brought back, then perhaps he could be questioned as to Cockatrices ties with the Horune)
AJ B. (GM): (probably take a while to get back to the base, and admittedly I’d be curious to see the plan for getting that body too lol)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (Cockatrice did just basically say she is the only person who could of pulled off such a task to blow up the main administration building and that she runs the city which means she brokered the deal with the Horune)
(she did say she wanted him alive if I tell her someone at the organisation may do it, she may let me take him if not I can bust down the door, grab him and fly off)
AJ B. (GM): (she also flat out said she wasn’t getting a payoff from them and her and both her retainers were insulted by the accusation and one of them kind of died for his reaction to it)
(poor Greg, I feel so bad for him, he catches so much hell lol)
Ambrose Betamax: (lol)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (But she has means, motive and she could be lying)
(She also claimed this was her city and if this is her city then the agreement with the Horune would place her as working with them)
AJ B. (GM): (she claims it as hers, and actually thats also what she meant by the get out of her house comment. The admin may run things officially, but anyone who wants things outside the law, which is a lot, has to come to her)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (Which is suspicious in itself because she claimed to be the only one capable of destroying that building via an inside job and if the knowledge the organisation has says that the Horune don’t have the ability to magically do what she claimed she said they did then she would be lying)
(not to mention that in a big brother state with all these camera’s she says she doesn’t have any video evidence or records of the blast that took down the building, such removal of all evidence would surely be the work of someone with a criminal organisation of such magnitude as to claim to own the city)

Melo could do it.
Ambrose Betamax: :P

Melo just doesn’t want to.
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (Yeah but Melo could remove all evidence in the official files, only a criminal organisation that relies on information could remove all records in the underground)
(at least this is how my thinking is)

Hoi Hoi Polloi puts on her tinfoil hat
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (proudly sponsored by Conspiracy Theories R Us)
(would be funny if it turned out I was right)
(our enemy would be Cockatrice then… which would be interesting)
(is it possible to summon my monster inside the room lol)
AJ B. (GM): Cockatrice’s voice comes through the door as she says “Open it and let the Bharat through, we’ve come to an agreement.”
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (Oo this seems interesting, I wonder what agreement)
AJ B. (GM): The skinny man opens the door revealing a pretty beat up Bharat a chunk of shoulder, a slash in his side and a burned shut wound at his throat.
Cockatrice is nowhere to be seen.
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (owned)
“You look like hell Bharat, what did you do to yourself?”
Bharat: (I held my own pretty darn well! I’m not even at half HP)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (But you didn’t win…)
(against someone thats supposed to be a human)
Bharat: (I’m pretty happy just to have come out alive here. It was a pretty nasty fight.))
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (whom I suspect is Horune)
Melo: (I’m honestly amazed you came out alive)
Bharat: (Call it Lizard Magic)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (she used lizard magic…)
Bharat: (Or Bharat did. What do you really know about Bharat?)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (hes a cyborg which means he doesn’t use magic)
(machines and magic don’t mix)
Bharat: (LIES! HE’S SUPER SPECIAL PROTAGONIST)

Bharat growls at Hoi. “Bharat no talk about.”

Hoi Hoi Polloi looks at the little man “And she is meant to be human… hmmm”

Hoi Hoi Polloi activates one of her cloud tattoo, she can now see the invisible even supernatural invisibility
AJ B. (GM): The skinny man looks back at Hoi. “You really should get going, we’re about 20 minutes from the gate at a dead run.”
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (Can I see anyone in the room?)
AJ B. (GM): nothing to be seen Hoi, (good thought though)
(nope, not from here you can’t.)

Hoi Hoi Polloi I kind of shove my way inside and look around and call out “Do you want me to see if the organisation is willing to bring him back?”
AJ B. (GM): (and with Bharat coming out of the room the stairs are kind of getting cramped after all)

Bharat stops Hoi from pushing past him
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (tries)
Bharat: (Pretty sure you’re gonna have a time trying push past him :P)
AJ B. (GM): (yep, this comes down to a roll, admittedly without your strength tat active and the current setup your only method of passing would be under him between his legs)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (I can dodge past him)
Melo: (And then you have his tail to worry about)
Bharat: (My tail which can grab people)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (can I backflip over him lol?)
Melo: (Not in a hallway that he has to duck in)
AJ B. (GM): (too small of space, he’s 11 feet tall)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (so dodge under him?)
AJ B. (GM): (that door is built for humankind) you’d kind of smack into a wall)
Bharat: (He’s actually almost 12 feet tall)
AJ B. (GM): (yep, and his roll to strike to stop you if he’s determined)
(ahh couldnt remember height)
Bharat: (He’s like, 11’ 7")
(From AJ B. (GM)): Grimgrin growls a curse. “Really, they still want a human ruling them. No offense to you, but it’s foolish to assume the power won’t corrupt you.”
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (If I dodge past and I see he is trying to stop me, I will look at the dude with the PDA and say see told you he isnt working for me)
AJ B. (GM): Hoi rolls under Bharat though her foot catches on his tail removing any chance of a graceful entry she does get past him.
(one sec this requires a bit of setup now)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (can I get a sense of balance roll to land gracefully ?)
(acrobatics / gymnastics ftw!)
AJ B. (GM): (roll it)
(-20 for current situation)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: Graceful is as graceful does 0
failed lol
wtf is that
AJ B. (GM): (alright so you land sprawled face down where your token is. Bharat is at the door, dragon token is where that corpse ended up)
(me being excessively lazy about tokens)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (its a dragon?)
(holy shit)
(oh its a gold dragon)
AJ B. (GM): (dragon hatchling technically)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (is it like a chinese dragon or a european dragon?)
AJ B. (GM): (there should give a better view now)
Melo: (It’s a cute one)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (it’s european so thats good it isnt that dragon that has learnt tattoo magic no need for respect)
Bharat: (it’s european)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: “Well this is a surprise…”
AJ B. (GM): (again not an actual dragon, just the corpse of a human, its a placeholder is all)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (oh lol)
(To GM): “Yeah, in full agreement with you there. I don’t want the position, or the power and responsibility that comes with it. They need someone from the quarter on the administration. Even told that to the folks that’d asked me about it.” And a nod. “I’m not a politician Grimgrin. I’m someone that points out what’s obvious to me, and we both know I’m not cut out for it. But who’re we going to try and pin their hopes on? I don’t mean to be rude, but you’re just as cut out for such a job as I am.”
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (yay Cockatrice isnt a dragon)
(so no one in the room except for the corpse?)
AJ B. (GM): (no one you can see. alright so I need an init roll from everyone in the area, and need tokens to be kept accurate)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: Initiative with Melee 17
Bharat: rolling 1d20+5
(
11
)5
= 16
Ambrose Betamax: rolling 1d20 + 1
(
10
)
1
= 11

Ambrose Betamax has no idea what’s going on
Melo: (How far away did Leah take Ambrose?)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (Rub and a tub I assume? maybe some grinding)
(tug*)
AJ B. (GM): (they’d be down in the backroom again, just out of curiosities sake)
Ambrose Betamax: (I guess I’m not aware then :P)

Ambrose Betamax is talking to leah about what’s going on and if they should just make the most of the time before the lady murders them :P

Melo is far away and useless.

Vault is still mechanically clanking around.
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (anyhow I guess I still shout out my offer as I dodge inside of taking him back to the organisation and see if someone there will resurrect him)
AJ B. (GM): (Hoi do you have autododge?)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (nope)
AJ B. (GM): (Hoi shortly after you enter the room, you hear two sounds a bit too late to do anything about them. A loud BOOM!!! and the BZZT!! of a high power laser. The first from directly behind you and the second blasting through where the door was dented. (48 MD as a hard slug and a laser blast hit home on your back)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: k
AJ B. (GM): (Hoi, your action on the init, Flynt fire up the tracker)
Melo: (Loading)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (question did I see where the laser came from ?)
AJ B. (GM): (doubtful but you certainly felt where it hit, even if it was just the heat on your armor that you felt.)
(Bharat, the skinny man just fired a very loud gun under your tail btw)
Bharat: (BHARAT FARTED A LAZER)
Melo: (www.livestream.com/dragonflicks )
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (I activate my Fire Tattoo)

Hoi Hoi Polloi is now on fire
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (I spot no one in the room when I look around?)
(actually apparently I only glow I’m not on fire)
AJ B. (GM): (that one gives you thermo vision correct?)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (nope fire immunity and half damage from energy and 60 mdc protection)
AJ B. (GM): (also brb, time for pup to go out)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (fire immunity as in from mega damage and magical fire, I can also fire energy bolts from my hand)
Bharat: (What was that livestream link?)
Melo: (Combat tracker)
(Because Rifts Combat is fucking insane)
(Totally optional to follow, but it will list turn order and actions / round and who’s done what with what actions)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (I have 5 actions left?)
Melo: (4; Tattoo was one)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (I have 6 attacks though?)
(and 2 auto kicks)
Melo: (Boxing, I take it)
(?)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (aye)
Melo: (kk.)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (got it for free)
Melo: (Sorry, I didn’t have it listed on my ref sheet)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (its a o.c.c ability for me)
AJ B. (GM): (back)
Melo: (WB)
AJ B. (GM): (ok so Hoi went, so Bharat you’re up)
and Hoi, although you don’t see anyone else in the room that dent in the door is now a hole)
(well has a hole in it)
(Bharats head is somehwat bigger then a laser blast)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (guess that means Cockatrice isn’t there, oh well time to go)
Bharat: “… Bharat stay out of this.” Teh big lizard steps over the man with the lazer and heads downstairs. “Maybe get money from Melo.”
AJ B. (GM): (the man has the hard ammo gun)
Bharat: (Oh. Whatever. Bharat’s out. PEACE)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (thought you said I was hit by a lazer)
Bharat: (You were hit by both)
AJ B. (GM): (hit by both, one bullet, one lazer)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (sweet)
(wait so cockatrice is in the room…
AJ B. (GM): (bullet fired by pda guy, lazer fired through the door. and since Bharat heads out)
(and I do mean THROUGH the door)
(as in screw my door I’ll replace it later anyhow)
Bharat: (You labeled Bharat as Smart Man?)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (I thought Bharat was in the way of the door how can someone shoot through it?)
(I had to dodge under him to get to where I am)
Melo: (Yes. Yes I did)
AJ B. (GM): (fired the same way you got past him)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (weird)
AJ B. (GM): (which I legitimately expected to piss him off)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (so they must have come from the small dude under him that fired at me…)
Bharat: (The door was open. She’s hiding behind the door. Lazer go through door)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (ahh that makes sense)
Melo: (…What spell gives you the armor?)
Bharat: (Bharat has had enough getting his butt kicked today. He will happily go see if the mind control didn’t cause him to lose his drink)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (no spell magic tattoo Skull Engulfed in Flames (fire powers))
AJ B. (GM): (another lazer blast is coming at you through that hole in the door Hoi, this time you know its coming at least)
Melo: (Ah! Thank you)
Bharat: (That being said, verbal antagonizing or cajolling could get him to fight before he’s gone too far)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (I take it like a man..err woman)
(To P.O.M): Just for the sake of tracking, does Hoi have any body armor that I need to keep track of?
AJ B. (GM): (23 MD, – whatever that tat takes away)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (just from the tattoo 60 mdc)
Melo: (38 on Tat)
(37, rather)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (I take only half damage from energy weapons)
(no damage from plasma or fire weapons)
(So it has 49 MDC left)
Melo: (Thank you for catching that. Corrected)
(Actually… uh…)
(Your level 4, right?)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (yes)
Melo: (It’ll take you 3 actions to activate your tat)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (it takes only 1 action to activate one tat though)
Melo: (45 PPE cost; 20 PPE / action channeling)
(Or are tattooed men immune to that?)
(GM’s call on that)
AJ B. (GM): (t-men are already pretty limited on their magic, keep channeling to caster stuff without near as much limitation)
Melo: (I shall update the compendium then! Sorry for the confusion.)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (it specifically says that its a matter of seconds to channel a tattoo and only takes an action )
(However, the time spent to activate any of the tattoos is a matter of two or three seconds — counting as one
melee action/attack)
AJ B. (GM): (yeah and by standard rules every spell takes 2 actions regardless, we’re using some optional rules for magic from one of the rifters, thus why he got confused with it)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (Oo forgot about that… Them optional rules can get tricky)
Melo: (Very much so)
AJ B. (GM): (yeah the channeling one is meant to make magic users actually feel like they’re growing in power)
(5 ppe channeled per action per level)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (If I die I’m making a lawyer I’m going to throw the law against people)
(whose turn is it now )
AJ B. (GM): (pda guys)
Bharat: (You guys gonna need me again? You think?)
AJ B. (GM): there is that loud boom again as the bullet leaves his gun aimed towards you.
(not unless you want to get reinvolved in this combat)

