Chapter 10 Bunyips make good Eatin

Ambrose Betamax: ^^
Melo: (And hopefully, by next week, we’ll have Red joining us!)
Ambrose Betamax: (whee!)
Jena C.: rolling 2d4+8
(
1
+
1
)8
= 10
rolling 2d4
8
(
2
+
2
)8
= 12
rolling 2d4
10
(
1
+
2
)10
= 13
rolling 1d4
(
2
)
= 2
rolling 2d4
6
(
1
+
2
)6
= 9
rolling 1d4
(
4
)
= 4
Jena C.: rolling 4d6
26
(
2
+
1
+
1
+
4
)26
= 34
rolling 2d6
(
3
+
4
)
= 7
rolling 2d4
12
(
4
+
2
)12
= 18
rolling 2d4
12
(
1
+
4
)12
= 17
rolling 1d4
(
2
)
= 2
rolling 2d4
4
(
1
+
2
)4
= 7
Jena C.: rolling 2d4
8
(
3
+
4
)8
= 15
rolling 2d6
(
1
+
5
)
= 6
rolling 1d6
(
3
)
= 3
rolling 1d6*10
40
(
4
)10+40
= 80
rolling 3d6+28
(
4
+
5
+
5
)+28
= 42
rolling 6d6
(
4
+
5
+
2
+
4
+
5
+
1
)
= 21
Jena C.: rolling 1d6
(
5
)
= 5
rolling 1d100
(
67
)
= 67
rolling 5d6
(
6
+
6
+
1
+
1
+
2
)
= 16
rolling 3d6
10+20
(
1
+
4
+
4
)*10+20
= 110
rolling 1d6
(
4
)
= 4
rolling 3d6
(
2
+
3
+
3
)
= 8
Jena C.: rolling 1d4
(
3
)
= 3
rolling 1d6
(
2
)
= 2
rolling 3d6
(
5
+
5
+
4
)
= 14
rolling 1d8
(
7
)
= 7
rolling 1d4
(
4
)
= 4
rolling 3d4
(
3
+
2
+
3
)
= 8
Jena C.: rolling 1d100
(
3
)
= 3
rolling 1d4
(
2
)
= 2
Ambrose Betamax: I AM HERE YAY
Zea: Hai.
AJ B. (GM): Alright, so everyones here. Excellent.
Ambrose Betamax: EXCELLLLLENT
AJ B. (GM): Alright so last week Melo ran some errands fixing things around town and reaxquiring his personal apc while Ambrose and Leah went searching through the basement maze and met a giant deeradillo thing. We left off with a week of timeskip which each of you gave me what your character will fill that time with.
Ambrose Betamax: (Have I learned anything about the deeradillo/made peace with it yet?)
Zea: (We’re getting to that)
Jena C.: (I find it slightly funny the former racist cat is now a dog)
AJ B. (GM): Ambrose you decided to spend it learning more about the thing living in your basement and trying to befriend/feed it. From your time with it you have learned it speeks in single words but due to whatever created it, it only speaks in randomish two word phrases. Specifically the first syllable/sound is the first portion of a word and the second syllable/sound of the second word combine to communicate. You have also learned that it was put down here as a guardian of sorts to eat tresspassers and that Cockatrice put it there, though she was unaware it could talk.
The creature has become at least fond enough of Ambrose to not attempt to eat him on sight. It is less fond of Leah who tends to stay back out of its reach and usually made herself scarce when Ambrose went to visit it.
Ambrose Betamax: (yay!)
AJ B. (GM): Alright, now clearing up whats gone on for Melo during the week of time.
Ambrose Betamax: (ok!)
AJ B. (GM): Your report of the project to Cockatrice, she sent some goons over to collect it so it is no longer in the garage.
The APC just had gotten a lot of sand and grit in it and hadnt handled being pushed to Melbourne all that well, repair was as easy as taking out parts cleaning and greasing them a bit.
Your time in the main office was well spent and you have at least managed to cut down the problem on the emails. Now it seems to be just inserting the message as a PS on every 10th email.

Melo is just as happy about getting that monstrous APC working again as having a chance to work on it, with a full garage at his disposal.
Ambrose Betamax: (I wonder what that incoming army was)
AJ B. (GM): The AI reported that most were successful but that one of the turrets wasn’t fixed properly and that 3 D-bees in the M quarter were killed before it could contact you.

Melo would have to take care of that turret, and very soon.
AJ B. (GM): Cockatrice has also told you that you are all free to explore the basement maze to your hearts content, she showed you a copy of the key to the map at the front of the wall but requested you not write it down.
Ambrose Betamax: (is our apc racist?)
AJ B. (GM): There was no real opportunity to get in contact with an Admin, although your request for a meeting has been passed along through the proper channels.
A few of the city mechanics have agreed to pass along work if their load gets too high but aside from that nothing is set in stone.
Finally, the tool you pulled from the SCP site. After careful examination and thorough testing, you have determined that it is a small measuring device that seems to search for other dimensional radiation.
Melo: (Neat!)
AJ B. (GM): Ok, I believe we’ve gotten through everyones time spent on the week and now its time to get on with the actual game. Currently Melo is in the garage as is common for him, Leah and Ambrose are preparing for the party they are planning to rob, Albion is sleeping in the chandelier above the dining room table.
Leah Razortongue: “So Betamax, think we should let Melo know where we’re going to be today?”
Ambrose Betamax: “hmmmmmm”
“sure, why not. Should we bring Albion to our robbery?”
Leah Razortongue looks up at the dragon and shakes her head “Not unless you can disguise him to look human.”
Ambrose Betamax: “aaaw.”
(From Vault): Commander, there is a call from the Administration. Shall I patch them through to the garage?
(To GM): Yeah, patch it through.
(From AJ B. (GM)): on a nearby computer screen a bored looking woman with straight brown hair and light blue eyes stares out. “Am I speaking to Melo?”
(To GM): would slide on over from the bench he was working at, simply trying to plan out some schematics or some such on his pocket tablet PC thing. “That you are, Ma’am. What can I do for you this afternoon?”
Leah Razortongue looks at Ambrose and thinks for a little bit “Alright, he can come on two conditions, you have to be able to pass for high society, and he has to pass for an exotic pet.”
Ambrose Betamax: “ok! Albion, wanna be an exotic pet?”
(From AJ B. (GM)): “There has been a situation reported in the outer areas of town. A group of thugs has gathered and is interfering with one of the Admins preperations. It was implied that you may be of help.”
Albion: Albion sniffs disdainfully “thric self tekilekir darastrix ornla rinov shala tikilvi usv tivol ekess relgr coi vi lincesa”
(To GM): “More than implied. Services are offered quite willingly, both as a peace keeper and as a member of the city. Do you have the specifics on hand? Address, numbers, and what sort of disruption they’re causing? Details of that nature, if I could be so forward. Like knowing what I’m about to get myself into.”
Ambrose Betamax: “Ah, ok then. I guess we’ll hob the human sized amoeba ourselves then.”
(From AJ B. (GM)): I’m afraid you have misunderstood me sir. The disruption is outside the city, one of the Admins requested provisions and their agent is being harassed. They are concerned they will not get what they paid for and are requesting someone go out and deal with the problem. As for the nature of it, most likely theft, threats, and whatever else the fools who refuse to live in the city prefer."
Albion: “svabol cirau di valuables tiric nomeno bvecko amoeba youwe tepoha?”
Ambrose Betamax: “good question. Leah, what kinds of things are we robbing?”
(To GM): That’d by my mistake, and why I ask. Thank you for clarifying, Ma’am. Guard duty and muscle’re more then easily provided. Could I get the name of the associate and where I should go to meet them, or a number I should reach them at?" And not once did he ask about payment.
Leah Razortongue: “Well, there are many valuable things in his house, but only some are going to fit into pockets. Ideally I am going to tell you where to find his safe, you are going to go crack it in whatever way you can, take everything out of it and leave. I will be downstairs draped on our hosts arm so that I can yank him away from trying to get near you. Inside the safe will be quite a few credsticks, gems, a large pearl and a little black book. The book takes priority.”

Ambrose Betamax translates that for albion.
(From AJ B. (GM)): The woman sighs and says “Allow me to start over.” She then places her hands one over the other. “An agent of one of our admins has already left the city to acquire provisions for which he has been paid. He has been gone for a little over two hours. He recently radioed back in, informing that delivery may be late due to interference by a gang of thugs. The Administrator has decided it would be prudent to send out assistance and your name came up as a potential temporary agent who could handle a combat situation.”
Albion: “kepatmasto, si mi persvek shar zyak letoclo ve sjek wux relgr ve dout lincesa persvek private wux geou nothave vi hoinp ekess stand shafaer”
(To GM): “Sounds like all that’s changed is he’s outside the walls. Still need a name and location of the gentleman so that I can go take care of the problem. How far out of town and in what direction?”
Ambrose Betamax: “ok!”
“Abion says he’s in if we promise never to call him a pet in private!”
(From AJ B. (GM)): I can take that as official acceptance of the job then?
Leah Razortongue nods “Alright, then aside from letting Melo know where we’re headed it sounds like we’re set.”
Ambrose Betamax: “HAY MELO WE”RE GONNA ROB A SCARY GUY WHO WILL LIKELY TRY TO KILL US ALL!"
Melo: (I can not convey to you how hard I’m face palming right now. I absolutely can not.)
(To GM): He’d turn aside for a moment, “Vault, prep for deployment. Standard armament, meet me in the garage in 2 minutes.” And then back to the screen. “I should ask how much the job pays before agreeing to it though.”
Leah Razortongue: (just to check, are you yelling that at the garage, or just yelling that in the house so Vault reports it?)
Ambrose Betamax: (just general yelling wherever we are right now)
(From AJ B. (GM)): “500 credits for delivery on time, the usual bounty for Gangers should you return with the usual proof, and if you find the agent willing to split or hand over their pay, he has been paid 2000 credits for this.”
Ambrose Betamax: (zea is now informing me that I probably just killed him)
(From Vault): A recording of Amrose’s voice plays in your head “HAY MELO WE”RE GONNA ROB A SCARY GUY WHO WILL LIKELY TRY TO KILL US ALL!" along with a time stamp of 30 seconds ago.
AJ B. (GM): (Thankfully party preparations are best done inside the house, not in a field outside a garage)
(Though Vault did here you)
Ambrose Betamax: (so we didnt kill zea? thats good ;o;)
(To GM): “Done.” And he’d try hard not to react to Vault’s relay. “Thank you for your patronage.” With that, he’d rise up and turn to get the skycycle revved up.
Melo: (Thankfully, not yet.)
AJ B. (GM): (not unless that just gave him a heat attack)
Jena C.: (I’d laugh if you guys died before I even got to meet you.)
Ambrose Betamax: (lol)
(ambrose is a bit reckless)

Melo is just going to leave it at that. He’s going to play dumb, and let the deer get himself killed. Right. Mmhmm. That’s exactly what he’s going to do. Try to let the deer learn on his own, what not to do. Granted, that strip of his leg that’s missing seems to be healing ok.. The blood that learned not to do things crazy like surely was in the meat that was eaten.

Melo ..sighs. “Fuck.”
(From AJ B. (GM)): “A final warning, you are advised to bring a good amount of firepower, There are at least 10 gangers. He said he was near the shadowcreek woods”
Leah Razortongue falls over laughing at Ambrose’s blunt way of putting things.
(To GM): “Thank you. Should be able to cover it.” And with that, he’d close down the coms, and then go about doing the above.
(From Vault): “Shall I prepare Ms. Razortongue, and Mr. Ambrose for travel as well?”
Ambrose Betamax: “right! to the robbery!”
AJ B. (GM): Ambrose, Leah, and Albion are all heading towards the gate as Melo comes out of the garage and sees them headed that way.

Melo heads over to the house, to fetch his gear more than anything. “Leah…” Its hard to give a withering glare when half of your face, mostly the parts used for glaring, are robotic and don’t have any expression to them. “I don’t want to know. I don’t want any part of it, I don’t want any knowledge of it, and I don’t want to have to ID two bodies at the morgue. Instead, I’m going to say these two things: One: Present City Directive is to shoot to kill any D-Bee caught committing any crime higher than a Class C19 offence. Two: I have some nice, safe contract work that involves putting laser beams in the throats of some road gangers outside the city to bring in lawfully paid for supplies. This contract includes salvage rights. You three are welcome to join me.” And with that, he’d turn to fetch his armor.

Ambrose Betamax asks leah what she thinks we should do.
Melo: (Retcon that; F20)
Leah Razortongue: “Damnit Melo, I REALLY want that book.” She then looks to Amrbose. “I think we can pull it off still. Though it is a lot riskier now.”

Ambrose Betamax worries about leahs safety, and is now conflicted between what she wants and whats more likely to keep her alive.
Leah Razortongue watches Ambrose think, and waits semi patiently. (For reference, that death thing means D-bees are killed for as little as breaking curfew)
Ambrose Betamax: “how important is this book?”
(also wow)
Melo: (Or littering)
Leah Razortongue: “To me, its highly valuable and I really want it. To the man we’re taking it from its the entire world.”
Ambrose Betamax: “And he was gonna drown you for fun. I’m sold.”

Melo would return in short order, this time armed and armored, “So. Judging by the fact that you’re not armed to the teeth, I’m guessing you’re not going to join me, correct?”
Ambrose Betamax: (I FEEL LIKE I"M HURTING MELO"S FEELS)
Leah Razortongue: “Look, unless you can guarantee me this is more valuable then an Admin’s entire world, I’m going to try for the big payday.”
Melo: (Not at all! He’s given fair warning, and if the deer-bee is dead-set on it, he’s not about to infringe on his free will to stop him. He’ll just ID the dead bodies. Its one thing to kill someone for money and revenge, its another thing to commit robbery for personal gain when one’s needs are met. Even more so when given legal opportunities for personal gain.)
Ambrose Betamax: (lol now I’m worried, melo is the only one keeping ambrose from death usually)
Leah Razortongue: (Cant you just feel the confidence he has in your ability to succeed at this robbery?)
Ambrose Betamax: (lol)
Melo: “Right. Back in a while.” And with that, he’d head out, robot in tow, to go out to the garage and head out to go shoot people. He’s good at this.
Ambrose Betamax: “uhm.” ambrose is a little shaken
Leah Razortongue: “Look Betamax, I need you at the top of your game for this, if you aren’t 100% on this, I need you to say it now, because middle of this job is not the time for cold feet.”
Ambrose Betamax: “…I can do eet, just you know….lets get back before curfew >>”
Leah Razortongue: “Can’t do it. His parties run late. Look, you’re iffy, I get it. Go with Melo, help him with whatever he is doing. I’ll go make an appearance at the party to keep the good doctor happy, and excuse myself early. No robberies and I’ll be perfectly safe.”
Ambrose Betamax: “but but I also wanna make you happpppppppy”

Ambrose Betamax is all cry-y now
Leah Razortongue: “We’ll get the book another time ok.” She scratches behind Ambrose’s ears. “It’s not going anywhere, as much as I want it, I’d rather we both live to use whats in it.”

Ambrose Betamax melts and says ok.
Leah Razortongue: (ok if no one objects going to timeskip things ahead where Ambrose and Melo get out near where they’re headed)
Ambrose Betamax: (ok)

Melo could only hope he’s judged the deer-bee right; The skycycle would be left at base camp, the APC pulled into the sunlight, the merc’ waiting by its door half way down the drive way in front of the house, for an armed Ambrose to emerge.
Melo: (Yep!)

Ambrose Betamax emerges, kinda depressed looking.
Melo: (Hopefully Ambrose remembered to bring his guns and body armor)
Ambrose Betamax: (he dids :P)
Melo: “Right. Look at it this way. You’re far, far less likely to end up beheaded this way.”
Ambrose Betamax: “…….fiiiine. But she REALLY wanted that book thing”
Melo: “Don’t tell me. Don’t want any details. I want plausible deniability. Ambrose, don’t forget, I’m a officer of the law in this city. Technically, I should have shot you both in the living room for even talking about it.”
Ambrose Betamax: …“thank you for not shooting us.”
Melo: “Forget about it. I swore I’d keep you alive to the best of my ability, plan to hold to it, even if I have to pull some damn dirty tricks to do it.”
Leah Razortongue: After a little while of driving you two arrive to see a dead Bunyip surrouned by road gangers. 7 of them in total, although three cycles have fallen on their sides and a matching number of corpses are there. They have not spotted you yet.
Ambrose Betamax: (ambrose still hasnt worked out why melo swore to do that :P)
Melo: (We’ll fluff something up for it.)
“Vault, warm up the cannons. See if you can spot their leader and give him a good warning shot.” Hopefully they’re still a good half mile out, at least.

Vault likely would have been manning the cannon and sensor suite the entire time. “Acknowledged, Commander.”
Vault: (Oh hey, map!)
Commander, there is no definitive leader.
Jena C.: (the ugly one is the leader…. oh wait.)
Melo: “Right. Remove one of them from the field of combat then. Lets get their attention.”
AJ B. (GM): (aiming for them directly or vehicle? All are on basic hovercycles.)
Melo: (Preferably one of the pilots)
AJ B. (GM): (when you’re ready roll to strike -5)
Vault: rolling 1d20-1
(
16
)-1
= 15
(He’s +4 to strike base, fuck all if I know what else he may get bonus wise)
AJ B. (GM): (Also, fair warning, most of these guys are in pretty patchwork beat up armor and none of them are wearing MD helmets.)
(Roll damage)

Vault was told to issue a warning shot. The kind of shot that removes people from combat. Without a sound, the APC’s high powered laser cannons both release in a single, heavy duty blast at one of the hovercycle opperators even as Melo is moving to get out of the APC with his rifle at the ready, and one of its masive wheels as cover.
Vault: rolling 1d6*10
(
1
)*10
= 10
(+2, sorry, missed that, so 12)
AJ B. (GM): (MD?)
Vault: (Yeah)
AJ B. (GM): As Vault lets fly it hits one of the gangers directly in the back where they are the most armored, and promptly tears through the armor the ganger and the other side of his armor. he slumps over as his bike moves a few more feet before coming to a stop. The rest of the gangers seem shocked and all turn towards the APC
Ambrose Betamax: (well I guess they’ve been warned)
Melo: “Attention. You are encouraged to stand down and disperse. You are in violation of Melbourne codes C16-C14-A04.” Would be spouted over the APC’s loud speaker, mostly for dramatic effect. “Further shots will NOT be as kind.”
Ambrose Betamax: (lol)
AJ B. (GM): A much smaller but just as lethal blast flies out from somewhere off to your left and another ganger goes down although none of the gangers seem to have noticed his death yet.
One of the gangers yells back “FUCK YOU! This aint the city.”
Melo: “Your terms are accepted.” Is all the reply he’d give to that call over the loud speaker. “Vault, take ’em out. Try to keep the bikes intact if you can.” And with that, his own gun would be raised, eye to his scope to start his own rate of fire.

Ambrose Betamax gets out his gun as well and tries to feel helpful.
AJ B. (GM): (time to roll init from everyone then)
Vault: rolling 1d20
(
8
)
= 8
Melo: rolling 1d20
(
3
)
= 3
Jena C.: rolling 1d20
(
4
)
= 4
Ambrose Betamax: rolling 1d20
(
6
)
= 6
AJ B. (GM): (Alright, then combat order is set, and its time to get rolling, Vault moves first)

Vault didn’t waste much time before raining hell down upon the bikers, one barrel of that laser cannon at a time.
Vault: (Nearest ganger, 5 o’clock)
rolling 1d20
(
4
)
= 4
(3 if that’s including the -5)
AJ B. (GM): (either way a failed shot)
(how many actions has Vault got total?)
Vault: (5 per round, one per 3 seconds)

Vault ‘s first shot goes wide, digging a hole into the dirt several feet deep some distance away before the laser’s energy was absorbed, likely creating a good burrow for some creature in the future.
Vault: (All 5 in a row, jah?)
AJ B. (GM): (yep, for now we’re still running with that)
Vault: (kk)
rolling 1d20-1
(
8
)-1
= 7
AJ B. (GM): (may change if you guys all end up feeling that battled be more fun with the raw)
(and again Vault misses)

Vault still aims wide at the ganger that was likely racing around and turning about to face the armored behemoth. Another quiet humm echos in the turret as it fires another single blast.
Vault: rolling 1d20
(
18
)
= 18
(17)
AJ B. (GM): (Thats a hit, roll damage)
Vault: rolling 4d6
(
2
+
4
+
2
+
6
)
= 14
AJ B. (GM): Once again it tears through him unfortunately the ganger while trying to dodge had managed to tilt his bike partially into the way. It scorches through and tears into him though and he is down. The bike lying upside down on top of his corpse.

Vault moved on quickly to the next target at 3 O’clock, the next barrel lighting up with that very soft internal hum of electrical power running through it, casually intoning over radio chatter to Melo’s headset, “One target down, Commander.”
Vault: rolling 1d20-1
(
7
)-1
= 6
AJ B. (GM): (and thats a miss)

Vault again misses, digging another hole into the dirt, the first barrel again flaring to invisible light as a laser fired.
Vault: rolling 1d20-5
(
13
)-5
= 8
(12, not 8)
AJ B. (GM): Although that last shot comes close the ganger manages to tilt his bike just enough to avoid being shot and yells “OI! THAT almost hit ME!”
Vault: (That’d be the last of Vault’s 5)
AJ B. (GM): (Alright, Ambrose and Charlie, you two have simul init)
Ambrose Betamax: (:O)
(pulls up character sheet. I believe I have 4 actions, but that I’m still in the apc right?)
Melo: (Correct; also, on the Stats page, Cell X13, put a 1 and press enter)
(Then go to the tools page)
Ambrose Betamax: (…..uhm.)
Melo: (As I figure out Ambrose’s rolls with him, Charlie feel free to go?)
Ambrose Betamax: (I’ll shoot at the closest one on the right side)
rolling 1d20 + 3
(
19
)+3
= 22
(I think I hit him O.o)
(I’m assuming I get out of the apc first)

Ambrose Betamax leaps out of the APC yelling “I JUST WANTED TO IMPRESS THE NICE LADY” and starts firing at bad guys.
AJ B. (GM): (yep thats a hit, roll damage.)
As you begin shooting a semi transparent, blue tinged bubble begins to form over the bunyips head, followed by a second one forming over its back, encasing it completely.
Ambrose Betamax: rolling 3d6 +
(
2
+
3
+
2
)
= 7
AJ B. (GM): Ambrose’s shot tears right into the throat of the ganger, decapitating him. His head rolls off the back of his bike as it continues its momentum briefly.
Melo: (Charlie, or Ambrose go again?)
AJ B. (GM): (yep, you’ve both got actions left.
Ambrose Betamax: (I guess I’ll just keep shooting at nearest guys till I run out of actions)
AJ B. (GM): (kk, roll to hit)

Ambrose Betamax keeps shooting, taking out his intense failed-to-impress-lady-he’s-falling-in-love-with-rage on these poor souls.
Ambrose Betamax: rolling 1d20 + 3
(
14
)+3
= 17
Melo: (15 if at -5)
AJ B. (GM): (Thats a hit, roll damage)
Ambrose Betamax: rolling 3d6
(
5
+
2
+
4
)
= 11
AJ B. (GM): two shots come out from the edge of the woods as Ambrose takes out his next target. The first misses and strikes the bubble around the bunyip causing a wave of blue to wash over it. The second, by some fluke of luck or by the will of the gods the ganger turns just in time and flips his bike fully upsidedown avoiding the shot, before spinning it upright.
(I believe Ambrose still has 2 actions correct?)
Melo: (Correct, unless 1 action was used to get out of the APC)
(GM’s call there)
AJ B. (GM): (nah, unless he’s moving far from it, was currently assuming more a hanging out the door and firing thing.)
Ambrose Betamax: (ah oki then ^^)

Ambrose Betamax keeps firing, all wild eyed and crazed looking. Don’t mess with a blue-balled deer-bee.
Ambrose Betamax: rolling 1d20 + 3
(
17
)3
= 20
AJ B. (GM): (hit, roll damage)
Ambrose Betamax: rolling 3d6
(
6
+
3
+
2
)
= 11
AJ B. (GM): (left or right one btw?)
Ambrose Betamax: (right)
AJ B. (GM): The second to last one has fallen. (one more action right?)
Ambrose Betamax: (I think so. what about charlie?)
Charlie: (I missed)
Ambrose Betamax: rolling 1d20 + 3
(
20
)
3
= 23
(criticaaaaaal)
AJ B. (GM): (yep, I’ve been applying and stating the effects of the actions as we’ve gone)
Melo: (Hot damn, you’re on a roll)
Charlie: (ahaha the power of love)
AJ B. (GM): (thats a hit, roll your damage)
Ambrose Betamax: rolling 3d6*2
(
1
+
3
+
4
)*2
= 16
AJ B. (GM): The deerbee fires at the last one, and tears right through the mans stomach into the back of his cycle, hitting some kind of weak spot on its engine, because the thing explodes a few moments later in a spectacular fireball

Ambrose Betamax feels a little better now.
AJ B. (GM): All that remains of that man is red mist, and the charred pieces of his bike scattered upon the ground
Ambrose Betamax: (lol)

Albion yawns and looks up from his nap in the back of the APC “tira si llewarin tivol?”

Ambrose Betamax looks at albion all wild eyed. “I feel much better now!”

Melo didn’t even get to squeeze off a single shot before the mass of gangers fell, though he spent those few moments of combat scanning for their reinforcements as well as that of the person he was hired to protect, “Alright. Come on out. You’re under the protection of contract work issued by the Administration of the City of Melbourne.” would broadcast over the APC’s loud speakers before he’d holster his rifle on his back and start heading out into the fray.
Albion: “kwi bensvelk, hak shilta si tepoha dout hoinp? im nugriup.”
Ambrose Betamax: “But I need my leg! There’s a bunch of guys we just shot out there you can have though…”

Charlie bristles silently in the bushes from the loud explosion. That better not attract more attention, the current situation is bad enough. “Okay, I’m coming out.” He shouted in reply to the APC voice. Charlie stands up from his hiding spot hands over his head to show he’s not hostile. Standing around 7 feet tall the giant wolf was rather gruff looking in his hunter’s outfit and green tinted goggles.
Albion: (melo is off for a few minutes, so response from him may take a bit, Im gonna grab some eats myself brb)
Ambrose Betamax: (ok)
Melo: (Back!)
Ambrose Betamax: (^^)
Albion: (back too)

Melo took only a moment to boost the amplification on his helmet’s loud speaker. “No need to put your hands up, we’re friendlies. I presume your’re the one who radio’d in for backup with the supplies the Administrator paid for?” And up to the nearest bike he’d go, to check to see if it was salvageable after taking a dive in the dirt, and in typical murder-hobo fashion he’d be checking the corpse for things worth taking. If he’s learned anything after all his time in the world after the coming of the rifts, its that you don’t let anything go to waste.

Ambrose Betamax helps albion find the best bits to eat.
(From AJ B. (GM)): From your time in the city you know that each gang has a tattoo on their left palm and that bringing in the left hands is the preferred method of proving bounties. Aside from that, their bikes are the only true valuables, and only three of them are in salvage worthy condition.

Charlie grimaced. No one had confirmed with him back up was on it’s way. At least the help was quick despite the lack of communication on the Admin’s part. “Yes. This beast here is the supply.” The shield surrounding the meat drops as soon as the wolfman is close enough. He inspects it for quality. "Thank you for the assist. " He watched the group fret over the dead bodies. They seemed rather … unprofessional looting the bodies with such vigor. Who was Charlie to judge really? If this wasn’t such an urgent job he’d be doing that himself. “Will you be escorting me to my destination as well?”

Melo wouldn’t waste too much time; a quick slice of a virbo-knife would be severing hands, though at least one would have been cut at the arm forward. Grisly work, but it was cheaper then buying meal to feed a growing dragon hatchling. “Yeah.” A glance at the giant dead beast. “Really hoping you’ve got a way to transport that thing?” Pay is pay, however.
Charlie: (Can charlie even see the dragon or is it in the APC?)
Melo: (Likely in the APC)
AJ B. (GM): (nah, its out with Ambrose eating fresh corpses)
Charlie: (are dragons common?)
Ambrose Betamax: (nope :P)
Charlie: (or is this gonna be a double take sorta thing)
Ambrose Betamax: (its a very small dragon of that helps)
AJ B. (GM): (In some areas yes, in australia not even slightly)
Melo: (Its going to be a lizard-like-cat, about the size of a large yorkie or.. uh.. Fuck. What’s that Cowboy Bepop dog?)
AJ B. (GM): (In Great Britain and Europe they show up a lot more)
Charlie: oh lmao corgi)
Melo: (Yeah. I think that’s about right?)
Ambrose Betamax: (I used to have a welsh corgi, was the best dog ever)

Charlie nodded and explained he’d bring his truck around. Mid speech the wolf stopped to do a double take. A small lizard thing was crawling about the dead with a large deer. Instinctively Charlie’s gun arm twitched. Australia never ceased to surprise him.
AJ B. (GM): (yeah sounds about accurate)
Charlie: (Charlie is gonna bring his truck and load the creature. If it weighs about 200lbs he can levitate it into the air and back the truck up :3 )
Melo: “Works for me. You gonna need a hand loading it?” Even as he spoke, he was moving on to the next bandit, collecting a left hand, maybe a bike, or failing that, a few bits and pieces that didn’t look utterly ruined; a spark plug here, a hover-jet there, and perhaps, and making notes of what bikes’re worth grabbing by standing them up right.

