Chapter 12 What IS a Bandit

Charlie carries Ambrose and follows Melo.
AJ B. (GM): As you enter the guard room she stops the three of you.
Valerie Zemon: “You know, its generally expected that working on computers is a pain, but why is he out cold?” points to Ambrose.

Melo glanced at the deer, “Narcolepsy, unfortunately.” Nope, no hesitation,
Ambrose Betamax: “flb.”
Valerie Zemon: “One of your consultants is a narcoleptic who made it all the way down here on his own two feet?”
Melo: “Yeah. Tends to happen when he sits still for too long. If he keeps moving, tends to happen far less frequently.” A shrug. “Other reason why he’s one of my consultants. I gotta make sure he stays safe.”

Valerie Zemon studies you staring into your “eyes” and after a while curses about cyborgs and hard to read machines. “Alright fine, head out, let the tech know what still needs to be done and when you’ll be back.” she opens the door leading to the hallway.
Melo: “Thank ya kindly. At this point, things should clear themselves out.” He’d even hold out a hand, “Thank you for your service and for keeping the city safe. It appreciates it.” A jerk of his head was given over his shoulder at the door. And then he’d lead the dog- and deer-bee out.
AJ B. (GM): As you head down the hall and pass the door to the techs room the one from earlier chuckles “So how many more years to fix it?”

Melo responds casually, “Should be good in now, actually. Like I said, I just needed access to the core systems.” A shrug. “I’ll be here whenever I’m needed. For now, you might want to start prepping for a backup.”
AJ B. (GM): He looks at you and hops down in a chair and begins running every diagnostic he can think of while muttering “No fucking way.”

Melo adds, “And would’ja mind if I were to come down to help out? I wanna learn a bit more about how its done, if it’d be within protocol? I’m sure there’s still quite a few things I could learn from you ’n your team.”
AJ B. (GM): As he goes through the checks he nods and mumbles. “Yeah, umm I’ll make sure you have access. I don’t know why you’re working as a contractor if you can pull off this kind of miracle though.”
Melo: “Freedom, mostly. I go where I’m needed, when I’m needed. ‘Sides, they can let a contractor go when the job is done, not have to keep ’em on staff for standard maintenance. You guys’re honestly great at that; keeping me on staff says they plan to have things catastrophically explode. Having you on staff says they know you can keep things running smoothly and prevent it from exploding. For now though, I gotta get m’partners back home. He’s plum tuckered out. Have a good night Boss.” Friendly chap, mmhmm.
AJ B. (GM): As you guys are in the elevator Ambrose wakes up.
Ambrose Betamax: “smerglewa HAAA ELEVATOR OH GOD
spooks

Charlie tries to keep Ambrose on his shoulder. “Easy, deer-fella. We’re going home now.”
Ambrose Betamax: “where’s my mirror ;o;”
Melo: “Safe, don’t worry.” He didn’t at all say where, though.
Ambrose Betamax: rolling 1d20 + -1
(
18
)+-1
= 17
(that for spooking)
AJ B. (GM): As you guys head out of the building you notice things are slowly getting back to a normal working procedure, though a few people are still being kept tied up.

Ambrose Betamax hangs on, but is shaken.
Ambrose Betamax: “guys, I really need that mirror.”
Melo: “Hey folks. They’ve got my contact down stairs. Should be ok going forward.” He’d even return the clipboards and pens, sans the papers that had been used… And a few that hadn’t. “You’ll be alright Ambrose.”
Ambrose Betamax: “but my eyes hurt.”
AJ B. (GM): The woman who gave them to you thanks you as you head out and checks the computers. “We’ll wait for the psych professionals to come before we untie them though. I dont think they are overly stable.”
Melo: “Good plan. Tell [Cactus Drink man’s name here] I said hi for me.” And he’d hurry Ambrose out, “And yeah, you look at something too long, too hard, it’ll do that.”

Ambrose Betamax is shaking a bit.
Ambrose Betamax: “it was the right thing right? to make sure he can’t hurt us?”

Ambrose Betamax starts fumbling in his things, looking for the mirror.
Melo: “I.. Don’t know Ambrose. I don’t know. I’m not sure how to fix it this time, Deer-boy.” And he’d try and nudge the two along, and towards the APC, glancing back at the door of the building for a moment before shaking his head some to clear it. “C’mon, lets get’cha home.”
AJ B. (GM): You all climb into the APC and head off.

Ambrose Betamax lies face down in the apc groaning.

Melo drives along the roads, casually, with what amounts to a monster truck of sorts, glancing at the rear-view cameras on the HUD now and again. “Hey Charlie, he gonna be alright? I’m good at blowing shit up, not at fixing his head.”

Ambrose Betamax looks into the nearest reflective surface.

Melo doesn’t think there’re too many of those an an urban camo painted APC. Windows, maybe.
Ambrose Betamax: rolling 1d20 + -1
(
17
)+-1
= 16

Ambrose Betamax ’s fur loses most of its color.

Charlie shrugs. “I think he’ll be okay. We need to solve this bracelet issue soon. Can’t have this happening while we deal with other things.”

Ambrose Betamax never wants to see a reflection again ;o;

Melo continues to drive, mind racing, still full of just what he’d picked up from the AI, worry for the Deer, and regular checking in the review camera on the drive back to the outskirts of town. “Yeah.. Guessing I shouldn’t ask what the plan is, eh?”

Ambrose Betamax shuts his eyes and tries to calm down.
AJ B. (GM): After a little while you return to the house to find Leah rolling around on the living room floor tugging at the back of her neck and cussing up a storm.

Melo would be trying to shoulder-support-carry Ambrose in as needed. And then that sight. “…Nope. Not in the mood. Don’t have time for this.” And then to Vault, “Make sure she’s not dieing. Charlie, lets get Ambrose taken care of.” He’d likely hit the remote lock on the APC for a second time once inside, and lock the front door behind him.

Ambrose Betamax groans, pretty much unaware of anything going on around him.
(From Vault): (After a few minutes) “It appears the sticky paper she requested does not come off.”

Charlie follows Melo, looking for a place to set the deer down. He wanted to talk with just the Peacekeeper and out of earshot of Dr. Badjoke. if he could.

Melo likely would be dumping Ambrose in the deer’s room. “Stay here. Try and relax. We’re going to get you help, but you gotta stay put, alright?”

Ambrose Betamax stays put, and keeps his eyes closed. no chancing reflective objects for him.

Melo would then lead Charlie down to the other side of the house, to the kitchen, safely out of ear shot. Why so far away? Because he’d be making himself a pot of coffee.
Ambrose Betamax: Damn kid can’t even handle a mild hallucination.
Melo: “Vault, get some warm water with soap, a wash cloth, and a pair of scissors. Apply it to the paper, soak it for a while, see if that helps loosen the glue. Failing that, we’re gonna give her a bald patch.” Words came as he was walking with Charlie. “So, what’s the plan?” Man.. its gotta be weird the way he just talks to the robot when the robot is nowhere to be seen like that.
(From AJ B. (GM)): As you walk you keep catching glimpses of someone or something in the windows but its gone whenever you look directly.

Charlie scratched the back of his head. “Well. I have a trance spell that’ll put me out like I’m dead. I’ll take the bracelet, and throw myself into a trance. Unless the bracelet detects magic induced deathlike comas it should work, returning it to it’s unowned state. I think.”
Melo: “…And if it doesn’t work? Fuck man, what’s a good joke?” Coffee set to percolating, he’d be glancing at windows now and again, “And when that’s done, do a close sweep of the house.”
(Teeeeeeeeeea…. Who wants a cup?)
Charlie: “If it doesn’t work I have to live with that guy in my head until we can figure something else out. There might be someone in my neck of the woods that can despell that thing. We need to keep that whole place from being blown up though.” A close sweep sounds rather intense. Was Melo paranoid their cover would be blown?
(From Vault): “Commander, The house is clear.”
(From Vault): “Also, there was no change in the glue and shaving does not appear effective. A detailed examination shows the paper to be bonded on the molecular level.”

Melo was o’corse talking to the robot. But such things were hard to tell at times the way he worked. “Yeah.. The issue there is currently, he’s bound to a whimpering, somewhat combat inept deer who generally lacks the ability to blow us up with his brain. If Plan A doesn’t work, you’re then fighting with a psycopath who knows how to use magic, and has been alive for at least 200 years.” Soon enough, coffee. “Good. And.. fuck. Fuck fuck fuck.” A sigh, and a hand lifted up to rub along the underside of those implants in his face. “Well.. It’ll wear off, or it won’t. Live and learn. Standard guard duty and patrol outside, if you’d be so kind.” And then a sip of coffee, a glance out a window, and back to the dog, “So. We doing this here, or we wanna take him down town to see if we have someone else we can use to keep you in check when we try it? I’d rather not blow holes in your head if I can avoid it, y’know. And I still need a good joke.”
Ambrose Betamax: (as for the joke, someday a chicken will be able to cross the road without its motives being questioned. I dream of that day…"
Vault: (hmm wonder if Charlie would like the joke from Up)

Charlie watches Melo make his coffee, tapping his chin in thought. “I’d rather do this now than wait for later when it would be a worse situation. Besides. let’s just pull a Leah and ask your oven for a drink to make me dead for five minutes if this does n’t work.”
Charlie: (I’m wondering how fantastical we can get with that oven. Like, asking it for a drink to teach me magic spells. > A> )
Ambrose Betamax: (I wonder if it can produce living healthy pets :P)

Melo blinks. Again, one can’t see the blink, but the look on his face clearly said that he was blinking. Three times, at least. Another sip of his coffee. “Lets not. She’s asked it for two things. So far, she’s been hit by at least one car and has several broken ribs, and now has some paper bonded to her skin on a molecular level. Think of it like a D’jinn. We once asked it for a screwdriver, and it came with a singing gummy worm at the bottom. I’d really like to not chance fate.”
Ambrose Betamax: (the crash bonded to her? maybe its a perma one in which case she’s just become a juicer pretty much)

Melo just.. kinda has some odd ju-ju going to know this off hand. He’d suddenly turn his head to glance out a window, then back to the dog. “So. Right. Joke so I know its you. Good one. And what’ll I need to do to make sure you’re properly bound up?”
Charlie: (only if it’s considered food, which might be based on the person’s )
(intent)
Ambrose Betamax: (don’t ask it for pixie sticks. It’ll look like beef jerky cept its made from pixies.)
Melo: (Oh god burning tea up the nose)
AJ B. (GM): (Roflmao)
Melo: (Koala treats, anyone?)
Ambrose Betamax: (those poor shrodingers koalas)

Charlie nods. “I suppose so. Good luck keeping me tied down though.” He flexed jokingly. “Hey are you okay? You look paranoid.”
Melo: “Yeah, I’m fine. I do?” Another hesitation where he was likely blinking. Woo non-externally viewable blink-script! “Yeah.. How many fingers do you have?”

Charlie raised an eyebrow. “Two.” He flipped double birds, wondering if Melo’s sense of humor was still intact or if the trip from the computer screwed with his brain too. Was he and vault the only sane ones left in this world?

Melo laughs. “Yeah, yeah. No, seriously. How many fingers you have?”

Melo adds, “Got an idea of how to properly let me know its you. Can you count? Got some basic math I wanna teach ya.”

Charlie oooohs at the idea. “Yeah. I got 10 fingers.” He wanted to see where this was going.

Melo nods. “When I ask you six times what is 42, I want you to show me all but one of ’em. Easy ’nuff, yeah?”

Charlie nods. “Yeah, I got it.” Hopefully this Morty guy won’t be able to poke through his dog brains for the answer.
Melo: “Good. Now, so that you know: Six times seven is 42.”

Melo adds, “C’mon. Lets go take care of the deer. I’m.. still at a loss as to what to do about him… God he’s an idiot.”

Charlie follows, nodding in agreement. Though it seems despite the troubles Melo liked him enough to save the deer’s butt many times.

Ambrose Betamax resists the urge to not stay put
AJ B. (GM): As you guys get up to the room you see Ambrose curled up on the bed keeping his eyes shut.
Ambrose Betamax: “Hi, good news he left I’m fine now.”
“he’s lying
“he wants me to go into the basement :/”
“I’ll prove I’m me, ask me something only I would know.”
“oh god, this guy”

Melo gets the duct-tape ready. “Vault. Ambrose’s room, if you’d please. Bring a muzzle.”
Charlie: “Hey, Ambrose, when is your birthday and who’s your favorite wolf?”
Ambrose Betamax: “i’m starting to vote for the killing me for a bit.”
(ambrose uh doesnt actually know his birthday, But your his favorite wolf :P)

Vault Arrives in the room with a muzzle. “Here you are commander.”
Melo: “Yeah, sorry boss, I’m fresh out of resurrections.” He’d take the muzzle, then nod at Charlie. “God this is a bad idea.”

Ambrose Betamax recites a random date and says “You of course Chuck.”

Charlie laughs. “I dunno, Melo. It sounds like he’s okay to me.”
Ambrose Betamax: “my god, you call people chuck? you suck at makeup AND names.”
Melo: “Mm.. Yeah. Yer right. He’s quite sane in there.”
Charlie: “Let me know when we’re ready.”

Melo nods. “Go for it, and do it quick.”

Melo pauses, “But first, wrap something around the bracelet.”
Ambrose Betamax: “Oh thats rich, Im crazy, this from the man who thought human eyes were to passe”
“better than thinking black eyeshadow was acceptable. besides I think those are sunglasses.”

Melo mmhmms. “Quite passe.”
Ambrose Betamax: “Wait what did you mean by go for it?”
“I’m sure it meant nothing, no worries.”
Melo: “So. I’ve got an order in for a hamster. Guy at the pet shop had one. Some cat had gotten ahold of it, ‘n wrecked its legs. Guy’s kinda a nut, nursed it back to health. ’S got a pair of robotic legs now, and a tiny cybernetic eye. Did you know they make ’em that small?”

Melo prattles on, quite happy to distract the deer and the madman, “Have to wonder just what goes on in that thing’s tiny little brain.”
Ambrose Betamax: “Actually I did, but unless you taught it to talk I doubt you’re getting me attached to it.”
Melo: “Mmhmm. You sir, just failed the test.”
Ambrose Betamax: “Damn it, I really do need to learn when to shut up. Think the robot can teach me?”
“yay! I, the real Ambrose, would have just thought that was awesome and would want it as a pet. Hey, can I have robohamster?”

Melo nods. “Test number two, failed.”
Ambrose Betamax: “wat, why wouldnt I want a robohamster….”
“Aww screw it. How about a bribe. What do you want? I can get it for you I bet.”

Charlie touches the bracelet and mutters the words to transfer Morty to himself.

Melo laughs. “A non-neurotic, non-possessed deer friend of mine. Or I can just leave him comatose, ’n leave you trapped in there.”
Ambrose Betamax: “he wants his friendly awesome deer back you big fashion idiot….”
AJ B. (GM): As soon as you speak the words the charm shifts from Antlers to a bone and is on Charlie’s wrist."

Ambrose Betamax shudders for a moment "whoa, he’s gone…
Ambrose Betamax: “Werent you going to kill me then bring me back?”
(ambrose didnt know about the plan either :P)

Charlie bristles! Quickly he tries to cast the Death Trance spell, not even bothering to see what his charm looked like, hoping Morty wasn’t familiar with this trick as well.

Melo already has his attention on Charlie, neural dagger in his boot sheath though quite at the ready. He was just as much waiting for Charlie to fall over in a heap as anything.

Ambrose Betamax seems much more calm, but still keeping his eyes closed. Something might be reflective D:

Ambrose Betamax decides the best thing he can do to avoid reflections and enjoy the now quiet in his head, is take a nap. So he does :P

Charlie casts the spell successfully and knocks out. Of course he forgot to mention how long he’d be out.
Charlie: Also he was standing. That was probably a bad idea.

Melo didn’t care; already he was leaping forward, muzzle in hand, to try and wrap it around the wolf’s snout. “He’s gonna fucking kill me for this.” And duct tape would be next, around wrists, and another around ankles. “Start a timer.”

Vault begins timing.

Ambrose Betamax snores.
AJ B. (GM): (btw Charlie you did wrap something around the bracelet right?)
Charlie: (nope! Forgot to mention doing that.)
AJ B. (GM): (lol awesome the two people who can easily contact this thing are going to be out of comission.)
Vault: “5 minutes” as he says that the bone turns from gold to silver.
Ambrose Betamax: (well you can wake ambrose up tho)
(or you can just shake it off his arm)
(or get leah)

Melo would have been checking the room in those few minutes he had for something he could put the charm in. A bag, a sack, a string to loop it around. Hopefully he’d found something. If not in the room, the house. He had 5 minutes, after all. Kitchen likely had one. In short order, he’d be trying to put the dog’s wrists into it and carefully slide the bracelet off into it. He may not be able to see it, but he’s able to feel it through a layer or two of bag.
Ambrose Betamax: (and then we can dig a deep hole and bury it :P)

Melo has too much to study in that bracelet to just bury it!
Ambrose Betamax: (It’ll be hard to study it when you cant see it D:
Charlie: (Technically he can see it, its just in the wrong spot when he does)
(I don’t really have anything more to techincally say or do XD )
Ambrose Betamax: (guys, I’m sorry but, I had thought red was leaving early and had taken a sleeping pill before finding out he’d cancelled. Can Ambrose be asleep for the duration, so everyone else can keep playing?)
AJ B. (GM): Melo is able to get the bracelet off and into the bag without any real problems.
(sure no worries if thats what you need Blind.)
Ambrose Betamax: (sorry all :()
Melo: (No need to apologize!)
Ambrose Betamax: (was just bad timing, I literally found out like 3 seconds after I took the thing :P
AJ B. (GM): (yeah no worries. We’re all still catching up from the holidays anyhow so this wont likely be a majorly late one, especially since Red has a meeting in an hour ish)
Ambrose Betamax: (oki^^) (thanks for your understanding, And I hope everyone has a great night
AJ B. (GM): (Rest well, and you do the same)

Melo wraps the bracelet up good and securely in the bag. Then in another. And then a box. On said box, he’d draw an open box, with a circle with a line through it, and a doodle of a ghost attacking a brain above it. And beneath that? ‘Do not open, entity capable of possession inside’ would be written, in English, Elvish, and Euro.
AJ B. (GM): (Damn, going to be very thorough about that huh?)

Melo doesn’t screw around with his warning labels. He’s lived with Ambrose for a good while.

Melo after that, would likely wait for Charlie to wake up from being dead. Hopefully.
Charlie: (Can vault translate it into other languages too?)
Melo: (Very likely, but the primary 3 are good for now)
Vault: “Commander, would you like me to remove the box to somewhere?”

Melo thought about it for a long moment. “Hangar. Should be a lead box in there somewhere. Put it in there, and lock it if you could.”

Vault takes the box and heads out to the hangar to do so.
AJ B. (GM): (Charlie you would have felt some jostling from your arm being moved and then the normal stillness as well as the presence leaving your mind)

Melo still has Charlie bound and muzzled, but that’s because, same as the box, he’s not about to chance it when dealing with a supernatural power he hasn’t disassembled yet.

Charlie stirs awake after dispelling the magical slumber. He wanted to make a joke about Melo being the prince to wake him ala sleeping beauty but his jaw wouldn’t budge, and his wrists were uncomfortable! He whined. This was like that really bad trip he had.

Melo would soon enough be found in the dog-beast’s vision. “Hey. You awake in there?” A response, and then, “Good. Simple math problem for you, wanna make sure your head is clear. What times six is 42?”

Charlie wiggles 7 fingers around.
Melo: “Right. We’ve got ourselves a bit of a quandary here. Mostly, in that you’re big ’n heavy.” He’d rise up with a sigh, and check the duct-tape bound dog-thing’s wrists, even as he was whispering under his breath.
(To GM): Woo Forcebonds!
AJ B. (GM): (I think Charlie may have spaced the instructions there lol)

Charlie furrows his eyebrows. “Qrrrrrndry???”

Melo nods. “Yeah. Wrong answer, and I’m dealing with shit I don’t have a good grasp on. When that happens, I take one of two paths. I can either A) Shoot at it until its no longer a problem, or B) I can try and understand it, and then deal with it without resorting to option A. I failed to ask who I should be talking to down town when things don’t work out, so that’s gonna make option B a touch more difficult. And as far as the heavy comment, I just mean I can’t lift you. Vault.” He’d turn away from the dog, one of the main signals he was addressing the not-presently-there-robot, “Come on up. Going to need you to load Charlie into the truck. We’ve got a problem.” Granted, was that bracelet there?

Charlie gave Melo the double birds hoping that’d be enough.
AJ B. (GM): (Bracelet is nowhere in sight) Vault returns and lifts Charlie up. “Do you require he be moved farther then the truck Commander?”

Melo headshakes. “Passenger seat. After that, get comfortable. Want you with me. We’ll leave Leah to guard Ambrose. We’re headed to the M-Quarter to see if I can put down a revolution before it starts.”
AJ B. (GM): Vault nods and takes Charlie to the passenger seat. Leah has given up on removing the paper and is now just cussing every so often. When she sees you. “Umm hey can I borrow that oven again?”
Melo: “No. Ambrose is asleep and paranoid. Don’t let him die.” And out he’d go. Into the APC, fire it up, and drive off, before Leah could protest.

Melo is kinda a dick.
Vault: “Commander, I am required to ask. Won’t having a tied up resident of the M-quarter insight hostility or is Mr. Charlie on bad terms with his neighbors?”

Melo nods. “Very likely will. Take ‘em in back so he’s out of sight. I need to find the Tall Man.” He Did get an address at some point, right?
Vault: (yep)

Melo would be headed there, in such case, pausing as needed to try and re-bind the hulking dog beast. How far away is the place?
AJ B. (GM): After a little while of driving you arrive at the address. You notice it is a bit less hospitable then you’d expect from his house. Now having a random painful looking junk scattered about the yard and some rusty sheet metal propped in front of the door blocking the view of it.

Charlie ‘s nose itches
Melo: "Keep an eye on him. Full sensor sweep. These’re civies, non-hostiles unless they clearly make an attempt to attack first, but warn of any bogies coming in if you can. Non-lethal force authorized only." And out he’d go, to knock at the Tall Man’s door, glancing around somewhat worriedly.. But this is normal. It’s the middle of the night, he’s in military hardware, in an area that’s unfriendly to humans. O’corse someone is going to have their eyes on him.
AJ B. (GM): Vault “Acknowledged Commander.”

Melo also is mostly unarmed. Sidearm and his daggers.
AJ B. (GM): As you knock someone yells out “Look I did the work now I just want to sleep damnit”
Melo: “Whatever work you did, I’m not here to bug you about that. I’m here because I need help on more fronts than I can face on my own. We spoke the week, during the protest. My friend did most of the talking.”
AJ B. (GM): There is mumbling from inside before the tall man opens the door “Hmm, I remember the face but not the name. Still you probably arent here to tell me to try and recruit more violent psychos so I suppose you can come in.”
Melo: “Thank you. I appreciate the hospitality. Sorry for having to bug you in the middle of the night, but I’ve got a bit of a situation on my hands that I’d much rather not shoot my way out of.” He’d walk in, glancing around. “Business first though. Bad news is I couldn’t get them to approve power for at least one medical facility. Good news is that the permits’re signed, city inspecter’s’ll be out to oversee the restoration of power to the quadrant likely tomorrow. We’ll need the citizens to do most of the work, though.” Yep, he said citizens. “Now, who’s good with exorcisms? I’ve got a possibly man-man possessed friend in the truck, and I need him checked out before I’m going to take off his muzzle.”
AJ B. (GM): “Hmm, well unfortunately thats kind of a touchy subject. After all being able to deal with possession isn’t the most legal thing. Most keep it to themselves if they know anything about it. Though hmm, how urgent is the problem?”

Melo nods understandingly. “Well, if m’friend is in his right mind, the longer I keep him strapped in there, the more likely he is to rip out my spleen when I let him go over a misunderstanding. If m’friend isn’t in his right mind, the harder its going to be to get the madman out of his brain. So I’d like to consider it a tad on the urgent side. As far as the legality goes..” A shrug. “I’m a peacekeeper. Shooting someone who’s trying to help someone isn’t keeping the peace, its inciting a riot. I keep the peace first, deal with the black and white of the law second.”
AJ B. (GM): “Alright but she isnt pleasant when she has had her normal 20 hours of sleep. Her name is Corona, do not tell her I sent you or that you even know who I am. Head down the street, next right, two houses in on your left.”
Charlie: (you are gonna waste this lady’s time haha)
AJ B. (GM): (We need to call it so you can make your meeting Red?)
Charlie: (I dunno, no one’s called me yet)
Melo: “Understood. I appreciate the help. Spread the word though about the power, would’ja? I’m not sure what to do about the upcoming rebellion, but..” A shrug. “I’ve done what I can. I’m a man of my word, for what my word is worth. Hopefully I’ve shown its worth something. Stay safe out here, and hopefully the rest of your night is uninterrupted.” A handshake would be offered for a moment before he’d turn to head out to the APC, glancing around in the darkness amid the houses. After all, no street lights does make for a dark living area.. Good news is, he’s got night vision. And thermal. And IR. Too bad these aren’t the Mantis Shrimp variants of bionics.
AJ B. (GM): He nods and shakes your hand, “Good luck with your friend. This should at least set things back some.”

Melo soon enough would have fired up the APC and headed where directed, after checking out Charlie. “Sorry ‘bout this boss, but you can’t be too sure.” He’d again check for that bracelet, just in case, before slipping on out to go a-knocking. And brace for the worst.
AJ B. (GM): No bracelet and you hear a loud thud before the door opens and a lizardwoman opens it wearing nothing and baring her teeth “Do you have ANY idea what Time it is?”
Melo: “Yes ma’am, I do. I’m ‘tween a rock and a hard place, and I’ve got a friend of mine who’ll gut me if I’m wrong and let this wait ‘tell morning, and might be too far gone if I’m right and let this wait ’tell morning. Was told you might be able to assist with possessions.”
AJ B. (GM): “Mmm, wouldn’t know a thing about that, highly illegal to be knowing more then the basics after all.”

Melo nods in agreement. “Quite true on that front. Even then, if you know a bit about it, you might know more than me. I’m happy to wait in the truck if you’d be willing to look at the friend of mine I’ve currently got bound and gagged though. I don’t need to see or know nothing about what happens once I take him outta m’PC, just need to know if I need to keep figuring out a way to get him back in his right mind, or if there’s only him in there and need to try and get a head start.” Well, he at least looked honest.
AJ B. (GM): She looks at you carefully. “You stink of government.” Then turns away but leaves the door open.
Melo: “Vault, would you be kind enough to bring Charlie out, and into this residence, and then return to the APC?”

Melo would already be moving to get back into the APC after his request, spoken in front of the door and in clear auditory range.
AJ B. (GM): Vault does so and sets Charlie down on the couch when she indicates before coming back out.

Melo waits in the truck, as he said he would, even if he is damned curious.

Melo is also semi-sure that the duct-tape currently showing clear signs of magic being used on it might be another good idea of what side of the law he was on.
(From AJ B. (GM)): you see Charlie walking out of her door without any problems or bindings on him and the door closing behind him.
Charlie: (brb)

Melo simply opens the passenger door, waits for Charlie to get in, close the door, THEN state flatly. “Nine fingers. I said nine.”

Melo also knows he totally wrong at this point, with how fast that went. Presumably.
Charlie: (back)
Melo: (Welcome back)

Charlie gets into the passenger’s side. He felt tired, it was a long day. “10, 9, 6, 7. I doesn’t matter, even if I was possessed it’d be done now. Also the lady said you were very polite.”

Melo chuckles. “Yeah.. I try. She wanted to rip my head off and spit down my throat, didn’t she? Your place alright, or you wanna crash at mine? I’m sure we’ve got an extra room.” He’d even be kind enough to not turn on the APC’s headlights until they were pointed well away from the lizard-woman’s residence.
Charlie: “I hate to be a bother but I don’t know if staying at my place is safe anymore. I’m not anyone’s best friend right now.”
Melo: “Eh. You’ve at least got me ’n the bot to cover your back. Want to clear out ’n grab the truck then?”