Hoi Hoi Polloi shrugs it off
AJ B. (GM): (hell we aren’t going to finish this combat tonight unless Hoi runs)
(14 MD, hard ammo)
Bharat: (Nah, I’m tired, should have been in bed an hour ago and I’ve got work tomorrow)
Melo: (Sleep well, yeah?)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (Good night)
Bharat: (I’ll certainly try.)
AJ B. (GM): (rest well, was a lot of fun tonight)
Bharat: (Lot’s of aweome fun!)
AJ B. (GM): (fair warning guys, another 30 minutes and I will have to call it a night myself, got an early morning and stuff.)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (k will try to hurry this up)
AJ B. (GM): (hoi, your action here)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (can you draw in the door ?
(I walk in behind it)
and I use windrush on Cockatrice
AJ B. (GM): (movement was an action)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (cant cast and move?)
AJ B. (GM): (nope)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (oh then I wont move then…)
AJ B. (GM): (k)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: I cast wind rush in her direction its 20 ft across and 120 ft long
so it hits her and the dude
Melo: (Tattoo name, please?)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (Power Control the forces of air (cloud in chains) already activated it to see the invisible before I went in)
Melo: (Thank you!)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (your welcome :)
AJ B. (GM): (alright, so somebody give me the effects of wind rush please)
(and what saves if any etc)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (they need to roll a 18/19/20 to save from behind knocked over and losing their current action and the next)
AJ B. (GM): (not effected by obstacles like MD doors?)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: the wind is a general spread and the door has 2 large holes in it
AJ B. (GM): (one hole the size of a lazer barrel)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (60 km hour winds in a small room directed at her)
AJ B. (GM): (admittedly you might still slam that door into her face since its not held in place)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (the hole would act like a wind tunnel like being sucker punched in the stomach… ouch)
(would it take an action to close the door?)
(or could I close it then cast it?)
AJ B. (GM): (Hoi what is your ppe? can’t seem to recall, and yeah it would take an action)
(true on the wind tunnel effect)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (p.p.e 254)
(252)
AJ B. (GM): (well overall you managed to punch a laser barrel that was pressed against that hole int the door although the door itself didn’t move at all, and you’ve forced the guy on the stairs to brace himself, against the wall.
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (Hopefully I blow them away >_>)
(dam they must of rolled good to get a 18,19,20 on a straight d20 roll)
(I guess its their turn next)
(I’m guessing we continue next week due to the time?)
AJ B. (GM): (yeah, granted they really don’t get a turn it takes up more then actions, it eats rounds even if they save)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (oO didn’t realise that lol)
AJ B. (GM): (yeah, we pulled up the full thing, and its not a natural roll requirement btw)
Melo: (Yeah. Wind rush is.. kinda insane. Like.. breaks combat levels of insane)
AJ B. (GM): (like any other magic its a save vs magic, short of the saving throw saying it requires a natural 18-20, going to run off normal magic rules)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (thought it was a natural roll, thats how the last gm did it, since things like fire bolts didn’t get a magic saving throw, he thought it was a natural roll since if it was magic it would say standard or by ritual… but meh rifts rules are weird)
(luckily we have you to decipher them… otherwise I’d go insane)
AJ B. (GM): theres one that says “dodge natural 18 or above”
Melo: (This is why I’ve typed up 75 pages of rules. I list examples and clarify things)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (I know its all insane… its like magic is magic unless it creates something… then its no longer magic…)
(but its still magic… )
Melo: (And those 75 pages? They haven’t touched combat yet.. Or Psionics..)
AJ B. (GM): (anyhow, time for exp and shit.)
Zea: Today is Thursday, March 14th, 2015. EXP is about to be given.
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (casting spells in rifts is like playing russian roulette with your sanity… one day your going to pull the trigger and get shot)
AJ B. (GM): ingame time is september 3rd, 1 pm.
exp for the session is 400 base, extra 100 each to Bharat and Hoi, extra 50 each to Melo and Ambrose.
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (Cockatrice’s name is that of a dragon/lizard like species does my sword that does extra damage against lizard type creatures work on her)
Zea: …
AJ B. (GM): (lol you wish)
Zea: Ogers? I’ve got a +4 sword of slaying ogres!

Hoi Hoi Polloi bats her eyelashes at the GM with the full might of her players playful sarcasm behind it
Zea: “You’re at the bar!” “Cool! I’m getting drunk! Do I need to roll for it?”

Hoi Hoi Polloi breaks the 4th wall

Ambrose Betamax is probably getting lucky at least
AJ B. (GM): Ambrose beat you too that a long time ago
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (If I manage to kill Cockatrice would you be angry?)

Melo is attempting to defuse civil war.
AJ B. (GM): (nope, I build every character with the understanding that they may die)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (good, so that means I wont kill her)
(Hoi Hoi’s logic and mine is twisted)
(if you can kill it don’t/.. if they say you can’t try and try again)
P.O.M: I will see everyone next week… Hopefully we get to see some lesbian action between me and Cockatrice as we have a catfight
AJ B. (GM): roflmao
I’ll be looking over that spell in more detail because some important details were left out of it

Ambrose Betamax does more stuff with leah. lalala
Ambrose Betamax: Boop!
AJ B. (GM): btw POM need to verify something real quick
when you aimed the wind, it was at cockatrice/the door correct?
P.O.M: It said I could do it as a sweep I think
so i could hit them both
AJ B. (GM): Its got 20 ft width yes it hits them both
but it only stops Forward movement
so I need to know which direction its pointed exactly
P.O.M: maximum width is 20 ft… so
it would blow like that
AJ B. (GM): so aiming with the blue line then?
P.O.M: aye
AJ B. (GM): ok just needed to check that.
P.O.M: If you want you can just remove the spell if its too much trouble
AJ B. (GM): Alright so recap. We left off with Ambrose having been cockblocked again, Bharat having bailed out of this fight, Hoi having gone back in to offer to ressurect the dead only to be attacked by someone who flat out told her to not be in the same city as her. Melo is still nowhere to be seen in all of this chaos as he was far far away.
(nah its not trouble it just means a bit more tactical thinking.)
(there much prettier reminder of the wind until it dies down.)
(alright so Cockatrice is up)
She pushes the door away just long enough to slip out from behind it and move out of the wind. As she does you see torn flesh reveaing bluish white steel below the ragged tears in her stomach along with scratch pain and shallow gouges taken out of it. (need a HF roll from Hoi, and Hoi what is your Horror Factor?)
P.O.M: moment got to find my sheet
Zea: (I will be slowed, but not stopped.!)
P.O.M: 14
AJ B. (GM): (kk go ahead and roll your save as well)
P.O.M: 26 HF Roll
AJ B. (GM): (Well Hoi certainly shows absolutely no fear there)
Cockatrice on the other hand is wide eyed and shivering at the sight of an Atlantean midcombat.
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (Hoi Hoi is old enough to have seen 2 girls 1 cup… this is nothing compared to that)
(What knowledge roll do I need to know what she is? Or can I guess)
AJ B. (GM): The man on the stairs chooses to exercise the better part of valor and slides down the stairs.
Both of her arms have exposed weapons, one a blade heated to white sticking out of her wrist, the other a rather threatening looking gun popped up from her forearm. Making it fairly obvious that she is a combat cyborg, just one who happened to be better at hiding in plain sight then most.
(Hoi is up)

Hoi Hoi Polloi decides to do the obvious thing… and walks over and kisses Cockatrace
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (or in this case attempts to…)
AJ B. (GM): (well admittedly she is fully defenseless right now, between the horror factor and attempting to shake off the wind, she litterally can’t do anything to stop that. (just to be sure, you aren’t yankin me on that action?)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (No I am not… I just thought the best way is to kiss and make up…)
(shes a crime lord right? So she probably gets turned on by violence and power right?)
AJ B. (GM): Cockatrice doesn’t react at first. but then shoves you away. Though now she seems more flustered then angry and both her weapons retract.
Cockatrice: “What the hell is wrong with you? Did they send someone with multiple personalities to deal with this problem?”
Hoi Hoi Polloi: “I’m sorry I got angry, it’s just that I deal with death differently due to my rather long long life… And I just react this way to death emotionally. I have grown to care and respect you in the past couple of days I have been in this town and… I just came back in to offer to take your friend to the organisation to see if they could bring him back seeing as he seemed to be special to you… As special as you are to me”
P.O.M: (and then I activate my supernatural strength tattoo, hold her face in my hands and crush her skull… just kidding)