Melo also seemed very calm about the whole.. cat-like-lizard-dragon eating dead humans.
Charlie: (does Ambrose eat meat? A carnivorous deer sounds scary)
Ambrose Betamax: (ambrose doesnt, no)
AJ B. (GM): (Ambrose doesnt but the one in their basement does)
Ambrose Betamax: (yeah, did I mention we had a minodeer and a labrynth and everything?)
(None can survive our uh, malevelant…murdermaze….)
Melo: (Checking to make sure connection didn’t die)
Ambrose Betamax: (still here)

Vault would be more then happy to help load the 20 foot tall dream-demon.
Ambrose Betamax: (that sounds scary.)
AJ B. (GM): (Alright, everyone ok with timeskipping back to town?)
Ambrose Betamax: (sure ^^)
AJ B. (GM): (Yeah, Bunyips are kind of terrifying, that head basically tapers back into a wurmlike tail kinda thing.)
Charlie: (creepy)
Melo: (Yep! One fed dragon, 10 left hands with tattoos, three bikes loaded into the APC, and hopefully a hand full of parts to work on getting the 3 salvageable bikes back into working order)
AJ B. (GM): (Alright, Charlie, I need 2 Pilot Automobile rolls at -30)
Charlie: that’s d100 right?
AJ B. (GM): (yep, d100, the – is applied to the skill on your sheet)
Melo: (Yep! Roll under your skill)
Charlie: ah okay
oh god
rolling 1d100
(
22
)
= 22
37 is the threshhold :D
rolling 1d100
(
30
)
= 30
AJ B. (GM): (yeah, not easy driving with this thing loaded on but still successful it seems)
Melo: (Yay for 67 piloting skill!)
Charlie: so glad I picked that up
AJ B. (GM): (Also if you ever want to make the roll easier you can use
(the less then sign followed by number to auto calc)
(apparently putting it into the damn thing made it delete it)
Charlie: XD what?)
Melo: (Roll 1d100 lessthan sign [skill number] with no spaces)
AJ B. (GM): (We cant put the stupid carot thing in because it causes weirdness)
Charlie: rolling 1d100< 37
(
64
)
= 0 Successes
like that?
AJ B. (GM): (The next symbol is less than
(correct)
Charlie: ah okay thanks)
I’ll start using that)
AJ B. (GM): Alright, so you all make it back easily enough, and Charlie is able to deliver the Bunyip to the kitchen of the party. Where they take it and begin whatever preparations. The head cook thanks Charlie for bringing it and says “I hope we can continue to count on you for rare ingredients.” before he heads back inside.
Ambrose Betamax: (wait is this the same party as leah?
Charlie: (surprise!)
Ambrose Betamax: (HAY NOW WE CAN ALL ROB THE GUY TOGETHER :D)
Melo: (Nuuu… Melo is very unlikely to take part in any kind of robery, and he has things in the APC he needs to drop off)
Charlie: (why would I rob anyone?)
Ambrose Betamax: (because I seem like a nice guy?)
Charlie: (LOL hey I’m nice, help me rob this guy XD)
(Don’t you want time alone with Leah??? I guess I could be the third wheel)
AJ B. (GM): (admittedly if the guy asked Ambrose why he was there he’d probably tell him)
Charlie: lol that would probably be a bad idea)

Ambrose Betamax decides to use this oppurtunity to go look for leah…in full battle armor…with his guns.

Charlie tells the cook so long as he’s contracted he’ll bring back the best he can find and recommends he tell his boss to continue asking for Charlie’s services in particular. (omg Ambrose haha)
AJ B. (GM): (As in attempting to go into the Administrator Poseidons house?)

Melo wouldn’t be anywhere near this. Nope. He’d be at the main office to claim his bounty on the bandits, and hopefully get his standard contract price for what he was promised.
Ambrose Betamax: (YOU MUST KEEP ME ALIVE LOLOL)

Charlie spots the deer wandering away from the kitchens. Stopping one of the staff the wolf inquires, “Oh. Are we allowed in there?” If he was, whatever food table was out there had his name on it.

Melo can only hope to help in this way by taking Ambrose home first, after making sure that Charlie managed to get the meat dropped off, and maybe making some proper introductions. Maybe. Hopefully. Or.. uh.. Yeah, he has no idea where he needs to be right now. Lets hold off on handing in the rotting hands, however.
Charlie: (I’m hoping the cooking staff won’t be as hostile as whatever guards might be inside)

Ambrose Betamax grabs lil snacky foods as he passes buy people with fancy trays, not knowing how to spell “hors d’oeuvres”, he says" ooh, whore-dervs!"
AJ B. (GM): The staff member looks at you. “The administrators parties are always invitation only. Although I have heard he invited a young female deer to be a guest here.” As Ambrose reaches the door leading out of the kitchen he finds it does not open for him at all.

Charlie could have sword the deer was male….
Charlie: *sworn
“What a trap.” He grumbles to no one in particular.

Ambrose Betamax decides that this door has something personal against him and tries to force it open.

Melo calls out, “Hey, Ambrose, c’mon. Lets go get paid, and I’ll take you to dinner. Don’t think you’re on the invite list.” He’d try so very much to prevent the deer from getting arrested and killed. Right then and there. Please for the love of god let his timing be good.
Ambrose Betamax: “….fiine. But tell Leah I tried :O”
AJ B. (GM): One of the staff demands Ambrose stop right as Melo says that and the man talking to Charlie turns his head towards Ambrose. He then looks at the three of you. He turns back to Charlie. “Alright, look, I’m not supposed to do this, but the Administrator did say he wanted this party as memorable as possible. We booked a group from the M-quarter to perform, but they never showed, if you really need it I can let you in and say you are them.”
Ambrose Betamax: “Ooh ooh!”
“he’ll remember me I’m sure!”

Melo stops dead, that mental blink taking place. “Uh.. No. This is a Bad idea Ambrose. This is a very bad idea. Yeah, I’m sure they’d remember you. I know how bad you sing.”

Ambrose Betamax hmms.

Ambrose Betamax asks the guy if the door here works with a key or something, and if he has just such a key.
Ambrose Betamax: "also, I CAN sing so there! demo sings for the staff guy
AJ B. (GM): (Roll it if you’ve got the skill)
Ambrose Betamax: rolling 1d100
(
83
)
= 83
Charlie: XD oh dear)
Ambrose Betamax: (oh dear mines at 59)

Melo cringes at the singing deer.

Charlie starts howling
AJ B. (GM): “Please don’t do that again, I think you may have just killed my enjoyment of that song, or would have if I knew what it was.”
Ambrose Betamax: “Ok, so not three blind mice.”

Charlie scratches his chin. He really wanted that food in there. Been a long time since he had anything good at parties like this. “I don’t have any performance skills.” Technically he could do magic tricks, but that seemed like a bad idea. “Hey skinny jeans.” Charlie jabbed a finger into Ambrose’s side. “How much do you weigh?” Perhaps some ol’ circus tricks would be in order.
Ambrose Betamax: (I dunno how much I weigh oh dear. normal human sized deer weight?)

Ambrose Betamax looks sultry at him. “why dont you pick me up and find out?” (code for "I dunno)
Charlie: (Were do I find how much I can lift)
Ambrose Betamax: (I have circus skills too! I can telekinetic leap and disquise myself! :D
Melo: (130-200lbs for Ambrose)
(Also, what’s your Str and what type is it?)
Ambrose Betamax: (I’d be on the lighter side of that)
AJ B. (GM): (I can promise you that you could huck the deer to the roof if you wanted)
(41 Augmented PS)
Charlie: ah okay PS it is yes
Melo: (1,312 lbs)

Charlie snorts and lifts Ambrose up with one arm over his head. “Okay.”
Ambrose Betamax: “does this mean I get to be your sexy assistant?”

Charlie sets Ambrose on the ground. “Not in that outfit.” Guns were sexy only to a very niche group. Probably not anyone at this party though.

Melo internally is horrified of where this is going. “…Right.” And he had the exact same thoughts in mind.

Ambrose Betamax takes off his gun and his clothes and says ok, how about now?

Charlie looks over to the military looking fella. “You want in? The food is gonna be good, trust me I shot it myself.” Suddenly a naked deer. Charlie is speechless. Maybe this guy had taken a shot to the head back at the kill site…

Melo has to put a stop to this. Right now. “Nope. Nope nope nope nope. C’mon, we’re out of here. We’re leaving. Right now. Get dressed.” And he was frantically trying to get Ambrose to get back in his clothes before they were thrown out. And to the others in the kitchen, “I’m sorry, he’s not quite right in the head, y’know? I feel responsible, so I try to take care of him, but I can only do so much.. Vault, go warm up the car. You,” to Charlie, “Might want to make yourself scarce before Curfew. If you want, I’ll cover your meal back at our place.”
AJ B. (GM): The guy chuckles “Well if nothing else he could certainly pull of a comedy routine.”
Ambrose Betamax: “What, I hear the host is into this kind of thing”

Charlie buys all of Melo’s speech, feeling a tiny ping of pity for the poor deer-bee. The mention of free food makes up for the whole affair though. "Ahem. I will take you up on that offer. "
Ambrose Betamax: “aaaaw….But my little fettucini is in there!”
(yes, ambrose called leah his little pasta)
Vault: “Acknowledged, Commander.” And with that, he’d leave to go turn on the APC. He at least knows how to do that.

Melo just shook his head. “Ambrose, we’re here to make sure that the meat was dropped off on time and to collect our pay. We’ve done that. Now, we’re going to leave before we get shot. If you’d like, I’ll make sure to pick Leah up later on before its too late for her to be out.”
Ambrose Betamax: “….alright.”
AJ B. (GM): The guy shrugs. “Thats a shame, he’s going to be pissed about the entertainment, and Bunyip eyes are supposed to be better then caviar.”

Charlie scoots off to his truck to follow the APC, tail wagging. Dinner! He internalizes some sort of joke about taking home a doggie bag for later, just in case. At least the deer looks as though he’d enjoy the joke. MAYBE. If he got it. Seemed to take jokes a bit seriously. Actually between the robot and the guy that looked like he was allergic to smiling maybe humor wasn’t the best with this group.
Ambrose Betamax: (aaw. No robbery then?)

Melo would soon enough be escorting the deer off of the property, and into the truck. “Hey man, as much as you’re in love with that girl, I can’t let you go and do something stupid and get yourself killed. The rate you’re going.. Its gonna end up bad. I know the kind of crew she’s in.”

Melo hopefully would make an uneventful trip home.
Ambrose Betamax: “fiiiiiiine. But I thought she was in our crew.”
Charlie: (charlie doesn’t have a reason to rob the guy that just paid him for a job haha)
AJ B. (GM): (What, the fact he could pay you isnt a good reason to rob someone? Damn there went my main legal defense)
Charlie: (lol you’re a terrible lawyer)
AJ B. (GM): (Yes, I really am, because my advice would immediately start with, “Can you cartwheel into the courtroom?”)

Melo once home, would park the APC in the hangar, muttering to himself about needing to turn in those hands before they start attracting ants. They’d at least be tossed in a bag and into hopefully a freezer that was out in the garage before heading in. “So, name’s Melo. That’s Vault,” a thumb jerked over his shoulder at the robot, “And that’d be Ambrose. And this,” a vague hand-wave was given at the grounds, “Is home. Sorry for cutting you off from a dinner up there, but I think I can pull off something just as well.”
Charlie: (is this within the city or outside city limits)
Melo: (Within city walls)
Charlie: (so no magic tricks for dinner)
Melo: (Magic tricks in this house are fairly safe)
Charlie: (sweet!)
AJ B. (GM): (As you did have your character be established here, some reference points that you would know. The top dog in the underworld is Cockatrice, this is her personal safehouse, and the law rarely touches this place)
Ambrose Betamax: “I wanna show off the maze and my pet weredeer!”
Charlie: (oh geeze what did Charlie get himself into)
Melo: (And to put that in context, Melo just said this is home. That’s really gotta be setting off some alarms)

Vault would busy itself unloading the hovercycles from the APC’s bike-bay before coming in.

Charlie ‘s ear perk. Oh dear. “Your what?” Perhaps staying for dinner was a bad idea.
Melo: "Don’t ask. I wasn’t joking about him not being quite right in the head. So, dinner’ll be ready in a few." With that, he’d head upstairs and towards his room.

Charlie sniffs the air.
(To GM): The room, where he is going to be hiding the oven to make sure Ambrose doesn’t mess with it. A shower, armor put in place, clothes doned, and then to the oven, “Bunyip eyes, prepared exactly as they’re to be prepared this evening at Administrator Poseidon’s home, by the same chef.” He’d wait for the ‘ding’, and then open the door.

Ambrose Betamax sniffs charlie.

Melo would take at least a good 20 minutes; a shower first, because he’d just been out in the badlands, and removed people’s hands.

Charlie would probably smell like a really dirty dog.
(From AJ B. (GM)): Out on a solid gold platter sliced extremely thin but stacked high are two bunyip eyes. They appear to now be bloodshot and stare up as if angry and prepared for vengeance, the only sign of the slicing is a set of lines on the sides. In each you can see a reflection of yourself clearly.

Ambrose Betamax likes charlie already.
Charlie: (lol Charlie is gonna behave till it’s dinner time and stay in the room he was left in, unless Ambrose gives him a tour)

Ambrose Betamax shows off stuff! sexy, right?
Ambrose Betamax: “oh wait, you mean of the house.”
Charlie: (aha yes the house)

Ambrose Betamax remembers not to show the secret wine bottle maze to strangers and just shows off the nice uh…architecture and molding and stuff!
(To GM): “Thank you.” The platter set aside carefully; again, always nice to be polite to whatever it is that is making your food. “Bunyip meat, best of the beast, prepared exactly as its to be prepared this evening at Administrator Poseidon’s home. Enough to feed two people, please.” And once more the ding, the removal, “And lastly, a salad of simple greens, safe for human consumption, sourced from an area native to the Betamax tribe of Feni, please.” And again, he’d wait for the ding before radio’g Vault up to help him bring the food down.
Ambrose Betamax: “…right! and thats the the smaller than expected cellar! So how do you like all the parts of the house I’m allowed to show people? great right? it has grass in the yard.”
AJ B. (GM): After the tour, Melo and Vault come down and set food upon the table. A golden platter with two large Bunyip eyes, scorched blood red, reflecting the person looking at them, thin lines the only sign of slicing on them. A platter of what appears to be rabbit meat, well seasoned with a mint jelly dipping sauce. As well as a salad made of greens from Ambrose’s home region. As the food is being set down the door opens and Leah walks in yelling. “Screw the book, lets just kill him!”

Ambrose Betamax looks at leah and instantly busts into tears.

Melo “Leah! Glad you’re back safe and alive. I’d like to introduce you to our guest..!” Yep, defuse things and give fair warning, fast. What has the poor dog done gone and gotten himself mixed up in?
Leah Razortongue: “Betamax, Why the fuck are you crying?” She then turns to see the guest, then sighs “You have GOT to stop letting him bring home every stray he finds.”

Melo sighs, “My guest.”

Ambrose Betamax tells leah that it turns out they were supplying food for the party and they wouldnt let him in and then they would and then melo wouldn’t let him in even when I took off my clothes and then he made us go home even though we were RIGHT THERE and and and-
Ambrose Betamax: (etc.)

Charlie awkwardly sits at the table and tries not to draw much attention to himself until it’s too late. “Stray?” His back bristles a bit. “Perhaps it would be best if I took my meal to go.” He didn’t wait for Ambrose to finish recounting the tale to start excusing himself from the table.
Leah Razortongue: Leah calms some “Thanks for trying Ambrose, but honestly its a good thing you…” She sniffs the air and then looks at the table “Oh god please tell me you didn’t get Bunyip eyes.”
Ambrose Betamax: “charlie got the whole bunyip.”
Melo: “Have. Don’t ask where we got them.” Though he’d look to Charlie, “Don’t mind her; Ambrose has a habit of.. Bringing home things he shouldn’t.”
Leah Razortongue: She then turns to Charlie “Please, don’t leave on my account. The names Leah Razortongue, and if you’re Melo’s guest I’m happy to have you at the table. Just the Betamax here has a habit of adopting things that see him as a meal.”
She then turns to all of you. “I’d reccomend you not eat those, but if you insist on doing so I’m not going to stop you.”
Ambrose Betamax: “Well, I dont eat meat things anyways. want to share my salad?”
Leah Razortongue nods “Gladly, its got to be better then what they were serving tonight.”

Charlie wanted to make a joke about how that doesn’t seem to have changed but perhaps that was a bad idea. The wolf made a half bow to Ms. Razortongue. This house was insane. He tried not to be too insulted by the lack of respect for his kill.
Ambrose Betamax: (aaw you can’t blame deers for not eating meat :P)
Charlie: (nor could you blame a dog for needing to eat it XD I assume Ms Leah is just living up to her “razortongue” name by being harsh)
Leah Razortongue: (and like all deerbees is tribally named)
Charlie: (not that charlie would know would he? Not sure if deer people are common outback)
Ambrose Betamax: (betamaxes are an odd tribe)
Charlie: (I like to think Ambrose is the weirdest of them all haha)
Leah Razortongue: (definitely not common outback, in the us yeah, not so much here)

Melo didn’t even make the connection of the meat being part of the kill to Charlie; he was more amazed that the canine wasn’t asking where and how they got them from, seeing how as they were served at the big house. “I’ll take it under advisement. Can I ask why I’m not eating them?” And he’d take a seat, hands going up to massage at temples, the tray of meat pushed lightly in Charlie’s direction; guests eat first, after all. “..Fuck. I shoulda just made myself a burger.”
Leah Razortongue swallows some of the salad. “Rich people are nuts, thats why. The meat should be fine but I wouldn’t eat the eyes if you paid me, and not just because Im a vegetarian.” She takes another bite of salad pausing for a bit.
Charlie: Now that things had calmed down the wolfman took a few whiffs of his meal. “Do you guys casually have Bunnyip lying around or was this the same one from before?”
Melo: “Trust me, better not to ask. Let it suffice to say that its not from the same kill.”

Melo also turns to Leah. “Right. We get that. Side effects?”

Charlie nodded, it was a good enough answer. He dug in, trying to chew with his mouth closed now that he was in company of others. “A salad is hard to come by in the wild.” He mentioned casually.
Charlie: (Did melo just make me food without knowing what it did?)
Melo: (Just the eyes, based on the chef’s comment. Would Charlie know what they do? He’s far more local)
Charlie: I’d have to roll lore )
I assume they’re probably just gross as they were likened to caviar)
Leah Razortongue: “Apparently, Bunyip eyes are absolutely delicious, so much so that its almost impossible to resist seconds. Unfortunately they come with an interesting little side effect. One bite after an hour of digestion gives you 15 minutes spent in either a delusion or possibly litterally in hell. I wasn’t exactly clear on what happens, but apparently Bunyips have some nasty defenses even when dead. Each person describes the experience differently but always with the same final two lines. ‘It was the worst thing I ever have or will go through’ and ‘I would love some more.’”

Melo can only stop and look at Ambrose. Wait for it.. Wait for it…

Ambrose Betamax decides what the hell, eand eats an eye or two….or 5.
Charlie: “That’a boy. Don’t let your inner demons scare you away from a good meal”

Melo would reach out a hand to stop the deer as he reached for the eyes, satisfied. “..Really man, Really?”

Ambrose Betamax says “Clearly this will be a religious journey of discovering the secrets of the great betamax!”
Leah Razortongue: Leah stares at Ambrose, utterly astonished and completely dumbfounded. “He got dumber while I was gone right? Its not just me, he has actually gotten stupider?”

Charlie reaches over and spears a piece of eye on Ambrose’s plate before stuffing it into his own maw. “Melo, I hope you don’t mind but I might need to spend the night. Can’t go driving like this.”
Ambrose Betamax: “ALRIGHT LETS DO THIS” eats

Melo just.. stops. And lets the deer’s hand go. “Eat up boys. You’re welcome to spend the night. I’m.. Gonna go make myself a cheese burger. Would you excuse me for a moment?”

Charlie nods to Melo before going back to his plate. The wolf man is excited he finally has a Bunnyip eating partner. “First one to squeal for their mommy during the spiritual journey is the loser.”
Ambrose Betamax: (I’ll probably end up with a dream thats all clouds and rainbows or something :P_
Charlie: (with leahs made of pasta flying around)
Ambrose Betamax: (lol)

Melo just nods, and rises from the table, returning to his room for a few minutes.
Charlie: (I have nothing else to do but trip out at this point I assume)
Leah Razortongue: (you each have an hour before you trip out)
Leah Razortongue just watches what may be the two least sane individuals she’d ever met eat their dinner.
(To GM): “Sorry to put you through such a work out tonight. Could I get a nice, simple bacon cheese burger, like the kind my dad use to make in the summer on a BBQ, and a chocolate milk shake made with real ice cream, please?” Yeah. He needs comfort food. Badly.
Leah Razortongue: (assuming no one has anything they specifically wish to do in that hour I’ll skip ahead a bit)

Melo has himself a burger, and comes back down to watch the tripping of balls take place.
(From Leah Razortongue): out pops both, although the chocolate milk shake appears to have sprinkles that look more like miniature stars on top of it.
Ambrose Betamax: (before it starts can I tell leah “see you soon my little fettucini?”)
Leah Razortongue: (sure)
Ambrose Betamax: “SEE YOU AFTER, MY LITTLE FETTUCINI
Leah Razortongue looks at Ambrose and wonders if he just ate the eye because he was already stoned.

Melo enjoys bacon based foods, and otherwise seems to be enjoying a glass of some thick drink with glimmering sprinkles on it. Had to be cold because it was beading up with condensation outside of the glass.
Leah Razortongue: Ambrose, as your trip begins you at first find yourself in a tiny elevator with Leah just standing next to you, both of you cramped in the tiny metal box, as a voice echoes inside it. “Hello, I am a doctor, your girl is very sick and she needs help. Will you let me help her?”
AJ B. (GM): (replace that with gm)

Charlie is lying comfortably on the ground on his back ready for the ride whenever it sets in.
AJ B. (GM): Charlie, your trip begins with you sitting at a fancy dinner party, surrounded by well dressed and extremely polite individuals. One of them turns to you and says “Charles, would you indulge us with a bit of magic?”

Ambrose Betamax probably needs to roll for the elevator.
AJ B. (GM): (roll it 3 for the bravado I assume youd put on for Leah’s sake.)
Ambrose Betamax: (its d100 right?)
AJ B. (GM): (d20_
(d20)
Ambrose Betamax: rolling 1d20 + 3
(
14
)
3
= 17
AJ B. (GM): (You manage to push past your fear of the confined space but are still really uncomfortable.)

Ambrose Betamax replies to the phantom voice. “Yes, please, and a bit more space to be in would be very helpful too…”

Charlie is very self conscious as he is pantless at this fancy party. Charlie starts by levitating some objects from the table into the air.
AJ B. (GM): The elevator doors open and two women in full biosuits come and pull Leah out of the elevator, she seems to be fighting them and trying to scream but isnt making a sound, her fur is flashing through a ton of colors. The voice again, “Please calm her, we don’t want her getting hurt, we just want to help.”

Ambrose Betamax desperately tries to calm her down. “Omg whatever is wrong they’ll heeeelp”
Ambrose Betamax: (meanwhile flynt watches as we wet ourselves.)

Melo is getting far less of a show then the deer and dog, mmhmm.
AJ B. (GM): As the guests watch you levitating things, you feel like there is some odd detail to their outfits that you just can’t place. One of them laughs “Come on, any psychic can do that, lets see some true magic.”
Leah looks at Ambrose and slumps down, the look in her eyes one of complete betrayal. The elevator doors close and it is a bit more spacious, a chair has even appeared in front of you facing the back wall.

Charlie charlie bristles, lighting himself on fire. “Can any psychic do this?!”
AJ B. (GM): One of them laughs harder “Classic Burster trick.” Another chuckles “Probably is just a charlatan, makes the common folk think he is magic when he’s just another brain bomb.”

Charlie , now completely naked and feeling rather exposed attempts to cast Befuddle on the crowd. If they were “too smart” to appreciate his talents he’ll just dumb them down a bit.

Ambrose Betamax wonders what this room is about.

Melo casually turns to Leah, “So, I’m going to preface this conversation with ’I’m a peacekeeper’. I’m guessing the evening didn’t go over too well?” Aww, look at da puppy! He’s chasing something in his sleep!

Charlie whimpers and wiggles his legs
Ambrose Betamax: (lol)
AJ B. (GM): As you cast it on one of them, the details on their clothes become clearer, they all have the Coalition insignia somewhere on them, one slaps a set of specially made manacles fully binding your hands, and another slams a solid steel muzzle on you. The smiles become grins of fully evil intent as they begin measuring you. “So boys, the steel coffin, or the devils noose for this one?”
Again the voice in the elevator “Mister Betamax if you would please have a seat and face the wall, we will begin your paramores treatment.”

Ambrose Betamax sits down. slowly.

Charlie struggles, trying to claw at any of the insignias he could reach. He casts wildly, if they were going to take him in for no good reason he’d give em one! "Trickery! Foul Coalition gut rotting dead brained lunatics! " He multiplied himself over and over, each iteration thrashing around as desperately as the last.
AJ B. (GM): As you sit you feel invisible bands tighten around you pinning you to the chair making it impossible to move, and the elevator darkens, even your head is held in place. A projection appears on the wall of Leah tied to a table, a man with a deranged leer on his face and every cruel and sadistic tool imaginable is scattered around the room. Right now he is tightening a pair of thumbscrews on and she is continuing to scream without sound.

Ambrose Betamax completely freaks out.
Charlie: (better hope this doesn’t turn into a saw movie)
(Betamax, let’s play a game)
Ambrose Betamax: rolling 1d20
(
8
)
= 8
(sorry that was for my own edification)
(seeing how much I freak out)
(I dunno what that means tho :P)
Melo: (That would be a failed HF roll most likely)
AJ B. (GM): Unfortunately, they muzzle you before you can cast, without words your spells have absolutely no effect and they quickly have you fully bound so that you can’t do anything but suffer whatever they choose, eventually a consensus is reached and they claim you will be taken to the devils noose. You are dragged to a cliff with a single tree that has a large branch hanging far out over the edge. You are taken into the tree and a rope is tied around your ankle before you are dropped to hang upside down over the cliff, still helpless to use your magic. They then head off “Struggle and fall, or wait and Starve, it matters not.”
Ambrose is subjected to watching more of Leah’s torture and all the while the doctor talks, as if Ambrose had agreed to each of his treatments. When he raises a scalpel to her eyes Ambrose wakes in the house with an unearthly craving for more Bunyip eye.

Charlie mutters something about eating their children in their sleep but the faces and symbols are too far away to hear anything. Foam dripping from the muzzle the wolf man slowly swings suspended over the seemingly bottomless chasm howling in the wind

Ambrose Betamax looks to see how charlie is, calmer now that the dream ended.
AJ B. (GM): As you swing the rope loosens and on the backswing your ankle slips loose and you fall, seemingly to your death, waking right before you hit the ground with an unearthly craving for bunyip eyes.

Charlie thrashes around wildly as that gross chill of falling crawls up his spine. He stares around forgetting briefly he wasn’t at home. That eye stuff is pretty gnarly.

Melo holds idle conversation with Leah, until the deer- and dog-bee wake up. “Howdy. Hungry?” Jerk.
AJ B. (GM): Leah looks at the two of you as you wake up. “You two may be the dumbest creatures I’ve met, and I knew people who picked fist fights with Mega Juicers.”
Charlie: “Oh I’ve done that before.” Charlie wasn’t quite all there yet.
“Thing wouldn’t blend my carrot. Appliances.”
Ambrose Betamax: (lol)
(charlie and I are gonna get along :P)
Leah Razortongue: “Can we dissect them to find out which skull is thicker?” she asks Melo.

Melo just shakes his head. “Not until they’ve safely died of natural causes, and only if they sign the release forms before then.”
Leah Razortongue: “Is being eaten or shot a natural cause now? Because thatd be my bet on their deaths respectively.”

Charlie thinks they are talking about carrots. He nods in agreement with everything they say still trying to get his head on straight.
Charlie: (oh yes, they’ll be buds for taking this spiritual journey together)

Melo hums. “Eaten, yeah. Shot? Not quite so much.”

Melo has been through hell before. Its called ‘The coming of the rifts’.
Leah Razortongue: (ok, need each of you to roll a save vs poison, d20+whatever bonus is on sheet for that)
Ambrose Betamax: rolling 1d20 + 21
(
9
)21
= 30
(deeeeeer has anti poison powers yay :P)
Charlie: oh dear I’m bad at this)
Melo: (Sorry, I don’t have your sheet handy to refrence)
Leah Razortongue: (right side of second page)
(should be a bunch of saves)
Charlie: non lethal?)
Leah Razortongue: (non lethal)
Charlie: so 1d20 + base?
Leah Razortongue: (no the number under base is the standard that youd roll against)
(next number over past the parenthesis)
Charlie: it’s blank
Leah Razortongue: (then straight d20)
Charlie: rolling 1d20
(
11
)
= 11
I’d like to cast the poison thing as well to prevent any further illness
if I’m able to)
Leah Razortongue: (roll a save vs possession)
Charlie: This is like, the worst parto f my character LMAO)
Ambrose Betamax: am I rolling that save as well?
Charlie: rolling 1d20
4
(
12
)+4
= 16
Ambrose Betamax: (sry)
Melo: (Nah, you saved vs posion)
Leah Razortongue: (nope, you saved vs the poison) Alright you are able to cast it and as you finish casting you find a piece of eye in your hand that you seemed to be about to eat.