Charlie agreed to this. There was some stuff he’d not like lying around for someone to find.
Charlie: (I’m pretty tired guys)
Melo: (I’m cool with calling it here)
(Note to self: Confirm when incorrect signals are given first. nod)
AJ B. (GM): (Sounds good to me)
Zea: Today is Sunday, December 28th, 2014. EXP is about to be given.
AJ B. (GM): Exp for the night. 200 base. An extra 50 for Ambrose for resisting his usual impulses. an extra 100 to Charlie for potential self sacrifice. 75 for Melo for making sure everyone comes out of their mad plans alive.
Zea: Fun was had tonight. Thanks for running this.
Charlie: gg, another day of not managing to get myself killed lol
Zea: haha
Sorry for totally ninjaing tonight’s spotlight
AJ B. (GM): Was a lot of fun tonight.
Charlie: I leveled up
what do, now?
Zea: Click the drop down menu on the far left to indicate your next level thing
And select LLW unless you’d like to branch out
This brings you to level 3 or 4 of LLW?
Charlie: I dunno what I’d branch out to though
I’m lvl 2 in LLW
I should save that for another day
I’m pretty tired
Zea: That works
Sleep well, yeah?
AJ B. (GM): yeah, wait til you arent tired
though branching out may remove free spells so keep that in mind.
Charlie: oh dang. I like my free spells
Zea: (To GM) rolling 1d100
(
29
)
= 29
(To GM): Physical. Likely a junk bonus, but here’s hoping for awesomeness.
Zea: (To GM) rolling 1d100
(
78
)
= 78
(To GM): Hell. Fucking. Yeah.
(To GM): just for record’s sake: Woo, trained marksman.
Jena C.: rolling 1d100
(
47
)
= 47
Jacob R.: rolling 1d100
(
83
)
= 83
rolling 1d100
(
35
)
= 35
rolling 1d100
(
16
)
= 16
AJ B. (GM): Recap Theatre time. Our heroes having succeeded at removing the Bracelet of possession and found that Charlie was ok along with scheduling maintenance and pusing back a reblellion by the D-bees of the M quarter have returned home for some much needed rest. (Current date in game, August 14th.)

Ambrose Betamax wonders how our heroes managed that in one day

Melo sleeps. Because he’s human, and he’s tired after a week of driving and the long hours spent with the AI, not to mention the brain frying experience he had the night before. He might even let himself sleep in, if no alarms wake him. …fuck.

Ambrose Betamax , after melo falls asleep, decides to fulfill his promise to the bartender, and gets into bed with him disquised as her.
(From AJ B. (GM)): As you rest your own mind reasserts itself over the flood of information, removing most of it as it goes, during this time you dream of your days in boot camp, of learning to shoot. The dreams are so vivid and accurate that you would swear that training had just finishes yesterday. (Add your special bonus when you wish)
Melo: (I am face palming, so hard)
Ambrose Betamax: “hey baby, was it good for you?”
AJ B. (GM): (lol thankfully he has had an exhausting enough day that even his training doesnt allow him to register your entry to his bed so you arent about to be shot, yet…)

Melo Sleeps through it. He’s out, hard. Lets go with that, it results in less bullet holes and stab wounds in people.
Ambrose Betamax: (lol)
(I guess we should skip to whenever everyone wakes up?)
Melo: (Yeah. Morning is good)

Melo wakes! At like.. 10 am. Because fuck it, he’s tired and wants a full night’s rest.
AJ B. (GM): (not yet, got a few things that need to be resolved in the night)
(but first I am waiting on an answer)

Melo will simply be out cold, in such case. Sleep is good.
Ambrose Betamax: (I assume stuff is happening in whispers?)
AJ B. (GM): (alright skipping to morning it seems) Melo, you awake to an electric pink 8 armed, two headed woman lying next to you in bed.
Ambrose Betamax: “good morning stud…”

Melo rouses slowly. That light teal LED of his eyes would even flicker on, register breeifly, and then “WHAT THE FUCK?!” would follow by some scrambling and a knife grabbed from.. Just where DID he keep that knife? Likely the night stand, “Who are you, and why the fuck are you in my room?”
AJ B. (GM): Also you can hear a cat scratching at a door down the hall. Charlie, the scratching sound is directly on the other side of your door.

Ambrose Betamax undisquises. “bwahahahahahaha!”
Jena C.: (that is horrifying)

Melo is clearly trying so very, very hard not to stab the deer. “Out. Now.”
Ambrose Betamax: “Alright fine fine…Was just doing what the bartender lady asked me to do….”

Ambrose Betamax leaves, snickering.
Ambrose Betamax: (just ambroses little revenge for all the demon killing :P)

Charlie wiggles his fingers under the door gap at the cat playfully.
Charlie: (I do this with my cat all the time)

Melo is just.. Going to let it go. The deer is a friend, he can get away with that sort of stuff now and then. That isn’t going to stop him from needing to plan some harmless revenge, but that’s beside the point. For now, shower! And then, breakfast.
AJ B. (GM): The cat attempts to attack your fingers and pushes one full leg under the door
Ambrose Betamax: (oh dear, a prank war)
AJ B. (GM): As you head down you see the cat attacking Charlie’s door and being taunted by wolf fingers poking out from under it

Charlie chuckles and bats lightly at the creature’s paw.. “Are you here to steal away pieces of my soul again, devil cat?”
AJ B. (GM): A tiny mewl is heard from the other side of the door.
Ambrose Betamax: (thats a yes)

Melo sooner or later would be making himself breakfast. Black coffee and an omelet or something of that nature.
Charlie: rolling d100>45
(
59
)
= 1 Successes
oops, I think I did that wrong
Should have been <

Charlie knew he’d have to open his door anyway.Hopefully he could shake the little beast off this time and avoid feeling drained before the day started.
AJ B. (GM): The cat does try to rub against your leg, but with you avoiding long term contact it eventually gives up and scampers down to the kitchen, attempting to pin itself to Melo’s leg.
Ambrose Betamax: (my cat seems to be disloyal to me :P)
Charlie: (you need a higher ppe total )

Melo is quite unaware of the cat’s wicked ways. He’s working on breakfast, after all. “Hey kitty. I’m busy.” And then, “Ambrose, come feed your cat..!” was the call, a light nudge of his leg given to try and push the cat away; more a matter of making sure he doesn’t step on the fuzz ball than anything else.
Charlie: (construct additional pylons)
AJ B. (GM): The cat hops up on the counter to sniff at the cooking.

Ambrose Betamax heads over and grabs some cat food, then brings it to her.
Charlie: “I’m surprised Melo lets you keep such a potentially dangerous creature around.” Charlie helped himself to a seat at the table, nose wiggling around for the scent of breakfast.

Melo has bacon going! Well, at least, he thinks its bacon. It was cut into thin strips and labeled as meat, so.. Yes. He’s going to presume its bacon and not question just what it is he’s mixing into an omlet that more resembled scrambled eggs then an actual omlet. Same with the cheese. “C’mon, get down. Kitties shouldn’t be on the counter, might get burned.” A hand moved to gently nudge the cat off the counter. Had Ambrose not shown up with food though, he mighta snuck the cat some bacon.
AJ B. (GM): The cat eats quickly before trying to hop into Charlie’s lap again.

Melo also, totally lacks any kind of cooking skill beyond the basics of how to cook over fire, and ‘follow the directions on the package’. Bad news: No labels on the packages. Good news: He can follow the steps on his micro-PC thing.
(From AJ B. (GM)): Out of the corner of your eye you see a shadow in one of the kitchen window.

Melo also glances at one of the windows sharply, then back to what he’s doing.

Charlie tries to hang the kitten off Ambrose’s antlers. “It’s cute but I think I’m allergic to it.” Perhaps this was a case of ‘lesser evil" There may have been more dangerous pets that Ambrose has tried to keep and perhaps this was the less of them? “Melo, was there a plan for stopping the little rebellion?”
(From AJ B. (GM)): as soon as you turn the shadow seems to duck below visual range
AJ B. (GM): The cat stays in Ambrose’s antlers purring as it watches the activity in the kitchen.

Melo sighs at the question, plating up some of those eggs for himself, and another for Charlie. Ambrose was on his own with the leafy stuff. “Vault. Close sweep the house.” And then a seat. “I still need to see about making sure they don’t murder the guy that’s gonna go try and get power reconnected to the quarter. Might be good to have you come along. Still need to pack up your stuff too, don’t we? And.. Shit man, when’s that party thing? I know we’ve got a few more things to pick up.”
Ambrose Betamax: (lol, you have no idea charlie)
AJ B. (GM): (is 9 days until the party)
Once Melo sits down the cat hops onto the table and walks across it trying to get into Melo’s lap.
Charlie: (haha I figured as much)

Charlie holds up 9 fingers, a bit of a jab at the earlier mix up. “This many.”

Melo gahs at the cat. “Bah. Off the table. Couches’n stuff’re fine, but no counters, and no tables.” He’d even lightly tap the cat’s nose before nudging her off the table, or failing that, simply picking her up and setting her down. And then a shrug, “Alright. So, two days out for the swamps and a week for the bikers.. Fuck.” Another gentle shove given at the cat, “Not when I’m eating.”

Ambrose Betamax puts Shrodinger back in his antlers.
Charlie: “I’m not so sure the party is all that important if we need to be squashing a potentially fatal rebellion.”

Charlie gobbled up what was put in front of him. “Afterall, getting caught up with peacekeeping work or being stuck in the center of a d-bee war is a good enough excuse to be a bit behind on schedule.”
AJ B. (GM): Shrodinger stays in Ambrose’s antlers this time and does his best cat glare at Charlie and Melo.
Ambrose Betamax: (He;s stealing your soooouls

Melo nods. “Yeah, but pissing off the administrators is never a good idea. The rebellion shouldn’t be as hard, considering they’re getting their demands met, before they made ‘em. I need to help with the core’s backup, too.” And yep, he was enjoying food, even if it wasn’t all that great, quality wise. He’s not a fantastic cook, after all. Though soon enough, food was done, and he’d step behind the deer to pet the cat, make a ‘shh’ gesture at Charlie, and sneak the cat a small bit of bacon.
Charlie: “Your cat is still hungry.” the wolf beast says to Ambrose. Please say the deer wasn’t ignorant of what his ‘pets’ were capable of? Then again, this was Ambrose.
(From Vault): Close sweep complete, nothing unusual commander. However there is a female at the gate.

Charlie ‘s tail wags. Perhaps if he were less horrfying and more fluffy/cute Melo would sneak him bacon as well.
Shrodinger Attempts to climb down from the antlers onto Melo’s shoulder

Ambrose Betamax feeds the cat some more, just in case.
Melo: “Physical Description, and do we know her?” Yep, he was being odd again. As for the cat? He might try and scritchpet the critter, “Sorry kitty, duty calls. Charlie, could you take care of the dishes?” And up stairs he’d go, to get his body armor and gear.
Ambrose Betamax: "haha you have to do dishes! 8runs away*

Charlie ’s ears swiveled. “Know who? Oh.” Dish duty bleh. “Ambrose, dishes are pretty fun you shou— damn.”
(From Vault): “Believe her designation was Adrena. This is based solely on extrapolation and no direct knowledge however. Two headed, pink, and eight arms. She has indicated she was told to contact you about an arrival in the M-quarter.”
Charlie: “Vault! Uh. Command executable Dishwashing dot ee ex ee.”

Vault is nowhere to be seen at present.
Ambrose Betamax: (lol)
Shrodinger murrs pitifully and puts his face in front of ambrose balancing two paws on his nose and pouting
Ambrose Betamax: (ah trying to do the old whitewashing the fence trick)
Charlie: (I’ve used it before, it works)
Ambrose Betamax: "what, I already fed you….pets
Charlie: (strangely enough on dishes)
(To GM): “Alright. Let her in. Standard intel gathering.”
Shrodinger mreows and looks towards Charlie then looks towards the route Melo took.

Charlie begrudgingly does dishes. He tried to keep in mind Melo has been kind enough to allow him stay at his place, even though that in itself had…. issues. The wolf caught the cat’s gaze. He bristled.
AJ B. (GM): After a little bit you hear the front door open and the sound of Vault walking through it followed by someone else.

Melo would eventually be coming down the stairs, decked out in his normal attire: Who knows what kind of clothing, and a suit of black composite body armor, helmet split and attached in its normal places. “So, why was there a deer in my bed looking like you this morning?”

Ambrose Betamax snickers

Charlie is suddenly confused. This must be one of those weird things between the two of them.
AJ B. (GM): The pink woman grins. “Mostly because I wanted to know your reaction. After all you are quite cute.”
Her second head is looking around while the first talks to you, two pairs of her hands are in constant motion as if she is a bit nervous, while the other two remain still at her sides
Ambrose Betamax: “he pulled a knife.”

Melo ahs, “Had I had a knife under my pillow instead of on my nightstand, I would have stabbed him.” And into the kitchen he’d head, to get his pocket-PC. “But that’s more a reflection on his approach then you. So, who’s the new person, and why do I need to be worried about them.”
AJ B. (GM): “Hmm, that’s less then encouraging. Still if that’s what he’s into maybe I can set him up with someone.”

Charlie sits quietly at the table, trying to slurp up the last bit of bacon, avoid the cat, and try to stay as unnoticable as he could being 7 feet tall.
AJ B. (GM): “Oh no worries. I was informed you were the one who set up his visit. He says he is there to help and it had been indicated you might wish to be present during his work. I volunteered to come let you know he had arrived.”
Melo: “Ah! Yeah. Long nights have been catching up with me, and I slept in. He should be there to over-see restoring power to the M-Quarter. The Tall Man said it was a primary demand of some of the protests a few weeks ago; I got it approved about..” A moment of hesitation to glance at his forearm; more a habit then anything, considering there wasn’t a clock there, “Twelve, thirteen hours ago. Hopefully this’ll help cool some heads down there?”
AJ B. (GM): Both of her heads nod “Oh it has certainly set the schedule back a few days. They intend to wait until power is restored at the very least.”
One of her arms tries to slip around Melo’s waist. “So handsome, does that mean you have some time to spare.?” Her other head pipes in, “After all, you’d be amazed what having two heads can help with.”

Charlie hopes it helps with dishes.

Melo sighs. “Yeah. See, at this point, I’m doing what I can to make sure people’re treated fairly. If they DO decide that they need to start shooting up the place, I’ll be treating them the exact same as I’d be treating a human that decided they need to start shooting up the place.” A gloved hand would lightly move to try and disengage that limb that slid about him; he was all business at this point. “As far as free time goes, I’m booked up for the next month out.”
AJ B. (GM): One of her heads pouts and the other glares. “Well, check in when you have some free time I Might still be interested. Anyhow he’s there and said the work starts after he gathers up those he needs and lunch is done wtih. An hour tops.” She then heads out saying “Thanks for trying cutie.”
Charlie: (haha heads out)

Charlie snorted after the many limbed lady was gone. “And I thought Ambrose had eclectic taste.”

Melo sighs. “Right. Its gonna be a long week, isn’t it?” A hand lifted to rub above those eye implants, “So, you two want to come with? Figure we can get your stuff afterwards Charlie?”

Charlie nods. “I don’t think I really have a choice here. If this doesn’t get sorted out I’m going to be killed by either the rebels or the admins.”
Melo: “Right. Ambrose?” A glance given at the deer, “Vault, go prep the ’PC.”
Ambrose Betamax: “this isnt hunting is it?”
Charlie: …..
(sorry cleaning my keyboard)
Melo: “No. This is likely physical labor and riot defusion.”
Ambrose Betamax: “oh. I can do that then! I’d be great at defusing stuff!”
(lol are you sure youve thought this one through? :P)

Melo just has this odd compulsion to keep the deer in his sights, for some reason.
AJ B. (GM): (gives ambrose a high tech bomb to defuse)
Charlie: Ambrose: Can I keep it?!
Ambrose Betamax: (Oh look a big red button! push)
AJ B. (GM): Vault goes and prepares the APC, the cat seems to think its going with you guys in Ambrose’s antlers.

Ambrose Betamax wonders if bringing shrodinger is a good idea.

Melo is o’corse not going unarmed; Rifle in the truck, daggers at his boots, pistol at his hip and shoulder, knock-out-darts loaded, just in case. Paranoid much? Well, yes, but that’s beside the point. “Hey Albion, we’ll be back sooner or later. Should have some meat for you when we get back.” was called out to the house.
Charlie: (oh god not the cat)
Ambrose Betamax: “albion, would you mind taking care of Shrodinger while we’re gone?” puts shro back in da haus
Albion: “Can I eat it if it scratches me?”
Ambrose Betamax: “please don’t eat my cat ;o;”

Albion growls “Fine”
Ambrose Betamax: “you can chew on my antlers when we get baaacks ;o;”

Melo would just shake his head at such a comment before getting in the APC, putting his rifle away, and waiting for the others.
AJ B. (GM): After a bit of driving you arrive in the M-quarter to see about ten D-bees and one human standing around a card table. Standing off a ways is another group of about 15 who seem to be glaring at the humans back a few of them with hands on the hilts of weapons.

Ambrose Betamax watches all this and shudders a little.

Melo knew he’d regret this later, but he’d be leaving his helmet off, weapons holstered. “Afternoon folks!” Was the greeting as he disembarked from the APC’s mid-section. He’d actually start heading towards the card table. “Charlie, Ambrose, see to the folks that’ll likely try and kill us, would’ja? Don’t think they’ll take too kindly to me approaching.”

Ambrose Betamax heads over and talks to his fellow wierdos. “hey, we’re gonna fix stuff!”

Charlie gets ready to put his HF 13 face on if need be
AJ B. (GM): The group that looks ready for blood seems to stir at your approach and a four armed ape man a foot taller then Charlie steps to the front. “and how long is any of it going to stay fixed?”
Melo as you approach the card table, some of the d-bees shift to make room for you and you can see a map of the tunnels under the quarter laid out on the table. The man is talking and discussing who would be best where and how.
Ambrose Betamax: “uuh. Melo knows.”

Charlie assures the ape man that so long as they cooperate and keep Melo safe things will remain fixed.

Melo simply listens in, offering Vault when it comes to some of the heavy lifting, as well as his own skills as needed, trusting his companions to keep the others in check.. Or flag him down as need be.
AJ B. (GM): “The ape man looks down at Charlie. I know you, we sent Calon to you recently and he said you were, how did he put it, oh yes, ‘on the fence’, I want something clearer, are you with us, or with them?” he sneers at the humans backs.
(shift quotes to where they belong)
The man setting up the plan turns to Melo. “We’re gonna need more then your bot. Ideally everyone out here needs to help and this is done in three days. With the current group, it’ll be a month.”

Charlie snorts. “The vast majority of the humans are ignorant. Admins are more trouble than the locals. All the locals want is shelter and meat just like everyone else. I trust this guy’s method here more than brute force. It’ll save a lot of d-bee lives including your own.” a nod was given in Melo’s direction.

Melo nods. “I’ll see what I can do. Was hoping the Tall Man’d be able to get you a few more hands then this.” And to the D-Bees around, “Thank you for coming out to help, by the way.” And a glance given over at the other humanoids talking with Charlie and Ambrose, “I’ll see what I can do about getting the rest on board.” Yep, this’ll be good. On over to the other group that was out for blood. “Afternoon folks.” Hands were at ease, one lifted to offer a wave before being held out in greeting, “Melo Craft. Hopefully we can count on your help to get the quarter back up and running?”
AJ B. (GM): There is a low growl from him. “I’m sorry Charlie, I think you mistook my multiple choice question for essay. Now, A or B?” He dips his face down directly placing his nose against Charlie’s.

Charlie snuffs, hot air into king kong’s nostrils. “Didn’t know your type knew the alphabet.”
AJ B. (GM): One of the Grackle tooths in the crowd steps in front of Melo. “Stay out of this hoomin”
Charlie: o xo I’m reserving my insanity wolf face for if the gorilla makes a move other than to shake my hand)
AJ B. (GM): The gorilla mans eyes flare and two of his four hands ball into fists while the other two go to a pair of holstered knives.

Ambrose Betamax draws his weapon, just in case. keeps it lowered tho.

Melo stops on his approach, “The fixing, or the brawl?” A shrug, “Listen, I know there’s a hell of a lot of bad blood all the way around, but I’m trying to fix it. The Tall Man said power is a something everyone here wanted. Frankly, I’m looking for equality for you folks. Its gonna take a while, but this is a step, yeah?”

Charlie bristles up, floofing himself out to look as big as possible. “You sound like an admin. Are you for or against D-bees? Sounds a lot like the same shit, different fur.” The monkey seems to have hit a button.
AJ B. (GM): The Grackletooth grins “Heard that lie before.”
A few of the d-bees draw their weapons and surround Ambrose.
The Apeman bares his teeth. “They made the rules, so I have to play their game, for now.”

Charlie grins as toothily as he could muster. “what if I told you… we could rewrite those rules under the admin’s snouts?”
AJ B. (GM): The apeman steps back and looks confused. “How?”
Melo: “Don’t doubt it.” And with his sight blocked by the hulking body in front of him, he might not notice people about to gang up on his friends, “But trust has to start somewhere. So let me ask you this: What would you think would be a good step to finding you folks equality? Would going on a rampage and giving them a reason to put the quarter under martial law be a good idea? I’m here to save lives and keep the peace.”
AJ B. (GM): The Grackletooth shrugs “Talking didn’t work. Asking didn’t work. Help didn’t work. What’s different now?”

Melo offers a smile, “You’ve got me on your side.”

Charlie debristles, gald to see he’s finally got some proper attention. "The human is a lot smarter than he looks. With our help, " he gestures to ambrose and himself. “The three of us are possibly able to make some tweeks in our favor.”

Charlie knows Melo did 99% of the work, Charlie was probably mainly there to babysit Ambrose. Still, he wanted the Gorilla to think they were useful. Hopefully he wouldn’t be dumb and try to force them to do something stupid for him.
AJ B. (GM): The apeman eyes you suspiciously “Tweeks are no longer enough. We waited for tweeks that never came. We want more.”
The Grackletooth looks at Melo and points at the man at the table. “Had him too, didn’t help. Why are you different?”
Ambrose Betamax: “whoa hey hey, the guy lives with me, he can’t be that bad.”
AJ B. (GM): The D-bees surrounding Ambrose with their weapons drawn look at the company you keep then at the drawn weapon. one of them speaks “Put it away deermeat.”

Charlie understands, he’s lived the same conditions the ape had for the most part, if not worse wrestling bunnyips for stupid parties. "We don’t need to ask for tweeks and wait, we will make the changes ourselves, but we can’t do that if there’s a war. Do you need some proof? Give us a chance to explain. An audience with you, yes? " The septumbran gestures to Ambrose to put his weapon away.
Ambrose Betamax: “….You want me to disarm while surrounded by angry people?”
Melo: “I’d say some friends in high places, but they’re not too high physically.” A shrug. “So, honestly, what would you want? Where’s the trust gotta start with you, if getting power restored isn’t gonna cover it? What’s it gonna take to get the swords turned to plowshares for the betterment of the entire city? I’m not gonna promise miracles, but I’m not a mind reader.” He was at ease, though he’d fail the ‘able to describe Dolly Partan without the use of his hands’ test.
Charlie: “I want you to realize even if you shot one the other 10 would literally disarm the both of us before Melo could face palm.”
(From AJ B. (GM)): On a roof over the shoulder of the grackletooth you see a man in a grey trenchcoat and fedora.
AJ B. (GM): The Grackletooth looks utterly confused. “No one takes the weapons away, period.”
Ambrose Betamax: “…fine.” puts his gun away
AJ B. (GM): The D-bees surrounding Ambrose put their weapons away and rejoin the crowd.
The Apeman looks at Charlie and holds up two fingers. “Two days, we help and things improve in two days and I’ll believe you’re legitimately helping. Any longer and we hold to our plan, and you had best be ready to live with your decision…or not”

Melo lifted his head and leaned slightly for a moment, glancing over the much taller lizard-man’s shoulder, muscles in his face relaxing for a moment in focus, a momentary headshake as if to clear his vission, and then back to the lizard. “I’m a soldier. I get that.” A hand lifted to pat the weapon in his shoulder-holster. “Its a figure of speech. Y’know what it took to get the system to register you folks as non-threats, and to get you registered as valued citizens? If you prove me wrong, there’s gonna be fuck all I can do to try and get things set on down the right path. Not gonna lie, its not going to be quick. It might not be ‘tell your grandkids or great grandkids’ generation that things’re truly equal, but we gotta start somewhere. As it stands, with just that group there,” a nod given at the group around the table, “We’re looking at a month to get power back. He says three days if we have everyone chips in, myself included.”

Charlie snuffs. "I could say the same to you when you crawl through the bodies of all the dead d-bees. Talk to Melo to hear out what the plan is at least. " (who is even the leader)
AJ B. (GM): The Grackletooth shrugs and steps to the side. “Not my call.” He points to the apeman standing in front of Charlie. “Grimgrin runs the show.”
Charlie: (lol well there we go)
(magilla gorilla)
AJ B. (GM): (of the three of you who looks like the biggest threat? The walking herbivore, the human who has to be massively armed and armored to even come here, or the 7 ft tall werewolf?)
Melo: (The 7ft tall walking death machine who is currently standing beside the table, tracking everything at once, personally)
Charlie: (What, charlie isn’t a super cute fluffy puppy? HF 13 isn’t THAT high, is it?)
(Yeah even charlie is a fan of not upsetting vault)
AJ B. (GM): (and from the images Ive seen usually doesnt have visually confirmable weapons)
Charlie: (true true)
(I just had a terrible thought)

Melo nods. “Appreciate it.” And he’d hold out his hand with that hand-shake gesture. “At the least, keep what I’ve said in mind. I can only hope to win this one heart at a time.” And then a lopsided grin, “Or two, depending on the anatomy of some folks, y’know?” Hand-shake or not, he’d head on over to the other group. “Grimgrin is it? Melo Craft.” And again, he’d offer that hand in friendship. “Here to help lift the quarter up on equal footing with everyone else, I hope?”
Charlie: (We tell these guys we need 3 gator men unharmed and as pretty as can be for us to make athe tweeks)
( > w> pull a rocket racoon)
(or the heads of 3 bandits, I’m sur ethey’d be good for the blood)
(especially if it’s humans)

Charlie knew the only footing the gorilla wanted was humans under his boot, but he kept that to himself.
AJ B. (GM): Grimgrin looks at Melo then back at Charlie. “He says you can honor that claim. Until you do, you’re just another oppressor who’s skull would feel wonderful in pieces at my feet. Understood?”

Charlie knew it! Under the heel. He knew the muscle headed type well, being one himself.
Charlie: “He says two days, Melo, but hasn’t heard the plan.” wolfie hoped that was enough time for whatever they were supposed to be doing. He left it open for the peacekeeper to make talk.
(brb, ambrose take over the diplomacy!)
Ambrose Betamax: (ambrose doesnt know what to doooo)
“hey hey, ever see planet of the apes? I love that one…”

Melo let his hand fall, though he still held that friendly smile, “Can only do my best to try. Keeping him alive keeps me pretty damned busy.” A thum jerked at Ambrose, “But I can’t do it on my own.” A nod at Charlie’s comment of the two day mark, “At the least, it’ll be three days to get power restored, if everyone chips in. A month if you don’t want to help. I’m already fully committed to helping you folks. The Tall Man said power’d be a place to start building the trust, so I’m working on power.”
AJ B. (GM): The Apeman growls and eyeballs Melo. “Three days, we all help and power is on in three days and you earn a Slight amount of goodwill and a better timeframe. It isn’t and I’m sure you know how good Antlers look on walls.”
(From AJ B. (GM)): The man on the roof seems to be watching you intently though its hard to tell with the shadow from his fedora.
Ambrose Betamax: “so no, you havent seen planet of the apes is what your saying…”
AJ B. (GM): (one day we are going to discover that Ambrose is really the Doctor in disguise and trying very hard and very poorly to not give himself away lol)
Ambrose Betamax: (lol, it might not be a disguise, deer regeneration!)
Melo: “Before you go on a rampage, want’cha to stop and think about this: Right now, humans think, quite incorrectly, that you’re a bunch of savage monsters. There’s gonna be a hell of a shit storm in the news over getting power restored here in all likelihood, but think of how to spin it. If they see you folks working for it; Really working for it, peacefully and with actual skill and pride in your work, there’ll be quite a bit less outrage, and quite a bit goes towards dispelling the belief that you’re monsters not worth the space you’re given. Go on a rampage right when the city starts showing you some good will, and think of how far back that’ll set you, and everyone else who lives in this quarter. Do you,” And he’d stop to indicate every one of the small mob, “want that on your heads, knowing that you’d be personally responsible for furthering the oppression? I’m doing my part. I’m trying to extend the olive branch of peace. It’s in your hands now on how you want this to play out.”