Cockatrice looks you up and down and shakes her head. “You already insulted my honor and removed any trust I had for you. So I won’t let you take him anywhere, if you can do it I welcome the assistance and perhaps we can put this behind us.”
Cockatrice: (also you’d need to remove one hand to touch that tat lol)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (oO where are my hands now)
Cockatrice: (meant to crush her skull with both hands)
(granted she wouldnt expect you to try so she likely wouldnt take any action between activating tat and moving hands)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (I don’t need to keep my hand on it once its activated)
Cockatrice: (yeah I know but activating tat is one action, the attempt to crush skull would be action 2)
(gotta love rifts deranges actions per melee shit right)
(anyhow all a moot point)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (Indeed)
“You have to understand that, these questions had to be asked… You yourself are a leader and you should know that you have to be suspicious of even the people you think are close to you? Do you not think it is a matter to show how much respect I have for you that I asked these questions to your face then investigate behind your back?”
Cockatrice: “Cultural difference I suppose, In my line of work suspicion is normal, but any respect I expected dissipated with what I saw as callousness towards the loss of my subordinate. I am sure you realize that for him to sit in on private meetings he must be a valued asset.”
Hoi Hoi Polloi: “My callousness, is just a coping mechanism that I am well aware of may seem insulting to others… But it is a coping mechanism that has helped me get through the last 1,000 years without going AWOL

Cockatrice nods and walks over to the open door. She yells down what appears to be a random string of words. “Ducks smell no sour”
Hoi Hoi Polloi: “My offer still stands, as you can see my intentions were never nefarious and my feelings towards you are rather obvious considering I have no hard feelings to getting shot at… Multiple times and my only reaction is the use of non-lethal force”
Ambrose Betamax: “DO NOT EAT THAT DUCK!”

Hoi Hoi Polloi activates her healing tattoo and walks over and casually places her hand over the torn flesh and whispers into Cockatraces ears “I don’t want to see any scars on your beautiful skin”
Ambrose Betamax: (does hoi really like pretty much everyone?)
Cockatrice: (Does that tat heal artificial skin?)

Melo is on Hoi’s list of ‘people she dislikes’!
Cockatrice: (as is everything that falls under the intersection of Supernatural and Evil)
Ambrose Betamax: (is melo supernaturally evil? :P)
Cockatrice: (If so its very weird he has those artificial eyes)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (I think it does so long as its biological)
Ambrose Betamax: (either that or you just gave her magical supercancer)

Melo also always has that thing in his ear!
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (Melo is on the list of people that Hoi Hoi believes can only be taught discipline through multiple sessions of S&M dungeon play)
Cockatrice: The flesh knits over the damaged metal and heals quickly. Cockatrice looks down at it and says “Thank you, that would have taken much longer to repair on my own. However my condition stands, he is either raised here or not at all. Bringing him back outside the city, especially surrounded by your associates would likely break his brain.”
Hoi Hoi Polloi: “We could keep him unconscious during the entire ordeal and bring him back to you a sleep”
AJ B. (GM): At this point her right hand man comes back up the stairs with his pda and stares at the damaged door and the room itself. Then sighs heavily as he taps his pda some more.
Hoi Hoi Polloi: “I could take him along or someone else you trust to ensure nothing bad happens”

Hoi Hoi Polloi pouts “Although I would think you would trust me enough to handle it”
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (I really need to get the seduction skill…)
Ambrose Betamax: (ambrose has it lol)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (Teach me sensei)
Cockatrice: “There is still the matter of trust. Trust is easily broken, but long to repair. What assurance do I have that you won’t attempt to get information about my operations out of him? and unfortunately I only have two associates trust as escort left, and I need them both here.”
Hoi Hoi Polloi: “The assurance is very simple, the organisations only purpose is to fight supernatural evil, we operate on millions of worlds considering the price of the basic things such as food and the state of technology we could import items and bankroll this entire country into our ownership if we were so inclined. The fact that we are stretched thin on resources fighting supernatural evil over dimensions and worlds should show you how little interest your operations are to us… If your operations have nothing to do with the supernatural evil that threatens this world then there is nothing to fear”

Cockatrice walks over to her usual table followed by her right hand man. She sits down and tosses her feet up on the table then waves to a chair opposite her. “Feel free to sit if you prefer.”

Hoi Hoi Polloi shrugs and sits
Cockatrice: (yeah, pda guy remains standing and ir almost never seen sitting when around cockatrice, and a 15 ft table would be a bit overkill lol)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (… I hope she isn’t going to talk business)
(I wonder if Hoi Hoi will attempt to start her own harem…)

Cockatrice looks hard at Hoi and taps her fingers on the table. “I think perhaps it’s time we dealt straight with each other. As much fun as games of wits are, I still have to contact Melo about the costs I have incurred from his subordinate.”

Hoi Hoi Polloi smiles seductively at Cockatrice “I have always dealt straight with you, ask away”
Cockatrice: “Now, now, lets not dig the hole any deeper. I’ve dealt with your people for a long time. There are many reasons they need my resources here. The main one being they require a trade with the croc men for the use of the pyramid, as any attempt to build another one creates a two front war that your superiors don’t want to fight. In that time I’ve learned at least some basics of how your organization works. After all not everyone seals their tongue as well as they should.”

Hoi Hoi Polloi thinks… She could unseal me with her tongue anytime…
Hoi Hoi Polloi: “So long as supernatural evil gets slain in the end that’s all that matters”
Cockatrice: “One of the convenient tidbits I picked up is that before being sent out to hunt, every member of your organization is given the ability to raise the dead. Now seeing as that’s the case, you pushing for him to be taken away lends itself to only three possibilities.” She ticks these off on her fingers. “One, you don’t intend to just bring him back and have an ulterior motive in taking him away. Two, you aren’t actually of the organization you claim and have somehow fooled my networks into believing you are. or Three, you for some reason are less effective then even the most green of hunters. In which case I am likely to regret allowing you contact with those I consider useful. Hmm perhaps I should say considered.”
Hoi Hoi Polloi: “I see your problem… Your information is lacking… The ability to raise the dead is an ability to be used as a last resort as it weakens the user, such convenient magic does not come without a price… Furthermore the amount of energy required to bring a person back to life is huge and considering what I have done and the amount of tattoo’s I have activated today… I would not recover enough energy to be able to do it before the time runs out”

Leah Razortongue looks at Ambrose and says “Alright, we should probably leave, you really don’t want to be ‘introduced’ to any of the people in the bar now so keep your eyes down, follow me, and please don’t say anything that could be taken as an insult.”

Ambrose Betamax does as he’s told
Melo: (Why doesn’t he do that when Melo asks him to?! Oh, ‘cause Melo doesn’t put out. Right.)
Ambrose Betamax: (lol)
Melo: (“Go in. Sit at the bar. Order a beer. Drink it. Leave. That’s all you need to do, in that exact order.”)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (Melo it is up to you to show up and cockblock Ambrose… I’ve done all I can but I am being stopped from interfering by the plot line)

Melo is nowhere to be seen, and quite unaware of what’s transpiring.
AJ B. (GM): Ambrose as you are walking through the bar even with your eyes down you see some of the ugliest, most garish, and just flat out strange people and d-bees you’ve ever encountered, including one massively muscular guy near the door who is wearing bright orange eyeliner, and deep violet lipstick.
Ambrose Betamax: (J’AACUSE! I knew the party was doing it on purpose)

Ambrose Betamax looks at orange eyeliner guy. “My god man, you look awful! Are you sick?”
Melo: (Fashion check!)

Leah Razortongue attempts to slap a hand over Ambrose’s mouth while simultaneously facepalming, but is too late
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (It is written in the Book of Knob that the spawn of Ambrose will one down destroy the world in all his naivety and lack of judgement)
(one day*)
AJ B. (GM): The man stands up to his full eight foot height and blocks the door growling low in his throat. “Is there something funny about the way I look to you little fawn?”
Ambrose Betamax: (can I make a fashion check?)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (Ask the man if he wants to take a ride?)
AJ B. (GM): (sure, roll it)
Melo: (I do not have access to your sheet Ambrose)
Ambrose Betamax: (it’s at 81 percent)
rolling 1d100
(
61
)
= 61
AJ B. (GM): back upstairs the man with the pda is quickly writing notes on what Hoi just said. Cockatrice nods. “Thank you for the illumination on this subject. You have shown me solid trust by informing me of a limitation on your abilities. If you swear no harm will come to him at yours or anyone else’s hands then you may take him with you and bring him back to me. I would be… appreciative.”
Ambrose, you know exactly whats wrong with the guys fashion and color scheme. Which does include wearing a sparkling pink tanktop with a pair of black leather pants.

Leah Razortongue takes her hand away from Ambrose’s mouth and tries to stammer out something but is slowly shifting to behind Ambrose.

Melo would be muttering something about the luck of a Betamax if he were there. But he’s not! So he’s likely saying something totally diffrent.

Ambrose Betamax launches into a lengthy discussion about how this man can improve his appearance, taking into account his body type, head shape, eye color, and every other aspect of him that was visible. “-and if you use vertical pinstripes you can lead the viewers eyes right to yours! Great for attracting the ladies…”
Hoi Hoi Polloi: “You have my word and if later perhaps tonight over dinner you would like to ask any further questions I would be glad to be of assistance. But as it stands time is of the essence, is there anyway you can show me the quickest way out of the city”

Hoi Hoi Polloi places her hands over Cockatrice’s as she says this
AJ B. (GM): The huge man blinks and looks confused as Leah peeks over Ambrose’s shoulder. The unfashionable giant places a hand heavily on Ambrose’s shoulder and says. “Come on, we’re going shopping.” Leah whispers in Ambrose’s ear. “I reccomend we do what Scraps says.”
Ambrose Betamax: (lol)
“ok!”
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (Ambrose is going to learn the Okama-Way from a professional)

Cockatrice shivers some and nods. “The fastest way out is through the maze under my safehouse, though the current residents aren’t going to be happy about it, still we’ll be quick. I’ll send someone to show you the way through. It can be rather dangerous, so be careful and don’t go wandering off once you’re down there. She’ll be waiting for you downstairs.”
Hoi Hoi Polloi: “A method of transporting the victim in the dignity he deserves would be advisable”
AJ B. (GM): Scraps leads Ambrose and Leah to his normal store which appears to be a blend of a thrift store and a hot topic, the owner is a sleezy looking man with greased back hair who seems Extremely excited to see Scraps “It’s always a pleasure to see my best customer, I’ve got something in that will just fit you so perfectly.” Scraps half pushes Ambrose in front of him and half steps back. “This is my new clothing guy, he knows what I need.”
Ambrose Betamax: (haha)

Ambrose Betamax explains to the shopkeeper a few outfits that he feels would be most flattering on scraps.
AJ B. (GM): The shopkeeper refuses saying that they are absolutely wrong for his build, and that they would hide his natural beauty far too much.
Cockatrice nods and the man with the pda goes to a closet nearby and pulls out a heavy black blanket and quickly moves his much flatter colleague onto it rolling him up. Cockatrice nods “Unfortunately, dead humans lead to hard questions in this city, but someone carrying a wrapped blanket doesn’t.”
Ambrose Betamax: "Orange eyeshadow with purple ANYTHING? all you’re doing is obscuring! If anything will show his natural beauty it would be Subtlety. Subtlety!