Charlie offers it to Ambrose
Ambrose Betamax: (oh thats mean but I think since I passed my test I dun want it)

Ambrose Betamax shakes his head. vehemently.

Charlie chuckles and slowly gets up to toss the bit of eye back onto the table. Stuff like this was way easier to handle when he was much younger.
AJ B. (GM): (correct, the poison basically causes a possession effect to make someone eat more, though they tend to grow temporarily resistant after a second trip)
Charlie: (you know that woulda made stealing the book easy if everyone was tripping out haha)

Ambrose Betamax says “wow, my greatest fear is leah getting hurt ;o;”
Leah Razortongue: “Oh look, a sane action, and I thought for sure we wouldn’t get to see that tonight. Now Betamax, tell me was the secret to your name down there?”
Ambrose Betamax: “No….it was an elevator and were were stuck and some scary doctor totured you D:”

Charlie mumbles something about lack of pants.
Leah Razortongue: Leah looks at Charlie, “Ok, so we avoid nudist colonies, that can’t be hard right?”

Charlie shakes his head. “it’s too late, I’ve seen it all….” He glances at Betamax.

Melo shakes his head. “Yeah.. That doesn’t sound so bad, really. No offence.”
Charlie: (I got nothing left to do for the day I suppose)
Melo: “So. I still’ve yet to catch your name.” To the dog who’s still recovering from his trip.

Albion Saunters in, flutters up to the table and devours whats left of both the eyes and the meat.

Ambrose Betamax watches this.

Melo is in the livingroom, and unaware of this.

Charlie holds out his hand to shake. He hoped no dog jokes would crop up. “Charlie.”
Charlie: (that poor creature)

Melo shook that offered hand, “Melo Craft. Mechanic and cleaner. A pleasure to meet you.”
AJ B. (GM): (alright, think that may be a good place to call it if no one objects?)
Charlie: (yup all good)
Melo: (I’m thinking its a good stopping point, yep)
Ambrose Betamax: Ok ^^
Melo: (So, welcome to Rifts.)
Charlie: (complicated character sheet)
Zea: Today’s date is November 2nd. EXP is about to be given.
AJ B. (GM): Alright, so time for xp then. base 250 for each of you. An extra 35 for the deer man for indulging his curiosity and playing up his infatuation. An extra 45 for the wolfman for bringing more laughter into the game, and an extra 40 for Melo for protecting Ambrose even against his own instincts.
Zea: And that statement is so that I have something I can easily Ctrl F to at a later date.
Charlie: lol
smart move
AJ B. (GM): yeah, the record keeping can be a pain
Ambrose Betamax: >>
<<
AJ B. (GM): when you have time send Melo your current char sheet and he can make it, ummm is simpler the right word for what you do to these sheets?
Ambrose Betamax: silently kicks self
Zea: haha
Yeah.. Simpler.
We’ll go with that.
Ambrose Betamax: he can use his magic on it
to….magic it
AJ B. (GM): why kick yourself, because you temporarily lost your comedian title in favor of character growth and drama?
Ambrose Betamax: (cause my record keeping sucked :P
hay
Zea: Hai!
AJ B. (GM): yay, everyones here
Let the insanity commense.

Jena C. around the bunnyip eyes
AJ B. (GM): Recap Theatre:(Insert finger puppets here) On our last adventure our group of intrepid adventurers met a new comrade in arms when they were sent out to help acquire bunyip meat for an Administrators party. After which they returned successful having slaughtered a band of roadgangers. From there they decided to sit down to a similar meal to that of the one at the party. Only to learn that part of what was served attempts to send you to some kind of hell dimension, at least mentally. Which of course two of our intrepid band promptly ate. We left off just after they finished their trip out of reality, and if no one objects I will skip to the next morning.

Melo is quite ok with getting a full night’s sleep.. Though if the bounty office was open (Why in the world would they be at this time of night?) he’d go turn in his hands first.
AJ B. (GM): (They are not)

Melo would just have to wait until morning. Woo refrigeration.

Ambrose Betamax sleeps. hopefully with leah :P
Charlie: lol)
AJ B. (GM): You are all able to sleep soundly through the night as it is uneventful.
Ambrose you awake to Leah lying next to you clutching her chest and gasping, her hand weakly reaching for the nightstand where she has left her shot.

Ambrose Betamax panics and shoots her with her shot.
(From Vault): “Commander there is a possibly damaged human standing in front of our gate.”
Leah Razortongue gasps for breath and says something almost completely unintelligible.
AJ B. (GM): Charlie, you wake up in a luxurious guest room, of a house that clearly isnt yours.
Charlie: What’s up with Leah)

Melo rouses in the morning, unaware of the drama within Ambrose’s room. A comfortable bed really is a nice change of pace. Though within moments, there’d be a casual curse under his breath, along with some more quiet muttering. A moment to try and clear his head, and then clothing would be quickly put on.
(To GM): “Vault, define damaged.”
AJ B. (GM): (She’s a drug addict, who’s addicted to a drug with the Street name “Crash” its used by wannabe Juicers to try and imitate their idols)
Charlie: ah okay)
AJ B. (GM): (Every morning she has a 50/50 shot of either heart failure or being comatose for 1d4+1 days)
(From Vault): “I can not be sure if he is damaged however he is largely unresponsive to any attempt to address him. Although he does appear to inhale strongly through his nose when I attempt to engage him”
(To GM): “So not damaged like Ambrose. Good, this is’ll be easier to deal with. I’ll be there shortly. Any signs of blood?”
Leah Razortongue again attempts to speak, the sounds are faeriespeak none of them create any words.
(From Vault): “No sign of blood or any other appearance of physical damage. Perhaps a 404 error?”
Charlie: oh god)
(To GM): “Possible. Organs, or chemical. Or a heavy sleeping drunkard.” At least there was slightly less urgency in his voice. “Standing, and any signs of armament?” Nope, no body armor, but his side arm would be present, along with a knife, just in case.

Melo would soon enough be walking out the front door, clad in casual civies, pistol with him, along with a knife. As far as the other goings on in the house? He’d remain slightly oblvious.
AJ B. (GM): As you exit you see Vault standing at the gate opposite a well dressed man wearing a bowler hat, tapping his foot impatiently.

Melo calls out, “G’morning. Can I help you with something?” Nope, no hurry at all towards the gate.

Charlie is sleeping in and enjoying a nice bed.
AJ B. (GM): He waits until he can speak in a normal tone before responding. "Yes, I was told this was where I could find both a Mr. Charlie, and a Ms. Leah Razortongue. I was also instructed to ask about the wellbeing of the Earl of Chicago and his holdings.
Charlie: o xo uh oh.)
Ambrose Betamax: (My holdings are just fine, cant you see the grass?)

Melo might be suspicious, but that was normal enough. Though once within talking distance, “Coulda told him that.” A thumb would jerk at the robot, “As far as I’m aware, the Earl is still asleep though his holdings are well enough, and considering I’ve got the keys to the garage, fairly sure Charlie is still about. As for Ms. Razortongue? Hell if I know if she stuck around last night. C’mon in, can find out, maybe get you some coffee?”
AJ B. (GM): He walks through the gate. “Thank you for the kind offer but no, once I have spoken with Mr. Charlie and Ms. Razortongue I will have to be on my way. As for speaking to your machine, although I am a servant I refuse to lower myself to speaking to those lacking in a soul.”
Charlie: dems fighting words)
Melo: “Reasonable enough, though I presume it’d make leaving a message on an answering machine difficult. Might I inquire as to your name?” A momentary bit of banter even as he started walking towards the house, the door opened to let the man in after crossing the grounds, opulent and well kept as they were.
AJ B. (GM): “My employer has others do any of his electronic tasks, I am strictly employed when a physical presence is preferrable. My name is Ovno, I assume you are Sir Melo?”

Melo nodded. “That I am. Come on in, have yourself a seat.” A hand would wave toward the living room. “I’ll see if they’re awake. I suppose I should presume you’re not here to arrest or harm my house guests?”
AJ B. (GM): “Not unless they attempt to injure or impede my work in any way. I am here to deliver a message to each, and return with a response as well as to extend an invitation to yourself and the Earl, should it prove of any interest to you.”
Melo: “Appreciated. Can never be too sure these days, y’know?” And up the stairs he’d go, to pound on doors. “Yo, play your own damn Reveille, I don’t know how to play a bugle. Get up, you’ve got a guest,” would be that rather loud call from the walk way.

Ambrose Betamax mumbles.
Leah Razortongue gets up shrugging and looks at Ambrose once again speaking what might be faeriespeak but its really hard to tell. before heading out towards the hallway.

Charlie steps out of his room and peeks out of the doorway. “When’s breakfast?” Surely the call for a visitor was for someone that actually lived at this place and not for him. After all a guest with a guest is just silly

Melo would be half way down the stairs by the time Charlie made his way out of the room; he’d been pounding just as hard on the dogthing’s door. “Hell if I know; I said dinner, not a full day’s meal. I’ll see what we’ve got in the kitchen.”
(From Vault): “Commander is the damaged human supposed to be in the kitchen?”
AJ B. (GM): All of you can smell the scent of a full scale breakfast of waffles, pancakes, omelets, sausage and bacon being cooked and wafting through the house.

Melo might be caught off guard by the smell of food being prepared. He really could get use to this. Upon walking into the kitchen, “Well, this is unexpected.”

Charlie gets dressed and goes down stairs. Smelled like breakfast was on them as well!
AJ B. (GM): The man turns over his shoulder. “I am used to a house starting out with a good meal, and as you were just waking them I assumed there has not been one prepared. I apologize for anything that is lacking, Although you are well stocked I might advise looking into getting some fresh herbs and spices.”
Melo: “The gesture is quite appreciated. Charlie and Leah’ll be down shortly. Haven’t had too much of a chance to fully stock up the place.” He’d go about getting plates, and setting up a table. Hey at least he was helpful, even if he wasn’t about to do any of the cooking.
AJ B. (GM): (will have to head out to pick up some meds in a few. will be gone for a brief period)
Charlie: (okay)
Melo: (kk)
Jena C.: I guess I’ll take this time to take a shower really quick)
all packed and ready to go, so I shouldn’t need to step away from my computer anymore till my ride comes)
AJ B. (GM): back
Melo: (Back, too)
Jena C.: (wb)
AJ B. (GM): The man plates out everything in a self serve breakfast style as he waits.
Leah Razortongue leads Ambrose down to breakfast,

Melo gets himself some breakfast, and awaits the others in the household.

Jena C. also gets some grub, not being shy about heaping helpings
Charlie: oops pretend that was charlie)
AJ B. (GM): Once everyone is down the man sits down abstaining from any of the food. “It is a pleasure to meet all of you. First Administrator Poseidon sends his apologies to Ms. Razortongue that she had to leave early and did not enjoy her time.” He says the name Poseidon with great disdain.
Charlie: (who is that?)
Melo: (The Admin who paid you to get demon meat)
Charlie: (ah okay, only been referred to as Admin whenever anyone talkeda bout him XD)

Melo doesn’t have much to comment on, when it comes down to it. He was there to bring demon meat.
AJ B. (GM): Leah just nods without speaking. and the man moves on after a minute. “Mr. Charlie?” He looks towards the wolfman as if sizing him up.

Charlie Charlie looks up from his plate, a slab of meat hanging from between his pearly whites.
AJ B. (GM): “I was told you are good at acquiring unique and difficult types of meats. Do you have any reservations about particular types of acquisition requests?”

Charlie one gulp and the slab had disappeared. “Nothing against the law.” That wasn’t entirely true. He’d done some iffy jobs before that skirted around what was legal or not, but that was the safest answer for now.
Charlie: (I assume bunnyip aren’t against the law to hunt, are they? Just really big scary creatures)
Melo: (They’re demons outside the city, likely safe)
Charlie: o xo if this guy asks for venison…)
AJ B. (GM): (no bunnyip are not illegal to hunt in any way, technically unless your in a town nothings illegal to hunt)
(humanity kind of gave up protecting the environment when it started trying to kill them)
“Thats fine. Administrator Giovan wants to make his next suarey extremely memorable and has a list of things he wants acquired for it. However most hunters are a bit squeamish about some of his requests.”

Melo simply listens in, enjoying himself some waffles.

Charlie chuckles. “Most creatures are squeamish about me.” He throws out one of his award winning horrifying toothy smiles. “Nothing is too much for me to take down around these parts. I’d be happy to hunt for Admin Giovan again.”
AJ B. (GM): (Giovan hasnt hired you before)
Charlie: Oh my bad)
AJ B. (GM): (Poseidon was the prior hire)
Melo: (Retcon the word ‘again’ quick! Grin)
Charlie: yes ^)
AJ B. (GM): "Alright, well here is his list. He needs three whole gatormen, if possible one of them alive. A Bunnyip dead. The heads of the top three “Fiendwheel” gang members. As well as four cassowaries, alive if not then that can be left off the list, but the rest is non negotiable."

Ambrose Betamax perks up.
Ambrose Betamax: “I want to keep a cassowary and train it as a mount.”

Melo might blink. “That’s.. a hell of a list.”

Charlie pats down his greasy jaws with a napkin. Was the admin putting together a freakish petting zoo or what? “Interesting request. Do I have a time frame?”

Charlie leans to the side to tell Ambrose that he can keep any dead ones. They already know “lay down, play dead, and won’t ever buck you off.”
AJ B. (GM): He looks to Melo. “Indeed, The Master, and Admin Poseidon have a friendly rivalry going over who can throw the better parties. As for a timeframe, We would need all of this within three weeks.” Finally he turns to Ambrose “Well Sir, once the festivities are complete perhaps we can help you with that. Finally Administrator Giovan wishes to extend an invitation to all of you to be at his party.”

Melo chuckles with an amused headshake before finally leaning back in his seat. “Who am I to turn down Grand Master G?” Though he did have some personal reservations about bringing in a live gator-man.. Why did he have more reservations about that, then say, killing the leaders of a group of road gangers? “Suppose we need to keep the faces pretty?”

Charlie is amused by Melo’s sense of humor. “Let’s just invite them to the party too, No sense in making it a struggle.”
AJ B. (GM): “Unfortunately we do need their heads detached from the bodies, and yes we need the heads pretty. Although you are free to invite the Gatormen, though we will have to kill two of them and that will cut down your payment.”

Melo shrugs before looking at Charlie. “Well, its your contract. That an order you can fill on your own, or you think you’ll need some extra muscle?”

Charlie nods. “Some help would be best. Wouldn’t want another bunnyip situation.” Judging by the last job’s score, this one ought to be more than enough to split between himself and this rest.
Charlie: *the rest
AJ B. (GM): “If there is nothing else I do have other messages that must be delivered.”

Melo nods. “Well, fair split plus the cost of Ammo, and you’ve at least got me ’n the droid.” And then to the man who made breakfast. “Thank you most kindly for breakfast, and please let Grand Master G know that at the least, I should be in attendance as long as his supplies are delivered on time.”
Charlie: “I’ve no further questions.” The whole affair seemed pretty straight forward. Finding out information on the Fiendwheels won’t be too difficult. Hardest part might be to keep the other guys from blowing away the targets rather than capturing. Charlie figured he’d cross that bridge when he gets there.
AJ B. (GM): He nods and heads out. “Thank you, we look forward to seeing you then.”

Melo eventually would finish eating, “Shoulda asked how much it pays, but we can deal with that later. 40% split for you, 60% split among the rest of us?” A vague hand wave given to the rest at the table. “Figure that covers rounds and gets you more funds then the rest of us?” Up to start washing dishes he’d go.

Charlie picks his teeth. “Those admin guys look like they are frugal with their cash? They pay loads to get whatever they want. Pretty sure we will be compensated nicely.” Charlie shook his head. “So you want me to split the money well in your favor AND pay for ammo? I think that rather generous 60 covers the deal completely.” He rarely worked with another person let alone several. Negotiation wasn’t his strong suit. If it went sour he always had a few tricks up his sleeve.

Melo headshakes. “Sixty, split among all the rest of us, fourty share for you. Means twenty each if Leah joins,” A nod given at the deer, “Or thirty each for Ambrose and I alone.” A shrug. “And I try not to go hog wild with shots if I can avoid it.”

Melo adds. “That said, sounds fair ‘nuff. One of these days, need to build m’self a proper charger into Epok.”

Charlie stretches in his seat. “Eyeaaaah, well, how you fellas deal with your half ain’t my business. All I gotta do is make sure I get food on my table. At least when polite strangers aren’t offer’n me trippy eyeballs and fancy morning grub. By the way, is there any order you want to do this in?”

Melo clean clean clean, with military efficiency. “Can cover food shouldn’t be too hard to get. And I figure whatever we can catch first. Birds’re.. Birds’re something I’m a touch leary of, ‘cause hell if I know how to keep ’em alive. The Croc men worry me, too; sentient, aren’t they?”
AJ B. (GM): you guys want to call it here then?
Zea: Yeah, for the best.
Today’s date is November 8th. EXP is about to be given.
Just for record keeping, even if EXP is 0
AJ B. (GM): 250 each
Zea: works for me
AJ B. (GM): Quick Recap. We last left our heroes sitting around having recently agreed to go hunt up a few different things for Administrator Giovan, discussing their plan of action.

Melo is doing the dishes as this is taking place! Because of a well prepared breakfast… And a kitchen he needs to restock when he gets a chance. So many mundane tasks to worry about, when he could be shooting people. “All else fails, you get the biggest cut of all of us, bar none. That said, what do we want to catch first? ‘s 3 weeks out, and I’m not too keen on keeping POW’s here.”

Charlie picks his teeth with a claw tip. “So Gators last then, eh? You got a place big enough to store a Bunnyip carcass here?” There hadn’t seem to have been any large walk in freezers, though the wolf didn’t take a full tour of the place.
Melo: “Just as much worried about keeping the road ganger’s heads looking pretty for a few weeks.” As far as a walk in freezer? Well, the question there more becomes a matter of ‘Does he want to keep a demon in his freezer for a few weeks’. “Hell, not even sure where to keep the birds if we bring them in alive; none to keen on having a bunch of them walking around the grounds.” On over to the table to collect the dog’s plates, provided he was done.

Charlie was indeed done. He mayhaps licked the plate clean when no one was looking. "I see. I’m sure there has to be a rather large freezer we can rent or borrow in the city. I’m sure the birds just need a fenced off area to walk around in. As for the gator men, that might be best last. "
Melo: “True enough. Know anywhere ‘round here we might be able to rent one? I’ve got some tranq darts that we can hopefully use to keep the birds snoozing with ’tell we get ’em back into the city.” Was Charlie’s truck a flat bed? Or did it have something that could be used to keep angry tranq’d up death birds caged up in for a long trip back?
Charlie: (Flatbed)
(Do I need to roll for a knowledge check on a place that has freezers big enough for rent/use?)
(just throw a blanket over the bird’s head, works every time!)
AJ B. (GM): (yeah roll Cities Lore)
Charlie: (how’s this work again, is it just a d100)
AJ B. (GM): (yep, rolling under your skill level)
Charlie: (what was the macro for that again?)
Melo: (/roll 1d100)
(Or /roll 1d100
Charlie: (wasn’t there a >34 or something like that?)
Melo: (followed by less than sign 60)
Charlie: ah okay)
Melo: (Or whatever your skill is)
Charlie: rolling 1d100< 34
(
96
)
= 0 Successes
LOL)
Melo: (Yeah, you’ve got zero clue, me thinks)
Charlie: (Time to get the phone book)
“Uuuuuuuuh….” Charlie hoped Melo kept the yellow pages around.
AJ B. (GM): (yep, no idea where theres a freezer big enough for a bunyip)
Charlie: “Maybe we can contact our client and see if they would like us to drop it off asap. I’m sure they’ll be excited to get their prize.”

Melo laughs. “Yeah. We shoulda asked if we can do that. You have their number?”
Charlie: (Do I?! Did the guy not leave any info)
AJ B. (GM): (he left the address for delivery, and a number to call should there be any delays.)
Charlie: (Sweet, thanks )

Charlie scratches behind his own ears. “Eh, it won’t be too hard to get a message out I’m sure. Let’s just swing by the delivery place and check it out. If there’s someone there expecting the goods at any time we’re golden. Might not even have to baby sit gators or birds. After all, we were told to deliver, not to keep that stuff around or when to bring it, just to have it by a certain date.” That meal was sitting nice and heavy in his gut. Charlie gave his tummy a pat.
Melo: “True enough. I’ve got some stuff I gotta turn in up at the bounty office, too. Would give us a chance to see what the going rate is for the bandits too. Think I could bum a ride?” Oh, sure, he’s got an atomic powered jet bike in the hanger, but that would split the party. Just what IS that little voice in the back of his head nagging him to ask for a ride, rather than taking a quick jaunt there and back?

Charlie nodded. “Yeah but if you do hands off the music settings.. Haven’t changed ‘em since I got the truck, ain’t gonna change it now for nobody.” He grinned, which was probably a bad idea. Charlie had a face for radio.
AJ B. (GM): (Alright so you guys going to hit the bounty office or the delivery spot first?)

Melo is quite likely able to give the wolf-thing a dental exam from across the room, what with them eyes o’ his! “Think I can live with that. Can tell a lot about a person by their tastes in music.” He’d glance at a snoozing Ambrose. Hopefully though, the bounty office would be the first place; hands tend to rot, after all.
AJ B. (GM): (well since Charlie is driving guess its his call where you end up first)
Melo: (This is quite true. And he knows the lay of the land better then I, I presume.)

Charlie excused himself from the table and waddled his breakfast laden self upstairs again to pack up for the trip. He planned to do Melo’s errand first then head out to the address. Unless there was anything else that needed attention he’d mosey on down to the truck to clear the passenger seat of anything that might be in the way.

Melo tasks Vault with standard guard duty of the property; he’d simply be arming himself with his auto-mag and one of his dart guns, along with his dagger of stunning amazingness. And a cooler full of severed hands.
AJ B. (GM): Alright after a little while of driving, and an easy trip you make it to the bounty office where a man sits behind a desk looking quite bored. As you enter he smiles and says “Welcome t’the bounty office mate. Looking for work?”
Melo: “Little of looking, little of claiming. There anything out for the Fiendwheelers? Otherwise..” Plonk. “Just want to collect the bounty on these poor sods.”
Charlie: As a note there was no music playing in Charlie’s car. The radio was set to “off” )

Melo would have just enjoyed the drive, and a chance to actually not be on foot, or driving himself. Woo shot-gun!
AJ B. (GM): He quickly counts out the hands looks them over and hands you 50 credits per hand. “hmm, let me see here.” He types some things in. “The Fiendwheels, nasty group, have killed or recruited all previous attempts. Appears we are offering 200 credits per hand. 3000 for their leader. 2000 for his second. and 1500 for his third if brought in alive.”
Charlie: (haha nice)
OH DANG it’s an ambrose!)
Ambrose Betamax: (SHIT SORRY)
Charlie: It’s all good :D we’re just doing mundane errands)
Melo: (No problems! No harm done, we were just debating about some stuff and getting mundane things out of the way. You haven’t missed anything at all!)
(Was 9 total, 3 dead + 6 we shot dead, correct?)
Ambrose Betamax: (thanks ^^)
AJ B. (GM): (correct)

Ambrose Betamax appears!
Melo: “Thank ya.” Credits checked and put on his stick before being pocketed. “And their leadership worth anything dead? Guessing standard of proof wouldn’t quite be enough for them though if we did have ’em dead, eh? And you got a place I can get rid of these?” A nod given to his ice chest (Or bag) of dismembered body parts.
AJ B. (GM): “The first two are paid out dead. The third in command is a unique case. We tried putting a normal bounty on him for a while but there were…complications.”
He nods towards the hands “We’ll dispose of them. Can’t have bounties being paid out twice”

Melo is quite ok with them being disposed of that way. “Really now? I’m all ears. Like to know what I’m about to get myself into.”
Charlie: (Did Ambrose sneak into the back of the pickup?)
AJ B. (GM): He pulls a small cube out of his pocket and sets it on the desk, shifting his chair to block a camera as he does. He taps the top and the display of an 11 year old boy pops up above the cube spinning in mid air.
Ambrose Betamax: (Ambrose is like what where am I how did I get here)
AJ B. (GM): (you know I wouldnt put it past Leah and Albion to have just put him there because)

Melo again makes that gesture of his forehead crinkling slightly that has long since replaced an uplifted eyebrow.
AJ B. (GM): The man whispers. “Thats him. We put a bounty of 5000 on him at one point and couldn’t get anyone to take it. The people willing to kill a kid well they tend to end up joining yknow.” He taps the cube and puts it back in his pocket.

Melo nods a bit. “Got a rap on ’em, at the least?” He’s killed kids before. He’s also seen kids so charged up on magic they didn’t know how to use that they’ve exploded and taken out quite a few innocents. That didn’t mean he would do it without a damn good justification beyond a contract.
AJ B. (GM): The man looks confused “A rap?”

Melo nods. “List of crimes or whatnot. Aside from ‘part of an organization’, what’s he done to deserve the bounty?”
AJ B. (GM): “Third in command of the most dangerous group of gangers out there not enough?” He looks at the screen and pulls up some details. “Lets see, Petty Theft 45 counts, Grand Larceny, 12 counts, Associating with Demons 3 counts, Use of Arcane or otherwise forbidden knowledge 60 counts, Murder 2 counts, suspected of multiple other criminal activities.”
Melo: “Right. Rap sheet like that, why’re people so squeamish? That 5k still standing for ‘em dead? I’ve got no issue ending people for what they’ve done.” Where he draws the line is killing people that’re still innocent because of what they may do. Aside from, you know, people that’re a very direct and real threat.
AJ B. (GM): “Sadly no, it was taken off and hasn’t been reauthorized. As for the why, most people take issue with killing kids and a few who got away claim he’s just being misled. ‘Caught in a bad crowd’ ‘Deserves our sympathy’ and some rumor that he’s a Pre-R. So higher ups decided they want him alive.”

Ambrose Betamax isnt sure if he is present or not.
AJ B. (GM): (I’m gonna say you’re in the back of the truck for the sake of ease)
Ambrose Betamax: (ok)

Ambrose Betamax waits for people to get back in the truck in full fur camo mode so he can yell Boo at them later

Melo again made that slight gesture across his forehead. “Will see what can be done.” THAT threw a wrench into the works alright. “Anything for crocs? Have kinda a shopping list, figure it won’t hurt to make sure everything is covered.”
AJ B. (GM): (that was random, expired while I was typing)
He pulls up some more info “Sorry nope, no crocs listed yet. Heard rumors that if they attack people outside the swamp might set up a bounty but otherwise its just animals being animals yknow?”

Melo offered a good natured smile, “Figured as much, but you never know, yeah? Well, ‘s been a pleasure. I’ll see what I can do about the fiends.” And with that, he’d head on out of the bounty office, “Thanks for waiting. Bit of a twist on the fiendwheelers. ‘Parrently we’ve taken a contract on a kid. That said, kid’s in line with demons ’n wanted for murder.” Carefully-slammed would the truck door go.

Charlie had fallen asleep in the car and not noticed Ambrose being stealthily quiet
AJ B. (GM): (Fiendwheels)
(no extra er)
Melo: (Will try and remember that)
AJ B. (GM): (lol honestly itd be an interesting way of mocking them)
(would appear you arent going to get a better chance to startle them Ambrose)
Charlie: (I used to mispronounce NPC names on purpose as an insult and my gm hated it)
(especially when the other players got in on it too)
AJ B. (GM): (lol not surprised. Honestly with how insane this world is though pronunciation is a very small thing)

Charlie snorts awake. “Wuh, huh, a kid? Hmn. He a bad apple or something? You sure?” It was a harsh world , but a kid running around as a Fiend leader seemed like a stretch. Probably the son of someone important there.
Melo: “’Cording to the bounty office, yeah. Seen his kind before. Seen them kill men under my command, too. Only issue I have with putting a bullet ’tween his eyes is we need to keep his face pretty.” Well, that’s cold hearted.

Charlie stares at Melo. That’s rather business headed of him. Hopefully there will never be bounty on himself larger than he could pay Melo off for. “I see. There’s plen’y o’ ways to skin a cat. Not gonna be a problem I’m sure.” He started up the truck and double checked the address for the next stop. “Think that deerling is gonna have issues with this?” That deer was a bit unpredictable for the wolf still. What a weird fella…

Ambrose Betamax is liiistening :P

Ambrose Betamax appears and goes MAYBE!
Ambrose Betamax: “also boo.”