Melo let that sit for a moment, doing his best to look up at the ape man.
AJ B. (GM): The apeman chuckles “Wont matter what they think if we’re in charge, but for now we will work for what we should have had in the first place.”
with that he and the other hostiles go over and join the current group and seem willing to listen and follow the orders given. After a little more talk they head down underground.
Melo: “Alright. You two want to come with, or think you want to clear out Charlie’s place? I’m gonna be needed down there.”
Ambrose Betamax: “oh dear. are you safe alone with them?”

Melo shrugs. “Trust has to start somewhere Ambrose. They’re more fucked than they realize if they try anything, but it also has the promise of power.”
Ambrose Betamax: “alright. TO CHARLIES HOUSE!”
Charlie: (time to celebrate cleaning my keyboard by eating at my keyboard)
Melo: (I cleaned my keyboard last week, and dusted the inside of my case. I removed more crap from my keyboard then my PC’s fans, heat sinks, and general frame combined."

Charlie wanted to say “Better than Gorilla skin rugs in front of admin fireplaces.”
Charlie: (oh shit sorry my chat didn’t scroll down )

Melo heads on down with the rest of the D-Bees, to put in at least a few hours worth of work. He’d even likely try and pull Grimgrin, the human lead, and the Grackletooth aside when time permitted and seemed appropriate to go over layouts, or to show a few tips and tricks to various D-Bees when it came to wiring or what-have-you.

Charlie scuttles to his place to make sure all his stuff was still there.
AJ B. (GM): (roll an electronics skill Melo, or whatever that skill was labeled)
Melo: rolling 1d100< 54 Electrical Engineering
(
93
)
= 0 Successes
Charlie: (ouch)

Melo fails, miserably, and likely shocks the hell out of himself at one point. “Right. Do it exactly not like that.”
Ambrose Betamax: (or you set ape man on fire.)
AJ B. (GM): The apeman and Grackletooth are chuckling enjoying the show of a human shocking himself.
(From AJ B. (GM)): as you guys are working below you spot the man in the fedora hanging back and staying just out of sight in side tunnels.

Charlie packs whatever belongings he feels he needs into the apc and goes to find Melo and Ambrose

Melo likely would be glancing over his shoulder now and then as he worked, stopping now then to peer into the shadows, flipping through various spectrums before returning to work. Truth be told, its a nice change of pace to actually get his hands back into mechanics, even if he’s doing a mediocre job at it.. Too much time spent shooting things.
AJ B. (GM): (Alright, shall we time skip ahead to a few hours later then?)
Melo: (Yeah, thinking so)
Charlie: yup)

Charlie was trying to pay attention to Melo’s teachings
AJ B. (GM): After a while of working and gathering stuff up you are all back in the APC driving home.
(From AJ B. (GM)): about halfway there you hear a loud Thud on the roof.
Melo: “Well, that at least is a st—” And he’d stop, glancing up, “You guys hear that?” He wasn’t going to slam on the breaks, but they’d get pressed, that’s for sure.
Ambrose Betamax: “hear what?”
Charlie: “That went better than I figured. I didn’t get into a fight today and none of the d-bees are Ambrose’s pet.” He elbowed the deer. Charlie wiggles his ears around trying to listen for any unusual sounds
rolling 1d20+2 Perception
(
14
)+2
= 16
AJ B. (GM): (you do not hear anything unusual)

Melo would pull over in short order, to get out and check something; he’d even have a gun drawn, just in case; the dart pistol, o’corse.
(From AJ B. (GM)): on the roof of your apc is the man from earlier crouched and waiting. He waves when he sees you.

Charlie scratches his head. “The APC rattling or something?” Melo was a mechanical guy, maybe it was the engine.

Charlie took this time to ask Ambrose if Melo was acting more paranoid than usual.
(To GM): “You’ve got 15 seconds to talk. I’ve got shit to do, and don’t care much for people following me, or dropping in uninvited.”
(From AJ B. (GM)): The man shrugs and rolls backwards falling off the other side of the APC out of sight.
Ambrose Betamax: “nope.”
(To GM): Would o’corse check the side of the APC for the man; chase would only be given if deemed needed.
(From AJ B. (GM)): no one there, no sign of him or which direction he went.

Melo returns in short order. “Vault. Keep an eye out; human, fedora, grey trenchcoat. Subdue only, need information on them.” Already his mind was racing even as he fired up the APC, then returned to driving back home.
Ambrose Betamax: “ooh is a fedora some kind of animal? I want one.”
AJ B. (GM): When you arrive home you hear hissing from both Albion and Shrodinger, Albion is up in a chandelier and Shrodinger is on the ground staring up.
Charlie: (lol)

Charlie can’t resist and joins in on the hissing, bristling up and mimicing a house cat bouncing around to look tough
Melo: “…Ambrose, she’s your cat, and you’re their guardian. You sort this one out.” Nope, he’s not about to deal with this, unless the hatchling asks. “Thank you for not eating her.” And into the kitchen. Coffee.
Albion: “Probably wouldve given me indigestion after what she did.”
Melo: “Vur svabol tira jaciv tir?”
Ambrose Betamax: “oh dear.”
Shrodinger stops hissing up and pins him/herself (I have no idea what gender, guess I leave that to Ambrose) to Melo’s leg.
Albion: “jaciv stole sia arcaniss”
Ambrose Betamax: (her)
AJ B. (GM): You notice something a bit off, although still the same size Shrodinger’s stripes are darker then they were this morning.

Melo sighs, and simply picks the cat up to cradle in one arm, and pet with the other. “Now now, you need to be nice.” O’corse, he’d still be in body armor. “Vur filki svanoa tira jaciv tir batobot?”

Ambrose Betamax , curious, examines his cat.
AJ B. (GM): The cat purrs loudly as Melo holds it

Melo casually passes purring kitty to Ambrose, and peers up at Albion, as if awaiting an answer.
Albion: “svanoa jalla vucoti, si wharaca vhira ihk vi nap, vur woke svern mrith batobot youwe pinned ekess sia symba vur sil sia vers missing.”

Charlie addresses the lizard cat. “Did she drain you too?”
Albion: “Assume so unless you know of something else that might’ve come in here and conveniently done so while it was napping next to me.”
Ambrose Betamax: “hmm. hugs his cat Is it like a permanent thing, or will you have it back later?”
Albion: “No idea, I am a dragon and I’ve never heard of someone stealing the magic of another while they still live.”

Charlie frowns. "Ambrose were you not aware of this? "

Ambrose Betamax looks into his cats eyes. “Aaaw, your not gonna hurt anyone, are you buddy?”
Ambrose Betamax: “nope.”

Melo peeeers at the deer-bee’s cat, followed by a sigh. “Ambrose, this is, without a doubt, not a good thing.”
Ambrose Betamax: “well, no one is really hurt, are they? And I think the stripes are cute.”
(From Albion): you feel some of your own ppe fade from your body. (20 lost)
AJ B. (GM): You all see the cat start growing some and Melo can even feel its weight increasing as he holds it.
Charlie: “A creature steals what is essentially a life’s essence away from magical creatures and you ask if no one was really hurt?” Charlie was slightly offended. “I can say I felt fine after a days worth of rest, but I don’t know how much was stolen from me.” Stolen being a keyword here.

Charlie crossed his arms. “Plus you need to do some research. I don’t know if that’s a demon or just a really weird cat I’m not familiar with.” As a hunter that wasn’t normally around the places he’s lurked as far as he knew.

Melo passed the kitty to the deer! Still, he’d give a bit of a headshake, hand lifting to rub at his temples for a moment before settling at the edge of his eyes, a few words whispered under his breath.
(To GM): Sense Magic
(From AJ B. (GM)): no magic to be sensed aside from what should be there.
AJ B. (GM): The cat is continuing to grow as Melo hands it over, it is now the size of a lion kit and about as heavy.

Ambrose Betamax holds his now heavier cat. “hm. well, I’m not really sure what to do about this. I wonder if we can give it something else to feed off of. that mirror was magic right?”
AJ B. (GM): It hops down from Ambrose’s arms and rolls onto its back before it gets to heavy for him. Its growth stops and you now have a full grown white tiger lying on its back on your floor.
Ambrose Betamax: “…wow.”
Melo: “Whoa, whoa whoa!” Nope, this isn’t good. Already he’s back peddling when the cat drops to the floor and starts growing.

Charlie puts his hand to his gun before he hand a chance to tell Ambrose he wasn’t concerned about it eating, he was concerned about what happened after it was fed.
Ambrose Betamax: “Well whatever happens, we know she likes us, so its not like she’s gonna get violent.”
AJ B. (GM): The cat seems to look up at Albion and swings a paw at him even though he is far out of reach.
Melo: “…Yeah. Uh-huh. I’m afraid to test that theory.”

Charlie doesn’t relax much. “Septumbrum pups don’t always understand they draw blood when they bite playfully.”
Ambrose Betamax: “aaaw, Shro, you aren’t gonna hurt anyone, are you?” pets
Charlie: rolling 1d100< 50 Demon and Monsters
(
80
)
= 0 Successes
D:< fuck this cat)

Charlie wracks his brain for a third time trying to figure out this creature and he just can’t seem to think of anything that’s similar.
AJ B. (GM): The tiger purrs as Ambrose pets it and stretches fully out.

Melo didn’t know a damned thing about the cat, aside from where it came from. “..Yeah. I’ve got no idea what we’re going to do about this.”

Melo just.. kinda mentally breaks for a moment. Yep, this is too much for his brain for some reason.

Melo can’t shoot it; it’s not mauling Ambrose (Yet), can’t reason with it (It’s a tiger after all), and legs grow back, right?
AJ B. (GM): (or are replaced with machinery)
Melo: (Technically, that was a very poor monty python reference)
AJ B. (GM): (my cat is trying to remove my leg one tiny hole at a time)

Charlie considers. “Perhaps it will go back to being small after some time.” It might have been safer to say in the d-bee area.
Shrodinger rolls to her feet and pads off into the kitchen.
Charlie: “Does Leah know?” He had a feeling she’d be the shoot now ask later type unless the kitten was a drug dealer.
Ambrose Betamax: “I didn’t, why would she?”

Melo after a moment, follows. The coffee maker just stopped. Yep, he’s lost it. Cup of coffee hopefully gathered later, he’d simply wander on out. “Right. We’ve got stuff we should be doing.”
AJ B. (GM): (current time, 7 pm Aug. 14th just for reference.)
Ambrose Betamax: “hmm, I wonder if I put shro in a box, she’ll exist and not exist at the same time….or she’ll just sit in the box.”
Melo: “..Yeah. You do that. I’m going to go shoot some people in the chest, and then cut off their heads, because that sounds more sane than that. Charlie, you want to come with me?”
Ambrose Betamax: “baaad hunters.”
Melo: “I said people.”
Ambrose Betamax: “Oh, well thats fine then.”
Melo: “Yeah. Care to come with, then?”
Ambrose Betamax: “…yeah alright.”
“Can I bring my cat?”
Melo: “..No. I’d rather not have that thing get hungry on the road, either for my flesh or my brain.”

Ambrose Betamax grumbles about the rights of supernatural animals, and puts out rather a lot more cat food.

Charlie glances at Ambrose. “Better not tell your admin friends about it or I’ll be coming to collect.” This was slightly a joke. He follow Melo to the APC

Melo sighs into his coffee, just trying to think, and plan. “So.” And towards the living room he’d go. “We’ve got eight days. We need to set ourselves up with a plan.” Well, to be fair, they’d been running for a good bit of the day.

Melo might try and get the deer ’n wolf to head into the living room to plan.

Ambrose Betamax joins melo in the living room, after trying and probably failing to get his now large and hard to corral cat to come with.
Charlie: (oh scratch going to the apc then, charlie will stay win the lving room)
AJ B. (GM): The tiger is busy exploring the house in its new shape and has no interest in being obedient lol.
Melo: “Alright. So. We’ve got eight days, preferably less. We’ve got a cult of magic using road gangers that might be dealing with demons.” A sigh, and he’d lean back on the couch some. “We also need to collect some croc-men, and bring one back alive. I know jack about either group aisde from one of the people we’re being paid to kill is a kid who’s had a bounty on him for a good bit of time, and some people say he’s as old as I am. We’ve also got the issue of a six hundred pound feline we now need to feed and keep secret, a pending rebellion that’ll cost us a fair bit if we don’t squash it, and..” A shrug. “Fuck man, my head hurts.”

Melo prattles on. “I still don’t know the lay of the land, and I’d swear someone’s been keeping tabs on me all day.”

Melo glances at a deer and wolf. “..Any ideas?”
Ambrose Betamax: sic a giant cat on them? We get to take out the bandits AND feed the cat at the same time!

Charlie shrugs “Research.”

Melo just.. Stairs at Ambrose, jaw kinda slack. “Yeah. That’d very likely lead to a quick end of your cat.” And then to Charlie, “Alright. I can see what the city’s systems know. You know who to ask to start things off?”
Charlie: (sleepy)
Melo: (Should we call it a night here, then?)
Charlie: (I’d like to)
Melo: (I’m totally cool with it)
AJ B. (GM): (works for me, is almost 10 anyhow.)
Ambrose Betamax: oki ^^
Zea: Today is January 1st, 2015. EXP is about to be given.
AJ B. (GM): In Game Timestamp 7:15 Aug. 14th
Exp is as follows, 250 each. An extra 50 for Melo, and extra 25 for Ambrose and Charlie.
Ambrose Betamax: Ok :3
Charlie: thank you for not turning me into pancakes with a gorilla
Also today is January 4th
Zea: Yeah. That’s what I meant to type.
Ambrose Betamax: Thanks for giving me a freaking magic tiger
Charlie: I still need to level up
you!? I think charlie should have it
ambrose needs to share
u nu will put a bell collar on her that is also magic and will resize with her
Ambrose Betamax: lol
but she’ll eat all your magic :P
Charlie: lol I have a lot
ugh she’d probably drain charlie of everything given the chance
AJ B. (GM): lol, she has a very particular set amount for abilities
CS Psi Stalker: I’m coming for you all
Charlie: hey AJ
think you can point me in a direction to start read’n on what I can do with my level up
Zea: Pg 116, skills are at 305
Charlie: So how does this work, so I pick a new skill? I guess I should look it up __
Zea: Lets see.. #8: Can learn spells
From that list, OR anything level (Whatever your current ding is) or below.
At level 3, you get 2 more skills
And they get your skill bonuses listed on page 119
Jena C.: rolling 3d6
(
1
+
1
+
3
)
= 5
):
rolling 2d6
(
1
+
3
)
= 4
>:I
do I get to reroll those 1’s
I seem to roll those a lot in character creation related things XD
Zea: rolling 1d6
(
5
)
= 5
rolling 1d6 above was level 4, this is level 5
(
1
)
= 1
Jena C.: rolling 2d8
(
4
+
4
)
= 8
Zea: rolling 1d4+1
(
2
)1
= 3
rolling 2d6
(
2
+
3
)
= 5
(To GM): That was level 4 for ISP / PPE respectively. The following roll is level 5.
Zea: (To GM) rolling 1d4
1
(
3
)+1
= 4
Zea: (To GM) rolling 2d6 ppe
(
1
+
4
)
= 5
AJ B. (GM): Alright to recap real quick. 7:15 pm August 14th in game. The Admins soiree is on the 23rd of August and he still expects the heads of a few roadgang leaders, 2 dead and 1 live gatormen. Last we left our heroes they were discussing what the plan for finding and dealing with these problems was.

Ambrose Betamax is reiterating that he’s not doing any more hunting. Unless it’s evil humans. He can do that.
Charlie: “So then we take on the gangers first and see what we can do about the crocs if there is time?”

Melo was going to need sleep before he could do much of anything, really. “Right. So I’m guessing you’re not too keen on going after the man eating croc men who we’ve already been contracted for.” And a hand would go up to rub around his eye implants. “Charlie, any idea just how far out we’ve got to travel?”

Ambrose Betamax is a friend to all man eating monsters of death

Ambrose Betamax uses this time to cuddle his now gigantic cat.
Charlie: “The roadgangers base is 5 days on wheels, 4 if we push it and you don’t mind jumping that APC of yours…”
Melo: “..That’s.. not good. That leaves us zero time for the crocs, unless they’re literally on the way back, and take us no more then an hour to find.”
Charlie: “Well, I do have a buddy who might be able to fly us there. He owes me a favor or two from sharing some of my kills with him when I can. We’ll lose all chance of stealth though.”
Ambrose Betamax: (have we ever been any good at stealth?)
Melo: “..How big of a plane he have? Cargo an option?”
Charlie: (says the deer with the natural camoflage lol)

Melo drives a 2 story tall, 40 foot long, 20 some odd foot wide bus. He’s far from selthy himself in that thing.
Charlie: “Big enough to haul a D’wombat”

Melo hums. “Could fit us and maybe a bike or a car. Keep Vault on the skycycle, maybe?”
Ambrose Betamax: (I believe his last attempt was Vibrating casual underwater :P)

Melo IS a murder hobo in some respects.. Salvage what’s worth grabbing, yep.
Charlie: “Yeah, can definitely fit that at least. What’re you thinking? Also as a fair heads up the closest he’ll land us is a three hour walk away from them. Still I reccomend we go on foot all the same once we’re there.”

Melo nods in agreement. “‘S a smart plan of action, if you ask me. And mostly, if we’re going to make good on an escape after taking out a good number of them, might as well salvage some form of transportation. I didn’t get my truck for free, after all.”
Charlie: “Alright, I’ll put in a call to him and make sure he’s got nothing scheduled then.” With that Charlie heads off to the next room to use one of the consoles.
(From AJ B. (GM)): you hear a knock on the door.

Melo calls out, “Make sure he’s aware of the cat.” And then a sigh, and up he’d rise, to go check the front door. “Vault, go make sure the front gate is closed.” Some muttering, “Coulda swore I closed it once we got past..”

Vault does so
(From AJ B. (GM)): as you open the door halfway down the drive you see a man in a grey fedora and trench walking towards the gate which is still closed.

Ambrose Betamax wonders who will take care of shro and albion and were-deer ^^
Melo: “Vault, subdue protocols. Non-lethal force.” was all he said as he raced out the door, a hand going to one of the daggers on his person; the one in the dragon hide sheath.
(From Vault): “Acknowledge Commander” He looks around “Commander do you wish to be subdued?”

Melo could be heard shouting, “Hey! You! Hold it!” from outside, in all likelyhood.
(From AJ B. (GM)): The man seems to hear you and looks over his shoulder then turns around his hands in his pockets and his stance casual.
Shrodinger paws at the fridge now that Ambrose is there.
(To GM): “Right there! Him! Don’t you see him?!” was that call at the droid.. Though hopefully the man might actually be there, the sniper approaching warily, dagger drawn, other hand at his hip for his pistol, “How’d you get in here, and who are you?”

Ambrose Betamax says something like “oh alright, drama queen…” and feeds her a tiger size helping of food.
Shrodinger: (of catfood or of something tigers actually eat?)
(From Vault): “Commander, you are the only one in the yard at this time. Are you unwell?”
(From Niemand): “Introductions are irellevant, as is how I got here.”
(To GM): hesitated. He trusted Vault’s systems, quite a bit. Quickly, eyes were set to scanning through various visual spectrums. “Introductions or not, identify yourself!” And that dart gun would be found in his hand, dagger in the other as the weapon was braced. Why wasn’t he shooting already? Was it that moment of doubt? Or to ask questions first, seeing how as the man wasn’t showing outward hostilities. Likely the later.
(From Niemand): The man rubs the bridge of his nose. “Oh by the void, FINE! Niemand. Satisfied?”

Charlie finishing up his call comes to the front door and looks out it before yelling into the house. “Hey Deerman, cmere”
(To GM): “And your purpose for being here?” He still held the gun drawn, muscles under his body armor tense, eyes still flipping through various spectrums, as if trying to confirm Vault’s readings.
(From AJ B. (GM)): as you scan through the other spectrums its all empty.

Melo is standing a good ways down the drive way, gun drawn on seemingly nothing, dagger in his other hand.
(From Niemand): “Just checking on something, now that I have, I really should be going. Though before I do, a bit of free wisdom, words change the world, guns only change lives.”

Ambrose Betamax heads over now that he’s fed shro.
Ambrose Betamax: “Hey guys what’s going on?”
(To GM): would return to the much more ‘simplistic’ natural visual light range upon everything else turning up empty. Yep, there was something at work here.

Charlie points to Melo who is apparently having a discussion with the air halfway between the house and the gate. “That normal?”
Ambrose Betamax: “hmm. for me probably.”
Melo: “Vault, verify nothing on standard optical spectrums, then head on back. Standard perimeter sweep.” And his gun would lower, “And yeah, that’d be why I asked questions before shooting. Just what needed checking on, and wouldn’t a phone call be nice in advance, when you’re coming to the home of someone who’s a smidge trigger happy?”
(From Vault): “Double checking, Commander there is still nothing there, perhaps you need to sleep more.”
Ambrose Betamax: "HE MELO DID YOU FIND THE GHOSTS?
(don’t cross the streams)
Melo: “Likely did Ambrose. You seeing anything in front of me?” Yep, he’s going to double check, even as his gun was holstered, looking quite steadfastly in front of him.
(From Niemand): “Commander huh, fun title. I can’t stay to explain anymore, perhaps another time though.” With that he turns and walks towards the gate once more.
Ambrose Betamax: “nope.”
(From AJ B. (GM)): As the man reaches the gate he walks through the bars, literally as if they weren’t there, as soon as he is out of sight your mind removes all knowledge of the man himself and you have this odd feeling, as if that bit of wisdom from him was something you learned long ago that you only recently remembered.

Ambrose Betamax kicks himself mildly. Why didn’t HE think of talking to ghost, that would have been epic he has the ecto powers and everything…
Melo: “..Yeah. Next time, stay a while. Have a conversation. Safe travels.” And then he’d shake his head a bit, as if to clear it. “…Fuck’n hell.”

Ambrose Betamax has long since learned not to pry when Melo is in that mood. Unless he really really wants to. And he does. “What’s going on?”
Ambrose Betamax: (ambrose always really really wants to.)

Melo would remain out in the open for a short while. “..Yeah. I need some sleep, and some good Scotch.” And then he’d head back into the house, to go raid the wine cellar, hopeful that he’d fine something other then wine for a night cap. He didn’t fancy an hour’s drive to get himself a beer.

Charlie does not actually know any better yet and follows him. “Hey Melo, mind telling me what that was all about?”
AJ B. (GM): Down in the wine cellar there is actually an entire section of high end liquors as well as a few unlabeled bottles.
Ambrose Betamax: (oooh unlabeled)

Ambrose Betamax blinks a few times and shudders, trying not to look at his reflections in the bottles.
Ambrose Betamax: “I’m beginning to think the whole looking into an evil mirror thing was not my greatest move.”

Melo sighs, “If I knew, I would. Presumably some sort of entity wants to keep tabs on either myself, the house, or what we’re doing. Showed up on visual spectrums only; no EM, no thermal, no IR or UV. Vault couldn’t see him either.” One bottle checked, put back, another, and returned. Eventually, he’d stop with a bottle of some amber booze in his hand, preferably a labeled bottle.. And hopefully not the most expensive thing in there. Back upstairs he’d go, “And I have no fucking clue what to make of it aside from ‘I need a drink and a full night’s sleep’. What time to we leave?” An ice cube or two, hopefully, a shot or two’s worth of booze, and then the cap would be put back on.
Melo: (Ret con the statments)

Melo corrects, “If I knew, I would. I.. frankly don’t remember. Hopefully a good stiff drink and a night’s sleep’ll fix’ll help. What time do we leave?”
Charlie: “His schedule is pretty harsh, he can fly us out at 7 am, but then he has to bail and wont be back until 9 pm. and only then because he’s technically done for the day at that point.”

Melo nods, slowly, taking a swig of his drink, followed by a momentary breath. “Good stuff..” Another breath, “And if its a 4 day drive..” Fingers would twitch for a moment, “Fuck man, what kind of jet he flying us out in?”

Charlie shrugs “A fast one? I hunt, shoot and kill things. What I know about vehicles consists of how many wheels they have.”
Melo: “Yeah.. Hell of a fast one.” And he’d finish off that glass, clean it, and go down stairs to put the bottle away before maybe getting dinner, petting at a roaming tiger, and going up to take a shower, then sleep, and try and recall just what the hell happened.
Ambrose Betamax: (looks like everyone got over the fear of tigers)
AJ B. (GM): (Alright assuming no one objects we’ll skip to the next morning?)

Melo is questioning his sanity. Petting a giant tiger at this point that doesn’t seem intent on eating him is par for the course.
Melo: (All up to Ambrose if he needs anything before sleep)
Ambrose Betamax: Ambrose Decides to have the tiger sleep in his room, cause he wants something big to cuddle with all night. Giant living security blanket!
(other than that yeah, he sleeps)
(luckily Ambrose is a north american deer and tigers go after, like asain gazelles. I hope.)
Melo: (I am now picturing a tiger trying to climb into Ambrose’s antlers and snooze.)
AJ B. (GM): Alright next morning, a few things, sometime in the night Shrodinger returned to being a kitten, and his stripes are barely visible once more. Also Ambrose appears to have been sleepwalking, all reflective surfaces are covered or wrapped, even his personal mirror and the magic one are wrapped in cloth and tied up.
(From AJ B. (GM)): as you awake you spot someone on the roof across the street out your window. A bit of your conversation comes back, no details about the person but their dress and the name Niemand are there.

Ambrose Betamax wakes up, kitten in his arms and I assume some scraps of fabric around too. huuuurg…oh hey your all small and cute again!
(To GM): was pragmatic in his approach: He’d close the blinds before getting ready for the day.

Charlie gets up and wanders about the house for a bit before heading down to the dining room.

Melo would eventually make his way out of his room, clad in body armor around five or so in the morning, pounding on Charlie and Ambroses’s dore. “Revelry everyone. We’ve got to get across town in short order folks. Get up!” And down stairs he’d go, to start prepping gear. Guns, check. Ammo, check. Damnit, he needs that recharger..

Ambrose Betamax , if albion is around, asks if he wants to come with us. Also he yells at Melo :hey my cat is small again, cool huh? Thats means he’s like…a PORTABLE TIGER"
Ambrose Betamax: (Cmon you can’t say that wouldnt be awesome)

Albion yawns “Depends, where are we going?”
Ambrose Betamax: “bad guy hunting. You’d probably get to eat most of them.”
Charlie: “Damn Melo, No breakfast today. Also what the hell was with you last night, you talked to the air then forgot why you were talking to the air?”
Ambrose Betamax: (I see albion has calmed down avout the cat. I assume that means his and charlies magic has returned)

Melo nods. “Yeah. Ambrose must be rubbing off on me.” A few more clips were checked for power, muttering just a bit. That sounds sane, right?

Albion shrugs and climbs down from the chandelier “The furry thief going with?”
Ambrose Betamax: “I dunno. Think she should? she got small again. Your powers back?”

Albion nods “Yeah no more drain then a normal expenditure, still don’t like it though. Either she goes and I stay though, or I go and she stays, I’m not keeping an eye on her this time.”
Ambrose Betamax: “hmm. She doesn’t seem to mean any harm by it, she didnt try to eat you or anything. But alright, I’ll ask melo what he thinks would be best.”

Ambrose Betamax searches for melo.

Ambrose Betamax is also a little twitchy about the now covered mirrors.