Hoi Hoi Polloi picks up the blanket and heads off down stairs only stopping long enough to blow Cockatrice a kiss and wink at her
AJ B. (GM): The shopkeeper shakes his head. “Subtlety is fine for those who wan’t to pass unnoticed, but attention should be drawn to such a fine specimen as him and the best way to do that is to go balls to the wall!”
Both Leah and Scraps are staring at each other, just completely baffled by this.
Ambrose Betamax: “Are you mad? if anything that would drive people away! So high contrast! It’s like you’d be slapping everyone who looked at him!”
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (Once we reach outside the city and are away from prying eyes I will activate the flying tattoo and the darkness tattoo and speed at 90 MPH going from shadow to shadow while covered in a globe of shadows)
Ambrose Betamax: (with shadowy polka dots)
AJ B. (GM): As you reach the bottom of the stairs a woman who only comes up to your knees greets you. “Ms. Trice says I’m t’be escorting you out of the city, pleasure t’meet ya. My name is Phillis.” She extends her hand up towards you.
The shopkeeper shoots back. “Exactly, nothing gets attention like a slap to the face.”
Ambrose Betamax: “But people hate being slapped in the face! they want to be gently caressed! Lovingly embraced!”
(From AJ B. (GM)): A message comes through to you, that you are to let Hoi and one other go through the basement to leave the city, and that if you refuse you can expect your already massive debt, which the bill of has yet to be calculated for, to increase substantially.
(To GM): The instant response would be “What debt, and for what task?”
AJ B. (GM): Scraps finally steps up behind Ambrose and glares down at the greasy little man. “You want my business you listen to the man.” The shopkeeper nods and then shakes his head. “I have some of what he’s requested, but some of it will need to be specially made. It is difficult to fit such an imposing individual after all.”

Ambrose Betamax hopes his fashion knowledge is impressing Leah.)
(From AJ B. (GM)): “Your subordinate has killed Ms Cockatrice’s trusted bodyguard and left hand man. Ms. Hoi has been so gracious as to offer his return to the land of the living but needs to get him out of the city quickly to ensure his return.”

Leah Razortongue steps forward and poses a bit for Ambrose. “Got any recommendations for me cutie?”
Ambrose Betamax: rolling 1d100
(
6
)
= 6
“well, it’s hard to improve on perfection, in’t it…perhaps I could sew you something to emphasize how amazing you look :3”
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (I bet the imposing dude walks out dressed like this… http://absolute.animeblogger.net/Images/Anime/Seto%20no%20Hanayome/20/18.jpg or this http://safebooru.org//images/283/eae5929a08e00eef2d61524a389b9a5cc8bd86f3.jpg )
(To GM): “What the fuck did Ambrose do and how did he kill anyone?!” was his first thought. Then he erased the message, “How did Ambrose kill anyone that Lady Cockatrice keeps close by? What happened?” had to be the reply. Nope, this wasn’t good.

Leah Razortongue giggles and smiles “That sounds wonderful, I look forward to seeing it.”
Ambrose Betamax: “…or you could wear me, I’m very flattering :P”
(From AJ B. (GM)): Not Ambrose, your other subordinate, the large lizard named Bharat, he crushed Ms. Cockatrice’s bodyguard flat then ate his heart. at the same time there is a message from Vault about people at the gate.
AJ B. (GM): At this point Hoi and Phillis have reached the gate to the safehouse where Vault is patrolling the grounds. Phillis calls out to him. “Please inform the resident of our arrival.”
(To GM): “Report.” A simple order to the droid as he rapidly typed up a reply, “I will be disputing who Bharat reports to upon my return.” Fuck fuck fuck fuck.
Vault: “Acknowledged. The Commander will request your name and purpose.” Ever with the robotic tone, but that still polite inflection.
AJ B. (GM): “Phillis and Hoi, guiding through the basement, and leaving the city respectively. Anything more then that is a private matter that I was not given knowledge of.”

Leah Razortongue chuckles at Ambrose’s comment. “As soon as you get the you know what I’ll be happy to.”
Vault: “Acknowledged. One moment please.” Again the robotic intonation of the droid. And then the kill bot would move to open the gate a few moments later. “The Commander sends his regards and requests that you follow me.”
AJ B. (GM): After a little while Scraps comes out wearing this (http://www.mensusa.com/images/MensLong-suits-Suit-Black-Pink-Pinstripes.jpg), with all of his makeup washed off, and smiling brightly. “You’re right little fawn this is much more, umm what’s the word? coming?”

Vault would likely lead the pair of women towards the door and in, politely holding it open even.
AJ B. (GM): The dwarf woman shakes her head. “We are in a hurry, if the resident has been made aware of our presence then we will proceed with what needs to be done if he still wishes to speak upon my return I will be glad to, I can not speak for Ms Hoi in that regard however.”

Vault is just being a door man, in this case! No leading, really.
AJ B. (GM): Phillis heads through the door and immediately heads towards the basement barring any attempts to physically stop her.

Melo is likely far less talkative about the matter. Body armor, guns, and a rather dower expression. He was trying to bite his tongue “Where are we going, and what the fuck did you let a member of your squad do that for, Commander?” Nope, he’s none too pleased, the last title spoken with a clear bit of a sneer of emphasis on what he thinks of Hoi’s leadership abilities.

Hoi Hoi Polloi looks at Melo and shakes her head “If I remember correctly he is your squad member since you are the one who stated you are paying him. As for Commander we both know you have never taken orders from me and at every turn have shown nothing but disrespect to the point that I seriously doubt you are working for me…”
Hoi Hoi Polloi: “I believe you are just on loan and even then you cannot even do that properly”

Hoi Hoi Polloi motions for Phillis to hurry up
AJ B. (GM): She continues on down the stairs into the basement leading the way and opens the passage to the maze. (need to know, is Melo following them down here?)
Melo: “Your contract. Your approval. Your payroll. Not once has he been under my command.” He’d follow along though; a matter of making sure they do exactly what they said they were to do, and exit the city.
Hoi Hoi Polloi: “Is Vault there?”

Melo is kinda a dick.

Vault is back on guard duty, outside the house.
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (oops meant to put that in brackets)
“Melo Vault has a perfect memory… He will remember that you commanded Bharat to not do something otherwise he will not get paid… Putting him under your control. If he does not follow my orders but yours then you are the commander. As for anything else that needs to be said I have to go now we are in a hurry.”
AJ B. (GM): Phillis stops at the entrance to the maze and holds out her hand towards Melo. “She’s paying her way with magic, you want to know the way through here, either pay up or wait here and see if she can remember it and wants you to know it.”
Hoi Hoi Polloi: …(she told Melo I’m magic)
(well paying my way with magic… lol Cockatrices people don’t know how to keep a secret)
AJ B. (GM): (technically she said you’re paying your way with magic, that could mean quite a few different things)

Melo stopped at the dwarf’s comment. “By all means. Will you be returning through the house?”
AJ B. (GM): Phillis nods. “I’ll be returning within the hour. Hoi will return when her work is done. If she needs a guide I or another agent will be back.”

Melo nods, once. “Safe travels.” And he’d turn and head back upstairs.
AJ B. (GM): (Alright unless Hoi plans to wander off in the maze, can timeskip a bit/shift the focus some?)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (Sure, quick question is there a psionic at the organisation?)
AJ B. (GM): (a couple yeah)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (I want the dude once resurrected put to sleep with drugs, so his mind doesn’t go crazy and ask the organisation to search his memories without leaving any trace on information regarding any ties with Cockatrice and the Horune or vampires… Nothing else… )
(would also like to ask about what kind of deal they have with her and if I could borrow a Sensor Jammer)
AJ B. (GM): (you’d have to keep him there for a month to guarantee zero trace)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (would 1 month in a dimension where time runs faster than this world work?)
AJ B. (GM): (only power for checking that psionically is mind bond which is 100% of each others memories for 3 to 12 hours of full knowledge, 15% chance of recalling beyond that, and then gone after a month)
Phillis comes back through to the house and assuming she sees Melo, apologizes for being short with him earlier.
After a little while of more shopping Scraps tells Leah and Ambrose goodbye and says “If you ever need anything little fawn, or if anyone gives you a hard time, come find me.”

Melo would be rather polite about it; just another little sign that it’s Hoi that he’s got a growing dislike for. “It’s quite alright. You were tasked with doing something. I’ve already been given directions on the way out and know what places to avoid. I’ve just not had a need to put knowledge into action.”
AJ B. (GM): She nods “Well, that’s good then, appreciate you not pushing it. Too many people get too curious, and things go sour fast.”
Melo: “There’s a time to know what questions to ask, and a time to know when not to ask them.” And a sigh of frustration, another bite of his tongue. Sure, he’d want to say ‘And I don’t think she knows the later half of that equation’, but it’s impolite to insult someone when they’re not present. “I need to get this cleared up though.” He’d again glance at the console. “Anything else you need with the property? Or did she say how long she might be gone?”
AJ B. (GM): She shakes her head. “No to both, but her organization has ways of contacting us, and that entrance can’t be opened from the outside, so she’ll need us if she wants to go back through the maze.”
Melo: “Understood. If that’s the case, then I suppose I should see you out?” He’d rise from his seat, and start making his way to the door. “And I appreciate you knocking rather than barging in like so many seem to do.”
AJ B. (GM): She chuckles and goes with you leaving. “Well can’t imagine that bot patrolling the grounds is just for show. Should you decide you want a guide for the maze, feel free to get in touch.”

Ambrose Betamax wonders how mister clashing eyeliner is doing
Melo: “You’re quite right. And I suppose I should ask for some contact information then. Won’t lie, a guide wouldn’t be bad the first time or two through.”
AJ B. (GM): She nods and gives you her contact information

Melo glanced over it before tucking it into a pouch, and seeing her to the gate before heading back, to the hangar.
AJ B. (GM): Leah asks Ambrose if he’s ready to head back now that they’ve been out shopping etc.
Ambrose Betamax: “sure!”
(To GM): A message to Cockatrice would be composed, simple, polite, and the gist of it would be a request for a meeting to address just what happened. If he’s to be billed for something, he’d like to make sure he knew for what, and why. And he still needs to address just who the lizard reports to.
(From AJ B. (GM)): A response comes back almost immediately. “Ms. Cockatrice is dealing with many issues today, tomorrow you will likely be busy with Mr. Ambrose. Will the day after that suffice?”
(To GM): “This is acceptable. Please also pass my condolences on to her for her loss.” You don’t tell someone to make time for you when dealing with matters like this. Plus, paperwork. So much paperwork.
Ambrose Betamax: “Plan b?”