Melo is the kind of person that its more important to be on the good and decent side of the law then getting a bounty on your head. Even breaking a few laws is fine in his eyes. Just don’t raise a gun against him, because he will fire back. And he shoots to disable first, kill second. Knee caps, hands, shoulders, things of that nature first, unless an ID has been made and a kill order issued, or life of an innocent or those that matter are directly in danger. Granted, with Ambrose suddenly leaping up and plastering himself against the back window of the truck from the bed, that’d get him to start “FUCK!” And his hand would go for a gun as his first reaction even as he moved to try and see and make sense of just what he was about to shoot at. Well, he IS human, and that was quite unexpected.

Ambrose Betamax makes funny faces against the glass.

Charlie is startled! Fur bristling the witch wolf twists around in his seat to bark aggressively at the window! This is totally not embarrassing behavior in the slightest.
Melo: “God.. Damnit Ambrose!” His heart was beating a mile a minute, though calming soon enough. “What the hell’re you doing back there? Get in the truck, got some stuff to do.” He’d even open the door and get out to make room for the deer-bee.

Ambrose Betamax does as he’s told, giggling uncontrollably as he does.

Charlie tries to de-bristle himself with a nervous chuckle. “Be glad I already ate this morning, deerling!”
AJ B. (GM): After a little while of driving you arrive at a pair of gates made to look like a Platinum record with a gold G on the center. A voice echoes from a speaker in the post to the side. “Please state your business.”

Melo is more than willing to let Charlie take up this side of things; he’s the one who’s got the contract in his name, after all.

Charlie states his name and request to ask a few questions about a recently accepted contract regarding some goods delivery.
AJ B. (GM): The gates swing open. “Please proceed to the back entrance. Someone will be there to greet you.” The house is huge though the yard inside the gate is more a display or random “art” pieces then a yard, and a single driveway leads up and around the house.

Charlie follows the directions taking the driveway around the house.His truck was sorely out of place.
AJ B. (GM): As you approach the back of the house a short man wearing a pink tutu, clown makeup, and a rainbow wig is waiting and waves you over. “Hello, I assume you are Charlie and co.?”

Ambrose Betamax asks if he’s underdressed.

Melo mumbles to Ambrose, “No, not at all. You’re dressed fine.” Though he’d still let Charlie take the lead.
AJ B. (GM): “There is no such thing on Master Giovan’s estate.”
“If you’re here then you are properly dressed.”

Ambrose Betamax puts his fur into a tuxedo pattern. He was naked after all so he could hide in the truck.

Charlie takes a moment to take in the sight. And here he thought he had seen everything. "Yes, we are the hunting party. Just a quick question, would we be dropping off the goods here as soon as we collect them or are we to hold onto them until the end of the given time allotted? "
AJ B. (GM): “Whichever is most efficient for you. Though it would be appreciated if you did not drop off any live cargo with the dead. The dead will be coming back to the kitchen, live to the front door.”

Charlie nods and thanks the colorful character for his time before addressing the fellas. “Looks like we’re all set for some hunt’n.”
Melo: “Yeah? Good. What do we want first then?”
Charlie: “The harder one will be bringing in live folk.” Charlie thought about it a bit as he turned the car around to leave. “If you have no qualms about wonder’n what the host will do to the live ones for those three weeks before the party we should get the gatormen outta the way. Least that’s my think’n.”
Melo: “There are some things that my conscious [But spelled right] is better off not knowing. Know where we can find some of ‘em? Hell, what’re we going up against?” Still not sure what we’re gonna do ‘bout getting ’em into the city without some sort of documentation."
Ambrose Betamax: (does ambrose know exactly what we’re talking about? I think I must have missed something)
Melo: (We picked up a contract to do some.. exotic shopping)
AJ B. (GM): (You’ve all been hired to capture, live cassowaries, one live crocman, two dead crocmen, one dead bunyip, and the heads of the top three bikers in the most dangerous gang outside the city walls)
(They’re discussing which of the shopping list to hunt for first)

Ambrose Betamax wants to keep one of the cassowaries.

Charlie asks Ambrose if he knows where the term “Casserole” came from and if he’d be interested in trying it.

Ambrose Betamax says he doesn’t know, but it sounds like it has meat in it so probably not?
Charlie: (Do I roll for lore Dbees on those croc guys?)
AJ B. (GM): (if you want info on their general abilities etc. Finding them you know they tend to show up in the swamp but thats about the extent of knowledge on where)

Melo is amused by this conversation. He’d simply listen. Poor ambrose. Smartest of the bunch.
Charlie: rolling 1d100< 45
(
11
)
= 1 Successes
“Well…. let me tell you bout croc fellas…”
Ambrose Betamax: (lol whats funny is that ambrose probably is in his idiot savant kind of way)
AJ B. (GM): (indeed and he is probably the only one who understands how their employer and his estate works.)
Ambrose Betamax: (also that mafia lady likes me because i’m innocent :P)
Charlie: I like to think i’ts more the gimpy puppy effect)
Ambrose Betamax: (in an autistic sort of way)
Charlie: lol)

Charlie explains about the croc men. “They give us Witch Wolves a good run for our money regarding magic and they have a taste for high technology. An interesting combo but I prefer a good ol’ traditional rifle… They’re rather full o’ themselves too. Ain’t a single one’o them that isn’t born with the notion of world conquest in their brains.” Charlie makes a circular motion with a flaw near his temple to indicate madness. “They usually keep to themselves though. Swamp seems to be their thing.”
Charlie: *claw not flaw

Ambrose Betamax wonders if they did anything to actually deserve being hinted/captured for random party.
Charlie: (does he wonder aloud?)
Ambrose Betamax: (yeah)

Charlie tells Ambrose they ate all the deer in Australia.
Charlie: Obviously the Witch Wolf was yanking Ambrose’s chain but he was looking forward to whatever silly thing he had to say.

Ambrose Betamax decides thats a joke. No one can can defeat the great feni people!
Charlie: XD)

Melo tries hard not to snerk at such a comment. “Well, aside from the man eating bit, world conquest in general sounds like a bad thing. Still, a bit in agreement; we’re invading their territory. Would rather catch some raiders if possible.”
Charlie: (Are we gonna go hunting today?)
Melo: (I’d be ok with it)
Charlie: “Unless you’re their prey it’ll be hard to find one. I don’t know if Gator raiders are all that common.”
AJ B. (GM): (If you guys are up for it, I’m still fully up and running. I think I put more sugar then normal into my body)
Charlie: (yeah I’d really like to if we can)
Melo: (Same)
AJ B. (GM): (alright so I assume you guys get fully geared up and then head out towards the swamp area?)
(or is the plan to take a naked deer, a barely armed soldier, whatever Charlie has and a truck?)
Ambrose Betamax: (I guess so :P)
Charlie: (lol I was gonna offer to drop them off at home and then meet up at the swamp)
Melo: (Safe bet we’d be taking the APC, and a full armament. At least, Melo would be."
AJ B. (GM): (alright going to skip over, you’re all armed ready and meet up at the edge of the swamp, where you stop your vehicles not wanting them you know, waterlogged or shit.)
Charlie: (does melo have any high tech he can bring to entice raiders?)
(and those tranqs, could those work on gator men as well?)
AJ B. (GM): (yep, specially designed for D-bee uprisings in Melbourne)

Ambrose Betamax is all annoyed that his clothes are gonna get swampy.

Vault is coming along, though riding the hovercycle after unloading it from the APC. Nice and safe, a good nearly thousand feet up.

Melo isn’t to thrilled about it, either. Thankfully, he’s got a helmet to keep the smell out.
AJ B. (GM): Alright, so you arrive having followed a river, the area is a muddy mucky mess, and smells of dead trees and stale water waft through the air. Your feet/boots sink up to the ankles while walking through this area. (lighter water is deeper swamp.) You can see a few odd blue rocks with some kind of shimmering moss growing on them.

Charlie sniffs the air and starts looking for signs of gator men being around here.
Charlie: (any chance of roll’n to know what those blue rocks are offhand?)
(gonna laugh of those ‘rocks’ are gator men)
AJ B. (GM): (got anything like wilderness survival or similar skill?)
Charlie: (yup!)
AJ B. (GM): (roll it then)
Charlie: rolling 1d100< 50
(
94
)
= 0 Successes
what the fuck charlie)
XD when he fails he makes sure to be in the 90’s LMAO)
AJ B. (GM): (you wanted a Dense character and the dice are giving you one right?)
Charlie: I was thinking dense like muscle m ass but I guess the brain is a muscle too?! lol)

Melo is just as likely hunting for signs of a big, predatory species, or foot prints / trails, or other signs that are clear ambush points.
AJ B. (GM): (anyhow, aside from that they are moss covered rocks you know fuck all)
(I believe Charlie had a track by scent or similar skill correct?)
Charlie: (Yes)
Ambrose Betamax: (I have some smellovision skills as well. I need to check for survival ones)
Melo: (I’ve got wilderness survival and track humanoids, too! YAY I’m useful!)
AJ B. (GM): (roll that one at -20)
Charlie: (would this be smell specific or strong at all? My % changes depending)
(or is it new to me)
Melo: (Considering you speak their language, I think you might recongize ‘em?)
Ambrose Betamax: (I have wilderness too)
AJ B. (GM): (You’d be familiar with it from prior hunts if nothing else as a method of avoiding them)
Charlie: (I’ll take that as common then?)
AJ B. (GM): (yeah that works)
Charlie: rolling 1d100< 80
(
59
)
= 1 Successes
charlie you better not fuck this one up XDDD
AJ B. (GM): (that include the -20?)
Charlie: ah no
Melo: (Be 60 with the -20)
Charlie: whew
AJ B. (GM): (so still a success but only barely.)
Ambrose Betamax: (lol hey still barely a success :P)
Charlie: story of my life)

Ambrose Betamax is NOT at home in swamps and keeps getting his feet stuck in things. He is very grossed out.
AJ B. (GM): (actually after a few minutes youd adapt)
Ambrose Betamax: (well yeah but not yet, and adapting leaves me prone and incapacitated while I do it)
Melo: (We now have a deer shaped otter in our midsts)
AJ B. (GM): (true enough)
Ambrose Betamax: (speaking of which)

Ambrose Betamax collapses and starts twitching uncontrolably as his body starts to do stuff.
AJ B. (GM): (If either of you wants to roll those skills on figuring anything out feel free btw)

Melo has been around the deer long enough to be aware of such a prone state, and quite willing to wait and try to protect the deer-bee. Otherwise, standard survival check for signs of danger.
Ambrose Betamax: “gurglegurglehurgh bowel voiding sounds etc”
Melo: rolling 1d100< 54
(
93
)
= 0 Successes

Melo did better then Charlie, at least!
Ambrose Betamax: (I don’t know what my body is turning into to adapt tho. I’ll leave that to gm?)
Charlie: “What the hell. You’re gonna scare away the Gator men…Is he gonna be okay?”
Melo: “Yeah, he’ll be fine. Give ‘em a few minutes. It’s a.. ‘thing’ with deers.”

Ambrose Betamax twitches on the ground.
Ambrose Betamax: (I believe deerbees find it kind of embarrassing to do in public too)
AJ B. (GM): As your body adjusts your hooves reshape into a more webbed design. Hands fuse together into a set of three clawed flippers, a set of gills appear while your nostrils shrink. Your ears fold down before vanishing completely, though you can hear perfectly. Your fur slicks into that of an otters, and you can actually feel vibrations in the water around you.

Charlie furrows his brow. Worst comes to worst, Ambrose will look great on the front of his truck all tied up and dead. Everybody loves venison! "Ah .. okay. By the way I think one of the guys we’re looking for was here a few days ago. Can’t really tell where he went. "

Charlie is spooked.

Ambrose Betamax starts to feel better and is now at home in a swamp. Hopefully his clothes will fare as well as he is.
Ambrose Betamax: “er. right. sorry. thats always so embarrassing gah forget that happened”

Charlie pats the space between Ambrose’s antlers. “I’ll forward the therapy bills to your place.”

Melo seems quite casual about it. As far as the clothes? Well, he’s not paying to get the deer’s dry cleaning done. “It’ll happen again when we get outta here, nothing to worry about.” And then to Charlie, “Where at?” In reference to one of the critters being around.

Charlie gestures to an area around him. “Here. Can’t tell where it’s leading just yet. Might have to sniff around here more.”

Ambrose Betamax uses his water vibratotron sense! it probably looks like I’m dousing for gators with my antlers.
Charlie: (where on the map is that?)
AJ B. (GM): (Is the black circle popping up like its supposed to?)
Charlie: oh I wasn’t paying attention
Melo: (Yep!)
AJ B. (GM): (that general area)
Charlie: ah no wonder, the portraits wer ehiding everybody
(may I try another tracking roll?)

Vault hovers, and scans.
AJ B. (GM): Ambrose you can detect lots of vibrations most of them small, though there is one very large one in the pool up near the top center.

Ambrose Betamax tells the party about this!
AJ B. (GM): (sure, same roll -20 due to the fact that swamps reak)
Charlie: rolling 1d100< 60
(
14
)
= 1 Successes

Ambrose Betamax enjoys the magic fingers of vibrating swamp water. yay massage!
Charlie: I can’t move my piece)
Melo: “Right. Might want to get outta the water, otter boy.”
AJ B. (GM): (can you move it now?)

Ambrose Betamax munches on algea n stuff and generally acts swamp-otter like. “fiiiine. Nut I have to keep my gills wet.”
Charlie: nope

Charlie pats the weird otter deer on the back. “Good job. Looks like the trail ends here. It’s about 4 days old.”
AJ B. (GM): (any change?)
Charlie: (nope)
(not sure why, I could move the one from the other map just fine)
(is it on the top layer and not BG)
AJ B. (GM): (its on the token layer)
Charlie: lemme refresh’
nah, nada)
AJ B. (GM): (also, pool and end point of trail is up near top edge of map)
Charlie: ah okay let’s head up there carefully
(I’ll give my deep vision a blink or two and see if there’s any magical traces)
Anyone using blend or camo will be at a -30%)

Charlie gives the fellas a warning. “Just a heads up, those rocks are spew’n some magic. Dunno what it is though.”

Melo glances at ’em some. “Good to know.” Damn him and his scientific curiosity.
Ambrose Betamax: (is the magic part of the environment in this case? have I adapted to whatever it is?)
AJ B. (GM): (It is and isnt part of the environment so nope, no adaptation)
Ambrose Betamax: (aw.)
AJ B. (GM): (alright so you guys head up towards where Ambrose sensed the big thing in the water?)

Ambrose Betamax assumes that gatormen can also sense water vibrations, so tries to vibrate casual.
Ambrose Betamax: “bzzzzzzzzzzzz.”

Melo is, yep. With his dart gun at the ready. “Vault, keep an eye out. We want him alive.”
Charlie: “Is this why Leah likes him so much.?”
Melo: “Couldn’t tell you.”
AJ B. (GM): (ok going to take any precautions crossing this first spot?)

Ambrose Betamax is gonna be underwater and in stealth mode?
Charlie: > 3> *looks at Ambrose’s)
I was expecting him to cannonball in almost)
Ambrose Betamax: (fly casual chewie)
Charlie: can I cast negate poison on me and the guys

Melo is just ever scanning and warry and distrustful of the water.
Ambrose Betamax: (dont worry about me, I’m practically immune to poison)
Charlie: except the robot)
AJ B. (GM): (so going to swim up and around or just going to spend less then a minute underwater?)
Charlie: okay)
AJ B. (GM): (and yes you can if you want to cast it)

Vault is still just casually flying around, keeping an eye out for large moving shapes under the water, and well out of harms way.
Ambrose Betamax: (we’re all casual!)

Ambrose Betamax vibrates as if he’s just grocery shopping in a swamp. nuthin to see here, folks…

Charlie Charlie slaps Melo on the shoulder and casts some Negate Poison. “Just taking some precaution. The tingle means it’s working.”

Melo blinked a bit. “Humm?”

Charlie nods. “They might know I’m here now.”
Charlie: Is Melo gonna try to take some rocks home?)

Ambrose Betamax pokes his slickly furred camoflaged head out of the water.
Melo: (Very, very likely)
AJ B. (GM): (Also is the plan to just jump in and swim across, let the deer check depth, surf on him what?)
Melo: (Let Deer check first; he’s built for swimming!)
Charlie: (I’m fine with staying out of the water for now and letting the bait-erm deer dot he swimming)

Ambrose Betamax can try to counter vibrate any indications of his party in the water.

Melo is also likely going to flip through quite a few visual spectrums, though water is good at blocking a fair number of them.

Ambrose Betamax checks stuff out!

Charlie keeps sniffing and checks deep vision.
Ambrose Betamax: (anything cool or strange in the water?)

Ambrose Betamax pops back out of the water. “20 meter-er feet. the foot sized measurement is feet right?”
Ambrose Betamax: "Thats like a hundred hooves though.
Melo: “Yeah. Foot ones’re the size of my feet, ’bout five of your hooves.”
Ambrose Betamax: “wanna see who can hold their breath the longest?”

Melo turns his gaze, just the same. “Nope, you have gills. I have an air tank.”
Ambrose Betamax: “aaw. i was gonna bet on it.”

Charlie chuckles. “Don’t ever get into a contest with a gatorman about who can breathe the longest. They’ll slit your throat.”

Ambrose Betamax does his beast to make the party look like regular fish or nothing at all by vibrating.
Ambrose Betamax: “bzzzzzzzzz”

Melo checks, before starting to wade across, weapons kept out of the water for the most part, in an effort to cross at one of the thinner parts.
AJ B. (GM): (20 ft depth wading seems unlikely)
Melo: (Right, retcon that)

Charlie doggie paddles.
Charlie: (will the water hurt my hunting rifle?)

Ambrose Betamax vibrates! Yay!
Charlie: I can always throw a protect on it if it will)
AJ B. (GM): (the SDC or the MDC one?)
Charlie: the regular hunting rifle)
both)
AJ B. (GM): (SDC weapons, yes water will damage them)
Charlie: might as well, I dunno how tech works here)
Ambrose Betamax: (I’m assuming mine is water proof, since it seems tailor made for ranger types)
AJ B. (GM): (to the extent it damages any, MDC ones were made to be a lot more resilient)
Charlie: okay I guess I can cast that bubble protect on the weapons if that’s possible)
Ambrose Betamax: (I guess it doesnt matter cause my gun will blast holes and we want alive. I gues I’m martial artsing them
AJ B. (GM): (they still can be damaged by too much time but it takes extended submersion. and yep it is, make sure you’re keeping track of ppe spent)

Ambrose Betamax blows bubbles and generally messes with party members as they cross.
Charlie: yup!)
do I need a swimming roll?)
Ambrose Betamax: (do I need to roll anything to see if my vibrating helps?)
AJ B. (GM): (we really need to figure out what is wrong thats messing with your piece, and yeah just a straight roll.)
Charlie: o xo makes sure his reptilian tail splashes Ambrose’s face “accidentally” at least once
I have no idea, it could be it undid my permisson)
AJ B. (GM): (to know if its helping, yeah a wilderness survival roll -40)
(I checked its still there but can turn it off and on to check)
Ambrose Betamax: rolling 1d100
(
83
)
= 83

Melo oddly, despite being the equivalent of a marine, never learned how to swim.
Ambrose Betamax: (well. Ambrose has no idea if it helps or not, but does his best.)
AJ B. (GM): (ok undid and redid permission)
(could try jumping, be difficult but it is possible)
Ambrose Betamax: (I can try to pull him across)

Melo looks around for a nice, flat rock to stand on, or tree branch some sort.

Ambrose Betamax offers melo a ride.

Charlie watches Melo. “What’s a matter?”
Melo: “Rather not get the auto mag or dart gun wet.”
AJ B. (GM): (Theres a few roots of nearby trees that are big enough to stand on)

Charlie offers to cast a spell to protect them.
Ambrose Betamax: (you could throw them across)
Melo: “That should work.” A nod given at Charlie. “C’mon back over. Fuck I wish I still had my wing board.”

Ambrose Betamax could just carry them across O.o
Charlie: rolling 1d100< 60
(
27
)
= 1 Successes

Melo supposes this could work, but as much as he trusts the deer-bee, he doesn’t trust the deer-bee with his guns.

Charlie wouldn’t stop Ambrose from carrying Melo’s weapons over if he was okay with that.
Charlie: lol)

Charlie bristles. “Oh shit.”
Melo: “What?” Already the needle gun would be in his hand.

Charlie casts the protective spell on Melo’s equipment from where he;‘s standing."
Charlie: "How do you feel about bagging two birds in one trip? There’s some demon smell around here. The kind with delicious eyeballs."
Melo: “That.. Would likely be for the best. What’s closer?” A glance would be given at his pistol, hand itching to get ahold of his rifle.
Charlie: ugh the thing in the water sound scared me)
it was louder than the other sounds lmao)
rolling 1d100< 60
(
88
)
= 0 Successes
Charlie sniffs around like a hound trying to find out when and where the Bunny scent had gone.

Charlie gets a little mud up his nose. “Wugh. I dunno yet.”

Ambrose Betamax uses his vibrato sense some more?

Melo laughs just a bit at the mud before, weapons properly protected, he simply makes an effort to swim / walk / paddle across the water.

Ambrose Betamax tells the party: uh, there is a big thing to the north.
AJ B. (GM): (roll for swimming Melo, if no skill vs PP)
Melo: rolling 1d100< 22
(
53
)
= 0 Successes

Ambrose Betamax saves melo!

Melo might just need to walk along the bottom.
Ambrose Betamax: (bzzz)
AJ B. (GM): (problem with that plan, how do you get back up, its not exactly a gentle or solid slope, its mostly a muddy embankment on the other side)
(if you’d prefer to try climbing out that way though you can)

Melo isn’t at all worried about being under water, mind you; he’s in an air tight suit of environmental body armor. Getting out IS the hard part, but he’s also got a Ot’r-bee and a wolf to help. And climbing, he can do.
Charlie: (I think you submerge only after two failed swim rolls)
(two consecutive ones)
Ambrose Betamax: (I wanna meet yoda in here.)
Charlie: (I’ll let you carry charlie on your back)
(it’s 3 failed rolls will make you start sinking)
(so you got two more to struggle to the other side)

Ambrose Betamax carries anyone who wants a ride!)
Melo: “Hey Ambrose, gimmie a hand, would’ja?” Swim, swim swim.
rolling 1d100< 22
(
16
)
= 1 Successes

Ambrose Betamax gives a hand

Charlie watches Melo’s less than graceful moment. “We witch wolves learn to swim early. Our tails are like big paddles.”

Ambrose Betamax vibrates across with melo on his back :P)
AJ B. (GM): (after a bit of effort you make it to the other side there)
Alright so you are all nearish where the scents and vibrations seem to lead.

Melo ’s first task would be to clean off his visor, and be glad his pack is air tight. And maybe take a look at the rock. “Remind me to take a bit of this home with us.” And then, “Alright, what am I shooting at, any where? Vault, see anything up there?”
(From Vault): “Nothing other then swamp Commander”

Charlie sniffs. “If there’s any gatormen they may have moved deeper into the swamp, There’s nothing fresh here as far as I can tell.”
Melo: “Alright. And the swamp-bunny?” A quick glance around, and then attention would turn to the glowing rock
AJ B. (GM): (one more roll for scent at +10, uncommon scent)
Charlie: rolling 1d100< 70
(
76
)
= 0 Successes
Ambrose Betamax: “I know something big is in that little pond right there.”
(To GM): Mind if I do a quick gemology check?
(From AJ B. (GM)): you can but it will reveal nothing other then its a normal rock, the moss on it is the oddity

Charlie ponders, tilting his nose every which way. “Oh yeah? Hmh. Let me see…” the wolf witch edges toward the mini late to see if he can spot any shapes.
Charlie: *lake

Melo spends a moment checking out the rock before turning attention back to the lake. “You know much about these things? You’re the one that killed it last time.”
AJ B. (GM): there are marks on a few of the roots as if someone was clawing for grip and breaking things as they were dragged towards it
(Lore: Demons and Monsters if you want details)
Charlie: rolling 1d100< 50
(
47
)
= 1 Successes

Melo doesn’t think that is a good sign, nope. And that, combined with how big the last one was… Pistol away, rifle get!

Melo also might have been caught off guard by the fact that the wolf was a mage at some point, but he’s also not been too forthcoming with his own skills of magic. He’s a smidge more paranoid.

Ambrose Betamax still hasnt noticed any magic.

Charlie bristles. “I may have found our quarry….” He points to the water Ambrose had mentioned. “Bunyip’s like to surprise prey. Probably waiting in that water there to grab something quick as it goes by.”

Charlie squints trying to make out any shapes in the water.
Melo: “Sounds likely.” A glance at Ambrose. “..Be careful, would’ja? Might want to get your gun ready.”

Ambrose Betamax gets his gun ready, but has a little trouble with it since his fingers are now webbed.
Ambrose Betamax: (fumble fumble)
Charlie: “The Buny smell is sorta old.. Two days. Gator man is about four. Dunno how often either of them eat.”
Ambrose Betamax: “hm. melo, My hands dont work.”
Melo: “..Great.” A sigh, and a muttered ‘God damnit, Ambrose’ escaped under his breath, and thankfully was lost inside his helmet.

Melo starts treading around to the north east, hopefully a good distance away from the pool’s edge. “Well, we gotta do something to draw it out. Likely isn’t too hungry though.”
Melo: (Famous last words~)
AJ B. (GM): (Ambrose, although not perfect you can pull the triggers with your claws)
Ambrose Betamax: (ok)
AJ B. (GM): (you’ll be suffering a -2 penalty for awkward shooting)
Charlie: (Do Bunyip’s hunt by sight?)
Ambrose Betamax: “ah, ok, I can do it. it’s just weird.”
AJ B. (GM): (yes they do)
Charlie: (I’d like to make copies of myself)
(and put one at the water edge)
(pg 102 of the magic book if it helps)
AJ B. (GM): (yep just had to double check, since it doesnt specify where they appear that should be doable.)
(any particulars on the placement of the other two?)
Charlie: it’s fine where it is)

Melo is more caught off guard by the sudden appearance of another of the wolves. “What th’fuck?” He’d even back up a few steps.
AJ B. (GM): (save vs magic at -4 for the two of you if you want to know where the real Charlie is)

Charlie waves to Melo. “Just a little magic trick to lure out our friend.” All the copies are moving in sync.
Ambrose Betamax: (d20?)
AJ B. (GM): (yep, +your vs magic bonus-4)
Melo: rolling 1d20-3>12
(
5
)-3
= 2
Charlie: :O! )
AJ B. (GM): As you wave a clawed hand reaches up and swipes through the illusion.
Charlie: (how much do those things weigh again?)
Ambrose Betamax: rolling 1d20
(
5
)
= 5

Ambrose Betamax gasps….I want one.

Charlie has just enough time to snort “You already have a Deer Lady, don’t be greedy” Before a clone is attacked
AJ B. (GM): (dont have energy to calculate, but 10-15 ft tall, 20-30 ft from nose to tail)
Charlie: is that bigger than the last one?
AJ B. (GM): (thats the range of size for all Bunyips, this one is slightly bigger though yes)
After the swipe fails its head breaks the surface and it attempts to bite the illusion. (init from everyone)

Melo was just as much caught off guard by the display of magic, his mind still trying to figure out just how he didn’t spot several other wolves near by, but he DID spot that monster leaping up from the swamps to try and claim itself another victim. Up his gun would go.
Melo: rolling 1d20+3
(
11
)3
= 14
Charlie: rolling 1d20
2
(
10
)2
= 12
Ambrose Betamax: rolling 1d20 + 4
(
12
)
4
= 16
AJ B. (GM): (ok so Bunyip has first shot)
Vault: rolling 1d20
(
12
)
= 12
AJ B. (GM): The Bunyip having realized it cant hurt the one directly in front of it moves, spends 2 actions attacking the one to charlies left, failing to do anything it attacks the real charlie for its next action. attempting to bite him.
(dodge, parry, simul attack)
Charlie: I roll for both?)
AJ B. (GM): (nope, those are your three options for actions)
Charlie: what’s Simul attack?)
AJ B. (GM): (a simultaneous shot, you take the hit for a free undodgeable counter attack)
(well mostly free it does eat up an action)
Charlie: ah I see, I’m gonna try to dodge, I don’t think getting hit by that is a good idea)
AJ B. (GM): (roll it, d20+dodge bonus)
Charlie: rolling 1d20+8
(
9
)8
= 17
AJ B. (GM): Charlie easily avoids the first bite, but the bunyip remains determined attempting once more to bite you.
Charlie: rolling 1d20
8
(
18
)+8
= 26
AJ B. (GM): And again Charlie slides out of the way with ease, the Bunyip is out of actions
(Ambrose, you’re up next)
Charlie: All the charlies dodge and dance at the same time
(This guy has no idea what’s gonna happen to him on my turn heheheheheh)
Ambrose Betamax: (okies)
Charlie: (if we can we might want to kite it towards the car)
Ambrose Betamax: (should I move back a bit? our backs are against the water tho)
Melo: (Your call if you’d like to move)

Ambrose Betamax stands where he is and opens fire with gusto, fumbling a bit with his webbed hands.
Ambrose Betamax: rolling 1d20 + 1
(
13
)1
= 14
AJ B. (GM): (hit roll damage)
Ambrose Betamax: rolling 2d6 +
(
4
+
6
)
= 10
(I think thats the right roll?)
Melo: (Yep, that’s within range for your gun)
AJ B. (GM): (k, next action?)
Ambrose Betamax: (I’m gonna do the same for all myactions)
(fire away :P)
AJ B. (GM): (roll it)
Charlie: rambo deer, don’t ruin the meat lmao)
Ambrose Betamax: (I’ma roll 3 times then to hit)
AJ B. (GM): (kk go for it)
Ambrose Betamax: rolling 1d20 + 1
(
3
)
1
= 4
rolling 1d20 + 1
(
6
)1
= 7
rolling 1d20 + 1
(
3
)
1
= 4
(wow.)
(that…sucked)
Melo: (Pew pew pew into the sky!)
Charlie: XD ouch)
Ambrose Betamax: (rambos younger less badass brother, rainbow)
Charlie: XD! )
AJ B. (GM): (Almost, this Bunyip was retarded on that first shot. roll damage x2 for that first one)
Charlie: ahaha )
was that a crit failure or something?)
AJ B. (GM): (yep)
(nat 1 on his dodge)
Charlie: ah okay I figured that’s what the x2 damage was about)
Ambrose Betamax: (so 20 damage or I roll again?)
AJ B. (GM): (roll damage multiply by 2)
Ambrose Betamax: rolling 2d6 +
(
1
+
3
)
= 4
(maaaan)
Charlie: dem webbed hands giving you trouble)
AJ B. (GM): The Bunyip decides the lasers look tasty and attempts to eat the second shot. This goes about as well as expected.