Charlie looks over at Melo “About as sane as anything else you seem to get me dragged into.”
Melo: “Ayep. I have to wonder about that as well. I think its him.” A vauge indication given at the deer, “Weird and crazy shit just happens around him. Like that cat.”
(From Vault): “Commander, there is a young man with red hair standing at the gate, he says he needs to speak to Charlie.”
Melo: “Yo,” Attention turning to the wolf, “You’ve got company outside.”

Melo does that odd thing that’d seem normal to people accustomed to radio, but it makes him seem psychic!

Charlie looks at him then shrugs and walks outside to go discuss things with his visitor while leaving Melo and Ambrose to finish preparations.

Melo ensure’s Ambrose’s guns’re packed as well. “Hey deer-bee, could you pack us some lunches? We’ve got a long day ahead of us, and I’d rather not do it on an empty stomach.”
Ambrose Betamax: “ok!”

Ambrose Betamax starts packing lunches. Like a deer. Salad wraps for all!
Ambrose Betamax: checks if he has cooking skills
Melo: (You do, actually)
Ambrose Betamax: (yay!)

Ambrose Betamax attempts to make the most awesome veggie wraps there ever were!
Charlie: (roll it)
Ambrose Betamax: rolling 1d100
(
62
)
= 62
(it was 57 I think)
Melo: (67, actually)
Ambrose Betamax: (oh awesome I did it then)
AJ B. (GM): (indeed)
Ambrose Betamax: (prepares to roleplay it)

Ambrose Betamax , with all the vegetable skills a deer has, knows just how to best season and deftly produces beautifly presented, but easy to eat in the field, vegetarien meals. He adds lots of cheese for the meat eaters needs.

Charlie Comes back in after about ten minutes. “Seems our pilot had a cancellation and we can be wheels up in 15 minutes if you want.”

Ambrose Betamax finishes wrapping the meals. Probably in something fancy, since this house has a GREAT kitchen.

Melo would approve, and likely will approve later on, but he’s packing. “That works. Your gear ready? And mind if we take your truck to the airport? Little less conspicuous.”
Ambrose Betamax: “Yes, I’m pretty sure that is in fact gold on that wax paper.”
Charlie: “Yeah not a problem, everyone who’s going hop in. We taking the cat, or the scaly cat with us?”
Ambrose Betamax: (thats up to melo :P)

Melo glances between the two. “Albion, mind coming with?”
Ambrose Betamax: (lol)
Albion: “If the fuzzy thief stays here I’ll come.”

Melo mostly just doesn’t want to be trapped in an air tube with a brain leach for several hours.

Ambrose Betamax kneels down in front of shrodinger. “ok Shro, I’ve got a mission just for you. can you take care of Were-deer down there for me? it’s very important…..”
Ambrose Betamax: (Ambrose believes Shrodinger might be a hyperintelligent cat being from beyond space)
Shrodinger yawns and goes to the top of the stairs to the cellar before curling up for a nap.

Melo soon enough would have gear strapped down in the back of the truck, and a comfortable place for himself in the cab. The droid? He’d likely be in back; there were demons. He wasn’t about to leave his kill bot behind.
Ambrose Betamax: “yay! I knew she understood me….”

Ambrose Betamax beams joy rays at his cat.

Charlie hops in the truck and as you drive out the gate a 15 year old boy with bright red hair and brown eyes, tan skin and a bit of muscle tone hops into the back. “Friends meet our pilot. Jeffrey. Jeffrey, meet Melo, Ambrose, Vault, and the Scaly Cat.”

Albion snaps at Charlie’s general direction.

Melo nods. “A pleasure Jeffrey. Appreciate the ride.”
AJ B. (GM): Jeffrey stares at Melo’s eyes. “Umm, no problem.”
Ambrose Betamax: “Hello Jeffrey!”
“I know, those are awesome sunglasses right?”

Melo is likely doing all kinds of standard scans over the human; it’s become second nature. Also makes it easier to ID someone at a distance if you know what their normal heat mapping is.
AJ B. (GM): “Sunglasses?” He turns to Ambrose and looks confused, looking back and forth between his passengers.
Ambrose Betamax: "I know, I think that he literally always wears them kind of takes away from the mystique. I think a pair of aviators would really make his hair pop. You know, the yellow driving ones…

Melo just.. sighs with an amused smile. “You get use to him. He supposedly has a great sense of fashion. Its gotten us out of more then one jam before.”
Ambrose Betamax: “he won’t let me try them on.”

Ambrose Betamax whispers too loudly. “I THINK IT”S A SENSITIVE TOPIC WITH HIM"
Ambrose Betamax: (ambroses fashion sense is so good it’s actually killed a man at several paces)
AJ B. (GM): Jeffrey shrugs, and as you arrive at a shack with a large empty field behind it, there is a plane in the center of the field, a large cargo jet though heavily modified judging by its appearance, its also been painted to look like a shark with 5 mouths inside each other. Jeffrey smiles and hops out as Charlie pulls to a stop. “Well there she is. Terek Nish.” He runs over to the plane immediately.
Ambrose Betamax: It’s a Recursive shark.
“I love this alreeady…”
“See, now that’s style. melo, we need to paint something on the APC.”
Charlie: “I think he’s right, maybe we can paint it to looks like a D’wombat, or that little furball”

Melo eyes the shark, whistling a bit. “..Yeah, I can approve of this.” He’d disembark, grabbing his pack, leaving Vault to grab Ambrose’s. “Epoc’ll get a paint job when I think its suitable.” A hand would brush across the plain once near enough. before he’d attempt to embark.
Ambrose Betamax: (at my 8 o clock in a lil over an hour and a half, I need to work on a commission, I should still be able to play but I might be slow starting around then)
Melo: (That’s fine; I’m slow ‘cause of movie.)
Ambrose Betamax: (we can all be slow together!)
Charlie: (yep, Im bouncing around a lot myself, just got food)
Ambrose Betamax: (I kind of love how informal we can be in our games that way….I BET YOUR BOTH NAKED)
AJ B. (GM): Once everyones on board Jeffrey seems to lose his childish demeanor and spouts orders. "Eyes, you’re co pilot, you know Vtols right? Hunter, keep Herbivore and Scales occupied and don’t let them touch any electronics."
Ambrose Betamax: “what there are electronics? where I wanna play with em”
(cmon, you knew that was coming)
AJ B. (GM): “If you damage my baby, you had better be able to learn to fly really Fast.”

Ambrose Betamax keeps his hands to himself.
Charlie: “He isn’t kidding either, he threw someone out of here once for daring to touch a dial. I dont remember what it did.”
Ambrose Betamax: “I’ll uh, play with my eyes.”
AJ B. (GM): “He adjusted the radio frequency.”
(also almost right Piko, I tend to run these games in a pair of shorts and a bathrobe at most lol)
Melo: (…So slow. Movie is good)
AJ B. (GM): (need to put game on hold so you can watch and just pick up after?)
Melo: (…Would you guys be offended if we did?)
Ambrose Betamax: (I wouldnt be offended at all ^)
Melo: (I really wasn’t expecting this movie tonight)
AJ B. (GM): (nope, I understand, that one is a really good movie and it does require some focus)
(we’ll pick it up again later when you guys are ready, or if not no big, Im glad we got at least some gaming in)
Ambrose Betamax: (me too ^
These games are kind of the highlight of my week)
Melo: (Same, to be honest. I just feel bad about playing without everyone here. That said, weeeee! I’ve got an up all night cleared schedule aside from this movie)
AJ B. (GM): (awesome, I will have to sleep at some point but thankfully cards are an afternoon to evening event)
Ambrose Betamax: (;3)
Zea: (Hi.)
Melo: “Yeah. Give me a minute to brush up, would’ja? Vault, secure the gear and strap in.” Even as he was talking, he was moving to get himself a proper seat at the front of the craft.
(To GM): Now would be a good a time as any to give him an excuse to telemechanic stuff. Be good to know where dials and such are.
Ambrose Betamax: (wheeee)
(From AJ B. (GM)): alright, easy enough sense theres nothing defending it or anything similar
(To GM): also gives a good excuse for him to properly learn about jet aircraft, back story wise, seeing how as its an operator pickup.
AJ B. (GM): Once everyone is settled in the kid takes you up into the air and heads off. “Ladies and gentlemen our estimated arrival time is two hours. We will remain on the ground for a maximum of ten minutes because I happen to like her in one piece and the fiendwheels like parts. Should you require any assistance in being removed from the aircraft while we are at cruising altitued feel free to mess with any of the electronics in the back.”
Ambrose Betamax: (lol)
AJ B. (GM): Once you are up in the sky. “So Charlie didn’t tell me, what is taking you to fiendwheel territory most people avoid that stretch like it were a dreamline.”

Melo laughs just a bit. “Gonna have to remember that line. You just tell me what you need, Captain.” Eyes were dancing across the dashboard, mind racing just a bit. “By the way, rear strut for the cargo door is down about two ounces of hydraulic fluid.” Even then, he was mostly just spending time monitoring controls. Not like something that sensitive would show up on the panels. “And we’re after a couple’a heads.”
AJ B. (GM): Jeffrey smirks “Well, good luck, theres a lot of them out there.”
Melo: “Yeah. Hard part’ll be finding the three we need. Or the easy part, depending on how you want to look at it. We’ve got.. what, six hours, if we include travel time?”
AJ B. (GM): “If you need more, I always leave a radio behind set to my frequency. Wont be able to come running but since its a favor for a friend I can put off pickup until its needed so long as it doesn’t bump someone elses slot.”
Melo: “With luck, I should be able to hotwire something and get us back a lot quicker then 3 hours of foot travel to buy us s’more time.” Not like they brought the truck. “Hell, planning on grabbing at the least a few bikes, if that’d be ok with you?”
AJ B. (GM): “So long as it fits in here and you can tie or bolt em down secure enough, you can bring back the whole gang if thats what you want.”

Melo laughs. “Good ’nuff for me. Appreciate the lift.”
AJ B. (GM): After about an hour and a half he points to a large complex surrounded by what appears to be a race track, with a few turrets and a couple other nasty looking stretches off in the distance. “That’s their place and you can bet they’ve seen us and when they see me land they’ll be sending some form of greeting out shortly after. My advice, shoot the messenger.”

Melo nods. “Good plan. Aim for the head, yeah? Any other suggestions? How heavily armed they tend to be?”
Ambrose Betamax: “Don’t we need their heads?”
AJ B. (GM): “Aim for whatever you can hit. Tough call, if they think theres a vehicle to be taken they’ll come in heavy with at least a few armed bikes. Usually 8 to a squad. If they see the plane bail before they send someone else they’ll send only three. All their bikes are armed and they carry whatever they can scrape up so no telling what they’ll be packing. Last I heard they had been dealing with an ammo shortage. Though that was a good three months ago.”
Ambrose Betamax: “This sounds like a situation that calls for stealth! I’ll get naked….”
Melo: “They favor the hard stuff then?” Hands would move to carefully tend to a few switches as needed.. “Ambrose, I really don’t have the ability to call for a med-evac for you out here. Back home, yeah, maybe we could save yer ass, but out here? Not a chance in hell.”
Ambrose Betamax: “right so clothes are good. All the clothes. Can I have some spare clothes?”
AJ B. (GM): He shakes his head “Nah, they dont play favorites its more of a what they can find, E-clips are usually easier to get since most idiots carry a few. Still its hard to figure what they’ll have. Unfortunately speculation time is over as we’re about to hit the landing zone. So if you’re getting off be ready to get off. I dont like being in the airspace here and for the most part these guys can’t fly.”
Ambrose Betamax: “I learned the hard way that I can’t fly….”

Melo nods. “Works for me. Thanks again for the intel. Always appreciate it.”
AJ B. (GM): “You’re still alive so clearly it was easier then for some.”

Melo would soon enough be preparing to land. “Vault, get the gear ready. Expect to go in hot.”
Vault: “Acknowledged Commander”
AJ B. (GM): After the plane sets down he tosses a radio to Charlie who clips it to his belt. “Alright, you guys know the schedule, good luck on your headhunting.”

Ambrose Betamax leaps out dramatically and looks around.
AJ B. (GM): This area is mostly just normal Australia desert, although from here you can see the complex as a small dot on the horizon.
Ambrose Betamax: "Oh. I thought we were doing one of those landings where we come out shooting in an epic battle. I’ll just uh….cough

Melo had his rifle at the ready by the time he got off the plane, though he was ready to take it easy, helmet already attached. “Yeah. We’ve got a bit of a walk ahead of us. Vault, keep scans up just in case. Otherwise, lets get to hoofing it.” Insert epic walking away from plane here.
AJ B. (GM): As you guys walk away the plane takes off and heads back towards the city. After an hour you do spot someone heading towards you. Oddly enough only a single person and not moving nearly as fast as you’d expect.
Melo: “Maybe the welcoming committee is a bit light, eh? Charlie, you see anything aside from one body on approach?” Behold the power of telescopic vision..!
Ambrose Betamax: "I think we should accept their surrender.
Charlie: “No sign of anything but the firefly up ahead, however doesn’t look like more would be needed. He’s Brigth.”
*Bright
(From AJ B. (GM)): its a kid on a bicycle.
Melo: “..Yeah. This isn’t good. Vault, go left. Prepare to flank him. Non-lethal force if you can, lethal authorized if he starts attacking.” Ever the paragon of virtue, mmhmm. Even as he’s saying this, he’s getting down to one knee and raising his rifle to try and get an even better look at the target.

Ambrose Betamax waves at him.
AJ B. (GM): Once the kid is within verbal range he pulls his bicycle up short and puts one foot down on the side and yells out. “You know its rude to point guns at people on their own land. Makes you look kinda hostile.”

Melo would only be using the scope! He didn’t even have his hand near the trigger. But when he’s that close, he wouldn’t quite need it, his eyes more then good enough. “Yeah. Never can be too sure those. Y’hear rumors ‘round these parts of the friendly types you might encounter, y’know?”
Avadon: “True enough, but as you can see Im just a kid out on a bit of a bike ride. What threat am I to a group of wise and worldly adults right?”
Melo: “You’re a kid, on a bike ride, in the middle of a desert, where the nearest place to stay is home to road gangers. You’ve got more then a few strikes of odd against you. Add to that, you kept coming when you saw someone pointing a gun your way rather then doing the smart thing and going a different direction, like most sane people would do. Says to me you’re looking for trouble.”
Avadon: “Most people out here find it easier to shoot people who turn and flee. Aside from that I do take offense to you calling my brothers and I gangers. Makes us sound like thugs. You see any threats out here besides yourselves?”
Melo: “After half the shit I’ve seen, I tend to consider just about everything a threat.” And an aside to the others beside him, far quieter then the shouts going back and forth, “He’s one of our targets.” And then back to the youth, even if his brain is saying shoot first, question later. “One thing I do want to know is how a kid like you got a rapsheet like you’ve got, living out in no-mans-land.”
Avadon: “Wouldn’t know, I don’t visit the city, and if I did I wouldn’t likely go visit any government buildings. They and I have a rather bitter history.” He rubs his throat. “Look, yelling is a pain, you mind if I come closer so we can talk like civil beings? I’ll keep my hands on the handlebars the whole time.”

Melo did have the advantage of a built in loud speaker, this is quite true! He really should just open fire. Problem is, he needs to know who the others are that they’re after.. After all, he never did get photos, like a fool. “Charlie, might want to prep for a fire storm.” Words spoken without the aid of his loud speaker, lips hopefully masked by the distortion of glass about his face,

Charlie gives the slightest nod and a grin
Melo: “Yeah.. Fine. Come on over. Do me a favor though, go ahead and leave the bike, just walk on over and we’ll have a chat.” He even made a show of putting his rifle in its holster on his back.
Ambrose Betamax: “Oh. he’s a kid.”

Melo nods, loud-speaker off, “Yeah. And likely in league with demons, and someone we’re being paid to bring back body parts of. I’ve seen kids his age take out half of a squad under my command before; don’t trust ’em for a minute.”
Avadon: He nods and puts the kickstand down leaving his bike behind and walks over with his thumbs hooked into his pockets. He greets all of you. “My name is Avadon and its a pleasure to meet all of you.”
Melo: “A pleasure Avadon. So, you’re the welcoming committee, eh? So why send a kid out to meet potential hostiles?”
Avadon: He grins “We assume no one is hostile until proven otherwise. Aside from that you flew in rather then drove. You intentionally landed within our space. Your either here to attack my family, another idiotic rescue mission, or your pilot was an idiot. Only the first scenario would involve hostility and could have just as easily been done from the air. My turn.” He turns to Ambrose “What are you?”
Ambrose Betamax: "uuuh I’m a Feni of the proud and pwerful betamax Tribe?
Avadon: The kid taps his forehead and mutters the word Feni. “Also, is it not common manners in the city to return an introduction or was that lost along with the care for others?”
Ambrose Betamax: “I’m Ambrose!”

Charlie Shrugs “Charlie.”

Melo would offer a friendly smile from behind that glass mask. “Gary.”
Avadon: “Alright, now that we know each other, what can I do for you? You must have come here for a reason.”
“Oh and if your metal friend damages that bike, you guys deal with what happens, I’ll be running at that point.”
Melo: “You’re probably not gonna beleve it, but Ambrose here is a Refrigerator Magnet, looking to try and find some new clients. Rest of us’re here to keep him alive and from making foolish deals, because we don’t trust anyone, and hate it when people feel like they’ve kicked a puppy when dealing with him. But, y’know, he’s somehow managed to get himself a proper business empire, so I really can’t knock it too much.” Please for the love of god, let Ambrose take the hints.
Ambrose Betamax: “Ah, speaking of which I have some great deals on refridgeration here….”
Avadon: “Well now, I can honestly say Nata would be very interested to meet you Mr. Ambrose. We’ve done our best to make this place hospitable and welcoming for those looking for an area outside the city to live. Unfortunately having to hunt fresh food is one of our downfalls. Do you have any with their own powersources?”
Ambrose Betamax: “They can! My Friend here has engineering experience for just that reason!”
(But wait, there’s more!)
(:P)

Melo nods his head. “Most the time, if you’re off the grid, tend to have to configure’em to run off an E-Clip. I’ve done a few solar jobs, but the clips tend to be a bit more stable. Guessing Nata’s one of your folks?”
Avadon: “Nata is the eldest brother of our family. Shall we start heading to my home?” He looks directly at Ambrose when he asks this.
Ambrose Betamax: “If you like!” (*is suddenly the party leader. you are all doomed)
Avadon: He turns and heads back towards his bike but asks the deerman. “You don’t object to me walking my bike along do you?”

Melo was casual about it, glad that the dragon didn’t speak English to know what was going on. “Yth re gethrisjir ekess fothisev sari wer taoul lae fevekic. Astahii nomag qe halkiva persvek creol di wer youwei batobot Ambrose ui|ulph drinlekih spical okarthel, stoda continent, tepohaic ihk sale.” Words directed to Albion.. And just as much as a test to see how likely it was that the boy spoke draconic. “Jaci ui still dout sargt though, vur yth re tenpiswo ekess nakta jacion takh, diieson lae agantal.”
Ambrose Betamax: (Ironic that he has to keep his guardian alive :P)

Melo Hit Man, Engineer, Translator… Yeah, he does a lot of stuff.
Avadon: The boy stands beside his bike still waiting for the go ahead from Ambrose to touch it since his body guard seemed nervous regarding it. “Interesting language there, I think Nata knows a few words of that.”
Albion: “kepatmasto, zyak si mi ti supposed ekess sone wer sart version di wux hak?”
Melo: “Clonzic. Yth geou ehtah wux creolnali ekess sone soon, tir ti xihood.” Words offered to the whelp, “Yeah. I know a handful of languages; helps with the boss’s dealings. I’m still leary of your bike, what with some of the rumors that go on ‘bout your place, but I’ll let the boss make the call.”
Ambrose Betamax: “I don’t see why not?”
AJ B. (GM): The kid nods and takes hold of his bike. “Makes sense to be worried about it admittedly. So mind if I ask what my rap sheet says that it warrants such immediate countermeasures?” He looks at Melo as he asks this.
Melo: “Standard stuff. Murder is the big one.” A shrug. “Magic use is another one, but I’ve never much cared for the closed minded thoughts on the use of magic. Just a harder to spot weapon is all.”
AJ B. (GM): “Ahh,” he rubs the back of his neck “yeah, how many counts on the murder? The magic thing is definitely accurate.”
Melo: “Enough to put you down for ‘Eliminate with extreme prejudice’, but out here,” a shrug, “But that’s more likely the use of magic.” Well, he seemed casual about it… But that said, he’s at least got enough in his mind for the use of deadly force now. There’s a difference between murder and manslaughter. What He is considering is murder, after all, but its contracted murder. That makes it ok. Behold the logic of Cartman!
Avadon: “No exact count huh? Well if its anything more then zero its a lie. Or does self defense only apply inside the walls?”

Melo gave a shrug. “I don’t write the laws. Hell, they likely want me for a few counts of it myself.”

Avadon nods “Fair enough” He waves ahead as the fortress comes into view. “Now before we arrive a few things. You will be asked to disarm immediately inside the meeting room and place your weapons hanging on the wall. They will be within two steps of you. Should you refuse you will be asked to remain outside of the meeting while business is discussed. Nata, Myself, and Kinik will be in attendance to represent our brothers and sisters. Please be respectful of all of us as leaders of our family. I know I am young but I have earned my place through hardship. Nata will offer you tea, which will be poured from the same pot into all cups and it is expected that you at least taste it. Tea leaves are difficult to grow here, and the tenders are discouraged when their work isnt even tasted.”
AJ B. (GM): When you come up to the gate you see a 15 foot tall fence running around the complex with a large open gate in front of you. The place appears to be a small town almost. There are even a couple patches of what appear to be farmlands. Avadon smiles and waves to those around, and although many of the people here hold the appearance of thugs and all are armed, they are hard at work on normal projects and seem quite cheerful.
Ambrose Betamax: (aaaw.)

Melo laughed just a bit at being asked to disarm. Standard protocol or not, it was going to take him a good few minutes to do so in all likelihood. “Yeah.. Likely gonna need the droid outside the door in such case. Rather not spend the time disarming him.” A door guard that likely would be able to eliminate a good number of threats was beside the point. “As for tea, think I could handle that. Guessing coffee would be out of the question?” He was still casual and relaxed about it, likely a bit better armed than most in the area.. Two rifles, three pistols, several knives, his mace.. Yeah, he’s juuuust a bit on the well armed side of things, to say nothing of the grenades strapped to his shoulders and out of view. He might even stop now and then to take a look at some of the work being done, as always flipping through various light spectrums, because one never can be too paranoid.
Avadon: “For the time being yes, should your employer and our family come to an arrangement you will be welcome to share a meal with us and coffee may be procurable for it. Nata says it pays to be gracious hosts. I don’t understand what he means but most of our deals and adoptions are completed over a good meal.”
Melo: “Well, let me ask you, if you’re not a gracious host, what would it get you? If you were in charge, what would you do differently?”
AJ B. (GM): As you all approach a large building with what appears to be a demonic helmet hanging over the doorway you see a suit of bodyarmor standing by the door apparently empty and a motorcycle leaning next to it. Avadon smiles “Kinik, please go let Nata know that we have potential business partners” With that some of the red lines wrapped around the bike untangle and fill the suit which walks inside.

Ambrose Betamax is a bit googly eyed at this.
Avadon: “Oh its not that I disagree with his choices, I just don’t really understand the full meaning of gracious. As far as I can tell it just means generous, and it has worked well. As for if I was in charge, I dont know what I’d change, its something to think on I suppose.”
AJ B. (GM): Avadon leads you into a cushy room with comfortable chairs and couches and a simple wooden door on the opposite side.
Avadon: “Please make yourselves comfortable. I do not know what Nata is up to right now so it may take time.”

Melo ahhs, “Also means being in general polite. Unlike I was when you first came up, for example. Means you’re more likely to be given respect in return if you show it first.” Though he had to whistle at the sight of the body armor being possessed by the paint of the bike. Well, THAT was unexpected, and posed a bit of a problem.. Just what was the head going to be for that? How would they explain an empty helmet? Or would it be a headlight? “So, how’d you end up here, anyways?” And when offered a seat, he’d settle, glancing at Charlie and Ambrose, and every now and again, the dragon.
Avadon: Avadon goes quiet. “I lived here, before, I ended up here after.” he bows his head and tightens his shoulders as if bracing himself against a strong wind or a storm.

Melo peers at the boy quizzically. “Before what, if I could be so brash? Gotta keep in mind, we’re not from ‘round these parts, so I don’t rightly know how long you’ve been around.”
Avadon: He rubs his eyes and balls his hand into a fist. “Before the blue came, before reality broke, before fiction became fact. I liked my life as it was, whatever god exists, he most certainly isn’t good, or any better then the damned cityfolk, who left my family to die.”
Ambrose Betamax: (aaw man, I dun wanna murder the bandits anymore)

Melo nods. Slowly. “Guessing its been a few years since you last saw an episode of the Z-Men then, eh?” Hey, in a hundred years, X was no longer the most awesome thing to use for comic books, and their TV spinoffs. “But you gotta give ’em some credit. Was hell on earth. Without the resources, was every man for themselves.”
Avadon: His eyes light up at the mention of Z-Men “Oh hell yes, It sucks too, they were just about to do the Bleak Dragon conclusion episode too. I was hoping Id get to see that.”
Ambrose Betamax: "What about X-Men? I loved the sub name “story of transsexuals…”
Avadon: At the mention of credit he shrugs “They could have done more. My mom and dad, they were going there when things started happening around me. I knew what it meant, so I ran away. I thought I’d be able to catch up later.”
He raises an eyebrow at Ambrose “X-men: Story of transectuals? Whats a trans actual?”

Melo perks, “Gah. Didn’t realize it took them half a season to get them broadcast outside of the states. They actually did a good job with closing that season out. Hinted just enough at Dr. Vunderkhan being able to get away, but—” And then a pause, “..Yeah. Sorry. Spoilers.” The likelyhood, however, of anyone ever unearthing an episode of the old cartoon was slim to nil, after all. “And yeah. We all coulda. I coulda not gone into shock when I watched a kid about your age vaporize one of my best friends, and stopped him before he took out two more of my squad. But its in the past. Rather distant past at that. We could only do so much.”

Avadon nods solemnly seeming to fully understand Melo’s hurt. Though he still looks curiously at Ambrose waiting to find out what this new word means. Unfrotunately it may have to wait as Kinik comes back out and through the visor you can more clearly see that he is a Malvoren, basically strands of muscle that can biologically bond with armor, weapons and vehicles if they so desires or take on a humanoid shape when nothing is around to bond to.
AJ B. (GM): Kinik opens the door and a couple of gangers walk out before he waves his arm. “There is a crate and hooks to the right of the door, your weapons will be within easy reach but should you threaten us with them we will defend ourselves and our home.”
Ambrose Betamax: “Oh well a transsexual is a person who chooses to go from one gender to the other. So the name is a pen, Ex-men :D”
Pun :P
“We have a few guys in my tribe that cut off their antlers and…”

Melo groans with a sigh at the deer. “Stop. Don’t say anymore.”

Ambrose Betamax coughs. “Ok.”

Melo nods at the boy, “Y’see, this is the other part of why I’m around. I keep him from saying too many stupid things.”
AJ B. (GM): Avadon seems interested but is also tensed and acting very formally as he asks “Please follow me.” He leads you into a wide open room with a circular coffee table and pillows surrounding it. He nods towards the right. “Please fully disarm and pick a seat you are comfortable with.” He then walks around the table and sits down at the left side of a short stout man with fiery red hair that has streaks of grey running through it, his face almost completely covered by a beard with only his bright blue eyes shining through to watch you. Kinik stands in the doorway and waits for you to disarm.

Ambrose Betamax does as he’s told, and does his best to find the oddest seat possible. he likes the kid and wants to see him laugh a bit.
AJ B. (GM): (well they are all pillows, though the oddest choice would probably be to sit opposite the kid as the dwarfs right hand man, unless you intend to sit on the table or in someones lap)

Melo rises though, offering a respectful nod to the walking suit of armor. “Vault. Standard non-aggression and survival protocols. Alpha Zero, N-L-Delta Seven, L-Club Five Plus.” And with that, he’d head into the room after Ambrose, complying with the requests and starting to disarm; One rifle. Hand gun. Hand gun. Auto Mag. Belt-Vibro-knife, neural mace, all carefully checked, safeties turned on.. As for his second rifle? He hesitated. Clearly. “..Mind if I just unload her? I get a bit nervous when she’s not on hand. No disrespect meant, just a soldier’s mentality.”