Ambrose Betamax accidentally did not whisper that, and it echoed ominously.

Ambrose Betamax looks for melo.

Melo is at the house, reading a book. The house has books, right?
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (its filled with black and white porn books from the 1800’s)
AJ B. (GM): (it has a total of three actual books. but it does have digital versions. remember physical print and paper is pre rifts artifact stuff. and it was flammable during the dark ages)

Melo would be reading one of the digital ones in such case… Well, depending on the title and subject of the three. Well, that, and he’s got a tech digest to enjoy.
AJ B. (GM): Sun Tzu’s Art of War, Love of an Eternal, and The Final Juicing.
Ambrose Betamax: (the second two are porns)

Melo would have his nose in a digital book or technical manual or something.
AJ B. (GM): (lol the second one is a supernatural romance, so in essence he’s right. The last is an action/adventure last one in a series about Juicers)
(I hate to say this guys but I’m kind of burnt out tonight though, and think I need to call it an early night)
Ambrose Betamax: (ok!)
Melo: (No problems. Sorry for being blah myself tonight)
AJ B. (GM): (no worries.)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (next time on rifts… hoi Hoi sneaks back into the compound and attempts to have her way with Melo…)
Zea: Today is Thursday, May 21st, 2015. EXP is about to be given.
Ambrose Betamax: ^
AJ B. (GM): Ingame Timestamp September 3rd 6 pm
400 base exp. an extra 125 for Ambrose, an extra 100 for Hoi, an extra 50 for Melo
Ambrose Betamax: (thanks ^
)
AJ B. (GM): Tonight’s been a lot of fun, even if it was short
Ambrose Betamax: yup ^^
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (Mission cockblock Ambrose was successful )
Ambrose Betamax: (nuuuuuu)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (The only person your allowed any relationship is with Melo… or Bharat and only if your the dom)
Ambrose Betamax: (aaaaw)

Ambrose Betamax is totally not here

Bharat has no idea where he is
AJ B. (GM): (and with all the pawns on the board I can now implement my Master Plan Muahahahaha hack cough pain)
(time for another episode of Recap Theatre)
Last time on The Adventures of the Killer Stylist: Hoi managed to get into one massive fight with Cockatrice, and they parted on terms that were confusing at best. Melo learned he is apparently responsible for the death of Cockatrice’s bodyguard, and Ambrose made a new friend through his knowledge of fashion and willingness to argue with shopkeepers. Bharat was presumably doing whatever he does to wind down during all of this.
(Anyone object to kicking off at the next morning?)
P.O.M: (nope)
Zea: (I’m cool with it)
Ambrose Betamax: (all good)
Bharat: (I REFUSE!)
(jk. :P)
AJ B. (GM): Alright so the next morning those of you in the city (everyone but Hoi who is still working on getting the smooshed guard revived) awake to a rather loud announcement coming throughout the city. “All D-bees are to report to the docks at 2:30 pm today. Attendance is mandatory. This announcement will repeat once per hour, thank you for your compliance.”

Bharat looks up in the air. “What?”

Melo had little to do with it. This wasn’t something he approved of, but that’s just part of living in the city. And when it came down to it, he had a good enough idea of what he should be doing. He can only hope Ambrose, and to some extent, a few other D-Bees weren’t selected for the sale. Hell, he didn’t even know what they looked for in the sale, or how frequently this was to happen. And it’s not like he’d had enough contact with Bharat to let him know of what was going on. Hell.. He might even turn to Leah for help on this one, on how best to make sure Ambrose didn’t look like he was worth buying. And he still had no idea how to make the deer-bee keep quiet about being opinionated.
Leah Razortongue: “Best way to avoid being bought is to not be there. But if you insist on or can’t avoid being on the block, well they looks for anything that’d be fun to hunt seems to be their big ticket items. So appearing as average as possible tends to help.”

Ambrose Betamax assumes that the message just doesn’t apply to him, and ignores it.
Melo: “They go for the pathetic and weak looking ones at all?”
P.O.M: (dress Ambrose up as a teenager with angst issues, thats about as weak and pathetic as you can get)
Leah Razortongue: she nods “They do at times. I’ve heard some of them mention how weak muscles make for more tender meat.”
Ambrose Betamax: "Hey Leah, maybe we should just find a place to hide then…We have a giant basement maze after all.

Melo would have to admit, he’s got no idea how to pull this off. His duty as a peace keeper and known association with the Deer-Bee would pose issues one way or another. Add to that, Ambrose is on the very short list of level 3 D-Bee citizens.. “And what’s the penalty for being caught not going up?”
Leah Razortongue: “Usually, to be dragged up there at a severe discount. The Horune usually stay for about three days to a week, this is going to be a daily occurence for that time. As for hiding Ambrose, well you think you can get us an alibi for where we were, because they do check the records of registered D-bees.”
Ambrose Betamax: (level 3? is that good or bad?)
Melo: (Considering most are level 0 or 1, yes)
“Go up once, or go up daily? And how many do they normally buy?”
Leah Razortongue: “Daily, and honestly it’s impossible to tell, there are times they leave with no one. other times they seem to be trying to pack the ship full.” She leans to Ambrose and whispers in his ear.

Bharat wanders around town, generally making a nuisance of himself in various locations

Melo curses under his breath, rather unsure what to do about this one. “Well.. His association with me, in my current position, puts both of us in kinda an ugly place. I’ve got a duty to the city, and if he doesn’t show up, I’ll be expected to bring him, or likely be charged with harboring, if not aiding and abiding.”
(From AJ B. (GM)): Vault radios in. “Commander, the woman from yesterday has returned and is requesting permission to enter.”
Melo: “Granted.” Yep, he does that.
AJ B. (GM): Phyllis walks through the house, nods to Melo and thanks him for being prompt before heading down into the basement.

Melo just nods to the random woman that walks through the house, as if all is normal. He’s.. liking today less and less.

Leah Razortongue shrugs to Ambrose and says “Maybe”
AJ B. (GM): After a little while longer Phyllis the now not dead bodyguard and Hoi come walking through the house right as the announcement repeats itself.

Melo by then, is likely making breakfast. Or trying to get Ambrose to do it, because even Leah is likely complaining about his cooking by now.

Ambrose Betamax doesn’t mind cooking :P
Melo: (To GM) rolling 1d100< 14 cooking
(
96
)
= 0 Successes

Hoi Hoi Polloi pats the bodyguard on the back… “How does having a second chance at life feel like”
AJ B. (GM): He seems still pretty shaken up and just kind of nods, following Phyllis almost on autopilot. She chuckles “He’ll be grateful for it once he has had some rest. For now I should get him home.” she heads out with him in tow. As she opens the door she shouts into the house. “You have some badge toting visitors coming towards your gate.” Her and the bodyguard speed up their walk some.

Melo is having what most people like to call ‘A Monday’. ‘Cept it’s not a Monday. Maybe. Ok, maybe it is. “Fuck’n hell.” And he’d turn his head. “Vault, status.”

Hoi Hoi Polloi quickly mentions before they go to Phyllis “Remind Cockatrice about our dinner date that was promised once we came back, I would like to know when she is free and would be grateful for any suggestions in regards to where I should take her”
(From Vault): “Four peacekeepers are approaching the gate in full uniform. Expected arrival and request of entry in 20 seconds.”

Melo wouldn’t be in the house for much longer, food set on the counter before he’d make his way out, dressed quite casually for the morning, to make his way to the gate. No body armor, just his trusty automag and boot knife. When isn’t he armed these days?
AJ B. (GM): As you head outside the peacekeepers arrive at the gate, one of them waves to you and another glares at him, the serious and glaring man steps forward towards the gate. “Peacekeeper Melo, your assistance is requested.” He calls out.

Melo would return the wave quite casually, “Sure thing,” was the reply to the request. “Full riot gear? Or just the civvies? Vault, get the gate, let ‘em in. You folks need something to eat or drink before we head out? Figure we’re gonna have a hell of a day ahead of us.”
AJ B. (GM): They step inside the gate but remain there the man in charge says “Full Riot gear is reccomended, we have reports of a D-bee destroying the comm system in the city, seems he doesn’t care for the announcements.”

Melo mutters. “Fuck’n hell. Alright. Give him the details.” A nod given at the droid before he’d about face and run back towards the house to get prepped.
Vault: “The Commander has requested any information you are able to provide about the subject so that I may relay the information to him.” Ever the polite death bot.
(From Vault): “The disturbance began in the M-quarter and has been moving along steadily with each comm station in the line being destroyed. Reports state it is a metal lizard D-bee who seems to get rather angry if anyone attempts to interfere. A squad is being taken in the hopes that he can be subdued”

Melo would return in short order; properly decked out. Dart gun with the MD darts with a sleep agent, the automag just in case, neural dagger and his club.. Not like he wanted to get anywhere near just what he thought he was about to face. “Swear t’fuck’n god, if it’s who I think it is, there’s gonna be hell to pay.”

Leah Razortongue watches Melo leave fully decked out in gear and looks at the others. “Think we should follow him?”
Ambrose Betamax: (huh. isn’t it usually ambrose?)
“I dunno. He’s looking how he looked at me that time I rode an elephant into a glassware store we were guarding.”

Melo would soon enough be facing the small squad, “Going on foot, or should I bring out the APC?”
Ambrose Betamax: (Best I could come up with that fast lol)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (Where am I when all this is happening?)
Melo: (You’d be in the house unless you left with the body guard and dwarf)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (I did not leave so.. hmm… I guess it means I am with Ambrose or near enough)

Hoi Hoi Polloi looks at Ambrose, “It feels like a good day to stalk someone… Perhaps we should follow Leah’s lead and follow him”
Hoi Hoi Polloi: “Perhaps we can learn more about Melo by observing him in his natural habitat”
AJ B. (GM): The commander says “We go on foot, no need to incite more problems with something heavy if we can avoid it.”

Leah Razortongue chuckles “I don’t think he has a natural habitat.”
Melo: “Yes sir. Lead on.”
Leah Razortongue: “So do we want to be sneaky or just casual?”