Ambrose Betamax yells. “WEBBED HANDS ARE STUPID GREAT JOB EVOLUTION
AJ B. (GM): The other two go flying off into the swamp somewhere
(Melo, you’re next)
Ambrose Betamax: (later we are going to find two dead gatormen)
Charlie: (I hope so! That’d make our job easier XD)
Ambrose Betamax: (both looking really very surprised)
Melo: (Think I’m next, for what its worth?)
Ambrose Betamax: (Oh. my torso just dissappeared, thats odd)
AJ B. (GM): (and yeah Melo, you’re up)

Melo was quiet, military training kicking in, rifle already up to his shoulder, that invisible light erupting from the barrel of his gun in a soundless wash of heat and pain and death in what would hopefully be a large number of bright spots along the demon’s side, until his target stops moving (I’m going to be lazy and just roll all six shots at once, each is 6 to hit; stopping the barrage when it dies, if there’re left over shots)
Melo: rolling 6d20
6
(
14
+
8
+
12
+
3
+
9
+
8
)6
= 60
(20, 14, 18, 9, 15, 14)
Ambrose Betamax: (hmm roll20 should add a "roll x number of dice and add X to each roll)
Charlie: yeah that’d be nice)
Melo: rolling 1d20
6 1d20+6
(
12
)+6
= 18
(Drat, was worth a try)
AJ B. (GM): (damage x2, damage, dodge, damage, damage, damage)
Melo: rolling 12d6 (Damage x4)
(
1
+
4
+
5
+
3
+
6
+
4
+
5
+
2
+
5
+
3
+
3
+
3
)
= 44
rolling 6d6 (Damage x2)
(
1
+
3
+
2
+
6
+
3
+
2
)
= 17
(Err.. Sorry, that shoulda been 12, not 17)
(So 56 damage)
AJ B. (GM): (charlie you’re up)
The Bunyip is looking annoyed

Melo ‘s rifle’s ammo counter blinks twice in its scope to indicate 50% charge on his e-clip.
Charlie: Charlie casts Levitation on the Bunyip, waving his arm in an arc
over his head, trying to force the creature to rise from the mud.
240lbs straight up
Save vs Magic
Max Height 80 ft
Charlie: 6 minutes (24 melee rounds)
AJ B. (GM): You feel your magic slip off of it, as it shakes its body as if trying to remove flees.
(so thats 2 actions)
Charlie: (Can I tell if it feels like it resisted or if it’s too heavy for me)
AJ B. (GM): (It resisted)
Charlie: Do dreamy things have typically a high resistance to magic?)
AJ B. (GM): (you had the Lore: Dreamtime skill?)
Ambrose Betamax: (aw its so dreamy 8is lost in its eyes*
Charlie: just ask’n in case i’ts common knowledge)
AJ B. (GM): (sadly it is not common among civilized folk)
(whole city has magic outlawed after all)
Charlie: well I can try again, then whap it with my tail for that free melee action after if I fail again)
AJ B. (GM): (kk if thats what you want to go for)
Charlie: yup
AJ B. (GM): This time it just kind of glares and thumps its tail on the ground

Ambrose Betamax giggles a little, watching charlie wildly waving his arms.
AJ B. (GM): (saved again)
Charlie: ~ 3~ Charlie makes some grumpy dog faces and return tail thumps right on the BunyIp’s nose! All the clones do the same movements.
Ambrose Betamax: (if you levitate him next turn youve re-enacted dagobah. Just saying.
(I really wanna see yoda now.)
AJ B. (GM): (roll to strike on the tail thing)
Ambrose Betamax: (THERE IS NO TRY)
AJ B. (GM): (lots of Do Not though)
Charlie: rolling 1d20+4
(
16
)4
= 20
AJ B. (GM): It by some miracle does manage to dodge out of the way.
Charlie: I think I got one more melee from boxing, can that be used for the tail again?)
AJ B. (GM): (yep)
Charlie: rolling 1d20
4
(
2
)+4
= 6
LMAO oh well)
AJ B. (GM): Yeah that gets nowhere near it.
It seems rather pissed at this point and its eyes lock on Melo.
After rushing past the obnoxious notfood wolves. It decides to see if Melo tastes better.
(Bite attack on Melo)

Melo at least has a moment to react as the behemoth charged! Muck at his feet or not, he’d move as quickly as he could to try and dodge and roll free of the bite.
Melo: rolling 1d20+6
(
7
)+6
= 13
AJ B. (GM): As you attempt to roll the thing gets a nice chomp on your shoulder (26 MD)
Ambrose Betamax: (wow thats a lot of damage.)
Melo: (These things don’t screw around)
AJ B. (GM): It lets go aiming for another bite

Melo failed to roll in time, all sorts of alarms on his HUD going off at the crushing force that soaked into his armor. A tear, a rip and a fair bit of damage, but that suit had seen worse. Maybe not for a good long while, but it’d seen worse. That next bite would be met with another attempt to dart out of the way in the muck.
Melo: rolling 1d20+6
(
6
)+6
= 12
AJ B. (GM): It again clamps down this time giving you a good look inside its mouth as it bites down on your torso (11 MD)
Its 3rd attack misses outright as it faceplants in the mud losing its last action to shaking the muck off its head and eyes.
(Ambrose, you’re up)

Melo is none too pleased with himself, or the monster bearing down upon him, oofing and cursing into his comms as the behemoth attempted to simply snap him in half, though he’d at least be a few steps away from that next strike.
Ambrose Betamax: (for the purposes of me going crazy, is melo a family member type?)
(we seem to have an extensive past so)
AJ B. (GM): (I’d say by this point in your association yeah)

Ambrose Betamax hulks out!
Ambrose Betamax: (I dunno how it works tho. O.o)
Melo: (Put an X next to “Berserk” in yer tools page and press enter, it accounts for all bonuses for you)
Ambrose Betamax: (flynt, you never sent me another copy of the spreadsheet :P)
Melo: (Fixing that now(
AJ B. (GM): (short version, you have 2 more actions +2 strike, +4 dodge, and a lot of SDC added
(the basics of it are on your bio & info sheet in here)
Ambrose Betamax: (I just type an X?)
Melo: (And hit Enter, yep)
(Numbers will auto-calc for you)
Ambrose Betamax: (er in any case since I’m berserk now I’m not using my gun, I’m running up and beating the hell out of it)
AJ B. (GM): (ok so one action for the movement)
Ambrose Betamax: (I’m assuming berserk means i’m no longer thinking clearly)
AJ B. (GM): (and then a whole lot of hitting the thing)
Ambrose Betamax: (yup)

Charlie watches Ambrose charge through one of the illusions to start flailing at the beast

Ambrose Betamax becomes a swampy crazed blur as he charges at the bunyip and punches it repeatedly as hard as he can.
Ambrose Betamax: (oh cool all the rolls are right there)
(flynt, your really good at this stuff :O)
Melo: (Yep! Wanted to make it as easy as I could for you)
Ambrose Betamax: (I’m guessing big windup punches, so as many power punches as I can fit, then a regular punch if I have one action left)
Melo: (would be 3 power punches)
Ambrose Betamax: rolling 3d20 + 4
(
11
+
6
+
9
)4
= 30
er +4 on each
(so 15, 10, and 13)
AJ B. (GM): (first one is double damage, second is a dodge, third is normal damage)
Ambrose Betamax: (ok first one then)
rolling 4d6 + 5
(
2
+
4
+
1
+
1
)
5
= 13
(aaaaaw)
(btw my god ambrose pissed off is stronk)
(so thats 26 right?)
Melo: (The sad part though, is that’s all SDC damage. I don’t even think the demon’ll notice. But yes, 26)
Ambrose Betamax: (aaw.)
Melo: (Its still a very, very fitting gesture)
Ambrose Betamax: rolling 4d6 + 5
(
5
+
3
+
6
+
2
)+5
= 21
(well thats his other punch)
AJ B. (GM): Your fists slam home and hurt when they connect, it feels like you just punched steel.
Ambrose Betamax: (I think ambrose in berserk mode woulsnt notice the pain :P)
AJ B. (GM): (Melo, you’re up)
(probably not, but does at least give you an excuse for knowing that punching wont work)

Ambrose Betamax is crazed and foaming at the mouth.
AJ B. (GM): (well maybe if you punched it in the eye it might)

Charlie calls out to Melo "Is this one of those “things the deer does” ?! " He was reaching for his rifle….

Melo had all kinds of alarms blaring in his head from his suit. This wasn’t good. At all. His first reaction though? Fire. Fire until its dead. Fire until the clip is empty. Burn that fucker’s throat out if he has to. On the bright side, its point blank! Again and again that trigger would be pulled as the beast tried to shake mud from it’s eyes.
Melo: rolling 5d20+6 (Again, once it goes splut, the fireing would stop)
(
20
+
8
+
14
+
5
+
1
)+6
= 54
(With the last action saved for moving away)
AJ B. (GM): (hit, miss, miss, miss, critical failure.)
Melo: rolling 3d6*2
(
3
+
6
+
1
)*2
= 20
(God damn, point blank and 3 misses?)
AJ B. (GM): (need a piloting roll from Vault)
Vault: rolling 1d100< 96
(
69
)
= 1 Successes
(From Vault): Commander, I believe someone is shooting at me.
AJ B. (GM): (Charlie, you’re up)

Melo could be heard screaming over his coms, “Dodge more!”

Charlie charlie slaps the enraged deer on the ass, casting Armor of Ithan on him. “Go get ’em!”
Charlie:
Magic fire/lighting/cold do half damage
20 MDC protection
AJ B. (GM): (alright)
Charlie: I can move over to Melo and do the same correct?
or is that 1 action too many)
AJ B. (GM): (how many actions do you have total?)
Melo: (6 +1with tail)
Charlie: Yeah)
Melo: (4 h2h, 1 race, 1 boxing, 1 tail)
AJ B. (GM): (that first one was a single spell right?)
Melo: (Yep, 10 mdc per level of the caster)
Charlie: Yes)
AJ B. (GM): (then yeah you can do that 2 for spell, 1 for move, 2 for spell, leaving 1 normal 1 tail)
Charlie: well tail isnt gonna reach anything so I guess I’ll take out my rifle for the last one. My normal rifle
AJ B. (GM): (normal being the one with bullets or the one with energy?)
Charlie: Bullets
AJ B. (GM): (kk)
Bunyip again. Finding its prey running away it turns only to notice something potentially tasty punching it.

Charlie pats Melo’s shoulder, muttering something. A magical shimmer gives him a little bit of protection.
AJ B. (GM): (alright Ambrose, need 5 dodges from you.)
Ambrose Betamax: (oh dear.)
rolling 5d20 + 9
(
6
+
19
+
5
+
15
+
16
)+9
= 70
er each gets +9
(wow berserk ambrose gets a good dodge)
Charlie: wow dodgey deer)
Ambrose Betamax: (just call me dodgey dodgerson)
Charlie: throws a wrench at Ambrose
Melo: (Dodgey McDodgerson)
AJ B. (GM): It still manages to get in 2 solid bites doing a total of 38 MDC
Ambrose Betamax: (aaw.)
Charlie: Wuuuuuuut Good thing the armor absorbs some)
Melo: (18 MDC to your armor at least)
(Gear tab, Torso I presume?)
AJ B. (GM): (yep)
Charlie: Would the magic absorb most of it?)
Melo: (20 of it at least)
Charlie: That’s better than nothing XD)
AJ B. (GM): (Ambrose you’re up next)
(I’m pretty sure you survived that)
Ambrose Betamax: (yeah I did)

Ambrose Betamax is now even more pissed off, and takes advantage of the bunyips faces proximity, leaping onto its face and trying to pull out an eye
Ambrose Betamax: (revenge for that hallucination trip :P)
(not sure how to roll for that though.)
AJ B. (GM): (go with a bodyflip/throw at -4)
Charlie: (Please don’t bite the eye omg)
AJ B. (GM): (it will eat three actions to fully succeed at this assuming you can)
Ambrose Betamax: (it looks like I get a plus 3 for my martial arts too)
(does my berserk add to my throw skill at all?)
(or at least my grabbing strength? :P)
AJ B. (GM): (don’t think it does)
Ambrose Betamax: (so it adds up to 1d20 – 1?)
AJ B. (GM): (yep)
Ambrose Betamax: rolling 1d20 + -1
(
4
)+-1
= 3
(crap.)
AJ B. (GM): You fail to even get onto the Bunyips face.

Ambrose Betamax uses his last action to try to get on its face again. at least he cant bite me if I’m on top of it.
AJ B. (GM): (alright, Its been trying to bite you so just gonna say your successful and are now on top of its head)
Ambrose Betamax: (got its head in a deathgrip)
AJ B. (GM): (melo, you’re up)
Ambrose Betamax: (:P)

Melo curses under his breath before a hand went to that pump action grenade launcher on the underside of his rifle. A few muttered words, a single flick of a finger to make sure the settings were right, and an eruption of fire would burst forth, rather then the more then likely expected ’nade. (Pump action fireball, go!)
Melo: (Fire Bolt*)
Ambrose Betamax: (please dont set me on fire :P)
Charlie: (Is this gonna wreck the meat? Lol)

Melo is just a smidge enraged at this point, and when it comes right down to it, he’s worried for Ambrose. And almost out of ammo.
Melo: rolling 1d20+4
(
4
)4
= 8
AJ B. (GM): ./gmroll 1d20
3
The Bunyip barely dodges to the side as the fire bolt hits the ground to the right of it.

Melo again would channel that ball of fire through his gun, another mixture of words and pump-action launching a second blaze at the monstrous creature.
Melo: rolling 1d20+4
(
9
)+4
= 13
AJ B. (GM): This time it hits home and the creature howls in pain
Melo: (To GM) rolling 1d100
(
100
)
= 100
AJ B. (GM): (damn thats lucky)
(roll the damage)
Melo: rolling 4d6
(
2
+
5
+
5
+
4
)
= 16
AJ B. (GM): (Anymore actions Melo?)

Melo wouldn’t even be paying attention to the creature’s howls of pain at this point, rifle again lifted to his shoulder, a rapid fire burst spraying freely, trigger held down far longer then a single blast.
Charlie: (I take it Charlie can sense the magic now)
Melo: (Very, very much so. Those were not your standard ‘nade rounds)
(Checking my bonuses on a burst aimed shot)
rolling 1d20+11
(
10
)+11
= 21
AJ B. (GM): (roll damage)
Melo: rolling 6d6
(
4
+
2
+
4
+
3
+
2
+
1
)
= 16
AJ B. (GM): (that all your actions now?)
Melo: (Throat shot, fer what its worth, ’cause Ambrose is blocking the face. And yeah, that’s all 6 actions if spells take 2 each)
AJ B. (GM): The shots hit home and the beast shakes its head some. (Charlie, you’re up)
Ambrose Betamax: (lol I’m probably pissing it off, and hopefully blocking vision too)

Melo has all kinds of low ammo warnings lit up inside his scope. And by all kinds, he means that very calmly blinking ‘10% Charge’ in the top right of his vision.
Charlie: I guess I’ll cast the Ithan armor on myself for 2, waltz up to the beast for 1, and claw at it for 1. Time to use these babies.)

Charlie is intrigued by the show of magic from Melo, he was full of surprises today! Dashing forward with his army of him, the Witch Wolf recited the incantation for Ithan’s protection and strikes at the beast!
Charlie: so what’s this power punch buisness
AJ B. (GM): (2 actions to hit harder)
Melo: (Eats up 2 melee, as a witchwolf I think you get 1 MD per punch; confirming(
AJ B. (GM): (supernatural PS actually)
Charlie: Just flat out 1md?)
Ambrose Betamax: (waaat his punches are better than mine nuuu)
AJ B. (GM): (so probably higher then 1 MD)
Charlie: ah so roll to strike as usual?)
Melo: (Yep)
AJ B. (GM): (whats your PS Charlie?)
Charlie: PS is 40)
AJ B. (GM): (2d4 MD on a power punch then)
(but yes normal roll to strike)
Ambrose Betamax: (wtf are feni like really wimpy? :P)
Melo: (You just have natural strength)
Charlie: Nah witch wolves are just scary)
AJ B. (GM): (no witchwolves have the same kind of strength cyborgs and crazies do)
(specifically compared to, Bionics, Juicers, Crazies, and light power armor)
Charlie: If I do this right I can power punch, regular punch, then tail)
Melo: (Sounds about right)
Charlie: rolling 1d20+5[Power Punch]
(
15
)5
= 20
rolling 1d20
5[Regular Punch]
(
15
)5
= 20
rolling 1d20
5[Tail Swing]
(
2
)+5
= 7
All getting a +1 from the clones which should be ending this turn
Ambrose Betamax: (ok so ambrose might not be super strong but he’s very attractive in this is probably good roleplaying :P)
Melo: (Very good)
Charlie: Yeah Ambrose has Charlie beat on looks hands down)
AJ B. (GM): Alright well the Bunyip seeing your first punch coming decides to parry with the only thing at hand.
Charlie: Horror of 13 doesn’t make me very likeable)
omg it’s not gonna use the deer is it
Ambrose Betamax: (uh-oh.)
AJ B. (GM): Ducking its head there is a deer in front of your fist and its too late to pull the punch.
Ambrose Betamax: (this is gonna suuuck :P)
Charlie: (wut wut in da butt, I hope you like fisting)
AJ B. (GM): (Ambrose there are only two options you take this hit or you let go and fall off its head)
Ambrose Betamax: (am I even aware that a punch is coming?)
AJ B. (GM): (hmm, actually yeah holding onto it probably not, nm, charlie roll damage)
Ambrose Betamax: (not the face)
Charlie: (Is it +25 for my melee damage?)
Ambrose Betamax: (oh god)
(You might be about to kill ambrose)
Charlie: I-I know paramedic skills!)
AJ B. (GM): (nope the +25 would be SDC)
Charlie: so 25 sdc on top of the mega?)
AJ B. (GM): (yep)
Charlie: rolling 2d4
(
3
+
4
)
= 7
I’M SORRY)
+25 SDC
Ambrose Betamax: (minus your armor buff right?)
AJ B. (GM): (Did he toss that armor on you? or just him and melo?)
Melo: (Armor got aet already)
Ambrose Betamax: (he slapped my butt with it)
Charlie: I got everyone and myself)
oh cept vault

Vault zoom zoom.
Charlie: Unless its continuous coverage)
Melo: (Blind, toss us 4d6 please?)
Ambrose Betamax: rolling 4d6
(
4
+
5
+
6
+
1
)
= 16
AJ B. (GM): (ahh, kk then yeah take 7 MD off the armor buff so think its down to 13 now)
(or maybe its gone, Ive lost track)
Charlie: should be gone from the bunyip bite)
Ambrose Betamax: (Probably)
Charlie: that was 36M and the armor was 20M
if you didn’t use it then you can use it now I guess? XD)
Melo: (Armor of I got aet on the first bite. Then ‘zerker rage 16 MD was aet. Then body armor got aet some; body armor after that punch should be at 42. We forgot to account for the zerker rage MDC)
AJ B. (GM): (roll damage for your other strikes, they manage to hit the bunyip, though niether is MD)
Ambrose Betamax: (the meaning of life)
Charlie: rolling 3d6+25[claw]
(
1
+
4
+
6
)+25
= 36
Didn’t the tail miss?)
AJ B. (GM): (oh yeah it did, sorry)
Alright Bunyips up then. It seems to hold off on attacking while it growls and scratches at the ground for a bit. Its eyes blaze with hunger as it finished and makes 3 bites, 1 at each charlie in range.
(only one dodge roll required if that is your desired defense)
Ambrose Betamax: (is it hampered at all by the deer on its face?)
Charlie: (the illusions last for 2 minutes, are they still up? I lost track)
AJ B. (GM): (not yet though Im sure it will be in a moment)
(2 minutes would be 8 rounds, nowhere near that yet)
Charlie: ah ah okay)
what round is this even)
Melo: (This fight has been about 45 seconds long, we’re going into the 60 second mark now)
Charlie: oh dang)
Melo: (We’re on round 4)
AJ B. (GM): (yeah, nuts isnt it?)
Melo: (I’m having fun!)
Charlie: rolling 1d20+8
(
10
)+8
= 18
o xo!!! )

Charlie all the Charlies do a twirl
AJ B. (GM): It would appear Charlie dodges just barely.
Charlie: It’s like watching a sycronized goofy dance fight
Melo: (Thriller, anyone~)
AJ B. (GM): (And now it is Ambrose’s turn once more)
Ambrose Betamax: (well this this is dodging it’d be safety dance right?)
Melo: (Ha!)
Charlie: o xo I will punch you in the butt again, Deer)
AJ B. (GM): (Note to self, Start Band, have Charlie be backup dancers)
Charlie: lol)

Ambrose Betamax , still hanging on to the face, goes for the eyes again.
Ambrose Betamax: (still 20-1?)
AJ B. (GM): (yep)
Ambrose Betamax: rolling 1d20 + -1
(
14
)-1
= 13
(I’ma keep trying it however many times I can)
(Eyeball flailing!)
AJ B. (GM): This time it manages to shake you away from its eye but not completely off of it.
Ambrose Betamax: (can I try to gore its eye with an antler?)
Melo: (At 3 actions an attempt, think you can do it twice a round?)
Charlie: (if you get stuck I swear lmao)
Ambrose Betamax: (cause then I can keep both hands hanging on :P)
AJ B. (GM): (sure, normal strike roll)
Ambrose Betamax: rolling 1d20 + 4
(
9
)
4
= 13
(I dunno how many actions I have so)
Melo: (6 total)
Ambrose Betamax: (as many times as I can I do that :p)
AJ B. (GM): (so want to go for another eye pull or sticking to goring?)
(you’ve got the actions for two attempts per round)
Ambrose Betamax: hmm. I’ll try another yank
AJ B. (GM): (at least for as long as your in zerker mode)
Ambrose Betamax: rolling 1d20 + -1
(
17
)+-1
= 16
(hay a maybe :O)
AJ B. (GM): And you have popped the damn things eye out of its socket and it is howling in pain while its eye dangles off the side of its face.
Ambrose Betamax: “raaaaaaaaaaghghhgahghagar!”
AJ B. (GM): (Melo, you’re up)
Ambrose Betamax: 9I imagine that hurt a lot :P)
(totally is now hanging on with one hand in an eye socket)
Charlie: (we need to save that)
Ambrose Betamax: (I bet its a little disoriented with one of its eyes dangling all over bouncing around :P)

Melo has that little blinking light in his sights, but that didn’t stop him from draining the clip to flat, this time aiming for that now gaping socket of the screaming demon. God he hopes he doesn’t hit the deer!
Melo: rolling 1d20+12
(
12
)+12
= 24
(Called aimed shot, as a note, single blast)
AJ B. (GM): It turns to face you right as you aim for that spot giving you a very clear view inside its head x2 damage
Melo: rolling 3d6*2
(
2
+
6
+
4
)*2
= 24
AJ B. (GM): Its still standing though now it seems even more pissed.

Melo kept his bead, that trigger again squeezed between heartbeats, aim careful and true.
Melo: rolling 1d20+12 (Called shot, again for that socket. Gonna burn the fucker’s brains out!)
(
1
)+12
= 13
(Or shoot Ambrose. That’s a viable option, too)
Ambrose Betamax: (oh no)
Charlie: (LMAO omg or shoot me)
I am kinda in the way)
Melo: (Good news is, that was the last round in the clip..!)
Ambrose Betamax: (please dont kill the deer that you promised to keep alive :P)
AJ B. (GM): The shot goes completely wild and hits the pond the Bunyip was hiding in.
Ambrose Betamax: (what little remains of ambroses conscious mind notes that a couple fish are now fillets.)

Melo blames his footing, yeah, that’s it. Though his scope went red on his end to signal the clip was dead. A moment to hot-swap to a new clip, and another shot would soon fly (1 action to change a clip, yeah?)
AJ B. (GM): (yep)
Melo: rolling 1d20+6
(
16
)+6
= 22
(Non-called, at the main body or what-have-you)
Ambrose Betamax: (thank you AJ for not having that shot murder me :P)
AJ B. (GM): (I rolled a d4 for who itd hit lol)
Ambrose Betamax: (I dunno how ambrose would take it after the attempted fisting)
AJ B. (GM): (hit, roll damage)
Melo: (..Wait, what?)
rolling 3d6
(
1
+
1
+
6
)
= 8
Ambrose Betamax: (jena hit my butt)
AJ B. (GM): (anymore actions Melo?)
Charlie: lol)
Melo: (That’s all 6)
Ambrose Betamax: (with a power punch :P)
(power fisting!)
AJ B. (GM): (Charlie, you’re up)
Charlie: (can I see inside the eye socket)
AJ B. (GM): (yeah)
Charlie: throwing stones into it’s eyeball socket)
That’d be throwing, right? Thrown like a ball. Is there anything special about that)
Says something about PP attribute and targeting)
Ambrose Betamax: (please dont hit me with a rock :P)
(ambrose is having ab ad day :P)
Melo: (PP strike bonus counts, don’t think you have the throwing skill.)
Charlie: I could move to the side of it first)
This is the magic throwing stones, dunno if that’s any different)
Move up 1 to avoid being in Melo’s way.
Melo: (Yep, looking at the spell; PP bonus (Should be row 39 on the stats page, +2 to strike.)

Melo is standing on a rock to try and make sure he’s head and shoulders above the rest of the party. Hopefully that moss isn’t eating his boots.
AJ B. (GM): (ok so 2 rounds to cast leaving you quite a few actions for throwing it seems)
(actions not rounds)
Ambrose Betamax: (I think ambrose is gonna stick a Lance of fire in that eye socket next turn :P)
Charlie: ooh ti’s two rounds to cast)
AJ B. (GM): (you guys have a disturbing obsession with penetrating weird orifice)
Ambrose Betamax: (hey, we’re furries)
AJ B. (GM): (nah its two actions to cast, but duration is two rounds)
Melo: (2 actions to cast, would give you 4 actions this turn and 6 more next turn)
Charlie: ah
AJ B. (GM): (which means you’ll be able to huck a whole mess of stones)
Charlie: can I just stone it to death)

Ambrose Betamax doesnt want to be stoned to death.
Charlie: Cast it multiple times or do I have to finish it to recast)
AJ B. (GM): (no point to casting it multiple times)
(at least not in a single round)
(it gives you the ability to summon rocks from the ground and throw them fast and hard at a rate of 1/action)
(a second cast will not cut that down or give you more throws)
Charlie: ah I see
so I can hurl 4 right now
AJ B. (GM): (yep)
Charlie: let’s go for it!
aim’n at the eyeball and not ambrose
well make it 3 and 1 move
shifting up a square to get out of melo’s way
AJ B. (GM): (alright, roll it)
Charlie: rolling 1d20+1[Images]4[strike]
(
10
)
1+4
= 15
rolling 1d20+1[Images]4[strike]
(
19
)
1+4
= 24
rolling 1d20+1[Images]4[strike]
(
14
)
1+4
= 19
Saving throw is dodge.
Ambrose Betamax: (I imagine losing an eye and being abstructed by a deer makes dodging harder?)
AJ B. (GM): (unfortunately it wasnt that smart, it tried to put Ambrose in the way and missed every time, so roll damage)
Charlie: rolling 1d6+2
(
3
)2
= 5
rolling 1d6
2
(
4
)2
= 6
rolling 1d6
2
(
2
)+2
= 4
13 MD for throw’n rocks
AJ B. (GM): Time once more for the bunyip to go.
Ambrose Betamax: (I bet its pretty unhappy with me :P)

Charlie ducked low, scooping up earthen lumps and hurl’n them at the Bunyip, hoping not to hit the deer.
AJ B. (GM): It begins to squeeze together from left to right sort of shrinking, although the same height it is becoming two dimensional.
Charlie: (o .o!? )

Ambrose Betamax is suddenly straddling a very thin bunyip.
AJ B. (GM): As it becomes fully two dimensional Ambrose falls off, it next scratches and growls disappearing fully from sight from any angle.
Charlie: (will use deep vision as soon as possible)

Ambrose Betamax plops to the ground and grunts.
AJ B. (GM): You see a slight ripple in the water, though it is barely noticeable.
(with that we are dropping init for the moment.)
Ambrose Betamax: (well hopefully it left an eyeball behind)
Charlie: o .o! Levitation time
if I can detect it at all with my magic sense
unless it’s not magical

Charlie makes faces. “Bah! I didn’t come all the way here just to let it go…”

Ambrose Betamax , deprived of a threat to fight, comes down from his berserker rage. (I think. not sure how it works.)
Melo: “I’ll be damned if my pay-day is going to get away after what it just cost to rip apart!”
AJ B. (GM): Charlie, you can see the magic emanating from below the water.