Ambrose Betamax sits on vaults lap.

Melo should totally crack a TSA joke at this point, if it wasn’t for the fact that no one would get it.
Ambrose Betamax: (oh he’s prob not going in)

Vault is waiting outside.
AJ B. (GM): (thats an impressive display of breaking physics since vault is probably standing too)

Ambrose Betamax uh, sits on….Charlies lap.

Vault is a walking death machine. Disarming takes too long.

Ambrose Betamax likes charlies lap, he remembers it from the mirror episode.
AJ B. (GM): Nata looks at Melo and nods. “Fair enough, unload and you may keep her near you, if your hand goes to the trigger we will assume you lied and you will die.”

Charlie growls and shoves the deerman into the pillow next to him. “That was to fix your possession, not an invitation.”

Ambrose Betamax tears up a little, but sits on the pillow.

Vault nods in agreement, “I appreciate your understanding.” An E-Clip removed, grenades loaded into the side mounted stripper clip, detached, and put along with everything else, and then he’d take a seat on the pillow nearest to the weapon, disarmed rifle safe in it’s holster on his back.
Melo: (That was from Melo)
AJ B. (GM): Avadon raises a hand to his mouth to hide it as he laughs a bit. Nata gives a polite chuckle as well. Avadon then introduces each. “The man to my right is Nata Ting leader of the fiendwheels. Beyond him is the second in command Kinik Girnch. I am Avadon third in command. We welcome you to our home with open arms and warm drink.” At this Nata lifts a teapot up from the table and pours tea into cups for each of you serving all of you first, and himself last.

Melo knew nothing of tea, when it came right down to it, aside from the stuff Lipton still made back in the day, and that all the tea in china was apparently worth a lot. A hand would lift to remove his face plate from his armor as the tea was poured, though otherwise he remained quiet, letting Ambrose be the one to take the lead. After all, he’s the dipl- ….Fuck. What has he just done?
AJ B. (GM): (roflmao)
(Thats right you just put the guy whos first instinct with 9 out of 10 living objects is “how would that feel on my dick” in charge of diplomacy.)
(Admittedly its been a while since Ambrose has hit on anyone)
Ambrose Betamax: (sorry)
AJ B. (GM): (no worries, know you are working on stuff)

Ambrose Betamax sips tea.
Ambrose Betamax: (I don’t know what it tastes like :P)
AJ B. (GM): (lol description later I think, you guys ok with calling it for the night?)
Melo: (Yeah. I kinda wanna go shopping because my roomie is awake and we have no food in the house; we ate the last of it last night)
Ambrose Betamax: (Ok, sorry about my slowness)
AJ B. (GM): (nah no worries, you said you needed to work and income takes priority)
Melo: (‘S ok! We both had a good bit of it tonight. And yeah, the art came out awesome)
Ambrose Betamax: thanks ^
AJ B. (GM): (ooo, can I see?)
Zea: Today is Saturday, January 17th, 2015. EXP is about to be given. Charlie was not here for this session.
AJ B. (GM): Exp for today is 200 each, and extra 70 for Ambrose for high levels of comedy. An extra 60 for Melo for following his alignment over his instincts.
In game Timestamp, August 15th 11:14 am.
Ambrose Betamax: ^

yaaay comedy!
Aj, thanks again for running an amazing campaign
Zea: Yeah
Thank you very much for running this game.
Ambrose Betamax: Despite my slowness at the end, this kind of really helped me hold myself together
AJ B. (GM): Thanks for playing guys, I needed it myself, week has kinda sucked and this helps me clear my head of excess bitterness and bullshit
Ambrose Betamax: ^^
AJ B. (GM): Hi Jena
how’s the day going?
Ambrose Betamax: :O
AJ B. (GM): So according to little name plate things everyones here. everyone ready to get going?
Jena C.: Yeah I’m here, ready
Zea: Yep!
Ambrose Betamax: yup
AJ B. (GM): Alright Recap time
Last time on “Selling Refrigerators to Dangerous Lunatics” Our valiant salesmen had determined that a group of roadgangers needed to be killed so they could collect the bounty on a few of their heads. Having arrived they were greeted by a single 10 year old on a bicycle. After talking for a while they were led back to the gangs compound having convinced him they just wanted to sell some refrigerators. They had just sat down to some tea that it has been requested all of them try to avoid hurting the feelings of those gangers who grow the tea. Their weapons hanging behind them within a couple steps of reach. With Vault waiting on the outside of the door.
Ambrose as you take your first sip of the tea it tastes of a soft blend of orange with a touch of cinnamon.
Ambrose Betamax: (nice! I love cinnamon…)
AJ B. (GM): The three leaders of the gang are all taking deep drinks from their respective cups and seem to enjoy it immensely.
Jena C.: (“Oh I’m sorry, did I say cinnamon? I mean poison. Haha, always get those two confused.”
(Is that 10 year old the dude we’re were told about?)
(From AJ B. (GM)): you notice something odd over the shoulder of the lead gang member. There appears to be a small shimmer in the wall at about shoulder height the size of a hand.
AJ B. (GM): (a ten year old kid, a walking suit of armor that appears to be filled with living muscle tissue, and an average human of indeterminate age)
Ambrose Betamax: (Hey, do I remember the motorcycle that it was in before? Was it the one that was following us?)

Melo would sip lightly at the tea, simply out of a respect for customs, but he’d hold off for a moment on ingesting. He couldn’t place why, he he still didn’t trust the situation he was in.
AJ B. (GM): (yes it was)
Ambrose Betamax: (the question is then, does ambrose notice? :P)
AJ B. (GM): (That would be up to you, I suspect he would since he wanted to keep it as a pet)
Ambrose Betamax: “Hey, weren’t you that motorcycle that chased us before? I remember cause I wanted to ride you….”
(Piko is not a master of tact)
AJ B. (GM): They each set down their tea cups after a moment, The Malvoren looks at Ambrose and nods without saying a word. The rest are watching carefully.
(sorry Jena misunderstood question I think, yes it is the ten year old you were told about)

Melo has quite noticed the deer’s lack of ability at social grace.
Ambrose Betamax: “That was like, the COOLEST THING EVER!” proceeds to ask a million silly questions about how that works
AJ B. (GM): The Malvoren seems a bit surprised by your interest but indulges you with stories of how his people function as basically tech symbiotes, infusing any tech they wish into their bodies but tend to focus on more warlike machinery to the point that normal vehicles are harmful to bind with.

Melo listens, taking an actual sip of his tea after a few minutes of it showing no signs of ill effect on Charlie, or the dragonling. The deer? It’s too hard to tell with him.
AJ B. (GM): After a bit the leader speaks up. “So if I understand correctly you are here to help us improve life at our little compound correct?”

Ambrose Betamax is very excited by all this and just loves this particular person(entity?). They’ll get along famously!
Jena C.: (oh is Charlie actually there?)
(From AJ B. (GM)): The shimmering grows larger to the size of a man and Niemand steps through the wall and leans against it
AJ B. (GM): (yeah, went with npcing to keep him near the group)
(current group thats there, is Melo, Charlie, Ambrose, Albion, and Vault. Vault is outside the door, rest are inside at the table.)

Melo might tense just a little, but otherwise seems to be quite intent to listen to the strange creature, even if his eyes were fixated on something… Granted, with those mechanical things that didn’t actually move, it was difficult to figure out just where the optical sensors were directed.
AJ B. (GM): (ok just to make sure it wasn’t missed, is anyone going to respond to the leaders question there?)

Melo is going to let Ambrose do the talking; they came here under the pretence of the deer being the businessman, and the rest of them bodyguards and advisors against being dumb or being taken advantage of.
Jena C.: (Yeah I really don’t know what to say I’d have to back read to see what lies were told and I’m feeling lazy. All I know is fridges.)

Ambrose Betamax takes a moment to realize he’s supposed to talk here. “So you can also do suits of armor and stuff Could you be a fridge if it had like, missiles on i-oh right yes, we thought we might be able to help you with keeping your perishables for longer…”
Jena C.: (Which is actually not entirely a lie. I can enchant a broken fridge with my new power and it’ll work.)
Melo: (Quick synopsis: We’ve been dropped off under the pretence of looking to expand Ambrose’s refrigeration business from off continent. Charlie, Melo, Vault and Albion are along as his entourage; body guards, repairs, business advisors, ect. But the deer is the boss)
(From AJ B. (GM)): Niemand steps up behind the leader and shapes his hands into devils horns over his head, shapes a halo over the kids head, and a question mark over the malvorens
Melo: (Real reason: We want their heads.)

Melo chuckles just a bit before shaking his head at something, then sipping at his tea again.
AJ B. (GM): The leader nods at Ambrose “Excellent, however we will need whatever you have to be self sustaining. The city has denied us access to power.”
Ambrose Betamax: “Ah, that’s where chief cooling imagineer Diz Walters here comes in…Walt?”
(yeah melo I just made you into a Walt Disney joke)
Jena C.: (Where we assigned names or did Ambrose make that up just now)
*Were
Ambrose Betamax: (I made that up :P)

Charlie sits staring off into space since there were no designated names.

Ambrose Betamax stares at melo, gesturing with his miiiind
AJ B. (GM): (and theres it is) The kid looks back and forth. “I thought you said your name was Gary?”
Ambrose Betamax: “it is. I just like messing with him.”

Melo had introduced himself as Gary; Doesn’t think Charlie gave a pseudonym. A smile cracked across his face; he got the joke; Disney didn’t lose their copywrite on Micky until 2072, after all. It’s quite possible that the boy mighta gotten the joke, too. “Well, you can go with E-Clip power easily enough. Figure a single clip could make a standard size fridge last for a few weeks at a time if you keep it on a low draw. If you’re looking for a full sized walk in model though, think it’d flat line it after a day or two.” And the question would draw a nod, “Yeah, but Diz Walters sounds cooler, doesn’t it?”
Ambrose Betamax: (when we get home melo is going to murder me)
AJ B. (GM): The kid nods in agreement. “Definitely. Dont know why you’d go by Gary when thats on the table.”

Melo laughs, “Mostly because its easier to keep track of one name rather than eleven.”
AJ B. (GM): The boss looks at the lot of you and nods. “Well E-clips we can gather as needed and with that timeframe it shouldnt be impossible to keep at least a few running. I don’t suppose you have any of your products with you do you?”
Melo: “But that said, you’d still want to keep them in in the shade and such. And unfortunately, lugging around a show model from Germany does prove to be a bit difficult this day and age. Shipping, yeah, that’s doable, but when you build to spec, and get air dropped in just to see about prospects, tends to be a smidge more difficult.”
AJ B. (GM): He nods, “Understandable. Tell me, would any of you be, hmmm uncomfortable with me verifying your company?”
Ambrose Betamax: (lol melo, we’ve been made)
(From AJ B. (GM)): Niemand shakes his head furiously and says “Don’t do it.”
Charlie: (What’s he mean by verify)
(Cuz like, charlie’s tags are up to date and he has all his shots. )
Ambrose Betamax: (I think he means look us up and make sure we’re a real company)
Charlie: (oh oh okay)
Ambrose Betamax: (Do I know the names of any current fridge manufacturers?)
Charlie: (For some reason I took company as in the company you keep, not company
*not an actual company

Melo tilted his head just a bit at the question, “Well, we’re not licenced out of the main city, if that’s what you’re looking for. Ambrose, how’s the paperwork for that been coming along, anyways? Or did you let your cat ruin it again?” Well, he tried to be smooth about it.
Ambrose Betamax: (Do you really wanna ask ambrose? he is not smooth)

Melo has to keep up the act!
AJ B. (GM): “Oh I wouldn’t be checking with the Administration here anyways. You said you were based out of Germany correct? I can have someone check there easily enough. Just would prefer to do it in the open then go behind your backs.”
(Ambrose I need a percentage roll from you)
Ambrose Betamax: rolling 1d100
(
21
)
= 21
“sure, you can look us up. We trade under the name “Buchanensberg Carbonite Cooling and Consulting”."
AJ B. (GM): He nods at that, and a small rift opens on the table. An imp hops out of it and chatters something in Demogogian. (anyone speak that?)

Melo does!
Ambrose Betamax: (not me I dun think)

Charlie stares just a bit at Ambrose. That actually sounded a tiny bit legit.

Melo tripple checks.
Charlie: (I thihnk I do)
(Yes I speak goblin)

Melo does; picked it up, very slowly, over many years.
AJ B. (GM): (goblin is goblelly)
Charlie: (I’m sitting at 78 percent, dunno if that’s needed)
Melo: (This is demonic and gargoyle)
Charlie: (it’s demongoogleyguck I speak it)
AJ B. (GM): (ok, just needed to be sure lol)
(roll it both of you)
Charlie: rolling 1d100< 78
(
1
)
= 1 Successes
U:
Melo: rolling 1d100 < 75
(
59
)
= 59
Ambrose Betamax: (hey charlie I think you made it)
Charlie: “and charlie never rolled a 1 ever again”
(I understood the shit out of that thing)
Melo: (You could likely correct the imp’s pronunciation with a roll like that)
(From AJ B. (GM)): you here the conversation between them go like this. “What da fuck you want ye dickweed” Boss sighs and says "Please check if their is a refrigeration company called “Buchanensberg Carbonite Cooling and Consulting. Start with germany and work your way out.”

Charlie sits somewhat nervously, trying to spy places for cover from fire or somewhere to run if things go bad
AJ B. (GM): Ambrose you hear gibberish aside from the name of the company.
after their brief conversation the imp vanishes and the boss leans back and waits.

Melo chuckles, “Zipw o baid taisw af swos afy. Swos ofu qou sa zwaq lyzhyps sa uail xyssylz?”
AJ B. (GM): (only cover would be under the table, which is basically just a coffee table. Only place to run would be the closed door behind you.
The boss looks surprised at Melo then turns and focuses on him
“Wy’z ab swy daqyl hdofyz, ofk ab swy daq pdozz, uai pof’s yghyps tipw blat swyt. Qwu ka uai zhyon wez safriy swairw, ez swyly tipw podd bal uail qaln qesw swazy qwa dejy ef pafzsofs bdotyz?”
(translator if wanted http://arryhenrae.tripod.com/ )

Melo gave a simple response, “Yjyf Rolraudyz deny sa nyyh baak blyzw bal dafryl. Xizefyzz ez xizefyzz, ofk zhyonefr swy safriy wydhz.” And then a glance at the deer. “And he needs a translator for quite a few tongues. Easier to keep ones around that can get him out of a jam and is harder to break then one of the digital devices.”
AJ B. (GM): He nods. The boy shivers as if he is worried about something and starts glancing around.
Ambrose Betamax: (that demon is gonna come back and say "well the company exists but the bosss has no idea who the eff they are)
(From AJ B. (GM)): you see Niemand placing a hand into the boys head.
AJ B. (GM): The Malvoren turns to Ambrose “Why choose Australia to expand into? Surely there are better countries?”

Melo just glanced at the boy, tilting his head questioningly, though he didn’t seem to be looking directly at the shivering human.
(From AJ B. (GM)): After a couple minutes Niemand removes his hand and shrugs but mutters the words “Be ready.” Before turning and walking through the wall taking his leave once more.
AJ B. (GM): Before Ambrose can answer the imp returns and leans towards the boss, whispering and speaking at an incredible speed. (rolls from both of you at -20%)
Melo: rolling 1d100< 55
(
98
)
= 0 Successes

Melo simply nods once, hand already moving up, pausing at his jawline as if to scratch at an itch. Damn his inability to transmit psychic messages to his companions. Yep, he was going for his helmet.

Ambrose Betamax keeps right on with the conversation, pretty much completely oblivious.
Charlie: rolling 1d100< 58
(
97
)
= 0 Successes
LMAO
(From AJ B. (GM)): " Es ez of yfsylhlezy ab swez nefk. Wez . Wyokviolsylz ez kotf bol zatyqwyly erlafeo hdopy Xitbipn . Foty ab swy Tozsyl ez Oirizs , woz xollepokyk wetzydb blat ossopnz . Lital woz es swos poty sa yolsw qoz sa kepnefr obsyl E lyridol deby wydd ".
AJ B. (GM): The boss nods and sends the imp away then looks at Ambrose. “Alright, Why did you lie to me and my brothers?”

Ambrose Betamax freezes.
AJ B. (GM): “Well August? Are you really so afraid of us? Do you think we would make guests into hostages? Is the muscle you surround yourself with not sufficient?”
Ambrose Betamax: “uuuuh, …Greg, or Diz, or uh….What do I do now ?”

Charlie clears his throat before addressing the “clients” “Honestly, we’ve been met with a lot of hostility. Being a d-bee is already practically a sin in the eyes of half the city here. Tagging a big company name to ours in hopes of getting a foot into the door was the plan. It was in the best of intentions.”

Melo casually clips his helmet into place, “And in most of the outlands I’ve been to.”
AJ B. (GM): He looks at Charlie then raises an eyebrow. “So are you telling me you are not with BCC&C? and simply used their name to get the city to look past your race?”

Charlie sweats internally. “Do I look like someone that the city would normally give the time of day?” The witchwolf pulls back his lips as awkwardly as he could to show off his HF13 grin just to prove his point.

Ambrose Betamax is a deer in metaphorical headlights and needs to be rebooted.
AJ B. (GM): The Malvoren immediately stands up and backs up to the wall and uses it for support as he closes his eyes and mutters something in his native tongue.

Melo held up a hand, “Cool it. He’s local, and a contractor. As far as Ambrose? Can you ever be too paranoid?” He’d clap a hand on the back of the frozen deer. “I don’t take too kindly to people who’re in contact with demons, nor do the folks where we come from. You think we’d be in business for much longer after we got home if word got out that the head of the company is dealing with them? Gargoyles’re one thing. There’s a few fringe communities of them that have warned of impending attacks. We’re permitted to trade with them.”

Melo continues on, “It was his idea to come out here. Betterment of life for all, demons be damned. Was at my insistence that he give a false name, just in case.”
AJ B. (GM): The other two nod. The boss shrugs “True enough I suppose.” at Charlie. He then turns to Melo “Hmm, that kind of prejudice must run deep to stretch so far out.” He then turns to Ambrose “Well I do greatly appreciate your concern for us.”
Melo: “Bad blood that runs well into the past.”
Charlie: (boy are they gonna be mad when we kill them)

Melo has gotten better at bomb defusal. (2).
AJ B. (GM): “Alright, I suppose I can understand, and our reputation is obviously not the best. I’m well aware of the price on our heads and our title as what was it again? ‘The most dangerous and degenerate gang to be found in all the outback’?”

Ambrose Betamax bips back online mid-sentance. “And the Luftwaferator will meet both your cooling and air superiority needs.”
Ambrose Betamax: “oh. right.”
AJ B. (GM): The boss’ eyes light up at the words “Air Superiority” and he focuses fully on Ambrose. “and how much might that model cost us in trade?”
Ambrose Betamax: (He wants to actually buy the anti air fridge? lol)

Melo can only think of Breathtastic Canned Air now.
Charlie: (guys)
(We need a walk in model)
AJ B. (GM): (remember the whole, pilots get left alone when flying over thing?)
Charlie: (Get all three inside, close the door. Cast my spell)
Ambrose Betamax: “That’s uh, really up to what my friend can do for you…”
AJ B. (GM): (which we will now build, out of the parts we can scavenge from the guns, Melo’s armor, and Vault)

Melo waves a hand dismissively. “Air Superiority is a tongue in cheek joke about building an Air Conditioning unit into the fridge.”
AJ B. (GM): He tilts his head. “Ahh, I take it you do not deal in the minutiae of day to day runnings and simply delegate lesser tasks?” At Melo’s words his face falls and he seems very down about that. “Ahh, I see. That is disappointing.”
Ambrose Betamax: (aaw)
“whaat you could do it melo…”
(the incredible flying fridge)
Melo: “That said, those models tend to go for a premium in the hotter climates, and would chew through an E-Clip within a day. Might not be as bad during the winter, but summers down here..” A shrug. “And you know what I can do August. I fix things when I get paid for it, and shoot people when they don’t pay for it.”
AJ B. (GM): The Malvoren seems to calm some and returns to his seat and whispers to his boss. who then seems to become stonefaced.
Ambrose Betamax: (something tells me we are going to need lots of guns soon)
AJ B. (GM): “I do believe we have just hit on a rather important issue. Now then, would you like to stop this charade, or shall we continue. The more time we spend on it, the more I learn about you.”
(Care to guess which word gave you away?)

Ambrose Betamax is knocked right back offline. it doesn’t take much….
Melo: (Ambrose using Melo’s name.)
Ambrose Betamax: (Ambrose is baaad at that stuff)
AJ B. (GM): (yep) The boy looks surprised and the Malvoren quickly mutters something to him in his own tongue. Just a single word. The boys eyes alight with the blue energy of leylines and he growls slamming his hands on the table. “LIARS!”
Ambrose Betamax: (well uh, this is a problem.)
AJ B. (GM): (horror factor roll from all of you. a -3 to Melo due to knowing what could be coming)
Ambrose Betamax: rolling 1d20 + -1
(
10
)-1
= 9
Melo: rolling 1d20
1
(
4
)1
= 5
Charlie: rolling 1d20
9
(
3
)+9
= 12
(wow dice are really killing me today)
(are we on a leyline?)
Ambrose Betamax: (can I go down like one of those fainting goats?)
AJ B. (GM): (sure)
Charlie: :D!

Melo would attempt to mutter out “Club Five Protocol” As the conversation turned rather unpleasant.. At least until the boy started to rage.
Charlie: rolls around on the leyline like a dog in grass
(That was OOC)
AJ B. (GM): (on both of going down and the leyline, you’re actually on a nexus atm)

Ambrose Betamax springs out of his chair as his limbs stiffen up, and topples over, laying face-down on the ground.
Charlie: EVEN BETTER
AJ B. (GM): (however all of you failed even Albion on the hf check, so a minimum of one round paralysis)
Charlie: (I can now teleport)
Ambrose Betamax: (I can faint!)
Charlie: (I’d ilke to see if I can teleport away with the other two)
(gonna look up how it works)

Vault can be heard outside the door with a high pitched whine of a death cannon warming up.
AJ B. (GM): The Malvoren shifts to behind you and places his arms over all of your weapons. Nata waves a hand at Avadon. “Calm Avadon, remember your lessons. We can’t rebuild this place every time.” The boys eyes fade and he balls his hands into fists. “Please forgive him. The passion of youth is not easy to control.”
(round of fear is over and everyones able to take actions if they wish)

Ambrose Betamax burbles as his limbs juuust start to come back online.
AJ B. (GM): There is a yell from outside the door and the boss sighs. “You know, it’d be such a shame to take our heads just to die outside. Melo? Would you be so kind as to call him off, so we may discuss terms like civil beings?”

Melo is glad for his paranoia; he still had his rifle, and though it’s E-Clip was removed, that didn’t mean the other’s he was equipped with weren’t left behind. Sure, it’d take him a moment, but as far as he was concerned, this was now going to very quickly turn into a fire fight. Instead of acting on such an impulse however, he’d be moving a hand to his shoulder, words would be uttered under his breath for a moment.. At least until the human spoke, “Non-Lethal.” was his reply. “You know why we’re here. I took a job, and you consort with demons. Civility gets us so far.”
Ambrose Betamax: (haay you called me ambrose before I called you melo. just saying :P)
Melo: (That’s because you gave Ambrose as your name..!)
Charlie: (Question
Is the room we are in completely closed off
AJ B. (GM): (yep, its a room with one door in or out, and that door is shut and behind you atm)
Charlie: o wo
Melo: (And made of wood, right?)
Charlie: (Flynt if shit goes down Ican keep reinforcements from coming in)
(regardless of what the door is made of
(Granted that keeps vault from coming in as well)

Vault would also likely be doing what he can to keep reinforcements out. But that’s beside the point.
Charlie: (I can keep people out of this room… for 50 years)
Melo: (That’d be bad, considering we’ve got 8 days)
Ambrose Betamax: (unless someone blows up the whole room?)
Charlie: (Well. 1 year to us would be 1 minute to them)
(the spell ends if you open the room)
Ambrose Betamax: (wow then when it ended they’d be all “whats with all the dessicated skeletons”)
Charlie: (lmao suddenly skeleton army)
(unless the room locks from the outside only we can just open the door and end the spell)
AJ B. (GM): “Well now, lets not jump to conclusions. You want our heads, thats fine. Its to be expected but things would go smoother if we could all be open with each other.” He then goes around the table. “I am Nata Ting, leader of the fiendwheels and often called the Technodemon by those around me.” He points to the boy. “This is Avadon, Child Prodigy, also known as The Blue Terror.” He points behind you to Malvoren “That is Kinik Girch, often called Ghostcycle.” He then points to Melo. “You are Melo, Moral Mercenary.” Points to Ambrose. “Ambrose Affectionate Ambassagor” Points to Charlie “Charlie, Hallucinatory Hunter” He looks at Albion and then shrugs. “I do not have the young dragons name in my records it seems.”

Ambrose Betamax is still on the gound twitching a bit :P

Melo blinks. Unseen, but a blink. “…Ambassagor?”

Charlie squints. Not sure if that’s a nod at him chasing bunnyips or him tripping out so much ON the bunnyips.
Melo: (See, I don’t know if that’s a typo or not)
Charlie: (honestly with Ambrose I wouldn’t be surprised if that was his title)
AJ B. (GM): (its a typo)
Ambrose Betamax: (along with a lot of letters)
Melo: (Haha. Drat)
AJ B. (GM): (admittedly it may change over time)
Melo: (Because I could totally see that as a real title.)
AJ B. (GM): (exact details of your exploits arent around, just rumors)
(but yeah could definitely see that being or becoming his title.)
Albion: “I Am Albion, supreme dragon of this land.”
Ambrose Betamax: “frgle. I din’t know I was an Ambssador…”
Melo: (I thought Albion lacked English)
Ambrose Betamax: “I’m his guardian!”
AJ B. (GM): (good point, ignore that)
Nata nods. “mmm, you are aware that is a female dragon correct?”
“Still you must be quite special to have been entrusted with such a task.”
Ambrose Betamax: (beeeep going back in time tho. I assume Albion just said that in draconic then?)
AJ B. (GM): (nah, wouldnt have responded since didnt understand)
Ambrose Betamax: (in that case I had nothing to chime in to :P)
AJ B. (GM): (I figured it was a response to Nata mentioning not knowing about the dragon)
Ambrose Betamax: (oh, that works then)

Melo responds, casually, “You know why we’re here. I know you value your life, and those of those around here, to not want this to turn into a fiery blood bath, and I’d rather limit casualties to none outside the intended targets. And I’m fairly sure that none of us are going to walk out of here without a fight, because we’re on other sides of the table. The city wants him alive, and there’s no way in hell I’d have him subjected to the tests they’re liable to perform.”
Ambrose Betamax: (can I retcon he to she?)

Melo doesn’t think he ever actually told Ambrose the dragon’s gender.
AJ B. (GM): (sure)
Ambrose Betamax: (thanks ^^)
AJ B. (GM): Nata sighs. “If you kill me at my own table, or any of us for that matter, you have to fight through, I think we’re up to 500 men, 300 women, and something like 60 children on your way out. I don’t like those odds, and frankly Im disappointed you’d kill your host when at his own table. Thought the moral merc would have better manners then that.”
“You are correct, however that I value our lives, and those under my command.”
Melo: “Not my kind of odds, either; consider my opinion on the situation colored by the demons. If you’d care to walk out peacefully, and have a duel in the open, I’m sure it’d be much safer for everyone around here. Not exactly my kind of fight because you’re quite likely to soundly trounce me, but what’cha gonna do? Tea was good, by the way.” A nod given down at his finished cup.
AJ B. (GM): “Well if it must come down to blows I’d prefer to meet you on the field that my kind honors best. Of course that is entirely up to you and yours. But before we go to that perhaps we could discuss what the value on each of our heads is. We could perhaps buy off the bounty?”
Avadon growls “They dont deserve to set foot on the track.”