Hoi Hoi Polloi raises her eyebrow “But he seems to be in his element… The cesspool that is human society…”

Melo is more than capable of following orders when it comes down to it. It’s a matter of having a CO that actually shows respect to their troops. He might even try and strike up some idle conversation with the rest of the squad; just as much listening as anything else, though mostly on the topic at hand: The subject in question.
Ambrose Betamax: (brb for a sec, feeding my cat)
Bharat: (Let the mangy beast starve!)
Ambrose Betamax: (is back and aaaw)

Leah Razortongue waits for an answer from either Ambrose or Hoi
Bharat: (Hey, I say the same thing to my cats as I pour food into their bowl)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (Cats deserve respect, without cats… cat punting would not exist)
Ambrose Betamax: (my poor cat D:)

Hoi Hoi Polloi blinks a few times at Leah “Can Ambrose even be sneaky”

Ambrose Betamax is always casual. “We could be casually sneaky.”

Leah Razortongue blinks twice then sighs “Casual it is.” She walks out the door and follows the squad at a distance looking around at houses and the sky as if out for a peaceful walk through the city.
Bharat: (I yell at my cats all the time. For nothing in particular)

Ambrose Betamax follows leah because ladydeerbee.
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (I used to have cats come in and tear up my vegetable garden… So I set out some cat food on a large tray outside my window one day to lure the cats in and then dropped a bucket of lemon juice on them… drove the cat crazy have yet to see them around since)

Hoi Hoi Polloi casually and haughtily walks behind Ambrose and Leah as if she is taking her pets for a walk
AJ B. (GM): After a little while of walking one of the Peacekeepers comments on the three people who seem to be following them. The commander looks back and shrugs. “It’s a city, people are walking around all the time.”

Melo would glance back at the trio, then shrug as well. The CO was alright with it, and he had no rights to stop them. Back to casual conversation he’d go.
Ambrose Betamax: (I bet he’s wondering why they are riding a cassowary though.)
AJ B. (GM): (roflmao, that’d be hard to do casually I think)
Melo: (Back and forth, across the street, trying to get the hang of riding an ill tempered burd.)
Ambrose Betamax: (Whoa, steve, whoa….yes I named it steve)
AJ B. (GM): Once you get to the area just outside the M-quarter you see Bharat hunched over the speakers of one of the intercoms tearing it apart, a crowd of D-bees surrounding him and cheering him on.
(well a semi circle, no one wants to be between him and the next comm station)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (I guess it would be a bad time to casually mention outloud that Bharat works for Melo)

Melo muttered under his breath at the sight. Nope, there was no saving the D-Bee at this point. He’d o’corse be scanning around for Grimgrin among the throng before turning his attention to his CO. “Sir, permission to address the situation? I’m familiar with this one, and can’t excuse his behavior this time.”
AJ B. (GM): The CO nods. “Alright, since you have something of a rapport with these ‘people’ I’ll let you try, but if it gets out of hand he will go down hard.”
Melo: “Agreed. Thank you, Sir.” And with that, he’d turn towards the gathering of D-Bee’s, helmet’s loud speaker turned on to make sure he’s heard over the cheering, “Yo, Bharat, what t’hell you doing man?” Well, that’s one way to address what could be an angry mob. “Y’know full well that’s city property. And c’mon folks!” Sure, he was armed for bear, but none of his guns were in his hands, “Didn’t we go through this same thing last time? I know y’all’re better then this, even if it is nice to see someone standing up to th’man. Y’gotta think ‘bout just what this’ll make y’all look like though. Letting him do this isn’t helping your cause any.” O’corse, he’d be making a point of being between the giant lizard and the next comm-tower,
AJ B. (GM): The D-bees quiet some, mostly seeming confused as they look from Melo to Bharat, back and forth.

Bharat pulls his head out of the comm system, wires between his teeth. “Hello Melo! Stupid noise box keeps talking. Makes Bharat eye tingly!” As if to accentuate the point, he slams his claws into the speaker.

Melo approached, both stupidly and fearlessly, shaking his head, “Shit man, I get that it’s annoying as all hell, but y’know there’s gonna be hell to pay for this one.” He’d be toning down his loud speaker, to a much more manageable volume. “I mean, shit. How’re we gonna get these things back up? You coulda, you know, gone somewhere a bit quieter maybe? Or hell, maybe you coulda tried to set up something in Grimgrin’s arena to take your frustrations out on. But going berserk on the city PA? What if the city were under attack. How’re we gonna make sure the rest of the people in these parts’re told to stay inside, or where to evac to?” And then he’d look back at the rest of the crowd, “Gonna bump up the volume again,” a quiet warning to Bharat, “And the rest of you folks. I get it. I do. What’s happening fuck’n sucks, and I sure as hell don’t like it, but change takes time. We’re working on getting things made equal; I don’t know if they’ll be having some humans up on the block this time, but I’m damn hopeful they will to show you that you’re not alone in helping to keep the city alive. But you go and let one of you do something like this, without trying to stop ‘em, and then the city deploys us. If we can’t stop you, you know full well the cops’ll be coming down here, and they’ll be doing it with guns blazing. Y’gotta take care of your own, and make sure they’re doing the right thing too.” And then, provided Bharat didn’t show any signs of attempting to attack him, he’d even pat at the giant lizard some, “I know he’s big ‘n scary. But he’ll listen as long as you don’t attack him.” At least, he’d hope he wouldn’t.

Melo talks too fucking much.

Ambrose Betamax is er, watching from a distance and doesn’t hear much of it. (Which is to say, I’m too lazy to read all that lol)

Melo is doing the standard ‘chastise and encourage’ bit.

Bharat shakes his head. “Makes eye tingly!” He points at his mechanical eye. “Air thingies make Bharat eye tingly. Hurts. Only when stupid noise box talks. Talk too much today.”
Ambrose Betamax: (Bharat smash!)

Hoi Hoi Polloi is surprised that Melo is condoning vigilante justice by asking people to get involved in keeping the peace in cases that would endanger citizens

Melo is encouraging people to try and talk people out of doing stupid things, and to think before they act. A very human thought process, to be sure, but he’s had some luck with it before.

Hoi Hoi Polloi fears the day that some random group of D-Bees try to talk someone out of doing someone stupid only to have the person they are trying to talk down let his weapons do the talking

Melo also would be thinking fairly quick at Bharat’s complaint. Either poorly installed, has poor EMP shielding set off by the speaker’s, or the speakers use just the right frequency to set something else off. He doesn’t know. The most simple fix? A blanket is where his thoughts would go for now. Too bad he doesn’t have one with him. “It’ll keep talking, but I’m sure we can do something to make it a bit easier on you. Would likely take some trial and error though.” A shrug; as far as he was concerned, he really did need to arrest the D-Bee for at the least vandalism.

Bharat shrugs. “Breaking noise boxes quicker.”

Melo responded quickly, “Breaking noise box gets you arrested, too.”

Bharat looks at Melo. “Bharat never get arrested before. Just break some noise boxes then tingle stops. Make more noise boxes. Put up.” He gestures at the thing like it was making some kind of sense.

Hoi Hoi Polloi loudly asks one of the peace keepers “Wouldn’t arrest at this point be pointless considering that imprisonment would mean keeping him from the docks which would be the real crime?”
Melo: “Yeah, well, they haven’t sent the peace keepers out after you, have they?”
AJ B. (GM): The CO responds, “No, because he will only be imprisoned during the time he isn’t up at the docks.”
Bharat: “No? What is peace keeper?”

Hoi Hoi Polloi thinks for a moment then nods “That makes sense”
Bharat: (Gonna see how far this disbelief will go right here.)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: “I assumed it was kind of a 24/7 thing where they had to attend until the event was over…”

Melo jerks his thumb over his shoulder. “We’re the good cops. The ones that don’t come in with guns blazing, most of the time. C’mon. If all else fails, I’ll let you hang out in the APC until things’re sorted out. Should help keep the sound from bugging your eye.” He’d indicate to the other men with an inclination of his head. “Will look a bit better if you come peacefully with us though.”
Bharat: “… Can Bharat drive?”
Melo: “No. You won’t fit in the cockpit. I have to crouch in it, and the seats’re too small. Good sound proofing though. Sound good with you?”
AJ B. (GM): The CO shakes his head. “Nah, they have 3 hours to inspect and select each day they are here.”
Bharat: “Bharat use wheel! Stick arm through window! Melo push… push thingies.”

Melo had to laugh at that, shaking his head. “Digital controls, and even with your reach, I don’t think you’d be able to do much with them without wrecking it.”

Bharat sighs and looks down dejectedly. “Bharat never know happiness of driving big car.”
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (would be funny if Bharat could interface with the APC with his machine parts… Only to find out the APC has some kind of an A.I that falls in love with him)
AJ B. (GM): (roflmao)

Melo shook his head some in amusement, “Who knows. That’s not one car you’d be able to drive though. And really, its more of a bus then a car.” And he’d pat at the giant lizard, “C’mon. Let’s go so we can get the rest of this cleaned up. I’ll let’cha hang out in the main bay, like I said, until we get things sorted out. You’re still going to have to deal with the tingles for a while, but I’m sure you can put up with it.” Granted, he had to wonder just what tore the lizardman up in some other regards.. Or did he get a full set of repairs and healed up after his fight with the mob boss?
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (then Bharat controls the APC and they go on a joy ride and bust things up and become a virtual version of bonny and clide)
Melo: (…See, it’d be funny, but that actually already exists in the game. There’s a few instances of it through the books)
Bharat: (Nah, Bharat hasn’t had time to visit his mechanic yet)

Ambrose Betamax wonders if he can scratch up the inside of the APC so it doesn’t reflect anymore.
Bharat: (But his physical injuries are probably just about healed already)
“Ok Melo. Bharat hungry. We get food?”
Melo: “Only if you’re paying for it, and the CO OK’s it.” He’d turn to address the rest of the now likely bored and somewhat disbursed mob. “Folks, can you do the engineering core a favor and try to have the parts in a single pile at each site? I’ll see what I can do to be out here with them when we get the PA’s put back up, but no promises.”
AJ B. (GM): The mob has started to disperse but those still around do start to work on that. The CO looks surprised but shrugs. “You keep him under control and make sure he’s on the Docks on time and I really don’t care where you take him. I’ve got a mess of paperwork for changing his price as it is, and incarcerating him ourselves just means more.”
Melo: “Will do, Sir. Should have him back at my place after we’ve had lunch, and even if not, just radio the droid. He can pass a message to me anywhere in the city.” And then back to the D-Bee’s, “Thank you folks. I appreciate it, for what it’s worth.” And then back to the giant lizard, “C’mon. You treating the rest of us to lunch?” And he’d make a vague gesture at Hoi and the Deer-bees.

Bharat looks at the others, frowns slightly and shrugs, before picking a street seemingly at random and walking down it.

Melo would follow along; He’s got too much vested in this right now to let the D-Bee out of his sight.