Ambrose Betamax wonders why his ass hurts so much.
AJ B. (GM): (no that eyeball went with it)
Ambrose Betamax: (aaw.)
Charlie: (can I target it from that information and try levitation again?)
AJ B. (GM): (whats the range on it?)
Ambrose Betamax: (if you do it’ll totally look like the phantom zone scene from superman)
Charlie: 60 feet)
AJ B. (GM): (yeah you can)

Charlie waves his arms over he head again trying to pull the paper thin bugger out of the water
AJ B. (GM): You watch as Charlie does his dance and water gets slightly disturbed, though nothing visible has risen from the water.

Charlie scratches his head. “Do you guys have a net?”
Ambrose Betamax: (two medium sacks and a leather whip is the closest I’ve got)

Melo didn’t think to bring one, when it comes right down to it. “Got some duct tape.”
Ambrose Betamax: (your an engineer, duct tape is enough :P)

Ambrose Betamax is oblivious to the water ripples right now, in post berserk lethargy. “Wha, why do we need a net, it’s gone”

Charlie swishes his tail happily. “Well we need something to put this thing in. It may not look like it, but I’ve got it right now and I don’t know how long I can hold it.”
Ambrose Betamax: “oh…how big does it need to be?”
Melo: “Can we kill it, then worry about moving it?”
Charlie: “Erm, yeah! if you can find it…” Charlie stares, not wanting to drop the deep vision. “oop!”
AJ B. (GM): (Ambrose and Charlie, need save vs HF from each of you)
Ambrose Betamax: (hf?)
Charlie: horror factor?
AJ B. (GM): horror factor
Ambrose Betamax: (oh duh)

Melo is just a little blood thirsty at times. The damned thing messed with his gear, damnit!
Charlie: rolling 1d20+9
(
2
)9
= 11
what the fuck charlie lmao)
Ambrose Betamax: rolling 1d20 + -1
(
15
)
-1
= 14
(er my base says varies)
(So I dunno)
Charlie: (same, I figure those are hidden bonuses up to the GM,ya?)
AJ B. (GM): congrats both of you are overcome with an overwhelming sense of fear and a strong desire to get the hell out of this swamp.

Charlie starts barking at the pond before turning tail towards the car at full speed.
Charlie: (after getting 60 feet away from the pond it would drop back down)
Ambrose Betamax: (can I use my suppress fear?)
Melo: “What the hell?” He’d blink as the dog turned to bolt.
AJ B. (GM): (yeah you can)
Charlie: (where was vault this entire time btw)
Melo: (Flying around, searching for Croc men, and bitching about being shot at)
Charlie: lol

Ambrose Betamax uses his psionic powers to suppress his own fear. (I dont think I can do us both at once sorry charlie :P)
Ambrose Betamax: “whoa…that was weird.”
AJ B. (GM): Again that slight disturbance in the water as Charlie gets out of range and the thing slips back under
Shortly after stopping your run you realize there was absolutely no reason to be scared.

Charlie now debates even going back out of humiliation

Ambrose Betamax thinks he knows what happened, thanks to his understanding of his own psionic powers. “I think it did a psionic fear thing…”

Charlie slowly edges his way back to the party with his tail tucked between his legs. “wuh.. well if I raise it out of the water you’ll have to shoot it up right and good before it does that again…”

Melo starts to approach the water’s edge, “Y’know, I saw this in a movie once..” His hands were already pulling an e-clip and his multi-tool from his pouches. to help him focus a bit.
AJ B. (GM): (Anything in or entering that square is going to have to save vs HF regularly)
Ambrose Betamax: “hey, do we have anything that explodes?”
Charlie: (I assume I can see it)
AJ B. (GM): (yep its emanating magic, though only lightly)

Charlie informs everyone of the aura of magic.
(To GM): Ok, NOW I’m gonna force lightning that fooker; with an e-clip as my focus.
Charlie: “Just keep away from that side of the swamp and you should avoid whatever it did.”

Ambrose Betamax wonders if we can just throw something in there to blast it out.
(From AJ B. (GM)): ok roll your effects and all that.
Melo: (To GM) rolling 1d100
(
19
)
= 19
Charlie: “That’s gonna be messy” the wolf witch puts his goggles down to cover his eyes just in case.
Melo: (To GM) rolling 1d4*10
(
2
)*10
= 20

Melo is casual as ever, before sparks start spraying hap-hazardly into the pod. Very large, angry, lightning bolty sparks.

Charlie turns to see source of the buzzing noise. “What chu craft’n over there Mr. Techno-hocus pocus?”

Ambrose Betamax , utterly surprised by this and still a little wierded out from his berserkness, pretty much passes out. like one of those fainting goats!
Melo: (To GM) rolling 4d20+2 2 each to hit, save vs dodge, -6 if considering it wild, -10 for blind
(
1
+
19
+
16
+
8
)
2+2
= 48
Charlie: “Oh geeze!”
(From AJ B. (GM)): roll damage, it cant avoid this
Charlie: First impulse would be to get Ambrose but he was on the other side of the scary part of the swamp….Charlie attempted to run through anyway!
rolling 1d20+9
(
14
)+9
= 23
Melo: (To GM) rolling 6d6 (2d6 each, presuming the 1 missed / fizzled, -20% damage)
(
1
+
2
+
3
+
1
+
2
+
5
)
= 14
AJ B. (GM): (well thats a successful save)
Charlie: does anything happen to my clones as they pass over the water
AJ B. (GM): nope, since they are illusions theres only one thing that effects them
Charlie: was making sure the bunyip didn’t get greedy)

Charlie uses his paramedic skills to determine if Ambrose was in any danger

Melo is currently shocking the ever living hell out of it. Them bolts? Yeah. Force Lightning baby.
AJ B. (GM): (roll it Charlie)
Ambrose Betamax: (check my butt while your at it)
Charlie: rolling 1d100< 60
(
30
)
= 1 Successes
AJ B. (GM): After the crackling electricity fades the pond seems perfectly calm and peaceful.
Charlie: (your butt is a-okay)
AJ B. (GM): Aside from being really prone to fainting he’s fine.
Ambrose Betamax: I know its great but is it damaged? :P)
Charlie: (could use a wash to get rid of the bunyip and swamp smell)
~ n~ Charlie pats Ambrose’s face cheek a few times to see if he’d come to.
Ambrose Betamax: “frglbergle.”
Melo: “He alright?” A glance given over at Charlie and Ambrose. And then another casual hand full of lightning. He’s only slightly worried about the Deer-bee; he’s making noises.
Charlie: “Oh, I didn’t know you spoke Gobblely.”
The witch wolf gave the all clear sign to Melo, a thumbs up!
(anyone ready to try to shoot the thing again if I can manage to pull it out of the water one more time?)

Ambrose Betamax is awakeish, but pretty much unable to do much. Thats what happens after he goes crazier than the nation of greater Berserkistan.

Melo IS shooting it! Straight out of an e-clip! Like a dark Jedi.
Charlie: (hmn I see, we’re gonna need vault since Ambrose is outta commission)
Ambrose Betamax: “oog. ok,l I can shoot it while I lie down, right?”

Charlie pats Betamax and tells him to just chill before turning back to the pond to look for the Bunyip and attempt to raise it again.
AJ B. (GM): (casting it again then?)
Charlie: yeah, gonna go for up to 4 times)
AJ B. (GM): (only takes the once and you have it back up again)
Ambrose Betamax: (it’s probably not happy :P)
AJ B. (GM): (you’re still the only one that can see anything of it though)
Charlie: (I wouldn’t be! That’s like someon dragging me outta bed. Is it still 2d?)
AJ B. (GM): (no telling all you can see is magic emanation aura)
(which doesnt really shrink or expand with size)

Ambrose Betamax pulls out his gun and lies prone with it.
Charlie: (Can I throw mud and see if it sticks?)
AJ B. (GM): (sure)

Charlie casually slings some mud at the aura, hopefully it’ll give the guys something to aim at.
Melo: “I.. Don’t see a damned thing.”

Melo hopefully however, DOES see a glob of mud now floating in the air on top of something?
Ambrose Betamax: (or a glob of mud cut neatly in half if its at the wrong angle :P)
AJ B. (GM): It sticks for a moment before sliding off

Charlie starts firing at where the mud had hit, hoping to land some shots.

Ambrose Betamax aims for where it stuck for a moment and perforates it that area with a hail of gunfire.
AJ B. (GM): (-10 to strike, though it can’t really dodge)

Melo hums. And then sparks his battery again.
Melo: (To GM) rolling 1d100
(
51
)
= 51
Charlie: are my extras still there?)
AJ B. (GM): (yep for a bit longer)
Ambrose Betamax: rolling 4d20 + -7
(
13
+
12
+
3
+
4
)-7
= 25
(To GM): (Woo, spell range!)
Ambrose Betamax: (er each -7 I guess)
Charlie: rolling 1d20
6-10
(
10
)6-10
= 6
Melo: (To GM) rolling 1d4*10
(
3
)*10
= 30
(To GM): (Drop 30% from my range; I’m within 20 feet of it, yeah?)
AJ B. (GM): (well Ambrose wasted 4 shots from his gun, hitting nothing)
Ambrose Betamax: (if we fire enough things at it eventaully something will happen :P)
(From AJ B. (GM)): yep you are.
Charlie: (why be more accurate when you can shoot more bullets?!)
Melo: rolling 4d20
2 (Adjust as you see fit for bolts of force lightning)
(
8
+
13
+
5
+
14
)+2
= 42

Ambrose Betamax wonders if he can at least tangle it up with his whip.
(From AJ B. (GM)): all but the 3rd hit it
Melo: rolling 6d6
(
5
+
1
+
1
+
2
+
1
+
2
)
= 12
Charlie: (if it doesn’t explode from the lighting you can try to wrap around it and tug it over)

Ambrose Betamax gets his whip out and gets up, a little shakily.
AJ B. (GM): (well its still emanating magic and still not visible in any way but he’s welcome to try)

Ambrose Betamax waves the whip around the general area until it catches on something.
AJ B. (GM): It drapes over something and looks almost like its just folded in half

Melo at least gets to see lightning deflect in odd ways to help with the targeting! Because bolts like that don’t just stop mid air and change direction all at the same height!
Charlie: (oh… can I cast carpet of adhesion on the beast and make the whip stick?)
AJ B. (GM): but it is now wrapped around something.
Charlie: :O!

Ambrose Betamax tries to pull it over!
Ambrose Betamax: (whip fishing!)
AJ B. (GM): As its extremely light and being held aloft, its easy to pull it along, like dragging a baloon
Charlie: (I wanted a bunyip balloon so badly)
Ambrose Betamax: (I have to assume it knows we’ve caught it at this point :P)
Melo: “Nice thinking Ambrose!” And with that, he’d put his clip away and pull out his rifle, already chanting under his breath. “Keep it steady, would’ja? Gonna blow torch the fucker.”
Charlie: “I don’t know if blow torching would degrade the value of the meat…” Charlie frowned. The cooks might get uppity and reduce their pay.

Ambrose Betamax , once it gets close enough, makes sure the whip is wrapped around it securely. there is no escape!
Charlie: “Don’t you have some tranquilizers?”
Melo: “How’d you kill the last one, anyways? And we were told to bring it back dead.”
Ambrose Betamax: “…..all they need is the eyes right? can I keep him? I shall tame it and ride this blind mighty beast…”
AJ B. (GM): once it is close enough it returns to 3d and attempts to bite Ambrose. (init once more folks)
Ambrose Betamax: (is my whip still wrapped around it?)
Melo: rolling 1d20+3
(
4
)3
= 7
Ambrose Betamax: rolling 1d20 + 4
(
8
)
4
= 12
Charlie: rolling 1d20+2
(
8
)+2
= 10

Charlie chuckled but didn’t have time to relate his story.
Charlie:

Melo is slow to react, distracted by his chanting. See, this is why you come prepared. Build your device BEFORE you need it, as his mentor always said.

Ambrose Betamax now has a very large bunyip on a leash. at least now he can hang on better.
Ambrose Betamax: (I wonder if the fact that its wrapped up in a whip hurts O.o)
cause it was wrapped around it in 2d
Charlie: careful might snap your whip)
AJ B. (GM): (and again the Bunyip gets first up.)
(Ambrose, need 4 dodges from you)
Ambrose Betamax: (I believe thats 1d20 5 right?)
Melo: (Yep!)
Ambrose Betamax: rolling 1d20 + 5
(
7
)
5
= 12
rolling 1d20 + 5
(
7
)5
= 12
rolling 1d20 + 5
(
19
)
5
= 24
rolling 1d20 + 5
(
11
)+5
= 16
(what happened with my whip? I hope its hampered at least ;o;)
(is still hanging on to it)
Charlie: (plus it’s got a missing eyeball haha)
AJ B. (GM): It manages to bite you twice, and its still wrapped aroung it (25 MD)
(Ambrose, you’re up next)
Ambrose Betamax: 9lol not sure what to do. I Have it on a leash though :P)
Melo: (Still have your rifle in your hand, no? Drop the whip and shoot it, or run away)

Ambrose Betamax drops the whip and opens fire until he has one action left, and uses that to back off.
AJ B. (GM): (kk, believe your back to 4 actions, so 3 for firing.)
Ambrose Betamax: rolling 1d20 + 1
(
2
)1
= 3
rolling 1d20 + 1
(
2
)
1
= 3
rolling 1d20 + 1
(
5
)+1
= 6
(oh cmon)
Melo: (Wow man. Point blank, and you still miss. Repeatedly)

Melo actually can’t say anything; he did, too, and he’s a gun nut.

Ambrose Betamax curses and wishes he had a whip, but nooooo. he backs off, noting that his armor is in tatters, exposing his gorgeous chest.
AJ B. (GM): (Charlie you’re up next)
Charlie: (can I use my horror factor to scare it?)
(like, be alpha bunyip)
AJ B. (GM): (whats your HF?)
Charlie: 13)
Ambrose Betamax: (if you become its alpha, let me ride it around.)
AJ B. (GM): (theres a chance, 1d20-2)
Charlie: Okay so…. >:3
First
2 actions, recast multiple me
That’s 3 more scary mes
Ambrose Betamax: (I hope my suppress fear is still working)
Charlie: not sure if lowering it down to my level so I can growl and snarl at it face to face would make it scarier
AJ B. (GM): (it can only sorta see in the first place)
Charlie: ah very true
Ambrose Betamax: (only one eye left :P)
AJ B. (GM): (its got a rather distorted view what with that eye)
Melo: (We’ve really damaged one of its eyes to begin with)
AJ B. (GM): (its still connected to the optic nerve)
Charlie: I’ll keep it floating just out of melee range then)
Ambrose Betamax: (On the upside, since we did the damage its gottab e more scared of us)
Charlie: and give it a big ol’ Charlie Hello
rolling 1d20-2
(
4
)-2
= 2

Charlie tries the ol’ way of doing things back home in his tribe. You muscle and bully your way to the top, If the next guy can’t be scarier than you, then it’s smooth sailing.
Charlie: Of course Charlie wasn’t actually the alpha in his group…
AJ B. (GM): Charlie begins a low howl, but is outroared by the Bunyip by a very thorough amount, both volume and terror. (save vs HF from everyone)
Ambrose Betamax: (is my suppression still up?)
Charlie: rolling 1d20+9
(
17
)9
= 26
Melo: rolling 1d20
4
(
2
)+4
= 6
AJ B. (GM): (whats its duration?)

Charlie has heard worse!

Melo is struck dumb by the roar, without a doubt.
Ambrose Betamax: (one min per level)
AJ B. (GM): (then yeah its still up)

Ambrose Betamax bravely perserveres!

Charlie squits. “Oh it’s on.”
Ambrose Betamax: (so your having an alpha-off now?)
Charlie: (I would like to yes haha)
AJ B. (GM): (Melo if you werent already last you would be and you’ve lost half your actions for this round)
Charlie: (ambrose is welcome to participate)
(Leah would be impressed by this story if he won)
Ambrose Betamax: (He’ll try. actually, he can use his ecto dsquise to make himself really scary)
Charlie: (that would be awesome)
(and melo has to stand there and watch all three of us yell at eachother)
Ambrose Betamax: (Or I could look like a bunyip.)
(a uh much smaller one)
Charlie: (seduce it)
(get your girlyip on)
Ambrose Betamax: (how do you know its a he :P)
Charlie: (how do you know it’s not gay)

Melo is dumb struck by the roar, even with the protection his helmet offered. He’d even stumble for a moment, just as much caught off guard by the display between the rest of the troop. “SHOOT THE FUCKER!” would be the first thing to bellow from his headset, at that maximum loud speaker volume as soon as he recovered his senses.
Charlie: (that would be the worst day for this guy, get your eye ripped out then followa pretty Ip and be mislead!)
(or gal)
(I don’t know if these even have genders XD)

Ambrose Betamax me see’s charlie’s attempt and, being a bit of an alpha deer himself, and still a lil wild from his berserkerness, gets all alpha too at the next oppurtunity.
Charlie: (if I am able to use anymore actions to alpha out I’d like to)
AJ B. (GM): (it only used 1 to do it, so yeah)
Charlie: 2 for recasting the magic)
1 for the yelling if that takes up 1)
AJ B. (GM): (is there a reason for recast?)
Charlie: Yes, if there’s three of me that’s 3x’s the yelling
it might help, it might not
Melo: (They were due to fade this round anyways, weren’t they?)
Charlie: I was told soon so I recast)
AJ B. (GM): (yeah but he recast this round already)
(and then seems to be planning to do it again in the same round)
Charlie: oh, only the 1 time at the beginning, I was just recounting how many melee rounds I used up already
Should be 3 right? out of 6)
Melo: (Yep!)
Charlie: rolling 1d20-2
(
20
)-2
= 18
BIG ROAR!
Ambrose Betamax: (lol maybe I’m not needed then :P)

Charlie inhales deeply, using his diaphram and roars with all his might!
AJ B. (GM): This time the thing manages only a squeak

Charlie rubs a pouch on his belt in thanks
AJ B. (GM): It is now terrified of the wolf and curls in on itself.

Charlie grins at Melo. “And that my terrified fiend is how I beat the last one.”
Ambrose Betamax: (is this still combat, or is it giving up?)
Melo: (We’re still in combat, yep!)

Ambrose Betamax kind of feels bad for it now tho.

Charlie will gently bring the Buny down growling and snarling the entire time until he could reach the whiip to tug it along.
Ambrose Betamax: “…I want to keep it.”
(Ambrose has a thing for wanting to tame various mighty beasts.)

Charlie snorts. “You gonna want to keep the Fiendwheels too?”
Charlie: (That’sll all I’d want to do this turn. Just tug along the Bunyip and take it back to the car for execution and packing)
Ambrose Betamax: “but look at it, its not even fighting now its just freaked out and helpless ;o;”
AJ B. (GM): (Melo, you’re up)

Melo would be making that a difficult thing to do; its STILL ALIVE after all. Execution was now. “No.” was the very flat answer to Ambrose’s plea even as another of lasers erupted from his rifle’s barrel, aimed at the thing’s eye socket.

Charlie didn’t feel he had the time to tell Ambrose that there weren’t tamed demon pets for a reason.
Melo: rolling 1d20+11
(
7
)+11
= 18
(Called shot, burst)
Charlie: o xo don’t hit me)
AJ B. (GM): (yeah that hits)
Melo: rolling 6d6*2
(
1
+
4
+
1
+
1
+
1
+
6
)*2
= 28

Ambrose Betamax looks at melo, shocked at how cruel he just was.
Charlie: omg melo why)
Melo: (You’ve GOT to be shitting me)
Charlie: (You didn’t charge your eclip enough)
AJ B. (GM): (any actions left Melo?)
Charlie: 1 to cry softly over his dead eclip)

Melo again would fire, a single short blast, to follow up the first burst.
Melo: rolling 1d20+6
(
16
)+6
= 22
AJ B. (GM): (roll damage)
Melo: rolling 3d6
(
1
+
2
+
1
)
= 4
(…

Ambrose Betamax is now PISSED.
AJ B. (GM): (is that the last action?)
Melo: (Yeah; the alpha fight cost me my last 3 actions)
AJ B. (GM): rolling 6d6
(
1
+
3
+
2
+
5
+
5
+
3
)
= 19
It gets up, looking really, amazingly pissed off.
Melo: “FUCKING DIE ALREADY!” He’s fought demons before. Demons are not pets. Demons are things that eat people and kill them.
Charlie: (if levitate let me I’d just violenetly shake it till it died)

Ambrose Betamax is so angry at melo that he cant even look at him. The fight was over, you don’t just…Ambrose refuses to participate in such a cruel thing and steps back.
AJ B. (GM): It scrapes the ground, growls a bit, and falls over as the light leaves its eyes and its tongue lolls out.

Ambrose Betamax sulks and goes back to the car.

Charlie wipes the sweat from his brow, “Finally.”

Melo isn’t about to chance it. He’d be more then willing to pop another round in its head, just to be sure. But that’s because he’s survived the coming of the Rifts, and seen what demons do to people.

Ambrose Betamax probably wont be helping hunt any other things. He hates this.
Melo: rolling 3d6
(
6
+
3
+
3
)
= 12
Charlie: (awe T__T sad, a Rift between friends! Pun intended)
Ambrose Betamax: (lol)
AJ B. (GM): (well you have collected one dead Bunyip, or at least have its corpse in front of you)
Ambrose Betamax: (ambrose has herbivore mentality.)
AJ B. (GM): (Ambrose has Hoarder mentality too)
Ambrose Betamax: (that too.)

Charlie congradulates Melo on the, albeit messy, kill. Bunyip’s were not to be taken lightly. He looked around to give Abmbrose grats but didn’t see him anywhere near. He must be tired, poor guy. His little grass eating heart couldn’t take all that action.

Ambrose Betamax is gonna hang out in the basement when they get home and cry with the weredeer about it.
AJ B. (GM): (Alright so to wrap this up for the night, do you guys load it up and take it back, load it up, leave a guard and continue the hunt, or what?)

Melo sighs a bit, putting his gun away, finally. “That is how you show them who’s an Alpha.” And a moment later, “So. You got some rope? Don’t know if we’ll be able to get the truck in here safely.” And even as he was talking, he was checking his armor’s systems to try and take stock of just what the thing had done to it, and what he’d need to repair. And maybe collect some scraps of Ambrose’s once ostentatious but very nice looking coat.
Melo: (Load up and take it back; I gotta fix my gear.)
Charlie: (yup yup sounds good)
(I will dispell all the charlies cuz driving like that is gonna be weird0
Ambrose Betamax: (ambrose is already in the car :P)
Charlie: Charlie’s got the basic equipment to hold stuff down in the bed of the truck)
It’d be like last time)
assuming there’s no conflict getting back to the car)

Melo would try his best to help move the thing; hopefully there’s some hookup points on the Sky-Cycle to lift it.
AJ B. (GM): there is not, you get it loaded up and returned there, and we will call it a night at that point.
We’ll likely pick up at the drive back next time.
but for now, time for xp and shit

Melo might collect some of the moss, too, just to study. And the tattered scraps of Ambrose’s armor.
Ambrose Betamax: (remember some rocks)
Melo: Today’s date is November 17th. EXP is about to be given.
Charlie: (if anything we will be back here for gators )
Ambrose Betamax: not ambrose. at this point he’s as likely to sneak ahead and warn the gators off :P)
AJ B. (GM): 400 base, an extra 70 for Ambrose for his usual antics and holding to his character even in the face of something trying to eat him Again, and getting much closer this time.
Charlie: (omg no lol)
Zea: (He’ll likely end up on a spit, too)
AJ B. (GM): An extra 50 for Charlie, for his antics, holding to his superstitions and inciting the Strangest competition I have Ever seen in over 10 years as a gm.
Charlie: lol
Ambrose Betamax: (lol)
lol
Zea: Hee.
AJ B. (GM): an extra 60 for Melo for holding to his character type even at the detriment of his relationship with Ambrose.
Ambrose Betamax: (btw is my xp all up to date on the sheet you sent me, flynt?)
Zea: Nope; your EXP is way out of date
Ambrose Betamax: (ok :P
Zea: Like.. I haven’t updated it for.. uh.. a few months.
Ambrose Betamax: (ok. I have a rough approximation on the pdf character sheet)
AJ B. (GM): Thanks for an awesome game tonight guys, had a lot of fun.
Charlie: Next time on “As the Rift Turns” Will Melo and Ambrose be able to pick up the pieces of their broken friendship??

Ambrose Betamax dies
Zea: haha
Jena C.: np thanks for gming!
Ambrose Betamax: thanks aj ^^
Zea: Yeah, thanks a ton for tonight
AJ B. (GM): oh and a quick heads up, next week if possible we’re going to do a bit of a test run on the true raw combat so you guys can decide which you prefer.
Zea: I had a blast. And cool.
Jena C.: I liked not seeing you guys die to 30 something MD
AJ B. (GM): this combat was with all the homebrew adjustments so should be interesting.
Ambrose Betamax: next session should be interesting enough with ambrose being all P.O.ed :P
Jena C.: poor Charlie is gonna be so confused and stuck int h emiddle like a terrible sitcom
Ambrose Betamax: He’s like existentially pissed off

Melo can be as cold hearted as Vault at times.
Ambrose Betamax: and afraid he did something monstrous by helping in the fight too
Jena C.: That conversation to justify actions will be interesting
Ambrose Betamax: Plus he really wanted to keep it.
Jena C.: XD
Tempted to kill cassawaries for dinner
Make dat Cassarole
Zea: Melo’ll be telling some war stories next time.
Jena C.: I’d say tell hima bout PETA but he might join
Ambrose Betamax: maybe we can find out why melo puts up with ambrose too. they have a backstory and we dun evne know what it is :P
Jena C.: lol
yeah melo is pretty serious but Ambrose is pretty harmless most of the time
Zea: We still need to come up with that.
Melo is a Pre-Rifts marine sniper, who lived through the coming of the Rifts.
And all the demons and chaos that that intails.
Ambrose Betamax: Ambrose is a tribal deer whose tribe probably arrived via the rifts :P
AJ B. (GM): yeah, I leave the backstory stuff up to you, was just easier having you start out knowing each other then dealing with the madness of first meetings
Zea: With out a doubt.
Jena C.: lol that’ll be interesting
I’m sure Ambrose will tell Charlie eventually about the betamax
Zea: The nebious back story is a really helpful thing.
Ambrose Betamax: Ambroses tribe worships(or claims to worship, at least to ambrose) a betamax cassete tape they found as an artifact of the gods :P
Jena C.: Assuming charlie was versed enough in typical ameriacan culture he’d find that to be a very silly story
Zea: Well, Typical American Culture as we know it was 400 years in the past
Jena C.: alrighty have a goodnight guys
Ambrose Betamax: you too duude!
Zea: G’night all!
Sleep safer then I do.
Ambrose Betamax: I’m gonna make some pastas :O
1384: Test
AJ B. (GM): rolling 3d6
(
1
+
1
+
6
)
= 8
Jacob R.: :O
Zea: You know what would be cool?
If you could flip the side the chat window is on in Roll20.
AJ B. (GM): yeah it would

Jacob R. is is gonna roll ALLLLLL the dice
AJ B. (GM): indeed that will be impressive
ok everyone is here, so Recap theatre may begin

Jacob R. sits down for story time
AJ B. (GM): Last Time on “Rifts:Lunatics among Men” our heroes having been hired to cater a party thrown by one of the big wigs of Melbourne had traveled into the swamp to hunt up some croc men. Instead they found a Bunyip, being part of what they needed to bring back they fought and killed the beast, dragging it back to the trucks to begin transport back. All is not rosy in their world though as Melo’s callous treatment of the demon has alienated his friend Ambrose. Will they reconcile? Did they doom an ecosystem with their hunting? Will Charlie ever gain table manners? All these questions and more Today on “Rifts: Madness towards Melbourne”
Jacob R.: (last time on :x-men: story of transexuals….)
AJ B. (GM): (hmm, might have to use something similar one of these times lol.)
Melo: (Ha. Amusing)
Ambrose Betamax: (btw flynt tells me you guys were writing a lot of lore last night. I hope I dont contradict it much)
AJ B. (GM): (anyhow, if you could all check if you can control your pieces and set them up in the way/where you’d be driving/riding I’d appreciate it.)
Melo: (Nope! ‘S why I kept asking you for details)
(Yep, can move.
Ambrose Betamax: (I’m good too.)
AJ B. (GM): Jena? game still not letting you move yours?
Charlie: yup
AJ B. (GM): Damnit
Charlie: There’s probably a checkbox missing
When you double click on my token what does it say?
AJ B. (GM): yep that was probably it
try now
changed both represent and controlled by
Charlie: sweet it works
AJ B. (GM): weird that it had to be changed there
since its in your sheet as automatic and the others work just by dragging them on
Charlie: yeah I had that problem with a player before as GM.
I dunno why it does that D:
AJ B. (GM): oh well, at least its a simple fix

Melo would presumably be in the APC after helping to load the bunnyip into the pickup as best he could.. Most likely with some steel cabling and the skycycle; far easier to do it that way then stress one’s mind and will with the use of magic, no? That, and he’d have to disable the alarms going off in his body armor.