Melo glanced at the boy. “The conversation we’re having right now? THIS is called being a gracious host. Vault, stand down, Alpha Zero protocols. We’ve been rude guests, we’ve been liars, and still he’s going out of his way to be nice and polite to us. He’s trying to talk everyone out of killing each other. You’ve got yourself a damn fine brother, and someone to look up to as a proper leader. He is STILL going out of his way to be gracious. We all could do well to learn from his example.” And then back to the human. “Frankly, its a matter of honor and word. Breaking my word isn’t something I’m keen on, nor is reporting failure. Payment be damned, I’ve got my word to keep, because it’s all I’ve got. I’m open to suggestions on what you think it’ll take; I presume you know why we want your heads at this rate.”
AJ B. (GM): He shakes his head. "Well the information we have from the city indicates we are considered a threat and wanted for various crimes. I’d call what we’ve taken fair payment for passage through our land. and make no mistake, it is Our land. We held it from invasion, we set up on this nexus, and we choose to live here with all its ups and downs. Those who pay for passage are watched over from out of sight to ensure safe passage. Those who refuse and choose to fight are killed. This has been the law of the land for many years. Anyone who travels beyond “civilization” is undoubtedly familiar with how dangerous leylines are. The consorting with demons is quite true as you’ve witnessed. However our records only show that we are wanted and by reputation we are familiar with each of you. My sources are quite good as you have seen. However the only oddity is that you never officially locked in the cities bounty, thus preventing others from collecting on it. Perhaps you are confident that you can defend your prize or bring it back without trouble, or you are after our heads on a more personal matter, one my sources were not able to find."
“Finally those who have been lost or rifted in are given safehaven for two weeks, then they are provisioned to make the trip to the city if they wish, or if they desire to stay are tested and given a suitable job in our compound and are allowed to stay for as long as they please.”
Ambrose Betamax: “er, they don’t seem like bandits like we were told….”
AJ B. (GM): He chuckles “Oh make no mistake by most definitions we are bandits. We don’t guard our borders, too much manpower. What we do is what most see as a shakedown. They come onto our land, knowingly or not, and attempt to cross. We find them and demand payment.”
“Or that they turn around the way they came and leave”
Avadon shakes his head. “Fair is fair, bandits steal. We just want payment for use of what is ours.”

Melo nods at Ambrose. “Look at them as a separate tribe, protecting their lands. The issue is that the tribe is on lands that Melbourne considers their own.” And then he glanced at Charlie, and fell quiet for a moment, as if lost in thought.
(To GM): did Melo ever see the contract and it’s wording for these guys?
AJ B. (GM): "You asked for suggestions as well. Unforunately if its the city thats after our heads My best option would be to announce a challenge for leadership on “The Track” my people would recognize that challenge and itd be a fair fight between me and my lieutenants and three of you."
(From AJ B. (GM)): between you and Charlie if he showed it to you
Melo: “..Hey Charlie. The contract list the names of the leaders?”
Ambrose Betamax: “I’d rather not kill anyone if I had a choice…”

Melo reaches out, and lightly pats Ambrose’s head. “And mind if I hazard you for another cup of tea?” Look at that, in a conversation about killing each other, and he’s asking for tea. Too bad he doesn’t know the significance of a half and full cup.
Charlie: “It might have. I think I see where you’re going with this.” (Can charlie pull up the contract right now?)
AJ B. (GM): (sure)
Charlie: (Can you type up the part about the fiends please?)
(as it would be seen in the contract)
AJ B. (GM): Contract: Charlie is hereby contracted to bring the heads of the top 3 commanders of the gang known as the fiendwheels to Administrator Giovans Mansion so that they may be placed on display at the party occurring on August 23rd for the duration of the event. Upon which the heads will be returned or disposed of based on the desires of Charlie. Each head brought in will be compensated with 10,000 credits per rank in the hierarchy. thus 10,000 for the third, 20,000 for the 2nd, and 30,000 for the first. Should all three be delivered entirely intact and undamaged a bonus of either 60,000 credits, or three guaranteed favors of anything within an Administrators power will also be given.
Ambrose Betamax: “hey you know, I’m pretty good at make-up…”

Melo quietly skims through the contract should it be passed over, then glances up with a bit of a shrug. “I’ve got a loophole. Still not fond of loopholes that defy the spirit of my word, but in a city like that, at times its the letter they care about.” And he’d sit back a bit, but he still had his helmet on, despite asking for more tea. “They’re asking for heads. They’re not saying severed.”
AJ B. (GM): He nods and pours another cup. “Happily. Well, mind telling me, is it the city who wants our heads or a personal vendetta. Also might I take a look at your contract?”
Ambrose Betamax: “Or you could declare three random dead guys leader, and have us bring in those heads.”
Charlie: (> n> He’s gonna ask for a cut isn’t he?)
Ambrose Betamax: (I think not shooting him to smithereens counts as a cut, right?)
Charlie: (That was my impression but bandits)

Melo passed the bit of paper back to Charlie. “It’s a game of one-ups-man-ship. No vendetta. It’s a show of power, and I’m a well paid pawn. And it’s his contract. That said, care to go to a party in..” A glance at his wrist, where he’s still not wearing a watch. “Seven days and 14 hours?”
AJ B. (GM): (credits are acutally fairly useless to them out here)
Ambrose Betamax: “actually, the people involved would probably be happy with that. they are a pretty whimsical bunch.”
Melo: [Insert correct time frame there]
AJ B. (GM): (well charlie do you let the man who consorts with demons and has a child as his third in command see the contract?)
Charlie: (none of that matters to me, I regularly hunt demons and eat their eyeballs)
(also based on the witchwolf stuff I read consorting with deamons seems like something my people would probably be okay with XD)
~ n~ and I won’t if it has my personal information on it)
then again my address is probably be blown to smitherines soon anyway)
Melo: (It has your name, and the name of your employer on it)
Charlie: (Think it’d hurt much if he saw the employer name? I doubt it)
AJ B. (GM): (if you plan to bring him to the party he’d hear it at some point)

Charlie shows the contract as a sign of good faith.
AJ B. (GM): He looks it over and nods. “Alright, I suppose we can go on two conditions.”

Melo undoes his helmet, reafixing it to it’s mounting bracket. “One, you’re let in alive, two, you’re let out alive, three, we get you a fridge?” His tone was warm and in jest before he’d sip at his tea again.
AJ B. (GM): “First of all, we have your assurance that we will be protected while within the city, and not promptly arressted, imprisoned, killed etc.”
Ambrose Betamax: “….I kind of want a luftwafferator now.”
AJ B. (GM): “Close, and almost accurate. your payment. The credits are all yours. but Charlie there swears me a blood oath that the three favors will be used immediately upon collection to pardon Myself, Kinik, and Avadon of all crimes.”
“I’m tempted to ask for declaration as an official city but more then one Administrator is required for that.”

Melo quietly sips at his tea. “Should bring a few boxes of this with you. Or at least, one box, if you can spare it. It’s not coffee, but its good stuff.”
AJ B. (GM): “I will see what our supplies our looking like later. For now I have one question. You take issue with my summoning demons Melo, but tell me, how would you feel about knowing they are contained?”

Charlie scratches his chin. “I don’t think pardoning your crimes is going to help much if you keep committing crimes.”
Melo: “A mistake lets them free. I’ve seen what happens when mistakes are made. I’d rather not take that chance.”
AJ B. (GM): “It will guarantee we walk free from the city, and it lowers the bounty until they can justfiy a new one.”
“Bueracracies tend to take forever to get their shit together. I figure we’ll get a year, maybe two before the bounties get high again. Aside from that it should remove Avadon’s biggest mistake from their records.”
Avadon laughs nervously and puts his head down as if embarrassed.
Melo: “Or you could try and go clean. What’re your established borders? What can your community offer in trade? What can we use to start a dialog for trade? Not going to lie, it’ll be a one sided deal for a long while. But a good number of you’re human.”
AJ B. (GM): He laughs bitterly. “All we can offer in trade is what we grow out here, or the modifications I do to our vehicles, and the city wants nothing to do with either.”

Melo points at the tea. “You’ve got this.”
AJ B. (GM): “Well that and the credits we collect and stockpile from our tolls. They’re useless to us but we do hope to buy the land if the city would acknowledge the sale one day.” He shrugs “Unfortunately we don’t grow much of that. The rest of the land we use currently supplies us with food, which unfortunately is more vital then the niceties.”
Ambrose Betamax: (I’m sorry all, I’m dying here. would it be ok if AJ NPC-ified me?)
Melo: (Sleep well, yesyes?)
Ambrose Betamax: (thanks, sorry ^^)
AJ B. (GM): (works for me, up to you guys)
Charlie: “I can make the request to get you pardoned but I’m not promised anything, so I couldn’t promise you results”
Melo: “Hum..” A shrug. “Can you give me a hard map of the land you’d consider yours, at the least?”
AJ B. (GM): Nata looks at Melo and jumps back a bit in the conversation. “I suppose you’re right, we have had the occassional escape. Most of my crew is very careful with their bikes however.”
“I can, I assume you won’t object to my getting up to let someone know to bring one? Or if you prefer there are at least a few of my men outside with your bot.”
Melo: “Most isn’t all. And by all means, feel free. He’s been told to stand down. I still disagree with your summoning of demons. I’ve got too much bad blood with them to let that go. Doesn’t mean you shouldn’t have the right to ruin your lives if you so choose by consorting with them. The issue becomes a matter of them getting loose in this world. It puts the city at risk. It put lives at risk. You’re four days out by car; a Demon could cross that gap in hours, and its those kinds that I worry about.” A sip of tea. “The least I can do is have proper borders established so that travelers know what to expect.”
AJ B. (GM): He gets up and sticks his head out the door and asks for one of them to bring a map before returning to his seat. As he does he places a hand on Kinik’s shoulder and the Malvoren shifts from his place blocking your weapons. “If the city can be done in by a an imp or two, its in worse shape then I thought. Only my most trusted lieutenants have anything more dangerous in their bikes. Since Kinik interacts badly his is just modified by his own hand. So in the camp there are quite a few with imps, Mine and Avadons are a bit more substantial admittedly, but they are also better contained.”
Charlie: (I’m fading myself here too)
AJ B. (GM): (you guys want to call it a night then?)
Melo: (I’m ok with that)
(Today was productive! If a bit less shooty then expected)
AJ B. (GM): (side effect of dealing with intelligent beings Im afraid. Intelligent mortal things tend to recognize risking their life as last resort material)
(especially when you’re an sdc creature and half the shit that wanders around could flatten you with a palm)
Melo: (True! And AJ, you want to make the EXP ctrl F call, or should I?)
AJ B. (GM): (you go for it)
Zea: Today is Sunday, January 25th, 2015. EXP is about to be given.
AJ B. (GM): In Game Timestamp August 15th 5:30 pm.
exp for the session, 300 each.
It was fun tonight guys.
Zea: For sure.
Thank you again for hosting.
AJ B. (GM): no problem, happy to do it.
and sleep well Jena
Charlie: thanks for hosting
I’ll be up, I’m just too tired to read and pay attention x__x
AJ B. (GM): ahh, makes sense, some days are like that.
Zea: You’re still fighting sick
Charlie: yeah the words are starting to blur together in big huge shapes
AJ B. (GM): well at least I can stop fighting with my cat over who gets the keyboard lol
Charlie: lol
AJ B. (GM): she’s hijacked the numpad with two of her paws
Zea: ha
AJ B. (GM): been trying to use the whole thing as a bed for most of this game too
Jacob R.: whoops sorry
AJ B. (GM): yay, everyone is here.
no worries.
recap theatre time.
Last time on Pets, Pants, and Post Mortem, Our heroes traveled deep into the outback to collect the heads of the leaders of the most feared Roadgangers out there, only to find them oddly peaceful and accomodating, if very strange. Having negotiated a peaceful method of collecting their reward and completing their job, things seem to be wrapping up nicely.
Ambrose Betamax: (yay!)
AJ B. (GM): Nata looks across the table at the group of you and asks “So do you want us to come with you early, or how do we want to go about scheduling this?”
You all notice something odd, the room appears to have become awash in blue light.
(Also, need a quick verification on something. Melo is the only one in fully environmental armor right?)
Ambrose Betamax: (well, I can adapt to any environment if that helps)

Vault is made of environmental armor and doesn’t need to breath. Does that count?

Melo seems relaxed, despite is continued general distrust of demons all around. “Well, it’s the city. One way or another, there’ll be paperwork filled out to get you into the city. That likely needs to be done in advance to ensure you’re not shot on sight, and frankly, I’d still rather meet you outside as an escort.”
AJ B. (GM): (nah, this is more I need to know who has all their vital parts inside a fully sealed thing)
Nata nods and then looks around “Oh, hmm, hope this is” As he is saying that a blaring alarm blasts through the entire complex. “Damn it, thats bad.”
Ambrose Betamax: (oh dear)
Jena C.: I’m wearing my armor but nothing more special)
AJ B. (GM): (and iirc your armor isnt enviro sealed either, since it interferes with magic)
Charlie: ( I don’t think it is)
AJ B. (GM): Nata points to your weapons. “Grab those now.” He barks orders at you as his two subordinates immediately run off and out.

Charlie wrinkles his nose. “What’s going on?”

Ambrose Betamax grabs his weapons…and anything shiney that happens to be around

Melo responded first by sealing his helmet at the alarm. “Vault, status.” Even as he spun about, he was attempting to rearm himself; E-Clip in the rifle, grenades to follow before going for his pistols and knives.
(From Vault): “Commander all potential hostiles have left the building due to some form of alarm.”
AJ B. (GM): Nata looks at Charlie. “Demons invading the compound through rifts opening during a storm. I’ll understand if you want to run, if you wish to help though, the front gate with the tea fields is one of the least defended areas.”
Melo: “Vault, tea fields. Protect civies. Presume Club Eight protocol until threat has passed.” Words came spilling out from within his headset even as he continued to rearm. “And this is why I don’t trust demons.” A knife in his boot, auto mag secured, and a moment spent to try and swap out the dart gun needles for something a bit more potent; no SDC needles here.
(From Vault): “Commander, no civilians, three demons of unrecognized form, appear to be hunting and searching at this time.”

Ambrose Betamax follows melo, ready to shoot at stuff but just as ready to peacefully negotiate with the obviously misunderstood demons.

Melo prattles on. “Alright Nata, you know the compound better than I. Vault, size? We’ve got three outside on the prowl, they’re not in the droid’s databanks.” He’s still safe within that room for the moment, though his rifle was set on high, safety off. “What’re we up against?”
Charlie: (It better not be a swarm of bunnyips. We’ll have ambrose demon bend them all like paper)
AJ B. (GM): Nata shrugs “Without any information on visual, I can’t verify and unfortunately I need to get to where I’m needed. All I can tell you” As he gets up and starts walking towards the door. “is that they may stay there for a while, theres a few living quarters, those will be empty until the threat passes.” With that he heads out the door, and rushes off. As he is running outside he swears loudly and yells back “Death Demons”
(From Vault): “Commander, I believe they heard him, though he got away quickly, they appear to have seen me.”
Charlie: (roll for demon lore?)
Vault: (yeah, if you want to know more about them)
Melo: “Right folks. Focus fire, burn ‘em down. They’re inbound. We’ve got folks that may have a bounty on their heads, but that don’t mean we should be letting them be taken by demons.” And with that, he’d slip into chanting under his breath, words lost within his helmet.
AJ B. (GM): (assume you are all still in the meeting room while you prep?)

Melo is!
Charlie: rolling 1d100< 60 Demons and Monsters
(
22
)
= 1 Successes

Charlie wracks his brain trying to remember anything he’s heard about these guys.
Charlie: (yeah I haven’t gone anywhere)
Ambrose Betamax: (^^)
Melo: (To GM) rolling 1d100 Armor of Illithian casting penalty.
(
54
)
= 54
(To GM): Woo, range reduced. On a self cast spell.

Charlie let’s the others know about the dangers fighting these particular demons. “Don’t let them bite you. These guys carry a plague that turns you into one of them. Ain’t no sane or concrete cure neither. Even if we didn’t want to protect these guys, letting the demons infect others could destroy this area alone.”

Melo nods once in acknowledgement, still whispering under his breath in channeling.. Granted, weren’t the kid and the muscle mass still in the room?
AJ B. (GM): (lol, how much you want to bet Ambrose is thinking “self propagating pet”)
(nope those two bailed at the alarm)
Melo: (kk)
Charlie: (lol I doubt he would after he finds out how much pain and suffering goes with it)
AJ B. (GM): (ok time to go into init here folks)
Melo: rolling 1d20+6
(
6
)6
= 12
Charlie: rolling 1d20
2 Initiative
(
3
)+2
= 5
o hgoodie
Vault: rolling 1d20
(
4
)
= 4
Albion: looks over himself “Umm, how tough is their bite? My scales arent fully developed.”

Charlie frowns. “I wouldn’t chance it. Bunnyips alone can take chunks out of metal trucks.”
Ambrose Betamax: rolling 1d20
(
6
)
= 6
Melo: (Man.. we suck at dice)
AJ B. (GM): (feel free to use manual dice if you prefer, I trust the lot of ya)
Charlie: (we’re just polite and letting he other team go first)
Ambrose Betamax: (oh my initiative has a 4 tho)
AJ B. (GM): (alright, now just need to make sure everyones where they want to be at beginning of combat)
(room is back where Albion is)
(theres the door that led in and out)
(ok so final check before I start their combat actions, everyone where they wish to be?)
Ambrose Betamax: I’m good
AJ B. (GM): (Charlie, Melo? you set on your positions?)
Melo: (Yeah)
AJ B. (GM): (Charlie?)
Charlie: yeah
sorry I wasn’t paying attention
AJ B. (GM): (Alright once you arrive out here you see these three demons before you, rotting and howling with an unholy pain. Need an HF roll from everyone first)
(Melo and Charlie +2 to each of you on it)
Melo: rolling 1d20
6
(
10
)6
= 16
Ambrose Betamax: rolling 1d20 + 1
(
20
)
1
= 21
Melo: (Nice)
Ambrose Betamax: (er that-s a minus 1)
AJ B. (GM): (lol still a nat 20 even with the minus, so autosuccess)
(Damn Ambrose really has no fear of demons at all)
(Elevators, and other inanimate spaces sure, but demons, nope not even slightly scary)
Ambrose Betamax: (in this case I think ambrose somehow is actually feeling more brave)
Charlie: rolling 1d20+9+2
(
13
)+9+2
= 24
AJ B. (GM): (Alright, so everyone passes their horror checks and now onto the real challenge.)

Ambrose Betamax takes a heroic pose. “AND NOW TO SAVE THE…uh…BANDITS
Charlie: “Ew, they’re ugly.”
AJ B. (GM): The one dead center makes a slavering agitated noise as he rushes towards Charlie.
Charlie: “shit he heard me!”
AJ B. (GM): (Aside from moving none of them does more, Melo you’re up)
Charlie: (I hope they can’t teleport)

Melo didn’t waste any time at all, “Focus fire, burn ’em down!” And up his rifle would go for an aimed shot at the beast nearest to Charlie. Bites’re bad, and blowing off the creature’s jaw could be a useful tactic, right?
Melo: (Ambrose, you’re up)

Ambrose Betamax opens fire at the one attacking charlie, full auto.
Ambrose Betamax: (in a heroic pose of course.)
AJ B. (GM): (roll it)
Ambrose Betamax: rolling 1d20 + 3
(
13
)3
= 16
Melo: (Think you’re at +4 now)
Ambrose Betamax: (I am?)
Melo: (Yeah)
(Nope, +3)
Ambrose Betamax: (the rest of my shots will be the same thing, just plugging away)
rolling 3d20 + 3
(
8
+
11
+
2
)
3
= 24
er.
that did not work how I wanted :P
Melo: (Sorry, have my stat calc tool configured for some rules we’re not using yet)
AJ B. (GM): (one action at a time, remember, we decided to use the rules more normally)
Ambrose Betamax: (ooooh ok)
(in that case just that first roll)
AJ B. (GM): He spots you out of his peripheral and tries to lean back out of the way only to find he forgot to pull his arm back. (Roll damage)
Ambrose Betamax: rolling 6d6
(
3
+
1
+
4
+
2
+
1
+
3
)
= 14
(fff)
(fiiine dice be that way)
Melo: (Also, ammo is being kept track of in the live stream for you)
Ambrose Betamax: (I’ll uh let you handle that, I’m so bad at keeping track of stuff)
AJ B. (GM): (Charlie, you’re up)
Charlie: gonna do carpet of adhesion on the one in front of me
10 melee rounds per level of caster so that’s 40 right? 30 feet.
AJ B. (GM): (alright, what’s he saving vs?)
(unless he saves, then it cuts it down some)
Melo: (No save on CoA)
(Oh, magic)
AJ B. (GM): (CoA has a special save Id have to pull up exacts but it does cut it down a bit)
Charlie: (yeah says special)
I have that spell strength +1 if that helps any)
AJ B. (GM): (yeah, the save is based on what Charlies magic power is, standard is 12, add whatever your spell power is to it)
(ok so save is 13)
(the special part is because its got a detailed function for success)
(Charlie just placing it in that one space or want to draw full carpet?)
Melo: (Total of 8 squares in any shape you like)
Charlie: I’m assuming they have to be touching
AJ B. (GM): (I believe so, granted thats more me basing it off the name then anything else)
(Alright, Vault is up)

Vault had his orders; there were potential civilian casualties in play. A high pitched whine was audible as his arm lifted, a stream of ions screaming forth from the under-arm mounted blaster he had, aiming right for the demon nearest to Charlie.
Vault: rolling 1d20+4
(
7
)+4
= 11

Charlie flinches, That’s two people firing so close to his face. Hopefully the now non-moving target will help them not shot him by accident.
AJ B. (GM): The demon, having been caught off guard by its feet being glued to the dirt doesn’t notice the deathbot aiming for it. (roll damage)
Vault: rolling 3d6
(
4
+
6
+
2
)
= 12
AJ B. (GM): (Demons actions again.)
The one in the carpet grins and says “Food” before trying to bite Charlie.
(13 to strike)
(going to try and dodge or just take it?)
Charlie: dodge!
Vault: (Should be at least 6 to dodge)
AJ B. (GM): (roll it)
Melo: (..I think. Base +3 and any pluses you get for RCC)
Charlie: rolling 1d20
6 Charlie tries to take a step back to avoid looking foolish and being bitten after telling everyone else not to.
(
3
)+6
= 9
(HA.
AJ B. (GM): (8 MD to your Main Body armor) The demons fangs sink in at the shoulder but dont seem to get through to find the flesh they crave

Charlie will now have to go through the trouble of convincing Melo he’s not a zombie. This will be very inconvenient.
Charlie: “Muzzle… ugh.”
AJ B. (GM): The Demon nearest Melo points at the ground near him, As 3 black sulphorous clouds of smoke coalesce around him. before fully forming into a set of ghouls.
Ambrose Betamax: (wow melo, bad day for you)
Charlie: (says the deer hiding behind a giant robot) XD
AJ B. (GM): The last demon points at Charlie and grins as 5 clouds of smoke form up arouns him.
Charlie: o xo I have created too much aggro)
(may I demon lore those ghouls as a free action?)
AJ B. (GM): (At a -30% since intense thinking isn’t really easy atm)
Charlie: rolling 1d100< 30
(
90
)
= 0 Successes
lol I don’t blame charlie_
AJ B. (GM): They’re rotting corpses lol
Ambrose Betamax: (My expert knowledge leads me to think these people might be post living :P)
AJ B. (GM): (Melo, you’re up)
Charlie: paging dr. ambrose)
Ambrose Betamax: (:P)

Melo didn’t even register the smoke around him as those bodies colessed. His eye was to his target, aiming for the demon that was trying to take a bite out of Charlie. Well, a shot at the beast’s maw was out, but that wasn’t going to prevent him from trying to take out his head.
Melo: rolling 1d20+11
(
19
)+11
= 30
AJ B. (GM): Well, Melo manages one hell of a shot, and gets it to go past everything thats in his way to actually strike the demons head. (roll damage)
Melo: rolling 3d6*2
(
6
+
5
+
4
)*2
= 30
Ambrose Betamax: (damn)
AJ B. (GM): The Demon reals and swears “Motherfucking Asshole”
Charlie: (is that in plain english?)
AJ B. (GM): (American but yes)
Melo: (“Boom! Headshot” echos from somewhere in the heavens)
AJ B. (GM): (Ambrose, you’re up)

Ambrose Betamax decides to help with the ghouls surrounding Melo, since charlie is probably fine, but Melo is only human. I take an amed shot at the nearest ghoul to my left.
Ambrose Betamax: rolling 1d20 + 5
(
13
)5
= 18
AJ B. (GM): The ghoul since he is facing Melo has no idea a gun is even trained on him (Roll damage)
Ambrose Betamax: (oh but I guess I have to aim for a round first? it says two actions)
AJ B. (GM): (ahh yeah, aimed shot)
(nm on the damage for now then)
Ambrose Betamax: (ok)
AJ B. (GM): The Ghouls are grinning wide, and looking extremely confident with their numbers. The three surrounding Melo all seem to be taking a more solid stance as they prepare for something.
The five around Charlie however seem a bit less patient as each one attempts to punch him.
(9 and a 9) rest of them are so terrible at punching things that they all missed.
(want to dodge the two punches or just take em?)
Charlie: (dodge)
(sorry my aunt called me)
AJ B. (GM): (no worries, roll twice if both, or once if dodging one, keep in mind this is eating actions)
Charlie: (I used up 2 actions right?)
Melo: (Correct. You have 4 left; 5 if you use your tail to strike)
Charlie: (I’ll dodge one I guess)
rolling 1d20
6
(
11
)6
= 17
AJ B. (GM): Charlie easily dodges one punch only to dance his way into the other (6 MD to main body)
(and with that Charlie is up)
Charlie: (I can’t keep dodging)
o xo need an escape plan here)
Melo: (We ARE on a ley-line)
AJ B. (GM): (a nexus specifically)
Charlie: (I gotta look up how to use the teleportation, I forgot to write down what page it was on)
Melo: (RUE 117)
(Because I just happen to know that off the top of my head. Hangs head in shame)
Charlie: (teleportation is not instant)
AJ B. (GM): (lol, could be worse, you could have memorized the F.A.T.A.L. rulebook, then Id have to mercy kill you though)
Charlie: (Being in combat will ruin my concentration)
(so teleportation is out for now)
(How high can I jump?)
AJ B. (GM): (hmm, with your PS, pretty damn high)
(whats your PP though?)
Charlie: 18
AJ B. (GM): (alright, then yeah you’ll be able to land pretty damn accurately too)
Charlie: (I’d like to toadstool hop off the ghoul’s face behind me and onto the roof cuz fuck these guys)
(unless I can straight up jump up there without risking being attacked)
AJ B. (GM): (you could easily make it onto the roof, what does Charlie weigh?)
Charlie: (uuuuuuh he’s 7 feet tall and buff muscle, so a lot D:
over 300? That sound right?)
(I’m bad with weights)
Melo: (Checking)
(370-650 lbs)
(Plus gear)
Charlie: yeah so probbaly easily 400

AJ B. (GM): (Alright, so going to jump up there then?)
Charlie: He’s a big guy but mostly cuddles)
(that or stand there and be beaten down. Might as well)
(unless i can run through enemy spaces without provoking attacks
Melo: (You know, Rifts actually doesn’t have rules for attacks of oppertunity)
(That I’m aware of, at least)
Charlie: (My other idea was to shove one in the goop but that doesn’t stop the other 4 from destroying me with my limited actions. I don’t know how many the rest get.f)
Melo: (They’re actually listed on the live stream)
AJ B. (GM): (It does somewhere.)
(you can disengage by moving only 5 feet without risking any shots, anything farther and they can take a shot out of turn, still eats an action though)
(the jumping plan means they wont be able to reach you for any of those shots)
Charlie: (how sturdy does the hut look from what I can remember)
(I’d levitate myself but I’m too heavy)
AJ B. (GM): (roll d% vs IQ, or if you’ve got a relevant skill for this feel free to suggest what it might be)
Charlie: rolling 1d100< 12
(
2
)
= 1 Successes
I dunno if I did that right
I am legit shocked if I did
Melo: (You did)
AJ B. (GM): (It looked like it Might support 100 lbs, and that’d be iffy)
Charlie: lol I guess I"ll try to run then)
AJ B. (GM): (alright, so looks like a few free shots, you are still allowed to dodge these, but at a -5)
(ok you’ve got 3 hits coming at you, 9, 11, 21)
Charlie: how many spaces can I move
Melo: (What’s your speed?)
Charlie: 17
Melo: (42 ft)
Charlie: (that’s 5 per square?)
Melo: (Yep)
AJ B. (GM): so 8 squares total (technically 8 points some random thing)
Charlie: so moving 30 of the 42 feet
dodging 1 the big guy if he swung and taking the rest
if they’re all ghouls I’ll still dodge one
AJ B. (GM): (alright, roll it)
Charlie: rolling 1d20+6
(
1
)+6
= 7
o xo the dice today are being assish
AJ B. (GM): (apparently charlie does not dodge well when running)
Charlie: (I wore my chucks today. Knew I should gone with my trainers)
AJ B. (GM): (12 MD from main body during your run for freedom)

Vault would comment on Charlie’s tripping and scrambling backwards like a crab before rising and running, but he’s busy about to blow a ghoul’s headoff. And such a joke is outside of his current operational parameters.
AJ B. (GM): (Vault is up)

Vault didn’t waste any time at all, really. Again that ion cannon would be laying waste. The demon nearest was an inconvenient target. Nope, a Ghoul was right in his way. And likely getting a nice facefull (Or chestfull) of ionizing radiation. (Burst fire)
Vault: rolling 1d20+4
(
19
)+4
= 23
(That would be a facefull; crit)
Charlie: 26/28 armor gone btw)
Vault: (You’re at 16 left)
(You paid to repair, so you were up to 42)
Charlie: ~ n~ my numbers must be wrong on my sheet then. I’ll get those fixed later)
ah ah okay)
AJ B. (GM): The ghoul still focused on Charlie doesnt notice Vault about to blow him away. (Roll damage)
Vault: rolling 1d4*20
(
1
)*20
= 20
(Figures)
Charlie: (that is the most accurate love tap. Never misses)
AJ B. (GM): The Demon trapped in the goo glares at Charlie and begins muttering as his hands twitch.
Charlie: (awe he’s gonna ruin the tea)
AJ B. (GM): That one walks over to Charlie and says “Hi!” in a sickly sweet and cheery voice.
Vault: (…Why am I picturing GIR?)
Charlie: (because he is your robot brethren)
AJ B. (GM): The last one moves up to Melo and growls, “Oyster”
Ambrose Betamax: (O.o)
Melo: (Checks something
Charlie: (I think he means “oy, sir!” he’s australian after all)

Melo is an action hero. Really. And maybe a total badass. He’d simply drop and roll backwards at the attention being grabbed by that demon approaching, an itchy trigger finger squeezing off a shot at the same time, pointing at the chest of the ghoul in front of him.
Melo: rolling 1d20
(
11
)
= 11
(Sharpshooter skill shot, woo)
AJ B. (GM): The ghoul responds by ducking the shot and grinning as it flies overhead.
Ambrose Betamax: (fail, action hero, fail.)
Melo: (Deer boy, aimed shot, go!)