Leah Razortongue continues to follow Melo and Bharat

Bharat looks over his shoulder to see if they’re following him and picks up the pace a little. Walking at perhaps, a tiny persons jog.

Ambrose Betamax can walk faster, so there.
Bharat: (Bharat is teh fasterest)

Melo would keep up, if only because he’s use to this. But that wouldn’t stop the ‘Hey man, slow down some’ bit.

Bharat turns a corner… then bolts, running full barrel down the street.

Ambrose Betamax hasn’t turned the corner, so is oblivious to this.

Hoi Hoi Polloi contemplates riding Ambrose
Bharat: (RIDE THE DEER!)

Melo isn’t about to deal with this. He’d have his dart gun in hand as he lowered to a knee to steady his aim for barely a moment before the quiet p’taff of a squeezed trigger would sound. (…Yeah. Give me a sec, I gotta pull up my sheet)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (he rolls a 1 missses and accidentally shoots a toddler in a pram)
Melo: (Sorry, it was on another PC that I had to track down, in a backup folder)
rolling 1d20+4 (non-called shot, sleep agent dart)
(
3
)+4
= 7
(And that’d be a solid miss)
Bharat: (HA HA! dramatic adventurer laugh)
Ambrose Betamax: (some poor random civilian without armor just had a sleeping dart go through them. And the bulding behind them. MDC :P)
Melo: (Amusingly, it does almost nothing to an unarmored SDC target on high power)
AJ B. (GM): Definitely missed and lodged in a wall behind Bharat as he makes his run from the law.

Melo would likely try and squeeze off another shot as the giant D-Bee continued to flee; with luck, he’d still be within range.
Melo: rolling 1d20 (5, technically if he’s within 250 ft, because the +4 was calc’d wrong on my part, flat if he’s within 325, total out of range beyond that)
(
20
)
= 20
Bharat: ((BALLS))
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (The dart flies perfectly into Bharat as a suppository would)
Melo: (Bharat, what’s yer spd?)
Bharat: (35)
Melo: (And how many actions / round?)
Bharat: (… 7, I believe)
Melo: (k, ~100 ft per action; yer within 250, so.. uh.. )
(Good luck with your dodge!)
AJ B. (GM): (yep, roll it Bharat)
Bharat: (I didn’t even get a chance to turn a corner. DX)
Melo: (Also, would be at -1 based on Melo’s ranged skill)
Bharat: rolling 1d20
7
(
1
)+7
= 8
((OH MY as
gagah
pahfs
khjgad
lad
Bharat: ohad
ljg
adjgta
jgd
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (I wonder what damage a thousand or so pound lizard would do as he crashes into something)
Bharat: (He’s close to 1300 pounds)
Melo: (haha. Yep, right in the back of the neck, with the nice soft squishy organic parts, with a sleep agent laden dart)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (please let their be a group of children in front of Bharat)
AJ B. (GM): Bharat you feel a mosquito bite right in the center of the back of your neck. (Need a save vs nonlethal poison)
Melo: rolling 1d4*2
(
1
)*2
= 2
(Yep, skeeter bite.)
Bharat: (Uh… what would that roll look like?)
Melo: (1d20>16 plus any bonuses you have; not sure of them off hand)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (I only know or race/class bonus and P.E)
(I think fasting may add to it but thats about the only skill I think gives bonus vs poison)
Bharat: rolling 1d20
(
5
)
= 5
(NOPE!)
(Dice hate me this week too)
AJ B. (GM): Bharat is quickly falling asleep unfortunately momentum and physics are still in effect and he was going relatively fast. He ends up crashing through a wall ahead of him before collapsing to the ground sound asleep.

Hoi Hoi Polloi is unamused by the lack of fatalities

Melo wouldn’t be having any of it. He’d radio in the moment he knew that dart connected to get some backup.. And a paddy wagon, covering the short distance and doing what any hero should do: Check to see if anyone else was hurt by the lizard barreling into their home. You don’t run from the law man when the law man was trying to get you off the hook as best they could. Now? Now there’s zero remorse.
AJ B. (GM): They radio back that they will be there in 15. As for the wall it actually led into a childs bedroom, Across the room is a crying and bleeding 5 year old, clutching to a stuffed pteradactyl.
Melo: (D-Bee, I presume?)
AJ B. (GM): (Human, this is just outside the M-quarter, its where the lower class humans live)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (Can I see the child from where I am?)
AJ B. (GM): (yep)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (I will activate my tattoo and rush in and snap its kneck)

Hoi Hoi Polloi rushes in and heals the child
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (I was joking about snapping its neck)

Melo would have to do something to keep the D-Bee down, and calm the child. This is not the way to win the hearts of the future generation that would be willing to accept D-Bees into their world. And as much as he distrusted Hoi, he’d let her do her thing, unimpeded. After all, she’s faster then him when it comes down to it. ‘Cause he’s a fatass.
AJ B. (GM): The child is quickly healed but now seems terrified of Hoi and looks like he is about to start screaming.

Hoi Hoi Polloi wipes the blood away from the child while using her healing touch… When the blood is wiped away she says “It seems the blood was not yours”
AJ B. (GM): He looks up and stops at that. “bu, but that brick.” He points at one with blood on it. “It hit me in the head.”
Hoi Hoi Polloi: “Then you must have a really hard head that or your young bones are flexible enough that it just bounced off, your lucky that you come from tough stock. I bet your parents are tough”
AJ B. (GM): The boy puffs out his chest, proud of himself and appreciative of the complement. “Ummm, I think they’re going to be unhappy about this wall though.”
Bharat: (Yes, convince the human child he can withstand bricks)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (Just his head)
Melo: “It mighta been his.” A nod given at the giant lizard. “Real live dino blood.” And… god dammit. Why oh why did they have to still have the Kool-Aid man in his childhood? All he can think of now is ‘Oh Yeah!’
AJ B. (GM): (Watch this guys, throws brick in the air and runs around under it trying to get hit in the head)
Bharat: (Good job moron! You doomed a child!)
(:P)

Melo also likely would need to p’taff the giant lizard a time or two with his dart gun, to make sure he stayed asleep until the paddy wagon showed up. He doesn’t have any restraints, let alone ones that’ll hold the mechanical D-Bee.

Hoi Hoi Polloi sighs and wishes she had a tattoo that could cure stupidity
AJ B. (GM): (ehh kids are resilient, he’ll learn)
(how many shots, and I need a saving roll for each Bharat)
Melo: (1 every time he starts to stir, and another if he doesn’t stop steering, otherwise every 3ish minutes considering it’s not overly long lasting)
Bharat: (You are unfair to the max)

Melo doesn’t fuck around.
Bharat: (And I still have no idea how many saves to make)
Melo: (At least 5)
(Each dart is 1d4+2 minutes of sleep time)
AJ B. (GM): (though if you get a string of saves you might outlast his ammo supply lol)
Melo: (It IS possible!)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: “Want me to put him into a coma until we can safely revive him later?”
“Would save you the ammo…”
Melo: “Yeah, as long as it won’t hurt him.” He’d glance over at the kid. “Don’t worry about him though. He’ll be fine.”
Bharat: (REALLY? I THOUGHT YOU WERE ALL ABOUT THA CHAOS?)
(Bharat will be having strong words with you people later)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (Money is more important than Chaos… )
Bharat: (What on earth does this situation have to do with money?)
Melo: (My ammo isn’t comped by the city)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (ammo costs money)
Melo: (Even more so when it’s non-lethal ammo)
Bharat: (OH MY GOD AKSFGHASFKHAKFHSAHFKADK)

Melo is.. well, frankly, he’s a jerk. He’s also a cop.

Hoi Hoi Polloi activates her death touch tattoo and begins touching Bharat often
AJ B. (GM): (he’s right, he could probably get comped for ending Bharat’s life, but yeah nonlethal, the city isn’t big on that for D-bees, even during sales time)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (I do this as we carry him into the APC)

Melo can only look the other way so many times. This has turned into vandalism and evading arrest. And he’s still waiting for backup; he’s not going to be moving the D-Bee from the crime scene.
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (well then I will try to pretend to be tending to his wounds but using death touch on him if we arent taking him back to the apc
(save vs magic 16 per touch)
Bharat: (You’re trying to KILL ME?)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (just put you into a coma)
(Don’t worry the damage is straight to HP it won’t leave a mark outside of your body)
Bharat: (I’m just gonna rolla bunch of saves, ok?))
Melo: (K!)
Bharat: (Wait, how is that not something to worry about?!)
rolling 1d20
(
16
)
= 16
(Wow. Save on the first try! I don’t know what that means for me…)
Melo: (It means Hoi gets to poke you again)
Ambrose Betamax: (lol)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (I only can do this for 8 minutes and I get a touch once every action)
Bharat: (But… how do you know it failed to take hold? Or are you just gonna keep poking anyway)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (apparently I glow while doing this so I wouldnt do it…)
Bharat: (AUGH SO CONFUSED)

Melo just p’taffs away.
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (I’m trying not to show people I’m magic)
Melo: (Keep rolling saves)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (So you just have to save vs melo)

Ambrose Betamax wanders around wondering what all that noise is
Melo: (To GM) rolling 1d4+2 (First one)
(
2
)+2
= 4
(To GM): Dart at 3 minutes. Another at 3:30 when he starts to wake.
Melo: (Go ahead and roll another)
Bharat: (Can we count that first save towards melo then?)
Melo: (Yep!)
Bharat: (Ok then)
Melo: rolling 1d4
(
3
)
= 3
(…Also, these darts do MD. That’s 5 total)
Ambrose Betamax: (are you literally shooting him with these darts after he fell over?)
Melo: (Only way Melo has to keep him subdued)
Bharat: (Yes. While I’m still unconscious)
Ambrose Betamax: (wow lol)

Melo tried to be nice, and he ran. Bharat fought the law, and the law won.
Ambrose Betamax: (He mostly just fought a speaker.)
Melo: (Evading Arrest. The other option was to kill him)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (We could eat him to hide the evidence)
Melo: (Then we end up with a bunch of bloody silver bionics)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (Only half of him is… the other half we can sell for spare parts)

Ambrose Betamax finally turns the corner. “AAAH why did you shoot tiny?!”
Melo: “Because he attempted to evade arrest, after I gave him options that were available to him. At least the kid is alright.” A nod over in the child’s direction, along with Hoi, otherwise attention paid to the D-Bee.
(From AJ B. (GM)): need a perception roll
Melo: (To GM) rolling 1d20+2
(
6
)+2
= 8
Ambrose Betamax: “Oh. in that case, carry on. That gun just makes him sleep, right?”
AJ B. (GM): He seems to be staying asleep longer then you expected, perhaps the poison has built up in his system.
Melo: (Back, sorry. Good news is my brother isn’t dead. Bad news is the bee hive is getting bigger)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (Smoke them out)
(then steal all the honey)
Bharat: (That’s a terrifying sentence)

Melo would fire another dart at the next 3 minute mark, or if the lizard started to show signs of waking up; standard shifting, moving, or even bionics twitching.
Bharat: (This is stupid! I am a failure at everything!)
Melo: (I came home to a swarm of beez taking up residence on the back of my trash can. And not at all! Melo’s just an asshole)

Ambrose Betamax looks at Bharat, and then at Melo. “This does seem like a bit much though.”
Melo: (Running might not have been a good idea, considering Melo’d been tasked with keeping tabs on the lizard, and he was trying to be nice, but nice only goes so far)
AJ B. (GM): At the 20 minute mark the paddywagon and 6 riot gear armed peace keepers show up. “Sorry authorization took longer then… What the hell happened to this wall?”
Melo: “I don’t have any cuffs that’ll hold him or keep him from running.” And he’d just keep going through darts as needed until the team showed up. “He ran, and my generosity gave out. Sleep agent took hold and he couldn’t stop. Kids ok. Folks’re pissed, but..” A shrug. “Current situation being what it is, and his current crimes, capitol punishment would have meant more collateral damage and isn’t something that was justified.”