Ambrose Betamax is sulking in the APC, continuing his existential crisis. He glares around every now and again, daring any and all who approach to just try, TRY to say something about how the Bunyip deserved what it got.

Charlie helps secure the kill then gets ready to hop into the drivers seat of the truck. “Hey Melo, did you want to drive the APC behind me or in front? Not sure if I’ll get ambushed by hungry scavenger types again.”
Melo: (Sorry, phone call)
“Can drive behind. Make sure it doesn’t fall off.”
Charlie: (cool I have a nice truck)
Melo: (I started to giggle when it was a single square large)
AJ B. (GM): (that about correct on everyones position?)
Melo: (Think so on my part)

Vault is robotting the turret, and acting as a general look out. Tour-guide mode, disabled.
Charlie: (yup)
AJ B. (GM): (alright, Charlie need a driving roll from you at -20)

Melo is cruising nice and slowly behind the truck, with a good 90-150 feet between the two transports. Ample time to slow to a stop, considering the.. what, 20-30 mph they’re traveling through the rough terrain.
Charlie: rolling 1d100>39
(
3
)
= 0 Successes
I think I di dthat wrong
Melo: (That’d be a win, for sure nodnod)
Charlie: Shoulda used < instead
AJ B. (GM): (yep Alright) Chalie is driving smoothly, having driven this terrain more then enough to spot any problem in it and making it look easy. (need a perception roll from everyone who can see the back of Charlie’s truck)
Melo: rolling 1d20+2
(
17
)2
= 19
Charlie: Unless I can view it through a rearview mirror I wouldn’t get one)
AJ B. (GM): (you can)
Charlie: rolling 1d20
2
(
15
)+2
= 17
(From AJ B. (GM)): You notice a slight movement from the bunyip, looking like it might be rolling off the side.

Charlie makes a motion to Melo from the drivers side window to indicate he’s pulling over before he looks for a safe place to do so.
Charlie: (Do we have a way to communicate electronically?)

Melo radios up to the truck (Surely the truck has a basic radio setup! Who in the outback wouldn’t have a long range radio, or at least a CB in their transport if they’re going outside the city?), “Hey Charlie, cargo’s slipping.” Though that hand waving movement would have him already slowing.
Charlie: (actually I didn’t take radio skills XD I have no idea what my truck has)
Melo: (..there’s an RCC / OCC out there that exists without Radio: Basic?)
AJ B. (GM): (a few of them actually)
(most men of magic dont need it)
(when you can make pidgeons deliver messages, astral project and relay this shit through all the other communication spells why would you?)
Melo: (True!)
Charlie: (for those mundane muggles that can’t haha)
AJ B. (GM): Alright so you guys pull over without any problems.

Charlie double checks the cargo, making sure the redo anything that needs a fix’n up.
AJ B. (GM): (Token move please, and a second perception roll)
Melo: rolling 1d20+2
(
18
)2
= 20
Ambrose Betamax: (am I rolling too?)
rolling 1d20 + 8
(
18
)
8
= 26
Charlie: rolling 1d20+2
(
9
)2
= 11
AJ B. (GM): Alright, everyone but Charlie notices something very odd. The light is back in the Bunyips eyes, and its head snaps around tearing the cables as it breaks loose and gets off the truck.
(init time everybody
Melo: rolling 1d20
1
(
15
)1
= 16
Ambrose Betamax: rolling 1d20 + 4
(
7
)
4
= 11
Melo: (Melo is actually an extra +2 on that; missed something)

Ambrose Betamax is glad its alive/ He’s not a monster after all! or at least not as much of one.

Melo ‘s first response is “SHIT!” when the beast starts to burst free. His brain is taxed, and at this point, he doesn’t trust Ambrose to help try and kill or be killed.
Charlie: (Where’s initiative on the sheet, flynt? I can’t seem to find it)
(nvm found it)
rolling 1d20
(
5
)
= 5
lol
AJ B. (GM): (alright, so Melo, Bunyip, Ambrose, Charlie)
(Melo you have first up)
Ambrose Betamax: (wonders how the truck is going to fare in all this)
Charlie: (probably not well)

Melo may have the audio alarms turned off on his armor, but the HUD was still blinking alarms in the corner of his eye. No, there was no chancing this. Even as he started to reach for his gun, his focus shifted to that armor; to reinforce it, to let him survive one more hit that he knew was going to come his way. (Starting cast of Armor of Ilithian)
AJ B. (GM): The Bunyip looks at Charlie and decides it might be able to get a bite out of him.
(alright Charlie, dodge, parry, simul attack, or do nothing?)
Charlie: (dodge)
Melo: (Each of those will use up your next action, correct?)
AJ B. (GM): (not next, but 1 of.)
Charlie: (ah okay)
Melo: (Ok)
Charlie: rolling 1d20+6
(
1
)+6
= 7
AJ B. (GM): (once you hit 0 you stop having actions for the round)
Charlie: really
charlie gonna die
Ambrose Betamax: (nuuuuu)
Melo: (All Ambroses’s fault. nod He didn’t wanna double tap the demon)
Ambrose Betamax: (you could have lol)
Melo: (I DID!)
AJ B. (GM): The thing chomps down on charlie’s chest, 14 MD to main body
Ambrose Betamax: (oh yeah :P)
Charlie: (how do I track that on your sheet flynt)
Melo: Gear tab, armor
Ambrose Betamax: (bunyips are tough O.o)
Charlie: (Didn’t fill that part in yet X3)
Ambrose Betamax: (is its eye still dangly?)
Charlie: (I’m on the good side possibly haha)
AJ B. (GM): (nope, its eye is fully repaired)
Ambrose Betamax: (aaaw, all that work)
Melo: (Yeah. These things heal fast)
AJ B. (GM): (anyhow, Ambrose is up next)
Ambrose Betamax: (ah)
Charlie: (says I ha e 42 MDC I dunno what that means )

Ambrose Betamax doesnt want to kill it, but doesnt want to die. He Pulls out his weapon and tries to make non-lethal shots at it.)
Ambrose Betamax: (you can always pissing contest it again :P)
Charlie: ( Lol, I dunno if that’ll work twice XD)
Ambrose Betamax: (think of it this way. its already become your beta :P)
Charlie: (true, I’ll just Dog Whisper the whole campaign)
AJ B. (GM): (ok how nonlethal/where are you aiming? ears, legs? thats pretty much the only truly nonlethal options)
Ambrose Betamax: (ears.)
(Ambrose would want it to run away, so it needs its legs)
AJ B. (GM): (alright, shot gets rolled at a -4 then based on current cover/positions)

Vault in the mean time, is attempting to diagnose a short in the laser cannon.
Ambrose Betamax: (I guess one action for pulling out my gun/making sure its loaded, then firing with the rest?)
AJ B. (GM): (1 action at a time with current raw)
(so if weapon wasnt ready yeah, drawing it and then Charlie goes)
Melo: (Yep, we’re testing a diffrent method of combat out)
Ambrose Betamax: (oh)
Charlie: (thank god charlie can’t read ambrose’ mind, he’d have knocked him silly by now)
Ambrose Betamax: (I was sulking in there so it probably wasnt ready. I pull out my weapon then.)
(er in character :P)
AJ B. (GM): (alright, hope somebody is keeping track of these actions, because Im just tracking the bunyips)
(Charlie, you’re up)

Ambrose Betamax pulls out his weapon and doesn’t do any shooting because he’s not the flash and these things take time.

Charlie takes a nasty bite to his chest, thankfully his tribe were skilled in armor making. If it weren’t for the protection of his ancestors and family, he’d have a rather large hole in his side.
Charlie: (power punches are 2 actions right?)
Melo: (yep!)
AJ B. (GM): (correct)
(like spells you’d basically be doing the wind up 1 action, and finishing off the next)

Charlie panics a bit, startled by the attack. In his hates he casts Carpet of Adhesion to the beast, hoping to keep it locked down in the back of the truck.
Charlie: (did my magic replenish from last time?)
AJ B. (GM): (yes it did)
Charlie: (okay cool making sure)
AJ B. (GM): (unless we end midcombat ppe and isp will auto replenish between session)
Melo: (To GM) rolling 1d100 – Impact on Melo’s spell
(
67
)
= 67
AJ B. (GM): (and its already out of the truck, and only begin casting, will be finished with spell next action if uninterrupted)
Charlie: (Ah I see, okay sure, so that’s two actions then to make sur eit sets off right away?)
(To GM): range / Duration -20%; Armor lasts 3 rounds, 10 MD armor.
AJ B. (GM): (sorta, it will take two actions but since you cant force your actions to jump it cant be set off right away)
(just like Melo is forced this action to either finish armor of ithan or interrupt his casting if he wants to do something else)
Charlie: (oh I see)
(I’ll just have charlie retreat behind the APC for cover then and get out his non hunting rifle)
Melo: (For ease of action tracking: http://www.livestream.com/dragonflicks )
AJ B. (GM): (movement 1 action, unless WP quick draw drawings going to take another)
Charlie: (I do not have quick draw)
AJ B. (GM): (alright so going to go with movement as the action then?)
Charlie: (yes)
AJ B. (GM): (Alright Melo, finish casting or interrupt for something?)

Melo finishes his casting, that faint glint of armor present for an instant before vanishing from everyone’s gaze.
AJ B. (GM): Bunyip looks around seeing that none of its prey is within range it climbs up on Charlies truck towards Melo
(Ambrose, you’re up)

Ambrose Betamax fires at the ear!
Ambrose Betamax: rolling 1d20 + -1
(
7
)+-1
= 6
Melo: (From inside the APC?)
Ambrose Betamax: (>>)
AJ B. (GM): (assuming leaning out door)

Ambrose Betamax is dissappointed to be staring at the grey wall of the apc wait oh ok
AJ B. (GM): (he seems to really like doing that)
(since I assume Melo would have left the door open when he went to secure the Bunyip)
Melo: (Very likely; driver’s side at least)
Ambrose Betamax: (either way, looks like ambrose missed :P)
(wanna just call it I fired wildly in its direction while getting out of the apc?)
AJ B. (GM): (nah, trying to stick to raw and I forget what the penalties for firing while moving are if its even possible)
Melo: (-6)
Ambrose Betamax: (lol, well, I missed anyways :P)
(also, melo knows all)
AJ B. (GM): (yeah, youd just probably have shot Melo with that penalty on top of others lol)
Ambrose Betamax: (nuuuuu)
AJ B. (GM): (Charlie, you’re up)
Ambrose has managed to shoot the ground
which considering what he is aiming for is somewhat impressive

Charlie charlie decides to let the fellas handle this one and holds behind the APC.
AJ B. (GM): (just going to hold off on any actions?)
Charlie: (yes)
Ambrose Betamax: (It’s all you melo :P)
AJ B. (GM): (alright, but I am going to point out now would be one of your best opportunities to set up spells if you wanted them up)
(you’re behind cover, enemy is currently occupied, and all your allies are between you and it)
Charlie: (melo and vault should be on cannons)
AJ B. (GM): (Vault has a high probability of obliterating the thing completely)
Melo: (Cannons’re non-op, Vault is out of the picture)
Charlie: ah)
AJ B. (GM): (Then you have nothing to take back)
(do enough damage and these things will turn to paste like anything else)
Melo: (Vault eraced half of a 20 foot long hamster in one blast. nod)
Charlie: (paste goes good on crackers, fuck’n picky rich people)
AJ B. (GM): (lol)
(ok so Charlie is holding action. Melo, you’re up)

Melo doesn’t have time for this. “SHIT SHIT SHIT!” blare over his headset coms, “VAULT! WHERE’S MY GOD DAMNED COVER FIRE!?” And he’d turn to run and try to draw his pistol.
AJ B. (GM): (you have quick draw?)
Melo: (x2; Sharpshooting + WP: Quick draw)
AJ B. (GM): (awesome, alright so you move and get your pistol drawn)
Seeing the pistol, it begins growling and scraping at the bed of Charlie’s truck.
(Ambrose, you’re up)

Ambrose Betamax fires again, hoping for that ear.
Ambrose Betamax: rolling 1d20 + -1
(
15
)+-1
= 14
AJ B. (GM): (roll damage, it doesnt see the shot since Melo has its focus)
Ambrose Betamax: (is it 2 or 3d6?)
Melo: (Would be 3d6 for a burst I think)
Ambrose Betamax: (On the sheet it says 1 to 3dc for regular and 6d6 for burst)
Melo: (Ah, yep. So 1d6, 2d6 or 3d6; I think 3d6 is a heavy blast and only has an impact on an aimed shot)
Ambrose Betamax: (so 2?)
Melo: (2 works!)
Ambrose Betamax: rolling 2d6
(
4
+
1
)
= 5
AJ B. (GM): you manage to clip the tip of its ear, it doesnt seem to be overly bothered.
(Charlie you’re up)

Charlie yells in Melo’s direction, hoping his voice carries around the fat stupid demon on the back of his truck. “Melo! Can you kite it off my truck?” He holds again, waiting to see if his fellow combatant is able to pull this off.
Melo: (Still holding actions?)
Charlie: (yes, trust me )
Melo: (Shouting is a free action, thankfully)
AJ B. (GM): (Melo, you’re up.)

Melo only had ‘Fuck me!’ running through his head at the comment from the dog, not to mention the emotionless ’I’m sorry Commander, the cannons do not seem to be functioning properly. I am attempting to diagnose the problem’ that sparked over the radio in his helmet. Why in the world is he running into the open, with no cover? Still, he’d bolt, to at least try and get out of range of the monster, much as he wanted to let loose with that blast from his side arm.
AJ B. (GM): The Bunyip seeing its prey running has its instincts kick in and leaps off the truck to give chase,
(Ambrose, you’re up)
Ambrose Betamax: (hmmm)
Charlie: (woah you ran waaaaaay farther than I expected)

Ambrose Betamax moves over to the corner of the truck, hoping to get better aim.
Melo: (You’re still within 55 feet of the demon)
Ambrose Betamax: (lol good luck melo)
Charlie: (lol it’s all good)
AJ B. (GM): (Charlie, you’re up)

Charlie roars at the distant Melo to keep distracting the creature. “Just a little longer, then get it in front of the APC!” The wolf tenses, waiting for just the right moment to spring into action.
AJ B. (GM): (Alright, Melo, you’re up)
Charlie: (just to be clear Charlie’s asking Melo to distract the bunny ip one more turn away from the APC before kiting it back in)

Melo could only hope the dog knew what he was doing, making him run around like this! A momentary scramble to change directions as a giant bunny-lobster came racing after him, momentum helping to give him at least some kind of a curve, and hopefully out of clawing range of the behemoth. “HURRY IT THE FUCK UP!” blared out at nearly 80 decibels from his speakers, breath already coming in labored pants as he sprinted for all he’s worth.
AJ B. (GM): The Bunyip once more continues the chase its tongue lolling out and its teeth gnashing as it runs towards Melo.
Charlie: (Just trying to get it some exercise, look how fat it is)
Melo: Charlie, you’re up.

Charlie makes a sudden mad dash to his truck! Practically ripping the door off it’s hinges he hops in, starts up the engine and drives off! VROOM VROOM!

Ambrose Betamax just lost his cover. I hope you didnt run over my hooves.
Charlie: (leah can kiss them and make them better if I did u 3u smooch smooch)
Ambrose Betamax: (ambrose is like…huh. my cover is gone.)
AJ B. (GM): (Alright, if I’m not mistaken Melo has one action left here)

Melo couldn’t blame Charlie. He couldn’t. Really.Really he couldn’t. Oh yes he could. The truck was unarmed, unarmored, and.. Oh god, how does he get himself into these situations? Well, it didn’t matter much; he still had a demon bearing down upon him. Run. That was all he could do.
Charlie: ( I find that image hilarious, wolf rushes to truck and drives off, whent he dust settles ambrose is just there o .o!)
Ambrose Betamax: (soooo charlie just….rann away?)
(or…oh no.)
Melo: (That’s.. kinda what it looks like at first)
Ambrose Betamax: (your not gonna ram it are you?)
AJ B. (GM): You can all hear the truck off in the distance and Melo having moved behind the APC doesn’t see what happens next. Ambrose does see a cloud of dust where the truck went and then notices something odd, the cloud is suddenly moving towards the Bunyip instead of away and seems to be speeding up as it does. You can hear Charlie yelling “HELL YEAH” across the desert as the truck comes roaring up and slams smack into the buyips side, crumpling apart and launching the wolf through its front windshield to fly over the bunyip and roll across the desert. The bunyip is pushed one step and has a truck sized hole embedded in it.

Ambrose Betamax gapes.
AJ B. (GM): (Charlie roll me 1d100 please)
Ambrose Betamax: (LOL you compressed the truck)
Charlie: I would like to use a free action to howl like a badass before landing
rolling 1d100
(
69
)
= 69
LOL
AJ B. (GM): (awesome)
Charlie: not sure 69 is a good number in this case)
Ambrose Betamax: (you had better be wearing sunglasses.)
Melo: (Sunglasses’re only required for explosions)
Charlie: goggles! they’re prescription)
AJ B. (GM): (it is, that was what I was going with for MD of being hit by a 140 mph truck)
(its probably not remotely accurate but fuck it)
Charlie: what about MD for being ejected from said car XD)
Melo: (Thankfully that’s only SDC Nod But you take that through your armor)
Charlie: I’m gonna need new armor)
Melo: (And a new truck)
AJ B. (GM): (Impact did 1d8 directly to sdc/hp)
(sorry 8)
(not 1d8)
Charlie: LOL I was gonna say)
car crashes apparently aren’t deadly in the future XD0
rolling 8d8
(
5
+
2
+
7
+
4
+
7
+
6
+
2
+
2
)
= 35
AJ B. (GM): (I rolled it already and the dice love you today)
Charlie: ooh okay
AJ B. (GM): (not 8d8, just straight up 8)
Charlie: oh wow
AJ B. (GM): (apparently you are really resistant to car crashes)
Melo: (You rolled with that!)
Charlie: (I’ll have to remember that)
I’m so ugly even a car crash cant’ make it worse)
AJ B. (GM): (Alright so Charlies little stunt ate up 3 actions, one to get in, one to drive away and one to crash.)
(Does Charlie have any actions left?)
Melo: (One action)
AJ B. (GM): (Currently you’re lying helpless might want to use it to get up)
(But you can stay there if you choose and do something else)
Charlie: Yeah I’ll do that)

Charlie dusts himself off as he wobbly gets off the ground. Shaking himself loose of dust and glass like a dog, he gives Melo the thumbs up to start shoot’n if the thing is still alive.
AJ B. (GM): (Alright, we’re on to round 2 then)
(And its still alive and its Really Pissed)
Charlie: (I can park like the smart cars do now)
AJ B. (GM): (Melo, you’ve got first up)
Melo: (Same init then?
Ambrose Betamax: (lol and he just walks away from that. very mythbusters)
AJ B. (GM): (that ones optional so guess its up to you guys)
(Do you want varying init or stable?)
Melo: (I actually favor stable after the first round)
Ambrose Betamax: (either works for me)
(*is imagining charlie flying through the air among shards of glas, doing a thumbsup at the camera and grinning like an idiot)

Melo didn’t waste any time; a quick spin, and that pistol would be raised to fire, that ‘Churip!’ noise escaping the still enabled speaker on his gun.
AJ B. (GM): (Jena your vote on init?)
Charlie: (I think stable is good)
AJ B. (GM): (Alright then we’ll stick with this for now, if we want to change it later we will)

Ambrose Betamax briefly wonders why the hell a pistol has the opposite of a silencer on it.
AJ B. (GM): (Every laser weapon in rifts has it)
Melo: rolling 1d20+1
(
18
)+1
= 19
AJ B. (GM): (Humans are "disturbed by truly silent weapons so they were all given speakers like fucking toy guns)
Ambrose Betamax: (ambrose thinks that is the dumbest thing ever :P)
AJ B. (GM): (That is seriously the explanation this game gives)
Charlie: XD)
AJ B. (GM): (Have to agree with him and its why I expect most people rip the stupid things out)
(Apparently Melo liked the pistol one though)
Melo: (I just haven’t disabled it yet!)
AJ B. (GM): The Bunyip is too distracted by the truck to notice its being shot at. Roll damage.

Ambrose Betamax thinks this is like putting a bit of cardboard on a hovorbike so it sounds like a motorcycle….kind of a step down really
Melo: rolling 3d4
(
3
+
1
+
4
)
= 8
AJ B. (GM): The Bunyip turns to the truck bites off the drivers side of the cab that now has the engine occupying the front seat and swallows the whole lot of it.
(Ambrose, you’re up next)

Ambrose Betamax is distressed by how mean that was to the uh…well ok not exactly helpless monster-demon, but fires a full burst shot at it anyways. Now that its a real fight again, its not a matter of curelty, but survival.
Ambrose Betamax: rolling 1d20 + 3
(
17
)+3
= 20
AJ B. (GM): (its still preoccupied, so roll damage)

Ambrose Betamax is still dissapointed in his lack of cover though.
Ambrose Betamax: rolling 6d6 +
(
2
+
4
+
1
+
1
+
6
+
2
)
= 16
(aaaaaaw that blows)
(lol)
Melo: (You have 14 rounds left in that clip; we’re presume you swapped in a fresh clip between all the shooting we’ve done)
Ambrose Betamax: (I assume so too? er.)
AJ B. (GM): (Is 6d6 correct there?)
Melo: (Yes)
Ambrose Betamax: (for a full burst shot, it should be? thats what it says on the sheet flynt gave me)
AJ B. (GM): (Sweet)
(now if only there wasnt a 1 in every damage roll we do today lol)
Ambrose Betamax: (lol)
AJ B. (GM): (Charlie, you’re up)

Charlie pats himself down, looks like there isn’t any visible bleeding. Hopefully nothing internal! Quickly he double checks to see if his pouch on his belt is still there before drawing his weapon.
Charlie: (That’ll be 1 action right?)
AJ B. (GM): (yep)
Charlie: (it’s the pulse rifle)
AJ B. (GM): (Unless you plan to use medical skill to check yourself)
Charlie: (Nah, there’s time for that later)
AJ B. (GM): (Melo, you’re up)

Melo squeezed off another shot in rapid succession, that gun once more giving that chirping sound. “Damnit Vault, Where the fuck is my support fire!?”
Melo: rolling 1d20+1
(
14
)+1
= 15
AJ B. (GM): (roll damage)
Melo: rolling 3d4
(
1
+
2
+
1
)
= 4
Ambrose Betamax: (Oh my god.)
(we fail at shooting.)
AJ B. (GM): (Every fucking damage roll, except that first one that hit Melo lol)
(err Charlie)
Melo: (Charlie, not Melo)
AJ B. (GM): The Bunyip having been rather painfully reminded of Ambrose’s presence swats the truck sending it flying towards him.
(so Ambrose, dodge, parry, simul attack or just have the scrap metal that was once a truck slam into you?)
Ambrose Betamax: O.o
(lol parry a truck? I think I’ll dive out of the way :P)
AJ B. (GM): (If you had a really big sword you could do the whole cut it in half badass hero shit)
Ambrose Betamax: (or I could shoot the truck out of the air)
Melo: (I think its more sliding across the ground)
AJ B. (GM): (nope its up in the air)
(This is cat playing with mouse corpse)
(It thinks the truck is some kind of very stupid prey and wants to be sure its dead)
Ambrose Betamax: (oh dear. I guess I’ll shoot the hell out of the truck and hope it splodes before it hits me)
(because drama)
AJ B. (GM): (alright, simul attack, another full burst?)
Ambrose Betamax: (yeah I think full burst is necessary :P)

Ambrose Betamax panics a little, and not having the time to dodge, fires a lot at the incoming former conveyance. stressss stress stress kills deers.
AJ B. (GM): (alright well it cant do anything to counter so roll damage)
Ambrose Betamax: rolling 6d6 +
(
3
+
5
+
2
+
3
+
6
+
4
)
= 23
Melo: (I hope Charlie didn’t have anything valueable in that truck…)
Ambrose Betamax: (he doesnt anymore.)
AJ B. (GM): Ambrose manages to keep his shots largely centered on the door and tears through part of the truck creating even more destruction to the cab. Although it doesnt explode the truck does come down on Ambrose with the hole right over him. a few of the torn shreds of heated metal tear into him and he is now standing inside the half of the cab thats intact but otherwise he is ok
(10 MD)
Ambrose Betamax: (to the torso?)
AJ B. (GM): (yep)

Ambrose Betamax realizes he should be happy. he has his cover back!
AJ B. (GM): (and you’re up Ambrose)
Ambrose Betamax: (And I should have 8 shots left!)
Melo: (9 by my count)

Ambrose Betamax pops his head and gun out from the uh…current..top of the truck and continues with the burst fire.
AJ B. (GM): (roll to hit)
Ambrose Betamax: rolling 1d20 + 3
(
10
)+3
= 13
Melo: (Would that be considered a wild shot?)
Ambrose Betamax: (ambrose kinda feels like a cartoon right now. hopefully my antlers didnt get stuck in the truck.)
AJ B. (GM): (nah, technically he would already be able to be half above it, basically imagine if someone was lying across the cab of a truck, then turn it sideways and remove the drivers side)
Melo: (Ahh! Neat)
AJ B. (GM): Well the Bunyip having been watching the truck actually sees you shoot this time and dodges the blast, roaring its displeasure at your continued existance.

Ambrose Betamax eeps!
AJ B. (GM): (Charlie, you’re up)

Vault eventually gets the main laser cannons on the APC to start to rotate.
Charlie: what’s this second set of rolls on my laser, is that burst fire?)
Melo: (What’s the name of the laser?)
Charlie: L20 pulse rifle
Melo: (yes, that’s burst)
Charlie: alrighty I’d like to burst
AJ B. (GM): (Alright, roll to hit)
Charlie: rolling 1d20+4
(
9
)+4
= 13
AJ B. (GM): (Well since its still sidetracked roll damage)
Charlie: rolling 6d6
(
4
+
3
+
2
+
6
+
6
+
1
)
= 22
lol even I rolled at 1)
AJ B. (GM): The Bunyip howls in pain turning to see whats shooting at it, but unable to do anything about it Yet.
Melo, you’re up.

Melo could only flinch when that truck went flying towards where the deer was. Pissed as he is at the deer, he still has to worry, soothed only a bit when he saw the demon leap out of the way and the ground erupted as a series of lasers punch into it. But he’s a trained soldier, the enemy is here, his gun is ready. Churip! goes that speaker.
Melo: rolling 1d20+1
(
2
)+1
= 3
Charlie: owo;;;)
AJ B. (GM): and so Melo misses his shot completely.
The Bunyip looks from Ambrose to Charlie as if unsure which one to go after, then it seems to grin before it starts scraping the ground and growling.
(Ambrose. you’re up)

Ambrose Betamax thinks it wise to reload. So thats wat he does. He still feels kind of like a badass from the truck thing.
AJ B. (GM): (Charlie, you’re up)
Charlie: (may I use blinding flash on it?)
Melo: (Can start casting it, yep. Or is that considered a 1 action spell? 1 to 3 PPE, level 1)
Charlie: Gonna use it either way, should help us and everyone is far enough not to get caught in the burst )
Melo: (We’re digging up some rules right now, one moment please)
(But at this point, we’re going with ‘You can channel up to 5 PPE per level of caster per melee action’; at level 2, it’d take you 1 action to cast anything 10 PPE or below)
Charlie: ah kokay sounds good
AJ B. (GM): (so yes you can cast it in one round)
(sorry wouldve been using this earlier but had to track it down, since its “optional” and published in the Rifter magazine)
Charlie: np)
AJ B. (GM): (alright so blinding flash then?)
Charlie: Yup!)