Ambrose Betamax fiiiiiires!
Ambrose Betamax: (kablooie)
AJ B. (GM): (I’ll let you keep the 18 so go ahead and roll the damage)
Ambrose Betamax: (oki)
rolling 3d6 +
(
2
+
2
+
2
)
= 6
(OH CMON)
(I think my gun is having some erectile dysfunction)
AJ B. (GM): well you tore into him a bit but it doesnt seem to have done much more then the damage a walking corpse already has on it
The two near Melo shift their full weight into trying to punch him.
(13 and a 14 Melo)
Melo: (Auto dodge 1, dodge the other, and squeeze the trigger at each acceptable?)
AJ B. (GM): (eats up a total of 3 actions, if you’re good with that then yeah)

Melo will just settle for bobbing and weaving, moving to duck under the first blow, reflexes kicking in to dodge the second.
Melo: rolling 1d20+6>14
(
14
)+6
= 20
rolling 1d20>13
(
8
)
= 0 Successes
AJ B. (GM): (8 MD main) It would seem Melo’s reflexes didn’t kick in as thoroughly as they should as a rotting fist slams home on his chest.
Ghouls numbers 4 and 5 turn their attention to the Deer that looks like a 5 course meal to them and promptly try and punch him
(17 and 15 aimed at Ambrose)
Ambrose Betamax: :O
Melo: (Ambrose has 1 action left, can dodge one, or roll with punch to cut it in half, or eat ’em both)

Ambrose Betamax dodges like a very dodgy thing!
AJ B. (GM): (rolling with punch will get you moved back one square just as a heads up)
(your call though, if dodging it is, then roll it)
(At least he isnt trying to hug the ghouls and find out why they’re so angry I guess lol)
Ambrose Betamax: rolling 1d20 + 5
(
7
)+5
= 12
AJ B. (GM): (9 MD) Both Ghouls manage to hit home slaming a fist into Ambrose’s chest and gut respectively.

Ambrose Betamax doesn’t like that at all
Ambrose Betamax: (all torso then?)
AJ B. (GM): (and with that Charlie is up)
(yeah Main body unless specified otherwise from here on)
Ambrose Betamax: (ok. puts my torso armor at 46)
AJ B. (GM): (tired of typing it out, so just going to only specify when they actually aim for head, legs or arms)
Charlie: not really sure what to do right now)
Melo: (Armor of Illy?)
Charlie: Yeah that’s looking ilke th eonly good choice
it’ll give me a couple turns of peace)
AJ B. (GM): (going with that then?)
Charlie: (it’s 10 MDC per level of XP which is overall and not just the caster’s magic level, right?)
Melo: (Think its caster level; 30 MDC at level 3)
AJ B. (GM): (hmm says spell casters level of experience)
(man that is a vague and screwy wording)
(I’m inclined to believe its caster level though)
Charlie: (it’s caster level, I double checked)
AJ B. (GM): (otherwise its even more insane then that damned carpet. *takes one level in LLW and 14 in MERC for 150 magic armor)
Charlie: (gonna need it vs this many guys)
(gonna go ahead and cast that, hopefully this guy doesn’t crit me)
(I really don’t feel like dealing with zombification)
AJ B. (GM): Alright, Charlie gets his AoI up and Vault is ready to hopefully live up to the name Deathbot
Ambrose Betamax: (charlies magic is based on America online technology? we’re screwed)
(He got his AOL up?)

Melo can only hope to live up to that way. “Unauthorized personnel, lethal force has been authorized in the removal of your presence.” A slight lift of his hand, this time aiming at the demon who’s got a lazer blast in the side of his head with that ion beam, spraying that deadly streamer of ions freely. (Burst)
Melo: rolling 1d20+4
(
4
)+4
= 8
Vault: (Yeah, that was Vault)
AJ B. (GM): The Ghoul has no option but to watch as the deathbots weapon is leveled at him. (roll damage)
Vault: (That was aimed at the demon 1 rather than the ghoul)
rolling 1d4*10
(
4
)*10
= 40
AJ B. (GM): (ahh, ehh he’s focused on Charlie and can’t do much about it either)
The Demon curses as he turns toward the machine that just show him in the back.and points his finger towards Vault, summoning up 3 more Ghouls
The Demon nearest to Melo begins chanting.
and the one on Charlie goes in trying to bite him.
(22 at Charlie, any actions left to try for anything?)
Charlie: (I don’t think I do)
Vault: (Nope. 8 MD left on Armor)
AJ B. (GM): (yeah but plenty on the Ithan)
Melo: (That’s what I meant)
Charlie: 8 left on the magic armor?
Melo: (Yep)
AJ B. (GM): (how do you figure?)
(he cast that, gets 30 MD and hasnt been touched?)
Charlie: (I thought 22 was what I had to dodge)
Melo: (I misread that as 22 damage)
AJ B. (GM): (ahh lol, nah 8 MD is the total damage)
Charlie: so that attack did 8)
AJ B. (GM): (This guy finally crits and bolos the damage roll)
Charlie: oh thank god)
SEE I even said he better not crit me)
this fucking game lmao)
AJ B. (GM): (and with that all demons have gone)
(Melo is Up)

Melo should do the action hero thing. He really should. Something snappy, like “Catch!” or “Think Fast!” But no, he’s not an action hero. He’s a soldier. A hand moved from his gun to his shoulder, a grenade pulled, primed and tossed in a single swift movement, and lobbed all of 10 feet away at the demon nearest to him, eyes already preparing for the blinding flash of a plasma grenade going off. Poor Ambrose likely wasn’t expecting the loud noise.
Melo: rolling 1d20+8
(
5
)+8
= 13
AJ B. (GM): The Ghoul who has been watching and waiting sees the lob and attempts to bat it away.
and fails as it slips right over his hand rolling between the demons feet. (roll damage)
Melo: rolling 6d6
(
1
+
5
+
5
+
6
+
5
+
2
)
= 24
AJ B. (GM): The grenade explodes with an echoing boom shredding and burning the demon and the two ghouls near him. (Ambrose you’re up)
Melo: (Ambrose is out of actions)

Ambrose Betamax kind of googley eyes at the number of ghouls, and fires wildly at the the one to his right.
AJ B. (GM): (ghouls 1 and 3 it looks like then)
Ambrose Betamax: (so burst fire if I have the ammo)
Melo: (Now its Ghoul 1and 3, 9, 10 and 11, vault, then demon 2 and 3 and melo and maybe Vault)
AJ B. (GM): (ghoul 1 whiffs, ghould 3 attempts to punch Melo, 19 to hit)

Melo twists, the punch coming in just as he was turning away to protect himself from the eruption of plasma only a few feet away. (Dodge)
Melo: rolling 1d20+6
(
20
)+6
= 26
Ambrose Betamax: (er do I need to roll anything?)
(ooooh out of actions)
Melo: (Newp, not at the moment; we’re juust about out of things to do this round though)

Ambrose Betamax stands around watching stuff happen in horrer
Ambrose Betamax: “man…I need a canadian salty naval…”
AJ B. (GM): The ghouls there fail miserably. The three around Vault all brace themselves and focus in on his robotic skull.
(which I believe puts vault up)

Melo was programed enough to know when he’s surrounded, and his programing recognized the mystic sparkle across the ground that that carpet presented. A tactical retreat was in order at this point.
Melo: (Yeah, that was vault)
AJ B. (GM): (just the 5 foot to avoid free shots?)

Ambrose Betamax feels like he might be in a spot of trouble, what-what

Vault only took that one great step back even as his vibro-blade sprang to life on his other arm. Yeah, just the one to avoid free shots.
AJ B. (GM): (Alright back up to the demons then, at least those who still have actions left.
That one steps up to Melo and screams “YOU WILL PAY!”
The one on Charlie goes for chomping on him some more.
(5 MD Charlie)
(Ghoul 9 has managed to keep his focus and goes for a heavy swing at Vaults head)
(which he fails miserably at.)
AJ B. (GM): (those two move up, bringing us to Vaults final action this round)

Vault isn’t in much better of a place then before, programing skipping a few cycles to reassess.
Vault: (Holding)
Ambrose Betamax: (I can stay up for another 2 hours, but then I have to go to bed, I hope that
(is ok)
Vault: (For sure!)
AJ B. (GM): (yeah Im good with that)
(Alright final actions of the three ghouls that are left)
All three of them attempt to crush Vaults head into his chest
(12, 17, and fail)

Vault sidesteps that first wild swing, the second taken as his arm rose, that fully active vibroblade moving to parry the blow of the otherwise unarmed, animated corpse.
Vault: rolling 1d20+6>12
(
15
)6
= 21
AJ B. (GM): (Alright, thats a successful Parry and Im gonna say Vault gets a roll at half damage)
Vault: rolling 1d6
(
4
)
= 4
AJ B. (GM): (Vault took 2 MD from that hit btw)
Vault: (Head or chest?)
AJ B. (GM): (head)
Vault: (And that ends the round)
AJ B. (GM): (not quite but close)
Vault: (..Who has actions left?)
AJ B. (GM): Out of the blue a blast tears into the Ghoul on Melo’s right.
Vault: (Heee!)
AJ B. (GM): (Ok now the rounds done)
(alright so rolling init for new order yeah?)
Vault: (Yeah)
rolling 1d20
(
18
)
= 18
Melo: rolling 1d20
6
(
17
)6
= 23
Ambrose Betamax: rolling 1d20 + 4
(
5
)
4
= 9
Melo: (And think Charlie is all that’s left to roll)
AJ B. (GM): (yep)
(Charlie, ohhh Charlie? Get your Horror Factor 13 Mug in here =P)
Ambrose Betamax: (:P)
Melo: (Shall we come back to Charlie?)
AJ B. (GM): (up to you guys? Want me to just put him at the bottom of the init for now?)
Melo: (Fer now, yeah.)
AJ B. (GM): (Alright, then Melo has first action)

Melo didn’t have much time to act; he’s stuck between a rock and a hard place right now, making a note of just how to pre-prime his grenades for drop and run purposes. For now, though? He’d run.
AJ B. (GM): Oddly none of them take any swipes at you when you do.
(Vault is up)

Vault didn’t hesitate; being able to perform a gigaflop of calculations a second has it’s advantages. That blade was still at the ready to defend himself, but his other arm? That one turned to rain blazing ionic death upon the nearest demon. And if he misses? Well, he’s more than likely to hit at least SOMETHING that’s a foe. (Burst vs Demon 2)
Vault: rolling 1d20+4
(
16
)+4
= 20
Ambrose Betamax: (oh dear I hope he dun shoot me)
AJ B. (GM): (nearest is on opposite side from you)
Vault: (The one that Melo was standing in front of)
AJ B. (GM): Who does not do anything as his focus is still on the very active meal. (roll damage)
Vault: rolling 1d4*10
(
2
)*10
= 20
AJ B. (GM): Demon two says something in Demogogian, before he begins chanting again.
(-20% if you want to try and figure out what he said)
Melo: rolling 1d100< 55
(
80
)
= 0 Successes

Melo might also be out of range.
(From AJ B. (GM)): “Al sa hlasyps ty , es qedd xy swy fygs”
Charlie: rolling 1d100< 58
(
78
)
= 0 Successes
AJ B. (GM): (http://arryhenrae.tripod.com/)
(Charlie, want to roll your init just in case you go before the demons?)
Charlie: rolling 1d20+2
(
4
)+2
= 6
I believe that is exactly the same as last time
AJ B. (GM): (you increased your init by 1 lol)
Charlie: lol
I scrolled back really quickly
looks like I took 5 damage?
Melo: (Think so; AoI is at 17)
AJ B. (GM): The Demon in the goo repeats the phrase that his partner spoke and begins chanting as well.
Finally the last one tries to take another bite out of Charlie
(20 to hit)
Charlie: take it like a man)
AJ B. (GM): (6 MD)
(Ambrose is up)

Ambrose Betamax decides after years of thought that discretion is in fact the better part of valor, and runs like hell.
Ambrose Betamax: (can I move there?)
Charlie: You’d be provoking a shit ton of attacks)
Melo: (What’s yer speed?)
AJ B. (GM): (insanity+4)
Ambrose Betamax: (lol my speed is 66)
AJ B. (GM): (I honestly dont remember what his speed is but it is nuts)
Melo: (Yes. Yes you can move that far.)
Ambrose Betamax: (on all fours I can run at 72 kph)
AJ B. (GM): (I think he could circle this complex in a single action if he wanted lol)
Again oddly they don’t take any shots at Ambrose as he runs past them.
Charlie: too bad excess speed doesn’t go into dodge)

Vault is faster. But he has no sense of pride, he just understands when he is operating at peek efficiency.
Ambrose Betamax: (I’m guessing that chanting is uh, a bad sign)
Charlie: (probably magic)
Vault: (Charlie would know right off when they’re casting a spell, I think?)
Charlie: (I can sense magic, yes)
AJ B. (GM): (in the midst of a leyline storm might be a touch harder though)
Charlie: (I didn’t bother to ask though, and I don’t know what they’re doing becuase I wasn’t paying attention earlier)
AJ B. (GM): All of the ghouls hold their actions.
(Charlie it up)
Charlie: Carpet of Adhesion
AJ B. (GM): (on the one in front of you I take it?)
Charlie: nope
AJ B. (GM): (alright? so where is this one going?)
(you’ve got 90 ft of range on it you know)
(so why the overlaps, just really hate those guys?)
Charlie: yeah fuck those guys)
AJ B. (GM): (ok, just checking)
Charlie: This is so ambrose’s crazy legs don’t go to waste
(also i can’t remember how many turns this stuff had left)
Melo: (29 rounds. We’re on round 2)
Charlie: (I think it was like 30 rounds but I wanted to be sure)
AJ B. (GM): (yeah, they’re going to be there a while it seems)
Charlie: (I keep getting melee rounds confused with those turns or whatever)
AJ B. (GM): (yeah the actions thing)
Melo: (Don’t worry at all, I totally get’cha there)
AJ B. (GM): (easy way to remember, rounds is however many inits we’ve rolled)

Melo took aim, but it was a quick blast, rifle raised at the demon that had been trapped the longest. (Demon 1)
Charlie: oh… I have a question about a spell I"ll ask in the skype chat since it has nothing to do with anything here)
Melo: rolling 1d20+5
(
4
)+5
= 9
AJ B. (GM): Ghoul number 4 attemtps a bodyblock and instead somehow shoved the demons head in direct path of the shot. (roll double damage)
Melo: rolling 3d6*2
(
6
+
1
+
4
)*2
= 22
AJ B. (GM): (vault is up)

Vault again executed standard defensive protocols at the stupor suddenly exhibited by the gathered demons, moving back and away from the group.
Charlie: perfect chance to spray and prey)
AJ B. (GM): and again they just let the bot go
Ambrose Betamax: (they’re gonna stack up and be ghoul voltron I bet)
Charlie: not while stuck on the ground)
AJ B. (GM): Demon in Carpet has been interrupted again and seems really pissed as he attempts to eat ghoul 4s head.
Zea: (Ha)
AJ B. (GM): Demon number 2 the one on Melo continues his chanting.
Finally number 3 once again tries to eat Charlie
(8 to hit)
Charlie: o xo nope gonna take it
AJ B. (GM): (8 MD)
(Ambrose is up)
Ambrose Betamax: (just a sec)
(hmm)
Melo: (Shooting is an option)

Ambrose Betamax fires indiscrimanately at the pile of baddos.
Melo: (Think that’d be a wild shot, at -6)
Ambrose Betamax: (oh uh…full burst at the demon I guess then)
AJ B. (GM): (alright, presumably the demon you can see, who was nomming on his buddies head)
(or did you want to shoot blindly through some guys house lol)
Ambrose Betamax: (oh there might be a house in the way)
Melo: (Demon 1 is actually the one stuck, numbers wise, I think)
AJ B. (GM): (he is)
(1 is in Carpet, two is on Melo, 3 is on Charlie)
Ambrose Betamax: (\I’ll blast through the house)
AJ B. (GM): (that will be a fully blind shot, so at -10)
(admittedly they’ll probably never see it coming lol)
Ambrose Betamax: rolling 1d20 + -7
(
8
)+-7
= 1
(well I probably hit the house)
(maybe I winged a ghoul or something? :P)
AJ B. (GM): (you’re aiming at the demon on the opposite side of the house correct?)
Ambrose Betamax: (yeah)
AJ B. (GM): (one moment)
Ambrose Betamax: (uh, duck melo)
AJ B. (GM): The blast tears a hole into the house you hear a few things get destroyed and are shocked to see the blast come out to your left and tear into the house behind you as well.
Charlie: (why would you shoot through a house when I stuck a bunch of demons for you to make them easier to hit?)
Melo: (Because he’s Ambrose, and is trying to protect Melo)
Ambrose Betamax: (damn straight)
AJ B. (GM): Ghoul number four is the only one to make a move which is to try and get away from the demon
Ambrose Betamax: (also cmon, exploding house)

Melo calls out, “WATCH THE COLLATERAL!”
AJ B. (GM): however he’s stuck there too
poor dumb ghoul
he just doesnt want to be eaten
(Charlie, you’re up)
Charlie: Carpet of adhesion

Ambrose Betamax is pretty aghast at the one shot that went at a wierd angle

Charlie then stares at the one in front of him and miles. “How ya doing yurself, sweet cheeks?”
Charlie: “looks like your buddies will be sticking around for a while” Action hero Charlie go!
AJ B. (GM): (Melo is up)

Melo again would squeeze off a shot at demon #1, laser hopefully peppering the rather angry creature for at least some kind of damage.
Melo: rolling 1d20+5
(
8
)+5
= 13
AJ B. (GM): He attempts to parry by shoving his snack in the way
and fails
(damage)
Melo: rolling 3d6
(
3
+
2
+
4
)
= 9
Charlie: :O FALLS?!
Tell me it was face first
into the goo
AJ B. (GM): (thats an i lol)
(Vault is up)

Vault was taking after Melo’s lead, spraying those hyper speed ions at that primary demon; Focus fire one threat down before moving onto the next one. (Burst)
Vault: rolling 1d20+4
(
13
)4
= 17
AJ B. (GM): (so demon 1 again?)
Vault: (Yeah)
AJ B. (GM): He attempts to dodge but apparently sucks hard at that too, He ends up slapping a hand into the goo and getting caught with his head right in line to see the Ions very clearly
(double damage)
Vault: rolling 1d4*20
(
3
)*20
= 60
Charlie: (haha I was hoping I could shove one of them down face first into the carpet just for kicks)
AJ B. (GM): And as his head is shredded he bursts into flame before vanishing.
Alright well Death Demon number two finally completes his chanting and points an accusing finger at Melo. (Save vs Magic please Melo)
Vault: rolling 1d20
1
(
5
)+1
= 6

Vault fails his save, miserably.

Melo does that, rather.
AJ B. (GM): (lol) Melo you are surrounded in a black aura, although you can still see just fine everything seems bleaker and less vibrant. Your mind begins to spin rapidly through every failure in your lifetime.
(From AJ B. (GM)): your actions, init, and skills are all reduced by half, and you are now -4 on strike parry and dodge
(From AJ B. (GM)): is temporary but will last for 8 minutes total
(To GM): noted on tracker and in combat stats
AJ B. (GM): The demon in front of Charlie once more attempts to take a bite out of him
(11 to strike)
Charlie: Take’n the hit
AJ B. (GM): (5 MD)
Charlie: I will be known as the wolf that let a demon nom on him and laughed it off while I glued his friends to the ground)
AJ B. (GM): (Ambrose is up)
Charlie: Armor took two)
AJ B. (GM): (wasnt that all that was left of it?)
Charlie: 3 was absorbed by AOI
AJ B. (GM): (ahh nm)
(so is Ambrose going to fire through the house again?)
Ambrose Betamax: (:P)

Ambrose Betamax thinks better of taking out some poor guys hamlet and moves so he can actually see the fight.
Ambrose Betamax: (there we go :P
AJ B. (GM): Most of the ghouls cross their arms and vanish to who knows where.
(Charlie, you’re up)
Charlie: Casting energy field on myself
we are at a nexsus yes?
I forgot I had this
Melo: (Yeah. 180 MD)
AJ B. (GM): (lol yep thats pretty thourough stopping power)
(Alright, Vault is up)

Vault simply turned his torso slightly, that ion cannon spraying death at that demon guarded by another three, offering only that high pitched whine as it screamed away.
Vault: rolling 1d20+4 (Burst)
(
20
)4
= 24
(I’m.. I’m ok with this roll)
AJ B. (GM): Ghoul number 10 attempts to get in the way of the shot but fails, roll damage
Vault: rolling 1d4*20
(
3
)*20
= 60
Jena C.: someone is getting wrecked)
AJ B. (GM): Demon 3 seems kind of pissed and attempts to grab Charlie.
(18 to avoid being lifted up by a demon)
Charlie: this is dodge?
AJ B. (GM): (yep)
(assuming you want to avoid rather then try and counter in some way or another)
Charlie: I don’t think I can counter)
rolling 1d20
6
(
13
)+6
= 19
AJ B. (GM): and charlie slips the demons grasp lol.

Charlie sweats a tiny bit)
AJ B. (GM): Demon 2 begins chanting once more.
Vault: (Ambrose is up!)
Charlie: (I should just light demon 2 on fire, it’s hard to chant while on fire)
AJ B. (GM): (Melo actually)
(unless you’re holding action Melo)

Melo hesitated, mind racing with dark thoughts. A moment of hesitation, and then his rifle would raise. Nope, he wasn’t going to screw this up. (Aiming, demon 2)
AJ B. (GM): (kk)
(Ambrose)
Ambrose Betamax: (hmmmm)
(is that demon still alive?)
AJ B. (GM): (yep, the one on Melo, and the one on Charlie are still up)
Melo: (Both of them are, yep)

Ambrose Betamax fires a shot at the Demon closest to himself and melo.
AJ B. (GM): (roll it)
Ambrose Betamax: rolling 1d20 + 3
(
19
)+3
= 22
(I think that hits :P)
AJ B. (GM): Ghoul 1 tries to get between the shot and the demon, but fails, roll damage
Ambrose Betamax: rolling 3d6 +
(
6
+
4
+
5
)
= 15
AJ B. (GM): The Ghouls that remain again do nothing
(Charlie, you’re up)
Charlie: Blinding Flash
AJ B. (GM): (demon in front of you?)
Charlie: 60 ft range 10 radius
nope
I wanted to distract the guy from chanting
Save is standard
AJ B. (GM): (his chanting shut down with the damage from Ambrose)
(If you still want to I wont stop ya)
Charlie: o xo hmn. sure why not, always wanted to use this
gets everyone next to him and none of the heros
AJ B. (GM): (kk)
(one ghoul succeeded on his save)
Vault: (Vault next, me thinks?)
AJ B. (GM): (Alright, as it is time for Piko to crash, I think thats the point to stop)
(Since we’d be on the next rotation
oh but before that
Vault: (Next rotation is Vault, Demon3, and Charlie)
Ambrose Betamax: (thank you for understanding ;o;)
Vault: (And the ghouls that’re rooted in place. And sleep well Blind!)
AJ B. (GM): Again a blast from off behind and to the left of Ambrose and Melo hits the demon in the head.
Zea: (Shall you call the time stamp, or want me to?)
AJ B. (GM): (go for it, I need to dig up in game timestamp)
Zea: Today is February 3rd, 2015. EXP is about to be given. For record keeping only: Febtober. Last set of actions in combat: Vault, Demon3, and Charlie have 1 action left. Ghouls have all actions left, but are rooted in place.
AJ B. (GM): In Game Timestamp Aug. 15th 5:30 pm.
Zea: Charlie’s armor is at 14 MDC. Ambrose is at 46. Melo has 2 MD on AOI, no damage otherwise, and 3 rounds left. 16 rounds left on personal doubt. Melo is in the middle of an aimed shot at demon 2.
Ghouls: 1: 24 | 2: 24 | 3: 4 | 10: 6 | Demon 2: 119
AJ B. (GM): 300 xp each today. an extra 50 to Charlie for giving the group a thorough tactical advantage.
Zea: Vault has taken 2 MD to his head. And yay exp!
Ambrose Betamax: (I blew up a house.)