Bharat snores loudly and scratches his hip.

Melo is likely going to need to spend the rest of the afternoon filling out paperwork over the incident. Oh what fun bureaucracy is. He’d just as likely help get the D-Bee restrained properly, and loaded into the truck.
AJ B. (GM): (sorry about delays, figuring out a few things.)
Bharat: (I’m gonna be stuck in jail. You’ll get over some paperwork)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (Dont worry I will find a way to kill you… While making it look like an accident… It may involve some fusion blocks and a bunny rabbit, but it will be well worth it)

Ambrose Betamax wonders if he can have a cookie and then make out with leah when he gets home.

Hoi Hoi Polloi asks the child “Do you know where the restroom is, I need to go badly”

Hoi Hoi Polloi shivers
AJ B. (GM): The boy nods. "Sure, he points to his doorway. “Turn right, its the next door on the left.”

Hoi Hoi Polloi rushes off to the toilet
Hoi Hoi Polloi: 19 trying to hold it in

Hoi Hoi Polloi succeeds
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (Not a drop was spilled that day)
AJ B. (GM): A shadow covers the alley and one of the peacekeepers looks up and screams. This thing (https://throughacrackedlens.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/corruption-devil-4th-mmiii.jpg) and a Garkain swoop down. The Creature picks up Bharat. (I need an HF check from everyone)
Bharat: (… I’M BEING KIDNAPPED! SAVE ME MY MINIONS)
AJ B. (GM): (well everyone who’s there and concious)
Melo: rolling 1d20+4
(
9
)4
= 13
Hoi Hoi Polloi: 10 Hoping that if she fails she won’t shit out bricks
(just in case I need a roll even though I am in the toilet)
(… the first monster looks like Melo’s ex-wife)
AJ B. (GM): (Ambrose your roll?)
Ambrose Betamax: (oops sry)
rolling 1d20 + -1
(
3
)
-1
= 2
(LOL)

Melo is far from fearless.
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (You drop an assortments of dried pellets from your buttflap)

Ambrose Betamax freezes in place as deers do when confronted by fast moving large objects.
AJ B. (GM): It seems everyone is shut down by this, the Garkain swoops down and scoops Ambrose up, the turrets activate and are shooting at the creatures while they remain within range, however by the time everyone shakes it off both creatures are above the turret range and getting some solid distance from the scene.
Melo: (..What’s a Garkain?)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (a type of pickle?)

Ambrose Betamax doesn’t know what a garkian is, but things it’ll make a great pet
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (its batman)
AJ B. (GM): (Australian Vampire, half bat half man)
Melo: (Ahh, ok)
AJ B. (GM): (admittedly more akin to Manbat from the same show)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (Melo if only we took care of those vampires when I asked you too…)
Melo: (Had we done so, we’d be dead)
AJ B. (GM): (and yeah this thing definitely fits Ambrose’s definition of pets)
Ambrose Betamax: (that was a biiiig thing)
AJ B. (GM): (ehh it was just expanded for visual)
(its about the same size as a tall human)

Ambrose Betamax flails about as if that is a useful thing to do.’

Melo would have been stunned, to be sure. He’d even hesitate when reaching for his rifle, the dart gun practically dropped. Quite ineffectively, he’d try and squeeze off a shot or two once he’d come to his senses.

Hoi Hoi Polloi continues to grunt away in the toilet
Melo: rolling 1d20-1 at the one with Ambrose, for what the shot is worth.
(
11
)-1
= 10
rolling 1d20-1
(
7
)-1
= 6
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (Seems like Ambrose’s plan to get laid was foiled again…)
(The plan for a cookie and fun time with Leah has failed. )
Ambrose Betamax: (Well maybe this vampire is attracted to him.)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (Which one ?)
(I think the lipstick one may have a thing for Bharat)
Ambrose Betamax: “Why are giant fat ugly bat creatures so meeeeean!?”
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (what happened?)
Melo: (Ambrose has been kidnapped)
AJ B. (GM): [9:33:58 PM] Real_Jacior: “LET ME DOWN YOU DISTURBING BEAST! I HAVE NO INTEREST IN BEING VAMPIRE CHOW!”
[9:35:04 PM] AJ-Husband of Ky, Pusher of Pause, and smallest kitteh: “We are to protect you, you will not be fed to vampires.”
(hmm I think that thing screwed up somewhere along the way)

Melo is going to go in, guns blazing at this point. All he knows is they just stole the deer-bee.
AJ B. (GM): (those of you who arent Ambrose ignore that)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (Do you even know where the monsters went?)
AJ B. (GM): (not exactly hard to spot a giant pink thing in the sky, even if the guns can’t reach it)

Melo doesn’t. Ambrose is in Danger. There is nothing that will get in his way.
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (Do you say this out loud?)
AJ B. (GM): The rest of the cops shake this off and are milling around rather confused what to do.
(This is far above their paygrade)

Melo hasn’t said anything. Unlike the rest of the peace keepers, he’s already booking it back to the house, with orders to Vault to track.

Hoi Hoi Polloi walks back after flushing the toilet and probably clogging it up
Hoi Hoi Polloi: “What happened ?”

Ambrose Betamax flails and yells. “Melo will save me, he’s my hero! You, you….future leather handbag you!”

Melo likely wouldn’t be there by the time Hoi finished her business; he’d let someone else explain things.
AJ B. (GM): One of the peacekeepers shrugs “Not sure, a demon and a vampire stole the prisoner and the male deer.”
Hoi Hoi Polloi: “… Which way did Melo go?”
Leah Razortongue: “Follow me, he’s undoubtedly going to get the deathbot”

Hoi Hoi Polloi follows Leah
(To GM): “Vault! Skycycle, now. Diamond 2 protocol, hostage situation, both airborn. Current position over M-Quarter, going [direction]. Follow them, keep your distance. Ambrose is one of the hostages, take no aggressive action unless they’re on the ground.”

Melo is booking it; he at least had the presence of mind to grab his dart gun before tearing off.
(From AJ B. (GM)): Vault radios back after a little while. “Commander they have gone over the wall and I am being restricted from leaving, permission to remove obstacle?”

Hoi Hoi Polloi looks Leah in the eyes as they are running “I know a lot about vampires and demons… I doubt Ambrose is going to get out of this unmolested and emotionally scarred”
(To GM): “Authorization granted as per Melo Craft, Peacekeeper badge PK[Number], in pursuit of two D-Bees, one of whom is charged with criminal offences. If authorization is denied, remain stationary and track as far as visual range permits.” Y’know, presuming he’s being stopped by some sort of aircraft or similar, and not.. not trying to fly over the wall.
Ambrose Betamax: “so, so, what are you uh, saving me from?”
(er. that’s a whisper.)
(From AJ B. (GM)): Acknowledged Commander, they refuse until you are here in person.
(To GM): “..Fucking hell, what’s their radio channel? I don’t have fucking time for this.”

Leah Razortongue grows, “If they harm him I’ll tear their throats out and feed it to them”
Hoi Hoi Polloi: “The problem is not if they harm him… The problem is what if he ends up liking it…”
AJ B. (GM): (alright guys its getting a bit late and I think that’s a decent spot to wrap things up)
Melo: (Yep. Good break time for me)
Ambrose Betamax: (aaaaaah cliffhanger lol)
Hoi Hoi Polloi: (Will Ambrose get to keep his virginity… Tune in next time on Rifts…)
Ambrose Betamax: (lol)
(ravished by manbats)
Zea: Today is Thursday, May 28th, 2015. EXP is about to be given.
Ambrose Betamax: (lol I’m a dumbass)
Bharat: (MANBAT III REVENGE OF THE DICKS))
Ambrose Betamax: (I’m gonna have to draw ambrose carried by a manbat yelling wheeeeeee)
AJ B. (GM): Ingame timestamp September 4th, 11 am
exp for the session 400 base.
Bharat: Draw Bharat and Ambrose holding their arms out while they’re being carried. Like, king of the world style. :P
AJ B. (GM): Bharat an extra 200, Ambrose and extra 200, Hoi an extra 150, Melo an extra 150
Ambrose Betamax: (sorry I was slow earlier, I thought ambrose was gonna have another slow day :P)
AJ B. (GM): (no worries)
Ambrose Betamax: (I think he will name his bat friend Flappy.)
AJ B. (GM): (been a really fun night)
Bharat: (I feel bad I wasted all this time on silly stuff)
Zea: (But.. It was FUN!)
And sorry for being a jerk and pataffing the crap outta the lizard.
Melo’s a law man, and he’s not about to jepordize that by letting someone go that he’s apprehended.
Matt S.: Oh, he will have words with you later. And by words, I think that means fists
AJ B. (GM): (Its a game about a deer man, a cyborg dinosaur, a soldier out of time, and an Atlantean covered in magic tattoos, I think silly may be inherent at this poitn)
P.O.M: (Hoi Hoi is probably old enough to remember what VHS is…)
(We are probably the most unlikely group of adventurers thrown together…)
Matt S.: (Which of course means we’re going to revolutionize the world)
Zea: (Melo has been doing that, slowly but surely..! Or at least, trying to)
Matt S.: It’s simple math, the more unlikely the group, the more they do
Zea: (To GM) rolling 7d4
(
2
+
3
+
2
+
1
+
2
+
2
+
3
)
= 15

Chapter 15 The battle cry of Chaos--A Hoi

Elevators are Scary! StrykerC