Charlie makes sure his goggles are on properly before a blinding light hits the target right in it’s ugly little demon face.
AJ B. (GM): (going to pump the extra for the penalty to save?)
Charlie: sure!)
AJ B. (GM): (alright so blinding flash eats up 4 ppe)
and you can’t really tell if its had any effect.
(Melo, you’re up)

Ambrose Betamax was totally surprised by the random flash as he was looking right at it. O.o
AJ B. (GM): *thankfully unless you’re in a ten foot radius it isnt blinding)

Melo wasn’t going to wait to see if the flash of light that erupted about the demon’s face had any effect; his eyes were already auto-compensating for the light. Pew goes his handy dandy little laser gun!
Melo: rolling 1d20+1
(
2
)+1
= 3

Melo may have auto-compensation, but it threw off his aim, yep.
AJ B. (GM): and Melo apparently has issues with the planet at this time as he keeps shooting the dirt
Ambrose Betamax: (lol)
AJ B. (GM): The Bunyip finishes its scratching and growling and vanishes
Melo: (Charlie’s up I think)
AJ B. (GM): (yep, looks like)

Charlie laughs loudly. “It’s play’n hide and seek. Too bad I’m a cheater.” The wolf casts throwing stones
AJ B. (GM): Alright, thats easy enough, and cheap enough for a single action cast
Charlie: next round I can start throwing right?
AJ B. (GM): (next action technically)

Melo shouts, “God fucking damnit! Not again!” And already he’s running forward, snagging an e-clip from his belt with his free hand.
AJ B. (GM): (I believe Charlie you’re up with another action at this point)
Melo: (Yep!)
Charlie: “It’s still there, Melo, just invisible.” Charlie chucked a few earth magic rocks at the creature, hoping the dust from the crumbling shots might reveal it’s outline in the sun.
AJ B. (GM): (alright, well you’ve got 1 throw per action, so roll to hit)
Charlie: rolling 1d20+4
(
15
)4
= 19
AJ B. (GM): (Well it has no actions left, so thats a hit, roll damage)
Charlie: rolling 1d6
2
(
3
)+2
= 5
AJ B. (GM): (Alright, Melo, believe you’ve got one more action correct?)

Melo was already starting to chant under his breath, hand with that e-clip in it held, attention focused just as much on it as where the demon was. (Starting to cast Energy Arc)
AJ B. (GM): (Charlie, you have one more action)
Melo: (Squeaks atta Red)
Ambrose Betamax: (red is broken D:)
AJ B. (GM): (Im gonna go make something to eat and stuff while we wait)
Melo: (Plays in spreadsheets Kay!)
Ambrose Betamax: (how long can we expect that to be?)
Charlie: (sorry I dozed ofF)
Ambrose Betamax: wb!
Melo: (Meep)
Charlie: rolling 1d20+4
(
1
)4
= 5
I guess that’s a miss on the rock
Ambrose Betamax: (bwaaahahahaha)
(how does crit failing work?)
Melo: (GM Decides what happens)
AJ B. (GM): (Roll Damage Charlie)
Charlie: rolling 1d6
2
(
6
)+2
= 8
I guess I’m rolling extremes today
AJ B. (GM): Melo, you just got hit by a rock to the left arm and had 8 damage taken off your Armor of Ithan.
Charlie: oh pft
“Sorry I sneezed.”
Ambrose Betamax: (and you dislocated your own arm throwing that hard :P)
Charlie: (don’t give him ideas)

Melo was so focused on his casting he didn’t even notice the ball of stone come flying at him!
Ambrose Betamax: (and you burst into flames.)
AJ B. (GM): (Alright, thats onto the next round unless Im mistaken)
(Alright Melo you’re up first)

Melo thankfully, doesn’t have his concentration disrupted too much, the stone bouncing off that invisible layer guarding his armor with a ripple of light. (Next!)
AJ B. (GM): The Bunyip shakes and starts moving, you can see dirt falling off the space in the air as it does.
The last of the dirt falls off here

Vault is still slowly spinning in the turret. By now, its aming in the totally wrong direction.
Ambrose Betamax: (Shoot anything but the cassowaries)
AJ B. (GM): (Well Ambrose, you’re up)

Ambrose Betamax can’t tell where it is, pretty much having seen it flash and dissappear amongst a few clods of floating dirt, and so tries to not draw attention from giant monsters of any sort that might be in the area. (just hangin out I guess :P)
AJ B. (GM): (Alright, so Ambrose holds action, Charlie, you’re up)
Ambrose Betamax: (ambrose is uh….looking casual :P)
Melo: (Brb, kitty demanding play time; Melo keeps channeling his next action)

Charlie ‘s ears perk up. “Ambrose! Behind you!” He points, though it might not do any good. The deer’s previous history of actions could very well prove he’d look and think the wolf was playing a prank on him mid battle… Charlie moves forward to try and help Ambrose if anything bad happens.
Ambrose Betamax: (I’m jealous. my cat never demands play time. she just kinda steals my spot on my bed
AJ B. (GM): (lol, mine demands belly rubs)
(or to be allowed to type)
Ambrose Betamax: (I try to play with mine and she just looks annoyed and eventually grabs my hand in the trap of claws and agony
AJ B. (GM): (Alright so Melo continues channeling, and now its Bunyips turn)
The Bunyip returns to visible and attempt to bite Ambrose in half.
and somehow misses him completely
Melo: (he’s protected by a truck)
AJ B. (GM): (That this thing cheerfully ate half the front of lol)

Ambrose Betamax is very surprised by the giant monster appearing uh, in his face
Charlie: I’d hate to imagine how much harder this would be if I hadn’t crashed the truck into it)
AJ B. (GM): (Well Ambrose is up next)

Ambrose Betamax is totes stressed out!

Ambrose Betamax leaps out of his little shelter and gets behind the APC.
AJ B. (GM): (As a heads up, theres enough torn metal in that truck that getting out fast will tear into your legs a bit)
Ambrose Betamax: (I think its better than the alternative. can I roll a save?)
AJ B. (GM): (do you have an acrobatics skill or similar?)
Ambrose Betamax: (hmmm. dun look like it)
AJ B. (GM): (then it would appear not)
Ambrose Betamax: (I use my seduction skill!)
(hey twisted sharp metal, how you doooin)
AJ B. (GM): (you took 1 MD to your leg armor)
(even when its not something actively attacking, still the frikkin 1s lol)
Ambrose Betamax: (both legs?)
AJ B. (GM): (just the right leg)
Ambrose Betamax: (lol I think it’s worth it :P)
AJ B. (GM): (Charlie, you’re up)
Charlie: toss’n another rock “Charlie smash!”
rolling 1d20+4
(
1
)4
= 5
rolling 1d6
2
(
6
)+2
= 8
(figured I’d roll damage in case I hit, if not no worries. It’ll just make things faster)
LOl
Charlie: well ambrose I’m sorry if I hit you
Melo: (Man…)
Ambrose Betamax: (dood)
Charlie: can’t we just pick up bunnyip at the store? They’ll never know it’s frozen.)
Ambrose Betamax: (if you hit me we really need to to talk to whoever made the APC about a recall)
Melo: (They’re dead. Sage nod They died some 3-400 years ago)
AJ B. (GM): Charlie, as you move to throw you clock yourself in the face when pulling it back, doing 8 sdc directly to yourself as the rock crumbles to dirt in your hand.
Ambrose Betamax: (ouch dude :P)
Melo: (To GM) rolling 1d100
(
55
)
= 55
AJ B. (GM): (Melo, you’r up)
Melo: (To GM) rolling 1d4*10
(
2
)*10
= 20
(To GM): spell range reduced to 24 ft
(From AJ B. (GM)): ouch, that kinda sucks

Melo finally looks up as his eyes return to their focus.. Well, if he had eyes, at least. His head would simply turn as hands grow faintly blue with the occasional spark.
Melo: (Next!)
AJ B. (GM): The Bunyip looks at the lot of you and gives chase to the deerman
(Ambrose, you’re up next)

Ambrose Betamax eeps and moves to keep the apc between them. think those games of tag when you were a kid :P
AJ B. (GM): (Charlie, you’re up)

Charlie has a small headache from beaning himself in the face. He decides keeping the creature where it is might be helpful.
Charlie:
Casting Carpet of Adhesion

Melo had those sparks around his hands still, aura of magic bristling about him as he darted for that battered truck.
AJ B. (GM): (alright, just in range of a 1 round cast)
Melo: (I fail at numbers; retracting my movement for now)
AJ B. (GM): (Alright) so Charlie carpets of adhesion the ground under the Bunyip, its feet seeming to bind to the ground as it begins to glow green for a split second.
(Melo, you’re up)

Melo now would move, yep! This time to try and get within eye sight of the beast, not noticing Ambrose running around the truck.
Ambrose Betamax: (lol I’ve run a full circle around it now)
AJ B. (GM): The Bunyip struggles trying to get free and get at Melo accomplishing all of Fuck and All
Ambrose Betamax: (LOL)
AJ B. (GM): (Ambrose you’re up)
Ambrose Betamax: (can I fire at it from where I am?)
Melo: (No line of sight from what I can see, unless you want to shoot Melo’s APC)
Ambrose Betamax: (I bet the apc is too tall :P)
Melo: (It’s something like 2 stories tall, yeah)

Ambrose Betamax takes a step over and gets ready for more actiony stuff.
Ambrose Betamax: (also damn thats pretty tall.)
Melo: (9 ft tall tires’ll do that)
AJ B. (GM): (Charlie, you’re up next)
Charlie: (moving around the APC)
AJ B. (GM): (Melo)

Melo didn’t even bother turning down the megaphone on his helmet, “DIE FUCKER!” was the battle cry as a hand lifted and arcing bolts of lightning lept from the hand holding that E-Clip.
Melo: rolling 1d20+2
(
12
)+2
= 14
AJ B. (GM): It certainly cant dodge lol, roll damage
Melo: rolling 2d6
(
5
+
4
)
= 9
AJ B. (GM): The Bunyip begins to “shrink” as it becomes two dimensional
Charlie: (can I roll it up and put it in a poster tube)
AJ B. (GM): (Theres still kind of a carpet of adhesion its stuck to)
(But if you can catch it and find a poster tube sure)
(Was there one in that truck?)
Charlie: u__u yes, but it was eaten)
Ambrose Betamax: (we could just fold it into an origami frog)
Charlie: Charlie collects anime posters as a hobby. )
I don’t know if I have wthat skill D:)
Melo: (Ha)
Ambrose Betamax: (ok so crumple it up?)
Melo: (Also, Ambrose’s action)
AJ B. (GM): (yep)
(sorry got a bit sidetracked there)
Ambrose Betamax: (hmmmm)
(er, is the bunyip perpindicular to me so I can still hit it?)
(or do I just see like, a line)
AJ B. (GM): (you can still see it clearly)
Ambrose Betamax: (can I use my ectoplasm to entangle it?)
Melo: (It’s already stuck)
Charlie: (you know… if I could fold it. For reals. I’d cast carpet of adhesion on itself and keep it shut. If it tried to return to 3D it would be painful and possibly kill us with exploding body shrapnel)
Ambrose Betamax: (how long does the glue last?)
Melo: (Up to 5 minutes)
(But I don’t know if Ambrose would know that)
Ambrose Betamax: (will it’s not helpless but ambrose is starting to feel like continuing would be cruel :O)
Charlie: I dunno if the spell makes a visible sticky goo
Melo: (Think it does)
Charlie: if it does he should be able to tell it’s stuck then, I’d think
AJ B. (GM): (Its up for debate whether its visible or not Im gonna say its up to the mage casting and is their choice)

Ambrose Betamax decides the fight is pretty much over, and just watches to make sure nobody goes to far in the murderhunting.
Charlie: visible since we’re not trying to stealth anything)
AJ B. (GM): (once chosen it will stay so)
Charlie: he does know that’s our job right?)
Melo: (Yep. He’s been told, repeatedly, we’re being paid to kill one of these)
AJ B. (GM): (But figure since it compares it to flypaper there has to be a way to catch people offguard in it)
Ambrose Betamax: (ambrose is refusing the job. he was only fighting because the party was being attacked.)
Charlie: ah okay)
(oxo I’ll just hoard his half of the share then if he doesn’t want it.)
Melo: (That’d be fair in Melo’s eyes, too, actually)
Charlie: (and if he’s not on the job he doesn’t get a casserole from me)
AJ B. (GM): (Charlie’s up anyhow)

Charlie aims for the vial parts of the Bunnyip and starts to fire. It can’t run, might as well try to make this quick and make sure it’s dead this time.
Melo: (Also, if anyone is wondering, I’m keeping track of actions / durations of spells in the live stream)

Ambrose Betamax gets mad again.
AJ B. (GM): (Technically Ambrose could parry that gun, he has an action)
(innocent stare)
Ambrose Betamax: (oh. I guess he does that then :P)

Ambrose Betamax smacks at the gun.
Charlie: Technically I could rip him apart with my claws as well)
Melo: (Gun, or throwing stone?)
Charlie: U: omg you bitch z snap guuurl you in trouble)
AJ B. (GM): (alright, Charlie, roll to strike, Ambrose roll parry)
Ambrose Betamax: rolling 1d20 + 3
(
6
)3
= 9
(aaaw.)
Charlie: rolling 1d20
4
(
8
)+4
= 12
(it was gun, he switched over to the rifle)
AJ B. (GM): Well it would appear Charlie saw this coming and managed to keep his aim true. roll damage.
Charlie: rolling 2d6
(
3
+
6
)
= 9

Charlie manages to fire before his gun is swatted. “What was that?” He looked right at Ambrose, unsure of what he was trying to do.

Ambrose Betamax glares at charlie. “no need to be cruel to it.”

Melo couldn’t hear or see the pair fighting on the other side of the APC, the bunnyip still focused on him. Was that murder in his eye? No, this was work. This was life or death. The “DIE DIE DIE” blaring over his headset had nothing to do with it as those arcing bolts of electricity lept from his hand.
Charlie: “Cruel?” He paused trying to think of what he had done wrong. “I’m aiming for the vitals. I’m not trying to make it suffer.” He wasn’t really sure what Ambrose meant. Traps were essential to hunters and the wolf perhaps forgot not everyone needs or has hunted the way he does.
Melo: rolling 1d20+2
(
17
)+2
= 19
Ambrose Betamax: (ah, but ambrose isnt a hunter. he thinks killing at all is cruel.)
Charlie: (yup! charlie is so in his own world sometimes he forgets)
Melo: rolling 2d6
(
1
+
3
)
= 4
Charlie: (he saw ambrose kill earlier, so as far as he’s concerned the deer doesn’t have a problem with it until he says something)
Melo stop rolling 1’s D:< )
Ambrose Betamax: (in this case its because its helpless too :P)
Charlie: (I wouldn’t call that thing helpless LMAO it has an AOE still)
(but it’s percieved helplessness so it counts)
Ambrose Betamax: (but ambrose doesnt know that :P)
AJ B. (GM): (Charlie, you’re up)
(It has quite a few nasty tricks)

Charlie raises his weapon trying to aim again to end the encounter as fast as he could thinking the argument was over.
Ambrose Betamax: (I dont think I can interfere this time :P)
Melo: (Newp)
Charlie: rolling 1d20+4
(
18
)+4
= 22
rolling 2d6
(
6
+
3
)
= 9
AJ B. (GM): (Next round then it seems)

Melo wasn’t going to hesitate even as that invisible armor about him faded. Again those bolts leapt from his hand, though at least this time there was far less shouting.
Melo: rolling 1d20+3
(
17
)+3
= 20
rolling 2d6
(
2
+
2
)
= 4
AJ B. (GM): (Melo, you’re up)
Melo: (Already done)
AJ B. (GM): (ahh sorry missed that)
The Bunyip continues struggling and blowing in the wind a bit seeming unable to do much
(Ambrose, you’re up)
Ambrose Betamax: (Can I bull rush the bunyip to flatten it into the glue?)
Melo: (Charlie, can we get a hit box for where the glue is? 10ft x 20ft; 2×4 squares)
Charlie: it was just over whatever space it took up
since I can make it any size up to the max
Melo: (That works!)
AJ B. (GM): (yep and any shape)
Ambrose Betamax: (since its flapping in the wind I assume its light enough for me to just flatten out like a sheet :P)
AJ B. (GM): (he couldve just made one foot stick because it would be funny)
Charlie: (yeah I was gonna just roll it up next time I got a chance but we still need to kill it)
AJ B. (GM): (it weighs 1/18 of its original weight and if it wasnt glued down could fly away on a strong breeze)
Charlie: (if ambrose tries to keep it from charlie there will be a fight.)
AJ B. (GM): (and yes on the rushing it)
Ambrose Betamax: (ok, thats what I do then. if I need to use it I have telekinetic leap)
AJ B. (GM): (Alright) so now theres a Bunyip flattened against the ground looking like its painted on the desert with a deerman on top of it

Ambrose Betamax flattens the bunyip on the ground and sits on it so no one shoots it anymore.
Ambrose Betamax: “SO THERE!”
(youd better bot force lightning me, I’ll go full luke skywalker on you)
AJ B. (GM): (Charlie, you’re up next)
Charlie: “Oh, nice catch!” Charlie thinks Ambrose is trying to be a hunter. It’s kinda cute and weird a deer would be a hunter.
Melo: “AMBROSE! NO!” There was a moment of hesitation, brought on by raw shock of what the deer had just done, and what kind of danger he just put himself in.

Ambrose Betamax is sitting crosslegged on it.
Charlie: welp. If Ambrose touched the floor he’s stuck haha)
ah okay cool)

Charlie charlie walks over to see if the creature is immobile and unable to attack from being extra stuck on the ground.
AJ B. (GM): (Melo, you’re up)
Charlie: “Better be careful deer boy, if it pops back into a fat ol’ bunnyip you’re gonna go fly’n”

Melo would simply lift his pistol, preparing to take an aimed shot at the creature’s head.. Hopefully where Ambrose isn’t sitting.
Charlie: this is like, the worst day of this bunnyip’s life

Ambrose Betamax glares defiantly at everyone in general and crosses his arms. “Hmmph.”
AJ B. (GM): (Going to get between Melos gun or just gonna let him shoot?)

Charlie ‘s ears swivel around confused with Ambrose’s mood swings.

Ambrose Betamax wouldnt be so dumb as to stick himself DIRECTLY into the path of a gun. but he does make it clear that he is extremely against its use.
Ambrose Betamax: (with general facial expressions, deer swearing and so on :P)
(besides ambrose cant cover four squares at once :P)
AJ B. (GM): Bunyip pops back causing Ambrose to be tossed a good ten feet, although it is lying on its side now and is looking to murder All of you, and the floor
Ambrose Betamax: (whee!)
AJ B. (GM): (Ambrose is up next)
Ambrose Betamax: (I assume I’m on my ass…so I get up)
AJ B. (GM): (yep)
(Alright, Charlie)
Ambrose Betamax: (either way you now have a helpfully covered in goo prone bunyip)
Charlie: got food)
AJ B. (GM): (good deal)
Ambrose Betamax: (see! ambrose helps in his idiotic way)

Charlie asks Melo if there was a quick way to make sure it was put down properly this time without damaging the meat too much.
Ambrose Betamax: (plus how often does stuff like this happen in these games :P)
Melo: “Yeah. There is.” And with that, he’d squeeze the trigger.
Charlie: depends on how many bunnyips we get to hunt)
Melo: rolling 1d20+6
(
8
)+6
= 14

Ambrose Betamax pouts and goes back into the APC to sulk.
AJ B. (GM): (Think you’re jumping ahead of yourself there Melo, its Charlie’s action unless he’s holding it or counting talking)
Ambrose Betamax: (if combat is over.)
Melo: (True; I was taking that as a hold)
AJ B. (GM): (yeah not by a long shot)
(This things still got about half its MDC or so left)
Charlie: so. do these things breathe?)
AJ B. (GM): (yes)
Charlie: :3)

Vault continues to casually spin in the turret, attempting to get it to stop.
Ambrose Betamax: (lol poor vault)
Charlie: May I carpet of adhesion it’s mouth and nose to close it’s breathing places)
honestly suffocating it at this point would be faster)
unless it doesn’t breathe that way)
AJ B. (GM): (mmm, carpet of adhesion wouldnt seal its nostrils unless you slapped something on it, mouth would only seal if it pursed its lips or something similar)
Ambrose Betamax: (I guess you could physically shove its mouth closed :P)
AJ B. (GM): (yep, then we shove a deer on its nose)

Charlie tells melo of his idea. “I know it’s a bit messed up but really, I’m tired and it’ll put less bullet holes and laser marks on the meat.”

Melo held still for a moment with that aimmed shot, hand steady. “…You think it’ll die before that stuff wears off?”

Melo is wary; he’s not the kind to underestimate demons as a matter of course.
Charlie: rolling 1d100< 50
(
85
)
= 0 Successes
Lore Demon and Monsters
How long can a bunnyip hold i’ts breath??
awe
AJ B. (GM): (since they breathe both air and water, nobody knows, its not something generally researched)
Charlie: “I … have no idea. but it’s worth a shot.”
Melo: “I’d just as soon keep shooting until I know it’s dead.” Can he pull the trigger yet?
Charlie: All that talk’n would taken up my turn
AJ B. (GM): (by straight raw no, but sure lets go with that)
(that talking is a free action nonsense always leads to this)
Melo: rolling 1d20+6
(
14
)+6
= 20

Melo shoots!
AJ B. (GM): (In theory you can give a full dissertation on the mating habbits of every species during combat and never get shot)
(roll damage)
Melo: rolling 3d4*2
(
4
+
1
+
2
)*2
= 14

Ambrose Betamax embarks on a four hour long speech and some how finishes it without rushing in a matter of seconds
AJ B. (GM): The Bunyip growls and thrashes around a little before its eyes glaze over and it appears to die.

Charlie sniffs the air. “I wonder if they play dead.”
Ambrose Betamax: (didnt it just do that?)
Charlie: It was a trick the wolf knew. Playing dead got him cookies when he was a pup)
oops no ) on that one
Melo: “Sure as hell did last time. Vault, go get me my rifle.”

Ambrose Betamax looks miserable. “at least make it as painless as you can” and goes back into the apc. he doesnt want to watch.
Vault: “Yes Commander” Vault grabs the rifle and leaves the cannon spinning above.

Charlie scratches his chin. “Painless?” What a weird guy.
Melo: (So, how do we want to take actions for now?)
AJ B. (GM): (we’ll stay in combat for a moment because if you shoot it its going to give this up pretty quick)
Melo: (How long it gonna take the bot to get Melo his rifle?")
AJ B. (GM): (sorry skipping past to Ambrose in APC vault bringing rifle out)
Ambrose Betamax: (sulk sulk sulk.)

Melo tucks his rifle to his shoulder, and starts to squeeze the trigger, again with a moment to make sure he’s aiming at the same spot his pistol had left a little burn mark on.
Melo: (Called aimed shot again)
AJ B. (GM): (roll damage)
Melo: rolling 3d6*2
(
5
+
1
+
4
)*2
= 20
AJ B. (GM): As soon as you fire its eyes clear and it looks up again. since it goes after Melo anyways it inhales and goes for a full on roar
save vs hf from everyone
Charlie: this is still on it’s side right?)
AJ B. (GM): (yep)
Melo: rolling 1d20+2
(
9
)2
= 11
Ambrose Betamax: rolling 1d20 + -1
(
12
)
-1
= 11
AJ B. (GM): (Its options are rather severely limited here)
Charlie: rolling 1d20+9
(
11
)+9
= 20
Ambrose Betamax: (er, I’m in the apc anyways, so I guess ambrose thinks these are awful death sounds)
AJ B. (GM): Melo and Ambrose are paralyzed with fear for a round, and Charlie does not give a fuck.

Charlie bristles up. “Oh you want to play THAT game again?!”
Melo: “FUCK! I KNEW IT!” And he’s back pedaling.
Ambrose Betamax: (for roleplaying reasons can Ambrose be paralyzed with old yeller grief?)
AJ B. (GM): (sure)
Ambrose Betamax: (lol thanks :P)
AJ B. (GM): (with Ambrose paralyzed we skip to Charlie’s action)
Charlie: rolling 1d20+13
(
3
)+13
= 16

Charlie charlie roars back!
Charlie:
(did I do that right? HF13)
(LOL awe)
(this was a warm up roar)
Ambrose Betamax: (has anyone ever literally flattened an enemy in one of oyur games, AJ? I’d like to think I did something novel and funny :P)
AJ B. (GM): (I can honestly say no one has done that before)
The Bunyip seems disinterested in Charlies roar.
Ambrose Betamax: (awesome :P)
AJ B. (GM): (Melo, you’re up)
(oh wait paralyzed)
Melo: (Aren’t I frozen?)
(Charlie has 3-ish actions left (Depending on if any were used up amid waiting; roar is counted. I’m gonna reset the combat counter)
Charlie: rolling 1d20+13
(
19
)+13
= 32

Charlie charlie roars again now that he’s warmed up
Charlie: (much better!)
Ambrose Betamax: (why are you shouting contesting an immobilized bunyip when your just going to shoot it anyways? :P)
Charlie: (so it doesn’t try to fear melo while he gets his rifle)
(it also means I can approach myself and put a bag over it’s head or something “humane” > w>)
(totally not an execution()
Melo: (Brb a moment; I need to go eat something to make the shakes stop)
AJ B. (GM): The Bunyip seems a little concerned about being near charlie.
Im going to end this at this point and just assume you guys blow it away and check that its dead in every manner you can. Including the one Charlies should have used the first time smirk
Im going to end this at this point and just assume you guys blow it away and check that its dead in every manner you can. Including the one Charlies should have used the first time smirk
Always forget up isnt edit
Charlie: I’m assuming paramedic

Ambrose Betamax is grief stricken and tantrums a bit in the apc, kicking walls and the like.
Charlie: oh yeah
Ambrose Betamax: (I think he means magic sight)
Charlie: o xo *stares at the hopefully magicless body)
AJ B. (GM): which it now is
its been casting spells when it can
any time I had it growl and scrape the ground
“speech and gesture”
Charlie: I need a new truck
I think I got enough black market cred to pick one up, from someplace, ya?
AJ B. (GM): yeah

Ambrose Betamax is annoyed at the perpetually spinning turret (I assume there are moving parts in the passenger area) and kicks that for a while
Ambrose Betamax: (hell it probably fixes it)
AJ B. (GM): (Percussive Maintenance, for all your weapon repair needs)
(Also don’t tell Ambrose to disarm bombs)

Ambrose Betamax kick kick kick.
AJ B. (GM): After the 6th time it does stop moving
Ambrose Betamax: (lol)
“I FIXED THE DAMN TURRET
Melo: (Backish; pizza is now cooking!)
AJ B. (GM): Alright, so Bunyip is dead, time to decide how and what you guys are taking back
and yes you are absolutely certain it is dead in every way you can check short of turning it into a fine paste
Charlie: totally fine with abandoning the truck after checking to see if there’s anything I can take from it.)
Melo: (To GM) rolling 3d6*2
(
6
+
1
+
1
)2
= 16
Melo: (To GM) rolling 3d6
2
(
6
+
4
+
3
)2
= 26
Charlie: like the med kit )
Melo: (To GM) rolling 3d6
2
(
4
+
3
+
3
)2
= 20
Melo: (To GM) rolling 3d6
2
(
3
+
3
+
5
)*2
= 22
AJ B. (GM): (Medkit is intact, as is anything you had in the bed of the truck, anything that was in the cab was either eaten or torched by lasers)
(it’d be a bit scattered about but all salvageable)
Ambrose Betamax: (well that sucks. it looked pretty awesome at the time tho)
Charlie: (after I was asked hwo fast I’d be driving I didn’t think saying “as fast as I can go” was going to leave any car left XD)

Melo puts a fair drain on his clip, even if he could have asked the robot to do it; There’s likely a small hole in the cranial plate of the demon, but that’s a very good sign it’s dead. With that done, he’d go to survey the truck. The back Axle and wheels bent all to holly hell?
Ambrose Betamax: (I’m not sure you can still call it a truck at this point. bicycle maybe)

Charlie offers to lift the creature’s body with magic and float it out of the swamp. “We’re gonna need a new set of wheels though unless you think you can secure it on the APC. I can’t use my magic in the city.”
Melo: [Damage notes: Ambrose: 7 MD on chest, -1 to right leg. Charlie: 28 MD left on chest.]
AJ B. (GM): (desert, you guys are 15 minutes or so outside swamp)
(it took about that long for it to bioregen to full)
Melo: [Ammo note: Melo: 10 left on rifle. Ambrose: 1 E-clip with 4 rounds left, rest full, Charlie: 34 rounds left on rifle’s current clip.]
(Rear end / bed of the truck salvageable? Highly unlikely, but worth checking)
(And by ‘rear end / bed’ I mostly mean ‘Do the rear wheels still turn in a reasonably straight direction?’)
Charlie: (oh I getcha)

Melo spent 5 years working at a chop shop. This is kinda his thing.
AJ B. (GM): (roll salvage skill)
Melo: rolling 1d100< 50
(
33
)
= 1 Successes
Ambrose Betamax: (you guys mind if ambrose just generally mopes for a bit? I need to make food and all I have in the house is pasta that I have to watch while it cooks)
Melo: (Yep! Go enjoy! I need to grab my pizza in just a moment)
AJ B. (GM): The bed is only barely salvageable, the axel is a little wonky but it wont throw itself completely on its side or anything.
its not gonna go in a perfectly straight line by any stretch though.
Ambrose Betamax: (oki, with AJ’s permission I’ll brb for food then)
AJ B. (GM): (yep, go for it, see ya in a bit)
Ambrose Betamax: (thanks ^^
AJ B. (GM): (So going to try and take whats left of the truck and if so, how?)

Melo is ok with this. Back to the truck to get his saber, and to start chopping off what was left of the cab, likely with the robot’s help. “Well, your truck is a total loss. Can tie it to the bed ’n have Vault tow it in if we take it easy.”
Melo: (Sorry, Pizza was done)
AJ B. (GM): (alright, so last question, bunyip gets loaded where?)
Melo: (On what’s left of the flatbed)
Charlie: Gonna use it as a trailer now)
Melo: (Exactly!)

Chapter 10 Bunyips make good Eatin

Elevators are Scary! StrykerC