Melo is totally letting Ambrose explain to the group of angry, aggressive road gangers why he thought it was a good idea to shoot through their house, and instead take out two of them.
AJ B. (GM): (and put a hole through a second house)
Charlie: Oh I have 150 MDC armor right from the bubble?
AJ B. (GM): This has been a lot of fun tonight guys, thanks
Melo: For sure. And 180 MDC in your shield, yes.
Zea: And thank you for hosting.
Charlie: oh 180 gotcha thanks and thank you for hosting
Zea: Is Tuesday, in general, better for everyone?
Charlie: for me at this point yeah
AJ B. (GM): Think we might want to save that discussion for when Piko isnt needing to head to bed lol. but short answer for me is yeah
Charlie: arlrighty until next time
Zea: yeah, chatter about it later
I should sleep, too.
Charlie: also thanks for letting me put my ley line powers to use
o xo feesl go to be an OP asshole hahahahaha
AJ B. (GM): Recap: Last time we left our heroes in the middle of shooting demons who were for the most part stuck to the ground and have been able to do very little.
Zea: (Loading the combat tracker)
Ambrose Betamax: (bit of a one sided fight really)

Vault was aiming for the last remaining demon when we last left off, Targeting scanners were all kinds of active, tracking the remaining ghouls and the demon in sight, the last one still trying to gnaw its way through Charlie’s shield. Just a simple burst shot of his ion beam at the demon.
AJ B. (GM): (two demons left)

Vault is aiming for the one not eating Charlie.
AJ B. (GM): (roll it)
Vault: rolling 1d20+4
(
15
)+4
= 19
AJ B. (GM): Ghoul 2 does actually manage to shift in front of blast this time. (roll damage)
Vault: rolling 1d4*10
(
1
)*10
= 10
Jena C.: (okay back)
Vault: (WB)
Jena C.: (it seems our rolls are also remembering last week too haha)
AJ B. (GM): (Charlie you have an attack if you wish to take it as the demon begins his run)
Charlie: Sounds good, are there any restrictions on this attack of oppertunity?)
(and is he running physically or teleporting out)
AJ B. (GM): (nope, and he’s running)
Vault: (It does use an action however, I think?)
AJ B. (GM): (correct)
Charlie: (o xo carpet of a adhesion since that was what I was gonna do anyway)
can I do it mid run or do I haveto wait for him to stop running?
AJ B. (GM): (since its done during his move you’ll have to kick it off right when he starts, which means the only portion of his run you see is the diagnol before you have to pick where its placed.)
(so thats the line you’d see him run before having to decide its placement)
Charlie: ah okay)
hold on my screen is screwd up)
AJ B. (GM): (kk)

Jena C. magically splooges all over the battle field and dances in his ley line shield
Jena C.: oh dang that was charlie not me
AJ B. (GM): (ok need one answer before reaction, do you place those when he is running towards it or after he steps there?)
Charlie: (I guess after he steps down)
(to avoid him jumping)
AJ B. (GM): (alright) As his foot strikes the carpet he falls to the ground tripped up by the unexpected stop of his foot, he is now lying in the carpet.
(Unless Im mistaken everyone is out of actions)
Vault: (Yep!)
AJ B. (GM): Once more from off behind and to the left of Melo and Ambrose a single blast hits the demon in the chest.

Charlie uses a free action to happily wag his tail, he’s helping!
AJ B. (GM): (alright, init all)
Vault: rolling 1d20
(
6
)
= 6
Melo: rolling 1d20+6/2
(
20
)6/2
= 23
Ambrose Betamax: (mine is +4 right?)
Melo: (From what I can tell, yep)
Ambrose Betamax: rolling 1d20 + 4
(
19
)
4
= 23
Charlie: rolling 1d20+2
(
11
)+2
= 13
(nice melo()
(oh geeze and ambrose haha)
(is roll 20 lagging for anyone else)?
Melo: (I think they’re having some server issues today)
(But mine is moving nice and quick)
AJ B. (GM): (yeah and Melo needed that roll badly, not as far as I can tell)
(Alright Ambrose has first Action)

Ambrose Betamax fires at the nearest baddie, gritting his teeth as he does.
Ambrose Betamax: rolling 1d20 + 3
(
20
)+3
= 23
AJ B. (GM): (the ghouls or the demon?)
Melo: (Hot digity damn)
Ambrose Betamax: (I blew his face off apparently)
AJ B. (GM): (still need to know who you’re blowing apart, nearest baddie is kinda vague)
(technically nearest is ghoul 1 I suppose)
Ambrose Betamax: (him then :P)
Melo: (And that would actually be fitting of Ambrose.)
AJ B. (GM): (alrighty then, roll damage)
(doubled for the crit)
Ambrose Betamax: rolling 3d6
(
5
+
4
+
6
)
= 15
(30 then :3)
AJ B. (GM): Ambrose tears a pretty thorough hole through the ghouls chest and you can now see the building behind him through it.
The demon on Melo and Ambrose looks at the two of you and his ghouls and vanishes.
Charlie’s demon seems to be focusing on something before he does the same.
Charlie, you’re up.
(Well Charlie and Melo technically)
Charlie: I dunno if dispell is a free action. But Id dispell the orange, green and pink goop if I’m able)
AJ B. (GM): (no method of doing that short of specific spells)
(once its in place its there until the timer on them runs out)

Melo had his aim disrupted only slightly by the demon’s vanishing, though it further reinforced the effect he was under when his target was suddenly gone. Nope, he’d simply refocus on the currently staggering ghoul that had a hole in it’s chest. (Taking aim)
AJ B. (GM): (ahh my mistake, can cancel it)
(and yeah Id call it a free action)
(take it the other action was moving?)
(well the action rather)
Charlie: (yes, just moving closer)
Ambrose Betamax: (oh my god I picked an odd movie to have in the background)
Charlie: :O looks like we beat em back)
unless they teleport here to murder everyone in their sleep)
AJ B. (GM): The ghouls all vanish in puffs of sulphuric smoke.

Vault promptly begins scanning and sweeping for other threats.

Charlie would go check on the baby scaliey cat
(From AJ B. (GM)): Vault has all the same sensors you do correct?
(To GM): IM’d you.

Albion while sitting on the table looks up at Charlie “They gone?”
Vault: “Commander. There is a residual heat signature in the tea field.”
Melo: “Where at?” O’corse, he’d approach, his own sensors flicking over various spectrums.

Ambrose Betamax looks around in a generally deer-like way.

Charlie points to a spot in the field. “looks like one’s trying to play a game a hide and seek”

Melo didn’t waste too much time, rifle lifting to his shoulder. “Vape it.”

Vault took a similar action, that high pitched whine of his ion cannon blazing to life audable.

Charlie is glad to see Albion is okay. None of the demons seem to have snuck into the shack. “Almost, just got one more to take care of from the looks of it.”
AJ B. (GM): The demon swears at Charlie “I’ll be back for you.” and with that vanishes in a puff of sulphuric smoke as well.
Charlie: “aint’ the first time I heard someone say that.”
AJ B. (GM): (and yes this time its really gone)
Melo: “Alright folks, lets see where else we’re needed.” And his head would turn to look and listen for other signs of combat.
AJ B. (GM): It sounds like there isnt any other combat going on, though all of you can hear someone talking over at the front gate, he doesnt seem to be getting any response though.
There are the sounds of voices scattered about the compound as well congratulating each other, and sounding generally happy for the most part.
Melo: “Vault, on me.” And he’d turn, heading for the one voice that was calling at the gate.

Charlie asks Ambrose if he thinks those demons did this on purpose.
Charlie: “Think this was a targeted thing or just a case of angry demons look’n for a scrap?”
Ambrose Betamax: “uh, maybe? I dunno…”
AJ B. (GM): As soon as you get within site you see someone in full coalition dogboy armor with a pistol trained immediately on you. His armor has the spiked collar wrists and ankles common of particularly violent dogboys. He growls low “Still Convict, if you like your head in its current state.”
Charlie: (lol convict)

Melo didn’t respond to the threat verbally; he ducked and rolled, “Lethal force authorized!” was all he gave in reply; still shaken by the demons or not, you do NOT pull a gun on a trained soldier and threaten to kill them.

Vault responded in kind; his programing set the current parameters well within range of lethal force being approved; his commanding officer was being threatened with lethal force alright. Up goes the ion cannon.
AJ B. (GM): The pistol remains trained on you and he finally turns his head towards you. He seems to stop and begin processing something as he watches you move. “Ex Military, possible containment of traitors?” (init it seems)
Vault: rolling 1d20
(
19
)
= 19
Melo: rolling 1d20+6
(
3
)+6
= 9
Ambrose Betamax: (do I know about this?)
Charlie: (can we hear the shouting?)
AJ B. (GM): (considering your guyses hearing can probably hear exact details)

Charlie hustles over to see what the ruckus is about.

Ambrose Betamax heads over hoping to not have to soot more things…
AJ B. (GM): (init from both of you as well then please)
Ambrose Betamax: rolling 1d20 + 4
(
14
)4
= 18
Charlie: rolling d20
2
(
4
)+2
= 6
pft

Charlie hustles really slow like
AJ B. (GM): (It would appear Vault has the first move)

Vault is a robot, and did as ordered; Pew pew goes the ion blaster, at the CS troop’s chest. (Standard blast)
Vault: rolling 1d20+4
(
18
)+4
= 22
(That’d be a crit if it hits)
D’rren Vruskull: “As an officer of the law, I am ordering you to Stand Down or I Will open fire.”
(that would be a hit, roll damage)
Vault: rolling 3d6*2
(
1
+
3
+
4
)*2
= 16
D’rren Vruskull: (Ambrose is up next)

Ambrose Betamax probably is pretty darn low on ammo by now, but heads over anyways
Melo: (7 shots left on your E-Clip. And you can move anywhere you want, you’re quick enough)
Ambrose Betamax: (lol)
D’rren Vruskull: (Melo, you’re up)

Melo came up from his roll with his rifle at his shoulder, kneeling for a steady aim, even as the droid near by pelted the dogboy with that heavy blast of blazing, ionic particles, “Vault, hold fire!” Even then, that didn’t stop him from training his scope on the humanoid’s face, “Lower your weapon and no one else pulls their triggers. Peacekeeper Melo Craft of Melbourne, badge PK2246D3, ID yourself!”
Ambrose Betamax: “Uh, what he said!”
Charlie: “Yeah!”

Charlie knows numbers sound very official
Ambrose Betamax: “Fridge salesman August Buchananan screw it my name is too long!”

D’rren Vruskull growls low and keeps his weapon trained on you. “D’rren Vruskull, Methokrun of the third sector of the Anvil Galaxy, Galactic Designation MQ-77R. Anyone can recite a badge number Convicts.”
Charlie: (LOL wow way to check facts)
D’rren Vruskull: (you’re all in the middle of basically a shanty town, in a desert, on a leyline nexus that until a few minutes ago was full of demons)
(surrouneded by a fence, a poorly made one but still)
Melo: (To GM) rolling 1d100 < 64 Law Check
(
42
)
= 42
Melo: “Local affairs Methokrun Vruskull, you’ll need to file proper extradition paperwork if you want anyone in this area. Current area is under Melbourne Jurisdiction in accordance with statute LN-66422, Paragraph 3, subsection A. Add to that, three on one ain’t good odds. Rather not have to cut you down.” Like a dog in the street was left off.
Charlie: (it’s the future, he should have something to check claims like that I’d think XD but I dunno the rifts world very well)
Melo: (Nah, totally wouldn’t have any way to check)
D’rren Vruskull: (most of space doesnt know shit of earth)
Charlie: (assuming he doesn’t shoot us full of holes, we’re on official admin buisness and can show papers)

Melo o’corse, still had that high powered laser rifle trained on the dogboy’s face.
D’rren Vruskull: (Space is really big and really empty, no one can get off the planet except through rifts, and frankly if you were a higher life form would you be interested in a planet of people determined to self destruct?)
“I’m not here for anyone, hell I’m not clear where here is. However you appear to be standing in a prison that feeds its inmates to demons. That’s a bit harsh of an execution method, I’d say.”
Charlie: (WOW this guy lmao)
(Shoot first ask questions later)

Melo is the one that shot first..!
Charlie: (Let’s not get into an argument over who shot first we all know how that goes)
D’rren Vruskull: (he at no point shot anyone, notably only Vault has fired a weapon, he simply threatened Melo with one)
(Though you could argue he was shooting at you earlier and is just a damn terrible shot)
Charlie: (oh was that him? lol)

Melo held his rifle steady, “No prison, Methokrun. Folks here are here by their own free will. Currently, you’re located about 600 clicks north west of Melbourne, ruling city in the area. You just wandered in at an inopportune time. Now, lower your weapon, and lets handle this peaceful like with the local leadership. You’re way outta your jurisdiction as it stands. Make no mistake though, threaten me or anyone here, and the droid has pre-auth to end you.” And with that, his rifle would lift.

D’rren Vruskull holsters his pistol and takes off his helmet revealing that he isnt actually a dogboy but a wolf, considerably smaller then Charlie as well. His eyes seem to flicker from solid black to blue but its hard to tell if that was a trick of the light. “Alright, so thats the ruling city, but before we go any further, what planet am I on? hell what sector am I in? I can’t reach command.”
D’rren Vruskull: (A red wolf specifically)

Melo turned the safety on his rifle as he put it away, “Vault, go for it.” (One moment!)
Vault: “Currently, you are located on Earth, the third planet from the sun in the sol system, approximately 92,960,000 miles from the star’s surface. At present, we are located in the southeastern region of the continent of Australia, situated between the Pacific and Indian Oceans. Please clarify your inquiry of sector. Please clarify location of Command.”

D’rren Vruskull shakes his head “You named your planet ‘Dirt’?”
Vault: “Current records indicate the entomology of the word came about from that definition.”
D’rren Vruskull: His eyes change color to white as he seems to think, this time the change is obvious. Then they flip to black for a moment before shifting to Red. “A sector is a measure of space, 100 parsecs by 50, by 50. Each sector is put under durisdiction of a command center to enforce the laws there. Why the hell doesn’t your bot know this? Exactly what backwater galaxy did he shove me into?”
*not know this
(nevermind)
(I cant read my own typing lol)
Vault: “Based on local perceptions, you are in sector Zero.” Well, that is an answer, at least.
Melo: “Good ‘nuff Vault. As far as why he’s unaware.. Well, welcome to hell.”
D’rren Vruskull: He chuckles “Funny, Craft was it? Very funny, but see hell is very real, and much easier to find my way home from. Still, I’m guessing we’re in an uncharted sector then. Heard rumors the blueline had shifted and a new planet was on the map. Always dismissed it though. Ok, so then my immediate problem is, why the hell is everyone here so fucking hostile?”
Charlie: (insert it’s australia joke here)
Melo: “You pointed a gun at me first would be my first reaction. Second is most places are kill or be killed in these parts, even more so if you point the mean end of one of those things at someone.” He’d pop off his backpack for a moment with a few clicks, swinging it around to pull a small canteen out, helmet flipped up to take a swig before offering the container to Ambrose.. Who was likely standing there, a smidge shell shocked. “You can lower your gun deer-boy.” And back on his back that pack would go.

Ambrose Betamax lowers his gun and uh, sits down.

Charlie keeps an eye out for demons or other signs of trouble while ‘pleasantries’ are being exchanged.
D’rren Vruskull: “I suppose thats fair to an extent, my line of work however generally best to start with a clear show of force. Though it doesnt explain why what appeared to be my retarded cousin and some people who looked like you thought killing me was top of the list.” His eyes fade back down to blue again and then flicker White for a moment, as he turns to look at Ambrose. “Wait, what did you say your name was?”
Charlie: “retarded cousin?” That wasn’t a jab at him was it?
Ambrose Betamax: “er. cough”
D’rren Vruskull: “Some kinda thing with too much skin on its face, looked like it had all been stretched to be loose, and one that happened to be wearing this suit.”
Melo: “Showed up mid storm. All sorts of hell tends to break loose during those. Things that come out of ‘em tend to be of the very unfriendly type. Consider it ’You disturbed the natives’ syndrome if you gotta.” And then a laugh. “Pugs or a bulldog. The later I’d presume.”
D’rren Vruskull: “How the hell does something like that even come to be? I know evolution is bizarre at times, but what the hell environment requires too much skin hanging off of you?”

Melo shrugged. “Fuck all if I know. Mighta been one of the bloodhounds, I guess.”

D’rren Vruskull shrugs as his eyes return to blue and he studies your group. Especially Ambrose. “You said you were August something right?”
Ambrose Betamax: “er. Ambrose.”
Charlie: “Melo, I’m going to check to see if everyone’s alright. You got a handle on things here?”
Melo: “Yeah. Good plan.”

Melo would soon put his canteen away, and close up his helmet, just in case.

D’rren Vruskull raises an eyebrow and shrugs. “Alright, so now I know where I am, sort of, wheres the nearest port?”

Melo makes a hand gesture, “Six hundred some odd clicks South East, but I doubt that’s the kind of port your looking for.”

Charlie excuses himself for now to make sure everyone was okay, he’ll check back to see what this fellow fwolf was up to.
Charlie: (check back later*)

Melo adds, “And you might wanna do something about that armor. Quite a few folks don’t take too kindly to those markings in these parts.”
D’rren Vruskull: “Oh Nishtaran Threk Firn.” the red eyes again. “Im on a planet without a decent starport?”
Ambrose Betamax: “I’m pretty sure you’re on a planet without any starport.”
Melo: “Three to four hundred years ago, you woulda been fine. These days.. Yeah. Sorry Methokrun, your currently up shit creek without a paddle.”

D’rren Vruskull looks at both of you staring intently before his shoulders sag and he collapses to the ground as his eyes turn green. he stares up at the sky silently.
Melo: “And that, my friend,” to Ambrose, “Is how you indicate to things that you are food.” A nod given at D’Rren before he wandered on over. “C’mon soldier, man the fuck up. At least you’ve got a chance of getting back to your people, and you sure as hell ain’t off duty yet. Going catatonic ain’t gonna help.”

Melo has a bad bedside manor. That said, they’re still on a nexus, in technically hostile territory.

D’rren Vruskull chuckles softly “The Anvil Galaxy is in an unknown direction, an unknown distance away. I’m on a planet called ‘dirt’ where I have no authority, hell where my title means fuck all to most if not everyone, there is no known transport off the planet, any that existed has long since rotted away, and the sky here is an odd shade of reds and pinks. I may not know much about your world, but I do know the scent false hope when someone waves it under my nose.” His tone is that of someone resigned to their losses.
AJ B. (GM): (is technically sunset)
Melo: “And you’ve spoken to three people, an android, and I presume taken out two other people, on a planet where gateways to other worlds and dimensions open up at random. You’re also here during sunset. Refraction of water molecules in the sky around a standard G-type star in the middle of it’s life cycle.” Hey, he went to school during the golden age, he knows about these things! “It’ll be black tonight, and you’ll see the stars. Come day break, it’ll be blue. You’ve got a chance.”

D’rren Vruskull he looks at you and though his eyes remain green he stands up and shrugs, dusting himself off a bit. “I suppose, just a bit disconcerting to have lost my entire support network. If I ever catch that Paqolkdu taswylbipnyl. I’m going to make sure he spends his next six lifetimes on Zeran.”
D’rren Vruskull: (Refhugi may be the weirdest translator yet having had translations for both those words lol)

Melo laughs just a bit, shaking his head. The first thing you learn in any language is how to swear. “Yeah. The support network was rough, I’ll give you that. I at least managed to keep the droid when I came over. So, suppose it’d be a good idea to introduce yourself to the locals now. Just be prepared for some flack for the coat of arms. Hell, they might even be able to get you on your way.”

D’rren Vruskull looks at the armor and strips it off, revealing a simple outfit consisting of a black leather coat and pants. “If it’s going to be a problem might as well leave it.” His eyes shift to indigo as he rubs the back of his neck with his left hand and extends his right. “Look I think we really got off on the wrong foot, and I appreciate the help.”
Melo: “Vault, keep his armor for him.” Even as he spoke, he reached a hand out to take the offered handshake, glad the gesture seemed universal. “And it happens. Walk into a war zone dressed like that, pointing guns at people and making threats, you’re bound to get shot to shit. Live and learn. At the least, folks ’round here seem quite a bit more welcoming of strangers then those in the city.”
Vault: “Acknowledged, Commander.” And of course, droid being a droid, he’d collect the body armor and cart it around.
D’rren Vruskull: after shaking hands he looks around. “Well best to get used to the customs here, I’m guessing Im gonna have to go to the city after this.”
AJ B. (GM): The leaders of the Fiendwheels are standing outside next to the main building with three bodies under sheets and a large gathering of people around them.

Melo approached the gathering quietly, helmet coming off in a sign of respect for the dead. Hopefully the deer and the wulf-thing would catch the hint.
D: ‘rren follows Melo for the time being.
AJ B. (GM): (well that didnt work the way it was supposed to)
Nata says a few words over each corpse before they are carried away, he then turns to the group of you and shakes his head "My apologies that your visit was not as peaceful as it could have been.
Charlie: (need a 5 minute break from the computer brb)
AJ B. (GM): (kk, I need to grab some kind of food myself)
Melo: “My condolences for your losses. Storms happen, and it coulda been worse. Storms also seemed to have dropped off one more visitor.” A nod given to D’rren. “Nata, may I introduce you to D’Rren Vruskull, Methokrun of the third sector of the Anvil Galaxy. Figure if anyone here is gonna have an idea of where the fuck that is, it’d be one of your contacts.” And right away, he regretted his choice of words.
AJ B. (GM): Nata shakes his head “They know I’m sure, but did you say Methokrun?” He bares his teeth. “Sorry can’t help you friend.” He says through gritted teeth. “Me and Mine would appreciate it if you would take him with you when you leave. He will do well in the city.”

Melo nods understandingly. “Figure anyone willing to pull a gun on me in the name of the law isn’t the kind that’d be too welcome here. But hey, at least he’s not wearing some coalition skins right now, y’know?”
AJ B. (GM): He chuckles “Actually that’d be preferrable, CS troops are just out for a paycheck, well most of em, the crusaders need to be put down, but the rest. Well, everyones gotta eat right? Ask your friend what that title means sometime.” Nata gives a hard look at D’rren.

Charlie goes to tell Albion the coast is clear

Albion hops up on top of Charlie’s head. “That took longer then I thought it would.”

Charlie is startled but takes this as a sign he and the scaley cat are on good terms. “Er, ran into something a little more difficult to deal with than point and shoot. We’re all good now.” The witchwolf wanders back to the main group to see what the plan now was.

Melo glanced at the dog again with a shrug. “These days, y’never know. Jus’ the same, figure we still need to get that map with the land you want to lay claim to, and figure out just how we’re to get you into the city. Four days by land out here’ll make it a bitch to send a message your way.”
Charlie: (So do we have to go back to the estate to get permission to allow the fiendwheels into the city without them getting shot?)
AJ B. (GM): Charlie the others are wrapping up the funeral stuff and they are walking back as you come out to find them. Nata pulls out a map and hands it to Melo. “There, take it with you. As for arrival, tell us when you want us there and we can make it, or if you want I can send a messenger with you who can get back quick.”

D’rren Vruskull As he gets a clearer look at Charlie he grins. "Septumbran, Right?
Ambrose Betamax: (I’m sorry all, I’m kind of falling apart. is it ok if I back out for tonight? I dun want to stop you guys playing ;o;)
Melo: (Sleep well, yeah?)
Ambrose Betamax: (it’s not so much sleep as depression at the moment :/)
Charlie: “Indeed. I may be a runt but the Septumbran blood runs strong.” Charlie was indeed, short for a Witchwolf at 7ft tall.
(Seeya piko)
(Awe D:)
D’rren Vruskull: (get some rest, and feel better man. If you need anything let me know.)
Ambrose Betamax: (bye all, thank you for understanding)
Charlie: (hope you feel better soon)
D’rren Vruskull: “Knew a few back home. Glad to see not everything on this planet is beyond me.”

Charlie nods. "You’ll get used to this place. I was dumped here myself unexpectedly. "

Melo looks over the map before nodding. “Any chance we might be able to hitch a ride out to our rendezvous point?”

Melo adds, “..And as good an idea as a messenger may be, just who would it be?”
AJ B. (GM): Nata shrugs “would have to send someone who could make the trip. You already met” his face contorts as his tongue tries to pronounce something that is a mix between a growl, a gargle, and hiss. “KSstnrow, could let him tag along with you. Yeah we can get you set up with a ride,”
D’rren Vruskull: “I hope so, it’s looking like a long ways home and this place seems unusually hostile.” He blinks and his eyes turn white again. “and I hunt dangerous criminals in my spare time.”
Charlie: (this guy magical at all?)
AJ B. (GM): (D’rren? nope)
Melo: (Sorry, my brains’re moving slow)
Charlie: did you eat yet?)
I was sluggish but just got food and I’m feeling a bit better)
Melo: (Yeah. Food is why I’m slow to think. Lemmie make some tea right quick)
“Yeah.. I don’t think he’d be too welcome in the city. We’ll meet you outside the gates, one click north east. Big Tan APC. Can’t miss her. Be here at [Insert time and date that I can’t remember here]. We’ll either have the clearance for you, or we’ll tell you you’d best be on your way back, ’n will have food and water for your troubles.”
AJ B. (GM): (how long before the party are you wanting that time and date to be?)
Melo: (Eh.. Six hours. Ample time to take ‘em in and get ’em cleaned up.)
AJ B. (GM): (Alright, just keep in mind its a red tape dictatorship, so you might want to make sure you get that handled somehow.)
Nata nods "Alright, we’ll be there, we’ll keep our distance until the APC is outside the gate though. Dont want to be shot for trying to ‘break in’ I believe we are set then correct?"
Melo: “Without a doubt. If it’d make you more comfortable, I’m alright with two clicks out.”
AJ B. (GM): He nods again and calls over a group of them and his second fuses with his bike. “I hope you don’t mind, he’ll be riding with you to your drop off, they’ll leave as soon as you’re where you need to be though.”
Melo: “Works for me.” He should ask for oil, or paint, or something to take care of the markings on that suit of armor, but judging from the animosity between the wolf-thing and the demon tamer.. That might not be a good idea.
AJ B. (GM): (Alright if no one objects, we’ll skip to the pilots arrival)
Charlie: (sounds good)
AJ B. (GM): (ok quick question, is anyone going to radio him about the extra passenger or just gonna save that until arrival?)
Melo: (Would likely be a good idea. Man, my brains’re just totally food coma)
(Right. I might need to lay down. I just stood up and just about fell over)
AJ B. (GM): He radios back, "Alright, Charlie I’m good with doing you a favor but a new passenger and a D-bee means we have to land at the gate. Smuggling in a live D-bee is way too dangerous.
(want to call it here then?)
Melo: (I think it might be in my intrests to do so, yeah)
AJ B. (GM): (Jena, you good with calling it?)
Charlie: (yeah)
AJ B. (GM): Alright, 300 xp each tonight. extra 100 on Melo, extra 75 on Charlie, extra 50 on Ambrose.
Charlie: thank you
Melo: For record keeping sake: Today is Sunday, Febtober the 8th, 2015. Exp is about to be given.
g’night

Melo faceplants.
AJ B. (GM): In Game Timestamp Aug 15th 9:30 pm
We all set to start then?
Jena C.: I’m ready!
Ambrose Betamax: sure
AJ B. (GM): Last time on the adventures of Murderhobos anonymous, our heroes finished up their negotiation with the fiendwheels, met a man lost from his own sector of space and were planning to head back in to the city. Having just radioed their ride they were preparing to head back.
The pilot radios back and asks to speak to Charlie.

Jena C. ‘s ears perk up at the request to speak.
Jena C.: OOPS
Charlie: ahem
AJ B. (GM): "Alright Charlie, you know I’m willing to help you when I can, but bringinging in an unauthorized D-bee can get us both chipped. You lot good with being dropped at the gate?"
Charlie: “That works, this is an emergency. I appreciate getting all the help I can get”
AJ B. (GM): Plane lands after a little while and everyone loads up.
D’rren Vruskull: “So what exactly is a D-bee?”
Ambrose Betamax: “it’s a racist term for people that arent humans.”

Charlie nods. “As of right now there’s a lot of racial tension. I wouldn’t throw around you’re not human if you can avoid it.”

D’rren Vruskull looks over himself. “May be smaller then you but think the nose kind of gives us both away.” He then turns to Ambrose “Well, could be worse, at least they aren’t shooting you on sight.”
Ambrose Betamax: “they do if you’re put past curfew.”

Melo corrects, “Did.”

D’rren Vruskull shrugs “Law is law, doesn’t matter if its fair, hell rarely is.”

Chapter 12 What IS a Bandit

Elevators are Scary! StrykerC